Flash's Fire Starters

Game Master AFlashInTime

Stepping into the Dawn of Flame Adventure Path


301 to 350 of 522 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Male Kasatha Ace Pilot Biohacker/1 | SP: 6/6 | HP: 9/10 | RP: 3/4 | EAC:13 KAC:14 | Fort +2/Ref +2/Will +3 | Init +2 | Perception +7

Vedrir breathes out after the ooze does not move.

"That's a pity, we could have used it."

He looks at found items and asks Nomyra:

"Do you need this armor enhancer? We can put it on as we discuss where to go next."


Female N korasha lashunta wild warden soldier (armor storm) 1 | SP 7/7 HP 11/11 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15; KAC 18 | Fort +2; Ref +2; Will +1 | Init: +2 | Perc:-1, SM: -1 | Speed 25ft | Active conditions: none.

Nomyra examines her new, cooled-magma armor. "I don't think there's a place to put it on here."

No upgrade slots!

Wayfinders

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Tiefling Witchwarper SP 4/6 HP 9/9 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +1; Ref +3; Will +1 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1 (Darkvision)

Wyrd looks around the the party, bruised and battered as they are.
"What's the plan..do we want to continue searching here or do we want to "
Wyrd pauses as he tries to come up with a diplomatic way of phrasing his words '..make a tactical decision and retreat to the ACN-1 for a bit to dress our wounds, get some food in us and return to the search rested?"

I think if we take a rest everyone heals like 1 hp, but at least people will have resolve back - which seems like a useful thing to have right now. Or do we want to risk another room? If we don't run into something with area damage and we can rotate who takes a hit we should be able to survive I think (hope)


CG male space goblin mechanic (exocortex) 1 | SP 5/7, HP 8/8, RP 2/4 | EAC 14, KAC 15 | F+3, R+5, W+0 | Speed 35 ft., Init +3 | Perc +4 (Darkvision), SM +0 | Rifle battery: 20/20, spare: 20/20, 8/20, 6/20 | Current conditions:

"I wanna see more!"

As long as we can take a 10-minute rest here for Kit to get his stamina back, I vote we keep going.


Fire Starters Loot

No problem with 10 minute rests here. One vote for continuing!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Non-binary LG companion android scholar envoy 1 | SP 6/6 HP 10/10 | RP 3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +0; Ref +4; Will +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +2; darkvision (60ft), low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: -

The threat of the ooze now over, Puzzle falls to the floor. Hands shaking, the android fumbles at their pack and administers their final healing serum.

A few breaths later, the android's shaking has lessened, but their voice Quakers as they speak. "I could use a moment longer to gather my wits."

Serum mk I: 1d8 ⇒ 3

1 RP for 10 min rest to replenish SP

"Our goal in coming here was to offer aid to any aboard that were in need," Puzzle offers as the group catches their wind. "For now, we should continue our mission, lest we be too late to help after leaving."

"We should make it clear we are not invaders. Perhaps seeking out this Abs being will provide us a contact within the ship. Or the one the azer named as a traitor. I also wonder what that one was doing within the airlock when we encountered her."


Male Kasatha Ace Pilot Biohacker/1 | SP: 6/6 | HP: 9/10 | RP: 3/4 | EAC:13 KAC:14 | Fort +2/Ref +2/Will +3 | Init +2 | Perception +7

I think Nomyra has 1 last remaining RP which means that we could be fine with one more room. Then I vote to go back to ship to rest and regain the RP's

"I am fine with us keep moving. " Vedrir uses the time to analyze the dead ooze, grabbing some samples and hoping that maybe he will be able to clone it in the future.

Wayfinders

Male Tiefling Witchwarper SP 4/6 HP 9/9 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +1; Ref +3; Will +1 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1 (Darkvision)

While the rest of the party sits down to recharge - both in body, mind and charges to their gun - and reload the ammo in their non battery powered blasters Wyrd takes a look around the room while sending out his senses sideways

Casting detect magic and taking a look around, I think I have enough time for a take 20 on perception, so that would be a 21. I doubt we missed anything before, but I can at least make sure I'm doing the best I can

When everyone get's back up to continue the exploration again Wyrd gives everyone some encouraging words

Casting Charming Veneer on everyone just in case we end up facing someone we can talk to within that time for a +1 circumstance bonus to Charisma checks and Charisma-based skill checks for the next 10 minutes


Male Kasatha Ace Pilot Biohacker/1 | SP: 6/6 | HP: 9/10 | RP: 3/4 | EAC:13 KAC:14 | Fort +2/Ref +2/Will +3 | Init +2 | Perception +7

Friday post - parental notice!

With a sudden charismatic energy present within Vedrir he approaches Wyrd asking:

"Tell me my fellow Witchwarper. Do you fancy me decapitating that cadaver for you to retrieve the collar that you seemed so enchanted by?"

Asks biohacker in a more eloquent manner.

+1 to charisma means +1 in Diplomacy :P

Wayfinders

Male Tiefling Witchwarper SP 4/6 HP 9/9 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +1; Ref +3; Will +1 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1 (Darkvision)

Wyrd tilts his head at Vedrir's question and mulls over the thought.

"I don't see any other way of removing the collar, other then waiting for the body to decompose. And since it seems to be fused to the body it might be one of those ancient cursed items I've read about in very old texts. It seems like it could be dangerous to just leave lying around. I think it would be prudent to remove it and take it with us ..in a lead lined bag, which we handle with heavy rubber gloves, but that goes without saying off course..until we know what we are dealing with."


Fire Starters Loot

Check my discussion post for more on this. Since there are 9 unopened doors or airlocks (technically there are 10 but you already tried to get through the northern left door that the magma elemental was damaging and found yourselves unable to proceed), rolling a "1d9" to see where the party goes next. Going in order clockwise from the current room.

Random room roll: 1d9 ⇒ 1

After resting and agreeing on continuing to explore the ship, the party turns left and checks out the next set of doors accessible from the recreation suite.

Kit touches the door, and the door slides open.

This room is decorated in basalt, brass, and steel, including metal lounge chairs around low metal tables. The walls and ceiling gleam with polished metal, except for tiny red and white tiles forming inset mosaics of elegant trees, their leaves countless tiny flames that light the room. Three recessed ceramic tubs with openings for massage jets sit empty in the floor, one big enough for several smaller humanoids.

Rolls

Spoiler:

Vedrir Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Puzzle Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Wyrd Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Nomyra Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 16
Kit Engingeering: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30

For Kit

Spoiler:

Looking around the room, you notice the flames coming out of the wall (the "leaves" of the inset trees) are coming out of nozzels capable of emiting a lot more flame. You also notice a control panel accessible near the door. If this sauna-like room were to be activiated, you're pretty sure it would be dangerous for non-fire resistant creatures, like most of the party (and maybe even Wyrd). Disabling the flames via the control panel via either technical or magical means an Engineering or Mysticism check would make the room safer for exploration by creatures not native to the Plane of Fire, such as yourselves.


CG male space goblin mechanic (exocortex) 1 | SP 5/7, HP 8/8, RP 2/4 | EAC 14, KAC 15 | F+3, R+5, W+0 | Speed 35 ft., Init +3 | Perc +4 (Darkvision), SM +0 | Rifle battery: 20/20, spare: 20/20, 8/20, 6/20 | Current conditions:

"Wait, wait! Don't go in yet! Watch this!" Before any of his friends enter, he slaps a small control panel just inside the door and watches the room fill with flames spouting from the small decorative leaves on the walls. "Hehehe!"


Exocortex AI

Knock it off! You have work to do. Turn those off, and disable it so its safe for your friends, right now!


CG male space goblin mechanic (exocortex) 1 | SP 5/7, HP 8/8, RP 2/4 | EAC 14, KAC 15 | F+3, R+5, W+0 | Speed 35 ft., Init +3 | Perc +4 (Darkvision), SM +0 | Rifle battery: 20/20, spare: 20/20, 8/20, 6/20 | Current conditions:

"Why you so boring, Nofun?" Kit breaks out of his fiery reverie and reaches back up to the control panel to turn off the flames. He then sets about disabling the mechanism, temporarily of course, so that it won't accidentally trigger while the party is inside.

GM:

Hope you don't mind me adding a little goblin fun. Here's my engineering check, spoilered so only you see it and we don't know how successful Kit was.
Engineering check: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27

Wayfinders

Male Tiefling Witchwarper SP 4/6 HP 9/9 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +1; Ref +3; Will +1 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1 (Darkvision)

Almost stepping inside after the others Wyrd waits when Kit warns him not to enter.

After seeing the fiery display Wyrd understand why Kit didn't want any of them to enter.

Peering inside as Kit works Wyrd focuses his senses sideways once more to try to figure out if the flames are pure mechanical or possibly conjured

Casting detect magic and looking inside while Kit works


Fire Starters Loot

Wyrd

Spoiler:
It seems like the flames are a combination of mechanical and magical effects. As Kit fiddles with the panel, you sense the flames' magic lessen before going away entirely. You don't detect any more magic in the room.

As Kit fiddles with the panel, the size of the flames diminishes in the room. It seems less prone to overheating than before.

Just a reminder that everybody also had their auto-roll perception checks when the door opened. From your current vantage point there's nothing else of immediate interest in the room.

Wayfinders

Male Tiefling Witchwarper SP 4/6 HP 9/9 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +1; Ref +3; Will +1 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1 (Darkvision)

Wyrd exhales and a little cloud of smoke escapes from between his lips

"I sense that Kit was successful and managed to tone done down the flames to a non-dangerous level. The room looks empty, so let's do a quick sweep to make sure there's nothing inside to be missed and then go to that door"

Wyrd indicates the door behind him.

Wyrd then walks into the ...relaxation area? to see if he can find something nice to take back as a souvenir to Alice.

Unless there is something of interest (for some reason I'm expecting a water elemental from the biggest tub to emerge once someone get's close) from a different vantage point - inside the room - let's take the door opposite this one and work clockwise here?


Fire Starters Loot

A quick walk around the room doesn't reveal anything else of interest. This seems to have been a relaxation room or sauna and as such doesn't seem to have anything of use for the group.

Wayfinders

Male Tiefling Witchwarper SP 4/6 HP 9/9 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +1; Ref +3; Will +1 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1 (Darkvision)

Wyrd continues his circuit of the room and ends back outside in front of the next door and pushes it open.

"If this place wasn't filled with people trying to kill us each time we encounter someone new this might be a nice place for us to relax a bit"


Non-binary LG companion android scholar envoy 1 | SP 6/6 HP 10/10 | RP 3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +0; Ref +4; Will +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +2; darkvision (60ft), low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: -

A little earlier...
"Vedrir, Wyrd, I do not recommend decapitation of the azer," Puzzle counters. "Such an action is at odds with our purpose of aiding those on board and would significantly reduce the probability of us succeeding in our mission of finding out more about what happened from the ship's crew," the android continues matter-of-factly, seemingly unconcerned by the suggestion beyond its potential impact on their mission.

"Also, if it is true that the collar is cursed and poses a danger, then it is only logical for us to leave it be and not risk putting our crew in further danger."

Now...

Heeding Kit's warning, Puzzle pauses at the door leading to next room. The android turns their head away as the room is filled with the triggered blaze.

"Perhaps we should find another room to ex- ah! Remarkable work, Kit," the android says as the goblin works his magic.

Running a quick eye over the room, Puzzle nods their agreement with Wyrd. "It makes for a pleasant change and indicates some degree of potential for non-hostile outcomes in future encounters." Glancing to where the flames had so recently erupted, they add, "Still, I don't think I'd be comfortable to spend any significant amount of time in here."


CG male space goblin mechanic (exocortex) 1 | SP 5/7, HP 8/8, RP 2/4 | EAC 14, KAC 15 | F+3, R+5, W+0 | Speed 35 ft., Init +3 | Perc +4 (Darkvision), SM +0 | Rifle battery: 20/20, spare: 20/20, 8/20, 6/20 | Current conditions:

Kit has already entered the room before Puzzle finishes speaking, examine the fire spouts before continuing to the far door. "C'mon! This way!" Kit suggests going straight across the room to the far door.


Fire Starters Loot

A few things happen, based on where everybody has put their characters on the map

Wyrd walks out of the sauna, across the recreation suite, and presses on a door on the port side of the ship.

Inside, Wyrd sees an infirmary with rows of beds, a surgical table, and transparent cabinets full of medical equipment and supplies stowed in shelving that holds it in place.

Roll

Spoiler:

Wyrd Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Meanwhile, Kit walks back into the "temple" toward the aft end of the ship. He approaches the door behind which you were told "Angry Abs" resides. He reaches the door and glances over his shoulder to see who's following.


Non-binary LG companion android scholar envoy 1 | SP 6/6 HP 10/10 | RP 3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +0; Ref +4; Will +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +2; darkvision (60ft), low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: -

With nothing of further interest in the sauna, Puzzle follows after the impatient Kit, in the direction provided for Angry Abs.

Wayfinders

Male Tiefling Witchwarper SP 4/6 HP 9/9 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +1; Ref +3; Will +1 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1 (Darkvision)

Wyrd opens up the party comm channel and speak'Guys..I found a medical bay. I think it might be worth a look around before we continue further exploring the ship. You know..in case we find something that can take care of the wounds most of you still have. There's cabinets full of supplies. I think we need Kit's expertise to open them if they are similarly locked as the weapon cabinets. And Vedrir's knowledge on how you are supposed to use them "

Wyrd focuses his senses at the supplies trying to pick up any hint of magical healing supplies

Casting detect magic and waiting to see if people come back to join me or if we push on towards Angry Abs

Wayfinders

Male Tiefling Witchwarper SP 4/6 HP 9/9 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +1; Ref +3; Will +1 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1 (Darkvision)

Wyrd opens up the party comm channel and speak'Guys..I found a medical bay. I think it might be worth a look around before we continue further exploring the ship. You know..in case we find something that can take care of the wounds most of you still have. There's cabinets full of supplies. I think we need Kit's expertise to open them if they are similarly locked as the weapon cabinets. And Vedrir's knowledge on how you are supposed to use them "

Wyrd focuses his senses at the supplies trying to pick up any hint of magical healing supplies

Casting detect magic and waiting to see if people come back to join me or if we push on towards Angry Abs


Female N korasha lashunta wild warden soldier (armor storm) 1 | SP 7/7 HP 11/11 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15; KAC 18 | Fort +2; Ref +2; Will +1 | Init: +2 | Perc:-1, SM: -1 | Speed 25ft | Active conditions: none.

"A medical bay! Just what we need." Nomyra rubs her ribs and joins Wyrd.


Fire Starters Loot

Roll

Spoiler:

Nomyra Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5

Wyrd and Nomyra quickly go through the medical bay while Puzzle and Kit wait to enter Angry Abs' chamber.

Wyrd and Nomyra find the following medical supplies in the room:
-Four mk 1 serums of healing
-Five medpatches
-A basic medkit
-A dose of tier one stimulant (Armory 133)
-A reversible prosthetic arm


Female N korasha lashunta wild warden soldier (armor storm) 1 | SP 7/7 HP 11/11 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15; KAC 18 | Fort +2; Ref +2; Will +1 | Init: +2 | Perc:-1, SM: -1 | Speed 25ft | Active conditions: none.

"Anyone mind if I down one of these?"

Nomyra takes a serum of healing.

healing!: 1d8 ⇒ 8

Woo!

Wayfinders

Male Tiefling Witchwarper SP 4/6 HP 9/9 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +1; Ref +3; Will +1 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1 (Darkvision)

"No, you look like you could use it" Wyrd answers Nomyra.

He then gathers everything they found and head towards the others

"Anyone need a hand?" Wyrd comments as he arrives at the rest of the party holding up a prosthetic arm.

He then distributes the medpatches out so that everyone has one and hands Puzzle 2 of the serums of healing"Looks like you could use one, maybe keep the last one in reserve though" before handing over the last one to Vedrir.

Wyrd then nods at Kit
"Ready when you are"


Male Kasatha Ace Pilot Biohacker/1 | SP: 6/6 | HP: 9/10 | RP: 3/4 | EAC:13 KAC:14 | Fort +2/Ref +2/Will +3 | Init +2 | Perception +7
_Wyrd_ wrote:
"No, you look like you could use it"

"It is not a nice thing to say to a Lady." Says Vedrir, you could not have seen as he came in. Then he turns to Nomyra

"You look amazing Nomyra, but feel free to use the healing serum." Then he turns to Wyrd and gives him the look, He begins to go through the gear found.

"All of us should take one medpatch, if I am not around you can patch yourself or others. I will take two healing serum, as I can apply it to you from the distance. Nomyra take one healing serum. Prostetic arm we can keep for emergencies or sell, the stimulant is a bit simple and not sophisticated. I can pack it. The medkit I already have so we can sell it."

Says Vedrir dividing the loot.

Can the room serve as medical lab? So if we again got hurt, can we use it? Or is it simply a room with medkit ;)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Non-binary LG companion android scholar envoy 1 | SP 6/6 HP 10/10 | RP 3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +0; Ref +4; Will +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +2; darkvision (60ft), low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: -

Puzzle gladly accepts the distributed medical supplies. "Thank you, Wyrd," they say, downing the serum.

Serum of healing: 1d8 ⇒ 1
Not Woo! :D

Puzzle holds the empty vial up to the light, squinting as they inspect the offending container. "I think that one was off," the android croaks.

Licking their lips, Puzzle grimaces at the aftertaste, ready to continue.

Wayfinders

Male Tiefling Witchwarper SP 4/6 HP 9/9 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +1; Ref +3; Will +1 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1 (Darkvision)

I'm not sure how much time has passed, but if we took more then 5 minutes while searching the sauna/medbay and getting here I'll renew the charming veneer spells, just in case we do encounter someone to talk to behind this door


Fire Starters Loot

Wyrd, it probably took at least a few minutes to grab everything, and since it's a 0-level spell feel free to refresh it anyway as you're leaving the room.

Vedrir, you think this room could definitely be used as a medical lab, providing whatever benefits a standard medical lab on a starship could provide. I'll have to look up specifics.

After stopping to gather the medical supplies, the party moves aft and opens the door behind which Angry Abs can be found, at least according to the recently departed rifti protean.

With a touch, the door slides open.

Rolls

Spoiler:
Vedrir Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Puzzle Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Wyrd Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Nomyra Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18
Kit Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

This chamber is full of tools and diagnostic gear for servicing the ship's twin thrust engines, each housed in its own circular bay. Tie-downs and stick-strips designed to secure equipment during zero-g maneuvers line the walls and work tables, but much of the gear is scattered accross the floor. The port engine is blackened and silent, but the starboard one sparks and crackles. Alcoves at the far end of the room hold a drift engine to port and the ship's power core to starboard.

Strangely, you hear weeping coming from the direction of the power core.

As you look for the source of the distress, everyone in the party except Puzzle notices most of the tools are scattered randomly, but those around the power core in the starboard alcove are arranged in a strange pattern.

A few moments after you enter the room, the weeping coming from the power core stops. Just as you begin to wonder if your minds were playing tricks on you, from out of the power core emerges an entirely nude lithe, pale green humanoid male figure with hair the color fire. A soft glow eminates from the humanoid as his body forms in front of the power core. On his face there is a look that mixes rage and grief. See slides

Rolls

Spoiler:

Wyrd: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Wyrd

Spoiler:

You recognize this creature as a hesper, a type of fey drawn to, or created by, the mix of technology and power found in starships, drift engines, power cores, and the like. While not normally inherently hostile, hespers can be very protective of their claimed technological homes, sometimes to the frustration of those who created the power sources in the first place. You know that hespers are immune to fire and radiation but are vulnerable to cold. They also can choose to focus the radiation of their bodies in a touch, which can cause strange, although mostly minor, mutations in those with whom they come in contact. Finally, you recall that hespers can bond with a large power source (such as a power core or fusion reactor), giving them the ability to merge into the power source. If a hesper's bonded power source is destroyed, the hesper dies instantly.

The creature looks at all of you and clenches its fists.

"DRIVE BREAKERS!" the creature shouts in Common. "Have you come to finish off my beautiful engines? You will not while I still live. Leave now."

The creature's muscles tense as it watches for your reaction.


CG male space goblin mechanic (exocortex) 1 | SP 5/7, HP 8/8, RP 2/4 | EAC 14, KAC 15 | F+3, R+5, W+0 | Speed 35 ft., Init +3 | Perc +4 (Darkvision), SM +0 | Rifle battery: 20/20, spare: 20/20, 8/20, 6/20 | Current conditions:

"Oooh, you fiery! Neat!" Kit says, barely restraining himself from going up to get a closer look. "What wrong with your engines?"

Wayfinders

Male Tiefling Witchwarper SP 4/6 HP 9/9 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +1; Ref +3; Will +1 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1 (Darkvision)

Wyrd holds up his hands up in front of him to show they are empty "Hello, I can assure you we are not here to finish off your beautiful engines."

"..in fact..My little friend over here ." Wyrd nods his head in Kit's direction to indicate whom he's talking about "..is quite the miracle worker when it comes to the technical part of the engines"

"We are actually here to find out if we can lend a hand. Do you want our help?"

"How rude of me, allow me to introduce myself. I am called Wyrd, what do we call you?'

Diplomacy in case it's needed, spoiler-ed in case someone wants to aid/try themselves:
1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 1 = 11

While he waits for a response from the creature Wyrd switches to the private party channel and whispers quietly "This is a Fey create; a Vesper. It's bonded to the engine somehow. Be careful..it's full of radiation which can cause...side effects when it touches you. It's immune to fire and radiation itself, but vulnerable to cold"


Non-binary LG companion android scholar envoy 1 | SP 6/6 HP 10/10 | RP 3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +0; Ref +4; Will +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +2; darkvision (60ft), low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: -

Puzzle steps forward beside Wyrd, also slowly raises their hands before them, palms open, in an effort to show their peaceful intentions.

"And I am Puzzle," the android follow on from Wyrd. "Our attempts to contact your ship were unsuccessful. We came to give aid to anyone aboard in need of attention following the Space Whale's attack on your vessel. We were unable to drive the whale away and were forced to destroy it to save your ship. Where did you encounter such a creature?"

Diplomacy:

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 1 = 17

Puzzle opens the private comm channel, softly requesting, "Alice, could you please contact the Station and ask for them to send through any video surveillance footage they have captured of the space whale and vessel's arrival, and the subsequent events?"


Female N korasha lashunta wild warden soldier (armor storm) 1 | SP 7/7 HP 11/11 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15; KAC 18 | Fort +2; Ref +2; Will +1 | Init: +2 | Perc:-1, SM: -1 | Speed 25ft | Active conditions: none.

"We will not hurt your engine at all; we're only here to help. Can you tell us where you came from?"

Diplomacy to aid: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

ha ha, no.


CG male space goblin mechanic (exocortex) 1 | SP 5/7, HP 8/8, RP 2/4 | EAC 14, KAC 15 | F+3, R+5, W+0 | Speed 35 ft., Init +3 | Perc +4 (Darkvision), SM +0 | Rifle battery: 20/20, spare: 20/20, 8/20, 6/20 | Current conditions:

Diplomacy to aid: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1

"Ooh, you got good tools here!" Kit says, picking up some of the tools on the ground. "I bet I could tear engine apart real quick with these!"


Exocortex AI

You're not helping, you know...!


CG male space goblin mechanic (exocortex) 1 | SP 5/7, HP 8/8, RP 2/4 | EAC 14, KAC 15 | F+3, R+5, W+0 | Speed 35 ft., Init +3 | Perc +4 (Darkvision), SM +0 | Rifle battery: 20/20, spare: 20/20, 8/20, 6/20 | Current conditions:

"What you mean?...oh! Um. Just to, you know fix it!" Kit gives the hesper his biggest grin.


AC 12 TL 11 Hull points: 70/70 Shields Front: 14/20 Starboard 20/20 Port 20/20 Aft 20/20 Glitches: -

"Sending message to Far Portal Station as per your request Puzzle. I'll update you once they respond"


Male Kasatha Ace Pilot Biohacker/1 | SP: 6/6 | HP: 9/10 | RP: 3/4 | EAC:13 KAC:14 | Fort +2/Ref +2/Will +3 | Init +2 | Perception +7

Vedrir walks into the engine room, looking at the surrounding with interest while letting the conversation happen.

He thinks to himself:

"What an extraordinary being! I am so glad that we came here! The amount of data that I collect is insane!"


Fire Starters Loot

After listening to you for maybe a minute, the hesper takes a step forward.

"No. I do not know what kind of strange beings you are or who sent you, but the condition of my engines and your arrival speaks for itself. No more lies!"

The hesper glows brighter, and you get the distinct impression diplomacy has broken down.

Initiatives

Spoiler:

Vedrir Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Puzzle Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Wyrd Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Nomyra Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Kit Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Hesper Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Puzzle: 1d100 ⇒ 95
Vedrir: 1d100 ⇒ 87

The party has a chance to act first, as the grief-stricken hesper takes a while to actually begin his action.

10+ Puzzle
10 Vedrir
07 Kit
04 Nomyra
03 Wyrd

02 Hesper


CG male space goblin mechanic (exocortex) 1 | SP 5/7, HP 8/8, RP 2/4 | EAC 14, KAC 15 | F+3, R+5, W+0 | Speed 35 ft., Init +3 | Perc +4 (Darkvision), SM +0 | Rifle battery: 20/20, spare: 20/20, 8/20, 6/20 | Current conditions:

"Why everything on this ship so mean?!"


Exocortex AI

They've had a rough time today. Now, you should shoot this creature before it gets any closer. Here, I'll draw you a target. AKA Combat Tracking.


CG male space goblin mechanic (exocortex) 1 | SP 5/7, HP 8/8, RP 2/4 | EAC 14, KAC 15 | F+3, R+5, W+0 | Speed 35 ft., Init +3 | Perc +4 (Darkvision), SM +0 | Rifle battery: 20/20, spare: 20/20, 8/20, 6/20 | Current conditions:

Kit sticks out his tongue at no one in particular, then raises his gun and fires at the hesper.

Subzero Carbine (vs. KAC), combat tracking: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 3 + 1 = 16
C & P damage: 1d8 ⇒ 1


Non-binary LG companion android scholar envoy 1 | SP 6/6 HP 10/10 | RP 3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +0; Ref +4; Will +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +2; darkvision (60ft), low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: -

"We wish you no harm, but will defend ourselves should you continue such a course of action," Puzzle warns the hesper, slipping the rifle from their shoulder and firing a round at the advancing being.

Autotarget rifle: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Piercing Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Wayfinders

Male Tiefling Witchwarper SP 4/6 HP 9/9 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +1; Ref +3; Will +1 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1 (Darkvision)

"Just remember, this was your choice not ours" Wyrd says as he draws his knife

"Don't let him touch you, it might send tingles up and down your body..but not in a good way. More in the glow in the dark kind of way."

Wyrd summons forth an area of pure cold around the Hesper as he shifts part of this reality with one where the theme of the ship is one of snow flakes and ice crystals instead of all these flames

cold damage: 1d3 ⇒ 2 Reflex save DC 12 to avoid

Casting hazard as a standard, drawing knife as a move


Male Kasatha Ace Pilot Biohacker/1 | SP: 6/6 | HP: 9/10 | RP: 3/4 | EAC:13 KAC:14 | Fort +2/Ref +2/Will +3 | Init +2 | Perception +7

Vedrir turns at the Hesper and takes aim with his pistol

Attack vs KAC: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Damage, P&C: 1d4 ⇒ 1

Then he steps away from the enemy

301 to 350 of 522 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Flash's Fire Starters All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.