Dragons Demand - LJM table 2

Game Master Liam Mooney

MAP

Current Map

QUESTS

The Collapsed Tower:
The Baroness of Belhaim wants you to investigate the ruins of the collapsed tower and find out why there are dead kobolds mixed in with the towers rubble

Finding Hunclay:
Find out whether Balthus Hunclay had anything to do with the Witch Tower’s collapse.

Making Friends or Enemies*:
Make at least one of the families of Belhaim either helpful or hostile towards the party.
Hero or Villain*:
Make everyone in one of Belhaim’s factions either friendly (or better) or unfriendly (or worse) towards the party.
Best Friend or Worst Nightmare*:
Make everyone in Belhaim either friendly (or better) or unfriendly (or worse) towards the party.
Belhaim Historian*:
Learn a great deal about Belhaim’s history.

* - optional


51 to 100 of 314 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

Female Human (Kellid) Ranger 1 | HP 7/12 | AC 17, t 13, ff 14 | F +3, R +5, W +1 | speed 30ft. |
special:
+1 saves v. arcane; favored enemy (animal) +2

Nerak stands from her seat and her hand hovers over the kukri on her belt. Landslides remind her of home, and there was nothing good back home. "Sounds like a landslide. We should go see if anyone needs help!"

Knowledge (geography): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 Are landslides common around here?

The Exchange

Male Grippli Inquisitor 1 Init +4 | HP 9|9 | AC 22, T17, FF18 | Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4 | CMD 16 | Perception +6, Sense Motive +7
Resouces:
Spell slots: 1st: 0/2
Buffs:
Shield of Faith

Gwibble has a look outside to see if there are any storm clouds approaching.

Sovereign Court

Male Half-Elf Sound-Striker Bard 1 | HP: 9 | AC: 15 T: 12 F: 14) | CMB: 0 CMD: 12 | F: +1 R: +4 W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perception: +2 | Speed 30’ | Bardic Performance : 7

"Aww lawndslaard?" Corin repeats with his mouth full. Gulp. "In town? It wasn't even raining." He scoffs down a few more mouthfuls and grabs his bow to follow.

Knowledge (geography): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18 Would a landslide be a natural occurance in this area?

Scarab Sages

Male CG Taldan Forsight Wizard 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 12 T: 12 F: 10 | CMB: -2 CMD: 10 | F: +2 R: +2 W: +2 | Init: +13 | Perc: +3 SM: +2 | Speed 30’ | Prescience: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 2+1/2+1 | Active conditions: None.
Spell Known:
Grease

”Nerak is right, that is a landslide. Somewhere close too. Is that expected?” says Edon quickly but clearly.


Male Male Kobold Bloodrager (Rageshaper) 1 Init +3 | HP 12/12 | AC 21, T14, FF18 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +0 | CMD 13| Perception +7

But we're on flat ground, that shouldn't be possible. Hey Talia, are there any old mines or large structures in the area.

Shadow Lodge

Gwibble sees a large plume of dust rising from the top of a hill across the river.

"There's just an old limestone quarry nearby that I can think of"Talia says to Vultha, "it was flooded in an earthquake a century or so ago though."

A man barges in through the door, almost out of breath "the Witch Tower has fallen!"

Sovereign Court

Male Half-Elf Sound-Striker Bard 1 | HP: 9 | AC: 15 T: 12 F: 14) | CMB: 0 CMD: 12 | F: +1 R: +4 W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perception: +2 | Speed 30’ | Bardic Performance : 7

Knowledge:Local: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Does Corin know anything about the Witch Tower?

The Exchange

Male Grippli Inquisitor 1 Init +4 | HP 9|9 | AC 22, T17, FF18 | Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4 | CMD 16 | Perception +6, Sense Motive +7
Resouces:
Spell slots: 1st: 0/2
Buffs:
Shield of Faith

Witch Tower, whats the Witch Tower?

Scarab Sages

Male CG Taldan Forsight Wizard 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 12 T: 12 F: 10 | CMB: -2 CMD: 10 | F: +2 R: +2 W: +2 | Init: +13 | Perc: +3 SM: +2 | Speed 30’ | Prescience: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 2+1/2+1 | Active conditions: None.
Spell Known:
Grease

”What is the Witch Tower? Do we need to be worried?” asks Edon to anyone listening. Even with the family connection Edon can’t help but worry about the mention of witches. Seeing the obviously distressed man Edon fiddles through his component pouch and makes sure everything is in order.


Female Human (Kellid) Ranger 1 | HP 7/12 | AC 17, t 13, ff 14 | F +3, R +5, W +1 | speed 30ft. |
special:
+1 saves v. arcane; favored enemy (animal) +2

The mention of witches makes the scars all over Nerak's body itch. "Is there a witch in town? Do you need us to take care of them?"

This time, instead of hovering over her kukri she grabs her axe from its rest leaning against the table. "Either way, if something fell in town we should see if anyone needs help." Nerak now also awaits an explanation of what the Witch Tower is.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Ranger Lv 5, Skirmisher, Deep Walker

Ooh! a witch tower, that sounds like something I would love to see. Vultha says with far too much glee in his voice. Lead the way my good sir.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

Realizing that there are other, normal people around. Let's render whatever assistance we can provide.

Shadow Lodge

Corin can't recall anything about the tower/witches in the area

Talia answers your questions while sitting the man down to catch his breath. "The Witch Tower is what we call the ruins of Castle Tula where the Cantleclure Barons used to live until they rebelled and the castle was razed. Only bad things happen there now, even as recently as two years ago Baroness Origena Devy lost her husband when he decided to have a look around.

Luckily it's reputation helps keep people away from the place, so hopefully no ones been harmed. It wouldn't hurt to look though, I can't see why it would just fall down all of a sudden."

The Exchange

Male Grippli Inquisitor 1 Init +4 | HP 9|9 | AC 22, T17, FF18 | Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4 | CMD 16 | Perception +6, Sense Motive +7
Resouces:
Spell slots: 1st: 0/2
Buffs:
Shield of Faith

Gwibble grins, Well, that sounds like a job for a group of out of work guards now doesnt it. See, I told you all something would come up, it always does


Male Male Kobold Bloodrager (Rageshaper) 1 Init +3 | HP 12/12 | AC 21, T14, FF18 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +0 | CMD 13| Perception +7

Sounds like a plan

Scarab Sages

Male CG Taldan Forsight Wizard 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 12 T: 12 F: 10 | CMB: -2 CMD: 10 | F: +2 R: +2 W: +2 | Init: +13 | Perc: +3 SM: +2 | Speed 30’ | Prescience: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 2+1/2+1 | Active conditions: None.
Spell Known:
Grease

"This may just be a family thing but while we are there don't eat, drink, or touch anything until we know what it is," says Edon happily while he gets ready to move out. He is glad to possibly doing some good after a very short and not very lucrative career as a smuggler.

Sovereign Court

Male Half-Elf Sound-Striker Bard 1 | HP: 9 | AC: 15 T: 12 F: 14) | CMB: 0 CMD: 12 | F: +1 R: +4 W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perception: +2 | Speed 30’ | Bardic Performance : 7

Corin looks at Talia, then follows the others out of the Inn, muttering to himself as he gets out the door. "Go look she says. No harm in looking she says. Only bad things happen there now she says. People go missing when they go looking she says. I don't want to go missing."


Female Human (Kellid) Ranger 1 | HP 7/12 | AC 17, t 13, ff 14 | F +3, R +5, W +1 | speed 30ft. |
special:
+1 saves v. arcane; favored enemy (animal) +2

Nerak nervously follows the group to the Witch Tower. She puts her weapons on her back, as she figures getting in trouble with the guards after the events of the morning isn't the greatest idea.

Giving something a name like "Witch Tower" without any witches is just cruel. "Hopefully we can investigate the disappearance of the former baron, that seems like a good way to build reputation."

Shadow Lodge

Heading off to the Witch Tower you see a crowd gathering nearby a collapsed ruin with only the first two floors still standing, you can see two kobold corpses in the wreckage. There are two guards present, Sheriffs Deputy Letha Mulle looks over the scene scratching her head while the other, Deputy Varyl Hodd is standing with his hands on his hips, chewing on a stalk of grass.

"You should check if Hunclay knows anything" someone from the crowd shouts out to them.

At this the two deputies turn to each other and start arguing over which of them will knock on the door to the only other building on top of the hill.


Male Male Kobold Bloodrager (Rageshaper) 1 Init +3 | HP 12/12 | AC 21, T14, FF18 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +0 | CMD 13| Perception +7

Vultha raises his hood when they step outside to shield his eyes from the son. As he approaches and recognizes the corpses Kobolds, this is going to be an interesting discussion. In draconic under his breath What were those incompetent fools doing under the tower?

Sovereign Court

Male Half-Elf Sound-Striker Bard 1 | HP: 9 | AC: 15 T: 12 F: 14) | CMB: 0 CMD: 12 | F: +1 R: +4 W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perception: +2 | Speed 30’ | Bardic Performance : 7

Enthralled by the scene of the two guards, but overhearing Vultha, Corin absent mindedly asks. In Draconic "Oh, did you know them?"


Male Male Kobold Bloodrager (Rageshaper) 1 Init +3 | HP 12/12 | AC 21, T14, FF18 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +0 | CMD 13| Perception +7

Personally no. Its not like all kobolds know each other, but any self respecting kobold mining operation would not discovered so openly. Remembers where he is hisses at Corin, In all the time we traveled together, how the hell is this the first time I am finding out you speak Draconic.

The Exchange

Male Grippli Inquisitor 1 Init +4 | HP 9|9 | AC 22, T17, FF18 | Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4 | CMD 16 | Perception +6, Sense Motive +7
Resouces:
Spell slots: 1st: 0/2
Buffs:
Shield of Faith

Gwibble hops over to the guards. Hello again, isn't this lucky, maybe we can help you deal with whatever has happened here. Who is Hunclay and why are you so reluctant to knock on the door?

Shadow Lodge

"Hunclays the Wizard who lives in that manor next to here" Mulle says, "but only a fool would go knocking on a wizards door throwing around accusations, which is why I think Hodd here is the best choice for it."

The Exchange

Male Grippli Inquisitor 1 Init +4 | HP 9|9 | AC 22, T17, FF18 | Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4 | CMD 16 | Perception +6, Sense Motive +7
Resouces:
Spell slots: 1st: 0/2
Buffs:
Shield of Faith

Perhaps we could help you out by talking to him? No need for accusations, perhaps just some friendly questions about whether or not he has seen anything odd happening lately. I am a bit surprised the sound of the collapsing building hasn't brought him out, is that normal? he asks as he hops over to the wizards door and gingerly knocks on it.

Shadow Lodge

As Gwibble approaches the door he sees the body of a 3rd kobold, this one appears to have been scorched to death.

Scarab Sages

Male CG Taldan Forsight Wizard 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 12 T: 12 F: 10 | CMB: -2 CMD: 10 | F: +2 R: +2 W: +2 | Init: +13 | Perc: +3 SM: +2 | Speed 30’ | Prescience: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 2+1/2+1 | Active conditions: None.
Spell Known:
Grease

"Not all wizards who live alone are bad people," says Edon as he follows Gwibble to the door.

Scarab Sages

Male CG Taldan Forsight Wizard 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 12 T: 12 F: 10 | CMB: -2 CMD: 10 | F: +2 R: +2 W: +2 | Init: +13 | Perc: +3 SM: +2 | Speed 30’ | Prescience: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 2+1/2+1 | Active conditions: None.
Spell Known:
Grease

How does it look like the other two died?

Shadow Lodge

The other 2 bodies are under the rubble of the ruined tower, it looks like they were crushed when it fell.

Sovereign Court

Male Half-Elf Sound-Striker Bard 1 | HP: 9 | AC: 15 T: 12 F: 14) | CMB: 0 CMD: 12 | F: +1 R: +4 W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perception: +2 | Speed 30’ | Bardic Performance : 7

Corin turns to face Vultha and replies in Common. "Oh no, I didn't mean to imply that you... I mean, that all Kobolds... And, well, the talking. I got this book back home with pictures. But it was written in Draconic, and I couldn't tell what the story was. Then Mum got a phrase book. But the picture book wasn't a story book at all. And then, well. No-body asked me if I could?" He shrugs, and looks around sheepishly for help.

"We better go help Mr Gwibble and Mr Merr!" He says, near sprinting away to catch up to them at the wizards door.


Female Human (Kellid) Ranger 1 | HP 7/12 | AC 17, t 13, ff 14 | F +3, R +5, W +1 | speed 30ft. |
special:
+1 saves v. arcane; favored enemy (animal) +2

Nerak will join Gwibble in going to the wizard's door. She does not trust that any wizard is friendly (except maybe Edon), so she makes sure to be on the lookout for anything suspicious as they go.

Shadow Lodge

No one answers the door when you knock. Now that someone else has gone first the guards have moved up to join you with the crowd not far behind, eager to see what happens. Mulle reaches for the doors handle, but Hodd grabs her wrist "whatever magic did in that kobold could still be active, best leave the door alone for now."

Just after a well dressed woman approaches with a younger man in tow and she appears to be taking charge of the situation. She gets a quick report off the locals before looking around. Her eyes briefly pass over the obviously overmatched deputies but then scan the rest of the crowd, falling on you all.

"I am Lady Origena Davy, Baroness of Belhaim, who are you?"

Sovereign Court

Male Half-Elf Sound-Striker Bard 1 | HP: 9 | AC: 15 T: 12 F: 14) | CMB: 0 CMD: 12 | F: +1 R: +4 W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perception: +2 | Speed 30’ | Bardic Performance : 7

a quick Knowledge (Nobility): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16 on Lady Origena Davy, Baroness of Belhaim before Corin responds


Male Male Kobold Bloodrager (Rageshaper) 1 Init +3 | HP 12/12 | AC 21, T14, FF18 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +0 | CMD 13| Perception +7

Bowing in an overly gracious manner, Vultha introduces the party and himself, My lady, we are the now unemployed former guards of Silas's timber caravan. We were in you lovely little tavern trying to figure out what to do with our now wide open schedules, when th commotion drew our attention. The innkeeper, Talia, can support our story. If you need any assistance beyond what your town guards are capable of, we would be happy to help, as long as we are properly compensated of course. I myself am Vultha a kobold warrior hailing from the World's Edge Mountains to the east.
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18


Female Human (Kellid) Ranger 1 | HP 7/12 | AC 17, t 13, ff 14 | F +3, R +5, W +1 | speed 30ft. |
special:
+1 saves v. arcane; favored enemy (animal) +2

Giving a stiff, unpracticed bow Nerak says in her best impression of a simpering southerner: "I am Nerak Allriver, an adventurer who has found herself rather recently out of work. These fellows are my companions."

Diplomacy: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 = 10 better than expected, I'll take it

The Exchange

Male Grippli Inquisitor 1 Init +4 | HP 9|9 | AC 22, T17, FF18 | Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4 | CMD 16 | Perception +6, Sense Motive +7
Resouces:
Spell slots: 1st: 0/2
Buffs:
Shield of Faith

Gwibble smiles and hops over to the woman. A pleasure to make your acquaintance ma'm. You are the leader of this community? it does you credit. As my companions say we are looking for employment, perhaps we can help deal with your collapsed tower situation?


Corin knows that the Devy family descends from Sir Arkold Devy who was rewarded by the Grand Prince for his assistance in putting down the Cantleclure rebellion around 100 years ago. Lady Origena is the current head of the house and is a competent ruler and follower of Abadar. Her son, Arnholde Devy is the heir to the barony.

“Today’s your lucky day. Mulle and Hodd here can’t handle this without the Sheriff to hold their hands, and I want to know what happened here. You seem to be a capable bunch. If you go in there and look through the rubble — find out what happened and why there are kobolds in my town — I’ll pay the lot of you 500 gold pieces. While you’re looking around in the ruins, keep an eye out for any signs of our local eccentric, Hunclay. It seems somewhat suspicious to me that he’s not answering his door. Let me know what you find.”

Sense Motive Rolls:
Edon: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Corin: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (8) + 0 = 8
Gwibble: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Nerak: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Vultha: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (3) + 0 = 3

Nerak:
There is a strain in the baronesses tone as she's talking to you.


Male Male Kobold Bloodrager (Rageshaper) 1 Init +3 | HP 12/12 | AC 21, T14, FF18 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +0 | CMD 13| Perception +7

Thank you, my lady, for your generous support. We will look into the matter.

The Exchange

Male Grippli Inquisitor 1 Init +4 | HP 9|9 | AC 22, T17, FF18 | Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4 | CMD 16 | Perception +6, Sense Motive +7
Resouces:
Spell slots: 1st: 0/2
Buffs:
Shield of Faith

Sounds great, no time like the present to get started

Gwibble hops on over towards the ruins and has a quick look around, casting detect magic as he does so.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Sovereign Court

Male Half-Elf Sound-Striker Bard 1 | HP: 9 | AC: 15 T: 12 F: 14) | CMB: 0 CMD: 12 | F: +1 R: +4 W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perception: +2 | Speed 30’ | Bardic Performance : 7

Corin watches as Gwibble hops away. Intently looking at his hands and listening to the sounds he was making. He had seen him cast this spell before and knew what it was. He turns back to the door and repeats Gwibbles actions. Feeling the arcane energy flow through his hands and up to his eyes. This was exciting.

Corin casts detect magic on the wizards door and gives it a good look for traps

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Shadow Lodge

There's no magic on the door and Corin isn't able to find any traps, the townsfolk warn him to leave the manor be for now though and concentrate on the tower.

Only the first two floors of the tower still stand and the main door to the tower has been blocked by rubble within and so is inaccessible.

New map slide

An enormous heap of cracked stone and splintered wood from the tower lies in a low mound here, tumbled partially down the hill to the southeast. The mound of rubble forms a natural ramp that leads up to the now-exposed second floor of the tower above.

Knowledge Engineering if anyone wants to scan the ruins, I'll need a climb check if anyone moves up the rubble/climbs the building.

The Exchange

Male Grippli Inquisitor 1 Init +4 | HP 9|9 | AC 22, T17, FF18 | Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4 | CMD 16 | Perception +6, Sense Motive +7
Resouces:
Spell slots: 1st: 0/2
Buffs:
Shield of Faith

Gwibble has a climb speed

Gwibble scrambles up the outside of the tower to see if he can get a look in at the second floor.

He can take 10 for 15 climb


Male Male Kobold Bloodrager (Rageshaper) 1 Init +3 | HP 12/12 | AC 21, T14, FF18 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +0 | CMD 13| Perception +7

Vultha attempts to scale the rubble.
Climb: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (8) + 0 = 8

Sovereign Court

Male Half-Elf Sound-Striker Bard 1 | HP: 9 | AC: 15 T: 12 F: 14) | CMB: 0 CMD: 12 | F: +1 R: +4 W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perception: +2 | Speed 30’ | Bardic Performance : 7

Finding nothing on the door that would explain the scorched Kobold, Corin tries to follow Gwibble and Vultha up the rubble to have a look.

Knowledge (Engineering): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Climb: 1d20 ⇒ 15

Shadow Lodge

Corin looks over the rubble and can determine two things. Firstly - the bulk of the tower seems to have crumbled into a sinkhole (although you can't tell from here how much of the basement survived. Secondly - the rubble is unstable and could shift if not traversed carefully.

Gwibble, Vultha and Corin all make it safely to the top of the tower.

Open to the sky above, this exposed upper floor contains only some smashed furniture and a sprinkling of rubble. A trap door is set in the floor against the northwest wall, but a stout timber has fallen across it.

The Exchange

Male Grippli Inquisitor 1 Init +4 | HP 9|9 | AC 22, T17, FF18 | Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4 | CMD 16 | Perception +6, Sense Motive +7
Resouces:
Spell slots: 1st: 0/2
Buffs:
Shield of Faith

Gwibble peers back over the edge. There's a trap door up here but it looks like it might need some shifting.


Male Male Kobold Bloodrager (Rageshaper) 1 Init +3 | HP 12/12 | AC 21, T14, FF18 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +0 | CMD 13| Perception +7

Vultha looks around at those assembled at the tower, and shouts down to Nerak Hey Nerak, we are going to need some assistance moving this fallen timber. Get up here!

Scarab Sages

Male CG Taldan Forsight Wizard 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 12 T: 12 F: 10 | CMB: -2 CMD: 10 | F: +2 R: +2 W: +2 | Init: +13 | Perc: +3 SM: +2 | Speed 30’ | Prescience: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 2+1/2+1 | Active conditions: None.
Spell Known:
Grease

Climb: 8 = 8

"Could someone send down a rope? Climbing isn't my forte," asks Edon as he looks at the collapsed structure.


Male Male Kobold Bloodrager (Rageshaper) 1 Init +3 | HP 12/12 | AC 21, T14, FF18 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +0 | CMD 13| Perception +7

Vultha knots up a rope and tosses an end down the slope to assist.

Sovereign Court

Male Half-Elf Sound-Striker Bard 1 | HP: 9 | AC: 15 T: 12 F: 14) | CMB: 0 CMD: 12 | F: +1 R: +4 W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perception: +2 | Speed 30’ | Bardic Performance : 7

Corin ties the other end of Vultha's rope to the stout timber across the trap door. He gives Edon the thumbs up sign over the edge.


Female Human (Kellid) Ranger 1 | HP 7/12 | AC 17, t 13, ff 14 | F +3, R +5, W +1 | speed 30ft. |
special:
+1 saves v. arcane; favored enemy (animal) +2

Nerak hurries to join her companions, taking a crack at climbing up by herself.

Climb: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19 given the other rolls, that should do it

Hurrying over to help with moving the timber, Nerak thinks on the strain in the baroness's voice. "I think that the Lady Origena wants us to look out for anything that could point to the fate of her late husband. I'll do my best to keep an eye out."

Strength: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22 my contribution for the trap door

51 to 100 of 314 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dragons Demand - LJM table 2 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.