Dragons Demand - LJM table 2

Game Master Liam Mooney

MAP

Current Map

QUESTS

The Collapsed Tower:
The Baroness of Belhaim wants you to investigate the ruins of the collapsed tower and find out why there are dead kobolds mixed in with the towers rubble

Finding Hunclay:
Find out whether Balthus Hunclay had anything to do with the Witch Tower’s collapse.

Making Friends or Enemies*:
Make at least one of the families of Belhaim either helpful or hostile towards the party.
Hero or Villain*:
Make everyone in one of Belhaim’s factions either friendly (or better) or unfriendly (or worse) towards the party.
Best Friend or Worst Nightmare*:
Make everyone in Belhaim either friendly (or better) or unfriendly (or worse) towards the party.
Belhaim Historian*:
Learn a great deal about Belhaim’s history.

* - optional


301 to 350 of 361 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Shadow Lodge

Yes, tiny so will provoke when it enters someones square - Nerak dropped her axe to try grappling though which is why there was no aoo this round.


Female Human (Kellid) Ranger 1 | HP 7/12 | AC 17, t 13, ff 14 | F +3, R +5, W +1 | speed 30ft. |
special:
+1 saves v. arcane; favored enemy (animal) +2

Nerak picks her axe back up and takes a step back, preparing herself to strike if the imp moves.

move:pick up axe. move:guarded 5-ft step back

The Exchange

Male Grippli Inquisitor 1 Init +4 | HP 9|9 | AC 22, T17, FF18 | Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4 | CMD 16 | Perception +6, Sense Motive +7
Resouces:
Spell slots: 1st: 0/2
Buffs:
Shield of Faith

A 5' step is free, you could 5' back, pick up your axe and attack as well and then get an OA if it moves. You may be confusing the rules with Starfinder.


Female Human (Kellid) Ranger 1 | HP 7/12 | AC 17, t 13, ff 14 | F +3, R +5, W +1 | speed 30ft. |
special:
+1 saves v. arcane; favored enemy (animal) +2

Ah, I am in fact. I'm playing 1e, 2e and starfinder right now. Thanks!

Nerak will take a swing with her axe, hoping to put down the slippery devil.

Attack+IC-PA: 1d20 + 3 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (18) + 3 + 1 - 1 = 21
Damage+IC+PA: 1d12 + 3 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 1 + 3 = 9

Shadow Lodge

Nerak's axe cuts into the imp who shrieks in pain.

"Please, please let me live and I'll tell you everything I know"

All but Nerak/Gwibble able to act in initiative if you want to stay in combat (he's surrendering). Need fort save off Corin (rnd 5) either way.

Sovereign Court

Male Half-Elf Sound-Striker Bard 1 | HP: 9 | AC: 15 T: 12 F: 14) | CMB: 0 CMD: 12 | F: +1 R: +4 W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perception: +2 | Speed 30’ | Bardic Performance : 7

Fort Save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

The music dies from Corin's lips as he just stands in shock.

Scarab Sages

Male CG Taldan Forsight Wizard 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 12 T: 12 F: 10 | CMB: -2 CMD: 10 | F: +2 R: +2 W: +2 | Init: +13 | Perc: +3 SM: +2 | Speed 30’ | Prescience: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 2+1/2+1 | Active conditions: None.
Spell Known:
Grease

"Who are you and what are you doing down here?" asks Edon keeping his distance.

Shadow Lodge

"I am Harzogopas, I served the Overseer here as her familiar. When the Canteclure's were overthrown she was killed, trapping me here as I had been bound to remain here in service. I've been here two centuries now with nothing to do."

Corin finally manages to resist the poisons effects, although he still feels weak from the damage already done.

Scarab Sages

Male CG Taldan Forsight Wizard 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 12 T: 12 F: 10 | CMB: -2 CMD: 10 | F: +2 R: +2 W: +2 | Init: +13 | Perc: +3 SM: +2 | Speed 30’ | Prescience: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 2+1/2+1 | Active conditions: None.
Spell Known:
Grease

"What or who else is down here? Are there ghosts? Who was the Overseer?" asks Edon waiting for a response patiently between questions. Edon appears to be enjoying himself now that the fighting is over, he seems much better at talking than he is fighting.

The Exchange

Male Grippli Inquisitor 1 Init +4 | HP 9|9 | AC 22, T17, FF18 | Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4 | CMD 16 | Perception +6, Sense Motive +7
Resouces:
Spell slots: 1st: 0/2
Buffs:
Shield of Faith

Gwibble watches with a scowl on his face.

This monsters wounds heal while we chat, better to kill it surely, it has demonstrated its duplicity.

Sovereign Court

Male Half-Elf Sound-Striker Bard 1 | HP: 9 | AC: 15 T: 12 F: 14) | CMB: 0 CMD: 12 | F: +1 R: +4 W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perception: +2 | Speed 30’ | Bardic Performance : 7

Corin goes to pick up his other dagger, his hands shaking.
I don't feel so good. I don't think I could fight again. I feel empty, like I have almost nothing in me.
He leans against the wall for support. As he fumbles to pick it up, he looks once more at the strange markings on the mithril daggers. He holds it up and shows it unsteadily to the Imp.

DEMON! What are these? What are they for?

Shadow Lodge

"The overseer was my mistress, she was in charge of making sure all of the prisoners that the Baron sent here condessed to their crimes. I know that theirs a large acid pit along the corridor from here. There's a machine somewhere behind one of the cells that raises it - given the loud scraping sounds before I'm guessing you've found that already though. I haven't seen anyone else down here, ghosts wouldn't be much company anyway for someone of my profession."

The imp looks very uncomfortable when the daggers are held up to him. "I've seen them once before with the Baron's treasurer, he normally kept them locked away in his room except for when he was heading to the treasury."

Scarab Sages

Male CG Taldan Forsight Wizard 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 12 T: 12 F: 10 | CMB: -2 CMD: 10 | F: +2 R: +2 W: +2 | Init: +13 | Perc: +3 SM: +2 | Speed 30’ | Prescience: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 2+1/2+1 | Active conditions: None.
Spell Known:
Grease

"We could take a look at those daggers if you need help," says Edon seeing the daggers for the first time.
With message Edon asks if anyone wants to keep the imp around.

The Exchange

Male Grippli Inquisitor 1 Init +4 | HP 9|9 | AC 22, T17, FF18 | Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4 | CMD 16 | Perception +6, Sense Motive +7
Resouces:
Spell slots: 1st: 0/2
Buffs:
Shield of Faith

Gwibble shakes his head slightly.

You mentioned something about showing us treasure says Gwibble staring the the imp.

Shadow Lodge

The imp flies over to the North-East of the room.

"There's a secret door here into a corridor that leads to the Canteclure treasury." He flicks a hidden switch which opens the door. "I also know that the words 'Good Baron Sarvo wills it' was used as a pass phrase further on as well."


Male Male Kobold Bloodrager (Rageshaper) 1 Init +3 | HP 12/12 | AC 21, T14, FF18 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +0 | CMD 13| Perception +7

If the imp apologizes, especially to Corin, for attacking us and gives his word he will not attack us ever again, Vultha will be fine keeping him around. INVISIBLE SCOUT

Scarab Sages

Male CG Taldan Forsight Wizard 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 12 T: 12 F: 10 | CMB: -2 CMD: 10 | F: +2 R: +2 W: +2 | Init: +13 | Perc: +3 SM: +2 | Speed 30’ | Prescience: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 2+1/2+1 | Active conditions: None.
Spell Known:
Grease

"Where should we use the passphrase and what does it allow us to avoid?" asks Edon looking through the secret door.

Shadow Lodge

"I don't know what it's used for, I just overheard people talking about it, they said to say 'Good Baron Sarvo wills it' when asked for the passphrase."

The Exchange

Male Grippli Inquisitor 1 Init +4 | HP 9|9 | AC 22, T17, FF18 | Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4 | CMD 16 | Perception +6, Sense Motive +7
Resouces:
Spell slots: 1st: 0/2
Buffs:
Shield of Faith

Well, we shouldnt take this imp, let it stay here but lets find this Canteclure treasure

Gwibble moves to open the secret door.

Sovereign Court

Male Half-Elf Sound-Striker Bard 1 | HP: 9 | AC: 15 T: 12 F: 14) | CMB: 0 CMD: 12 | F: +1 R: +4 W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perception: +2 | Speed 30’ | Bardic Performance : 7

Corin gives the daggers to Edon, before tucking his shaking hands beneath his cloak.

'Can you figure out what they're for? Something to do with the treasure I'll bet.'

He takes a deep breath before standing up as straight as he can. The slight tremble in his body is still evident.

'We're all okay. A little hurt maybe, but we should go on. Find this treasure, like real adventures.

Shadow Lodge

The secret door opens into a corridor that bends around the room you were in.

The floor drops away here as the corridor turns east, though a seven-inch-wide ledge continues along the south wall. The walls are very smooth, offering few handholds. The remainder of the passageway is filled with a five-foot-deep trough filled with foul-smelling, thick green sludge.

Need an acrobatics check for anyone who moves across the ledge, don't forget few of you are still injured too.

Scarab Sages

Male CG Taldan Forsight Wizard 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 12 T: 12 F: 10 | CMB: -2 CMD: 10 | F: +2 R: +2 W: +2 | Init: +13 | Perc: +3 SM: +2 | Speed 30’ | Prescience: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 2+1/2+1 | Active conditions: None.
Spell Known:
Grease

Acrobatics: 10 + 2 = 12

Taking his time Edon goes slowly across the ledge.

The Exchange

Male Grippli Inquisitor 1 Init +4 | HP 9|9 | AC 22, T17, FF18 | Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4 | CMD 16 | Perception +6, Sense Motive +7
Resouces:
Spell slots: 1st: 0/2
Buffs:
Shield of Faith

Gwibble clambers along the wall, avoiding the ledge. The suckers on his hands and feet make little popping noises as he makes he way along.

Gwibble has a 20' climb speed

Shadow Lodge

Around the corner is a gap in the ledge, however a metal platform has been raised up to fill it.

Need another (slightly easier) acrobatics check for the 2nd part too, Edon fine with the take 10 and Gwibble ok with climb.

Edon and Gwibble are able to cross the sludge trough and reach a small area on the other end with a door.

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Half-Elf Sound-Striker Bard 1 | HP: 9 | AC: 15 T: 12 F: 14) | CMB: 0 CMD: 12 | F: +1 R: +4 W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perception: +2 | Speed 30’ | Bardic Performance : 7

Corin hooks his buckler over his pack and follows Edon and Gwibble.

Acrobatics: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (18) - 2 = 16

Then again over the metal platform.

Acrobatics: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (17) - 2 = 15

Slowly but surely, with a lot of trembling and a few near slips, Corin makes it to the door. He is softly singing to himself, but there is no feeling of power to his words.

Current Status | HP: 4 | AC: 13 T: 9 F: 14) | CMB: 0 CMD: 9 | F: +1 R: +1 W: +2 | Init: +1 | Perception: +2 | Speed 30’ | Bardic Performance : 0

Scarab Sages

Male CG Taldan Forsight Wizard 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 12 T: 12 F: 10 | CMB: -2 CMD: 10 | F: +2 R: +2 W: +2 | Init: +13 | Perc: +3 SM: +2 | Speed 30’ | Prescience: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 2+1/2+1 | Active conditions: None.
Spell Known:
Grease

Check For Traps: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

Edon looks over the door while people catch up.

Shadow Lodge

The door appears to be safe and unlocked.

Scarab Sages

Male CG Taldan Forsight Wizard 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 12 T: 12 F: 10 | CMB: -2 CMD: 10 | F: +2 R: +2 W: +2 | Init: +13 | Perc: +3 SM: +2 | Speed 30’ | Prescience: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 2+1/2+1 | Active conditions: None.
Spell Known:
Grease

Edon waits for everyone to cross over.

Shadow Lodge

Other than Corin (who's rolled well anyway) looks like everyone else can get across by taking 10 so will assume they do that. Don't forget a few people still injured though.

Scarab Sages

Male CG Taldan Forsight Wizard 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 12 T: 12 F: 10 | CMB: -2 CMD: 10 | F: +2 R: +2 W: +2 | Init: +13 | Perc: +3 SM: +2 | Speed 30’ | Prescience: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 2+1/2+1 | Active conditions: None.
Spell Known:
Grease

"Does the door look okay to everyone?" asks Edon.

Traps?: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

The Exchange

Male Grippli Inquisitor 1 Init +4 | HP 9|9 | AC 22, T17, FF18 | Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4 | CMD 16 | Perception +6, Sense Motive +7
Resouces:
Spell slots: 1st: 0/2
Buffs:
Shield of Faith

Gwibble looks over the door.

Perception, guidance: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 1 = 8

Looks clear to me

The Exchange

Male Grippli Inquisitor 1 Init +4 | HP 9|9 | AC 22, T17, FF18 | Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4 | CMD 16 | Perception +6, Sense Motive +7
Resouces:
Spell slots: 1st: 0/2
Buffs:
Shield of Faith

Gwibble pushes open the door while clinging to the wall above it.

Scarab Sages

Male CG Taldan Forsight Wizard 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 12 T: 12 F: 10 | CMB: -2 CMD: 10 | F: +2 R: +2 W: +2 | Init: +13 | Perc: +3 SM: +2 | Speed 30’ | Prescience: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 2+1/2+1 | Active conditions: None.
Spell Known:
Grease

Edon steps away from the door as it opens.

Sovereign Court

Male Half-Elf Sound-Striker Bard 1 | HP: 9 | AC: 15 T: 12 F: 14) | CMB: 0 CMD: 12 | F: +1 R: +4 W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perception: +2 | Speed 30’ | Bardic Performance : 7

Corin stands behind Edon.

Shadow Lodge

The door opens into a corridor which bends away to the East and carries on into darkness, reaching further than torches and even darkvision can reach.

The Exchange

Male Grippli Inquisitor 1 Init +4 | HP 9|9 | AC 22, T17, FF18 | Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4 | CMD 16 | Perception +6, Sense Motive +7
Resouces:
Spell slots: 1st: 0/2
Buffs:
Shield of Faith

Gwibble scurries along the wall looking to see if there are any corridors or dangers.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

How high is the corridor? Gwibble will be as high up as he can.

Shadow Lodge

Ceilings about 10ft high here. Have moved everyone else along too.

Around the corner the corridor continues straight for almost 200 feet. As Gwibble scurries along he can't see anything other than solid walls and the dusty floor until he reaches the end.

A small, barred window pierces the iron door at the end
of this hall, revealing a plain, ten-foot-square room with a
windowless iron door on the opposite wall beyond.

The door in front of you is locked with a rusted over keyhole in it, the door on the other side of the square room has a lock that looks to be in a similar condition.

Gwibble:
The square rooms floor appears to have a pit trap built into it, however the mechanism isn't accessible at the moment due to the locked door.

The Exchange

Male Grippli Inquisitor 1 Init +4 | HP 9|9 | AC 22, T17, FF18 | Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4 | CMD 16 | Perception +6, Sense Motive +7
Resouces:
Spell slots: 1st: 0/2
Buffs:
Shield of Faith

Be careful everyone, looks like there is a pit trap on the other side of this door.

Does it look like the lock can be picked or are we going to have to force it

Sovereign Court

Male Half-Elf Sound-Striker Bard 1 | HP: 9 | AC: 15 T: 12 F: 14) | CMB: 0 CMD: 12 | F: +1 R: +4 W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perception: +2 | Speed 30’ | Bardic Performance : 7

Corin cautiously follows Gwibble down the corridor, casting detect magic as he does so.

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 20 Checking for traps and hidden doors.

Current Status | HP: 4 | AC: 13 T: 9 F: 14) | CMB: 0 CMD: 9 | F: +1 R: +1 W: +2 | Init: +1 | Perception: +2 | Speed 30’ | Bardic Performance : 0

Shadow Lodge

It's in pretty bad shape so could be picked - you also found a set of rusty keys in the room where you fought the centipedes.

Corin detects no magic in the area until reaching the end of the corridor where an aura is detectable, with study he finds that it is a moderate aura that's coming from the room with the trap.

He is also able to spot the pit trap that Gwibble has pointed out to the group.

Need a Knowledge (Arcana) check on the 3rd round to determine the school of magic if needed.

The Exchange

Male Grippli Inquisitor 1 Init +4 | HP 9|9 | AC 22, T17, FF18 | Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4 | CMD 16 | Perception +6, Sense Motive +7
Resouces:
Spell slots: 1st: 0/2
Buffs:
Shield of Faith

Gwibble waits to see what Corin finds out.

Can anyone pick the lock or force the door?

Scarab Sages

Male CG Taldan Forsight Wizard 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 12 T: 12 F: 10 | CMB: -2 CMD: 10 | F: +2 R: +2 W: +2 | Init: +13 | Perc: +3 SM: +2 | Speed 30’ | Prescience: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 2+1/2+1 | Active conditions: None.
Spell Known:
Grease

"We should try the keys first," says Edon working his way through the key ring.

Sovereign Court

Male Half-Elf Sound-Striker Bard 1 | HP: 9 | AC: 15 T: 12 F: 14) | CMB: 0 CMD: 12 | F: +1 R: +4 W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perception: +2 | Speed 30’ | Bardic Performance : 7

Knowledge Arcana: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24 for school of magic.

The Exchange

Male Grippli Inquisitor 1 Init +4 | HP 9|9 | AC 22, T17, FF18 | Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4 | CMD 16 | Perception +6, Sense Motive +7
Resouces:
Spell slots: 1st: 0/2
Buffs:
Shield of Faith

Gwibble snorts, Well yes, obviosuly, we should try the key first. It's not as if I forgot about it two minutes after being reminded about the damn thing!

Shadow Lodge

The lock feels stiff but one of the keys is able to unlock the door.

Corin recognises the aura as an illusion.

Sovereign Court

Male Half-Elf Sound-Striker Bard 1 | HP: 9 | AC: 15 T: 12 F: 14) | CMB: 0 CMD: 12 | F: +1 R: +4 W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perception: +2 | Speed 30’ | Bardic Performance : 7

Be careful! There's something not right. Like with the demon bird. Something isn't what it seems to be.

Corin draws his sword and readies himself for combat.

Current Status | HP: 4 | AC: 13 T: 9 F: 14) | CMB: 0 CMD: 9 | F: +1 R: +1 W: +2 | Init: +1 | Perception: +2 | Speed 30’ | Bardic Performance : 0

Scarab Sages

Male CG Taldan Forsight Wizard 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 12 T: 12 F: 10 | CMB: -2 CMD: 10 | F: +2 R: +2 W: +2 | Init: +13 | Perc: +3 SM: +2 | Speed 30’ | Prescience: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 2+1/2+1 | Active conditions: None.
Spell Known:
Grease

"Can we tell what is an illusion? asks Edon scanning the area with detect magic while looking out for traps.

Traps?: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Shadow Lodge

The illusion seems to have something to do with the pit trap in the next room that's visible through the barred window in the door, the doors blocking you from investigating it more though while it's closed but nothing visible in the room seems to be illusionary.

Sovereign Court

Male Half-Elf Sound-Striker Bard 1 | HP: 9 | AC: 15 T: 12 F: 14) | CMB: 0 CMD: 12 | F: +1 R: +4 W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perception: +2 | Speed 30’ | Bardic Performance : 7

Open the door. I'm ready! Corin proclaims, wobbling back and forth in his readied stance.

Shadow Lodge

On opening the door a booming voice calls out to you:

“Please close the door before proceeding with the pass phrase.”

The voice seems to be coming from the illusion aura you identified within the trap (Magic Mouth). You'll need to be in the room when closing the door to give the pass phrase.

301 to 350 of 361 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dragons Demand - LJM table 2 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.