Cwethan's Hao Jin Cataclysm (7-8 Classic) (Inactive)

Game Master Cwethan

Maps & Handouts


301 to 350 of 427 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Male NG Halfling Ranger 8 | HP 52 | AC 20 (19) T 15 FF 16 (15) (no buckler) | CMB +9, CMD 23 | F: +9, R: +13, W: +7; +2 vs. fear | Init: +6 | Perc +15, SM +2, (+5 to both w/perceive cues), low-light vision | Speed 20ft | Favored Enemies: Human +4, Undead +2; Favored Terrain: Urban +4, Underground +2 | Spells: 1st (2), 2nd (2) | Woodland Stride

now I'm confused. Peribras shot at the gnome in the middle of the map while Darkpaw moved to attack the nearest one. You said Peribras finished off the one in the middle of the map that he attacked. Then you said the one by Darkpaw cast a spell and ran away, at least one of which would have provoked. So I rolled an AoO for Darkpaw since she was next to it.


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

It would normally take a move action to specifically make the perception check, but I'd imagine that if you're targeting her it's with a spell anyways. Feel free to keep the roll if that's what you decide Luminae.

The remaining dwarf does his best to assist in unseating Peribras, and though the nimble archer manages to avoid the bulk of his strikes, the warrior does manage to catch Peribras with a dreadful blow to the temple!

Shield Bash: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
Bludgeoning: 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Shield Bash: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
Bludgeoning: 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Warhammer: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 9 - 2 = 27
Magic Bludgeoning: 1d8 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 4 = 14
Warhammer: 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 4 - 2 = 13
Magic Bludgeoning: 1d8 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 4 = 13

Confirm?: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 9 - 2 = 25
Bludgeoning: 2d8 + 12 + 8 ⇒ (6, 8) + 12 + 8 = 34

Squares of foliage are difficult terrain and grant concealment
#Blessed
The Bold May Go!

Sarsczek
Zera
Luminae Fire Resistant
Fung
Peribras -48

Gnome - Poorly hidden
Malachi
Dwarfs (Red -18)

Grand Lodge

Male NG Halfling Ranger 8 | HP 52 | AC 20 (19) T 15 FF 16 (15) (no buckler) | CMB +9, CMD 23 | F: +9, R: +13, W: +7; +2 vs. fear | Init: +6 | Perc +15, SM +2, (+5 to both w/perceive cues), low-light vision | Speed 20ft | Favored Enemies: Human +4, Undead +2; Favored Terrain: Urban +4, Underground +2 | Spells: 1st (2), 2nd (2) | Woodland Stride

hold on. There were two gnomes. One in the middle of the garden and one to the right of Darkpaw. You said Peribras killed the one in the middle of the garden. That means the only one left standing was the one that Darkpaw attacked. You said that one cast a spell and ran away. Both of those things normally provoke, so Darkpaw would have got an AoO. What am I missing?


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Three dwarfs were attacking the party in melee, one gnome is in the corner.

Grand Lodge

Male NG Halfling Ranger 8 | HP 52 | AC 20 (19) T 15 FF 16 (15) (no buckler) | CMB +9, CMD 23 | F: +9, R: +13, W: +7; +2 vs. fear | Init: +6 | Perc +15, SM +2, (+5 to both w/perceive cues), low-light vision | Speed 20ft | Favored Enemies: Human +4, Undead +2; Favored Terrain: Urban +4, Underground +2 | Spells: 1st (2), 2nd (2) | Woodland Stride

ohhhhhhhh. There's a gnome *and* some dwarves. I misread the map. I think I had misread the map + posts. I think I had meant for Peribras to shoot at the most hidden thing, since he ignores all but total concealment and cover with improved precise shot, it made sense for him to be the one to focus on the hidden target. Oh well. My bad


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

No worries Peribras, sorry for the confusion. But uh, no time like the present! ;-)

Grand Lodge

Male NG Halfling Ranger 8 | HP 52 | AC 20 (19) T 15 FF 16 (15) (no buckler) | CMB +9, CMD 23 | F: +9, R: +13, W: +7; +2 vs. fear | Init: +6 | Perc +15, SM +2, (+5 to both w/perceive cues), low-light vision | Speed 20ft | Favored Enemies: Human +4, Undead +2; Favored Terrain: Urban +4, Underground +2 | Spells: 1st (2), 2nd (2) | Woodland Stride

if the dwarf can attack Peribras while he's on the wolf, it can also take an AoO when he makes a ranged attack. I'm a little reluctant to do that while the dwarf is still standing. I'll see if anyone else can bring him down.
Edit: for context I have 4hp

Grand Lodge

F Human Bolt Ace 5, Brawler 2, Weaponmaster 2. |HP 76/76| AC 24 /T18 /FF17 | init +9 | CMD 26| Fort 14/Ref 16/Will 6|Grit 3/4| Martial flexibility 2/4| Boots of Speed 7/10

Zera spins around when she hears Peribras get struck. "Oh no you don't! You back off!" - And lets loose a flurry of bolts, as she is wont to do, directed at the dwarf.

2 grit and 1 charge off the boots, you know the drill by now. I'm not sure if the intervening bushes are providing concealment, but I'll add some dice rolls just in case they are.

Hand Crossbow full attack: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (15) + 17 = 32
Hand Crossbow damage: 1d4 + 16 ⇒ (4) + 16 = 20
Concealment: 1d100 ⇒ 61

Hand Crossbow full attack: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (10) + 17 = 27
Hand Crossbow damage: 1d4 + 16 ⇒ (1) + 16 = 17
Concealment: 1d100 ⇒ 79

Hand Crossbow full attack: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (20) + 17 = 37
Hand Crossbow damage: 1d4 + 16 ⇒ (4) + 16 = 20
Concealment: 1d100 ⇒ 55

Hand Crossbow full attack v touch: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32
Hand Crossbow damage: 1d4 + 16 ⇒ (1) + 16 = 17
Concealment: 1d100 ⇒ 83

Hand Crossbow full attack v touch: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14
Hand Crossbow damage: 1d4 + 16 ⇒ (2) + 16 = 18
Concealment: 1d100 ⇒ 4

And for confirmation
Hand Crossbow crit confirm: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (17) + 17 = 34
Hand Crossbow crit damage: 2d4 + 32 ⇒ (3, 4) + 32 = 39

Hand Crossbow crit confirm v touch: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13
Hand Crossbow crit damage: 2d4 + 32 ⇒ (3, 2) + 32 = 37

Scarab Sages

Sarsczek Male N Tiefling Slayer 6 / Living Monlith 3, Level 9, Init 3, HP 74/74, DR 1/-, Speed 30 AC 20, Touch 13, Flat-footed 17, CMD 26, Fort 11, Ref 10, Will 8, CMB +13, Base Attack Bonus 8

I'm assuming that the pink spiral is not part of the foliage. If it is... well... double move instead.

Sarsczek runs past Peribras and snaps a bite at the remaining dwarf.

Provokes an AoO

Bite, Wrap, Flank, PA, Bless: 1d20 + 14 + 1 + 2 - 3 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 14 + 1 + 2 - 3 + 1 = 33
Damage, PA, Acid, Sneak Attack, Study: 1d6 + 6 + 6 + 1d6 + 3d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 6 + (2) + (3, 3, 3) + 2 = 28

Grand Lodge

Male NG Halfling Ranger 8 | HP 52 | AC 20 (19) T 15 FF 16 (15) (no buckler) | CMB +9, CMD 23 | F: +9, R: +13, W: +7; +2 vs. fear | Init: +6 | Perc +15, SM +2, (+5 to both w/perceive cues), low-light vision | Speed 20ft | Favored Enemies: Human +4, Undead +2; Favored Terrain: Urban +4, Underground +2 | Spells: 1st (2), 2nd (2) | Woodland Stride

it is not looking good for that dwarf... Assuming it goes down I will go ahead and make some rolls for Peribras. Will wait to give Darkpaw's actions until I know for sure about the dwarf. She may finish him off before Peribras goes, or if the others did him in she'll go after the gnome also

Peribras, having tracked the gnome from the corner of his eye, turns his bow to it now that he is safe from the dwarf. He unleashes a pair of arrows at it.

+3 darkwood comp. +2 str longbow, bracers of archery, deadly aim, bless: 1d20 + 17 + 1 - 3 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 17 + 1 - 3 + 1 = 34
cold iron, piercing, magic: 1d6 + 5 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 6 = 17

+3 darkwood comp. +2 str longbow, bracers of archery, deadly aim, bless: 1d20 + 12 + 1 - 3 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 12 + 1 - 3 + 1 = 21
cold iron, piercing, magic: 1d6 + 5 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 6 = 14

Dark Archive

CN F Half-Elf Oracle 8 | HP 58/78 (if took 20 from life link) | AC 27 | T 13 | FF 25 | CMD 18 | Fort +9 | Ref +7 | Will +11 | Init +2 | Perc +2 | Spells Left (2,6,3,2) | resist energy (fire)
GM Cwethan wrote:
It would normally take a move action to specifically make the perception check, but I'd imagine that if you're targeting her it's with a spell anyways. Feel free to keep the roll if that's what you decide Luminae.

Apologies. I thought this was a reactive check. Thank you for letting me use the roll. I would use my move action to try to detect her, mostly because I can't reach Peribras to heal them.

Lifelink: Peribras heals for 5. Luminae takes 5.

Luminae slowly feels the wounds from shield and hammer moving from Peribras to herself. She does her best to ignore the pain and focus on the spellcaster. "You get right out of there! I'm responsible for this lot and I won't let you kill them! You know how much time I spent pruning this area! You will not use it for cover even if I need to knock a few leaves loose!!"

She calls out a magical incantation that builds in power and results in an explosion of sound focused on the gnome's hiding place.

Move action for Perception and then cast sound burst on the gnome.

Sonic Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 3
The gnome takes 3 sonic damage and must make a DC 17 Fortitude save or she is stunned for one round.

The Exchange

active effects:
wildshape (50m), barkskin (40m), longstrider (6h), bone fists (6m), resist fire 20, heroism (50m), bulls strength(6m)
Male Tengu Barbarian (untamed rager) 2/Brawler (snakebite striker) 1/Druid (kraken caller) 4 | AC 30 T 19 FF 21 | HP [54/54] 54/54 | F +14 R +10 W +10 | Init +3 | Perc +14 (17 in bright light) lowlight vision | rage (11/13) | supplies (7/7)

"Eh, a little wizard, yes? Let's go find her."

Malachi trots along the path towards the gnome, then releases a burst of light.

Move action along path, assuming path is not difficult terrain, then cast Faerie Fire to outline the gnome.

Grand Lodge

Tian-Shu Human Kineticist L7 | HP: 73+7/73+7 NL21 | AC:23+1 T:14+1 FF:20 (25% miss ranged except massive wpns & rays) | CMB:6+2 CMD:19+1 | Saves F:13+1+2 R:11+1+2 W:8+2 (+2 vs heat, breaths, clouds, gases) | Init:+3 | Per:+13+2 | Spd: 30 fly 60(gd) | Reroll: 1/1 | Status: burn 3/9 | Buffer: 1/1 | Fortification 0% | Air Wysp HP: 36/36 | Conditions: elemental overflow (+2 Dex, +2 Con); heroism (50m)

With the bulk of the Pathfinders' attention on the dwarf, Fung swivels in the air to fly towards the gnome wizard. Again, he summons a massive blast of air and sends it slamming down on the caster.

vs purple: Air Wysp Aura, Elemental Overflow (Dex & Con), PBS, Bless
Burn: Thundering Infusion (+1), Infusion Specialist (-1)
air blast: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 9 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 26 bludgeoning dmg: 4d6 + 9 + 1 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (1, 1, 4, 6) + 9 + 1 + 4 + 1 = 27
concealment: 1d100 ⇒ 79 (In case needed)
Fort DC18 or deafened.


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

In a hail of bolts, arrows, blasts and bites, both of the remaining Astral Pirates are swiftly dispatched! Faerie Fire and Sound Burst can be saved

The monks are grateful that you have driven off the worst of the invaders, but Aram Zey's booming voice quickly reminds you that your task is not yet done!

"A force of Aslynn's drow is descending upon our ratfolk allies in the caverns of Round Mountain. Don’t let your guard down—I can’t shake the sense that there’s more to these drow than it seems..."

Ten more minutes later

You've been pacing through caverns of rough natural stone, trying to track down the advance scouts of the warband, when Sarsczek notices a deep, dark chasm with a long line of dark torches. Flames are burning, but they give off no light.

A strange noise sounds in the depths of the chasm, but before you can react, a pair of crossbow bolts fly out of the darkness across the abyss!

Perception:
Malachi: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (8) + 14 = 22+3 more in bright light
Luminae: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Sarsczek: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18 +3 vs Traps
Polly: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (2) + 18 = 20
Fung: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28
Zera: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (9) + 15 = 24
Peribras, perceive cues: 1d20 + 15 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 15 + 5 = 23
Darkpaw: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

Initiative:
Malachi: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Luminae: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Sarsczek: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Fung: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Zera: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
Peribras: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Mysterious Archers: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Mysterious Rumblings: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

Crossbow @ Mal: 1d20 + 13 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 13 + 2 - 2 = 31
Piercing + Cold: 2d10 + 5 + 1d6 ⇒ (7, 4) + 5 + (1) = 17
Crossbow @ Peribras: 1d20 + 13 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 13 + 2 - 2 = 25
Piercing + Cold: 2d10 + 5 + 1d6 ⇒ (7, 5) + 5 + (5) = 22

Ceiling is 30' high.
Chasm is quite deep.
Other black spaces are walls
Dark. Squiggly yellow lines are as far as your light extends.
The Bold May Go!

Malachi -17 DC 13 Fort Save or Unconscious
Luminae Probably healed by now of the -5
Sarsczek
Peribras
-22 DC 13 Fort Save or UnconsciousProbably healed by now of the -43
Archers
Zera
Rumblings in the Chasm
Fung

The Exchange

active effects:
wildshape (50m), barkskin (40m), longstrider (6h), bone fists (6m), resist fire 20, heroism (50m), bulls strength(6m)
Male Tengu Barbarian (untamed rager) 2/Brawler (snakebite striker) 1/Druid (kraken caller) 4 | AC 30 T 19 FF 21 | HP [54/54] 54/54 | F +14 R +10 W +10 | Init +3 | Perc +14 (17 in bright light) lowlight vision | rage (11/13) | supplies (7/7)

GM, if Malachi steps forwards does his Wayfinder continue to light the way ahead, or is it ineffective?

Fort save: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32

In between the encounters, if possible could somebody UMD Mal's wand of Shield to recharge his ioun stone please? I think Fung can attempt it.

Grand Lodge

Male NG Halfling Ranger 8 | HP 52 | AC 20 (19) T 15 FF 16 (15) (no buckler) | CMB +9, CMD 23 | F: +9, R: +13, W: +7; +2 vs. fear | Init: +6 | Perc +15, SM +2, (+5 to both w/perceive cues), low-light vision | Speed 20ft | Favored Enemies: Human +4, Undead +2; Favored Terrain: Urban +4, Underground +2 | Spells: 1st (2), 2nd (2) | Woodland Stride

gonna go ahead and vast Perceive Cues after the last fight. Might as well use it before the scenario ends.
EDIT: oh good, you factored it in already

Luminae would have taken all but 3 of Peribras damage via life link on the way. I always like my Life Oracle to manage the healing herself, so I'll assume Luminae does the same. Peribras will offer charges from his wand but I suspect they'll be unnecessary.

fortitude: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
GM star reroll: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 9 + 1 = 18

Now that I've assessed the situation I'm going to see if anyone has a solution for this effectively invisible foe


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Wayfinder is ineffective

The Exchange

active effects:
wildshape (50m), barkskin (40m), longstrider (6h), bone fists (6m), resist fire 20, heroism (50m), bulls strength(6m)
Male Tengu Barbarian (untamed rager) 2/Brawler (snakebite striker) 1/Druid (kraken caller) 4 | AC 30 T 19 FF 21 | HP [54/54] 54/54 | F +14 R +10 W +10 | Init +3 | Perc +14 (17 in bright light) lowlight vision | rage (11/13) | supplies (7/7)

Finding the wayfinder to be insufficient, Malachi draws a vial of magical oil from his pouch and pours it over his armour. Using an Oil of Daylight

"Eh, that should do the trick yes. Hunt them down, the scurvy swabs!"


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

The torches flare into light as Malachi's oil takes effect, throwing light into the darkness, but the crossbowmen aren't revealed in the bright daylight...

Ceiling is 30' high.
Chasm is quite deep.
Other black spaces are walls
Dark
The Bold May Go!

Malachi -17 60' of bright light. 60 more feet of dim light
Luminae Probably healed by now of the -5
Sarsczek
Peribras -22
(Probably healed by now of the -43)
Archers
Zera
Rumblings in the Chasm
Fung

Dark Archive

CN F Half-Elf Oracle 8 | HP 58/78 (if took 20 from life link) | AC 27 | T 13 | FF 25 | CMD 18 | Fort +9 | Ref +7 | Will +11 | Init +2 | Perc +2 | Spells Left (2,6,3,2) | resist energy (fire)

Healing Accounting:

Energy Body x3: 3d6 + 24 ⇒ (2, 3, 3) + 24 = 32
Channel Positive Energy: 4d6 ⇒ (4, 3, 2, 6) = 15
I could be more efficient, but I mostly want to focus on the rest of the turn.

I heal up Peribras and myself up to full on the way here.

Life Link: Peribras and Malachi heal 5. Luminae takes 10.

"Bah, I should have taken up those priests of Saerenrae on their offer for scrolls of light. Good you had something to push that back Malachi, last thing we need is arrows from the darkness." She looks warily at the darkness before adding, "All of you be careful about the chasm, I can't have any of you fall into there."

Luminae will grant another casting of bless to the party.

GM: Daylight seems to be working, but I was curious if you would think that the light from energy body would be suppressed by the darkness or not, or bring the darkness up to dim. If I would even know without testing it here.

Energy Body:
Energy Body (Su): As a standard action, you can transform your body into pure life energy, resembling a golden-white fire elemental. In this form, you gain the elemental subtype and give off a warm, welcoming light that increases the light level within 10 feet by one step, up to normal light. ...


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

My take would be that energy body would bring darkness up to dim light even within the range of a darkness spell or whatever this is ;-p

Scarab Sages

Sarsczek Male N Tiefling Slayer 6 / Living Monlith 3, Level 9, Init 3, HP 74/74, DR 1/-, Speed 30 AC 20, Touch 13, Flat-footed 17, CMD 26, Fort 11, Ref 10, Will 8, CMB +13, Base Attack Bonus 8

Sarsczek nods towards Malachai, then creeps closer, inspecting the structural integrity of the bridge across.

Perception (Trapfinding): 1d20 + 10 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 10 + 3 = 22


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Sarsczek finds a few unpleasant surprises as he draws closer. In the shadows across the chasm he sees two Drow markswomen, backs pressed against towering stalagmites. Though they're still successfully hiding from the rest of y'all in the dim light

Also, in the chasm, is a tarantula that could scarf down an elephant!

But the bridge looks good...


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

The drow that Sarsczek spotted launch another pair of bolts at the still unaware archer before retreating once more into the shadows. However, this time Peribras is able to track the path of the southern one where she waits behind a stalagmite...

Crossbow: 1d20 + 13 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 13 - 2 = 24
Piercing + Cold: 1d10 + 1 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 4 + (4) = 11
Crossbow: 1d20 + 13 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 13 - 2 = 17
Piercing + Cold: 1d10 + 1 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 4 + (5) = 13

GM Screen:
1d20 ⇒ 171d20 ⇒ 8

Ceiling is 30' high.
Chasm is quite deep.
Other black spaces are walls
Dark
#Blessed
The Bold May Go!

Malachi -12 60' of bright light. 60 more feet of dim light
Luminae -10
Sarsczek
Peribras -41 2x Fort DC 13 or unconscious
Archers (Peribras knows exactly where Blue is. Red unknown location)
Zera
Gargantuan Tarantula!
Fung

Grand Lodge

F Human Bolt Ace 5, Brawler 2, Weaponmaster 2. |HP 76/76| AC 24 /T18 /FF17 | init +9 | CMD 26| Fort 14/Ref 16/Will 6|Grit 3/4| Martial flexibility 2/4| Boots of Speed 7/10

Zera will delay until the gargantula moves out of the pit. Not much I can do that wouldn't put myself in a really bad spot atm

Dark Archive

CN F Half-Elf Oracle 8 | HP 58/78 (if took 20 from life link) | AC 27 | T 13 | FF 25 | CMD 18 | Fort +9 | Ref +7 | Will +11 | Init +2 | Perc +2 | Spells Left (2,6,3,2) | resist energy (fire)

Reminder that we have both of this bonuses from aid coming from our allies here. I don't believe we haven't used either of them

GM Cwethan wrote:

The kappa of the lake will follow you guys around heaping praise upon you. The group gains one free use of the Aid Token’s Timely Inspiration benefit that the PCs can activate at their discretion.

...

Also, since the Muckmouth have all those magical supplies and don't need to worry about being devoured by serpentine undead, they've sent along a priest to heal you at need. You can use a Burst of Healing Aid Token once for free!

Depending on how the party feels, this might be a good time to use that timely inspiration with that Tarantula.

Scarab Sages

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Sarsczek Male N Tiefling Slayer 6 / Living Monlith 3, Level 9, Init 3, HP 74/74, DR 1/-, Speed 30 AC 20, Touch 13, Flat-footed 17, CMD 26, Fort 11, Ref 10, Will 8, CMB +13, Base Attack Bonus 8

Option 1: Use Timely Inspiration on the Tarantula
Option 2: Save it for later, forget, and never use it
Hmm.....


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

The tarantula surges up out of the chasm, tremendous mandibles closing around Sarsczek but narrowly failing to bite home!

Bite: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (4) + 15 = 19

Ceiling is 30' high.
Chasm is quite deep.
Other black spaces are walls
Dark
#Blessed
The Bold May Go!

Malachi -12 60' of bright light. 60 more feet of dim light
Luminae -10
Sarsczek
Peribras -41 2x Fort DC 13 or unconscious. May go twice

Archers (Peribras knows exactly where Blue is. Red unknown location)
Gargantula! (back half still down in the chasm)
Zera
Fung

Dark Archive

CN F Half-Elf Oracle 8 | HP 58/78 (if took 20 from life link) | AC 27 | T 13 | FF 25 | CMD 18 | Fort +9 | Ref +7 | Will +11 | Init +2 | Perc +2 | Spells Left (2,6,3,2) | resist energy (fire)

Malachi and Peribras heal for 5. Luminae takes 10.

Luminae winces as the mandibles come down on Sarsczek; she releases some of the tension as he comes out unharmed. Muttering something about luck she channels more healing energy to heal the injuries of the party.

5 ft. step and channel energy excluding spider

Channel Energy: Healing: 4d6 ⇒ (2, 6, 4, 2) = 14

I think that puts damage on the three of us at:
Malachi -0
Luminae -6
Peribras -22

Scarab Sages

Sarsczek Male N Tiefling Slayer 6 / Living Monlith 3, Level 9, Init 3, HP 74/74, DR 1/-, Speed 30 AC 20, Touch 13, Flat-footed 17, CMD 26, Fort 11, Ref 10, Will 8, CMB +13, Base Attack Bonus 8

Sarsczek scours through the deepest recesses of his mind. "Hrmm... big spider... how to deal with big spider..."

Suddenly, some Timely Inspiration comes to him! "I know! Bite it!"

Activating Timely Inspiration. If SOMEHOW someone manages to get to the other side of the Gargantula and give me a flank... that'd be awesome. Either way imma 5-ft step, lunge, and full attack it, although a flank = free study + sneak attack...

Grand Lodge

Tian-Shu Human Kineticist L7 | HP: 73+7/73+7 NL21 | AC:23+1 T:14+1 FF:20 (25% miss ranged except massive wpns & rays) | CMB:6+2 CMD:19+1 | Saves F:13+1+2 R:11+1+2 W:8+2 (+2 vs heat, breaths, clouds, gases) | Init:+3 | Per:+13+2 | Spd: 30 fly 60(gd) | Reroll: 1/1 | Status: burn 3/9 | Buffer: 1/1 | Fortification 0% | Air Wysp HP: 36/36 | Conditions: elemental overflow (+2 Dex, +2 Con); heroism (50m)

In the bright light cast by Malachi, Fung stares in awe at the gigantic spider and decides to focus his attention to bring it down quickly. He drifts slightly closer and releases a thundering blast of electricity at the creature.

vs purple: Air Wysp Aura, Elemental Overflow (Dex & Con), PBS, Bless
Burn: Thundering Infusion (+1), Empowered (+1), Infusion Specialist (-1), Gather Power (-1)
electric blast vs TAC: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 18 bludgeoning dmg: 4d6 + 2 + 1 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (2, 5, 4, 1) + 2 + 1 + 4 + 1 = 20
Empowered dmg = 20x1.5 = 30
Fort DC18 or deafened.

The Exchange

active effects:
wildshape (50m), barkskin (40m), longstrider (6h), bone fists (6m), resist fire 20, heroism (50m), bulls strength(6m)
Male Tengu Barbarian (untamed rager) 2/Brawler (snakebite striker) 1/Druid (kraken caller) 4 | AC 30 T 19 FF 21 | HP [54/54] 54/54 | F +14 R +10 W +10 | Init +3 | Perc +14 (17 in bright light) lowlight vision | rage (11/13) | supplies (7/7)

I think we could manage single attacks with flanking Sarsczek, but it's probably better to full attack.

Malachi edges around the stalagmite to face down the enormous arachnid - he swings his hammer, hoping to crush the bug.

raging hammer, power attack, inspired, polly: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 10 + 2 + 1 = 16damage: 1d12 + 14 ⇒ (7) + 14 = 21
raging hammer, power attack, inspired, iterative: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 5 + 2 = 16damage: 1d12 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15

not so inspiring :(

The Exchange

F very rare parrot-hawk familiar (emissary) 4 | AC 17 T 15 FF 14 | HP 27/27 | F +9 R +6 W +6 | CMD 14 | Init +3 | Perc +19 (10) lowlight vision

Polly flies off to support Peribras. move, cast Guidance on Peri.

Grand Lodge

F Human Bolt Ace 5, Brawler 2, Weaponmaster 2. |HP 76/76| AC 24 /T18 /FF17 | init +9 | CMD 26| Fort 14/Ref 16/Will 6|Grit 3/4| Martial flexibility 2/4| Boots of Speed 7/10

Zera finally sees the spider that Sarsczek had warned about, and tries to see how many of it's eyes she can hit at once.

1 more charge from boots of haste, 2 more grit to make 2 go against touch

Hand Crossbow full attack: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (2) + 17 = 19
Hand Crossbow damage: 1d4 + 16 ⇒ (1) + 16 = 17

Hand Crossbow full attack: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (19) + 17 = 36
Hand Crossbow damage: 1d4 + 16 ⇒ (1) + 16 = 17

Hand Crossbow full attack: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (11) + 17 = 28
Hand Crossbow damage: 1d4 + 16 ⇒ (1) + 16 = 17

Hand Crossbow full attack v touch: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32
Hand Crossbow damage: 1d4 + 16 ⇒ (4) + 16 = 20

Hand Crossbow full attack v touch: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15
Hand Crossbow damage: 1d4 + 16 ⇒ (4) + 16 = 20

Critical confirm

Hand Crossbow crit confirm: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (4) + 17 = 21
Hand Crossbow extra crit damage: 2d4 + 32 ⇒ (3, 2) + 32 = 37

Hand Crossbow crit confirm v touch: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23
Hand Crossbow extra crit damage: 2d4 + 32 ⇒ (2, 3) + 32 = 37


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Didn't make the difference, but don't forget your bless guys!

Fort: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (4) + 14 = 18

Fung and Zera send the tarantula reeling, clearly stunned by the ferocious resistance by its prey!

Net -1 Grit

Ceiling is 30' high.
Chasm is quite deep.
Other black spaces are walls
Dark
#Blessed
The Bold May Go!

Malachi 60' of bright light. 60 more feet of dim light
Luminae -6
Sarsczek
Peribras -22 2x Fort DC 13 or unconscious. May go twice, Guidance

Archers (Peribras knows exactly where Blue is. Red unknown location)
Gargantula! -107 (back half still down in the chasm)
Zera
Fung

Zera, sorry I hadn't caught this earlier. Are you applying Deadly Aim to your touch attacks? I'm unaware of an exception for Bolt Aces in that regard. (And since I have a Bolt Ace I'd love to hear about it if there is!)

Scarab Sages

Sarsczek Male N Tiefling Slayer 6 / Living Monlith 3, Level 9, Init 3, HP 74/74, DR 1/-, Speed 30 AC 20, Touch 13, Flat-footed 17, CMD 26, Fort 11, Ref 10, Will 8, CMB +13, Base Attack Bonus 8

With allies in as best of a position as he can hope, Sarsczek decides to figure out what a tarantuan gargantula tastes like.

5 ft step, lunge, full attack.

Bite, Wrap, PA, Bless, Inspire: 1d20 + 14 + 1 - 3 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 14 + 1 - 3 + 1 + 2 = 27
Damage, Wrap, PA, Inspire, Acid: 1d6 + 5 + 1 + 6 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 1 + 6 + 2 + (6) = 21

Claw, Wrap, PA, Bless, Inspire: 1d20 + 14 + 1 - 3 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 14 + 1 - 3 + 1 + 2 = 35
Damage, Wrap, PA, Inspire, Acid: 1d4 + 5 + 1 + 6 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 1 + 6 + 2 + (1) = 17

Claw, PA, Bless, Inspire: 1d20 + 14 + 1 - 3 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 14 + 1 - 3 + 1 = 24
Damage, PA, Inspire, Acid: 1d6 + 5 + 6 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 6 + 2 + (3) = 20

Confirm Claw: 1d20 + 14 + 1 - 3 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 14 + 1 - 3 + 1 + 2 = 18
Damage, Wrap, Inspire, PA: 1d4 + 5 + 1 + 2 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 1 + 2 + 6 = 15

Grand Lodge

F Human Bolt Ace 5, Brawler 2, Weaponmaster 2. |HP 76/76| AC 24 /T18 /FF17 | init +9 | CMD 26| Fort 14/Ref 16/Will 6|Grit 3/4| Martial flexibility 2/4| Boots of Speed 7/10

I have been applying DA to my touch attacks. As my understanding on the EXACT wording of the rules on this...

"Sharp Shoot (Ex) At 1st level, a bolt ace can resolve an attack against touch AC instead of normal AC when firing a crossbow at a target within its first range increment. Performing this deed costs 1 grit point. This deed’s cost cannot be reduced by any ability or effect that reduces the amount of grit points a deed costs (such as Signature Deed)."

It is not a ranged touch attack, it is a ranged attack that resolves against touch AC. I believe it is worded that way because of the ruling on firearms that says they are allowed to make attacks with deadly aim, and the Sharp Shoot ability is supposed to replicate that effect. I think the intent of the "No deadly aim on touch attacks" thing was so that you cant deadly aim spells. Of course, if you do not think that is the case, then I would be happy to note that for future attack rolls.


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Okay, I don't think there's really any daylight between an attack that targets touch AC and a touch attack, so I'm gonna stick with my ruling on that.

Reflex: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19
Fort: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25

Sarsczek gets a mouthful of profoundly unpleasant hairs, but thankfully doesn't have to touch the tarantula any more than that as it curls up and pitches into the chasm!

Ceiling is 30' high.
Chasm is quite deep.
Other black spaces are walls
Dark
#Blessed
The Bold May Go!

Malachi 60' of bright light. 60 more feet of dim light
Luminae -6
Sarsczek
Peribras -22 2x Fort DC 13 or unconscious. May go twice, Guidance
Archers (Peribras knows exactly where Blue is. Red unknown location)
Zera
Fung

Grand Lodge

**OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT**

Aram Zey speaks out through the tapestry. “The assault from the Astral Plane has been turned aside! But the tapestry remains in danger. Fight on!”

GMs, the Astral Invaders Retreat condition on page 29 is in effect.

Dark Archive

CN F Half-Elf Oracle 8 | HP 58/78 (if took 20 from life link) | AC 27 | T 13 | FF 25 | CMD 18 | Fort +9 | Ref +7 | Will +11 | Init +2 | Perc +2 | Spells Left (2,6,3,2) | resist energy (fire)

If I were to suggest actions for Peribras, it would be that to drink one of the potions of cure moderate wounds for the first turn (since the spider was still within the pit), and spend the this turn attacking the blue archer.

Grand Lodge

Male NG Halfling Ranger 8 | HP 52 | AC 20 (19) T 15 FF 16 (15) (no buckler) | CMB +9, CMD 23 | F: +9, R: +13, W: +7; +2 vs. fear | Init: +6 | Perc +15, SM +2, (+5 to both w/perceive cues), low-light vision | Speed 20ft | Favored Enemies: Human +4, Undead +2; Favored Terrain: Urban +4, Underground +2 | Spells: 1st (2), 2nd (2) | Woodland Stride

I believe Peribras knew where an Archer was last round. He'll spend both rounds attacking them

fortitude: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25

fortitude: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

Peribras keeps his attention on the drow as the party takes out the spider.

Round 1
+3 darkwood comp. +2 str longbow, bracers of archery, deadly aim, bless: 1d20 + 17 + 1 - 3 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 17 + 1 - 3 + 1 = 35
cold iron, piercing, magic: 1d6 + 5 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 6 = 17

+3 darkwood comp. +2 str longbow, bracers of archery, deadly aim, bless: 1d20 + 12 + 1 - 3 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 12 + 1 - 3 + 1 = 21
cold iron, piercing, magic: 1d6 + 5 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 6 = 15

Round 2
+3 darkwood comp. +2 str longbow, bracers of archery, deadly aim, bless, inspired: 1d20 + 17 + 1 - 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 17 + 1 - 3 + 1 + 1 = 22
cold iron, piercing, magic: 1d6 + 5 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 6 + 1 = 13

+3 darkwood comp. +2 str longbow, bracers of archery, deadly aim, bless, guidance, inspired: 1d20 + 12 + 1 - 3 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 12 + 1 - 3 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 32
cold iron, piercing, magic: 1d6 + 5 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 6 + 1 = 14


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Round one's good, but during your second round the drow is entirely out of line of sight, even if you know where she is. Buuuuut (checks notes) being in Astral Retreat drops her to half health, so...

Around you hear more an more reports that the drow are being pushed back, and Peribras continues the trend, quickly killing one of the archers!

The remaining one emerges from behind one of the giant stalagmites, sniping back at Zera from hiding now that her rival crossbow maven is in clear sight.

Crossbow: 1d20 + 13 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 13 - 2 = 22 v. flat-footed
Piercing + Cold: 1d10 + 1 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (10) + 1 + 4 + (6) = 21

Ceiling is 30' high.
Chasm is quite deep.
Other black spaces are walls
Dark
#Blessed
The Bold May Go!

Malachi 60' of bright light. 60 more feet of dim light
Luminae -6
Sarsczek
Peribras -22

Archers (Blue -32)
Zera -21 DC 13 Fort or unconscious
Fung

Grand Lodge

F Human Bolt Ace 5, Brawler 2, Weaponmaster 2. |HP 76/76| AC 24 /T18 /FF17 | init +9 | CMD 26| Fort 14/Ref 16/Will 6|Grit 3/4| Martial flexibility 2/4| Boots of Speed 7/10

The "lets take my turn not-a-one" check.

fort save vs poison: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (8) + 14 = 22

Zera does a sharp intake of air as she is struck by the arrow. "Sorry Luminae! I think those bolts might be poisoned, can you look at that later?"

Zera runs behind the pillar, and uses martial flexibility to gain Far Shot in anticipation for next turn.

Grand Lodge

Male NG Halfling Ranger 8 | HP 52 | AC 20 (19) T 15 FF 16 (15) (no buckler) | CMB +9, CMD 23 | F: +9, R: +13, W: +7; +2 vs. fear | Init: +6 | Perc +15, SM +2, (+5 to both w/perceive cues), low-light vision | Speed 20ft | Favored Enemies: Human +4, Undead +2; Favored Terrain: Urban +4, Underground +2 | Spells: 1st (2), 2nd (2) | Woodland Stride

Peribras turns his attention to the other archer.

+3 darkwood comp. +2 str longbow, bracers of archery, deadly aim, bless: 1d20 + 17 + 1 - 3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 17 + 1 - 3 + 1 = 19
cold iron, piercing, magic: 1d6 + 5 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 6 = 16

+3 darkwood comp. +2 str longbow, bracers of archery, deadly aim, bless: 1d20 + 12 + 1 - 3 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 12 + 1 - 3 + 1 = 30
cold iron, piercing, magic: 1d6 + 5 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 6 = 17

Scarab Sages

Sarsczek Male N Tiefling Slayer 6 / Living Monlith 3, Level 9, Init 3, HP 74/74, DR 1/-, Speed 30 AC 20, Touch 13, Flat-footed 17, CMD 26, Fort 11, Ref 10, Will 8, CMB +13, Base Attack Bonus 8

Sarsczek moves forward to press the advantage and keep some pressure on the archer. Double move

"I do fink givin up may be a good idea for you... or imma bite'tcha"

Dark Archive

CN F Half-Elf Oracle 8 | HP 58/78 (if took 20 from life link) | AC 27 | T 13 | FF 25 | CMD 18 | Fort +9 | Ref +7 | Will +11 | Init +2 | Perc +2 | Spells Left (2,6,3,2) | resist energy (fire)

Lifelink: Zera and Peribras heal for 5. Luminae takes 10.

Luminae gives an over exaggerated sigh that is interrupted a cough catching her off guard. She moves to look at Zera's wound holding her shield up to other side of the chasm. She shaker her head at Zera as she still agrees to provide aid. "Sure. I'll take a look at it later, but if you feel weak get over to me. I rather fix a problem than let it fester."

"Like the archer over there. You best be giving up. I'm sure there is some god out there that cares about patching your wounds, trying to redeem you and garbage like that. I won't stand for you hurting my charges or any other of our allies here."

Cure Moderate Wounds on Self: 2d8 + 8 ⇒ (7, 8) + 8 = 23


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Peribras's arrows drive the drow further back into cover, but she looks as though she's planning to continue the fight!

Ceiling is 30' high.
Chasm is quite deep.
Other black spaces are walls
Dark
#Blessed
The Bold May Go!

Malachi 60' of bright light. 60 more feet of dim light
Luminae
Sarsczek
Peribras -17
Archers Red-17
Zera -16
Fung

Grand Lodge

Tian-Shu Human Kineticist L7 | HP: 73+7/73+7 NL21 | AC:23+1 T:14+1 FF:20 (25% miss ranged except massive wpns & rays) | CMB:6+2 CMD:19+1 | Saves F:13+1+2 R:11+1+2 W:8+2 (+2 vs heat, breaths, clouds, gases) | Init:+3 | Per:+13+2 | Spd: 30 fly 60(gd) | Reroll: 1/1 | Status: burn 3/9 | Buffer: 1/1 | Fortification 0% | Air Wysp HP: 36/36 | Conditions: elemental overflow (+2 Dex, +2 Con); heroism (50m)

"Whew," Fung sighs in relief as the spider drops out of sight, hopefully for good. He flies deeper over the chasm, glancing down for signs of the spider just in case. The drow hiding behind the column is in full view for him and he releases a bolt of lightning at the figure.

vs red: Air Wysp Aura, Elemental Overflow (Dex & Con), PBS, Bless
Burn: Thundering Infusion (+1), Infusion Specialist (-1)
electric blast vs TAC: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 9 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 28 electric dmg: 4d6 + 2 + 1 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (5, 1, 3, 4) + 2 + 1 + 4 + 1 = 21
Fort DC18 or deafened.

Grand Lodge

F Human Bolt Ace 5, Brawler 2, Weaponmaster 2. |HP 76/76| AC 24 /T18 /FF17 | init +9 | CMD 26| Fort 14/Ref 16/Will 6|Grit 3/4| Martial flexibility 2/4| Boots of Speed 7/10

Zera steps out from behind her cover and taunts with "Well, we warned you!" and trains her eye on the distant target before unleashing a volley.

Second range increment, so I am losing PBS, but this is why I learned far shot

Hand Crossbow full attack: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (15) + 14 = 29
Hand Crossbow damage: 1d4 + 15 ⇒ (4) + 15 = 19

Hand Crossbow full attack: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26
Hand Crossbow damage: 1d4 + 15 ⇒ (1) + 15 = 16

Hand Crossbow full attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
Hand Crossbow damage: 1d4 + 16 ⇒ (3) + 16 = 19

Hand Crossbow full attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
Hand Crossbow damage: 1d4 + 16 ⇒ (1) + 16 = 17


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Fung's blast smashes the archer from her feet, and the caverns fall silent!

Not starting another encounter for now...
Good time to heal before any overseer announcements that might affect timing though, theoretically... ;-)

301 to 350 of 427 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Cwethan's Hao Jin Cataclysm (7-8 Classic) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.