Cwethan's Hao Jin Cataclysm (7-8 Classic) (Inactive)

Game Master Cwethan

Maps & Handouts


251 to 300 of 427 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Bandits of Immenwood | DWK4 || Spell Templates

**OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT**

The waters of the Eternal Lake flow once more, and our repair teams have patched the nearby rift. The kappas make for strange companions, but they have pledged unending loyalty to the Society. The Eternal Lake is secured!

GMs, the Eternal Lake Secured condition on page 11 is in effect!


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Once Luminae and Sarsczek have gotten her listening, Fung and Mal are able to furnish the details of how the enchanted fountain's workings actually help maintain the Tapestry. Since no one has directly indicated that she's ruined things, the dragon, Aoitsun, acquiesces and lets you within the temples walls, where she aids you in restoring the fountain to full function!

The grateful kappas pop up seemingly from nowhere, an gladly share with you the recent goings on within the tapestry.

The main thrust seems to be that since the Aspis Consortium stopped turning up, the tapestry has generally been a more peaceful and stable place—current events aside. However, lowering their voices to hushed whispers, they also share that "Many of us, not just kappa, but other tapestry-types, have begun having terrible nightmares. More than just dreams. They came around about the same time as the strangers. Even stranger than you lot they are, with purple skin and evil eyes."

Okay agents, where to!


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Once Luminae and Sarsczek have gotten her listening, Fung and Mal are able to furnish the details of how the enchanted fountain's workings actually help maintain the Tapestry. Since no one has directly indicated that she's ruined things, the dragon, Aoitsun, acquiesces and lets you within the temples walls, where she aids you in restoring the fountain to full function!

The grateful kappas pop up seemingly from nowhere, an gladly share with you the recent goings on within the tapestry.

The main thrust seems to be that since the Aspis Consortium stopped turning up, the tapestry has generally been a more peaceful and stable place—current events aside. However, lowering their voices to hushed whispers, they also share that "Many of us, not just kappa, but other tapestry-types, have begun having terrible nightmares. More than just dreams. They came around about the same time as the strangers. Even stranger than you lot they are, with purple skin and evil eyes."

The kappa of the lake will follow you guys around heaping praise upon you. The group gains one free use
of the Aid Token’s Timely Inspiration benefit that the PCs
can activate at their discretion. (And for what it's worth, y'all were the last success for the fountain. Dennis just beat me to the post :-p

Okay agents, where to!

Scarab Sages

Sarsczek Male N Tiefling Slayer 6 / Living Monlith 3, Level 9, Init 3, HP 74/74, DR 1/-, Speed 30 AC 20, Touch 13, Flat-footed 17, CMD 26, Fort 11, Ref 10, Will 8, CMB +13, Base Attack Bonus 8

Sarsczek waves goodbye and wishes the dragon well in Draconic. "May fair winds ease your passage wherever you fly."

For some reason, Sarsczek's learned languages sound nearly perfectly articulated as through from a textbook, whereas his natural communication is... well...

He waves to the Kappa as well. "Try not ta annoy anyfin else big enuf ta tip you over. We gots ta make sure this place dunnit fall apart! Fanks for all da info... dose ass-piss guys aways up ta no good."

As for where to next... sounds like everything we haven't done has already been finished, so I guess we can go back and see how our buddies are faring against the Duergar or see how our tenuous allies are doing in missions 4 or 5?

Dark Archive

CN F Half-Elf Oracle 8 | HP 58/78 (if took 20 from life link) | AC 27 | T 13 | FF 25 | CMD 18 | Fort +9 | Ref +7 | Will +11 | Init +2 | Perc +2 | Spells Left (2,6,3,2) | resist energy (fire)

"Thank you for trusting us," Luminae offers to the dragon. She gives a respectful node the dragon and is content with word of multiple successes across the plane.

It sets her at just enough ease to be startled by the kappa's sudden appearance. "Well that is great. Dealing with some nightmarish force makes this entire situation so much better."

"Now we have the other matters settled lets go back to the mountain and see making sure they haven't gotten themselves in trouble."

[ooc}I would be fine with going back to Slave Mountain.[/ooc]

Grand Lodge

Bandits of Immenwood | DWK4 || Spell Templates

**OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT**

The repair teams have patched the rift at Round Mountain. Be on the lookout! Before closing the rift, the team glimpsed a mysterious sailing vessel lurking in the Astral Plane. Round Mountain is secured!

In addition, the repair teams have patched the rift at Slave Mountain. Many slaves are now free, and they have pledged their aid! Slave Mountain is also secured!

GMs, the Round Mountain Secured (page 10) and Slave Mountain Secured (page 11) conditions are both in effect.

Scarab Sages

Sarsczek Male N Tiefling Slayer 6 / Living Monlith 3, Level 9, Init 3, HP 74/74, DR 1/-, Speed 30 AC 20, Touch 13, Flat-footed 17, CMD 26, Fort 11, Ref 10, Will 8, CMB +13, Base Attack Bonus 8

On second thought, let's go check up on our new allies... as they are the only ones left in need of help.

Dark Archive

CN F Half-Elf Oracle 8 | HP 58/78 (if took 20 from life link) | AC 27 | T 13 | FF 25 | CMD 18 | Fort +9 | Ref +7 | Will +11 | Init +2 | Perc +2 | Spells Left (2,6,3,2) | resist energy (fire)

"It sounds to me like everyone else has done their job for once. Hopefully this is enough for the archivists to get this rug sorted out. This has been going well, I haven't had to feel much of any your pain on this mission. No exploding skeletons, none of you tried-or got a chance-to punch a porcupine fiend, and giant was brought down before it crushed any of you."

She takes the moment to adjust some of her bindings and bandages on her arms and looking about the plane. "This is probably the most pleasant trip here I've had. Aside from the constant pleas for aid, but you all have been able to deal with them. Good job to all of you."

Scarab Sages

Sarsczek Male N Tiefling Slayer 6 / Living Monlith 3, Level 9, Init 3, HP 74/74, DR 1/-, Speed 30 AC 20, Touch 13, Flat-footed 17, CMD 26, Fort 11, Ref 10, Will 8, CMB +13, Base Attack Bonus 8

"Porcupine fiend? Dat one dinnit taste too bad I fink..."

The Exchange

active effects:
wildshape (50m), barkskin (40m), longstrider (6h), bone fists (6m), resist fire 20, heroism (50m), bulls strength(6m)
Male Tengu Barbarian (untamed rager) 2/Brawler (snakebite striker) 1/Druid (kraken caller) 4 | AC 30 T 19 FF 21 | HP [54/54] 54/54 | F +14 R +10 W +10 | Init +3 | Perc +14 (17 in bright light) lowlight vision | rage (11/13) | supplies (7/7)

"Eh, so what else have you eaten on the job, Sarsczek? I have had cause to peck bandits, kobolds, goblins, sahaugin (Besmara take the lot of 'em, yes), orcs, and plenty of aspis, yes."

Grand Lodge

Bandits of Immenwood | DWK4 || Spell Templates

**OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT**

Our new allies on the patchwork plane have granted the repair teams access to the rift, and it is repaired. These allies can help in the coming battles. The Patchwork Allies are secured!

GMs, the Patchwork Allies Secured condition on page 11 is in effect!

Dark Archive

2 people marked this as a favorite.
CN F Half-Elf Oracle 8 | HP 58/78 (if took 20 from life link) | AC 27 | T 13 | FF 25 | CMD 18 | Fort +9 | Ref +7 | Will +11 | Init +2 | Perc +2 | Spells Left (2,6,3,2) | resist energy (fire)

"The taste is not the problem Sarsczek, but I'm at least very glad that I only can share your pain and not in what you taste."

She shakes her head at both Sarsczek and Malachi. "Why can't you just fight enemies with weapons rather than beating your faces into them?"

Grand Lodge

F Human Bolt Ace 5, Brawler 2, Weaponmaster 2. |HP 76/76| AC 24 /T18 /FF17 | init +9 | CMD 26| Fort 14/Ref 16/Will 6|Grit 3/4| Martial flexibility 2/4| Boots of Speed 7/10

"Well Luminae, someone's gotta do it right? I mean, I do appreciate them giving me the space to line up shots. If you want, I can teach you a little bit of hand-to-hand combat!" Zera strikes a cheesy martial-arts pose, and makes a few punching motions in the air. "Left hook, right hook, Pow!"


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

As you await further developments, more reports come in from some of the other pathfinding teams. Apparently the ratfolk of Round Mountain warned not only of the Aspis Consortium's venomous words, but also of something far more sinister still hiding within the tapestry...

Grand Lodge

**OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT**

Aram Zey stands once more before the tapestry, a renewed light in his sunken eyes. “The Hao Jin Tapestry is stable at last. While you were performing your duties, I have reached a better understanding of the chaos you faced. The tapestry is still in dire condition. Lacking Hao Jin’s own magic, the tapestry has been using small pieces of departing souls to maintain itself over the centuries. This mechanism is depleting the tapestry’s water sources and spawning undead horrors. However, thanks to you, we have time to search for a more permanent fix. For now, get some rest, and—”

The former Master of Spells staggers back as a three-foot tear down the center of the fabric gouts sudden flame. Pathfinder agents flock around him, scrambling to assess the damage. A vein pops out on his forehead, and he yells sharply, “Pathfinders! What have you done?” He cuts himself short, taking a deep breath and muttering to himself, “Keep it together. Don’t take it out on the agents.” Frowning, he returns his gaze to the tapestry, his eyes darting wildly across its surface. When he speaks again, his voice is low and determined, “This new rift is no accident. Something is attacking the tapestry from the Astral Plane. Damage of this magnitude must have spawned hundreds more undead. Quickly, re-enter the demiplane and fend off the invaders!”

GMs, please begin part 3!


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Okay Agents, will you confront the undead? Or beat back the invaders from the Astral Plane?

The Exchange

active effects:
wildshape (50m), barkskin (40m), longstrider (6h), bone fists (6m), resist fire 20, heroism (50m), bulls strength(6m)
Male Tengu Barbarian (untamed rager) 2/Brawler (snakebite striker) 1/Druid (kraken caller) 4 | AC 30 T 19 FF 21 | HP [54/54] 54/54 | F +14 R +10 W +10 | Init +3 | Perc +14 (17 in bright light) lowlight vision | rage (11/13) | supplies (7/7)

"Eh, I think I prefer whatever is in the astral to more undead, yes? I've tasted lacedon flesh, it's not good, you know what I mean Sarsczek, yes?"

Preference for random astral stuff - just because Malachi has no special abilities useful vs undead.

Dark Archive

CN F Half-Elf Oracle 8 | HP 58/78 (if took 20 from life link) | AC 27 | T 13 | FF 25 | CMD 18 | Fort +9 | Ref +7 | Will +11 | Init +2 | Perc +2 | Spells Left (2,6,3,2) | resist energy (fire)

"Anything, but the undead. Lets see what is ruining our hard work."

I have a few abilities that make me better against undead, but fighting the astral stuff sounds like fun.


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

A gaping hole mars the sky of the tapestry. Beyond the rift, dozens of strange vessels float in the Astral Plane, crawling with invaders. Every surface of the tapestry realm stretches and tears as it tries to repair itself, creating more rifts in a slow but devastating chain reaction. The vessels deploy invaders to wreak havoc as the demiplane disintegrates!

You rush back along a familiar desert, not yet revivified by the return of the fountain's waters to see a horde of towering humanoids approaching! From behind you Aram Zey's voice booms, "Pathfinders, these giants may be simpleminded, but our allies can't outwit them without your help. Get out there and teach them a lesson."

Facing off against you are a pair of hideous green-skinned, web-fingered obese giants, cold black eyes stare hungrily out at you from their fish-like faces.

Buffs may be up, but you didn't know exactly how long it would take to find these giants. Subtract 10 minutes from anything you've pre-cast.

Initiative:
Malachi: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Luminae: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Sarsczek: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Fung: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Zera: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
Peribras: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Bad Guys: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

Walls and standing pillars are 10' tall. Pillars are difficult terrain and grant cover (though specific Lines of Sight may downgrade that as normal)
Light: Bright!
The bold may go!

Zera
Malachi

Fish-Giants
Luminae
Peribras
Sarsczek
Fung

Dark Archive

2 people marked this as a favorite.
CN F Half-Elf Oracle 8 | HP 58/78 (if took 20 from life link) | AC 27 | T 13 | FF 25 | CMD 18 | Fort +9 | Ref +7 | Will +11 | Init +2 | Perc +2 | Spells Left (2,6,3,2) | resist energy (fire)

Luminae will cast resist energy (fire) on herself at the start of this. After the 10 minutes there should be 70 minutes left.

Seeing the giant hulking monstrosities Luminae braces herself holding her arm steady as she awaits the charge. "So," she says between gritted teeth, readying magic to fix the damage they will doubtlessly deal, "how about them giants?"

Grand Lodge

F Human Bolt Ace 5, Brawler 2, Weaponmaster 2. |HP 76/76| AC 24 /T18 /FF17 | init +9 | CMD 26| Fort 14/Ref 16/Will 6|Grit 3/4| Martial flexibility 2/4| Boots of Speed 7/10

Zera leaps into action, moving for a degree of cover behind the wall to the north of her position, taking a pot-shot at the red giant before moving.

Hand Crossbow second range increment: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23
Hand Crossbow damage: 1d4 + 15 ⇒ (2) + 15 = 17

"That'll get their attention!"

Scarab Sages

Sarsczek Male N Tiefling Slayer 6 / Living Monlith 3, Level 9, Init 3, HP 74/74, DR 1/-, Speed 30 AC 20, Touch 13, Flat-footed 17, CMD 26, Fort 11, Ref 10, Will 8, CMB +13, Base Attack Bonus 8

"Myfriend watts said he gonna help me write a book bout the 'Flavors of Golarian.' I've bit lotsa mummies... duergar, a worm-that-walks, Slime mold, goblins, kobolds, a Quiploth, Brown mold, a Xorn, Draugr, a Fossegrim, a Wraith, a Spectre, Rakshasa, buncha other Demons and Devils... no Astral creatures yet, I wonder how the-"

He eyes the giants. "Erm..."


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Zera's target gives a burbling roar in answer to her precisely placed bolt, but still looks far from falling...

Walls and standing pillars are 10' tall. Pillars are difficult terrain and grant cover (though specific Lines of Sight may downgrade that as normal)
Light: Bright!
The bold may go!

Zera
Malachi
Fish-Giants
Luminae Fire Resistant
Peribras
Sarsczek
Fung

The Exchange

active effects:
wildshape (50m), barkskin (40m), longstrider (6h), bone fists (6m), resist fire 20, heroism (50m), bulls strength(6m)
Male Tengu Barbarian (untamed rager) 2/Brawler (snakebite striker) 1/Druid (kraken caller) 4 | AC 30 T 19 FF 21 | HP [54/54] 54/54 | F +14 R +10 W +10 | Init +3 | Perc +14 (17 in bright light) lowlight vision | rage (11/13) | supplies (7/7)

"Eh, you think they taste fishy Sarsczek? They look fishy, yes."

Pre-buffs:
Wild shape - tentacles (60mins left), barkskin (50mins left)

"Eh, charging into two of those things probably not clever, yes."

Malachi prepares by casting Shield from his ioun stone, and levelling his hammer.

know.nature(?), polly: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 7 + 1 = 27

iirc it's know.nature for monstrous humanoids, know.local for humanoids; if these are monstrous humanoids I'd like to know special abilities, resistances, DR please.

The Exchange

F very rare parrot-hawk familiar (emissary) 4 | AC 17 T 15 FF 14 | HP 27/27 | F +9 R +6 W +6 | CMD 14 | Init +3 | Perc +19 (10) lowlight vision

Polly casts Guidance on Malachi, then flits back behind Peribras and his mount.


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Local for these Big Boys

The giants advance, one of them menacing Zera in her corner behind the wall, smashing through the masonry to stab her with its strange hooked-gaff, while the other huckis a child-sized rock at Sarsczek's head!

Gaff: 1d20 + 16 - 3 ⇒ (19) + 16 - 3 = 32
Piercing: 4d6 + 12 + 9 ⇒ (6, 1, 2, 5) + 12 + 9 = 35
Rock: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22
Bludgeoning: 4d6 + 9 ⇒ (1, 3, 1, 5) + 9 = 19

Walls and standing pillars are 10' tall. Pillars are difficult terrain and grant cover (though specific Lines of Sight may downgrade that as normal)
Light: Bright!
The bold may go!

Zera -35
Malachi

Fish-Giants
Luminae Fire Resistant
Peribras
Sarsczek -18
Fung

Grand Lodge

F Human Bolt Ace 5, Brawler 2, Weaponmaster 2. |HP 76/76| AC 24 /T18 /FF17 | init +9 | CMD 26| Fort 14/Ref 16/Will 6|Grit 3/4| Martial flexibility 2/4| Boots of Speed 7/10

Zera grimaces as she is hit by the giant. "Ow! Sorry in advance Luminae, that wall is not as sturdy as it looks!" Zera will step back, and click her heels together to get the effects of her Boots of Speed, and fire a volley of shots.
1 charge off of boots of speed, 2 grit to make the last two shots go against touch AC

Hand Crossbow full attack: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (13) + 16 = 29
Hand Crossbow damage: 1d4 + 16 ⇒ (1) + 16 = 17

Hand Crossbow full attack: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (11) + 16 = 27
Hand Crossbow damage: 1d4 + 16 ⇒ (1) + 16 = 17

Hand Crossbow full attack: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (3) + 16 = 19
Hand Crossbow damage: 1d4 + 16 ⇒ (2) + 16 = 18

Hand Crossbow full attack v touch: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17
Hand Crossbow damage: 1d4 + 16 ⇒ (3) + 16 = 19

Hand Crossbow full attack v touch: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22
Hand Crossbow damage: 1d4 + 16 ⇒ (4) + 16 = 20


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Zera's precisely placed bolts leave the wriggling giant reeling! Feebly it brushes its webbed paw of a hand along its neck and torso to snap the bolts off, but it looks as though it still intends to fight!

Walls and standing pillars are 10' tall. Pillars are difficult terrain and grant cover (though specific Lines of Sight may downgrade that as normal)
Light: Bright!
The bold may go!

Zera -35
Malachi
Fish-Giants (Red -90)
Luminae Fire Resistant
Peribras
Sarsczek -18
Fung

Dark Archive

CN F Half-Elf Oracle 8 | HP 58/78 (if took 20 from life link) | AC 27 | T 13 | FF 25 | CMD 18 | Fort +9 | Ref +7 | Will +11 | Init +2 | Perc +2 | Spells Left (2,6,3,2) | resist energy (fire)

Life link: Luminae takes 10. Sarsczek and Zera both heal 5.

"It took out a wall! Why are you still standing in front of it!?" Luminae barks out with a rage as she sees Zera holding position in front of the approaching giant. "Take them down before they deal more damage!"

Luminae casts blessing of fervor on the party and moves north.

Blessing of Fervor Reminder:

For the next 8 rounds every creature in the party is empowered. Each round of the spell you each can choose one of the following at the start of the turn.
  • Increase speed by 30 feet.
  • Stand up as a swift action without provoking an AoO.
  • Take an extra attack as part of a full attack using your highest BAB.
  • Gain a +2 bonus on attack rolls and a +2 dodge bonus on AC and Reflex saves.
  • Cast a single 2nd level spell or lower as though it were enlarged, extended, silent, or still spell.
  • Scarab Sages

    Sarsczek Male N Tiefling Slayer 6 / Living Monlith 3, Level 9, Init 3, HP 74/74, DR 1/-, Speed 30 AC 20, Touch 13, Flat-footed 17, CMD 26, Fort 11, Ref 10, Will 8, CMB +13, Base Attack Bonus 8

    Sarsczek steps forward. "In Tea and Jah, raw fish is called soo-she... I wonder if dese guys count?"

    He takes another step forward, although is rear foot stays where it was and his front foot moves 5 ft forward. Before the giants realize what happened, Sarsczek is nearly as tall as they are. He lunges forward and...

    Free: 5-ft step, Swift: Activate Ka Stone, Full: Lunging full attack vs Red

    Bite (Ka stone, PA, Wrap): 1d20 + 14 + 1 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (5) + 14 + 1 + 1 - 3 = 18
    Damage (Large, Wrap, PA, Acid): 1d8 + 7 + 1 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 1 + 6 + (2) = 19

    Claw (Ka stone, PA, Wrap): 1d20 + 14 + 1 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (7) + 14 + 1 + 1 - 3 = 20
    Damage (Large, Wrap, PA, Acid): 1d6 + 7 + 1 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 1 + 6 + (2) = 19

    Claw (Ka stone, PA): 1d20 + 14 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (10) + 14 + 1 - 3 = 22
    Damage (Large, PA, Acid): 1d6 + 7 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 6 + (5) = 22

    Bite (Fervor), Ka, PA: 1d20 + 14 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (18) + 14 + 1 - 3 = 30
    Damage (Large, PA, Acid): 1d8 + 7 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 6 + (5) = 22

    Current status:
    HP: 61/74
    DR: 2/-
    AC: 16
    Ka Stone Duration: 3 minutes - 1 round


    18/23/28 - 15/17/19

    Sarsczek's surprising surge topples the grotesque giant!

    Walls and standing pillars are 10' tall. Pillars are difficult terrain and grant cover (though specific Lines of Sight may downgrade that as normal)
    Light: Bright!
    Buffs: Blessing of Fervor, Life Link
    The bold may go!

    Zera -30
    Malachi
    Fish-Giants
    Luminae -10, Fire Resistant
    Peribras
    Sarsczek -13
    Fung

    The Exchange

    active effects:
    wildshape (50m), barkskin (40m), longstrider (6h), bone fists (6m), resist fire 20, heroism (50m), bulls strength(6m)
    Male Tengu Barbarian (untamed rager) 2/Brawler (snakebite striker) 1/Druid (kraken caller) 4 | AC 30 T 19 FF 21 | HP [54/54] 54/54 | F +14 R +10 W +10 | Init +3 | Perc +14 (17 in bright light) lowlight vision | rage (11/13) | supplies (7/7)

    Eh, we've so much ranged firepower, best to let them come onto us.

    "So, Sarsczek, does it taste like sushi?"

    Malachi joins the living monolith, but instead of barreling into the second giant he unhooks a steel chakram from his belt and flings it at the fishy monster before returning both hands to his hammer.

    chakram vs fish-giant, BoF, hawkeye, polly: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 9 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 26damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

    that'll barely scratch the giant, but may as well have our ranged strikers soften him up before going into melee.

    Grand Lodge

    Tian-Shu Human Kineticist L7 | HP: 73+7/73+7 NL21 | AC:23+1 T:14+1 FF:20 (25% miss ranged except massive wpns & rays) | CMB:6+2 CMD:19+1 | Saves F:13+1+2 R:11+1+2 W:8+2 (+2 vs heat, breaths, clouds, gases) | Init:+3 | Per:+13+2 | Spd: 30 fly 60(gd) | Reroll: 1/1 | Status: burn 3/9 | Buffer: 1/1 | Fortification 0% | Air Wysp HP: 36/36 | Conditions: elemental overflow (+2 Dex, +2 Con); heroism (50m)

    Fung can’t help but take a moment to stare at the bizarre creature. Although faintly disturbing, it is also quite an eye opener. He finally shakes himself out of his reverie and flies into closer. Without time to gather power, he draws from within and releases a powerful blast of air and electricity to slam into the remaining giant.

    Burn: Thunderstorm Blast (+2), Empowered Metakinesis (+1), Thundering Infusion (+1), Infusion Specialization (-1)
    Air Wysp Aura, Elemental Overflow (Dex & Con), PBS, Blessing of Fervor
    thunderstorm blast: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 9 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 = 26 dmg: 8d6 + 8 + 5 + 1 + 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3, 5, 2, 1, 3, 2, 1, 1) + 8 + 5 + 1 + 4 + 1 + 1 = 38 (half bludgeoning, half electricity) Empowered dmg = 38 x 1.5 = 57
    Fort DC18 or deafened,

    Dark Archive

    CN F Half-Elf Oracle 8 | HP 58/78 (if took 20 from life link) | AC 27 | T 13 | FF 25 | CMD 18 | Fort +9 | Ref +7 | Will +11 | Init +2 | Perc +2 | Spells Left (2,6,3,2) | resist energy (fire)

    Not sure how available Peribras is, but here is a suggested bot and rolls in case it helps.

    Suggested Bot and Rolls:

    Fervor: Increase Darkpaw's speed, give Peribras extra attack.

    Ride to quickly dismount: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (3) + 15 = 18
    Darkpaw moves 40 feet south, Peribras attempts to fast dismount, spends a move action to dismount and then a standard action to take a single shot at the giant.

    Peribras moves into position as he readies his bow. After a dismount it takes a single precise shot at the remaining giant.

    +3 darkwood comp. +2 str longbow, bracers of archery, deadly aim: 1d20 + 17 + 1 - 3 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 17 + 1 - 3 + 1 = 26
    cold iron, piercing, magic: 1d6 + 5 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 6 = 16


    18/23/28 - 15/17/19

    The chakram leaves a thin slice along the giant's arm, but it barely seems to notice. Fung's thunderstorm however, is far more noticeable...

    Fortitude: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19

    The giant manages to keep its hearing, but mainly just by trying to match the roar of the kineticist's blast, decibel for decibel! Its roar cuts off as Peribras's arrow catches it in the gut, but its face contorted with rage, it barrels forward to smash its hook into Fung's side!

    Gaff: 1d20 + 16 - 3 ⇒ (14) + 16 - 3 = 27
    Piercing: 4d6 + 12 + 9 ⇒ (3, 4, 6, 1) + 12 + 9 = 35

    Fits reasonably well with his botting spoiler, I'll take it! Thanks Luminae

    Walls and standing pillars are 10' tall. Pillars are difficult terrain and grant cover (though specific Lines of Sight may downgrade that as normal)
    Light: Bright!
    Buffs: Blessing of Fervor, Life Link
    The bold may go!

    Zera -30
    Malachi

    Fish-Giant -82
    Luminae -10, Fire Resistant
    Peribras
    Sarsczek -13
    Fung -35

    Grand Lodge

    F Human Bolt Ace 5, Brawler 2, Weaponmaster 2. |HP 76/76| AC 24 /T18 /FF17 | init +9 | CMD 26| Fort 14/Ref 16/Will 6|Grit 3/4| Martial flexibility 2/4| Boots of Speed 7/10

    "Alright tall, damp, and ugly! You back away from them!"

    Another flurry of shots, this time using Luminae's fervor for the extra attack

    Hand Crossbow full attack: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (18) + 15 = 33
    Hand Crossbow damage: 1d4 + 16 ⇒ (3) + 16 = 19

    Hand Crossbow full attack: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 25
    Hand Crossbow damage: 1d4 + 16 ⇒ (1) + 16 = 17

    Hand Crossbow full attack: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (6) + 15 = 21
    Hand Crossbow damage: 1d4 + 16 ⇒ (2) + 16 = 18

    Hand Crossbow full attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27
    Hand Crossbow damage: 1d4 + 16 ⇒ (4) + 16 = 20

    Hand Crossbow full attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
    Hand Crossbow damage: 1d4 + 16 ⇒ (4) + 16 = 20

    Critical confirms, please let me know if they do, in fact, confirm for gaining grit

    Hand Crossbow crit confirm: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 25
    Hand Crossbow bonus damage: 2d4 + 32 ⇒ (4, 1) + 32 = 37

    Hand Crossbow crit confirm: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24
    Hand Crossbow bonus damage: 2d4 + 32 ⇒ (4, 1) + 32 = 37

    Dark Archive

    CN F Half-Elf Oracle 8 | HP 58/78 (if took 20 from life link) | AC 27 | T 13 | FF 25 | CMD 18 | Fort +9 | Ref +7 | Will +11 | Init +2 | Perc +2 | Spells Left (2,6,3,2) | resist energy (fire)

    Life link: Zera, Sarsczek, and Fung heal for 5. Luminae takes 15.

    Luminae pushes forward trying to ignore the pain as she berates the giant. "I was almost having a fine time until you lot jumped in smashing everything. Get out of here!"

    Focusing the energy once more she channels positive energy to heal those allies around her.

    Move and channel positive energy, excluding giants

    30 ft Energy Channel: Healing: 4d6 ⇒ (2, 5, 4, 2) = 13


    18/23/28 - 15/17/19

    The giant pitches over early in Zera's hail of bolts!

    Net +2 Grit

    Unfortunately, there's very little time to rest on your laurels as the next word that you hear is that the Temple of Empyreal Enlightenment is under attack! Aram Zey’s voice carries through the tapestry. "I wish I could say I’m surprised that pirates would strike at a time like this. But
    there are always forces lurking in the shadows looking to take advantage of weakness. Don’t let them get away with it."

    ~10 minutes have passed between fights, so Wild Shape, and Resist Energy are still up, and (as long as you actually do so) you have plenty of time to heal en route. Since they literally dropped in, you guys aren't in perfect formation

    Hopping through portals to get there, you discover that the entire monastery is sealed up tight, but as you search for an entrance in the garden, Astral Pirates drop in from the sky! Three armored dwarfs bearing hammers and shields, and a smiling, sickle wielding gnome, they waste no time before striking!

    Initiative:
    Malachi: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
    Luminae: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
    Sarsczek: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
    Fung: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
    Zera: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18
    Peribras: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
    Dwarf Pirates: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
    Gnome Pirate: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

    Squares of foliage are difficult terrain and grant concealment
    The Bold May Go!

    Sarsczek
    Zera (-12)
    Luminae (-13), Fire Resistant
    Fung (-17)
    Peribras

    Gnome
    Malachi
    Dwarfs

    Scarab Sages

    Sarsczek Male N Tiefling Slayer 6 / Living Monlith 3, Level 9, Init 3, HP 74/74, DR 1/-, Speed 30 AC 20, Touch 13, Flat-footed 17, CMD 26, Fort 11, Ref 10, Will 8, CMB +13, Base Attack Bonus 8

    Sarsczek leaps to action quickly. A fraction of a second before a nearby dwarf finishes his landing, Sarsczek is a blur of tooth and claw once again.

    5-ft step, lunging full attack at blue. Hopefully they are flat-footed. Once he successfully sneak attacks a foe he automatically studies his target getting +2 to attack and damage. Bite with wrap last this time to improve odds of hitting with it since it's sleightly higher damage.

    Claw, Wrap, PA: 1d20 + 14 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (7) + 14 + 1 - 3 = 19
    Damage + Acid: 1d4 + 6 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 6 + (2) = 15
    Sneak Attack + Study: 3d6 + 2 ⇒ (6, 1, 1) + 2 = 10

    Claw, PA: 1d20 + 14 - 3 ⇒ (17) + 14 - 3 = 28 +2 if last attack was a sneak attack
    Damage + Acid: 1d4 + 6 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 6 + (5) = 21
    Sneak Attack + Study: 3d6 + 2 ⇒ (4, 1, 2) + 2 = 9

    Bite, Wrap, PA: 1d20 + 14 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (1) + 14 + 1 - 3 = 13 Hah.

    "Erm... so uh... whatcha all doin here droppin on us?"

    Dark Archive

    CN F Half-Elf Oracle 8 | HP 58/78 (if took 20 from life link) | AC 27 | T 13 | FF 25 | CMD 18 | Fort +9 | Ref +7 | Will +11 | Init +2 | Perc +2 | Spells Left (2,6,3,2) | resist energy (fire)

    After the combat Luminae will channel healing to heal the party and use her energy body form to heal herself to full.
    Healing Party: 4d6 ⇒ (5, 4, 4, 4) = 17
    Energy Body Healing Self: 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
    Everyone should be at full health going into this fight.

    ***

    "Hey! You all just get fly yourselves out of here! I worked hard to clear this place out two other times!" She quickly casts a blessing to aid the party in defending this place as she stops over to berate one of the dwarves directly with her shield in hand.

    Casting bless on the party (+1 morale bonus to attacks and saves vs fear), moving up to yellow.


    18/23/28 - 15/17/19

    Flat-Footed, yes. But Concealed, and thus not subject to a Slayer's sneak attack, also yes.
    Concealments: 1d100 ⇒ 611d100 ⇒ 10

    Sarsczek's battles through the shrubbery don't quite go as well as he might have hoped, though at least one of his claw strikes does eat its way through the dwarfs newly pitted armor.

    Squares of foliage are difficult terrain and grant concealment
    #Blessed
    The Bold May Go!

    Sarsczek
    Zera
    Luminae Fire Resistant
    Fung
    Peribras

    Gnome
    Malachi
    Dwarfs (Blue -15)

    Grand Lodge

    F Human Bolt Ace 5, Brawler 2, Weaponmaster 2. |HP 76/76| AC 24 /T18 /FF17 | init +9 | CMD 26| Fort 14/Ref 16/Will 6|Grit 3/4| Martial flexibility 2/4| Boots of Speed 7/10

    "Hey Luminae, duck!" As Zera unleashes a volley of shots on the dwarf closest to our Oracle friend. Using a charge from boots of speed and 2 grit to ensure the last two attacks target touch

    Hand Crossbow full attack: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (3) + 17 = 20
    Hand Crossbow damage: 1d4 + 16 ⇒ (3) + 16 = 19
    concealment: 1d100 ⇒ 65

    Hand Crossbow full attack: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (19) + 17 = 36
    Hand Crossbow damage: 1d4 + 16 ⇒ (4) + 16 = 20
    concealment: 1d100 ⇒ 73

    Hand Crossbow full attack: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (5) + 17 = 22
    Hand Crossbow damage: 1d4 + 16 ⇒ (3) + 16 = 19
    concealment: 1d100 ⇒ 78

    Hand Crossbow full attack v touch: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19
    Hand Crossbow damage: 1d4 + 16 ⇒ (1) + 16 = 17
    concealment: 1d100 ⇒ 2

    Hand Crossbow full attack v touch: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28
    Hand Crossbow damage: 1d4 + 16 ⇒ (3) + 16 = 19
    concealment: 1d100 ⇒ 42

    confirming crit
    Hand Crossbow crit confirm: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (8) + 17 = 25
    Hand Crossbow damage: 2d4 + 32 ⇒ (1, 2) + 32 = 35


    18/23/28 - 15/17/19

    Zera calmly drops the offending dwarf to the ground with the last of her shots. -2+2 Grit, net zero

    Squares of foliage are difficult terrain and grant concealment
    #Blessed
    The Bold May Go!

    Sarsczek
    Zera
    Luminae Fire Resistant
    Fung
    Peribras

    Gnome
    Malachi
    Dwarfs (Blue -15)

    Grand Lodge

    Tian-Shu Human Kineticist L7 | HP: 73+7/73+7 NL21 | AC:23+1 T:14+1 FF:20 (25% miss ranged except massive wpns & rays) | CMB:6+2 CMD:19+1 | Saves F:13+1+2 R:11+1+2 W:8+2 (+2 vs heat, breaths, clouds, gases) | Init:+3 | Per:+13+2 | Spd: 30 fly 60(gd) | Reroll: 1/1 | Status: burn 3/9 | Buffer: 1/1 | Fortification 0% | Air Wysp HP: 36/36 | Conditions: elemental overflow (+2 Dex, +2 Con); heroism (50m)

    Fung flies closer but keeping to the sky this time, hopefully out of reach of the dwarves. (10ft off the ground) He releases a massive blast of air, but the foliage in the air messes up his shot.

    vs blue: Air Wysp Aura, Elemental Overflow (Dex & Con), PBS, Bless
    Burn: Thundering Infusion (+1), Infusion Specialist (-1)
    air blast: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 9 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 25 bludgeoning dmg: 4d6 + 9 + 1 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3, 3, 1, 1) + 9 + 1 + 4 + 1 = 23
    concealment: 1d100 ⇒ 12
    Fort DC18 or deafened.

    Grand Lodge

    Male NG Halfling Ranger 8 | HP 52 | AC 20 (19) T 15 FF 16 (15) (no buckler) | CMB +9, CMD 23 | F: +9, R: +13, W: +7; +2 vs. fear | Init: +6 | Perc +15, SM +2, (+5 to both w/perceive cues), low-light vision | Speed 20ft | Favored Enemies: Human +4, Undead +2; Favored Terrain: Urban +4, Underground +2 | Spells: 1st (2), 2nd (2) | Woodland Stride

    sorry for my unexplained absence. Honestly I think I overcommitted for gameday.

    Peribras sprays arrows at the dwarf in the foliage as he spurs Darkpaw towards the dwarf on the path.

    +3 darkwood comp. +2 str longbow, bracers of archery, deadly aim, bless: 1d20 + 17 + 1 - 3 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 17 + 1 - 3 + 1 = 36
    cold iron, piercing, magic: 1d6 + 5 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 6 = 17

    +3 darkwood comp. +2 str longbow, bracers of archery, deadly aim, bless: 1d20 + 12 + 1 - 3 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 12 + 1 - 3 + 1 = 28
    cold iron, piercing, magic: 1d6 + 5 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 6 = 13

    --

    bite, attack, charge, bless: 1d20 + 11 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 11 + 2 + 1 = 26
    b/p/s: 2d6 + 9 ⇒ (6, 2) + 9 = 17
    free trip attempt: 1d20 + 13 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 13 + 1 = 18

    confirm critical: 1d20 + 17 + 1 - 3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 17 + 1 - 3 + 1 = 19
    cold iron, piercing, magic: 2d6 + 10 + 12 ⇒ (4, 3) + 10 + 12 = 29


    18/23/28 - 15/17/19

    Peribras finishes off the wounded dwarf, and Darkpaw tears at remaining one, though she isn't able to drag him to the ground...

    The gnome, seeing that Peribras is unhindered by the dense terrain, locks eyes with him and weaves a web of horror around him! Closing in from every angle are all the horrors he's fought and barely survived over his career as an Agent, and they're back to finish the job!

    With her work done, the gnome then turns and darts into the bushes. However, she's far from an expert at hiding, and Luminae is the only one who loses track.

    Luminae will need to make a Perception roll to be able to pinpoint her, everyone else is fine.

    [spoiler=GM screen]1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

    Squares of foliage are difficult terrain and grant concealment
    #Blessed
    The Bold May Go!

    Sarsczek
    Zera
    Luminae Fire Resistant
    Fung
    Peribras Will Save DC 21 or... Fort Save DC 21 or die! Eeek Damage: 3d6 ⇒ (4, 6, 2) = 12 on a Fort Pass Fear
    Gnome
    Malachi
    Dwarfs (Red -18)

    Grand Lodge

    Male NG Halfling Ranger 8 | HP 52 | AC 20 (19) T 15 FF 16 (15) (no buckler) | CMB +9, CMD 23 | F: +9, R: +13, W: +7; +2 vs. fear | Init: +6 | Perc +15, SM +2, (+5 to both w/perceive cues), low-light vision | Speed 20ft | Favored Enemies: Human +4, Undead +2; Favored Terrain: Urban +4, Underground +2 | Spells: 1st (2), 2nd (2) | Woodland Stride

    will save vs. fear, halfling, unwavering resolve boon, : 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 7 + 2 = 26

    phew. Wish I could have known I wouldn't need the boon

    For a moment, Peribras feels overwhelmed as the many foes he faced in the solstice scar events threaten to overwhelm his mind. But he quickly regains his composure. "Begone!" He says and the images disappear.


    Female N animal (wolf) ranger animal companion 8 | HP 66 | AC 23  T 11 FF 21 | CMB +12, CMD 24 | F: +10, R: +7, W: +5; +4 will vs. enchantments; evasion | Perc: +6, SM: +1, low-light vision, scent | Speed 50ft

    As the gnome flees Darkpaw, she bites at it again.

    Attack of Opportunity, bite, attack, bless: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 11 + 1 = 13
    b/p/s: 2d6 + 9 ⇒ (5, 2) + 9 = 16
    free trip attempt: 1d20 + 13 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 13 + 1 = 24


    18/23/28 - 15/17/19

    Gnome's on the other side of the garden, so Darkpaw won't quite be able to reach :-p

    Dark Archive

    CN F Half-Elf Oracle 8 | HP 58/78 (if took 20 from life link) | AC 27 | T 13 | FF 25 | CMD 18 | Fort +9 | Ref +7 | Will +11 | Init +2 | Perc +2 | Spells Left (2,6,3,2) | resist energy (fire)

    Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

    Luminae does her best to keep her eye on the gnome caster while grumbling about death magic.

    251 to 300 of 427 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Cwethan's Hao Jin Cataclysm (7-8 Classic) All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.