Dragons Demand - LJM table 2

Game Master Liam Mooney

MAP

Current Map

QUESTS

The Collapsed Tower:
The Baroness of Belhaim wants you to investigate the ruins of the collapsed tower and find out why there are dead kobolds mixed in with the towers rubble

Finding Hunclay:
Find out whether Balthus Hunclay had anything to do with the Witch Tower’s collapse.

Making Friends or Enemies*:
Make at least one of the families of Belhaim either helpful or hostile towards the party.
Hero or Villain*:
Make everyone in one of Belhaim’s factions either friendly (or better) or unfriendly (or worse) towards the party.
Best Friend or Worst Nightmare*:
Make everyone in Belhaim either friendly (or better) or unfriendly (or worse) towards the party.
Belhaim Historian*:
Learn a great deal about Belhaim’s history.

* - optional


101 to 150 of 204 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Shadow Lodge

Lifting the fallen timber out of the way with ease, Nerak is able to open the door to the room below.

The tower’s large ground floor has mostly collapsed under the rubble, but along the western portion of the room a section remains clear of debris. An iron trap door set in the floor is directly below a companion door in the ceiling above. Shattered wooden furniture lies scattered around the corpses of two small, green-scaled creatures.

The only light in this room is what's being let in through the door you've opened above it.

For Dragons Demand the book has a list of quests that you can complete, I've added the ones you have so far onto the campaign info above. The *'ed ones are optional but there are benefits to doing them.

Sovereign Court

Male Half-Elf Sound-Striker Bard 1 | HP: 9 | AC: 15 T: 12 F: 14) | CMB: 0 CMD: 12 | F: +1 R: +4 W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perception: +2 | Speed 30’ | Bardic Performance : 7

Once everyone is up, Corin takes Vultha's rope and lowers it down into the ground floor room. With a rye smile he proceeds to cast light upon it, then turns to look at Edon as if for approval. "That should help us all see." He says.

Scarab Sages

Male CG Taldan Forsight Wizard 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 12 T: 12 F: 10) | CMB: -2 CMD: 10 | F: +2 R: +2 W: +2 | Init: +13 | Perc: +3 SM: +2 | Speed 30’ | Prescience: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 2+1/2+1 | Active conditions: None.
Spell Known:
Grease

Climb: 8 = 8

"Nice idea, I'll go second just in case someone needs to catch me," says Edon unashamedly. Some people are good at climbing ropes and some people are good at bending reality to create magical effects. Obviously some people can do both but they are showing off.


Male Male Kobold Bloodrager (Rageshaper) 1 Init +3 | HP 12/12 | AC 21, T14, FF18 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +0 | CMD 13| Perception +7

Vultha climbs down the rope.
Climb: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (15) + 0 = 15

Sovereign Court

Male Half-Elf Sound-Striker Bard 1 | HP: 9 | AC: 15 T: 12 F: 14) | CMB: 0 CMD: 12 | F: +1 R: +4 W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perception: +2 | Speed 30’ | Bardic Performance : 7

Corin climbs down after Edon.

Climb: 1d20 ⇒ 18

The Exchange

Male Grippli Inquisitor 1 Init +4 | HP 9|9 | AC 22, T17, FF18 | Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4 | CMD 16 | Perception +6, Sense Motive +7
Resouces:
Spell slots: 1st: 1/2
Buffs:
Shield of Faith

I suspect my wolf companion is being left behind for this one.

Gwibble peers into the darkness, checking to make sure nothing is lurking down there.

Perception, darkvision: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Assuming it is safe he slips down the rope using his natural climbing abilities.


Female Human (Kellid) Ranger 1 | HP 8/12 | AC 17, t 13, ff 14 | F +3, R +5, W +1 | speed 30ft. |
special:
+1 saves v. arcane; favored enemy (animal) +2

Nerak will attempt to climb down the rope as well, listening intently as she descends.

Climb: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23


Male Male Kobold Bloodrager (Rageshaper) 1 Init +3 | HP 12/12 | AC 21, T14, FF18 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +0 | CMD 13| Perception +7

Vultha walks up to the trap door and checks it for traps.
Perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (2) + 0 = 2

Shadow Lodge

The room seems to be clear of threats and anything that may once have been of use is too damaged now by the falling debris which you can also see from this side is blocking the main door to the tower.

The door down seems to be clear of traps and opens to a larger room below ground even darker than the room you are in.

The walls of this chamber have buckled precariously in several
places, and masonry and dirt are scattered across the floor—
the collapse above plainly caused this structural damage. The
dry-rotted frames of five simple beds lie against the north
and south walls. To the southwest, the room broadens into
a larger chamber. A rusted, grinning iron statue stands in an
alcove in the north wall between the two wings of the room
itself, and in the wall to the south is an old iron door.


Male Male Kobold Bloodrager (Rageshaper) 1 Init +3 | HP 12/12 | AC 21, T14, FF18 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +0 | CMD 13| Perception +7

Vultha approaches the the statue and pokes it.

Sovereign Court

Male Half-Elf Sound-Striker Bard 1 | HP: 9 | AC: 15 T: 12 F: 14) | CMB: 0 CMD: 12 | F: +1 R: +4 W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perception: +2 | Speed 30’ | Bardic Performance : 7

Repeating Vultha's previous actions, Corin takes out a rope and proceeds to tie knots in it. He then attaches it to the other rope and lowers it into the Larger room below.

"Er, I can only cast light on one object at a time." He says looking at Vultha's illuminated rope, then his own. "I only know a little magic." He mumbles.

Scarab Sages

Male CG Taldan Forsight Wizard 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 12 T: 12 F: 10) | CMB: -2 CMD: 10 | F: +2 R: +2 W: +2 | Init: +13 | Perc: +3 SM: +2 | Speed 30’ | Prescience: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 2+1/2+1 | Active conditions: None.
Spell Known:
Grease

Where are we in relation to the ground? The ground outside.

Shadow Lodge

This new room is just below ground level.

As Vultha reaches the bottom of the room and is about to move towards the statue a pair of Giant Centipedes scurry out from behind some debris.

Initiative Rolls:
Edon: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30
Corin: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Gwibble: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Nerak: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Vultha: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Pink: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Yellow: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

Initiative Order:
Edon (30)
Corin (21+)
Yellow (21-)
Gwibble (15)
Nerak (10)
Vultha (4)
Pink (3)

Edon and Corin are up first.

Feel free to rearrange yourselves slightly before the fight breaks out if your character would be a bit further up.

Sovereign Court

Male Half-Elf Sound-Striker Bard 1 | HP: 9 | AC: 15 T: 12 F: 14) | CMB: 0 CMD: 12 | F: +1 R: +4 W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perception: +2 | Speed 30’ | Bardic Performance : 7

Can I see the centipedes from my location / light level, and how far away are they?

Shadow Lodge

You're at the top of the trapdoor on the map but they're about 30ft behind you and 20ft down as you face it. If you lean over the hole though you'd just about be able to see them. I've copied them onto the map you're on for perspective.

Sovereign Court

Male Half-Elf Sound-Striker Bard 1 | HP: 9 | AC: 15 T: 12 F: 14) | CMB: 0 CMD: 12 | F: +1 R: +4 W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perception: +2 | Speed 30’ | Bardic Performance : 7

As Corin hears something strange below, he immediately begins to climb down the lower rope, casting Light on it as he does so.
He hasn't noticed the ladder

Climb: 1d20 ⇒ 17

"Vultha are you okay?" He calls out.

Standared.Move.Done.

Scarab Sages

Male CG Taldan Forsight Wizard 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 12 T: 12 F: 10) | CMB: -2 CMD: 10 | F: +2 R: +2 W: +2 | Init: +13 | Perc: +3 SM: +2 | Speed 30’ | Prescience: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 2+1/2+1 | Active conditions: None.
Spell Known:
Grease

While wracking his brain for anything useful about the monstrosities in front of him Edon draws his crossbow and loads it. Edon is quick to react but you can see that his movements are slightly rushed and a little clumsy.
Knowledge: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

Shadow Lodge

Edon recognises the creatures as giant centipedes (actually medium in size). They're vermin which have a poisonous bite dealing dexterity damage to slow their preys reactions down.

One of the creatures climbs over the rubble towards Vultha and bites at him.

Bite Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

But it fails to get anywhere near him.

Gribble, Nerak and Vultha are up now


Female Human (Kellid) Ranger 1 | HP 8/12 | AC 17, t 13, ff 14 | F +3, R +5, W +1 | speed 30ft. |
special:
+1 saves v. arcane; favored enemy (animal) +2

Nerak will follow Corin down the rope, rushing as she does so in hopes that Vultha doesn't get injured too bad.

Climb (accelerated): 1d20 + 5 - 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 - 5 = 9 gonna assume this rope is braced against the wall and therefore DC 5. I'll retcon if needed.

After reaching the bottom she moves up to the centipede by Vultha and draws her axe. "Are you alright, Vultha? Try to stay with the group!"

Actions:

First move - 5ft to rope, fast climb 10ft = 20ft

Second move - fast climb 10ft = 20ft, 10ft to centipede and draw weapon because my BAB is +1 or higher


Male Male Kobold Bloodrager (Rageshaper) 1 Init +3 | HP 12/12 | AC 21, T14, FF18 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +0 | CMD 13| Perception +7

Vultha pulls his shield out, and attemps to bite the beast back.
Bite: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
After missing Vultha shouts up, Some assistance would be helpful, but not completely necessary. Also when we are done they will be qite tasty boiled with butter.

The Exchange

Male Grippli Inquisitor 1 Init +4 | HP 9|9 | AC 22, T17, FF18 | Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4 | CMD 16 | Perception +6, Sense Motive +7
Resouces:
Spell slots: 1st: 1/2
Buffs:
Shield of Faith

Gwibble clambers down the wall and takes a pot shot at the centipede.

Bow, PBS: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 1 = 9
Damage, PBS: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Shadow Lodge

With Vultha and Gwibble both missing their attacks, the second centipede moves up to attack Nerak with a bite.

Bite: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 91d6 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4

But it also misses.

New round, Edon and Corin can act

Sovereign Court

Male Half-Elf Sound-Striker Bard 1 | HP: 9 | AC: 15 T: 12 F: 14) | CMB: 0 CMD: 12 | F: +1 R: +4 W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perception: +2 | Speed 30’ | Bardic Performance : 7

As Corin reaches the ground, he quickly steps out of the way of Nerak as she rushes into the fray. 5ft Step His eyes go wide in shock as the Giant Centipedes attack his friends. Not knowing what to do, panic grips him. But then, he begins to Sing.

Bardic Performance

This is not like the off-tune bar songs you've heard him attempt on your journey together, but a haunting Elvish melody in a voice that almost isn't his.

Elvish:
The Winter wind blows
cold through your leaves
Fall to the ground
a cover they weave

Silverbirch, Silverbirch
please protect me
Shelter beneath
the Silverbirch tree

The Winter fog falls
to blanket the ground
But ne'er shall it touch
your roots underground

Silverbirch, Silverbirch
please protect me
Shelter beneath
the Silverbirch tree

His usual clumsy movements replaced by fluid action as he retrieves his bow. Movement

Sovereign Court

Male Half-Elf Sound-Striker Bard 1 | HP: 9 | AC: 15 T: 12 F: 14) | CMB: 0 CMD: 12 | F: +1 R: +4 W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perception: +2 | Speed 30’ | Bardic Performance : 7

Inspire Courage: +1 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects and a +1 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls.

Scarab Sages

Male CG Taldan Forsight Wizard 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 12 T: 12 F: 10) | CMB: -2 CMD: 10 | F: +2 R: +2 W: +2 | Init: +13 | Perc: +3 SM: +2 | Speed 30’ | Prescience: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 2+1/2+1 | Active conditions: None.
Spell Known:
Grease

Crossbow: 1d20 - 6 + 1 ⇒ (20) - 6 + 1 = 151d20 - 6 + 1 ⇒ (17) - 6 + 1 = 121d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Edon concentrates on the combat that hasn't happened yet. He sets loose a bolt where the creature will step in a moment's time. His bolt connects with a crack. Edon thinks about how he is always a surprisingly good archer. That song is somehow helping Edon focus.

Shoot and reload.

Shadow Lodge

Edons crossbow pins one of the Centipedes to the rubble. The other bites at Nerak.

Bite: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 101d6 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4

...but misses.

Edon (30)
Corin (21+)
Yellow (21-)
Gwibble (15)
Nerak (10)
Vultha (4)

Pink (3)

Gwibble, Nerak and Vulthas turn


Female Human (Kellid) Ranger 1 | HP 8/12 | AC 17, t 13, ff 14 | F +3, R +5, W +1 | speed 30ft. |
special:
+1 saves v. arcane; favored enemy (animal) +2

Nerak will let out a battlecry as she swings her axe at the giant centipede in front of her.

Power Attack: 1d20 + 3 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 3 - 1 + 1 = 15
-1 from PA, +1 from IC

Damage: 1d12 + 3 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 3 + 1 = 15
+3 from PA, +1 from IC


Male Male Kobold Bloodrager (Rageshaper) 1 Init +3 | HP 12/12 | AC 21, T14, FF18 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +0 | CMD 13| Perception +7

Vultha attempts to bite again.
Bite: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 5 + 1 = 15
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

The Exchange

Male Grippli Inquisitor 1 Init +4 | HP 9|9 | AC 22, T17, FF18 | Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4 | CMD 16 | Perception +6, Sense Motive +7
Resouces:
Spell slots: 1st: 1/2
Buffs:
Shield of Faith

Gwibble hops round to get a clear shot at the centipede and lets loose an arrow.

Bow, into melee: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (18) + 5 - 1 = 22
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Sovereign Court

Male Half-Elf Sound-Striker Bard 1 | HP: 9 | AC: 15 T: 12 F: 14) | CMB: 0 CMD: 12 | F: +1 R: +4 W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perception: +2 | Speed 30’ | Bardic Performance : 7

+1 from IC

Shadow Lodge

Between them, Nerak, Vultha and Gwibble crush the remaining Centipede and you are free to explore the room.

Description again:

The walls of this chamber have buckled precariously in several
places, and masonry and dirt are scattered across the floor—
the collapse above plainly caused this structural damage. The
dry-rotted frames of five simple beds lie against the north
and south walls. To the southwest, the room broadens into
a larger chamber. A rusted, grinning iron statue stands in an
alcove in the north wall between the two wings of the room
itself, and in the wall to the south is an old iron door.

Sovereign Court

Male Half-elf|Figther 1(Freestyle), Rogue 3(Rake)| HP 36/36 | AC 23, T 13, FF 20 | CMD 18| F +5 R +8 W +3; | Init +4 | Perc +10 | Speed 20ft

Vultha again approaches the statue.

Shadow Lodge

As he approaches the statue, Vultha realises that it is in fact a closed iron maiden, ancient bloodstains on the front give it a rusted appearance.


Male Male Kobold Bloodrager (Rageshaper) 1 Init +3 | HP 12/12 | AC 21, T14, FF18 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +0 | CMD 13| Perception +7

Vultha inspects the area around it, before trying to open the iron maiden.

The Exchange

Male Grippli Inquisitor 1 Init +4 | HP 9|9 | AC 22, T17, FF18 | Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4 | CMD 16 | Perception +6, Sense Motive +7
Resouces:
Spell slots: 1st: 1/2
Buffs:
Shield of Faith

Gwibble joins the inquisitive kobold, mutters a quick detect magic spell and checks for traps and hidden places.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

Sovereign Court

Male Half-Elf Sound-Striker Bard 1 | HP: 9 | AC: 15 T: 12 F: 14) | CMB: 0 CMD: 12 | F: +1 R: +4 W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perception: +2 | Speed 30’ | Bardic Performance : 7

Corin stops singing. He stares blankly for a while before seemingly coming to his senses. He shakes his head and awkwardly puts away his bow.

"We sure beat those Centipedes huh?" He says out loud to the group in general. "I think I need to sit down." He mutters to himself, as he walks to sit on one of the beds. He sighs and looks around where he is sitting.

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17 To search around the beds.

Scarab Sages

Male CG Taldan Forsight Wizard 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 12 T: 12 F: 10) | CMB: -2 CMD: 10 | F: +2 R: +2 W: +2 | Init: +13 | Perc: +3 SM: +2 | Speed 30’ | Prescience: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 2+1/2+1 | Active conditions: None.
Spell Known:
Grease

Edon starts his own light and joins the others. He looks around for any signs of none centipede life.
Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Survival: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (15) + 0 = 15

Shadow Lodge

Vultha and Gwibble find nothing of interest around the iron maiden. When opening it a skeletal figure lurches out at them but the bones collapse in a pile at their feet. There is a rusty key that's fell with the bones.

The rest of you explore the room in general, the Western end looks to have been a small armoury and there are several rusted weapons and fragments of armour, no longer of any value. Corin finds a tightly latched iron case under a bed containing a pair of mithril daggers with a strange series of notches carved into the flat of each blade.

The Exchange

Male Grippli Inquisitor 1 Init +4 | HP 9|9 | AC 22, T17, FF18 | Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4 | CMD 16 | Perception +6, Sense Motive +7
Resouces:
Spell slots: 1st: 1/2
Buffs:
Shield of Faith

With the room securre Gwibble hops over to the southern door and checks to see if it safe or if anything can be heard beyond it.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25


Male Male Kobold Bloodrager (Rageshaper) 1 Init +3 | HP 12/12 | AC 21, T14, FF18 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +0 | CMD 13| Perception +7

Vultha picks up the key that dropped from the skeleton.

Shadow Lodge

The door appears safe and there's no sounds coming through the door. It opens onto a branching corridor.

Numerous jail cells line these long-abandoned corridors.Each of their solid iron doors hangs ajar, and includes both a peephole at eye level, covered with a piece of sliding metal, and a smaller slot for food and water at floor level.

Sovereign Court

Male Half-Elf Sound-Striker Bard 1 | HP: 9 | AC: 15 T: 12 F: 14) | CMB: 0 CMD: 12 | F: +1 R: +4 W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perception: +2 | Speed 30’ | Bardic Performance : 7

Corin replaces his own daggers with the mithral ones, closes the empty box and puts it back. He stuffs his old daggers into his pack.

Do the notches look like a language?

He gets up and goes to stand next to Edon.

Shadow Lodge

The notches are carved right at the edge of the blades, creating a weird serration along them. No language in them but it does look to have been done for a reason.

The Exchange

Male Grippli Inquisitor 1 Init +4 | HP 9|9 | AC 22, T17, FF18 | Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4 | CMD 16 | Perception +6, Sense Motive +7
Resouces:
Spell slots: 1st: 1/2
Buffs:
Shield of Faith

Gwibble hops into the corridor, checking for traps as he goes along.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

He peers into the cells as he goes.

Shadow Lodge

The cells all hold little of any interest to Gwibble. He does notice a strange semi-circular ridge running along part of the ceiling though (the blue line added to map).


Female Human (Kellid) Ranger 1 | HP 8/12 | AC 17, t 13, ff 14 | F +3, R +5, W +1 | speed 30ft. |
special:
+1 saves v. arcane; favored enemy (animal) +2

Nerak will go into the branching hallway with Gwibble and take a look around for herself. She keeps her axe out and is mostly looking out for potential hazards to the party.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16


Male Male Kobold Bloodrager (Rageshaper) 1 Init +3 | HP 12/12 | AC 21, T14, FF18 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +0 | CMD 13| Perception +7

Vultha will follow Gwibble, while checking all of the doors to see if the key he picked up with fit any of the doors.
Perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (5) + 0 = 5

The Exchange

Male Grippli Inquisitor 1 Init +4 | HP 9|9 | AC 22, T17, FF18 | Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4 | CMD 16 | Perception +6, Sense Motive +7
Resouces:
Spell slots: 1st: 1/2
Buffs:
Shield of Faith

Gwibble points up, Odd ridge there, anyone know what it might be for? Maybe a trapdoor?

Sovereign Court

Male Half-Elf Sound-Striker Bard 1 | HP: 9 | AC: 15 T: 12 F: 14) | CMB: 0 CMD: 12 | F: +1 R: +4 W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perception: +2 | Speed 30’ | Bardic Performance : 7

Corin walk up to Gwibble and looks at the ridge. He pulls out one of the Mithril daggers, casts light on it and holds it up to the ceiling for a better view.

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

Knowledge (Engineering: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

101 to 150 of 204 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dragons Demand - LJM table 2 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.