Cwethan's Hao Jin Cataclysm (7-8 Classic) (Inactive)

Game Master Cwethan

Maps & Handouts


1 to 50 of 427 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>

18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Here's where we'll get going, but feel free to dot in early!

Scarab Sages

Sarsczek Male N Tiefling Slayer 6 / Living Monlith 3, Level 9, Init 3, HP 74/74, DR 1/-, Speed 30 AC 20, Touch 13, Flat-footed 17, CMD 26, Fort 11, Ref 10, Will 8, CMB +13, Base Attack Bonus 8

"Umm... we goin to dat weird wall carpet thingy again?"


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

The Grand Lodge of Absalom is abuzz with activity due to the summons by the former Master of Spells, Aram Zey. In familiar fashion, the summons was abrupt and brusque. "All available Pathfinders must gather in Skyreach immediately, even the woefully under-qualified. Be prepared for a critical mission in the Hao Jin Tapestry. More desperately needed instructions will follow." As you enter the tower, Pathfinder aides are on hand to direct the chaos, splitting arriving agents into standard teams.

Now's a good time to start a few introductions, and give people a sense of one another's characters. Especially since this one will be a bit hectic! On the 26th, the special will officially start and there will be skill check opportunities for everyone to represent your preparations and the aid you'll be providing the expedition as a whole*. Please check in by then and I'll post more once I'm allowed.

*Or so I've been told. Scenario still hasn't dropped, so I don't have everything prepped yet. ::Stressed Face::

Grand Lodge

F Human Bolt Ace 5, Brawler 2, Weaponmaster 2. |HP 76/76| AC 24 /T18 /FF17 | init +9 | CMD 26| Fort 14/Ref 16/Will 6|Grit 3/4| Martial flexibility 2/4| Boots of Speed 7/10

"Oh boy, I've heard so much about the tapestry! It'll be nice to see it at least once before it unravels! How often do you get to see all sorts of strange lands without even leaving Absalom!"

Zera is a short, blonde human woman with a cheery disposition. She is wearing a green cloak over a chainmail shirt and well-worn traveling clothes. A small crossbow is holstered on her hip. She seems very eager for any kind of fantastic adventure.

Scarab Sages

Sarsczek Male N Tiefling Slayer 6 / Living Monlith 3, Level 9, Init 3, HP 74/74, DR 1/-, Speed 30 AC 20, Touch 13, Flat-footed 17, CMD 26, Fort 11, Ref 10, Will 8, CMB +13, Base Attack Bonus 8

A bizarre monsterous looking Tiefling walks in and sits down cross-legged on the floor. He has a scaley scalp sporting a pair of ridges that appear to be horns which never penetrated the skin, a long thin tail, clawed hands and feat, and a somewhat disturbing fanged smile. He wears a long chain shirt, torn leather overshirt, tattered loincloth, and a thick rawhide belt. His head sports 3 stones protruding through the skin; a jet black rune-engraved stone, a shimmering ioun stone, and a rough gold-colored stone. Around his neck hangs an amulet with a clawed sigil. Three spears are carried on his back, hooked to his backpack. His odd proportions change what should be a frightening creature into a comically mismatched physique, and his awkward demeanor does little to help.

"Uh hay! My name is..." He hisses out a gutteral blast of consonants that sounds like a cross between a serpentine hiss, saurian roar, and infantile babble.

"But mah friends just say Sarsczek!"

Silver Crusade

M Mutant Phalanx Fighter 3, Paladin 2, Wizard 4, Swashbuckler 1

"Eh, Trade Prince Captain Malachi Malarkey at your service, yes! I am here at the request of Trade Prince Aaqir al-Hakam, a great personal friend of mine, we dine together often, yes!"

A squat, broad-shouldered tengu doffs his salt-crusted tricorne hat and bows. He is equipped with an adamantine polearm, and wears a breastplate of shining blue-green dragonscale. A colourful bird of prey perches on his forearm.

"Eh, this is Polly, yes. She is a very rare parrot-hawk, yes."

Dark Archive

CN F Half-Elf Oracle 8 | HP 58/78 (if took 20 from life link) | AC 27 | T 13 | FF 25 | CMD 18 | Fort +9 | Ref +7 | Will +11 | Init +2 | Perc +2 | Spells Left (2,6,3,2) | resist energy (fire)

A horrendous hacking cough announces the next Pathfinder. Her face is gaunt and glances back and forth grimacing at the various adventurers as she moves toward the party. Her ears have slight points and bear the only sign of her half-elven ancestry. "Too many people. Already feel them gathering injuries even before we are sent back into that hellish fabric. Fools playing with knives." She is weighed down by a setting of breastplate, free of any luster or shine as well as a battered shield. She takes heavy breaths to fight off another cough as she immediately stares down the tiefling. "Sarsczek. Of course I would be paired with you again. Did ... did you jam stones into your hear?" She touches her face imagining the pain of the implantation before declaring, "You better not expect me to help take them out!"

She gives a quick nod to Zera as she doesn't take any special bother with the human.

Hearing Malarkey speak she immediately draws her mace and clenches her hand around the half while looking about in a near rage. "And Polly too!" A moment passes before she realizes Malarkey's directing toward the raptor before her rage calms down to the contempt of before. "Oh. That's Polly." She looks at the bird and then takes her measuring gaze to the tengu captain. "I'm Luminae. I'll be fixing up any scrapes and bruises you collect along the way, whatever we are doing."

Scarab Sages

Sarsczek Male N Tiefling Slayer 6 / Living Monlith 3, Level 9, Init 3, HP 74/74, DR 1/-, Speed 30 AC 20, Touch 13, Flat-footed 17, CMD 26, Fort 11, Ref 10, Will 8, CMB +13, Base Attack Bonus 8

"Oh hai Lumin...im..in..ae? Good ta see you again! Been a long time! Ann yah, I put the rocks there so I don't lose em. Mah horns never really popped through, so figured might as well make mah own right? So... guess what? You're lookin at a Jeweled Sage now! Amanafis and Taha...um... dragon musta appershiated alla my work wiff them and I got my own sage jewel now! I'm the Iron Pyrite Sage!"

Turning to Malachai he offers a hand to shake. "Good tah meetcha! I gotta friend named Polly.... he's a bigger bird though. Lum...ae is frens wiff him too!"

Grand Lodge

Tian-Shu Human Kineticist L7 | HP: 73+7/73+7 NL21 | AC:23+1 T:14+1 FF:20 (25% miss ranged except massive wpns & rays) | CMB:6+2 CMD:19+1 | Saves F:13+1+2 R:11+1+2 W:8+2 (+2 vs heat, breaths, clouds, gases) | Init:+3 | Per:+13+2 | Spd: 30 fly 60(gd) | Reroll: 1/1 | Status: burn 3/9 | Buffer: 1/1 | Fortification 0% | Air Wysp HP: 36/36 | Conditions: elemental overflow (+2 Dex, +2 Con); heroism (50m)

Fung paces quietly into the room, so quietly that when you notice him entering, you wonder whether he is walking on air. And when you look closely, although partially hidden by his long robes, you notice indeed that he is! When you examine him further, he realise that although there is hardly any draft in the room, his robes and long hair are constantly being gently tossed about by a gentle breeze.

He looks rather ill at ease, standing awkwardly to one side, unsure of himself, and waits for a break in the conversations to introduce himself. "Um... hello. My name is Xuan Fung, but please call me Fung. What is this Tapestry they are talking about?"

The Exchange

F very rare parrot-hawk familiar (emissary) 4 | AC 17 T 15 FF 14 | HP 27/27 | F +9 R +6 W +6 | CMD 14 | Init +3 | Perc +19 (10) lowlight vision

"Caw?"

Dark Archive

CN F Half-Elf Oracle 8 | HP 58/78 (if took 20 from life link) | AC 27 | T 13 | FF 25 | CMD 18 | Fort +9 | Ref +7 | Will +11 | Init +2 | Perc +2 | Spells Left (2,6,3,2) | resist energy (fire)

Luminae suppresses another cough as she judges the parrot-hawk. She then looks to Fung and attempts to take stock of him.

"You have been lucky to avoid the Tapestry this long Fung. It is a the creation from long ago who had more power than sense. Loaded whomever and whatever she wanted and tossed them into her personal hideaway. In there now are a collection of moldering ruins and those still making a living there. Those I've seen in there range from meek to monstrous." The cough overtakes her and she gives a sour look as she looks about the gathering Pathfinders. "Each time I've been sent into there we have been torn at by deadly threats. Even for the most boring requests. I don't look forward to finding out what the leaders are looking to do with an army."

The Exchange

active effects:
wildshape (50m), barkskin (40m), longstrider (6h), bone fists (6m), resist fire 20, heroism (50m), bulls strength(6m)
Male Tengu Barbarian (untamed rager) 2/Brawler (snakebite striker) 1/Druid (kraken caller) 4 | AC 30 T 19 FF 21 | HP [54/54] 54/54 | F +14 R +10 W +10 | Init +3 | Perc +14 (17 in bright light) lowlight vision | rage (11/13) | supplies (7/7)

"Eh, I've heard of this tapestry, but I have not visited, yes. This Hao Jin, she hid her booty in a carpet, yes? Very strange! Are there ships inside, yes? A sea? What did you meet, Luminae, yes?"

Eh, another Polly? Preposterous, yes!

Grand Lodge

Tian-Shu Human Kineticist L7 | HP: 73+7/73+7 NL21 | AC:23+1 T:14+1 FF:20 (25% miss ranged except massive wpns & rays) | CMB:6+2 CMD:19+1 | Saves F:13+1+2 R:11+1+2 W:8+2 (+2 vs heat, breaths, clouds, gases) | Init:+3 | Per:+13+2 | Spd: 30 fly 60(gd) | Reroll: 1/1 | Status: burn 3/9 | Buffer: 1/1 | Fortification 0% | Air Wysp HP: 36/36 | Conditions: elemental overflow (+2 Dex, +2 Con); heroism (50m)

Fung looks troubled on hearing this. "She trapped a whole bunch of people and creatures into this ... tapestry? How horrible!" Unconsciously, he rises a few feet into the air, finding the idea of being trapped deplorable.

Grand Lodge

F Human Bolt Ace 5, Brawler 2, Weaponmaster 2. |HP 76/76| AC 24 /T18 /FF17 | init +9 | CMD 26| Fort 14/Ref 16/Will 6|Grit 3/4| Martial flexibility 2/4| Boots of Speed 7/10

I mean, I did get to talk to her, she spent the last several years being really, REALLY sorry about it. That's gotta mean somethin', right? I do hear it's pretty roomy in there though, so maybe it wasn't all bad... But still I hope we can help them get out all the same! I mean, if that's what we're here for. Why else would we be here?

Dark Archive

CN F Half-Elf Oracle 8 | HP 58/78 (if took 20 from life link) | AC 27 | T 13 | FF 25 | CMD 18 | Fort +9 | Ref +7 | Will +11 | Init +2 | Perc +2 | Spells Left (2,6,3,2) | resist energy (fire)

"I've only been in there a few times and I've seen no oceans or rivers. I've only seen two little bits of it. Small favors. The blasted place is large enough that I wouldn't be surprised if it had some water."

She struggles out a bit as she recalls her missions into the place, "I've seen people. Humans, halflings, and gnomes; all from Tian Xia, at least their ancestors. There were underground dwelling races too. Of course trying to kill us."

"Diabolic things too." She spitefully adds spitting out a quick addendum, "Also trying to kill us." He shoulders slump as she recalls the engagements. "Demons, devils. Not sure what I saw, but I'm sure she the plane has plenty of everything that would try to kill us."

"I'm not going to wring my hands over everything in there. I can barely deal with my own troubles and I've long since realized that you need to look out for yourself."

Grand Lodge

F Human Bolt Ace 5, Brawler 2, Weaponmaster 2. |HP 76/76| AC 24 /T18 /FF17 | init +9 | CMD 26| Fort 14/Ref 16/Will 6|Grit 3/4| Martial flexibility 2/4| Boots of Speed 7/10

Zera puts on a big goofy grin and points to herself with her thumb. Aww, don't worry Luminae, you got me watching your back! I'm sure we can handle whatever's in there!

The Exchange

active effects:
wildshape (50m), barkskin (40m), longstrider (6h), bone fists (6m), resist fire 20, heroism (50m), bulls strength(6m)
Male Tengu Barbarian (untamed rager) 2/Brawler (snakebite striker) 1/Druid (kraken caller) 4 | AC 30 T 19 FF 21 | HP [54/54] 54/54 | F +14 R +10 W +10 | Init +3 | Perc +14 (17 in bright light) lowlight vision | rage (11/13) | supplies (7/7)

"Eh, a rescue mission, yes. Makes sense. If this place is so big, that explains why so many Pathfinders, yes."

Big place, collapsing or disintegrating - plenty of opportunity for plunder, by Besmara's Bloody Bones!

Grand Lodge

Bandits of Immenwood | DWK4 || Spell Templates

**OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT**

Former Master of Spells Aram Zey addresses the assembled Pathfinders as more agents stream into the Grand Lodge. “Pathfinders, an entire world is in danger! The Hao Jin Tapestry is on the brink of collapse. If we do not act now, all its wonders and its people will be lost to us forever. Find your assigned group, aid in our preparations to enter the demiplane however you can, and await further instructions.”

GMs, you have one day to complete your mustering and perform the tasks in Part 1.


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Countless Pathfinders stand ready in a large stone room
deep beneath the Grand Lodge. A ragged tapestry covered in
clashing colors and abstract symbols rests on an inclined slab
in the center of the room, surrounded by scaffolds and ladders.
Scholars frantically rush along the scaffolds, studying a flurry of
rips appearing on the tapestry.

A harried oread woman approaches. “I am Master of Spells
Sorrina Westyr. I won’t mince words—the situation is dire.
This cloth is the famous Hao Jin Tapestry, an ancient relic the
Pathfinder Society acquired in the Ruby Phoenix Tournament six
years ago. It contains a vast wealth of locations, treasures, and
peoples torn from Golarion by the sorceress Hao Jin. We have
explored many regions of the tapestry, struggled to keep the Aspis
Consortium from turning its populace against us, and devised a
means to use the tapestry for fast travel across all of Golarion.
But now, it has begun to unravel. We must act quickly to repair
the tapestry—and that means sending agents into the demiplane
itself. Our former Master of Spells, Aram Zey, knows more about
the tapestry than anyone here. He is preparing a formal briefing.
In the meantime, familiarize yourself with your team, discuss any
previous experience you may have with the Hao Jin Tapestry, and
gather what information and resources you can.

"One more thing, and this is important: you will be able to retreat
safely from the tapestry to Absalom. However, we cannot risk
damaging the tapestry further by sending groups back and forth.
Be sure that you gather everything you need before entering the
tapestry, because once you return to Absalom, you will no longer
be a part of this mission."

There are a number of important tasks that must be accomplished before everyone plunges into the tapestry, but the first thing is to Assess the Damage!

Each of you will be able to do so using Appraise, Disable Device, Perception, or Use Magic Device. You may aid instead, but can only aid someone else using the same skill

Grand Lodge

F Human Bolt Ace 5, Brawler 2, Weaponmaster 2. |HP 76/76| AC 24 /T18 /FF17 | init +9 | CMD 26| Fort 14/Ref 16/Will 6|Grit 3/4| Martial flexibility 2/4| Boots of Speed 7/10

"Oh geez, that doesn't look good! Is there anything I can do to help?"

Zera doesn't know much about magic, but maybe her keen eyes can locate something...

Perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (4) + 15 = 19


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Zera's lack of expertise tells, but even without it, the canny crossbow artiste notices a key pattern. The largest holes appear around six of the regions that Pathfinder agents have visited in the past few years.

Dark Archive

CN F Half-Elf Oracle 8 | HP 58/78 (if took 20 from life link) | AC 27 | T 13 | FF 25 | CMD 18 | Fort +9 | Ref +7 | Will +11 | Init +2 | Perc +2 | Spells Left (2,6,3,2) | resist energy (fire)

"Oh I can hear the wailing already. If not for the incessant pleas I would be fine letting the thing burn." She glowers at the tapestry with contempt before giving another grumble. "Let me see if can help find any loose fabric for a hint. If I'm even partly responsible for this I don't want to hear anyone complaining that I didn't do my part."

Luminae would aid on Perception. I'll aid the next check that is made.
Aid to Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Grand Lodge

Tian-Shu Human Kineticist L7 | HP: 73+7/73+7 NL21 | AC:23+1 T:14+1 FF:20 (25% miss ranged except massive wpns & rays) | CMB:6+2 CMD:19+1 | Saves F:13+1+2 R:11+1+2 W:8+2 (+2 vs heat, breaths, clouds, gases) | Init:+3 | Per:+13+2 | Spd: 30 fly 60(gd) | Reroll: 1/1 | Status: burn 3/9 | Buffer: 1/1 | Fortification 0% | Air Wysp HP: 36/36 | Conditions: elemental overflow (+2 Dex, +2 Con); heroism (50m)

Not having encountered this mysterious and really rather amazing tapestry, Fung moves in for a closer look. Of course, a crowd of Pathfinders have similarly gathered round but Fung has an advantage - he simply floats over their heads.

disable device: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (18) + 14 = 32 (Assuming MW thieves' tools not relevant for this check.

As he does so, a swirling mass of air detaches from him and so hovers beside him. "Do you notice anything?"
air wysp perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25

The Exchange

active effects:
wildshape (50m), barkskin (40m), longstrider (6h), bone fists (6m), resist fire 20, heroism (50m), bulls strength(6m)
Male Tengu Barbarian (untamed rager) 2/Brawler (snakebite striker) 1/Druid (kraken caller) 4 | AC 30 T 19 FF 21 | HP [54/54] 54/54 | F +14 R +10 W +10 | Init +3 | Perc +14 (17 in bright light) lowlight vision | rage (11/13) | supplies (7/7)

"Looks bad, yes?"

Malachi studies the tapestry.

perception, hawkeye, polly: 1d20 + 14 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 14 + 2 + 1 = 29 +3 more in bright light, which I would assume we have?

"Workmanship is remarkable, yes. A fine prize! Such a shame it is falling apart. I hope we can repair it, yes."

Malachi looks especially for depictions of bodies of water.

Polly could also make a perception check at +18, but since she can't talk the check is probably not worth it :o


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Yeah, Polly would have to communicate in some way for that to help this time

As the rest of the agents crowd around, Fung and Malachi notice a couple of things that had eluded Zera. The tapestry seems to be radiating warmth as a whole, but there are spots near the largest tears that are horribly cold - the chill of the grave... Forewarned and forearmed, you'll know to keep an eye out for that effect once you go in.

During one fight against Undead you all will get +4 to initiative. I figure I'll just use that on the first significant encounter against undead. Sing out if you've got a different plan.

The chill of the tapestry also brings something else to your attention; a prickling of goose bumps (or feathers) on the back of your neck.

Are you being watched?

Knowledge (arcana or planes), Perception, Sense Motive, or Spellcraft to figure it out

Grand Lodge

F Human Bolt Ace 5, Brawler 2, Weaponmaster 2. |HP 76/76| AC 24 /T18 /FF17 | init +9 | CMD 26| Fort 14/Ref 16/Will 6|Grit 3/4| Martial flexibility 2/4| Boots of Speed 7/10

Zera shudders involuntarily

"Is it... nah, couldn't be... are we being... watched?"

She spins around to look and see if she can find the culprit.

Perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (19) + 15 = 34

Dark Archive

CN F Half-Elf Oracle 8 | HP 58/78 (if took 20 from life link) | AC 27 | T 13 | FF 25 | CMD 18 | Fort +9 | Ref +7 | Will +11 | Init +2 | Perc +2 | Spells Left (2,6,3,2) | resist energy (fire)

Luminae stifles a cough as she casts a terse warding incantation. "If we are, then let's end it now. I will not let anyone invade what little privacy I have left."

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Zera and Luminae feel suddenly anxious, but as Luminae begins to focus on it, the sense fades. Zera however gets a much clearer sense of it, some sort of malicious presence attempting to invade her mind and those of her comrades! Before they can work any divinations or other trickery to trace it back, the connection ceases, but not before she gets a strong impression of an endless, bottomless hunger seeking to slake itself on the chaos and death spreading across the Tapestry...

You'll have to keep your minds safe from further incursions...

Once per adventure before rolling a Will save one of you can roll with a +2. Also before rolling a Will save one of you can decide to roll twice and keep the highest result

Knowing that different kinds of supplies might be required than had been initially planned, you go to assess the repair team's supplies, making sure they're up to snuff, and also filling in any gaps that may still be there.

Appraise, Craft (any relevant), Knowledge (arcana), or Profession (any relevant)


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Gear's all good to pick up. In fact, while you're examining the supplies is the perfect time!

The order on this keeps shifting whenever I refresh the page, but this was a reply to Sarsczek lol
Clearly the Reality-Tears of the Tapestry have spread far indeed!

Scarab Sages

Sarsczek Male N Tiefling Slayer 6 / Living Monlith 3, Level 9, Init 3, HP 74/74, DR 1/-, Speed 30 AC 20, Touch 13, Flat-footed 17, CMD 26, Fort 11, Ref 10, Will 8, CMB +13, Base Attack Bonus 8

Sarsczek looks up at Xuan, then back at the tapestry. "Whatcha doin up there? Oh... yeah... that thread seems a bit... funny. I... um... hrmmm... whassthat?"

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21

"Hrmm... somefin smells funny... Ya know... if we bein watched... ann we only can go in once... hmmmm."

If possible, Sarsczek would like to see about acquiring some gear before we go in. Specifically some scrolls of Restoration, potions of Lesser Restoration, and probably First Aid Gloves. The scrolls of course will be handed off to Luminae.

Dark Archive

CN F Half-Elf Oracle 8 | HP 58/78 (if took 20 from life link) | AC 27 | T 13 | FF 25 | CMD 18 | Fort +9 | Ref +7 | Will +11 | Init +2 | Perc +2 | Spells Left (2,6,3,2) | resist energy (fire)

Luminae takes the scrolls with a shake of her head, not enjoying contemplating the event that might require them.

"They say we can only go in once. I would be ecstatic if they held to that promise. In any case lets see what those suppliers have in place. I don't want to find out in the middle of a clambering some cliff that they haven't enough gear for people."

Aid to next person's Appraise or Craft check: 1d20 ⇒ 16

Scarab Sages

Sarsczek Male N Tiefling Slayer 6 / Living Monlith 3, Level 9, Init 3, HP 74/74, DR 1/-, Speed 30 AC 20, Touch 13, Flat-footed 17, CMD 26, Fort 11, Ref 10, Will 8, CMB +13, Base Attack Bonus 8

I'll figure out how many of each this evening when my paper sheets are in hand, and I'll post the specifics in the Discussion thread.

"Hrmm.... if you in the middle ofa cliff, I fink you just need good climbing gear."

Aid to next person's Appraise or Craft check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

Grand Lodge

F Human Bolt Ace 5, Brawler 2, Weaponmaster 2. |HP 76/76| AC 24 /T18 /FF17 | init +9 | CMD 26| Fort 14/Ref 16/Will 6|Grit 3/4| Martial flexibility 2/4| Boots of Speed 7/10

Hmm, would hate to go hungry in there...

I'm not sure if Profession: Farmer would be of any help here, maybe to check the foodstuffs, but I'll roll one of those, or an aid another on craft if that's a no-go

Profession: Farmer: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Craft: 1d20 ⇒ 2


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

On the one hand I'm giggling to myself about "Would hate to go hungry in there," but I think I need a little more focused of a pitch for what gear you're checking or supplying that's farming related. It's not meant to be thaaaat long a mission, so extended food supplies for you guys isn't really a suitable focus. But like I said, I'm open to hear a pitch :-)

Grand Lodge

F Human Bolt Ace 5, Brawler 2, Weaponmaster 2. |HP 76/76| AC 24 /T18 /FF17 | init +9 | CMD 26| Fort 14/Ref 16/Will 6|Grit 3/4| Martial flexibility 2/4| Boots of Speed 7/10

Well, farmers have to know a lot about supplies and logistics to get their stuff to market, right? I'm not just pulling at straws here...

The Exchange

active effects:
wildshape (50m), barkskin (40m), longstrider (6h), bone fists (6m), resist fire 20, heroism (50m), bulls strength(6m)
Male Tengu Barbarian (untamed rager) 2/Brawler (snakebite striker) 1/Druid (kraken caller) 4 | AC 30 T 19 FF 21 | HP [54/54] 54/54 | F +14 R +10 W +10 | Init +3 | Perc +14 (17 in bright light) lowlight vision | rage (11/13) | supplies (7/7)

"Eh, let's see what booty, ah, provisions, we require, yes?"

Malachi goes over the supplies manifest with an expert eye.

Fully paid-up Exchange Merchant coming through...

profession: merchant, 2 aids, polly: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 12 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 28

Since we've established Undead will be a thing, Malachi finally draws on his Righteous Redemption boon to acquire 2 scrolls of Lesser Restoration. Mal can cast this spell, it's on the druiid list. Will probably make additional purchases based on results of Prof: Merchant check.

Scarab Sages

Sarsczek Male N Tiefling Slayer 6 / Living Monlith 3, Level 9, Init 3, HP 74/74, DR 1/-, Speed 30 AC 20, Touch 13, Flat-footed 17, CMD 26, Fort 11, Ref 10, Will 8, CMB +13, Base Attack Bonus 8

Well, if we're going to go back into the tapestry and try to pretend that the Pathfinders had nothing to do with this impending disaster, we'll need to deliver them copious amounts of grade A bull...stuff. And farmers are experts at dealing with mass quantities of bull...stuff. /reach


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Supplies and Logistics is good enough :-)
Also, Mal, I hate to say it, but iirc Righteous Redemption specifically requires you to be between adventures or in Lastwall.

Zera and Malachi quickly whip the armorers and quartermasters into shape, their completely applicable experience allowing them to reduce waste and make certain that important supplies are dispersed in advance instead of leaving everything back at base.

Each of the agents receives a potion of cure serious wounds, and are able to scrounge up a special for experienced agents like them too. Each of you can get a potion of your choice without an expensive material component.

Additionally, Malachi's enterprising spirit encourages them to ready rudimentary but mobile shops. Between encounters you'll be able to purchase items from the CRB or Ultimate Equipment with a price of 1,500 gp or less

As they begin to set up the mobile shops, a conversation quickly begins as the merchants and quartermasters start worrying about how on Golarion they're going to be able to traverse the multitude of odd terrains within the Hao Jin Tapestry.

Any tips for navigating and surviving... just about anything will be appreciated!

Knowledge (geography or nature), Survival, or Profession (relevant). Farmer (assorted lands) and Merchant (traveling is part of the deal will both work.

Scarab Sages

Sarsczek Male N Tiefling Slayer 6 / Living Monlith 3, Level 9, Init 3, HP 74/74, DR 1/-, Speed 30 AC 20, Touch 13, Flat-footed 17, CMD 26, Fort 11, Ref 10, Will 8, CMB +13, Base Attack Bonus 8

"Hrmm... does anyone have a cognito? Someone toll me dat if you're goin somewhere dat people might not like you, you should go inna cognito... I still dunno what it is though..."

He smiles and adds, "But I did bring my formal loincloth if necessary!"

Survival: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

Is the 1500gp cap in place starting now or once we jump into the Tapestry?

Grand Lodge

Male NG Halfling Ranger 8 | HP 52 | AC 20 (19) T 15 FF 16 (15) (no buckler) | CMB +9, CMD 23 | F: +9, R: +13, W: +7; +2 vs. fear | Init: +6 | Perc +15, SM +2, (+5 to both w/perceive cues), low-light vision | Speed 20ft | Favored Enemies: Human +4, Undead +2; Favored Terrain: Urban +4, Underground +2 | Spells: 1st (2), 2nd (2) | Woodland Stride

Peribras provides a few tips he's learned over his years as a Pathfinder agent.

survival: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 13 = 25

Grand Lodge

F Human Bolt Ace 5, Brawler 2, Weaponmaster 2. |HP 76/76| AC 24 /T18 /FF17 | init +9 | CMD 26| Fort 14/Ref 16/Will 6|Grit 3/4| Martial flexibility 2/4| Boots of Speed 7/10

"Well, we should be able to make some kind of map from out here, we can kinda see how everything is connected!"

Zera will try use her knowledge of the Golarion wilds and transpose that onto the tapestry, since that's basically what the tapestry is anyway.

Also, my survival is a fair bit better than my token rank in Profession:Farmer

Survival: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (13) + 15 = 28

also, would a potion of protection from evil be too far out of the question for a freebie potion? I like the idea of something that can help with my shoddy will saves against... whatever is watching us

Grand Lodge

Bandits of Immenwood | DWK4 || Spell Templates

**OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT**

Aram Zey cries out in alarm as a massive rip appears in the Hao Jin Tapestry. A silvery void dances within the breach. “The rifts are widening—we’re running out of time! Quickly, Pathfinders. Finish your preparations and gather around the tapestry.”

Aram Zey’s gaze remains fixed on the tapestry as he addresses the crowd around him. He is harried and pale, with dark bags under his bloodshot eyes. His hands tremble slightly as he sets a mug of coffee down on a table already littered with empty cups. “Pathfinders, the Hao Jin Tapestry is falling to pieces. Both the physical object you see before you and the mystical realm it contains have been unraveling for several months, possibly even longer. My only hope is that there is still time to save the tapestry
and those who live inside.”

The former Master of Spells glares at the tapestry for a moment, and then a new rip catches his attention. He jabs a finger at the frayed fabric. “There! You see? The degradation is causing—or perhaps caused by—rifts to the Astral Plane that are appearing throughout the demiplane. Fixing these tears is not as simple as stitching fabric or performing a few rituals. We must enter the tapestry itself, find the rifts, and repair them as best we can. But the tapestry is in chaos—undead horrors are emerging throughout the demiplane, and we do not quite understand why. On top of that, the people and creatures of the tapestry are reacting to the chaos, and they are only making matters worse! That, Pathfinders, is where you come in.”

Aram Zey finally turns to face the crowd gathered around him. “The tapestry is a massive realm, and we have spent years exploring it and using it for travel. I fear that our activities are at least partly responsible for the degradation. I don’t think it’s a coincidence many of the six most damaged areas of the tapestry are sites of previous Pathfinder missions.” Zey’s face twists into a pained expression, “My efforts to repair the demiplane over the course of the last several days have met with nothing but failure. The decline continues to accelerate. I have no choice but to send you into the tapestry to deal with the chaos around these six sites. I’ll be sending in other teams to perform the laborious work of patching the rifts once you’ve established control of the situation. Then I can work on a permanent solution. Time is of the essence. By my estimates, in a little over two day’s time, the entire demiplane will collapse without your efforts. I don’t care what motivates you, whether you want to preserve powerful artifacts, save innocent lives, or be a good Pathfinder—get in there and get the job done.”

Aram Zey returns his gaze to the tapestry, raising his hand to his forehead and wincing in pain. In a low grumble, he adds, “You all are this demiplane’s last hope. Don’t let them down.”

Table GMs, please begin Part 2.

Dark Archive

CN F Half-Elf Oracle 8 | HP 58/78 (if took 20 from life link) | AC 27 | T 13 | FF 25 | CMD 18 | Fort +9 | Ref +7 | Will +11 | Init +2 | Perc +2 | Spells Left (2,6,3,2) | resist energy (fire)

If they do allow 3rd level potions, Zera might even be able to ask for a potion of magic circle against evil. Assuming that is fine as well, Luminae would also pick up a potion of fly.

Looking at their intent on setting up shops she grudgingly nods. "I wouldn't expect to be sent into without any reward for myself. Same goes for you. Make sure to keep your shops out of trouble. I don't want to come running if something is chasing you down." She goes to a bit more effort to tend to any scrapes and bruises before she goes along with her pair of potions.

Aid Survival: 1d20 ⇒ 3

"As for survival tips, just watch where we are going, and don't follow. Whereever we head, nothing good is likely to go. More useful for merchants than myself."


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Yep, I said any potion without an expensive component and I meant it! (Oh, and no Caster Level boosts...) So Fly is fine, and Magic Circle against Evil is longer lasting, and at least as helpful, so I'd go with that! :-) Everyone else, just please sing out with what you've chosen in your next post.
1500 gp cap is only in the tapestry, so your pre-mission purchases are still fine Sarsczek

Peribras and especially Zera regale the other agents, whether novices or seekers with tips and tricks. After all, there are buildings, caves and tunnels, ancient ruins, mountains, deserts, and many more vistas throughout Hao Jin's masterpiece.

Each of you can choose to re-roll a single failed skill check made as part of your movement (e.g. Acrobatics, Climb, Fly, Swim...)

***

As the former Master of Spells finishes his speech, the Venture-Captain of the Grand Lodge, Ambrus Valsin walks over, tugging his mustaches in dismay. "As Aram Zey said, we have identified the six most damaged areas of the tapestry. Unfortunately, each of these areas is populated. In some of them, you’ll find allies who require aid, and in others long-time foes that would thwart our efforts. We must defeat these foes or win them over to our side. Choose your missions carefully! If you have visited the tapestry before, its people are likely to remember you, for good or ill.

"I do have one piece of good news—the tapestry’s attempts to repair itself have caused loose threads from these six locations to connect to each other. What that means for you is that traveling between those locations once you’re inside should be straightforward. Advance scouts tell us these connections look like bridges made of tattered fabric decorated to resemble the two locations in the tapestry that the bridge connects.

"As for getting back home, when you enter, you’ll leave a little blue portal behind you. It’s called an astral eddy, and it’s your personal connection to the Material Plane. Walk back into it, and you’ll reappear in Absalom. Once you’ve come home, though, we won’t be sending you back in.

"You have two days to complete as many missions as you can, but don’t be so hasty that you throw away your lives. Take the time to rest if you find a safe place."

Okay everyone, choose carefully; we probably won't have time to tackle every mission. We'll be going with the Rule of Two, so as soon as any option has 2+ votes, we'll go with it!
Mission 1: Visit our Muckmouth lizardfolk allies, help them fight back an incursion of undead, and secure a source of magic relics for their tribe. (Returning PCs: Sarsczek)
Mission 2: Our ratfolk allies in Round Mountain sent out a call for help. The entire mountain is unstable, and dangerous creatures abound! Secure passage to the Pagoda of the Rat.
Mission 3: The Temple of Empyreal Enlightenment has flourished since we cleansed it of corruption, but now its leader falters in the face of the tapestry’s chaos. Go to the temple and set things right. (Returning PCs: Luminae and Peribras)
Mission 4: The duergar of Slave Mountain are becoming more desperate and aggressive. They are taking slaves beneath the mountain and performing a disturbing ritual. Do what you can to understand their dark plot, and stop the ritual! (Returning PCs: Luminae and Sarsczek)
Mission 5: The Aspis Consortium poisoned many of the tapestry’s residents against us. Three factions have nonetheless agreed to meet with us. You must convince them to trust the Society in this desperate hour. (Returning PCs: Peribras)
Mission 6: We know of a mystical fountain that never runs out of water and so could help with the tapestry’s repairs, but it has stopped working. Secure this eternal water source.

Scarab Sages

Sarsczek Male N Tiefling Slayer 6 / Living Monlith 3, Level 9, Init 3, HP 74/74, DR 1/-, Speed 30 AC 20, Touch 13, Flat-footed 17, CMD 26, Fort 11, Ref 10, Will 8, CMB +13, Base Attack Bonus 8

I vote for Mission 4!

"Umm.... hey Luminae! Member dat time we went to the tapestry togevver? I fink that one might be one of da things unravelling... we should go help!"

Also, for all future votes I vote for anything with a returning player reference. So if someone makes a request for one they've been in, I automatically second it!

Dark Archive

CN F Half-Elf Oracle 8 | HP 58/78 (if took 20 from life link) | AC 27 | T 13 | FF 25 | CMD 18 | Fort +9 | Ref +7 | Will +11 | Init +2 | Perc +2 | Spells Left (2,6,3,2) | resist energy (fire)

I'll agree with Mission 4.

"How can I forget. Lets get this over with. There are plenty of places to visit, but I don't want those duergar rooting in again. It was a mess to undo the damage they dealt when we last ran into them."

"Hopefully this time we won't run into any hammers along the way. That would be hoping for too much though. Lets make sure you are all tended to before we head out.

Luminae creates a life link on Malachi, Peribras, Darkpaw, Polly, Sarsczek, Xuan, and Zera.


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

The tapestry's portal isn't as comfortable as teleportation; there's an awful sensation of being unraveled and (hopefully!) being woven back together. At first there's a moment where it seems to many of you as though you've appeared in nothingness, but a single point of light in the darkness is quickly followed by more as your wayfinders once more find a path for you in the darkness. Incoherent murmurs and groans echo through this large, dark cave. Tall stalagmites emerge from the cave floor surrounded by shallow pools of water. Ahead, a dim purplish light emanating from a multifaceted black gemstone the size of a human skull illuminates several humanoid forms, ratfolk, wayangs and dwarves all shackled and heaped around the stone.

Standing before them are a trio of gray-skinned dwarves, lightly armored, but with hammers glimmering with the promise of brutal violence. Towering above them is the walking corpse of some long rotten giant, its eye sockets filled only with red light.

The dwarfs grip the hafts of their hammer tightly as you appear, but suddenly they seem to recognize Sarsczek and Luminae, and their faces contort with rage, abandoning their position to launch themselves at the Pathfinders!

Dwarven:
"Easy lads. Keep the gem safe, and all will be- Wait, I know that monster! And look, the damned she-elf is back too. Forget the gem, Kill them! Kill them now!!!"

Initiative:
Malachi: 1d20 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 3 + 4 = 20
Luminae: 1d20 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 2 + 4 = 21
Sarsczek: 1d20 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 3 + 4 = 16
Fung: 1d20 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 3 + 4 = 21
Zera: 1d20 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 9 + 4 = 24
Peribras: 1d20 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 4 = 16
Big Bad: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Medium Bads: 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 2 = 4

The ceiling is 20' high. The room is dark, but the gem radiates dim light for 20'. All Pathfinders have light and Lifelink unless specified.
The Bold May Go!

Zera
Luminae
Fung - Not lit
Malachi

Rotting Giant
Peribras
Sarsczek
Duergar Hammerers

Dark Archive

CN F Half-Elf Oracle 8 | HP 58/78 (if took 20 from life link) | AC 27 | T 13 | FF 25 | CMD 18 | Fort +9 | Ref +7 | Will +11 | Init +2 | Perc +2 | Spells Left (2,6,3,2) | resist energy (fire)

"Did they already complete their ritual?" Luminae tightens her grip on her shield as she fills the party with a billowing power and her fervent rage. "You keep on causing pain to others! You keep on causing pain for me! I was merciful last time, I'm done being kind to you all!"

Luminae casts blessing of fervor on everyone in the party. By my count there are 8 creatures in the party.

Blessing of Fervor:

For the next 8 rounds every creature in the party is empowered. Each round of the spell you each can choose one of the following at the start of the turn.
  • Increase speed by 30 feet.
  • Stand up as a swift action without provoking an AoO.
  • Take an extra attack as part of a full attack using your highest BAB.
  • Gain a +2 bonus on attack rolls and a +2 dodge bonus on AC and Reflex saves.
  • Cast a single 2nd level spell or lower as though it were enlarged, extended, silent, or still spell.
  • Grand Lodge

    Tian-Shu Human Kineticist L7 | HP: 73+7/73+7 NL21 | AC:23+1 T:14+1 FF:20 (25% miss ranged except massive wpns & rays) | CMB:6+2 CMD:19+1 | Saves F:13+1+2 R:11+1+2 W:8+2 (+2 vs heat, breaths, clouds, gases) | Init:+3 | Per:+13+2 | Spd: 30 fly 60(gd) | Reroll: 1/1 | Status: burn 3/9 | Buffer: 1/1 | Fortification 0% | Air Wysp HP: 36/36 | Conditions: elemental overflow (+2 Dex, +2 Con); heroism (50m)

    Fung will choose potion of heroism.
    Since we know we would be travelling underground, would GM be fine is Fung ask someone to use his scroll of darkvision on him before we enter? The below is assuming that's ok.

    Fung immediately takes to air, approaching the enemies while positioning himself directly above the chasm. He moans slightly as he draws energy from the air around him and sends a thundering blast smashing into the rotting giant.

    Burn: Thunderstorm Blast (+2), Empowered Metakinesis (+1), Thundering Infusion (+1), Infusion Specialization (-1)
    Air Wysp Aura, Elemental Overflow (Dex & Con), PBS, Blessing of Fervor
    thunderstorm blast vs FFAC: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 9 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 = 28 dmg: 8d6 + 8 + 5 + 1 + 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2, 5, 6, 4, 4, 3, 5, 3) + 8 + 5 + 1 + 4 + 1 + 1 = 52 (half bludgeoning, half electricity)

    Sorry but due to my work, I usually can only post once a day around this time.

    Grand Lodge

    F Human Bolt Ace 5, Brawler 2, Weaponmaster 2. |HP 76/76| AC 24 /T18 /FF17 | init +9 | CMD 26| Fort 14/Ref 16/Will 6|Grit 3/4| Martial flexibility 2/4| Boots of Speed 7/10

    "Lemmie at 'em!" Zera will move forward, finding a good location to set up and begin firing. She will use Luminae's blessing on getting +2 to attack and AC this round, as she is unable to multi-shot without massive penalties right now. She will make one shot at the giant, assuming it is still up after Fung's blast.

    Hand Crossbow one attack: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (10) + 16 = 26
    Hand Crossbow damage: 1d4 + 15 ⇒ (1) + 15 = 16

    I don't know if that rocky-looking thing I moved behind is providing anything resembling cover, but that's where I'll be

    1 to 50 of 427 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Cwethan's Hao Jin Cataclysm (7-8 Classic) All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.