Flash's Fire Starters

Game Master AFlashInTime

Stepping into the Dawn of Flame Adventure Path


501 to 524 of 524 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Female N korasha lashunta wild warden soldier (armor storm) 1 | SP 7/7 HP 11/11 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15; KAC 18 | Fort +2; Ref +2; Will +1 | Init: +2 | Perc:-1, SM: -1 | Speed 25ft | Active conditions: none.

"Well, I hate to go through people's personal possessions, but we need to find out what happened here." Nomyra opens one of the footlockers.


Non-binary LG companion android scholar envoy 2 | SP 12/12 HP 16/16 | RP 3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +0; Ref +5; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +3; darkvision (60ft), low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: -

"It appears as though whoever these items might belong to is no longer able to make use of them." Puzzle joins Nomyra in searching the beds and footlockers.


Male Kasatha Ace Pilot Biohacker/1 | SP: 6/6 | HP: 9/10 | RP: 3/4 | EAC:13 KAC:14 | Fort +2/Ref +2/Will +3 | Init +2 | Perception +7

Vedrir uses his magnetic boots to keep steady and helps Nomyra to open the lockers.

"I would love to find some more detailed log. As at the moment it is very chaotic."

Says Kasatha looking through the holes in the hull at the vast space.

Wayfinders

Male Tiefling Witchwarper SP 12/14 HP 16/16 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1 (Darkvision)

Seeing other people go for the lockers Wyrd sends out his senses to see if he can pick up anything out of the ordinary

Casting detect magic


Fire Starters Loot

The party rummages through the lockers.

Most are unlocked and empty, but a few are locked. After a few moments disabling the relatively simple locks, the party finds the following:

Locker 1: Several garments woven with metal and composite. A set of manacles. A holoskin.
Locker 2: A spell ampule of remove condition (that Wyrd finds). A bottle of aged azer fire brandy (worth 250 credits).
Locker 3: A small platinum pendant depicting a marid (a water genie) and a dolphin (worth 250 credits).

No logs, datapads, or records of any kind can be found in the room.


Non-binary LG companion android scholar envoy 2 | SP 12/12 HP 16/16 | RP 3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +0; Ref +5; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +3; darkvision (60ft), low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: -

Once the crew have finished rummaging through the crew quarters, Puzzle moves to open the next door.

Perception at door before opening: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Wayfinders

Male Tiefling Witchwarper SP 12/14 HP 16/16 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1 (Darkvision)

Holding up the pendant and the dolphin.

"This will look nice back on the ACN-1 and would make for a nice present for Alice"

"...at least until we sell it because we need the money for food...I'm sure Alice will understand...'


Fire Starters Loot

Puzzle doesn't hear anything at the door before they open it.

Rolls

Spoiler:

Vedrir Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Puzzle Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Wyrd Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Nomyra Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3
Kit Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Inside, the party finds a bathroom built to accomodate people sharing divided space. Toilets share stalls with sonic sinks, mirrors, and sonic showers to allow multipurpose use.

With Kit's knowledge of Engineering, he surmises this might have been designed by creatures lacking biological needs, due to the how all of the room's elements have been installed close together. Wyrd is aware that, given the context, the most likely candidate is an outsider.

A small, empty closet is in the back of the room.

Wayfinders

Male Tiefling Witchwarper SP 12/14 HP 16/16 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1 (Darkvision)

"Well...this isn't ominous at all..." Wyrd mentions as he enters the tiny bath room and he can feel his skin stand up all over his body

He takes a big sigh before saying
"Well, it seems there's nothing left for us to investigate"
and looking more closely inside the empty closet (and the rest of the room)

Casting detect magic and taking a closer look around the room

"Shall we contact the Station and have them prepare for towing the ship to one of their docks?"


Fire Starters Loot

Wyrd doesn't detect any magic in the room.

Kit was able to get one functioning engine online through Engineering checks in the bridge. You can actually pilot the Breath of Embers, albeit slowly, back to the station yourselves.


Female N korasha lashunta wild warden soldier (armor storm) 1 | SP 7/7 HP 11/11 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15; KAC 18 | Fort +2; Ref +2; Will +1 | Init: +2 | Perc:-1, SM: -1 | Speed 25ft | Active conditions: none.

"I wish we could have found out more. Something very strange was going on here."


CG male space goblin mechanic (exocortex) 2 | SP 14/14, HP 14/14, RP 4/4 | EAC 14, KAC 15 | F+4, R+6, W+0 | Speed 35 ft., Init +3 | Perc +5 (Darkvision), SM +0 | Rifle battery: 20/20, spare: 20/20, 20/20, 20/20 | Current conditions:

"Meh. Fancy ship fancy. Let's go back, get lunch! Dinner? Er...whatever time it is." Kit heads for the bridge, ready to baby the ship back to dock.


Non-binary LG companion android scholar envoy 2 | SP 12/12 HP 16/16 | RP 3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +0; Ref +5; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +3; darkvision (60ft), low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: -

"This is most peculiar. All this space on board and only a handful of crew. We must have missed something, but I have no idea what it is," the android says.

Puzzle looks around the room with the bunks, trying to find the damaged area/s that had caused the room to become depressurised amd any clues to what had caused the damage.

Perception if needed:

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

Should they fail to uncover anything further, Puzzle joins the others in the process of returning the ACN-1 and the Breath of Embers to the Station.


Fire Starters Loot

Kit and Puzzle (and anyone else who looked) would have noticed several small perforations running along the outer wall. Such perforations could have been caused by a coil gun or similar starship weapon, but you don't recall the fire whale having any such weapon - natural or otherwise - that would have made such a hole.

-----------------------------------------------

With some of the crew returning to the ACN-1 and others remaining on the Breath of Embers to pilot it back to Far Portal Station, the trip back is slow but uneventful. As you disembark back on the station, excitement and relief is in the air as the scientists on the station gather to hear your discoveries.

Stationmaster Jori greets you upon your return. "It's so good you're back safely! ALICE kept us informed of your wellbeing while you were on the ship, but there's nothing like hearing what happened first hand. What did you find? We're all so eagar to learn about this vessel!"

Rolls

Spoiler:

Culture: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Vedrir Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Puzzle Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Wyrd Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Nomyra Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13
Kit Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Culture2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Puzzle

Spoiler:

You remember from your cultural training that while your group agreed to bring the ship back to the station (along with any surviving crew members) for study, your agreement/discussion with Jori (way back on post #78) said nothing about ownership of the ship. If you were to press a claim on the Breath of Embers, the starship would be legally yours.


Non-binary LG companion android scholar envoy 2 | SP 12/12 HP 16/16 | RP 3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +0; Ref +5; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +3; darkvision (60ft), low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: -

"Kit, how much work would it take to get the Breath of Embers back in shape?" Puzzle asks the goblin during the return journey.

"I ask because, although we agreed to assist the Station scientists in gaining access to the ship for further study, by virtue of the edicts pertaining to the salvage of abandoned vessels we are technically the legal owners of the ship should we wish to press a claim." the android continues, now addressing the whole party,

Wayfinders

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Tiefling Witchwarper SP 12/14 HP 16/16 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1 (Darkvision)

Wyrd eyes light up at the thought of being the owner of a (part of) a second ship

"Now..that would be a nice souvenir for Alice"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
CG male space goblin mechanic (exocortex) 2 | SP 14/14, HP 14/14, RP 4/4 | EAC 14, KAC 15 | F+4, R+6, W+0 | Speed 35 ft., Init +3 | Perc +5 (Darkvision), SM +0 | Rifle battery: 20/20, spare: 20/20, 20/20, 20/20 | Current conditions:

Lol. A pet ship for Alice.

"Um...Only weird jerks on board. Seems like everyone else ditched it or got turned to ash. It very pretty ship, though!"


CG male space goblin mechanic (exocortex) 2 | SP 14/14, HP 14/14, RP 4/4 | EAC 14, KAC 15 | F+4, R+6, W+0 | Speed 35 ft., Init +3 | Perc +5 (Darkvision), SM +0 | Rifle battery: 20/20, spare: 20/20, 20/20, 20/20 | Current conditions:
PU-34LE "Puzzle" wrote:

"Kit, how much work would it take to get the Breath of Embers back in shape?" Puzzle asks the goblin during the return journey.

"I ask because, although we agreed to assist the Station scientists in gaining access to the ship for further study, by virtue of the edicts pertaining to the salvage of abandoned vessels we are technically the legal owners of the ship should we wish to press a claim." the android continues, now addressing the whole party,

Kit shrugs. "It not too too bad. It take time, though. 'Specially the engines. Gotta see if any other mean jerks hiding in there, then gotta fix."


Female N korasha lashunta wild warden soldier (armor storm) 1 | SP 7/7 HP 11/11 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15; KAC 18 | Fort +2; Ref +2; Will +1 | Init: +2 | Perc:-1, SM: -1 | Speed 25ft | Active conditions: none.

"A second ship would let us expand the business. We could do multiple jobs at once."

Wayfinders

Male Tiefling Witchwarper SP 12/14 HP 16/16 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1 (Darkvision)

Wyrd seems to refocus himself

"..but you asked what we encountered inside. "

Wyrd ponders for a moment

"Mostly outsiders that either went crazy some time ago and couldn't be reasoned with or that got turned into a pile of ash. Very little information on why those things happened to them though..."


Non-binary LG companion android scholar envoy 2 | SP 12/12 HP 16/16 | RP 3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +0; Ref +5; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +3; darkvision (60ft), low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: -

"Unfortunately what we did discover answered very little and has only led to more questions," Puzzle adds to Wyrd's summary. "Particularly, why those we encountered seemed so unwilling to reason."

The android frowns. "Not to mention the structure of their civilisation - or perhaps the importance placed on their mission. On that note, please make sure that no one messes with the collars. Showing them the video message might prove particularly effective at tempering curiosity." At mention of the restraint, Puzzle's expression is one of clear distaste.


Fire Starters Loot

Jori nods upon hearing your explanation. "There's a lot here that doesn't make sense. Most of the scientific equipment here isn't designed for forensic work on a ship, but we can work on seeing if we can learn any more."

"What a day. Thank you for everything you've done for the Station. While you've certainly completed your initial delivery for us, I would ask that you stick around for another day while we do some initial analysis on the Breath of Embers. Everything will be on us, and we'll probably have another... let's call it a delivery job, for you tomorrow."

Jori smiles. "Get some rest. If you're still here, I'll see you in the Station's executive office tomorrow at 0700 Pact World Standard Time. I hope you can make it."

----End of Part 1, Book 1-----


Fire Starters Loot

Following Jori's instructions, you arrive at the Far Portal Stationmaster's executive office a few minutes before 0700. After conferring briefly with a male human assistant, you are buzzed into moderately sized office. You recognize the backdrop behind the desk from your previous communications with Far Portal Station onboard the ACN-1.

Inside the room, Jori stands and motions to a table large enough for six people with a variety of pastries and bagels in the middle with coffee and tea on a smaller table to the side. A broad-shouldered korasha lashunta woman with dark purple hair, wearing utilitarian gray coveralls with lots of pockets, is already seated at the larger table, sipping on a dark drink. See slides.

"Good morning, everyone," Jori says. "I'm glad you made it. Have a seat, and help yourselves. If there's one thing we do well here, other than science, it's coffee, and we go through a lot of it."

As you begin to walk toward the table, the lashunta stands. Jori continues, "I'd also like to introduce you to Dr. Taeress Suloro. Dr. Suloro is one of our researchers here, and she has an offer I thought you'd be interested in hearing."

The lashunta stands and approaches Nomyra, her hand extended for shaking.

"Good morning. I'm Dr. Taeress Suloro. I specialize in magnetosphere monitoring and solor weather prediction, with... well, let's just say I make sure nobody gets cooked."

After you all have time to make introductions and get seated, she continues, continuing to speak primarily to Nomyra.

"Remember about this time yesterday when that psychic wave of... like it felt like you were in an opening airlock without a suit?" She points to her antennae.

"Listen, lashuntas - and other psychic races - in the Burning Archipeligo feel similar psychic pressure all the time, but never anywhere near that strong, strong enough to be felt even by mute races. Combine that with the Far Portal going for a dip, and.." She grimaces. "And it's my professional opinion that things here have gotten deeply weird."

"I've already secured Jori's permission to serve as the Far Portal Station's representative to the scientific community based in Burning Archipeligo and present all of the data from both the Far Portal going under and this ship you all brought back, as they're able to exploit it."

"The catch is that my scientific contacts that aren't already on this station are based in Asanatown in the Burning Archipeligo, and it seems like yesterday - right after the big terror hit - the political situation in Asanatown went from unstable to very unstable. There're reports of riots, riot police, maybe even some organization trying to take control of the place. I haven't been able to reach any of my contacts to figure out what exactly is going on."

"I grew up in Asanatown, and I know that a lot of the lashuntas back home are... very stressed by the psychic pressure they've been feeling there. If they felt what we felt, that might've been enough to push some over the edge. But if what we felt means something, if it was caused by something, or maybe even someone, I mean who knows, but I don't think we can afford to wait any longer than we already have to put our heads together and figure out what's going on."

"So here's the deal. I hop a ride on your ship to the Burning Archipeligo. We go to Asanatown, and you help me figure out why none of the offices that I've contacted have anybody there to answer calls, and then how to find those people. If needed - and I stress if - I might also have to rely on you for personal safety. I hope things haven't gotten that bad, but if you were able to handle whatever was on the Breath of Embers you should be able to handle Asanatown."

"And of course, payment. I can offer you the rest of my department's budget - 500 credits - to get me there. Once we're there there's certainly the possibility of future work, depending onhow this goes."

"I can answer any questions you have. How soon can we leave?"


CG male space goblin mechanic (exocortex) 2 | SP 14/14, HP 14/14, RP 4/4 | EAC 14, KAC 15 | F+4, R+6, W+0 | Speed 35 ft., Init +3 | Perc +5 (Darkvision), SM +0 | Rifle battery: 20/20, spare: 20/20, 20/20, 20/20 | Current conditions:

"So...we not fixing new ship?"

501 to 524 of 524 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Flash's Fire Starters All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.