Flash's Fire Starters

Game Master AFlashInTime

Stepping into the Dawn of Flame Adventure Path


251 to 300 of 516 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

CG male space goblin mechanic (exocortex) 1 | SP 5/7, HP 8/8, RP 2/4 | EAC 14, KAC 15 | F+3, R+5, W+0 | Speed 35 ft., Init +3 | Perc +4 (Darkvision), SM +0 | Rifle battery: 20/20, spare: 20/20, 8/20, 6/20 | Current conditions:

"Shutup, Nofun! I don't wanna hear it!" Kit takes a deep breath, then tries again to open the remaining lockers.

Engineering checks:

Engineering: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24
Engineering: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28
Engineering: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17
Engineering: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13
Engineering: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25
Engineering: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15
Engineering: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19
Engineering: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14
Engineering: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22
Engineering: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18
Engineering: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30
Engineering: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23
Engineering: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29
Engineering: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15
Engineering: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30


Fire Starters Loot

After about a minute and a half of work, Kit successfully opens all of the lockers.


Non-binary LG companion android scholar envoy 1 | SP 6/6 HP 10/10 | RP 3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +0; Ref +4; Will +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +2; darkvision (60ft), low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: -

"Welcome back," Puzzle says, smiling at Nomyra. "I'm glad you're still operational."

Turning to Wyrd, the android takes the offered firearm. "A sound suggestion. Thank you." Puzzle then collects the long arm rounds from the now open lockers. "Your perseverance was admirable, Kit."

While the others rest and catch their wind, Puzzle busies themself inspecting the newly acquired weapon.


Female N korasha lashunta wild warden soldier (armor storm) 1 | SP 7/7 HP 11/11 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15; KAC 18 | Fort +2; Ref +2; Will +1 | Init: +2 | Perc:-1, SM: -1 | Speed 25ft | Active conditions: none.

Nomyra rests against the wall as Kit works on the lockers.

"Anything good in there?"

Spending another resolve point, leaving Nomyra with only one remaining!

Wayfinders

Male Tiefling Witchwarper SP 4/6 HP 9/9 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +1; Ref +3; Will +1 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1 (Darkvision)

"This black choker seems stuck around her neck..and it's giving of some strange vibes to my senses when I look at it sideways..it sort of stings behind my eyeballs, I can't describe it better any other way"

Mystiscm: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
(If it applies the DC to recall knowledge about arcane symbols and magic traditions is 5 lower for me)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Kasatha Ace Pilot Biohacker/1 | SP: 6/6 | HP: 9/10 | RP: 3/4 | EAC:13 KAC:14 | Fort +2/Ref +2/Will +3 | Init +2 | Perception +7

Vedrir takes some more probes of a dead enemy, and photographs of the collar.

"We can decapitate the cadaver if you want to investigate the collar. "

You hear him say it as a natural thing to do. His scientific side sometimes hides his kasathan nature.

"I can take one battery, but for the rest of the things, I don't know how to use them. Besides grenades."

He thinks for the moment

"Let us collect the things and rest a bit."


CG male space goblin mechanic (exocortex) 1 | SP 5/7, HP 8/8, RP 2/4 | EAC 14, KAC 15 | F+3, R+5, W+0 | Speed 35 ft., Init +3 | Perc +4 (Darkvision), SM +0 | Rifle battery: 20/20, spare: 20/20, 8/20, 6/20 | Current conditions:

"Ooh, battery! Almost forgot!" Kit roots around in his pack for a moment and produces a spare battery, which he swaps into his rifle. "Don't wanna run outta shoot-juice!"

Kit would certainly appreciate a 10 minute rest.

Wayfinders

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Tiefling Witchwarper SP 4/6 HP 9/9 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +1; Ref +3; Will +1 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1 (Darkvision)

Wyrd tosses Kit 2 of the 3 batteries we just found

"Here have some more"

Nomyra took a 10 minute rest to restore Stamina so Kit can do as well. Wyrd will save his resolve for now..so I'll start with 2 stamina damage

After waiting for everyone to catch their breath, recharge guns with fresh batteries and the redistribution of found items.

"Does anyone Nomyra? want to use this maul? If we run into another thing that's resistant to fire but vulnerable to cold it could be of some use..and if not, we just don't use it"

Wyrd pockets one of the grenades and leaves the other one for Vedrir

"Do we go for the mystery door and continue our way forward or do we want to try to find out who Angry Abs is and head back?"

Wayfinders

Male Tiefling Witchwarper SP 4/6 HP 9/9 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +1; Ref +3; Will +1 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1 (Darkvision)

Wyrd speaks into the party comm to Alice
"Alice, we've found some souvenirs which we are bringing back with us when we return to the ACN-1..but all of of them don't look suited as a gift for you. But we'll keep looking for something nice."


Fire Starters Loot

Everybody rests for 10 minutes, so its up to the individual players whether or not to burn the RP for the stamina. But at the very least everybody's hanging out here for that long.

Wyrd, you're unable to identify the item during/after the rest period.

It looks like you all have cleaned this room up. Lots of doors await! (Including doors back to the ACN-1 if you choose)


Non-binary LG companion android scholar envoy 1 | SP 6/6 HP 10/10 | RP 3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +0; Ref +4; Will +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +2; darkvision (60ft), low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: -

"If I tried to swing that I might hurt myself or someone else - unintentionally, that is, as I understand that is the weapon's purpose," Puzzle replies to Wyrd's offer of the maul. "A grenade could prove useful. Or even that blade," the android adds, indicating the tactical dueling sword.

If no one else has need of either item?

"We best proceed cautiously. Nomyra has valiantly taken the lion's share of our adversaries' wrath, but even her considerable endurance will soon be depleted. Perhaps this Abs being will be more amenable to conversation and may provide us a less confrontational avenue of entry."


Female N korasha lashunta wild warden soldier (armor storm) 1 | SP 7/7 HP 11/11 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15; KAC 18 | Fort +2; Ref +2; Will +1 | Init: +2 | Perc:-1, SM: -1 | Speed 25ft | Active conditions: none.

Nomyra hefts the maul in her hand.

"Yeah, this seems pretty solid. Though, I think I still prefer punching people. But if no one else wants it, I can hang on to it."

She laughs a little at Puzzle's comment. "I think I have some Angry Abs myself after that last room. Let's hope they're angry at their captors and not us."


Male Kasatha Ace Pilot Biohacker/1 | SP: 6/6 | HP: 9/10 | RP: 3/4 | EAC:13 KAC:14 | Fort +2/Ref +2/Will +3 | Init +2 | Perception +7

I marked with arrow my proposition

"How about we check on those doors?" Says kasatha.


CG male space goblin mechanic (exocortex) 1 | SP 5/7, HP 8/8, RP 2/4 | EAC 14, KAC 15 | F+3, R+5, W+0 | Speed 35 ft., Init +3 | Perc +4 (Darkvision), SM +0 | Rifle battery: 20/20, spare: 20/20, 8/20, 6/20 | Current conditions:

The few minutes of furious focus as he thoroughly checks his weapon and the new batteries Wyrd tossed him seems to reinvigorate Kit, and he gladly bounces to his feet when Vedrir suggests moving on. "Let's go!"

Spending one RP to regain stamina.

Wayfinders

Male Tiefling Witchwarper SP 4/6 HP 9/9 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +1; Ref +3; Will +1 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1 (Darkvision)

"I can't figure out what this choker is supposed to do. But seeing how it's most likely very ... Wyrd pauses for a second as he remembers Vedrir's suggestion of a method to remove it from the Azer by decapitation "..unhealthy to try to remove once put on, I suggest to not try it on"

Wyrd stands up and dusts of his knees as he follows after Vedrir and Kit to the next door.

I'm fine with Puzzle taking the blade and the grenade

After Puzzle picks up the blade Wyrd also hands him the grenade he pocketed

"Here, you take this. I can sometimes summon some magical effect that can effect an area. You can do the same with this grenade"


Fire Starters Loot

Going ahead with the Vedrir suggestion seconded by Kit.

After taking some time to recover, the party moves back into the relaxation lounge to try the door on the starboard side of the room. Vedrir touches the door, and it opens.

Rolls

Spoiler:

Vedrir Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Puzzle Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Wyrd Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Nomyra Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5
Kit Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Kit: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25
Vedrir: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

This relatively large room appears to be a blend of an engineering bay and a science lab, filled with workbenches and a variety of large tools and view screens. Cabinets and lockers line the walls. Overhead, two clear, almond-shaped domes offer a view of the stars. At the room's forward end stands a long, clear-sided structure with two linked, square chambers--one full of a silvery liquid, the other empty. A falling workbench smashed the container on the empty side. A computer terminal is present in the starboard side of the room before reaching the two square chambers.

For Kit

Spoiler:

Kit, you recognize the silver liquid in one of the square chambers is actually an assembly ooze. Assembly oozes attack with the pseudopods and can, over the course of a minute, disassemble any matter technological matter into UPBs that it can use to make other items. Assembly oozes can also squeeze into very small places and are vulnerable to electricity.


CG male space goblin mechanic (exocortex) 1 | SP 5/7, HP 8/8, RP 2/4 | EAC 14, KAC 15 | F+3, R+5, W+0 | Speed 35 ft., Init +3 | Perc +4 (Darkvision), SM +0 | Rifle battery: 20/20, spare: 20/20, 8/20, 6/20 | Current conditions:

"Ooh, neat!" Kit pushes to the front of the pack, gazing at the silvery liquid.


Exocortex AI

Stop. You know better than to rush in. Tell your friends what it is.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
CG male space goblin mechanic (exocortex) 1 | SP 5/7, HP 8/8, RP 2/4 | EAC 14, KAC 15 | F+3, R+5, W+0 | Speed 35 ft., Init +3 | Perc +4 (Darkvision), SM +0 | Rifle battery: 20/20, spare: 20/20, 8/20, 6/20 | Current conditions:

Folding his arms and pouting, Kit stops short of entering the room. "Hmph. Nofun say I have to tell you first. That" he says, pointing at the container of silvery goo, "is a 'ssembly ooze. They super cool! They can break stuff down in no time, and turn it into other stuff! And they can get into tiny places! And they get all wobbly when you shock them!"

Wayfinders

Male Tiefling Witchwarper SP 4/6 HP 9/9 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +1; Ref +3; Will +1 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1 (Darkvision)

Seeing the room and not sure if it's strictly science or possibly a mystical mix Wyrd focuses his senses outwards and looks at the room from a sideways perspective

Casting Detect magic - assuming nothing strange flares up ->

"Look, a computer terminal. Maybe we can access it and get some information about what going on here?"

Wyrd shifts his gaze around the room

"And more lockers, maybe we'll find something of interest in those"

Wyrd blinks his eyes as words finally reach his mind and he registers what Kit just said

"So your saying that the silvery liquid in that glass chamber over there is an ooze? ..and there's another broken chamber next to it.....'

Wyrd spins around quickly looking up and down for another ooze hiding somewhere

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

"Since I can't see an ooze moving around..it might be hiding inside one of those cabinets..or it escaped from this room"


Fire Starters Loot

Glancing around the room, nobody sees any hidden oozes.


Fire Starters Loot

And Wyrd, you also don't detect any magic.

Also, just to reiterate how the cubes are set up, the two cubes are connected. So there's a cube with a thin tube connecting it to a second cube. The first (forward) cube has an assembly ooze in it; the second cube is broken.

Wayfinders

Male Tiefling Witchwarper SP 4/6 HP 9/9 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +1; Ref +3; Will +1 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1 (Darkvision)

Wyrd was distracted by looking for magic loot ;). I'm sure he and I would have said the same thing even when studying the cube set-up better. But thanks for the reiteration of the cube set-up from a players perspective


Female N korasha lashunta wild warden soldier (armor storm) 1 | SP 7/7 HP 11/11 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15; KAC 18 | Fort +2; Ref +2; Will +1 | Init: +2 | Perc:-1, SM: -1 | Speed 25ft | Active conditions: none.

"Oozes don't move real fast, right? Would it have gotten very far?"


Male Kasatha Ace Pilot Biohacker/1 | SP: 6/6 | HP: 9/10 | RP: 3/4 | EAC:13 KAC:14 | Fort +2/Ref +2/Will +3 | Init +2 | Perception +7

"Yeah, we will find it that's for sure. Let us check on the computers."

Vedrir goes to the computer and tries to turn on the terminal
Computers, aid another,DC10: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

And he does not seem to be able to do so.


Non-binary LG companion android scholar envoy 1 | SP 6/6 HP 10/10 | RP 3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +0; Ref +4; Will +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +2; darkvision (60ft), low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: -

Entering the room, Puzzle glances around. As their companions move about the room, they casually attempt to peruse the contents of the lockers and cabinets, opening and closing each in turn, as able.

"I don't know much of oozes, except that this one seems currently undisturbed. Let us try to keep it that way."

"A sound suggestion," the android agrees with Wyrd, finishing their inspection and making their way over to the terminal. "Let me see what we can piece together here."

Accessing the interface of their comms unit, Puzzle swipes here and taps there. "I'll just bring up the Station's previous translations of the glyphs we've seen for cross-referencing..."

Computer (Aid another): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24


CG male space goblin mechanic (exocortex) 1 | SP 5/7, HP 8/8, RP 2/4 | EAC 14, KAC 15 | F+3, R+5, W+0 | Speed 35 ft., Init +3 | Perc +4 (Darkvision), SM +0 | Rifle battery: 20/20, spare: 20/20, 8/20, 6/20 | Current conditions:

Kit watches the ooze with rapt attention as his friends examine the computer.


Exocortex AI

You know they're waiting for you, right?


CG male space goblin mechanic (exocortex) 1 | SP 5/7, HP 8/8, RP 2/4 | EAC 14, KAC 15 | F+3, R+5, W+0 | Speed 35 ft., Init +3 | Perc +4 (Darkvision), SM +0 | Rifle battery: 20/20, spare: 20/20, 8/20, 6/20 | Current conditions:

"Oh!" The goblin shakes off his reverie and heads over to the computer. "I got it!"

Computers, Puzzle's aid: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 9 + 2 = 17

I'm fairly certain that Kit has the best computers bonus among us, but I forgot to take the RNG's distaste for goblins into account.


Fire Starters Loot

The party moves into the room as Kit, Puzzle, and Vedrir try to see what's on the computer.

After a few minutes of work, Kit comes to a few conclusions. First, the computer appears to have been purged of any useful data about the ship or what it was doing, if the computer ever contained that information.

Second, what is on the computer seems to pertain to working a rather unique set up in the lab. Apparently the lab was set up to feed the assembly ooze matter for it to produce new technological equipment in one cube, then use electricity to convince the assembly ooze to move to the second cube so the items could be retrieved from the first. It's kind of a novel concept.

Rolls

Spoiler:

Vedrir Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Puzzle Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Wyrd Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Nomyra Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19
Kit Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Kit, engrossed as he is in the computer, doesn't notice the assembly ooze begin sliding through the tube into the broken cube. Fortunately, everybody else does. You're not sure what its intentions are, but think it might be prudent to defend yourselves.

Initiative

Spoiler:

Vedrir Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Puzzle Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Wyrd Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Nomyra Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Kit Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Ooze Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Bolded can act

21 Kit
18 Vedrir

14+ Ooze
14 Wyrd
13 Puzzle
09 Nomyra


CG male space goblin mechanic (exocortex) 1 | SP 5/7, HP 8/8, RP 2/4 | EAC 14, KAC 15 | F+3, R+5, W+0 | Speed 35 ft., Init +3 | Perc +4 (Darkvision), SM +0 | Rifle battery: 20/20, spare: 20/20, 8/20, 6/20 | Current conditions:

"Ooh, neat!" Kit starts to walk toward the ooze, eager to examine it more closely.


Exocortex AI

No! Get your impulses under control, or you're going to get hurt. Besides, that thing wants to eat your stuff.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
CG male space goblin mechanic (exocortex) 1 | SP 5/7, HP 8/8, RP 2/4 | EAC 14, KAC 15 | F+3, R+5, W+0 | Speed 35 ft., Init +3 | Perc +4 (Darkvision), SM +0 | Rifle battery: 20/20, spare: 20/20, 8/20, 6/20 | Current conditions:

"Oh no! You stay away from my stuff, ooze!" Kit picks up his rifle where he had carelessly leaned it against the computer and fires at the ooze.

Subzero Carbine (vs. KAC): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
C & P damage: 1d8 ⇒ 1


Male Kasatha Ace Pilot Biohacker/1 | SP: 6/6 | HP: 9/10 | RP: 3/4 | EAC:13 KAC:14 | Fort +2/Ref +2/Will +3 | Init +2 | Perception +7

Vedrir listens to the nature of the ooze and its use on this ship asking:

"Kit can we move this device to our ship? We could use..."

He spots the ooze moving to the different cube. He targets it with his microlab and tries to analyze its structure and features.

Identyfing with Life science 20+8.

Then he aims with his needler rifle with his spare hand hitting buttons on his microlab causing substances to mix in his rifle filling the dart with toxins.

Vedrir aims over Kit and takes a shot

Attack vs KAC: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Damage, piercing: 1d6 ⇒ 5


Using microlab to id the creature
Shooting with Basic Inhibitor -2 to AC if hit.


Fire Starters Loot

Vedrir

Spoiler:

Life Sciences: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
This is definitely an assembly ooze. You know oozes are weak to electricity, have normal ooze immunities, are very bad at reflex saves and are relatively easy to hit, and see through blindsight (virbration).

The ooze... oozes... forward toward Puzzle, and tries to hit the android with its pseudopod!

Pseudopod: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
B: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

The pseudopod misses the android.

Everybody's up

14 Wyrd
13 Puzzle
09 Nomyra
Round 2 start
21 Kit
18 Vedrir

14+ Ooze


Non-binary LG companion android scholar envoy 1 | SP 6/6 HP 10/10 | RP 3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +0; Ref +4; Will +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +2; darkvision (60ft), low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: -

Caught up in assisting the navigation of the alien computer terminal, Puzzle doesn't notice the ooze stirring. Turning at Kit's outcry, the android spies the ooze just in time to avoid the creature's clumsy attack.

"Be wary, everyone! The ooze is loose." Drawing their recently acquired blade, Puzzle swipes at the ooze. "Try to spread out. Give ourselves room."

Tactical duelling sword: 1d20 ⇒ 20
Slashing damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Crit?: 1d6 ⇒ 1


Fire Starters Loot

This ooze appears to be immune to critical hits.


CG male space goblin mechanic (exocortex) 1 | SP 5/7, HP 8/8, RP 2/4 | EAC 14, KAC 15 | F+3, R+5, W+0 | Speed 35 ft., Init +3 | Perc +4 (Darkvision), SM +0 | Rifle battery: 20/20, spare: 20/20, 8/20, 6/20 | Current conditions:

"Good idea! I spread that way!" Kit points to the back of the room, then leaps forward, trying to avoid the ooze and get to the far side.

Acrobatics to Tumble (DC 15 + 1.5*CR): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

The face-plant halfway through ruins the effect, unfortunately. Once back on his feet, he snaps his gun up and fires!

Subzero Carbine (vs. KAC): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
C & P damage: 1d8 ⇒ 3


Female N korasha lashunta wild warden soldier (armor storm) 1 | SP 7/7 HP 11/11 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15; KAC 18 | Fort +2; Ref +2; Will +1 | Init: +2 | Perc:-1, SM: -1 | Speed 25ft | Active conditions: none.

Nomyra sighs and moves up next to the creature.

"Let's see what this new armor can do."

punch!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
ouch!: 1d4 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

"Hmm. The shoulder's a little stiff."

Wayfinders

Male Tiefling Witchwarper SP 4/6 HP 9/9 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +1; Ref +3; Will +1 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1 (Darkvision)

Having heard Kit mention that the ooze will go all wobble when you shock him Wyrd imagines a world where oozes are made of fabric and starship floors are carpeted and then superimposes that reality over part of ours resulting in a powerful static shock entering the area

Casting hazard just behind the ooze, placed so it doesn't hit any party members

Elec damage ooze: 1d3 ⇒ 2 DC 12 reflex save to negate


Male Kasatha Ace Pilot Biohacker/1 | SP: 6/6 | HP: 9/10 | RP: 3/4 | EAC:13 KAC:14 | Fort +2/Ref +2/Will +3 | Init +2 | Perception +7

Vedrir steps back, mesmerize when he looks at his device saying

"Hey listen to that. This Ooze is very interesting, they are fragile to electricity and are slow in terms of reflexes. They have blindsight through the vibration sensors that they have near their outer layer. They proved to be resistant to toxins, poisons, stuns, sleeps, polymorphs. And they are unflankable. Most unusual."

Says Vedrir then he aims with his rifle towards Ooze and seeing back of Puzzle in his way, he pushes few buttons on his micro lab and shots Puzzle in his back.

Move action: move back
Standar action: use microlab to target Puzzle and give him +1 to AC.


Fire Starters Loot

As Kit stumbles, the ooze reaches out to try to hit the small goblin!

Smack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
B Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Ouch!

At the same time, the ooze tries to dodge out of the way of Wyrd's spell.

Ref save: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (13) - 1 = 12

The ooze barely dodges out of the way!

Puzzle stabs the ooze, but Nomyra misses, as Puzzle gets some help from Vedrir's bio-hacking. Kit, after recovering, also shoots the ooze! Ooze -14

The ooze tries to continue to attack Puzzle with its pseudopod.

Ooze attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
B Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
B Crit: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

The android is hit with a punishing pseudopod smack! Puzzle's just barely on their feet.

Everybody's up again

14 Wyrd
13 Puzzle
09 Nomyra
Round 3 start
21 Kit
18 Vedrir

14+ Ooze -14


Female N korasha lashunta wild warden soldier (armor storm) 1 | SP 7/7 HP 11/11 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15; KAC 18 | Fort +2; Ref +2; Will +1 | Init: +2 | Perc:-1, SM: -1 | Speed 25ft | Active conditions: none.

Nomyra punches once and then steps away.

"Let's try to keep it moving!"

punch!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
ouch!: 1d4 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9


Male Kasatha Ace Pilot Biohacker/1 | SP: 6/6 | HP: 9/10 | RP: 3/4 | EAC:13 KAC:14 | Fort +2/Ref +2/Will +3 | Init +2 | Perception +7

Vedrir takes a few steps back and aims at the Ooze, this time he will lower its defenses.

Attack vs KAC: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Damage,piercing: 1d6 ⇒ 5

If hit, it gets -2 to AC.

"Hold on Puzzle! It might transform you into a set of engineering tools if you fall down!"


Non-binary LG companion android scholar envoy 1 | SP 6/6 HP 10/10 | RP 3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +0; Ref +4; Will +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +2; darkvision (60ft), low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: -

Puzzle grunts as the ooze thumps them, the force of the blow almost disabling the android's sensors.

Steadying themself, Puzzle takes a cautious step back along the wall to create some space.

Guarded step and Move action

Wayfinders

Male Tiefling Witchwarper SP 4/6 HP 9/9 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +1; Ref +3; Will +1 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1 (Darkvision)

Seeing his team mates take yet another beating Wyrd concentrates on making life difficult for the ooze as he summons forth a nearby reality where the air isn't filled with oxygen but ozone in the hope to shock the creature

Elec damage ooze: 1d3 ⇒ 3 DC 12 reflex save to avoid

Casting hazard again then taking a step back


CG male space goblin mechanic (exocortex) 1 | SP 5/7, HP 8/8, RP 2/4 | EAC 14, KAC 15 | F+3, R+5, W+0 | Speed 35 ft., Init +3 | Perc +4 (Darkvision), SM +0 | Rifle battery: 20/20, spare: 20/20, 8/20, 6/20 | Current conditions:

"Nofun! What the best place to shoot ooze?"


Exocortex AI

It's all the same. Here, I'll give you a target. Combat Tracking


1 person marked this as a favorite.
CG male space goblin mechanic (exocortex) 1 | SP 5/7, HP 8/8, RP 2/4 | EAC 14, KAC 15 | F+3, R+5, W+0 | Speed 35 ft., Init +3 | Perc +4 (Darkvision), SM +0 | Rifle battery: 20/20, spare: 20/20, 8/20, 6/20 | Current conditions:

"Don't need your help, Nofun!"

Subzero Carbine (vs. KAC), combat tracking: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 3 + 1 = 21
C & P damage: 1d8 ⇒ 8


Fire Starters Loot

The ooze tries to dodge out of the way of Wyrd's electric attack!

Ref: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13

Once again, it just barely evades the damaging area.

Puzzle moves out of the way, and Nomyra lands a solid blow on the ooze as it slumps under her punch! She steps away, allowing an opening for Kit and Vedrir to land their shots as well.

After the onslaught, the ooze doesn't move to attack. Actually, it didn't really try to avoid Kit and Vedrir's hits after Nomyra punched it. After a few more seconds it becomes clear: the ooze is dead.

Out of combat

Kit notices a few items left in the cube the ooze vacated to attack you all. You see:
-A mk1 agility armor enhancer Armory pg. 81
-An emergency beacon Armory pg. 90

The room, and Breath of Embers, seems quiet once again.

251 to 300 of 516 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Flash's Fire Starters All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.