Flash's Fire Starters

Game Master AFlashInTime

Stepping into the Dawn of Flame Adventure Path


201 to 250 of 512 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Kasatha Ace Pilot Biohacker/1 | SP: 6/6 | HP: 9/10 | RP: 3/4 | EAC:13 KAC:14 | Fort +2/Ref +2/Will +3 | Init +2 | Perception +7

Vedrir seeing that Kit is shooting from between his legs is terrified by that.

"Kit! Be careful with that!"

He aims at the enemy with his hail pistol and takes a shoot.

Attack vs KAC, hail pistol: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Damage, cold and piercing: 1d4 ⇒ 1

And then he retreats to a safer place.

Life science, identify: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28


Standard Action: pew pew
move action: move
And I try to identify the being. I am not using my micro lab as it takes action. And I don't want to be upfront ;) I am interested in immunities, resistances, special attacks


Fire Starters Loot

Vedrir, since you're not using the microlab (which makes everything living a life science check), this creature - being an outsider - is actually identifiable only by a Mysticism check.

As a result, you don't learn any additional information about the azer.


Female N korasha lashunta wild warden soldier (armor storm) 1 | SP 7/7 HP 11/11 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15; KAC 18 | Fort +2; Ref +2; Will +1 | Init: +2 | Perc:-1, SM: -1 | Speed 25ft | Active conditions: none.

Nomyra steps closer and swings.

punch!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
ouch!: 1d4 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8


Fire Starters Loot

Nomyra steps forward and clobbers Koshnar. Koshnar -8

After taking a split second to gather herself, the azer screams with rage and swings her maul wildly at Nomyra. If she heard Wyrd or Puzzle's words, she doesn't seem to pay them any attention.

Maul 1: 1d20 + 11 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 11 - 4 = 27 vs KAC
Maul 2: 1d20 + 11 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 11 - 4 = 13 vs KAC

The first swing crushes into Nomyra, while the second misses.

Crit C&F: 1d8 + 4 + 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 + (8) + 4 = 19
1d4 burn crit effect on Nomyra's turn
Burning condition damage applied later: 1d4 ⇒ 2

I believe the crit drops Nomyra to 0 hp and dying. Nomyra also has gained the "burning" condition, which will apply additional damage to Nomyra at the beginning of her turn.

As Nomyra falls, Koshnar shouts (in Common) "So it will be for all of you!" as she prepares to attack another target.

Re-ordered initiative slightly so Wyrd could move out of the way before Nomyra stepped forward.

15 Koshnar -8
13 Puzzle
10 Kit
04 Vedrir
03 Wyrd
02 Nomyra

Round 3 start


1 person marked this as a favorite.
CG male space goblin mechanic (exocortex) 1 | SP 5/7, HP 8/8, RP 2/4 | EAC 14, KAC 15 | F+3, R+5, W+0 | Speed 35 ft., Init +3 | Perc +4 (Darkvision), SM +0 | Rifle battery: 20/20, spare: 20/20, 8/20, 6/20 | Current conditions:

"Hey! That not nice!" Kit takes aim, now that he no longer has an ally in front of him, and fires again.

Subzero ice carbine (vs. KAC), combat tracking: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 3 + 1 = 21
C & P Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 3

Wayfinders

Male Tiefling Witchwarper SP 4/6 HP 9/9 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +1; Ref +3; Will +1 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1 (Darkvision)

"Stop hitting us!"

Wyrd unhooks his fire extinguisher and uses it to put out the fire burning Nomyra as he takes a step closer and get's right up into the Azer's business.

Game wise, not moving until my turn in the initiative order actually comes up so I'm not providing cover for the others shooting


Male Kasatha Ace Pilot Biohacker/1 | SP: 6/6 | HP: 9/10 | RP: 3/4 | EAC:13 KAC:14 | Fort +2/Ref +2/Will +3 | Init +2 | Perception +7

@GM - I did my action, at the top of the page.


Fire Starters Loot

Oops, sorry Vedrir. Kashnar was at -10. Vedrir can also take more actions in the second round.

Kit fires and hits the azer! The cold seems especially effective. Kashnar -14

15 Koshnar -14
13 Puzzle
10 Kit
04 Vedrir
03 Wyrd
02 Nomyra No longer on fire
Round 3 start


Non-binary LG companion android scholar envoy 1 | SP 6/6 HP 10/10 | RP 3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +0; Ref +4; Will +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +2; darkvision (60ft), low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: -

"Keep the pressure on! Press our advantage," Puzzle calls to the crew before firing a round of their laser rifle.

Azimuth laser rifle+Get ‘em: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 2 + 1 = 10
Flame Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 6


Female N korasha lashunta wild warden soldier (armor storm) 1 | SP 7/7 HP 11/11 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15; KAC 18 | Fort +2; Ref +2; Will +1 | Init: +2 | Perc:-1, SM: -1 | Speed 25ft | Active conditions: none.

Nomyra spends one RP to stabilize.


Male Kasatha Ace Pilot Biohacker/1 | SP: 6/6 | HP: 9/10 | RP: 3/4 | EAC:13 KAC:14 | Fort +2/Ref +2/Will +3 | Init +2 | Perception +7

No worries GM, happens to the best of us ;)

Vedrir continues to shoot with his hail pistol. He tries to find a moment when Wyrd turns a bit to find his mark.

Pew, pew, hail pistol, softcover from Wyrd, get'em: 1d20 + 2 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 2 - 2 + 1 = 19
Damage, cold and piercing: 1d4 ⇒ 1

Vedrir looks worried about Nomyra.

"What happened to all those peaceful first contacts that the movies were talking about." Just as he said that he recalled history. When Pact of Worlds met Vesks and Shirrens and couple of other races.

Wow, I think I didn't miss a single shot in this game, which given that I have +2 to hit is impressive. However, we have Kit to have all the 1s from the whole team ;)


Fire Starters Loot

Puzzle's shot misses, but Vedrir hits the azer with his hail pistol. Kashnar -16

As Wyrd steps up, Kashnar swings her maul twice at her new opponent.

Maul 1: 1d20 + 11 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 11 - 4 = 19
Maul 2: 1d20 + 11 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 11 - 4 = 21
C&F 1: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
C&F 2: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

With cold resist 5 and fire resist 5, I believe Wyrd will take 2 damage from the first hit and 0 damage from the second hit.

Seeing two solid hits yield virtually no damage, Kashnar yells in frustration and begins glancing past Wyrd at other potential targets.

15 Koshnar -16
13 Puzzle
10 Kit
04 Vedrir
03 Wyrd
02 Nomyra

Round 4 start


Male Kasatha Ace Pilot Biohacker/1 | SP: 6/6 | HP: 9/10 | RP: 3/4 | EAC:13 KAC:14 | Fort +2/Ref +2/Will +3 | Init +2 | Perception +7

Vedrir takes two shoots, hoping to take the enemy down.

Attack, hail pistol, softcover, get'em, full attack: 1d20 + 2 - 2 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 2 - 2 + 1 - 4 = 6
Attack, cold&piercing: 1d4 ⇒ 1

Attack, hail pistol, softcover, get'em, full attack: 1d20 + 2 - 2 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 2 - 2 + 1 - 4 = -2
Attack, cold&piercing: 1d4 ⇒ 2

But both shoots goes wild.

"Hey Kit, have you tinkered with my pistol lately?"


Non-binary LG companion android scholar envoy 1 | SP 6/6 HP 10/10 | RP 3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +0; Ref +4; Will +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +2; darkvision (60ft), low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: -

"Keep at it, while Wyrd has her distracted!" Puzzle issues the command before firing another shot at the azer.Get 'em

Azimuth laser rifle+Get ‘em: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 2 + 1 = 23
Flame Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 5
Crit Flame Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 3
Burn: 1d6 ⇒ 3 Although I suspect this Will all be for nought...


Fire Starters Loot

As you suspected...

The firey azer grins as Puzzle's shot hits her squarely in the torso. She doesn't seem any worse off, and doesn't seem to mind being (even more) on fire.


CG male space goblin mechanic (exocortex) 1 | SP 5/7, HP 8/8, RP 2/4 | EAC 14, KAC 15 | F+3, R+5, W+0 | Speed 35 ft., Init +3 | Perc +4 (Darkvision), SM +0 | Rifle battery: 20/20, spare: 20/20, 8/20, 6/20 | Current conditions:

Kit looks down at his rifle, surprised at its sudden effectiveness after his complete lack of success earlier. "You do that every time now!" he shouts, angrily, shaking the rifle as he steps forward and fires again over Nomyra's unconscious form.

Subzero ice carbine (vs. KAC), combat tracking: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 1 = 5 Wow.
C & P Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 1

"Argh! Why you no listen? Nofun, this your fault!"

Wayfinders

Male Tiefling Witchwarper SP 4/6 HP 9/9 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +1; Ref +3; Will +1 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1 (Darkvision)

Wyrd hisses as he experiences the cold burn of the Azer's weapon.

"It seems we are less at an impasse than I expected at first. Let's see if I can alter anything from my side as well"

Wyrd draws his survival knife and lunges forward to stick it into a weak spot of the Azer's armor

To hit KAc Azer: 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 + 1 = 21
S damage if hit: 1d4 ⇒ 4


Fire Starters Loot

Having Nomyra delay/not spend an RP to stay in the fight for now.

Koshnar looks back at Wyrd with some surprise as he sticks the knife past her defense. A quick look of desperation flashes across her face before she yells at swings again.

"You will die here..." she exclaims as she swings her maul like a bat at Wyrd.

Maul 1: 1d20 + 11 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 11 - 4 = 12

The maul passes inches from Wyrd's body.

"...just like the traitor Tash!" she yells as she pulls the maul back over her head to swing it down on Wyrd.

Maul 2: 1d20 + 11 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 11 - 4 = 24
C&F: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Despite the maul coming down solidly on Wyrd's shoulder, he takes no damage from the assault.

13 Puzzle
10 Kit
04 Vedrir
03 Wyrd
02 Nomyra

Round 5 start
15 Koshnar -20


Non-binary LG companion android scholar envoy 1 | SP 6/6 HP 10/10 | RP 3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +0; Ref +4; Will +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +2; darkvision (60ft), low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: -

Realising their attacks have little to no effect on the azer, Puzzle decides to change their approach. "Keep her busy, Wyrd. I have an idea," the android says, dashing over to the weapon locker and attempting to open the door in order to access the auto target rifle within.

Not sure exactly which locker houses the weapons, so have not moved token. GM, could you please place in the appropriate spot?

Wayfinders

Male Tiefling Witchwarper SP 4/6 HP 9/9 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +1; Ref +3; Will +1 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1 (Darkvision)

After he first notices the maul passing right in front of his chest Wyrd almost sighs in relief before the return swing impacts his shoulder but his sturdy changed body resists the cold fiery burn

'Tash you say? Care to elaborate and tell us more? Did Tash die already and if so, by your hand..or rather your maul?..or are you just wishing him..or her? dead?" Wyrd answers rambling as he follows Puzzels instruction to keep her busy.

Wyrd swings his knife again surprised that he managed to stick it into the Azer's flesh just seconds ago

To hit KAC Azer: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
S damage if hit: 1d4 ⇒ 2

but this time get's much closer to the result he'd expected the first time he swung his knife. Maybe the hit to his shoulder threw of his balance after all.


Female N korasha lashunta wild warden soldier (armor storm) 1 | SP 7/7 HP 11/11 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15; KAC 18 | Fort +2; Ref +2; Will +1 | Init: +2 | Perc:-1, SM: -1 | Speed 25ft | Active conditions: none.

Sorry for being slow to post! Yes, Nomyra will stay unconscious for now.


CG male space goblin mechanic (exocortex) 1 | SP 5/7, HP 8/8, RP 2/4 | EAC 14, KAC 15 | F+3, R+5, W+0 | Speed 35 ft., Init +3 | Perc +4 (Darkvision), SM +0 | Rifle battery: 20/20, spare: 20/20, 8/20, 6/20 | Current conditions:

Kit takes a deep breath to steady himself, then mutters "fine, I do it myself!"

Subzero ice carbine (vs. KAC), combat tracking: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 3 + 1 = 21
C & P Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 2


Male Kasatha Ace Pilot Biohacker/1 | SP: 6/6 | HP: 9/10 | RP: 3/4 | EAC:13 KAC:14 | Fort +2/Ref +2/Will +3 | Init +2 | Perception +7

Vedrir takes an aim and fires once

Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Damage, C&P: 1d4 ⇒ 1

Missing completely.

"Oh, come on!"


Fire Starters Loot

Puzzle, the second and third lockers each have weapons. Starting from the bottom and going north, the lockers contain armor, melee weapons, ranged weapons, and extra ammo/batteries. I put you in front of the second locker so you can reach lockers 1-3.

As Puzzle rushes over to try to grab a weapon out of one of the lockers, they find the lockers are locked. When Puzzle tries to open the locker, a digital key pad displays a message in a language they don't understand.

As Puzzle tries the door and Wyze and Vedrir miss their attacks, Kit fires a glancing blow of the azer. Still, the cold seems to have gotten her attention. Koshnar -23

Koshnar glances at Wyrd, a look on her face of... could that be resignation? She then takes a careful step over Nomyra before bringing her maul down on Kit.

Maul: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27
C&F: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

The burning, freezing maul hits Kit, but he manages to shift just enough that most of the force of the blow goes into the ground next to him instead of Kit himself.

Bolded are up

13 Puzzle
10 Kit
04 Vedrir
03 Wyrd
02 Nomyra

Round 6 start
15 Koshnar -23


Non-binary LG companion android scholar envoy 1 | SP 6/6 HP 10/10 | RP 3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +0; Ref +4; Will +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +2; darkvision (60ft), low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: -

D'oh! I was loathe to burn a turn just moving and opening, but that was an even worse outcome!

"It seems I'll need a little longer than initially anticipated, Wyrd..."

At least momentarily foiled by the locked door, Puzzle inspects the locker door and keypad, evaluating their strength and accessibility options, respectively.

ie. Does it look like the door could be smashed or the keypad hacked or otherwise bypassed?


Fire Starters Loot

Sure, that would be a Computers or Engineering check. You could also try to bash through the door, but it looks like it's made out of pretty thick transparent aluminum (which would be challenging to smash for a normal person).


Non-binary LG companion android scholar envoy 1 | SP 6/6 HP 10/10 | RP 3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +0; Ref +4; Will +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +2; darkvision (60ft), low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: -

Thanks!

Reaching a hand behind their back, Puzzle locates the terminal of their Kit's Kustombilt Handy Hacker (Patent Pending) on their back pack, inserting it into the keypad until it contacts the circuitry beneath. The android then sets to work attempting to bypass the keypad.

Computers: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17


Male Kasatha Ace Pilot Biohacker/1 | SP: 6/6 | HP: 9/10 | RP: 3/4 | EAC:13 KAC:14 | Fort +2/Ref +2/Will +3 | Init +2 | Perception +7

Vedrir shoots twice at the now better visible enemy.
Shoot vs KAC: 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 2 - 4 = 6

Shoot vs KAC: 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 2 - 4 = 5

And misses twice. He is becoming angry at himself.

I knew that! I jinxed it! Now I can't hit a thing.

Wayfinders

Male Tiefling Witchwarper SP 4/6 HP 9/9 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +1; Ref +3; Will +1 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1 (Darkvision)

Wyrd studies the look on Koshar's face for a second

I'm not sure if she's acting like this because she's traumatized or confused by sun radiation damage or something..so wondering if she's inflected with something or just doesn't like us

Sense motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

'Hey! Don't turn your back to me, we're talking here!"
Wyrd tries to stick his knife into the weak spot he located earlier

To hit KAC Azer: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
S damage if hit: 1d4 ⇒ 2


1 person marked this as a favorite.
AC 12 TL 11 Hull points: 70/70 Shields Front: 14/20 Starboard 20/20 Port 20/20 Aft 20/20 Glitches: -

'I've been running analysis on the tone of the stress levels of the..Azer you are fighting'

Sense motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

"My findings are inconclusive at this point"

'Also, since Wyrd mentioned what you we're fighting I've been looking through my internal database what I could find out about Azer's. you might want to avoid shooting at them with lasers. My research indicated that they might be highly resistant to those or any source of open fire. I hope you find this information of some use.'

Wayfinders

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Tiefling Witchwarper SP 4/6 HP 9/9 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +1; Ref +3; Will +1 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1 (Darkvision)

'Very helpful Alice, thank you for your assistance"

"..I sure hope she didn't calibrate her sensors to detect sarcasm yet.." Wyrd thinks to himself after hearing Alice's useful comment about not using lasers


AC 12 TL 11 Hull points: 70/70 Shields Front: 14/20 Starboard 20/20 Port 20/20 Aft 20/20 Glitches: -

"Glad to be of assistance" Alice answers in a cheerful tone of voice.

"Please let me know if I can be of further assistance. I'll stay on the line in case you need anything else."


CG male space goblin mechanic (exocortex) 1 | SP 5/7, HP 8/8, RP 2/4 | EAC 14, KAC 15 | F+3, R+5, W+0 | Speed 35 ft., Init +3 | Perc +4 (Darkvision), SM +0 | Rifle battery: 20/20, spare: 20/20, 8/20, 6/20 | Current conditions:

"Ow! You nofun either!"

Kit steps back away from the creature and fires again, hoping to drive it away, but the pain of the Azer's attack throws his aim wide.

Subzero ice carbine (vs. KAC), combat tracking: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 1 = 5 This is unbelievable.
C & P Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 5


Female N korasha lashunta wild warden soldier (armor storm) 1 | SP 7/7 HP 11/11 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15; KAC 18 | Fort +2; Ref +2; Will +1 | Init: +2 | Perc:-1, SM: -1 | Speed 25ft | Active conditions: none.

Nomyra remains unconscious.


Fire Starters Loot

Wyrd's attack, the only one to find its way past the azer's defenses, at first seems to just be another light cut.

But it seems the cuts have ultimately taken their toll. Koshnar staggers forward, tries to raise her maul, but stumbles. You hear her exhale a word that sounds like a fire dying before crumpling to the ground, eyes shut. A moment later, the azer's flaming hair goes out.

Puzzle's quick computers work with the locker doesn't seem effective. The locker remains locked, with the same message displayed as before.

Combat concluded

In addition to the lockers and charging stations designed for powered armor, you also have the airlock leading to the room Koshnar came out of, another airlock to the right, and finally a normal starship door further to the right.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
CG male space goblin mechanic (exocortex) 1 | SP 5/7, HP 8/8, RP 2/4 | EAC 14, KAC 15 | F+3, R+5, W+0 | Speed 35 ft., Init +3 | Perc +4 (Darkvision), SM +0 | Rifle battery: 20/20, spare: 20/20, 8/20, 6/20 | Current conditions:

Kit immediately sits down and begins disassembling his rifle, trying to figure out what's causing all of his shots to go wide.


Male Kasatha Ace Pilot Biohacker/1 | SP: 6/6 | HP: 9/10 | RP: 3/4 | EAC:13 KAC:14 | Fort +2/Ref +2/Will +3 | Init +2 | Perception +7

Vedrir quickly moves towards Nomyra and scans her with his microlab

"She is alive and stable. Thanks, Eloritu! Let me try to wake her up. "

Neither I can use threat deadly wounds norI have a healing potion:( so this post is purely RP.

Kasatha mixes a substance in his hands putting the vial into the syringe and makes an injection into Nomyra arm. Vedrir wakes for her to wake up.

"Are you all right?"

Ammo status: -5 darts, hail pistol - battery 13/20

Wayfinders

Male Tiefling Witchwarper SP 4/6 HP 9/9 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +1; Ref +3; Will +1 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1 (Darkvision)

"I hope not everything aboard this ship will try to kill us" Wyrd mutters

I know it's not how we're most likely supposed to do this using the game system..but can we contact the station to try to translate the message on the lockers? I think we'll have at least 10 minutes before we'll try another door

Wyrd then kicks away the maul and checks the fallen Azer for a pulse.

Wondering if she's dead-dead or unconscious


Female N korasha lashunta wild warden soldier (armor storm) 1 | SP 7/7 HP 11/11 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15; KAC 18 | Fort +2; Ref +2; Will +1 | Init: +2 | Perc:-1, SM: -1 | Speed 25ft | Active conditions: none.

Nomyra has one more healing serum, so someone can use it on her!


Non-binary LG companion android scholar envoy 1 | SP 6/6 HP 10/10 | RP 3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +0; Ref +4; Will +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +2; darkvision (60ft), low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: -

Failing to bypass the keypad access, Puzzle makes a note of the unusual symbols, transmitting them to A.L.I.C.E., and turns away from the lockers. Seeing Wyrd and Kit neutralise the azer, the android moves to join Vedrir by he motionless Nomyra.

Delving into their pack once again, the android produces a serum of healing and gently administers it to the lashunta.

Sitting back on their heels, Puzzle takes a moment to look around the room more carefully, now that they no longer have the more immediate concern of a flaming humanoid set on harming them.

The android gently pats Vedrir's shoulder and rises, making their way over to kneel beside Wyrd and the defeated azer. Puzzle assists the tiefling's inspection of the creatures vitals and belongings.


Female N korasha lashunta wild warden soldier (armor storm) 1 | SP 7/7 HP 11/11 | RP 5/5 | EAC 15; KAC 18 | Fort +2; Ref +2; Will +1 | Init: +2 | Perc:-1, SM: -1 | Speed 25ft | Active conditions: none.

healing: 1d8 ⇒ 4

Nomyra opens her eyes, but remains lying down for a moment.

"Ugh, this ship is the worst! Are there more people who want to kill us on board, do we think?"


Fire Starters Loot

Believe it or not, "call the Far Portal Station and ask them to translate" is totally an option given by the book. And even if it wasn't we're in campaign mode, where anything can happen!

A few moments after Puzzle transmits the letters to ALICE who passes it onto the station, you receive a response.

"That says "Master keycard required!" in Ignan."

Puzzle, your look around the room doesn't reveal any additional items or particularly useful information.

After checking Koshnar's body, Wyrd and Puzzle find that the azer is, in fact, dead-dead. She does have some interesting items on her, however. You find:
-An aufeis frost maul with one battery (15 charges)
-An autotarget rifle with 30 longarm rounds
-Two frag grenade I
-Basic iridishell armor
-A black iron choker

Kit, despite your best efforts you're unable to find anything mechancially wrong with your rifle.

Nomyra, welcome back! you awake to see a Vedrir's concerned face leaning over you and a dead azer crumpled next to you. Wyrd and Puzzle are investigating the azer's former belongings. Kit is sitting on the floor pulling apart his rifle, muttering.


CG male space goblin mechanic (exocortex) 1 | SP 5/7, HP 8/8, RP 2/4 | EAC 14, KAC 15 | F+3, R+5, W+0 | Speed 35 ft., Init +3 | Perc +4 (Darkvision), SM +0 | Rifle battery: 20/20, spare: 20/20, 8/20, 6/20 | Current conditions:

"Stupid thing is defective or something..." Kit mutters as he grudgingly puts his weapon back together.


Male Kasatha Ace Pilot Biohacker/1 | SP: 6/6 | HP: 9/10 | RP: 3/4 | EAC:13 KAC:14 | Fort +2/Ref +2/Will +3 | Init +2 | Perception +7

Vedrir welcomes Nomyra and makes sure that she gets some rest. After that, he walks towards Koshnar´s body and scans her with his microlab

"Oh, this is amazing. I will delve into those data when we have some free time. It is unfortunate that all our encounters end up in fights."

He collects some samples from the body and looks at the items.

"I can use grenades if no one wants them. But the other weapons and armor I can't use. And what is this?"

Vedrir asks looking at black iron choker.
When I google black iron choker I get some bdsm accessories ;) So I guess it is not that. After adding Starfinder to the phrase I only found this: https://www.aonsrd.com/HybridItems.aspx?ItemName=Allegiance%20Collar&Fa mily=None which is a level 8 item :|

Wayfinders

Male Tiefling Witchwarper SP 4/6 HP 9/9 | RP 3/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +1; Ref +3; Will +1 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1 (Darkvision)

"We need a master access key to open the lockers you say? Well, after an extensive examination of all of Kashnar's equipment I haven't turned up anything resembling an keycard yet. We either need to bypass it mechanically..

Wyrd glances at Kit as he mentions this

" ..or keep looking for a keycard somewhere else"

"Speaking of Koshnar's equipment..does anyone want any of these?" Wyrd asks as he holds up the items we've found one by one to show the others after having cast detect magic to get a better look at them.

Eyeing the armor and sizing up Nomyra
'We might be able to stretch some of these parts out a bit so it will fit you, adjust this..maybe that..I think it would fit"

'Maybe Puzzle would like the rifle..in case we run into another Azer or someone else with a resistance to laser fire"

"Since we're pretty beat up..do we want to continue exploring now? Or do we just ask Farpoint station to monitor the ship while we go grab some food?


Exocortex AI

Pay attention, your friends want your help.


CG male space goblin mechanic (exocortex) 1 | SP 5/7, HP 8/8, RP 2/4 | EAC 14, KAC 15 | F+3, R+5, W+0 | Speed 35 ft., Init +3 | Perc +4 (Darkvision), SM +0 | Rifle battery: 20/20, spare: 20/20, 8/20, 6/20 | Current conditions:

Kit looks up from troubleshooting his clearly-defective weapon.

"Huh? Mechanical bypass? Ok!" Already forgetting about his poor marksmanship (and the bruises from the Azer's maul), Kit happily bounces over to the lockers and gets to work on opening them.

Engineering: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23

Not sure if you want one per locker, or just one check.

More engineering checks if needed:

Engineering: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31
Engineering: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18
Engineering: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31


Fire Starters Loot

More Engineering checks are great because some of the rolls were really high!

Kit checks out all of the lockers and manages to open lockers #2 and #4! The others keep displaying an error message.

You now have access to the melee weapons and amunition mentioned in my previous post on what each other lockers contained: A tactical dueling sword, two assault hammers, three batters (20 charges each), 50 longarm rounds, and 24 heavy weapon rounds.

Wyrd, you can't seem to remove the black choker (aka black necklace) from the dead azer's neck. It's also detecting as magical. You can attempt a Mysticism check to identify the item!


CG male space goblin mechanic (exocortex) 1 | SP 5/7, HP 8/8, RP 2/4 | EAC 14, KAC 15 | F+3, R+5, W+0 | Speed 35 ft., Init +3 | Perc +4 (Darkvision), SM +0 | Rifle battery: 20/20, spare: 20/20, 8/20, 6/20 | Current conditions:

Kit's general frustration with the last half-hour gets to him when two of the lockers resist his efforts. Banging his small fist on the doors he shouts "Open open open! You stupid things! Open!"


Exocortex AI

That's not doing any good, you know.

201 to 250 of 512 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Flash's Fire Starters All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.