Cwethan's Hao Jin Cataclysm (7-8 Classic) (Inactive)

Game Master Cwethan

Maps & Handouts


51 to 100 of 427 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>

18/23/28 - 15/17/19

I nudged Fung back a bit, as the 'chasm' is in fact a wall, sorry for not being explicit there. Darkvision's fine.

Dim Light Concealment: 1d100 ⇒ 8

Fung's thundering blast tears the giant brute apart! It falls, unmoving, to the ground while Zera sights in on one of the Duergar instead, but her shot goes wide in the gloomy cave.

The ceiling is 20' high.
The room is dark, but the gem radiates dim light for 20'.
All Pathfinders have Blessing of Fervor, Light, and Lifelink unless specified.
The Bold May Go!

Zera
Luminae
Fung - Not lit, Darkvision
Malachi
Peribras
Sarsczek

Duergar Hammerers

Scarab Sages

Sarsczek Male N Tiefling Slayer 6 / Living Monlith 3, Level 9, Init 3, HP 74/74, DR 1/-, Speed 30 AC 20, Touch 13, Flat-footed 17, CMD 26, Fort 11, Ref 10, Will 8, CMB +13, Base Attack Bonus 8

Sarsczek rushes forward. "You wasn't so bad last time! Those hammers barely even hurt!" He doesn't notice the death glare from Luminae as he charges into the fray, hurling a spear before the Duergar is readied to defend itself.

Fervor used for Attack and AC

Spear v Red (Fervor): 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 12 + 2 = 24
Damage, Study, Sneak Attack: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
[dice=Sneak Attack + Study]2d6+2[/ooc] If he was flat footed and that hit, free study on red

The Exchange

active effects:
wildshape (50m), barkskin (40m), longstrider (6h), bone fists (6m), resist fire 20, heroism (50m), bulls strength(6m)
Male Tengu Barbarian (untamed rager) 2/Brawler (snakebite striker) 1/Druid (kraken caller) 4 | AC 30 T 19 FF 21 | HP [54/54] 54/54 | F +14 R +10 W +10 | Init +3 | Perc +14 (17 in bright light) lowlight vision | rage (11/13) | supplies (7/7)

It looks like we had a bit of warning of the encounter, in which case Malachi has activated Longstrider (6 hours duration), wild shape (tentacles, 70 mins duration), and barkskin (60 mins duration).

Fervour for AC and attack bonus this round; guidance from Polly, who then flies off to Fung.

"Eh, they're trying to protect the gem, yes. We should remove or destroy it!"

Malachi speaks Dwarven

raging power hammer vs red duergar, charge, fervour, polly: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 10 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 24damage: 1d12 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24sneak attack damage: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 4) = 9

Malachi powers forwards, feathers flying, and spears the nearest duergar with the pointy end of his hammer.


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Sneak+Study: Closed Brackets Edition: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (2, 4) + 2 = 8

Malachi and Sarsczek surge forward, badly battering the lead duergar. His skin oddly dents beneath the force of their blows, as though made of iron instead of flesh...

Quick math question Sarsczek. Your character sheet lists your spear damage as d8+5, where's the extra +1 coming from?

The ceiling is 20' high.
The room is dark, but the gem radiates dim light for 20'.
All Pathfinders have Blessing of Fervor, Light, and Lifelink unless specified.
The Bold May Go!

Zera
Luminae
Fung - Not lit, Darkvision, Parrot Perch
Malachi
Peribras
Sarsczek
Duergar Hammerers (Red -50, Studied)

I'm probably out til ~midnight PST at which point I'll let the hammerers have their say. If Peribras hasn't gone by then, I'll 'delay' him/give him a double turn.

The Exchange

active effects:
wildshape (50m), barkskin (40m), longstrider (6h), bone fists (6m), resist fire 20, heroism (50m), bulls strength(6m)
Male Tengu Barbarian (untamed rager) 2/Brawler (snakebite striker) 1/Druid (kraken caller) 4 | AC 30 T 19 FF 21 | HP [54/54] 54/54 | F +14 R +10 W +10 | Init +3 | Perc +14 (17 in bright light) lowlight vision | rage (11/13) | supplies (7/7)

Mal's hammer is magic and adamantine, if it makes a difference GM. I'll try to remember to note that in future attacks.

Scarab Sages

Sarsczek Male N Tiefling Slayer 6 / Living Monlith 3, Level 9, Init 3, HP 74/74, DR 1/-, Speed 30 AC 20, Touch 13, Flat-footed 17, CMD 26, Fort 11, Ref 10, Will 8, CMB +13, Base Attack Bonus 8

It comes from the player reading the bite entry when dealing spear damage. You know, like an idiot. That explains why the die size was wrong when I first posted it... At least I got the attack modifiers right! That's... about the only thing.


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Damage types are always appreciated, but no DR applied:-)

Grand Lodge

Male NG Halfling Ranger 8 | HP 52 | AC 20 (19) T 15 FF 16 (15) (no buckler) | CMB +9, CMD 23 | F: +9, R: +13, W: +7; +2 vs. fear | Init: +6 | Perc +15, SM +2, (+5 to both w/perceive cues), low-light vision | Speed 20ft | Favored Enemies: Human +4, Undead +2; Favored Terrain: Urban +4, Underground +2 | Spells: 1st (2), 2nd (2) | Woodland Stride

Peribras pushes Darkpaw forward and then sprays a few arrows at the Duergar.

+3 darkwood comp. +2 str longbow, bracers of archery, deadly aim: 1d20 + 17 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (2) + 17 + 1 - 3 = 17
cold iron, piercing, magic: 1d6 + 5 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 6 = 12

+3 darkwood comp. +2 str longbow, bracers of archery, deadly aim: 1d20 + 12 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (16) + 12 + 1 - 3 = 26
cold iron, piercing, magic: 1d6 + 5 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 6 = 15

I will also go for a potion of heroism


Female N animal (wolf) ranger animal companion 8 | HP 66 | AC 23  T 11 FF 21 | CMB +12, CMD 24 | F: +10, R: +7, W: +5; +4 will vs. enchantments; evasion | Perc: +6, SM: +1, low-light vision, scent | Speed 50ft

Darkpaw growls at the Duergar as she moves up to them, then bites at one of them.
Darkpaw took the speed bonus from blessing of fervor to reach the duergar

bite, attack: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 11 + 1 = 13
b/p/s, magic: 2d6 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (1, 4) + 9 + 1 = 15
free trip attempt: 1d20 + 13 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 13 + 1 = 27

subtract one from these rolls if we did not have enough notice for Peribras to cast magic fang (5 minute duration)

Grand Lodge

Male NG Halfling Ranger 8 | HP 52 | AC 20 (19) T 15 FF 16 (15) (no buckler) | CMB +9, CMD 23 | F: +9, R: +13, W: +7; +2 vs. fear | Init: +6 | Perc +15, SM +2, (+5 to both w/perceive cues), low-light vision | Speed 20ft | Favored Enemies: Human +4, Undead +2; Favored Terrain: Urban +4, Underground +2 | Spells: 1st (2), 2nd (2) | Woodland Stride

forgot about blessing of fervor until after posting with Darkpaw. I want to modify my actions for Peribras to tumble off of Darkpaw and then use the blessing of fervor to attack. Rolls below

Peribras falls off of Darkpaw on purpose as she approaches the duergar.

soft fall, acp vs. DC15: 1d20 + 15 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 15 - 2 = 33

He manages not to get hurt, despite the height of his fall from the mighty she-wolf.

additional attack below
+3 darkwood comp. +2 str longbow, bracers of archery, deadly aim: 1d20 + 17 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (4) + 17 + 1 - 3 = 19
cold iron, piercing, magic: 1d6 + 5 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 6 = 16

note that Peribras has Precise Shot and Improved Precise Shot


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Peribras brings down the wounded Duergar and harries another, but as Darkpaw lunges, the dwarf manage to slip from her jaws!

Still, the giant wolf's savagery keeps the Duergar from fully pressing their attack, both of them trying to slink around the wolf towards their hated foes, but unable to bring down the great beast.

Warhammer: 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 11 - 2 = 18
Magic Bludgeoning: 2d6 + 5 + 6 ⇒ (3, 1) + 5 + 6 = 15
Warhammer: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 6 - 2 = 9
Magic Bludgeoning: 2d6 + 5 + 6 ⇒ (4, 1) + 5 + 6 = 16
Warhammer: 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 11 - 2 = 12
Magic Bludgeoning: 2d6 + 5 + 6 ⇒ (4, 6) + 5 + 6 = 21
Warhammer: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 6 - 2 = 20
Magic Bludgeoning: 2d6 + 5 + 6 ⇒ (5, 6) + 5 + 6 = 22
The ceiling is 20' high.
The room is dark, but the gem radiates dim light for 20'.
All Pathfinders have Blessing of Fervor, Light, and Lifelink unless specified.
The Bold May Go!

Zera
Luminae
Fung - Not lit, Darkvision, Parrot Perch
Malachi
Peribras
Sarsczek

Duergar Hammerers

Grand Lodge

Tian-Shu Human Kineticist L7 | HP: 73+7/73+7 NL21 | AC:23+1 T:14+1 FF:20 (25% miss ranged except massive wpns & rays) | CMB:6+2 CMD:19+1 | Saves F:13+1+2 R:11+1+2 W:8+2 (+2 vs heat, breaths, clouds, gases) | Init:+3 | Per:+13+2 | Spd: 30 fly 60(gd) | Reroll: 1/1 | Status: burn 3/9 | Buffer: 1/1 | Fortification 0% | Air Wysp HP: 36/36 | Conditions: elemental overflow (+2 Dex, +2 Con); heroism (50m)

(Just realised that I forgot to add the 50% for empowered metakinesis in the previous attack but 52 or 78 damage would have the same result. :)

Fung pants heavily from the exertion but is pleased that he managed to take down what had looked like a very dangerous foe. He allows himself to drift lower, gradually getting closer to the dwarfs as he releases a thundering blast of electricity at the nearest one.

5-foot step down, move: gather power, standard: empowered electric blast

vs yellow: Air Wysp Aura, Elemental Overflow (Dex & Con), PBS, Blessing of Fervor
Burn: Empowered Metakinesis (+1), Thundering Infusion (+1), Infusion Specialization (-1), Gather Power (-1)
electric blast vs TAC: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 9 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 = 32 electricity dmg: 4d6 + 2 + 1 + 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3, 5, 5, 1) + 2 + 1 + 4 + 1 + 1 = 23 Empower dmg = 23x1.5 = 34
Fort DC18 or deafened.


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Yellow has total cover from you (the wall), so I'll redirect to blue if that's okay.

Fortitude: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 8 + 2 = 20

The duergar staggers, rocked by Fung's powerful blast, but despite flinching away from the sudden light, he seems still hale and read to fight.

The ceiling is 20' high.
The room is dark, but the gem radiates dim light for 20'.
All Pathfinders have Blessing of Fervor, Light, and Lifelink unless specified.
The Bold May Go!

Zera
Luminae

Fung - Not lit, Darkvision, Parrot Perch
Malachi
Peribras
Sarsczek

Duergar Hammerers (Blue -34)

Scarab Sages

Sarsczek Male N Tiefling Slayer 6 / Living Monlith 3, Level 9, Init 3, HP 74/74, DR 1/-, Speed 30 AC 20, Touch 13, Flat-footed 17, CMD 26, Fort 11, Ref 10, Will 8, CMB +13, Base Attack Bonus 8

Sarsczek advances to block the duergar's path and snaps his teeth.

Bite, Bodywrap, Fervor, PA: 1d20 + 14 + 1 + 2 - 3 ⇒ (15) + 14 + 1 + 2 - 3 = 29
Damage, Bodywrap, PA, Acid: 1d6 + 5 + 1 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 1 + 6 + (6) = 19
Last d6 is acid. For future rolls, would you like the d6 of acid on a seperate line or in the same roll?

"Durr-gar taste funny..."

Grand Lodge

F Human Bolt Ace 5, Brawler 2, Weaponmaster 2. |HP 76/76| AC 24 /T18 /FF17 | init +9 | CMD 26| Fort 14/Ref 16/Will 6|Grit 3/4| Martial flexibility 2/4| Boots of Speed 7/10

Zera will take a 5-foot step out from cover, and unleash a hail of crossbow bolts. "Take this!"

Will be starting at the blue duregar and going to the yellow if they drop, spending 2 grit to make the last 2 go against touch. I will be using the fervor for an extra attack this round.

Hand Crossbow full attack: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (17) + 15 = 32
Hand Crossbow damage: 1d4 + 16 ⇒ (4) + 16 = 20

Hand Crossbow full attack: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (12) + 15 = 27
Hand Crossbow damage: 1d4 + 16 ⇒ (3) + 16 = 19

Hand Crossbow full attack: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (1) + 15 = 16
Hand Crossbow damage: 1d4 + 16 ⇒ (1) + 16 = 17

Hand Crossbow full attack v touch: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29
Hand Crossbow damage: 1d4 + 16 ⇒ (3) + 16 = 19

Hand Crossbow full attack v touch: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11
Hand Crossbow damage: 1d4 + 16 ⇒ (3) + 16 = 19

looks like I got 2 critical threats, confirming here

Hand Crossbow critical threat: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (6) + 15 = 21
Hand Crossbow additional damage: 2d4 + 32 ⇒ (4, 3) + 32 = 39

Hand Crossbow critical threat v touch: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28
Hand Crossbow additional damage: 2d4 + 32 ⇒ (2, 1) + 32 = 35

I get my grit back if I confirm a critical or reduce a creature to 0, so please let me know if I do not successfully do that twice.

The Exchange

active effects:
wildshape (50m), barkskin (40m), longstrider (6h), bone fists (6m), resist fire 20, heroism (50m), bulls strength(6m)
Male Tengu Barbarian (untamed rager) 2/Brawler (snakebite striker) 1/Druid (kraken caller) 4 | AC 30 T 19 FF 21 | HP [54/54] 54/54 | F +14 R +10 W +10 | Init +3 | Perc +14 (17 in bright light) lowlight vision | rage (11/13) | supplies (7/7)

Is anything still standing? I will delay until after Peribas and Darkpaw act, and see if there's a melee route to any enemy still up.


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Sarsczek's strike sends the duergar reeling until a bolt sprouts in his throat and he falls. The continuing barrage drives the other dwarf deeper into cover, his skin denting and splitting, until it comes off entirely in a clanking layer of iron, that leaves the dwarf beneath battered but breathing. Crit was cancelled on yellow, but you dropped Blue

The ceiling is 20' high.
The room is dark, but the gem radiates dim light for 20'.
All Pathfinders have Blessing of Fervor, Light, and Lifelink unless specified.
The Bold May Go!

Zera
Luminae
Fung - Not lit, Darkvision, Parrot Perch
Malachi
Peribras
Sarsczek
Duergar Hammerers (Yellow -38, no Ironskin)

Dark Archive

CN F Half-Elf Oracle 8 | HP 58/78 (if took 20 from life link) | AC 27 | T 13 | FF 25 | CMD 18 | Fort +9 | Ref +7 | Will +11 | Init +2 | Perc +2 | Spells Left (2,6,3,2) | resist energy (fire)

Luminae flinches ready for a deluge of pain that doesn't come. She watches the enemies fall under the party's attacks and moves forward slowly; casting a sweeping incantation on the way to further bolster her allies. "If you want to have any chance," she calls to the survivor, "then you better give in quick. Else you aren't going to be able to stand much longer."

Cast bless on the party. +1 morale bonus to attacks and saves vs fear.

Grand Lodge

Male NG Halfling Ranger 8 | HP 52 | AC 20 (19) T 15 FF 16 (15) (no buckler) | CMB +9, CMD 23 | F: +9, R: +13, W: +7; +2 vs. fear | Init: +6 | Perc +15, SM +2, (+5 to both w/perceive cues), low-light vision | Speed 20ft | Favored Enemies: Human +4, Undead +2; Favored Terrain: Urban +4, Underground +2 | Spells: 1st (2), 2nd (2) | Woodland Stride

Peribras continues to spray arrows at the duergar.

+3 darkwood comp. +2 str longbow, bracers of archery, deadly aim, bless: 1d20 + 17 + 1 - 3 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 17 + 1 - 3 + 1 = 29
cold iron, piercing, magic: 1d6 + 5 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 6 = 15

+3 darkwood comp. +2 str longbow, bracers of archery, deadly aim, bless: 1d20 + 17 + 1 - 3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 17 + 1 - 3 + 1 = 19
cold iron, piercing, magic: 1d6 + 5 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 6 = 15

+3 darkwood comp. +2 str longbow, bracers of archery, deadly aim, bless: 1d20 + 12 + 1 - 3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 12 + 1 - 3 + 1 = 14
cold iron, piercing, magic: 1d6 + 5 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 6 = 16


Female N animal (wolf) ranger animal companion 8 | HP 66 | AC 23  T 11 FF 21 | CMB +12, CMD 24 | F: +10, R: +7, W: +5; +4 will vs. enchantments; evasion | Perc: +6, SM: +1, low-light vision, scent | Speed 50ft

And Darkpaw thrashes about with her jaws.

bite, attack, magic fang: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 11 + 1 = 29
b/p/s, magic: 2d6 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (5, 3) + 9 + 1 = 18
free trip attempt: 1d20 + 13 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 13 + 1 = 15

bite, attack, magic fang: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 11 + 1 = 23
b/p/s, magic: 2d6 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (4, 3) + 9 + 1 = 17
free trip attempt: 1d20 + 13 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 13 + 1 = 31


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Peribras and Darkpaw finish off the last of the Duergar, but the pale captives stay very still. As Luminae and Sarsczek approach they recognize one of the captives - the wayang Swareti, once more in need of rescue!

The Exchange

active effects:
wildshape (50m), barkskin (40m), longstrider (6h), bone fists (6m), resist fire 20, heroism (50m), bulls strength(6m)
Male Tengu Barbarian (untamed rager) 2/Brawler (snakebite striker) 1/Druid (kraken caller) 4 | AC 30 T 19 FF 21 | HP [54/54] 54/54 | F +14 R +10 W +10 | Init +3 | Perc +14 (17 in bright light) lowlight vision | rage (11/13) | supplies (7/7)

"Eh... good... now what's this shiny jewel all about, yes?"

Malachi pants, recovering from his brief exertion, and hefts his adamantine hammer over his shoulder.

"Shiny jewel safe to take, yes?"

Polly returns to Malachi's shoulder.

Mal studies the jewel's mounting. perception, polly: 1d20 + 14 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 14 + 1 = 25


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

For a moment Malachi's reflection seems distorted, but he can't figure anything else out just by looking...

Others can attempt Perception checks or, of course, take other options.

Scarab Sages

Sarsczek Male N Tiefling Slayer 6 / Living Monlith 3, Level 9, Init 3, HP 74/74, DR 1/-, Speed 30 AC 20, Touch 13, Flat-footed 17, CMD 26, Fort 11, Ref 10, Will 8, CMB +13, Base Attack Bonus 8

Sarsczek approaches the captives. "Uh... hi Swareti! Umm... Wha happened here? Wha were dees Dur-gar doin?"

He looks for any warning of danger before approaching to free him.

Sense Motive + Study: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 11 + 2 = 22
Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14 +3 vs traps

He fishes around in his pack with his tail, then produced a set of thieves tools and gets to work on his bindings.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (5) + 15 = 20


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

The manacles fall off quickly, but Swareti remains unconscious...

Dark Archive

CN F Half-Elf Oracle 8 | HP 58/78 (if took 20 from life link) | AC 27 | T 13 | FF 25 | CMD 18 | Fort +9 | Ref +7 | Will +11 | Init +2 | Perc +2 | Spells Left (2,6,3,2) | resist energy (fire)

Luminae moves forward to check the captive for obvious physical injuries glowers at the duergar bodies. "Take the effort to help this one and the duergar just throw them into danger again. If they did permanent injury I'll find some way to make them pay.

Untrained Heal to Examine injuries: 1d20 ⇒ 14

"I don't like the look of this crystal. Maybe we need to destroy it, but you all might need to find a way to reverse the ritual instead. Tempted to beat the answers out of their bodies, but I doubt that would be anything more than a waste of my time. Let me see if I can detect anything within the crystal."

Luminae focuses her magic to search the gem for traces of magic and, if so, identify the effects of the item.

Spellcraft to Identify: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29

Scarab Sages

Sarsczek Male N Tiefling Slayer 6 / Living Monlith 3, Level 9, Init 3, HP 74/74, DR 1/-, Speed 30 AC 20, Touch 13, Flat-footed 17, CMD 26, Fort 11, Ref 10, Will 8, CMB +13, Base Attack Bonus 8

"Wakey wakey Swareti"

He looks back at his compatriots. "Um... he not waking. Seems alive though... is he under a spell?"

The Exchange

active effects:
wildshape (50m), barkskin (40m), longstrider (6h), bone fists (6m), resist fire 20, heroism (50m), bulls strength(6m)
Male Tengu Barbarian (untamed rager) 2/Brawler (snakebite striker) 1/Druid (kraken caller) 4 | AC 30 T 19 FF 21 | HP [54/54] 54/54 | F +14 R +10 W +10 | Init +3 | Perc +14 (17 in bright light) lowlight vision | rage (11/13) | supplies (7/7)

"Eh, is he just wounded? Someone want to try a wand on him, yes? I got a devil-wand right here, yes, heals good. I don't know how to work it no more though."

If fact Malachi has two wands from back when he was a level 1 Bloodrager, pre- lore warden nerf. Infernal Healing and Shield. Can anyone use them, via spell lists or UMD?

So Malachi also has a clw wand now, naturally.


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Luminae is unable to rouse the captives, but determines that they are suffering from some sort of disease, but also seem to be wasting away separately from that condition... And the gem's to blame. It seems to be slowly leeching their souls from their body and passing them along into somewhere in the Ethereal Plane. Shattering the link should help, or at least stop it from draining them further.

The Exchange

active effects:
wildshape (50m), barkskin (40m), longstrider (6h), bone fists (6m), resist fire 20, heroism (50m), bulls strength(6m)
Male Tengu Barbarian (untamed rager) 2/Brawler (snakebite striker) 1/Druid (kraken caller) 4 | AC 30 T 19 FF 21 | HP [54/54] 54/54 | F +14 R +10 W +10 | Init +3 | Perc +14 (17 in bright light) lowlight vision | rage (11/13) | supplies (7/7)

"So, smash the jewel yes?" Malachi sadly eyes the malignant gemstone and readies his hammer.


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Mayyybe ::Waggles her eyebrows suggestively::

The Exchange

active effects:
wildshape (50m), barkskin (40m), longstrider (6h), bone fists (6m), resist fire 20, heroism (50m), bulls strength(6m)
Male Tengu Barbarian (untamed rager) 2/Brawler (snakebite striker) 1/Druid (kraken caller) 4 | AC 30 T 19 FF 21 | HP [54/54] 54/54 | F +14 R +10 W +10 | Init +3 | Perc +14 (17 in bright light) lowlight vision | rage (11/13) | supplies (7/7)

"OK, you ready yes?"

If not prevented by a PC Malachi winds up and whacks the black gem with his adamantine hammer.

not sure if it needs an attack roll, but just in case...

smashy smashy, bof, pa: 1d20 + 10 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 10 + 2 - 2 = 24
damage: 1d12 + 5 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 6 = 17 magic, adamantine


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

It takes several strikes, but eventually Malachi shatters the gem. The effect is instantaneous; a bloom of health returns to the unconscious captives, and they all gradually begin to stir. They certainly don't appear to be in the best shape, but they're probably well enough to question if you help them or keep them calm. Heal or Diplomacy

Dark Archive

CN F Half-Elf Oracle 8 | HP 58/78 (if took 20 from life link) | AC 27 | T 13 | FF 25 | CMD 18 | Fort +9 | Ref +7 | Will +11 | Init +2 | Perc +2 | Spells Left (2,6,3,2) | resist energy (fire)

"Beaten and battered. Alive. I guess I should be happy, but now I get nagging to fix them up. Work never ends." Luminae gives a cough as she tries to focus on the injuries and calm down the group in her nicest candor as she punctuates sentences with hacking and coughing.

"Settle down and focus up. You all seem to be better and as long as you don't go running off I can make sure to tend to the rest of your wounds. Thank whatever gods you wish and accept this healing."

Luminae will release a bit of the healing within her as a wave of energy to heal the injured captives. Healing Channel: 4d6 ⇒ (6, 3, 5, 3) = 17

"Now don't go yelling at me, let me go around and take a look at you to see if any of you need anymore treatment. If you are feeling better I'm sure the others would like to ask some questions."

Diplomacy?: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28

Goes through the captives, starting with Swareti, she looks for other physical injuries that need to tended to with magic before they can get moving. She asks them, "Now what brought these duergar fools back again? I thought after the last beating they got they would have the common sense to stay away from you. Do you know what fool plan they had for you all?


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Luminae's ministrations help restore them to consciousness, and they tell a terrible tale, that they had been living within nightmares of a dark void with only awful cackles echoing around in the emptiness.

Swareti blearily looks from side to side, blinking back into awareness, "Aslynn... the duergar said her name was... Aslynn."

Knowledge (local) DC 20 (if you haven't encountered her agents before):
Aslynn is a powerful Night Hag who has been vexing the upper echelons of the Pathfinder Society for several years, but is fiendishly clever at avoiding direct confrontation.

"These aren't the only minions she sent here. There are strange monsters roaming these caves; without the duergar... who knows? They might hunker down and hide, but if you can... we're certainly not ready for a fight."

Alright that's a success! You can head to one of the other Tapestry locations, or you can continue to battle here (but it's less... story-based).

Grand Lodge

Male NG Halfling Ranger 8 | HP 52 | AC 20 (19) T 15 FF 16 (15) (no buckler) | CMB +9, CMD 23 | F: +9, R: +13, W: +7; +2 vs. fear | Init: +6 | Perc +15, SM +2, (+5 to both w/perceive cues), low-light vision | Speed 20ft | Favored Enemies: Human +4, Undead +2; Favored Terrain: Urban +4, Underground +2 | Spells: 1st (2), 2nd (2) | Woodland Stride

knowledge, local: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27

if they are asking for help, Peribras is inclined to give it

"So Aslynn is behind this!" see the spoiler

Scarab Sages

Sarsczek Male N Tiefling Slayer 6 / Living Monlith 3, Level 9, Init 3, HP 74/74, DR 1/-, Speed 30 AC 20, Touch 13, Flat-footed 17, CMD 26, Fort 11, Ref 10, Will 8, CMB +13, Base Attack Bonus 8

"Theres lotsa stuff fallin apart... and I fink you're safe here for now. Hunker down... we be back once we sure not everyfing is gunna fall 'part."

Looks like both Luminae and Peribras both have a connection to the Temple of Empyreal Enlightenment... also that was a super-memorable scenario for me... so that'll be my vote.

Dark Archive

CN F Half-Elf Oracle 8 | HP 58/78 (if took 20 from life link) | AC 27 | T 13 | FF 25 | CMD 18 | Fort +9 | Ref +7 | Will +11 | Init +2 | Perc +2 | Spells Left (2,6,3,2) | resist energy (fire)

While I'm happy to continue helping them, I rather go help in other areas for the time being. Given the options I would like to second going to the Mission 3: The Temple of Empyreal Enlightenment.

Luminae scowls at them and is quick to chastise the group. "If you haven't noticed there is hell being raised all across this plane and voices calling out for help. Fine a safe space here to keep hidden for the time. If you can kep up we might be able to drop you off at the traveling merchant. I'm sure they could use help moving the gear around. I'm sure we will be back soon to help with something or another."


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

The path between worlds is not a simple one, nor is it particularly short, but the portal is opened, and in a swell of new scents and sounds you suddenly burst out into the light. ~70 minutes have passed since you emerged into the cave, so many buffs have gone down

The Temple of Empyreal Enlightenment, crafted of white marble, rests atop a forested hill. Three aasimars stand guard before ornate double doors that bear an image of four spheres resting inside a lotus flower. Recognizing agents of the Pathfinder Society, the aasimars open the doors and lead the way to the temple’s garden courtyard. The sight of Peribras and Luminae seems to ripple through the monks as you walk through. Most smile, beaming with gratitude, but a few merely turn their heads away in shame...

The garden’s plants are brown and withered. A Tian man sits at the edge of a dried-up fountain, staring forlornly at the noble turtle in its center. The man has hazel eyes and a streak of white in his hair. Several temple acolytes are busy preparing incense, meditating, and inscribing symbols on the fountain. One of the aasimar speaks. "This is Zhuang, our leader. After you Pathfinders defeated the demon, Dakang, and purged the temple of corruption, Zhuang was determined to set us on a better path. We now aid wayward travelers in the tapestry and spread Korada’s teachings. However, Dakang’s deceptions have always plagued Zhuang, and he is on the verge of abandoning the temple. He has been sitting like this for many days, and neither speaks nor eats. Will you help us with a ritual to bring peace to his mind?"

Dark Archive

CN F Half-Elf Oracle 8 | HP 58/78 (if took 20 from life link) | AC 27 | T 13 | FF 25 | CMD 18 | Fort +9 | Ref +7 | Will +11 | Init +2 | Perc +2 | Spells Left (2,6,3,2) | resist energy (fire)

Luminae gives a nod to the various people within the temple, but is constantly looking around for hidden attackers and is constantly looking at her fellow Pathfinders, lest they find some reason to break off to explore the building on their own. "Spreading his teachings? Urgh. See little reason why given what your faith got you in the first place." She fights herself as she forces herself to say something nice(r), "At least this is a far better place now. Every person you help is one less person I'm expected to leap into the fray to save."

"I have no reason to chain Zhuang to this place if he rather leave, it is his life to life and I have no more right to tell him what to do than him me. But if he isn't taking care of himself then that is a problem. I'm not going to let him starve himself while he sits right there. What sort of ritual are you suggesting?"

The Exchange

active effects:
wildshape (50m), barkskin (40m), longstrider (6h), bone fists (6m), resist fire 20, heroism (50m), bulls strength(6m)
Male Tengu Barbarian (untamed rager) 2/Brawler (snakebite striker) 1/Druid (kraken caller) 4 | AC 30 T 19 FF 21 | HP [54/54] 54/54 | F +14 R +10 W +10 | Init +3 | Perc +14 (17 in bright light) lowlight vision | rage (11/13) | supplies (7/7)

"Eh, aren't we all leaving, yes? Tapestry is unraveling, might be best to go yes. But if your ritual might help your leader, sure."

Weird places, monasteries. Everybody looking inward, yes. Too blind to see the world that is, and all its treasures. I wonder what happened here?

Malachi looks over the Temple and its occupants, barely hiding his disdain for the contemplative lifestyle.

Temple of Empyreal Enlightenment was my second ever PFS experience - had a great GM, and the scenario was awesome.

Grand Lodge

F Human Bolt Ace 5, Brawler 2, Weaponmaster 2. |HP 76/76| AC 24 /T18 /FF17 | init +9 | CMD 26| Fort 14/Ref 16/Will 6|Grit 3/4| Martial flexibility 2/4| Boots of Speed 7/10

Oh, uh, hello there! I dont know how I could help with such a ritual, but I'd be happy to try!

Grand Lodge

Tian-Shu Human Kineticist L7 | HP: 73+7/73+7 NL21 | AC:23+1 T:14+1 FF:20 (25% miss ranged except massive wpns & rays) | CMB:6+2 CMD:19+1 | Saves F:13+1+2 R:11+1+2 W:8+2 (+2 vs heat, breaths, clouds, gases) | Init:+3 | Per:+13+2 | Spd: 30 fly 60(gd) | Reroll: 1/1 | Status: burn 3/9 | Buffer: 1/1 | Fortification 0% | Air Wysp HP: 36/36 | Conditions: elemental overflow (+2 Dex, +2 Con); heroism (50m)

Fung stares openly in awe of the temple, unaware of its darker history. (I enjoyed Temple of Empyreal Enlightenment very much, but just not with Fung.) In fact, he clearly starts looking confused about the the battle with demon, Dakang. He tries to wrap his head around a massive battle in the temple grounds, but just can't imagine it.

The kind-hearted Fung is all ready to offer to help, until he hears Luminae's wise words. "That is true. Whether he decides to stay or leave should be his decision? The ritual is not going to magically enchant or brainwash him, is it?"


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

"No, no. The ritual will simply allow you to enter Zhuang's mind and see the temple as he does. We know that you Pathfinders slew Dakang and drove his corruption hence, but... I fear he is haunted by that time in more than memory."

"If you are ready?"

The acolytes gather round and gently chant and intone until your sight begins to blur and the world around you seems to melt.

As your vision clears the garden has emptied except for Zhuang, who remains unmoving. They sky is locked in a perpetual dusk, and all around you the wind howls, carrying anguished shrieks along with it.

The door to the crypts lies open nearby, but as you approach the sarcophagi bulge open and dozens and dozens of skeletal figures try to burst forth - clawing at one another in their eagerness to rend you limb from limb!

You can either Beat Them Back with melee attack rolls, or Quick - Shut The Lids! with initiative checks. I'll be taking the highest result and treating other attempts as Aid Anothers

Scarab Sages

Sarsczek Male N Tiefling Slayer 6 / Living Monlith 3, Level 9, Init 3, HP 74/74, DR 1/-, Speed 30 AC 20, Touch 13, Flat-footed 17, CMD 26, Fort 11, Ref 10, Will 8, CMB +13, Base Attack Bonus 8

"Ooh, I'm a espert at jumping into minds... I went into some really powerful minds! Even a dragon... dass how dey let me get onna dees!"

He points at his Sage Jewel, grinning, then snaps back when he realizes that he's already there... and there are sarcophagi about. "Uh oh... more mummies! Oh wait... just skellymen..."

Bite Them Back: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (8) + 15 = 23 +2 if he can also used Studied Combat on them

"You know... I could have jus sang him the song of mah people n'stead"

Dark Archive

CN F Half-Elf Oracle 8 | HP 58/78 (if took 20 from life link) | AC 27 | T 13 | FF 25 | CMD 18 | Fort +9 | Ref +7 | Will +11 | Init +2 | Perc +2 | Spells Left (2,6,3,2) | resist energy (fire)

"If there is corruption still left from the fighting years ago, then I'll help make sure it is removed. The monster was horrific enough that I would gladly go out of my way to make sure any trace of it is removed from this world."

She joins in the ritual and looks sourly at the area again. "More of the dead. Go back to your tomb and leave the living be before you create more work for me!"

For beat them back, would be alright if I used searing light (first preference) or channel energy (second preference) to help further? If not I'll make a melee attack.

Attack Roll:
Light Mace: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25 +2 if it was the searing light ranged attack instead.


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

You can use Channel Energy. It'll automatically succeed at aiding with a +4

Grand Lodge

F Human Bolt Ace 5, Brawler 2, Weaponmaster 2. |HP 76/76| AC 24 /T18 /FF17 | init +9 | CMD 26| Fort 14/Ref 16/Will 6|Grit 3/4| Martial flexibility 2/4| Boots of Speed 7/10

Zera will run around to the coffin lids and shut them to stem the tide."Nooooo nononono you get back in there!"

Quick, shut the lids!: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Luminae's wave of positive energy and Zera's quick reflexes give Sarsczek the opportunity to hurl the skeletons back and re-seal the sarcophagi!

Continuing on you hear concerning noises emanating from the library. Inside you see two young acolytes sitting facing each other on the floor. They read aloud from unholy texts, and tears of blood drip onto the pages from their exhausted unblinking eyes.

You can either try to snap them out of it by Speaking the Words of Korada from memory (Knowledge (religion)), or by Finding a Holy Text within this accursed library (Perception)

Grand Lodge

F Human Bolt Ace 5, Brawler 2, Weaponmaster 2. |HP 76/76| AC 24 /T18 /FF17 | init +9 | CMD 26| Fort 14/Ref 16/Will 6|Grit 3/4| Martial flexibility 2/4| Boots of Speed 7/10

Zera will search frantically around the library, pulling out all the books she can find to see if she can find one that will help

"Where is it, cmon where IS it? Is it under K for 'Korada' or H for 'Holy' or W for 'Words, Holy'? Aaaargh, nothing is sorted right in this cursed room!"

perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (17) + 15 = 32

51 to 100 of 427 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Cwethan's Hao Jin Cataclysm (7-8 Classic) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.