Dragons Demand - LJM table 2

Game Master Liam Mooney

MAP

Current Map

QUESTS

The Collapsed Tower:
The Baroness of Belhaim wants you to investigate the ruins of the collapsed tower and find out why there are dead kobolds mixed in with the towers rubble

Finding Hunclay:
Find out whether Balthus Hunclay had anything to do with the Witch Tower’s collapse.

Making Friends or Enemies*:
Make at least one of the families of Belhaim either helpful or hostile towards the party.
Hero or Villain*:
Make everyone in one of Belhaim’s factions either friendly (or better) or unfriendly (or worse) towards the party.
Best Friend or Worst Nightmare*:
Make everyone in Belhaim either friendly (or better) or unfriendly (or worse) towards the party.
Belhaim Historian*:
Learn a great deal about Belhaim’s history.

* - optional


1 to 50 of 212 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Shadow Lodge

2nd try after I deleted the gameplay thread

Shadow Lodge

Since being hired as caravan guards a few weeks ago by Silas Gribb, your journey so far has been pretty uneventful. After picking up a supply of timber from the Gnomish city of Wispil you've spent the last few nights camping out in the woods as you travel through the Verduran Forest.

For tonight the caravan will be stopping in a small fishing town called Belhaim, on the edge of the Verduran Fork river, where you'll be able to get a better nights sleep along with some good food. Silas has even agreed to pay you all a few gold pieces to cover your work so far when you get there.

The caravan stops at the edge of town just past a small farmhouse and Silas tells you all to wait with the caravan while he heads off to speak to the innkeeper and arrange for getting the caravan secured in the back.

You've been waiting a while now though and Silas hasn't returned.

Map

Scarab Sages

Male CG Taldan Forsight Wizard 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 12 T: 12 F: 10) | CMB: -2 CMD: 10 | F: +2 R: +2 W: +2 | Init: +13 | Perc: +3 SM: +2 | Speed 30’ | Prescience: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 2+1/2+1 | Active conditions: None.
Spell Known:
Grease

Sitting the shadow of one of the carts Edon is quietly reading a book. Finishing a page he marks his position with a thin strip of leather and looks up, "Did Silas say how long he was going to be?"

Sovereign Court

Male Half-Elf Sound-Striker Bard 1 | HP: 9 | AC: 15 T: 12 F: 14) | CMB: 0 CMD: 12 | F: +1 R: +4 W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perception: +2 | Speed 30’ | Bardic Performance : 7

Corin leans back suddenly from the edge of the cart, trying to hide his attempt of reading over Edon's shoulder."What? Oh, I don't know. I wasn't listening, sorry."

He looks around, smiles meekly, then begins to walk to the other cart as if with purpose.


Female Human (Kellid) Ranger 1 | HP 8/12 | AC 17, t 13, ff 14 | F +3, R +5, W +1 | speed 30ft. |
special:
+1 saves v. arcane; favored enemy (animal) +2

Nerak stops sharpening her axe and frowns at Edon. "Silas should have just gone in and come back out, I'm sure he did not want to leave the goods out in the open like this. Maybe we send some of us to check up on him?"

Scarab Sages

Male CG Taldan Forsight Wizard 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 12 T: 12 F: 10) | CMB: -2 CMD: 10 | F: +2 R: +2 W: +2 | Init: +13 | Perc: +3 SM: +2 | Speed 30’ | Prescience: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 2+1/2+1 | Active conditions: None.
Spell Known:
Grease

"This stuff has been fine outside up to now and I don't expect that anyone will try and take it. I think we should wait, but not wait until it is dark," replies Edon while gesturing towards the carts.

Shadow Lodge

He's definitely been gone longer than you'd expect him to be. It's currently late afternoon (around 5pm)


Male Male Kobold Bloodrager (Rageshaper) 1 Init +3 | HP 12/12 | AC 21, T14, FF18 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +0 | CMD 13| Perception +7

Vutha wanders about the camp fastidiously checking his gear as if expecting trouble. He has been getting more animated the closer he gets to Belhaim and his quest's goal. Silas is taking too long; this task should have only taken an hour. vutha states annoyed at the delay. If he is not back by sundown, Eldon and Corin, should head in after him while the rest of us guard the goods.

Shadow Lodge

After a few minutes of waiting you see a group of 6 town guards approaching. One of them is leading Silas, who's hands appear to be bound behind his back, whilst the one in front (who looks to be in charge) is holding an official looking piece of parchment.

Updated Map


Female Human (Kellid) Ranger 1 | HP 8/12 | AC 17, t 13, ff 14 | F +3, R +5, W +1 | speed 30ft. |
special:
+1 saves v. arcane; favored enemy (animal) +2

Seeing Silas led by the guards, Nerak lets out a nervous sigh. "I don't want any trouble with the law, but I sure do want to get paid. We should go ask them what is going on."

Nerak keeps her axe at the carts and checks that her kukri is right in its sheath. She motions for the other bodyguards to come down and join her.

Scarab Sages

Male CG Taldan Forsight Wizard 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 12 T: 12 F: 10) | CMB: -2 CMD: 10 | F: +2 R: +2 W: +2 | Init: +13 | Perc: +3 SM: +2 | Speed 30’ | Prescience: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 2+1/2+1 | Active conditions: None.
Spell Known:
Grease

Edon gets up, stows his book and follows Nerak towards Silas.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Ranger Lv 5, Skirmisher, Deep Walker

Vultha makes sure his hood is up and hides behind the caravan, waiting to see what assistance is needed.

The Exchange

Male Grippli Inquisitor 1 Init +4 | HP 9|9 | AC 22, T17, FF18 | Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4 | CMD 16 | Perception +6, Sense Motive +7
Resouces:
Spell slots: 1st: 1/2
Buffs:
Shield of Faith

Gwibble scans the building, I wonder if something has happened to him...

Hopping into Gribble's sadlle he directs the wolf towards the Inn with the others.

Sovereign Court

Male Half-Elf Sound-Striker Bard 1 | HP: 9 | AC: 15 T: 12 F: 14) | CMB: 0 CMD: 12 | F: +1 R: +4 W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perception: +2 | Speed 30’ | Bardic Performance : 7

In the shadow of the cart, Corin's appearance shifts subtly. He steps out looking himself, but fully human, and walks up just behind Nerak and Edon. He nervously fiddles with his ear.

In a low whisper to his compatriots. "What's happened? Why has Silas been arrested? Are we in trouble? Are we going to get arrested? I can't get arrested, my mum will kill me!"

Shadow Lodge

The guards stop about 20ft before they reach you. Their leader calls out "Stand down, Silas Gribb is under arrest for smuggling and both he and his carts are coming with me to Cassomir where he will stand trial for his crimes."

He holds up the parchment, "there is no mention on here of any accomplices though, who are you".


Male Male Kobold Bloodrager (Rageshaper) 1 Init +3 | HP 12/12 | AC 21, T14, FF18 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +0 | CMD 13| Perception +7

Vutha moves further behind the caravan, trying to get to the treeline. His mission is too important to get caught up in human problems.

Sovereign Court

Male Half-Elf Sound-Striker Bard 1 | HP: 9 | AC: 15 T: 12 F: 14) | CMB: 0 CMD: 12 | F: +1 R: +4 W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perception: +2 | Speed 30’ | Bardic Performance : 7

Corin's expression changes to one of pure determination.
"I'm not being arrested." He mutters as he steps between Nerak and Edon. Hands on hips he states with a loud clear voice. "I am Corinthian Othello Ramirez Esq... The second. And who sir are you?"

Scarab Sages

Male CG Taldan Forsight Wizard 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 12 T: 12 F: 10) | CMB: -2 CMD: 10 | F: +2 R: +2 W: +2 | Init: +13 | Perc: +3 SM: +2 | Speed 30’ | Prescience: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 2+1/2+1 | Active conditions: None.
Spell Known:
Grease

Edon cringes slightly at the approach Corinthian takes but he has the right idea.

Shadow Lodge

"Sheriff Benhovy, Commander of the Belhaim Garrison" he replies. "Sir Benhovy though would be my father. I'm guessing you haven't been working for Mr Gribb here for very long given how surprised you seem by his arrest? Smuggling, not paying the correct trade tariffs, falsifying receipts - pretty much all the affronts to Abadar that Eupaphenia preaches at us not to do in her sermons on one page here"

Theres a crowd gathering now to see what's happening. It's not often that things this interesting happen in such a small town.

"I'd suggest you leave us to our business and we'll leave you be, no point in getting yourselves arrested for one like this"

The Exchange

Male Grippli Inquisitor 1 Init +4 | HP 9|9 | AC 22, T17, FF18 | Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4 | CMD 16 | Perception +6, Sense Motive +7
Resouces:
Spell slots: 1st: 1/2
Buffs:
Shield of Faith

Gwibble riddes up on the back on Gribble. He looks over the guards, trying to get a sense of how honest they are.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

I am not one to abandon my employer quite so swiftly Sheriff. I assume you have some sort of evidence against our employer? To the best of our knowledge we are simply escorting some timber from Wispil. What is he alleged to be smugglling?

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Shadow Lodge

They seem to be trustworthy

"Evidence has already been presented in the courthouses in Cassomir in order to get this warrant" the Sheriff says. "He's mostly been smuggling the gnomish drug Wispil in amongst his timber supplies though so I'm sure if you have a look there will be more evidence amongst his carts here and then hopefully it would convince you to let us do our jobs?"

The Exchange

Male Grippli Inquisitor 1 Init +4 | HP 9|9 | AC 22, T17, FF18 | Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4 | CMD 16 | Perception +6, Sense Motive +7
Resouces:
Spell slots: 1st: 1/2
Buffs:
Shield of Faith

Gwibble raises his hands, I've no dsire to interfere with local law enforcement he says with a shrug. But this does leave all of us rather unemployed. I don't suppose you know of anyone in the area who needs a group of eager guards, adventurers and mercenaries?

Scarab Sages

Male CG Taldan Forsight Wizard 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 12 T: 12 F: 10) | CMB: -2 CMD: 10 | F: +2 R: +2 W: +2 | Init: +13 | Perc: +3 SM: +2 | Speed 30’ | Prescience: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 2+1/2+1 | Active conditions: None.
Spell Known:
Grease

So the drug and the village are both called Wispil?

"Do you mind if I look over the warrant? Other people could have been falsifying the records. Do you have proof that Silvas was the one doing this?" asks Edon politely without moving closer to the guards. Edon is speaking a little quicker than usual, he isn't used to being on the apparent wrong side of an authority figure.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19


Male Male Kobold Bloodrager (Rageshaper) 1 Init +3 | HP 12/12 | AC 21, T14, FF18 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +0 | CMD 13| Perception +7

Vultha steps out from behind the carriage. Figures, the only caravan that would hire a kobold would be doing something shady. I humbly thank you for performing your duties and understanding that we are not in volved.
Diplomacy: 120 + 8 = 128

Shadow Lodge

Oops, drug is Felwil sorry - the Gnome City is Wispil

Sheriff Benhovy passes over the warrant. "Have a look, I can assure you that it is genuine though. The evidence is locked away in Cassomir where it was deemed sufficient enough by the courthouses to issue the warrant and so I have no power now but to see that it is enforced."

The Sheriff walks up to the caravan and taps on the front cart "I'm sure we'll find more evidence here though if you'd like to look, as you say I doubt you are involved in this, if you did Silas here would have had to offer you a bigger cut."

Silas is looking more worried now "Don't let him look in there, I'm paying you to protect my wares, not let the first town guard who asks to poke his nose into them - there's only timber in there anyway, and it's all above board, got the paperwork to prove it."


Male Male Kobold Bloodrager (Rageshaper) 1 Init +3 | HP 12/12 | AC 21, T14, FF18 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +0 | CMD 13| Perception +7

[b]You paid us to protect your "lumber" shipment from bandits. You did not pay us to mess with legal authorities. That's your job. I will not fall on my sword for."

Sovereign Court

Male Half-Elf Sound-Striker Bard 1 | HP: 9 | AC: 15 T: 12 F: 14) | CMB: 0 CMD: 12 | F: +1 R: +4 W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perception: +2 | Speed 30’ | Bardic Performance : 7

Corin deflates a little. He approaches Silas."Mr Silas, please tell me you didn't have us moving drugs?"

Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 3

He looks to Sheriff Benhovy. "Honest sir, we didn't know there was anything in the carts but wood."

Diplomancy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11


Female Human (Kellid) Ranger 1 | HP 8/12 | AC 17, t 13, ff 14 | F +3, R +5, W +1 | speed 30ft. |
special:
+1 saves v. arcane; favored enemy (animal) +2

Nerak, not too keen on legal matters, directs herself to Silas. "Where is this paperwork, Silas? I would not like to see a man locked up over a misunderstanding."

Shadow Lodge

With the guards leading him, Silas walks over to the front cart and indicates to a pile of papers in a box under the seat which they pass over to Nerak. It's receipts for the timber as well as trading documents for selling it on in Cassomir. "See, look at that" he says, "just timber listed on there. Nothing illegal."

If anyone wants to appraise on the paperwork, go for it

Having passed over the paperwork the guards move to the back of the cart and begin to move the timbers out in order to search it. "Stop them!" Silas cries to you, "they have no right to be going through my supplies and they may damage the wood."


Male Male Kobold Bloodrager (Rageshaper) 1 Init +3 | HP 12/12 | AC 21, T14, FF18 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +0 | CMD 13| Perception +7

Damage the wood, that's what your going with. Vultha states sarcastically. Unless you have a writ from some higher authority saying you are exempt from inspection, shut it. If you have one I will gladly help you defend you rights, but until then stop making it worse.

Scarab Sages

Male CG Taldan Forsight Wizard 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 12 T: 12 F: 10) | CMB: -2 CMD: 10 | F: +2 R: +2 W: +2 | Init: +13 | Perc: +3 SM: +2 | Speed 30’ | Prescience: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 2+1/2+1 | Active conditions: None.
Spell Known:
Grease

Edon looks over the warrant and thinks about how accidentally becoming a drugs smuggler will make a good story. He also thinks about how this isn't the best start to his life as an adventurer. Caravan guard was a classic if not poor start but drugs smuggler is outright bad. Edon is suspicious of everyone right now. Edon has two big questions on his mind: How do the guards know where the lumber and drugs are? If there aren't any drugs why is Silas so protective of his cart? Now that he is no longer at risk of being in trouble Edon is noticeably calmer. Edon makes no effort to stop the guards looking through the cargo.

Shadow Lodge

Left free to search the guards start going through the carts in Silas's caravan. After a few minutes one of them notices a false bottom in one of them and opens it up, finding a few pouches of felwil, a stash of coins and a forgers kit.

"As you can see your employer has clearly been trading in more than just wood" Sheriff Benhovy says to the party before turning back to the guards "Get this packed back up and ready to leave for Cassomir, I want to get a few hours travel in before we settle for the night". The guards get to work quickly, repacking the caravan and adding their own supplies to the carts while leaving yours to the side of the road. With Silas Gribb now in custody and the evidence found they mostly ignore you, leaving you at the side of the road mostly abandoned.

A young dark haired woman approaches you "I'm sorry about Benhovy, he's a likeable enough man once you get to know him but he won't bend at all, even when it means leaving people unemployed and with nowhere to go." She smiles "I'm Talia and I run the Wise Piper inn, where you were due to stay tonight. If you'd like to I can offer you somewhere to stay for a few nights while you figure out what to do next - it's the least I can do after your boss was dragged out of my inn in chains, plus it gets you away from the crowd."


Female Human (Kellid) Ranger 1 | HP 8/12 | AC 17, t 13, ff 14 | F +3, R +5, W +1 | speed 30ft. |
special:
+1 saves v. arcane; favored enemy (animal) +2

Nerak makes sure to grab her axe from the cart before it is taken away, shaking her head and muttering curses in Hallit all the while.

When Talia approaches, Nerak listens and her mood is visible brightened. "I'll never say no to a place to drink and put my feet up," she says, turning to her companions. "Maybe we can find some work in town since we might be stuck here a while. That is, if you all don't mind sticking together?"

The Exchange

Male Grippli Inquisitor 1 Init +4 | HP 9|9 | AC 22, T17, FF18 | Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4 | CMD 16 | Perception +6, Sense Motive +7
Resouces:
Spell slots: 1st: 1/2
Buffs:
Shield of Faith

Gwibble smiles, That is very kind and neighbourly of you. He bows and adds, Would you have somewhere I could stablle Gribble here, preferably away from any horses or the like. He is well trained but his presence can unsettle herd beasts.

Shadow Lodge

"You're welcome, it never hurts to show them Abadarans that some people around here can still be helpful to others" Talia says. "Can't say I've ever had a wolf stay here before, but the stables are currently empty if you'd like to settle him in there?"

Talia waits for you to gather your things before leading you to the inn.


Male Male Kobold Bloodrager (Rageshaper) 1 Init +3 | HP 12/12 | AC 21, T14, FF18 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +0 | CMD 13| Perception +7

Vultha stows his shield on his back and approaches Talia pulling back his hood. Thank you for your hospitality, my lady. My name is Vultha. My companions and I greatly appreciate this, and we would be most pleased to stay in your inn. He deeply bows before the innkeeper.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

How much is it to stay per night in you lovely inn?

Sovereign Court

Male Half-Elf Sound-Striker Bard 1 | HP: 9 | AC: 15 T: 12 F: 14) | CMB: 0 CMD: 12 | F: +1 R: +4 W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perception: +2 | Speed 30’ | Bardic Performance : 7

Corin sullenly collects his things from near the carts and follows behind the group. Raising his hood, he once again regains half-elvish appearance. Making sure to keep his head down away from the guards.

"I can't believe Mr Silas did that to us." He mutters to himself. "Though it would explain why he needed so many of us to guard wood."

He gives Talia his most upbeat smile when she looks his way, but sinks back into his melancholy when she looks away.

Catching up to Nerak. "Do you think we'll be able to find work here? And maybe keep travelling? My Silas said I'd be able to work my way to Absolam. If I worked hard enough."

Scarab Sages

Male CG Taldan Forsight Wizard 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 12 T: 12 F: 10) | CMB: -2 CMD: 10 | F: +2 R: +2 W: +2 | Init: +13 | Perc: +3 SM: +2 | Speed 30’ | Prescience: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 2+1/2+1 | Active conditions: None.
Spell Known:
Grease

Edon checks he has all his things and then double checks everything is in the right place. Once he is happy with his belongings he carefully adds his current book to his pack. Joining the group he starts to chat with everyone, ”So how does everyone plan to celebrate not being arrested and becoming unemployed within the same hour?”

The Exchange

Male Grippli Inquisitor 1 Init +4 | HP 9|9 | AC 22, T17, FF18 | Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4 | CMD 16 | Perception +6, Sense Motive +7
Resouces:
Spell slots: 1st: 1/2
Buffs:
Shield of Faith

Gwibble grins at Edon, Cheer up, I am sure something will turn up, it usually does. These small communities out on the edges always need the help of good, honest, hard working sword swingers to help hold back the tides of chaos and barbarians. That or someone might need giant rats cleared out of their cellar.


Male Male Kobold Bloodrager (Rageshaper) 1 Init +3 | HP 12/12 | AC 21, T14, FF18 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +0 | CMD 13| Perception +7

To Eldon See the sights, drink some beer. To the innkeeper Isn't this town the location of an epic battle between an ancient black dragon and a human hero.


Female Human (Kellid) Ranger 1 | HP 8/12 | AC 17, t 13, ff 14 | F +3, R +5, W +1 | speed 30ft. |
special:
+1 saves v. arcane; favored enemy (animal) +2

"If you make a few good performances on the road from here to Oppara you should be fine," she tells Corin. She thrusts her thumb at her chest and grins widely, "Stick together with us for a while though! As a group we may be able to find some treasure. Then you can live like a king in Absalom!"

After Gwibble's comment about chaos and barbarian, Nerak mumbles her grievances with that characterization in Hallit.

Sovereign Court

Male Half-Elf Sound-Striker Bard 1 | HP: 9 | AC: 15 T: 12 F: 14) | CMB: 0 CMD: 12 | F: +1 R: +4 W: +2 | Init: +4 | Perception: +2 | Speed 30’ | Bardic Performance : 7

Corin follows behind Nerak. "That would be wonderful." He says, cheering up a little. "I'll be a real Adventurer, just like my father."

His head spins around as he hears Vultha's question of ancient dragons and heroes. "What? Here? Really?"

Shadow Lodge

Talia leads you to the inn "Yes, Belhaim was named after a great dragon-slayer named Tula Belhaim whose last battle was not far from here against the dragon who destroyed her village when she was a girl. As a reward the Emperor of Taldor made her a Baroness and rule over these lands. If you're interested, Bassy the historian could tell you more sometime, the old gnomes done lots of research into it all for her book series."

At the inn, Talia shows you to your rooms (and the stables for Gribble) before serving you a meal of fresh breads, cheese, honey and watery mead.


Male Male Kobold Bloodrager (Rageshaper) 1 Init +3 | HP 12/12 | AC 21, T14, FF18 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +0 | CMD 13| Perception +7

Thank you Talia, I would love an introduction if that could be arranged. Dragon history is a bit of a passion of mine.
Vultha sits at the table enjoying the fresh food and sampling the local spirits.

Shadow Lodge

Talia is about to reply when the walls of the inn rattle as is shaken by thunder.

perception rolls:

Nerak: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Gwibble: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Corin: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Edon: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Vultha: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (2) + 0 = 2

Nerak and Edon:

You recognise the sound as being more like that of a massive landalide than thunder.

Shadow Lodge

"Weird, it didn't look like we'd be having a storm tonight" she says, "good job I let you stay eh"

Scarab Sages

Male CG Taldan Forsight Wizard 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 12 T: 12 F: 10) | CMB: -2 CMD: 10 | F: +2 R: +2 W: +2 | Init: +13 | Perc: +3 SM: +2 | Speed 30’ | Prescience: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 2+1/2+1 | Active conditions: None.
Spell Known:
Grease

"That isn't a storm..."

How close does it sound?


Male Male Kobold Bloodrager (Rageshaper) 1 Init +3 | HP 12/12 | AC 21, T14, FF18 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +0 | CMD 13| Perception +7

What do you mean, Eldon?

Shadow Lodge

close by, around a thousand feet

1 to 50 of 212 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dragons Demand - LJM table 2 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.