Dragons Demand - LJM table 2

Game Master Liam Mooney

MAP

Current Map

QUESTS

The Collapsed Tower:
The Baroness of Belhaim wants you to investigate the ruins of the collapsed tower and find out why there are dead kobolds mixed in with the towers rubble

Finding Hunclay:
Find out whether Balthus Hunclay had anything to do with the Witch Tower’s collapse.

Making Friends or Enemies*:
Make at least one of the families of Belhaim either helpful or hostile towards the party.
Hero or Villain*:
Make everyone in one of Belhaim’s factions either friendly (or better) or unfriendly (or worse) towards the party.
Best Friend or Worst Nightmare*:
Make everyone in Belhaim either friendly (or better) or unfriendly (or worse) towards the party.
Belhaim Historian*:
Learn a great deal about Belhaim’s history.

* - optional


201 to 250 of 262 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
The Exchange

Male Grippli Inquisitor 1 Init +4 | HP 9|9 | AC 22, T17, FF18 | Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4 | CMD 16 | Perception +6, Sense Motive +7
Resouces:
Spell slots: 1st: 0/2
Buffs:
Shield of Faith

Gwibble takes a tentative pot shot at the creature.

Bow, PBS, melee, cover: 1d20 + 5 + 1 - 4 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 5 + 1 - 4 - 4 = 7
Damage, PBS: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Shadow Lodge

Nerak's axe hits right through the centre of the lightning elemental, destroying it.

Free to look more closely at the machine it looks like pulling the lever will cause the gears inside to spin, winding up the chain that runs out of the room.

The Exchange

Male Grippli Inquisitor 1 Init +4 | HP 9|9 | AC 22, T17, FF18 | Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4 | CMD 16 | Perception +6, Sense Motive +7
Resouces:
Spell slots: 1st: 0/2
Buffs:
Shield of Faith

Well, theres no point not pulling a lever, no-one ever worked out what was going in by sitting looking at things.

Gwibble pulls on the lever.


This may be what that blue line in the ceiling was about. It may have been a good idea to see what was at the other end of the blue line before you pulled it, but... Vultha says to Gwibble.
Vultha makes no move to stop the grippli.

Scarab Sages

Male CG Taldan Forsight Wizard 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 12 T: 12 F: 10) | CMB: -2 CMD: 10 | F: +2 R: +2 W: +2 | Init: +13 | Perc: +3 SM: +2 | Speed 30’ | Prescience: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 2+1/2+1 | Active conditions: None.
Spell Known:
Grease

I suppose that will likely tell us what the lever does but it isn't the approach I would have taken thinks Edon.

Sovereign Court

Male Half-Elf Sound-Striker Bard 1 | HP: 9 | AC: 15 T: 12 F: 14) | CMB: 0 CMD: 12 | F: +1 R: +4 W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perception: +2 | Speed 30’ | Bardic Performance : 7

Corin stands in shock at the dead elemental. 'Why did they attack us? We weren't hurting them. It's not like the centipedes, they where just animals. But the Elemental was sapient. this isn't like the story books at all...

Shadow Lodge

As Gwibble pulls the lever the cogs and gears start spinning and the chain is wound through the machine. A loud scraping sound echoes through the corridors from something scraping against stone to the west. After about 30 seconds the machine stops and the lever locks back into position where it started.


Male Male Kobold Bloodrager (Rageshaper) 1 Init +3 | HP 12/12 | AC 21, T14, FF18 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +0 | CMD 13| Perception +7

Well let's go check out the other end. vultha walks out of the room, finds the blue line, and starts following it to the west.

Shadow Lodge

The chain seems to pass inside the ridge that Gwibble found that runs along the ceiling of the upper corridor(Blue Line), it dissapears into the wall however and you're unable to see where it goes after that.

Have moved everyone after Vultha on map for now.


Male Male Kobold Bloodrager (Rageshaper) 1 Init +3 | HP 12/12 | AC 21, T14, FF18 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +0 | CMD 13| Perception +7

Vultha approaches the nearest door heading that direction (the one north and a little east of his current location).
Perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (17) + 0 = 17

Scarab Sages

Male CG Taldan Forsight Wizard 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 12 T: 12 F: 10) | CMB: -2 CMD: 10 | F: +2 R: +2 W: +2 | Init: +13 | Perc: +3 SM: +2 | Speed 30’ | Prescience: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 2+1/2+1 | Active conditions: None.
Spell Known:
Grease

"Can anyone tell what is going on? I am flummoxed to be honest," asks Edon looking slightly perplexed has he tried to work out what everything is doing down here. Not wanting to be left behind he follows along with the group.

The Exchange

Male Grippli Inquisitor 1 Init +4 | HP 9|9 | AC 22, T17, FF18 | Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4 | CMD 16 | Perception +6, Sense Motive +7
Resouces:
Spell slots: 1st: 0/2
Buffs:
Shield of Faith

Gwibble heads along with Vultha, I am not sure, hopefully we will learn more as we explore he says to Edon.

Sovereign Court

Male Half-Elf Sound-Striker Bard 1 | HP: 9 | AC: 15 T: 12 F: 14) | CMB: 0 CMD: 12 | F: +1 R: +4 W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perception: +2 | Speed 30’ | Bardic Performance : 7

Corin Follows the others.

Shadow Lodge

Vultha checks over the doors. There doesn't seem to be any traps on it or sounds coming from the other side but they do look to have suffered badly over time and gotten stuck with rusty hinges and warped wood. (Strength check to open it)

Quick summary of the dungeon so far:

- You're in the Witches Tower which has just collapsed, the wizard Hunclay is the prime suspect in the towers collapse but is nowhere to be seen. There were 2 dead Kobolds in the rubble and 1 outside Hunclay's house. Lady Origena Devy, Baroness of Belhaim, has hired you to discover what happened and why there are Kobolds in her town.

- Below the tower you've discovered a pair of mithril daggers with unusual notches along the edges and a rusty key.

- The main prison cells were all empty but you managed to find hidden ones where the occupants all died, one of their spirits still lingers but disappeared when given water.

- Behind an empty chamber in the hidden part you found and activated a machine which is connected by a chain to something but you don't know what yet. There was nothing else of interest in the area but Nerak would like to return and give the bodies a proper burial once finished here.

- With no answers to whats happened so far you're now outside the only set of doors you haven't cleared yet (the other double doors in the corridor lead to a collapsed area that would take weeks to clear).


Female Human (Kellid) Ranger 1 | HP 7/12 | AC 17, t 13, ff 14 | F +3, R +5, W +1 | speed 30ft. |
special:
+1 saves v. arcane; favored enemy (animal) +2

Nerak will go up to the door and give it a stiff kick, hoping to loosen it from its hinges.

Strength: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Her kick doesn't even land, and she curses while holding her booted foot.

Would I be able to take 20 if we took our time?

The Exchange

Male Grippli Inquisitor 1 Init +4 | HP 9|9 | AC 22, T17, FF18 | Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4 | CMD 16 | Perception +6, Sense Motive +7
Resouces:
Spell slots: 1st: 0/2
Buffs:
Shield of Faith

Gwibble steps back to give stronger characters a chance to tak on the door.

Sovereign Court

Male Half-Elf Sound-Striker Bard 1 | HP: 9 | AC: 15 T: 12 F: 14) | CMB: 0 CMD: 12 | F: +1 R: +4 W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perception: +2 | Speed 30’ | Bardic Performance : 7

Corin also gives it a sullen angry kick.'Stupid door!'

Stength: 1d20 ⇒ 9

He hobbles away and slumps down next to a wall.

Scarab Sages

Male CG Taldan Forsight Wizard 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 12 T: 12 F: 10) | CMB: -2 CMD: 10 | F: +2 R: +2 W: +2 | Init: +13 | Perc: +3 SM: +2 | Speed 30’ | Prescience: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 2+1/2+1 | Active conditions: None.
Spell Known:
Grease

Edon steps back to give the team some time and space.

Shadow Lodge

Yes, happy for taking 20 on the door.

Nerak spends some time bashing away at the door but finally manages to break it open.

There can be little doubt what purpose this chamber once served. The dank room stores an ancient rack, a fanciful brazen bull, an iron maiden, a cauldron, iron chairs with sharp edges and cruel protuberances, and a wooden table upon which sit various implements of torture. A bronze plaque affixed to the western wall depicts a crowing rooster above crossed spears. Underneath the spears, a short phrase is inscribed.

Nerak Only:
As you enter the room a voice speaks to you. "You look weary. Rest in one of the chairs provided here.”
Can you make a DC15 will save please, if failed move up and sit down in one of the chairs.

Shadow Lodge

Sorry for no posts last few days, had a few things come up at the end of the week and then been away.


Female Human (Kellid) Ranger 1 | HP 7/12 | AC 17, t 13, ff 14 | F +3, R +5, W +1 | speed 30ft. |
special:
+1 saves v. arcane; favored enemy (animal) +2

Rolls:

Will Save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

After bashing away at the door, Nerak's eyes seem transfixed upon a chair in the room and she moves determinedly towards it. She sits down and after a moment looks very confused.

Shadow Lodge

As Nerak sits down on the chair she cuts herself.

Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1

Once she's sat down a raven suddenly appears in the room, it speaks to you all in a shrill voice.

“Greetings, fine citizens of our glorious empire! So good to have visitors, though I fear I have no refreshments to offer. I assume you are here for the treasure. Well, I’d be happy to assist, provided that you give me what I require! It has been so long since I was able to ply my trade. I require only that each of you shed your life’s blood in this room — simply take a seat in one of my lovely chairs.”

Sovereign Court

Male Half-Elf Sound-Striker Bard 1 | HP: 9 | AC: 15 T: 12 F: 14) | CMB: 0 CMD: 12 | F: +1 R: +4 W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perception: +2 | Speed 30’ | Bardic Performance : 7

Upon hearing the voice, Corin stands up and leans around the door. Uh, Miss Nerak are you okay? Are you hurt? Is that a torture chair? Why are you sitting in a torture chair? Is that a raven? Where did that weird voice come from? Where did the raven come from?

Scarab Sages

Male CG Taldan Forsight Wizard 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 12 T: 12 F: 10) | CMB: -2 CMD: 10 | F: +2 R: +2 W: +2 | Init: +13 | Perc: +3 SM: +2 | Speed 30’ | Prescience: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 2+1/2+1 | Active conditions: None.
Spell Known:
Grease

Edon thinks to himself. Sitting in that chair is something that Victor would have done and everything worked out for him. But on the other hand doing the opposite to Victor in most situations is the smarter plan.
"Why do you need our blood?" asks Edon turning to the bird.


Male Male Kobold Bloodrager (Rageshaper) 1 Init +3 | HP 12/12 | AC 21, T14, FF18 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +0 | CMD 13| Perception +7

Used to such blood rituals, Vultha performs the Raven's task.

The Exchange

Male Grippli Inquisitor 1 Init +4 | HP 9|9 | AC 22, T17, FF18 | Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4 | CMD 16 | Perception +6, Sense Motive +7
Resouces:
Spell slots: 1st: 0/2
Buffs:
Shield of Faith

Gwibble looks at the raven suspiciously. Who are you and why should we trust you?

Shadow Lodge

"Don't worry, I won't do anything with your blood" the Raven says, pausing to cackle as Vultha sits down. "It's just been lonely down here the last few hundred years with no one to play with."

Damage to Vultha: 1d4 ⇒ 2

"I am Harzogopas, I used to serve the mistress here until she died when the Canteclures where overthrown, she's been little fun since then," he indicates a skeleton sitting in the iron chair north of the door. "For just a little bit of fun, and a bit of blood, I'll tell you where the treasure is."

Scarab Sages

Male CG Taldan Forsight Wizard 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 12 T: 12 F: 10) | CMB: -2 CMD: 10 | F: +2 R: +2 W: +2 | Init: +13 | Perc: +3 SM: +2 | Speed 30’ | Prescience: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 2+1/2+1 | Active conditions: None.
Spell Known:
Grease

”If you’re not going to do anything with the blood then I can’t see any reason why I’d give it you. At the very least it is a waste of blood and I grew this stuff myself,” says Edon with a small smile that is an attempt to hide the fact he is apprehensive about giving away his blood to anyone. Continuing to speak Edon adds, ”How are you speaking through the raven or are you a raven?”

Sovereign Court

Male Half-Elf Sound-Striker Bard 1 | HP: 9 | AC: 15 T: 12 F: 14) | CMB: 0 CMD: 12 | F: +1 R: +4 W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perception: +2 | Speed 30’ | Bardic Performance : 7

Corin gives the bird a quizzical look.

Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 10

'Okay then, if we're sure it's safe.'He says looking at Nerak and Vultha, and waits to sit down on the chair.

Shadow Lodge

"It will grow back I'm sure and I don't need very much at all." the raven says. "I am the raven you see here, I've been stuck here since my mistress died, I was her familiar you see, but the prisoners killed her in her own chair when the Taldan army came. They stuffed the poor jailer into his iron maiden too. The irony of it all was amusing at first but soon wore off over the years."

As Corin waits he's able to read the inscription on the plaque with the rooster and spears.

“Confession Cleanses the Soul — Pain Clarifies the Mind.”


Female Human (Kellid) Ranger 1 | HP 7/12 | AC 17, t 13, ff 14 | F +3, R +5, W +1 | speed 30ft. |
special:
+1 saves v. arcane; favored enemy (animal) +2

Taking bewildered look around in the chair, Nerak cannot help but loose a string of curses in Hallit.

After hearing the raven talk about the jailer, Nerak will stand up to go and investigate the iron maiden in the room. "I tire of this place and its cryptic spirits..."

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Shadow Lodge

The jailers the skeleton you found in the room with the centipedes in earlier.

Nerak searches the room but can't fond anything of use.

The Exchange

Male Grippli Inquisitor 1 Init +4 | HP 9|9 | AC 22, T17, FF18 | Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4 | CMD 16 | Perception +6, Sense Motive +7
Resouces:
Spell slots: 1st: 0/2
Buffs:
Shield of Faith

Gwibble looks suspicious, If your mistress died how have you retained the intelligence of a familiar?

Sovereign Court

Male Half-Elf Sound-Striker Bard 1 | HP: 9 | AC: 15 T: 12 F: 14) | CMB: 0 CMD: 12 | F: +1 R: +4 W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perception: +2 | Speed 30’ | Bardic Performance : 7

As Nerak stands up, Corin sits down in the chair.

Shadow Lodge

Corin Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2

The raven watches Corin sit down with glee. "At least some of you are able to play without so many questions. I was this intelligent before my mistress bound me. Now she's dead I'm free to tell you all about the treasure, once we finish our little game."

Sovereign Court

Male Half-Elf Sound-Striker Bard 1 | HP: 9 | AC: 15 T: 12 F: 14) | CMB: 0 CMD: 12 | F: +1 R: +4 W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perception: +2 | Speed 30’ | Bardic Performance : 7

Corin winces in pain. He focuses and casts Detect Magic, all the while looking around the room from where he is sitting for anything unusual. At least more unusual than a talking raven.

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Not seeing anything in particular stand out, he stands and shuffles over in front of the plaque.

The Exchange

Male Grippli Inquisitor 1 Init +4 | HP 9|9 | AC 22, T17, FF18 | Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4 | CMD 16 | Perception +6, Sense Motive +7
Resouces:
Spell slots: 1st: 0/2
Buffs:
Shield of Faith

Gwibble crosses his arms and scowls at the Raven, We are not here to play games but to find out what the hell is going on.

With that he begins to hop around the room, looking for anything out of place.

Perception, guidance: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 6 + 1 = 19

Shadow Lodge

As Corin looks around the room he sees that the raven has a magical aura around it. Knowledge (Arcana) for more info)

He also recognises that the plaque on the wall is of the Canteclure family crest and motto, it looks heavy (50 pounds) but could be worth a good amount of gold to a collector.

Gwibble looks around the room but can't find anything other than old torture implements, the raven watches him struggle with glee.

Scarab Sages

Male CG Taldan Forsight Wizard 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 12 T: 12 F: 10) | CMB: -2 CMD: 10 | F: +2 R: +2 W: +2 | Init: +13 | Perc: +3 SM: +2 | Speed 30’ | Prescience: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 2+1/2+1 | Active conditions: None.
Spell Known:
Grease

Edon talks to Corin about the raven rather than giving up his blood...

All Knowledge:

Knowledge Arcana: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Knowledge Dungeoneering: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Knowledge Nature: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Knowledge Planes: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

Sovereign Court

Male Half-Elf Sound-Striker Bard 1 | HP: 9 | AC: 15 T: 12 F: 14) | CMB: 0 CMD: 12 | F: +1 R: +4 W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perception: +2 | Speed 30’ | Bardic Performance : 7

Did I do wrong Mr. Edon? In the stories I've read, the adventurers always just do crazy things and win in the end. It's not like that in real life is it?

Corin leans into Edon and whispers.'There's something odd about the raven, have a look. You're a wizard, you know all about magic and stuff.

Knowledge Arcana: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

Shadow Lodge

Corin recognises the aura around the raven as a moderately powered transmutation effect.

Shadow Lodge

"Still two of you to go" the raven says "otherwise your three friends will have shed their blood for nothing but my amusement, and I'll have to keep the secrets of where the treasure is to myself."

Scarab Sages

Male CG Taldan Forsight Wizard 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 12 T: 12 F: 10) | CMB: -2 CMD: 10 | F: +2 R: +2 W: +2 | Init: +13 | Perc: +3 SM: +2 | Speed 30’ | Prescience: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 2+1/2+1 | Active conditions: None.
Spell Known:
Grease

Can Corin concentrate a little longer and work out the spell?

The Exchange

Male Grippli Inquisitor 1 Init +4 | HP 9|9 | AC 22, T17, FF18 | Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4 | CMD 16 | Perception +6, Sense Motive +7
Resouces:
Spell slots: 1st: 0/2
Buffs:
Shield of Faith

Gwibble crosses his arms, I dont spill my blood for the likes of you mutters Gwibble.

Sovereign Court

Male Half-Elf Sound-Striker Bard 1 | HP: 9 | AC: 15 T: 12 F: 14) | CMB: 0 CMD: 12 | F: +1 R: +4 W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perception: +2 | Speed 30’ | Bardic Performance : 7

Corin will concentrate on the aura long enough to work out what it is.

Shadow Lodge

After 3 rounds Corin knows the strength (moderate) and location of each auras in sight (just the 1 on the raven), plus with his Arcana check he knows the school of magic (transmutation)

"If you won't spill your own blood I suppose I'll need to shed some myself" the raven says before it's form shifts. Its tail grows scorpion like and its wings turn red and fiendish. A horned face smiles at you before moving to attack.

Initiative Rolls:
Edon: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33
Corin: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Gwibble: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Nerak: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Vultha: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Harzogopas: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Initiative Order:
33 Edon
18 Nerak (-1hp)
17 Gwibble

12 Harzogopas
7 Vultha (-2hp)
5 Corin (-2hp)

It's assuming Gwibble (and possibly Edon) won't be sitting on the chair.

Edon, Nerak and Gwibble are able to act now, the creature is tiny in size and currently resting on the rooster plaque (so 5ft off the ground but in reach), I've added a bigger picture below the raven on the edge of the map - knowledge planes to identify it.

Scarab Sages

Male CG Taldan Forsight Wizard 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 12 T: 12 F: 10) | CMB: -2 CMD: 10 | F: +2 R: +2 W: +2 | Init: +13 | Perc: +3 SM: +2 | Speed 30’ | Prescience: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 2+1/2+1 | Active conditions: None.
Spell Known:
Grease

Knowledge Planes: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

"I'm glad I didn't give that thing my blood," shouts Edon as he draws his crossbow and moves to get a good shot. He thinks about how an adventuring wizards could go a day without a trusty crossbow.

The Exchange

Male Grippli Inquisitor 1 Init +4 | HP 9|9 | AC 22, T17, FF18 | Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4 | CMD 16 | Perception +6, Sense Motive +7
Resouces:
Spell slots: 1st: 0/2
Buffs:
Shield of Faith

Gwibble hops forward and looses an arrow at the creature.

Bow, PBS: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 1 = 7
Damage, PBS: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
The arrow is cold iron in case it matters

Shadow Lodge

Edon recognises the creature as an imp, a type of devil favoured by some spell casters as familiars. A very small number of imps possess the ability to transform into small animals (as beast shape II).

can choose 1:

DR:
Good or Silver

Resistances:
acid and cold

Immune:
Fire and poison

Attacks:
Sting inflicts Imp venom dealing dexterity damage.

Gwibble attacks with his bow but misses the imp.

Corin is able to act now.

Sovereign Court

Male Half-Elf Sound-Striker Bard 1 | HP: 9 | AC: 15 T: 12 F: 14) | CMB: 0 CMD: 12 | F: +1 R: +4 W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perception: +2 | Speed 30’ | Bardic Performance : 7

Corin looks on confused by what is happening. This quickly turns to anger as he realises what is happening. His voice becomes cold but melodic as he begins to speak Elvish at the Imp.

Biting Words: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 211d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 against touch.

bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage and can be reduced by damage reduction.

Elvish:
You lying, cheating, foul demon monkey.

He pulls his bow from his shoulder.

201 to 250 of 262 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dragons Demand - LJM table 2 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.