Flash's Fire Starters

Game Master AFlashInTime

Stepping into the Dawn of Flame Adventure Path


351 to 400 of 582 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

Female N korasha lashunta wild warden soldier (armor storm) 2 | SP 14/14 HP 18/18 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15; KAC 18 | Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +2 | Init: +2 | Perc:-1, SM: -1 | Speed 25ft | Active conditions: none.

Nomyra minds Wyrd's words and moves to the far wall while drawing a pistol.

semi-auto pistol: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
ouch!: 1d6 ⇒ 3


Fire Starters Loot

The hesper tries to dodge out of the way of Wyrd's cold while Kit and Vedrir shoot the hesper for light damage.

Ref: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

The hesper succeeds at dodging. Hesper -2

The hesper moves forward to the center of the room.

"Leave!" he shouts. He glows more brightly briefly before extending his hands toward Wyrd, Puzzle, and Kit; suddenly a cone of fire bursts out form the hesper in your direction!

Fire Magic!: 2d8 ⇒ (1, 1) = 2

Maybe the hesper was angling the fire above your heads as a warning shot, because you really thought it would be hotter.

Wyrd Ref: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19 Wyrd takes no damage
Puzzle Ref: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 Puzzle takes 2 points of fire damage
Kit Ref: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 Kit takes two points of fire damage

Mysticism DC 15

Spoiler:

The hesper cast "Overheat" as a spell-like ability.

Heroes are up!

Round 2
10+ Puzzle
10 Vedrir
07 Kit
04 Nomyra
03 Wyrd

02 Hesper


CG male space goblin mechanic (exocortex) 2 | SP 14/14, HP 14/14, RP 4/4 | EAC 14, KAC 15 | F+4, R+6, W+0 | Speed 35 ft., Init +3 | Perc +5 (Darkvision), SM +0 | Rifle battery: 20/20, spare: 20/20, 20/20, 20/20 | Current conditions:

"Make me!" Kit sticks out his tongue at the hesper as he fires his carbine once again.

Subzero Carbine (vs. KAC), combat tracking: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 3 + 1 = 23
C & P damage: 1d8 ⇒ 7


Exocortex AI

Real mature...

Wayfinders

Male Tiefling Witchwarper SP 12/14 HP 16/16 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1 (Darkvision)

Mystiscm: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

"I recognize what he just did, it's like an overheat spell...which can see, if just a blast of flames'

Wyrd focuses on a reality where the conjured flames caused a backlash that sucked away much of the heat in the area adjacent to the Hesper

Standard to cast Hazard once more
Cold damage: 1d3 ⇒ 2 Reflex save DC 12 to negate


Female N korasha lashunta wild warden soldier (armor storm) 2 | SP 14/14 HP 18/18 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15; KAC 18 | Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +2 | Init: +2 | Perc:-1, SM: -1 | Speed 25ft | Active conditions: none.

Nomyra fires off another shot.

semi-auto pistol: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
ouch!: 1d6 ⇒ 5


Male Kasatha Ace Pilot Biohacker/2 | SP: 12/12 | HP: 16/16 | RP: 4/4 | EAC:13 KAC:14 | Fort +3/Ref +2/Will +3 | Init +2 | Perception +7

Vedrir takes aim with his pistol and takes a shot

Attack vs KAC: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Damage, P&C: 1d4 ⇒ 2


Non-binary LG companion android scholar envoy 2 | SP 12/12 HP 16/16 | RP 3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +0; Ref +5; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +3; darkvision (60ft), low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: -

Puzzle recoils from the flames as they lick across their body.

"Spread out. Keep your distance and neutralise it quickly," the android calls before firing a single round of their firearm.

Get 'Em on Hesper (+1 to everyone's attacks)

Auto target rifle: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 2 + 1 = 18
Piercing damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3


Fire Starters Loot

Standing in the middle of the room, arms outstretched, the hesper finds himself completely exposed to the party's barrage.

First Puzzle's, then Vedrir's, then Kit's, then Nomyra's shot all find their target. A look of surprise crosses the hesper's face as he begins to fall, and he makes no attempt to dodge Wyrd's cold spell.

It seems the fey is no more.

Combat concludes

Other than labored mechanical noises and crackling coming from the damaged starboard engine, the ship is quiet.


Male Kasatha Ace Pilot Biohacker/2 | SP: 12/12 | HP: 16/16 | RP: 4/4 | EAC:13 KAC:14 | Fort +3/Ref +2/Will +3 | Init +2 | Perception +7

Vedrir exhales and wakes closer to Hespers body and begins to scan it with his micrloab.

"Why none of them are willing to talk to us. First I thought that crossing the gate made them mad, and transformed their bodies into different things. But now I think they might have been mad in the first place."


Female N korasha lashunta wild warden soldier (armor storm) 2 | SP 14/14 HP 18/18 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15; KAC 18 | Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +2 | Init: +2 | Perc:-1, SM: -1 | Speed 25ft | Active conditions: none.

"I don't know. Everyone keeps trying to kill us!"

Wayfinders

Male Tiefling Witchwarper SP 12/14 HP 16/16 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1 (Darkvision)

The Hesper's face isn't the only one showing a look of surprise. Wyrds eye open wide as he realized how quickly this fight went.

Wyrd blinks his eyes a few times before saying;
"Well done team, it seems we just needed a bit of practice to get our game on."

Wyrd does a quick glance around the room sending out his senses in an attempt to spot anything magical as he asks Kit
"Can you tell if anything here is damage? Maybe leaking radiation?"

Casting detect magic before moving on to the next room

"Let's go work our way back up the ship. Next stop, the room behind the only doors we haven't looked at in the room with the flame symbol on the floor"

I assume since we didn't lost a lot of resources during this fight we want to try another room?


Non-binary LG companion android scholar envoy 2 | SP 12/12 HP 16/16 | RP 3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +0; Ref +5; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +3; darkvision (60ft), low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: -

Puzzle nods their agreement with Vedrir. "The behaviour of those we've encountered onboard has been most extreme. Perhaps, as Wyrd has suggested, their state of mind has been a byproduct of the environment on the ship."

Looking around the group, and then the engine room, the android concurs with Wyrd. "Let's get some scans of this room and those engines for radiation. If it's safe, Kit do you think it worth checking the state of their engines? We can then move back to check behind us."


CG male space goblin mechanic (exocortex) 2 | SP 14/14, HP 14/14, RP 4/4 | EAC 14, KAC 15 | F+4, R+6, W+0 | Speed 35 ft., Init +3 | Perc +5 (Darkvision), SM +0 | Rifle battery: 20/20, spare: 20/20, 20/20, 20/20 | Current conditions:

Kit isn't paying attention as he moves to look at the engine before him and the tools splayed around it. "Not now. 'M'busy lookin' at this neato engine!"

Engineering to assess its condition: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19


Fire Starters Loot

Kit takes several minutes to assess the conditions of the engines, power core, and Drift engine. The starship's port engine and Drift engine appear to be wrecked, while the power core and starboard engine are malfunctioning. Despite the damage, everything operational appears stable and does not appear to be emitting radiation. It would take significant time (at a minimum, days) to repair the malfunctioning equipment.

In all, the various tools scattered around the room comprise an engineering tool kit and a radation sweeper (Armory pg. 99). They're free for the party to collect.

Wyrd doesn't detect any magic in the room that the party didn't bring in with them. Come to think of it, I don't believe you all have any magical equipment, so the answer is probably just "no magic detected".

After searching the room and finding nothing else of note, the party continues on to the next room to the port side of the flame symbol room.

Rolls

Spoiler:

Vedrir Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Puzzle Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Wyrd Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Nomyra Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5
Kit Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

This room appears identical to the cargo bay you found on the starboard side of the ship, except this one does not have a powered armor station. Like the starboard cargo bay, this bay also appears untouched by signs of use that one would expect in a cargo bay. A quick check of the airlock aft of the cargo bay reveals an identical airlock to the one you entered into the ship from, but no debris or statue pieces can be found in this chamber.

The party doesn't find anything else of interest here.

Wayfinders

Male Tiefling Witchwarper SP 12/14 HP 16/16 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1 (Darkvision)

After hearing Kit's assessment of the condition of the engines Wyrd comments

"This confirms what we knew already. If they had an easily fixable problem they wouldn't have been in such a problem with the space whale. Still it's good to know it's not leaking radiation that's going to drive us insane any time soon"

While exploring the next room;
"Looks empty to me. I'll ask the universe if it agrees with me"
Wyrd inhales and closes his eyes as he uses senses normally not used

Casting detect magic just to check

"Let's move to the next door and find out what's behind it"


Fire Starters Loot

Wyrd does not detect any magic here.


Female N korasha lashunta wild warden soldier (armor storm) 2 | SP 14/14 HP 18/18 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15; KAC 18 | Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +2 | Init: +2 | Perc:-1, SM: -1 | Speed 25ft | Active conditions: none.

Nomyra holsters her pistol. "Glad to hear it. Even so, this whole day goes under 'Things I will not write home to my parents about'. Yeah, let's see what's behind the next door."


Male Kasatha Ace Pilot Biohacker/2 | SP: 12/12 | HP: 16/16 | RP: 4/4 | EAC:13 KAC:14 | Fort +3/Ref +2/Will +3 | Init +2 | Perception +7

"If we have some time I can use the medical lab to heal my wounds as well as Puzzle. Although sometimes I feel like Kit would have a better chance with Puzzle wounds."

Treat wounds@Puzzle, medical lab, DC20: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28
Treat wounds@Vedrir, medical lab, DC20: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29

Now here comes the question, the rules says: If you exceed the DC by 5 or more, you add your Intelligence modifier to the amount healed. However, Vedrir is an Instinctive Biohacker which means that he uses Wisdom for Medicine. So that would make the heal to fix: 1+4 HP for Vedrir and Puzzle. GM please confirm. The treat deadly wounds take 1 minute per creature, so we need 2 minutes.


Fire Starters Loot

Edit: Didn't see Vedrir's post above this one while composing this post. Please read the next post first and then come back to this one. It's short.

Wyrd, Nomyra, and the rest of the party approaches the next door. It opens with a touch.

This long room is a combination galley and dining room. A wraparound grill occupies the center of the room, designed for the cooks to stand behind while diners sit at the surrounding brass bar and watch their food being prepared. Brass cabinets line the walls, along with two culinary synthesizers and doors to port and forward. Several of the cabinets have been broken open, and cooking utensils are scattered across the floor. Above, twin almond-shaped domes show the stars outside.

Rolls

Spoiler:

Vedrir Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Puzzle Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Wyrd Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Nomyra Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (15) - 1 = 14
Kit Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Wyrd: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Puzzle: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Vedrir: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Wyrd: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Kit: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32

Wyrd

Spoiler:
You notice four additional things upon entering the room:
1) There is alarm panel over the middle door on the opposite side of the room that is emitting an electrical hum. The panel is not flashing or emitting an audible alarm.
2)This galley has been set up as much for entertainment as utility, with the set up allowing chefs to conduct teppanyaki-style performances.
3a)Under the burners on the grill, you see three Tiny, lizard-sized (and shaped) creatures made of fire with overly large onion-shaped heads. There is audible giggling coming from the grill.
3b)You recognize these fiery creatures as Tiny fire elementals. You know that fire elementals are immune to fire and vulnerable to cold. You also know a fire elemental's strikes deal both bludgeoning and fire damage, and that their critical hits can set their opponents on fire.
4)All of the open cabinets have latches to secure them during starship maneuvers.

Puzzle

Spoiler:
You don't notice anything beyond the initial description of the room.

Vedrir

Spoiler:
You notice two additional things upon entering the room:
1)This galley has been set up as much for entertainment as utility, with the set up allowing chefs to conduct teppanyaki-style performances.
2)Under the burners on the grill, you see three Tiny, lizard-sized (and shaped) creatures made of fire with overly large onion-shaped heads. There is audible giggling coming from the grill.

Nomyra

Spoiler:
Under the burners on the grill, you see three Tiny, lizard-sized (and shaped) creatures made of fire with overly large onion-shaped heads. There is audible giggling coming from the grill.

Kit

Spoiler:
You notice two additional things upon entering the room.
1)Under the burners on the grill, you see three Tiny, lizard-sized (and shaped) creatures made of fire with overly large onion-shaped heads. There is audible giggling coming from the grill.
2)All of the open cabinets have latches to secure them during starship maneuvers. This suggests someone opened the cabinets and left them ajar after scattering the contents.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Fire Starters Loot

Edit: All of the above post happens after the party spends two minutes in the medical lab.

Also, I'm fine house ruling Vedrir can use his Wis modifier for treating deadly wounds.

After spending a few minutes patching up in the medical bay, the party advances to the next room.

With a touch, the door opens...

Insert above post


Female N korasha lashunta wild warden soldier (armor storm) 2 | SP 14/14 HP 18/18 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15; KAC 18 | Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +2 | Init: +2 | Perc:-1, SM: -1 | Speed 25ft | Active conditions: none.

Nomyra points to the grill, then mouths the word “creatures.” She extends three fingers, then puts her thumb and forefinger close together to indicate three very small creatures.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
CG male space goblin mechanic (exocortex) 2 | SP 14/14, HP 14/14, RP 4/4 | EAC 14, KAC 15 | F+4, R+6, W+0 | Speed 35 ft., Init +3 | Perc +5 (Darkvision), SM +0 | Rifle battery: 20/20, spare: 20/20, 20/20, 20/20 | Current conditions:

Kit pops up in front of Nomyra and adds wiggling fingers to her gestures, indicating flames as a grin spreads across his face.

Wayfinders

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Tiefling Witchwarper SP 12/14 HP 16/16 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1 (Darkvision)

Wyrd noticing the others are using hand gestures and himself motions the others with a quick opening and closing of a fist several times in rapid succession that there is something to be careful about before pointing at a point above the middle door.

He nods at Nomyra's assessment of the 3 tiny creatures indicating he also spotted them before nudging the cold powered maul she's carrying

Wyrd then points at his mouth and opens and closes while forming a word and raising an eyebrow it indicating a question on why we aren't using words. He then turns his right side hand upside down and using 2 of his fingers indicates walking then forms a fist and smashes it down on the palm of his other hand..you can only assume he means to walk forward and whack something.


Non-binary LG companion android scholar envoy 2 | SP 12/12 HP 16/16 | RP 3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +0; Ref +5; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +3; darkvision (60ft), low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: -

Oblivious to any of this, Puzzle had been about to walk directly into the room when the antics of their companions cause them to hesitate at the threshold.

Cocking their head, they watch the unusual pantomime unfold. Nodding once, the android slips the autotarget rifle from their shoulder, readying to enter the room once everyone is ready.


Female N korasha lashunta wild warden soldier (armor storm) 2 | SP 14/14 HP 18/18 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15; KAC 18 | Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +2 | Init: +2 | Perc:-1, SM: -1 | Speed 25ft | Active conditions: none.

Ah ha ha. Nomyra is a lashunta. She has telepathy. She can just message you all to tell you what she saw.


Fire Starters Loot

The party prepares to rush into the room to attack the Tiny, fiery creatures!

Init

Spoiler:

Vedrir Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Puzzle Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Wyrd Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Nomyra Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Kit Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Fire Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

However, it seems the creatures have noticed the door opening. They prepare to move toward you, voices seeming to repeat one syllable - you would guess in Ignan - that sounds like the 'pop' of an open fire.

Bolded up
Nomyra
Puzzle
Wyrd

Fire
Vedrir
Kit
Round 2 start


Non-binary LG companion android scholar envoy 2 | SP 12/12 HP 16/16 | RP 3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +0; Ref +5; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +3; darkvision (60ft), low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: -

Puzzle moves just inside the room and fires a round from their rifle at the closest creature.

Autotarget Rifle: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Piercing Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Wayfinders

Male Tiefling Witchwarper SP 12/14 HP 16/16 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1 (Darkvision)

Seeing the time for stealth is over Wyrd walks into the room to take up opposition in front of Puzzle

"Those are tiny fire elemental. They are immune to fire, but vulnerable to cold"

Wyrd then concentrates his energies on changing the area around the elementals into one where they aren't hiding under a stove but inside a freezer.

Casting hazard, I think I can only get 2 of them in a 5ft radius so targeting the 2 front ones (or depending on actions before mine goes off any grouping of 2 still standing)

Cold damage: 1d3 ⇒ 3 Reflex save DC 12 to negate


Female N korasha lashunta wild warden soldier (armor storm) 2 | SP 14/14 HP 18/18 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15; KAC 18 | Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +2 | Init: +2 | Perc:-1, SM: -1 | Speed 25ft | Active conditions: none.

Nomyra moves in.

"I hope you're right about this, Wyrd!"

She aims at the middle one.

aufeis frost maul!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
ouch!: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 C/B


Fire Starters Loot

My mistake on placing - up to four tiny creatures can fit in a single square, not two, so they all would have begun in the first square. This would've allowed Wyrd to get the two remaining ones in his spell.

Nomyra rushes forward and demolishes one of the tiny fire elementals with the frost maul.

Puzzle's shot finds its mark on the first elemental, with the creature just hanging onto life. FE -5

Wyrd targets the grill containing the fire elementals. They try to dodge.

Ref Damaged fire elemental: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Ref Undamaged fire elemental: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

Both manage to avoid the cold.

Rolls

Spoiler:

coin flip: 1d2 ⇒ 2

The second fire elemental steps into Nomyra's square to attack, with the damaged first one close behind. Guarded steps so no AoO

Both fire elementals attack Nomyra!

Burning slam!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Another burning slam!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

The first attack misses but the second connects.

B/F: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Despite the creature's tiny size, that burning attack hurts quite a bit.

Party is up

Vedrir
Kit
Round 2 start
Nomyra
Puzzle
Wyrd

Fire 1 -5


Female N korasha lashunta wild warden soldier (armor storm) 2 | SP 14/14 HP 18/18 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15; KAC 18 | Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +2 | Init: +2 | Perc:-1, SM: -1 | Speed 25ft | Active conditions: none.

"Ouch!"

Nomyra Guarded Steps away and then smacks an elemental with the maul again.

aufeis frost maul!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
ouch!: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 C/B


CG male space goblin mechanic (exocortex) 2 | SP 14/14, HP 14/14, RP 4/4 | EAC 14, KAC 15 | F+4, R+6, W+0 | Speed 35 ft., Init +3 | Perc +5 (Darkvision), SM +0 | Rifle battery: 20/20, spare: 20/20, 20/20, 20/20 | Current conditions:

Rushing into the room, Kit hops up onto the mounted stool by the counter, spinning around as he brings his gun to bear on the more wounded of the elementals harassing Nomyra. "Hold still, Nomyra! I take care of it!"

Subzero Carbine (vs. KAC): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
C & P damage: 1d8 ⇒ 1

Wayfinders

Male Tiefling Witchwarper SP 12/14 HP 16/16 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1 (Darkvision)

Seeing his companions leave open a space just big enough for what he intends to do Wyrd capitalizes on the opportunity and focuses his wyrd powers to draw a reality that's just 6 seconds behind ours to duplicate his previous effect once more

Casting hazard, hitting both fire elemental but no party members

Cold damage: 1d3 ⇒ 1 Reflex save DC 12 to negate


Non-binary LG companion android scholar envoy 2 | SP 12/12 HP 16/16 | RP 3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +0; Ref +5; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +3; darkvision (60ft), low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: -

Puzzle steps forward to get a better line on the tiny elementals before pulling the trigger on their rifle.

Autotarget Rifle: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Piercing Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1


Male Kasatha Ace Pilot Biohacker/2 | SP: 12/12 | HP: 16/16 | RP: 4/4 | EAC:13 KAC:14 | Fort +3/Ref +2/Will +3 | Init +2 | Perception +7

Vedrir moves as the last, he stands behind the crow of the crew members and takes aim at one of the enemies.

Attack vs KAC, needler: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Damage, piercing: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Critical Damage, piercing: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Move and shoot with minor inhibitor giving -1 to attack rolls if hit. I am shooting at the one to the right


Fire Starters Loot

Nomyra, Kit, and Puzzle can't connect, but Vedrir eliminates the one uninjured fire elemental. Wyrd tries to take out the final remaining fire elemental with his cold spell.

Ref: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

Unfortunately, it again dodges out of the way.

The elemental guarded steps into Nomyra's space, shouting one word again and again despite its injury. It tries to slam into Nomyra again.

Burning slam: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

The elemental attack misses, and the party's up again.

Vedrir
Kit
Round 3 start
Nomyra
Puzzle
Wyrd

Fire -5

Wayfinders

Male Tiefling Witchwarper SP 12/14 HP 16/16 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1 (Darkvision)

Not wanting to get in anyone's way as they try to shoot at the last fire elemental Wyrd shouts out;

"Take a step back Nomyra and wait for me to distract it" Wyrd draws his knife and starts to advance menacingly

Coordinating with the rest of the party so everyone who wants to take a shot shoots first before I start providing cover, then Nomyra readies for when I step into flank and she can take a whack at it before I move into flanking position - assuming nobody has killed it before then


CG male space goblin mechanic (exocortex) 2 | SP 14/14, HP 14/14, RP 4/4 | EAC 14, KAC 15 | F+4, R+6, W+0 | Speed 35 ft., Init +3 | Perc +5 (Darkvision), SM +0 | Rifle battery: 20/20, spare: 20/20, 20/20, 20/20 | Current conditions:

"Nomyra, I say stand still! Nofun, make her stand still!"


Exocortex AI

Initiating tracking data. Quit yelling at your friends.


CG male space goblin mechanic (exocortex) 2 | SP 14/14, HP 14/14, RP 4/4 | EAC 14, KAC 15 | F+4, R+6, W+0 | Speed 35 ft., Init +3 | Perc +5 (Darkvision), SM +0 | Rifle battery: 20/20, spare: 20/20, 20/20, 20/20 | Current conditions:

Kit only growls as he once again takes aim.

Subzero Carbine (vs. KAC), combat tracking: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 1 = 6 Oof. Better than the 1 last time, I guess. Only ten more rounds until I hit the thing, at this rate!
C & P damage: 1d8 ⇒ 6


Non-binary LG companion android scholar envoy 2 | SP 12/12 HP 16/16 | RP 3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +0; Ref +5; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +3; darkvision (60ft), low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: -

Puzzle nods once to indicate they heard Wyrd's suggestion. Lining up the elemental as best they can, the android fires two quick shots at the creature.

Autotarget Rifle 1: 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 2 - 4 = 10
Piercing Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Autotarget Rifle 2: 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 2 - 4 = 17
Piercing Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6


Female N korasha lashunta wild warden soldier (armor storm) 2 | SP 14/14 HP 18/18 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15; KAC 18 | Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +2 | Init: +2 | Perc:-1, SM: -1 | Speed 25ft | Active conditions: none.

Nomyra steps back and nods at Wyrd.


Fire Starters Loot

Kit's shot goes wide, hitting the barely-if-ever used chef's station. Then, just as Nomyra and Wyrd finish coordinating a plan of attack, Puzzle's second shot hits and finishes off the creature!

There are no more apparent threats remaining in the room.

Combat over


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Non-binary LG companion android scholar envoy 2 | SP 12/12 HP 16/16 | RP 3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +0; Ref +5; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +3; darkvision (60ft), low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: -

Puzzle walks a few steps toward the centre of the room, closer to the grill. "Keep the change, ya filthy animal," the android announces to the defeated elemental while reloading the rifle.

Looking around at their companions they add, "I believe a one-liner is mandatory at 'cool' moments such as these," ensuring the moment is anything but cool. "I recall that line from on old holiday vid-film," they continue, putting it beyond doubt.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
CG male space goblin mechanic (exocortex) 2 | SP 14/14, HP 14/14, RP 4/4 | EAC 14, KAC 15 | F+4, R+6, W+0 | Speed 35 ft., Init +3 | Perc +5 (Darkvision), SM +0 | Rifle battery: 20/20, spare: 20/20, 20/20, 20/20 | Current conditions:

"Yeah, yeah! I remember that one!" Kit says, similarly swapping a fresh battery into his gun. "The little one made all sorts of great things out of all the neat stuff in its house!"

Wayfinders

Male Tiefling Witchwarper SP 12/14 HP 16/16 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1 (Darkvision)

Wyrd stands behind the stove and flips his knife into the air before catching it again.
"If you can't stand the head, stay out of the kitchen"

Wyrd joins in on the cheesy one liners from old holo-vids

As he has the knife firmly in hand he focuses his senses sidesways and takes a good look around the room including looking under the stove (and fridge if they happen to have one) and inside cupboards

Casting detect magic and looking around
Perception if needed: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Kasatha Ace Pilot Biohacker/2 | SP: 12/12 | HP: 16/16 | RP: 4/4 | EAC:13 KAC:14 | Fort +3/Ref +2/Will +3 | Init +2 | Perception +7

Vedrir walks into the kitchen and having some time analyzes the fallen foes. He uses his microlab to learn more of them

Identify, life science: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

He is interested if they could be created when going through the portal.

"Most unusual beings, look how small are they, but how big strength they possessed. I was sure Wyrd that your signs were saying: let us make some mashed potatoes, I prefer fries if you ask me."

Wayfinders

Male Tiefling Witchwarper SP 12/14 HP 16/16 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1 (Darkvision)

Wyrd suddenly remembers something he noticed when the door opened and then forgot about in the heat of combat bad pun intended until now.

"Kit, there's an alarm panel over the middle door on the opposite side of the room that is emitting an electrical hum. The panel is not flashing or emitting an audible alarm...but it's setting of my nerves. Can you take a look at it?"


Non-binary LG companion android scholar envoy 2 | SP 12/12 HP 16/16 | RP 3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +0; Ref +5; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +3; darkvision (60ft), low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: -

While Wyrd and Vedrir inspect the surrounds, Puzzle opens a comm channel to the ACN-1. "ALICE, begin voice recording," the android commands. They then attempt to pronounce the phrase the elementals were repeating. "End voice recording. Please transfer recording to the Station for translation."

Culture if needed for the accuracy of Puzzle's pronunciation of the Ignan:
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

351 to 400 of 582 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Flash's Fire Starters All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.