Cwethan's Hao Jin Cataclysm (7-8 Classic) (Inactive)

Game Master Cwethan

Maps & Handouts


151 to 200 of 427 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

F Human Bolt Ace 5, Brawler 2, Weaponmaster 2. |HP 76/76| AC 24 /T18 /FF17 | init +9 | CMD 26| Fort 14/Ref 16/Will 6|Grit 3/4| Martial flexibility 2/4| Boots of Speed 7/10

Seeing Malachi in danger, Zera will focus on downing the new threat to save him!

I got your back my feathered friend!

5 foot forward and a rain of bolts, fervor for extra attack, 2 grit for touch on last 2 attacks

Basic Crossbow Full Attack
Hand Crossbow full attack: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (9) + 15 = 24
Hand Crossbow damage: 1d4 + 16 ⇒ (3) + 16 = 19

Hand Crossbow full attack: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (4) + 15 = 19
Hand Crossbow damage: 1d4 + 16 ⇒ (2) + 16 = 18

Hand Crossbow full attack: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (4) + 15 = 19
Hand Crossbow damage: 1d4 + 16 ⇒ (2) + 16 = 18

Hand Crossbow full attack v touch: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
Hand Crossbow damage: 1d4 + 16 ⇒ (4) + 16 = 20

Hand Crossbow full attack v touch: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
Hand Crossbow damage: 1d4 + 16 ⇒ (1) + 16 = 17

and one of the touch attacks is a critical threat

Hand Crossbow critical confirm v touch: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24
Hand Crossbow bonus critical damage: 2d4 + 32 ⇒ (1, 4) + 32 = 37

Grand Lodge

F Human Bolt Ace 5, Brawler 2, Weaponmaster 2. |HP 76/76| AC 24 /T18 /FF17 | init +9 | CMD 26| Fort 14/Ref 16/Will 6|Grit 3/4| Martial flexibility 2/4| Boots of Speed 7/10

Sorry to clutter the board, it looks like my last post did not go through, despite my post history saying it did, so testing.

(Edit) There it is

The Exchange

active effects:
wildshape (50m), barkskin (40m), longstrider (6h), bone fists (6m), resist fire 20, heroism (50m), bulls strength(6m)
Male Tengu Barbarian (untamed rager) 2/Brawler (snakebite striker) 1/Druid (kraken caller) 4 | AC 30 T 19 FF 21 | HP [54/54] 54/54 | F +14 R +10 W +10 | Init +3 | Perc +14 (17 in bright light) lowlight vision | rage (11/13) | supplies (7/7)

Fort vs mummy: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16 that's probably enough? if it's not an Advanced mummy :o


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Sarsczek Will: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

Sarsczek throws off the mummy's aura of despair and CRONCHES into its arm with a puff of dust. It doesn't look quite as hurt as he would've hoped...

Zera, I don't think you have line of sight from there (see slide 6). You can get LOS by getting closer (and maybe getting paralyzed once you're within LOS/LOE), or by moving farther away from the cliffs and taking some shots with cover. Also, Fung, go ahead and roll for paralysis before the rest of your turn. (I try to only roll saves for you guys when I need to know the results to resolve other things in the same post)

Leafy foliage and stairs are difficult.
Walls and Obelisks are 10' high, The Ziggurat is 20' high
You are currently 10' beneath the ground level of much of the map.
Lifelinks are up, Blessing of Fervor is up
The Bold May Go!

Sarsczek
Fung - Needs to make a Will Save
Malachi -23, Paralyzed for 4 rounds (Polly -5, Paralyzed)
[b]Peribras
Zera
Luminae

'Linen wrapped undead' -13

Grand Lodge

F Human Bolt Ace 5, Brawler 2, Weaponmaster 2. |HP 76/76| AC 24 /T18 /FF17 | init +9 | CMD 26| Fort 14/Ref 16/Will 6|Grit 3/4| Martial flexibility 2/4| Boots of Speed 7/10

Got it, thought I could draw a clean line across the stairs, but I guess I wasn't thinking with a Z axis. I will move just up the stairs and attempt a will save (if I'm reading everything correct), and I will use martial flexibility to gain clustered shots if it looks like Sarsczek's bite was resisted.

will v aura: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

ha haaaaaa... well, I may have saved some resources! I am now paralyzed, yes?


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Yep, for Rounds: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Dark Archive

CN F Half-Elf Oracle 8 | HP 58/78 (if took 20 from life link) | AC 27 | T 13 | FF 25 | CMD 18 | Fort +9 | Ref +7 | Will +11 | Init +2 | Perc +2 | Spells Left (2,6,3,2) | resist energy (fire)

Malachi and Polly both heal for 5. Luminae takes 10.

As the wounds from her allies transfer to her, she isn't surprised, but is still furious as she seethes with rage. "Only a minor wound for now, keep it that way. Sarsczek, keep the attention on you. Don't let Malachi get mauled. Give me a moment and I'll try to have him fixed up assuming there aren't any more of them ambushing us."

Luminae will cast bless, granting everyone a +1 morale bonus on attacks and saving throws vs fear.

Five foot step, cast bless, draw scroll of remove fear.

I would cast remove fear this turn (on Zera), but with only the one scroll I am prioritizing the person in melee. I'll cast it on Malachi next turn if I'm able.

Grand Lodge

Tian-Shu Human Kineticist L7 | HP: 73+7/73+7 NL21 | AC:23+1 T:14+1 FF:20 (25% miss ranged except massive wpns & rays) | CMB:6+2 CMD:19+1 | Saves F:13+1+2 R:11+1+2 W:8+2 (+2 vs heat, breaths, clouds, gases) | Init:+3 | Per:+13+2 | Spd: 30 fly 60(gd) | Reroll: 1/1 | Status: burn 3/9 | Buffer: 1/1 | Fortification 0% | Air Wysp HP: 36/36 | Conditions: elemental overflow (+2 Dex, +2 Con); heroism (50m)

Will DC?: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

I think that's not enough since Polly also failed with that roll. So Fung is paralysed and plummets 10 feet to the ground but he has air cushion, i.e. automatic feather fall.

Fung suddenly feels his mind overwhelmed as he entire body seizing up. The winds about him, however, continue to buffet about him, lowering him gently to the ground.

I almost bought talisman of freedom, but decided to go with other talismans in the end. Sigh.

Grand Lodge

Male NG Halfling Ranger 8 | HP 52 | AC 20 (19) T 15 FF 16 (15) (no buckler) | CMB +9, CMD 23 | F: +9, R: +13, W: +7; +2 vs. fear | Init: +6 | Perc +15, SM +2, (+5 to both w/perceive cues), low-light vision | Speed 20ft | Favored Enemies: Human +4, Undead +2; Favored Terrain: Urban +4, Underground +2 | Spells: 1st (2), 2nd (2) | Woodland Stride

I will use the aid token

Grand Lodge

Male NG Halfling Ranger 8 | HP 52 | AC 20 (19) T 15 FF 16 (15) (no buckler) | CMB +9, CMD 23 | F: +9, R: +13, W: +7; +2 vs. fear | Init: +6 | Perc +15, SM +2, (+5 to both w/perceive cues), low-light vision | Speed 20ft | Favored Enemies: Human +4, Undead +2; Favored Terrain: Urban +4, Underground +2 | Spells: 1st (2), 2nd (2) | Woodland Stride

Peribras lets loose a spray of blunt arrows at the creature.

+3 darkwood comp. +2 str longbow, bracers of archery, deadly aim, bless, favored enemy, aid token: 1d20 + 17 + 1 - 3 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 17 + 1 - 3 + 1 + 2 = 28
bludgeoning, magic: 1d6 + 5 + 6 + 2 + 3d8 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 6 + 2 + (4, 6, 1) = 29

fervor attack
+3 darkwood comp. +2 str longbow, bracers of archery, deadly aim, bless, favored enemy: 1d20 + 17 + 1 - 3 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 17 + 1 - 3 + 1 + 2 = 32
bludgeoning, magic: 1d6 + 5 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 6 + 2 = 16

+3 darkwood comp. +2 str longbow, bracers of archery, deadly aim, bless, favored enemy: 1d20 + 12 + 1 - 3 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 12 + 1 - 3 + 1 + 2 = 30
bludgeoning, magic: 1d6 + 5 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 6 + 2 = 14

FYI you can bot me sooner next time. I am still at a conference


Female N animal (wolf) ranger animal companion 8 | HP 66 | AC 23  T 11 FF 21 | CMB +12, CMD 24 | F: +10, R: +7, W: +5; +4 will vs. enchantments; evasion | Perc: +6, SM: +1, low-light vision, scent | Speed 50ft

Darkpaw growls and bites at the terrible creature.

bite, attack, bless, favored enemy, aid token flanking: 1d20 + 11 + 1 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 11 + 1 + 2 + 2 = 23
b/p/s: 2d6 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (2, 3) + 9 + 2 = 16
free trip attempt: 1d20 + 13 + 1 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 13 + 1 + 2 + 2 = 28

blessing of fervor
bite, attack, bless, favored enemy, aid token flanking: 1d20 + 11 + 1 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 11 + 1 + 2 + 2 = 24
b/p/s: 2d6 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (1, 6) + 9 + 2 = 18
free trip attempt: 1d20 + 13 + 1 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 13 + 1 + 2 + 2 = 28

Dark Archive

CN F Half-Elf Oracle 8 | HP 58/78 (if took 20 from life link) | AC 27 | T 13 | FF 25 | CMD 18 | Fort +9 | Ref +7 | Will +11 | Init +2 | Perc +2 | Spells Left (2,6,3,2) | resist energy (fire)

For Darkpaw's turn, the extra attack from blessing of fervor can only trigger on a full attack. It looks like she moved and even still is 20 feet from melee of the "linen wrapped undead". Also closing the distance likely will require will saves from her and Peribras.

Knowledge (religion) to Identify Linen Wrapped Undead: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Looks like Darkpaw needs to move up the stairs still to make those attacks. Since Peribras has IPS, I'll assume the shots happened before entering the 'maybe paralyzed' zone, so I'll only test for Darkpaw, since that's all I need to resolve things.

Fung Paralysis: 1d4 ⇒ 1
Darkpaw: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 1 = 9
Paralysis rounds: 1d4 ⇒ 1

Aided by a storm of bullets from a dashing Half-Orc, Peribras's hail of arrows tears away at the creature, shattering and battering it until it barely remains standing. Unfortunately, Darkpaw is overcome by sheer horror, and is unable to strike the killing blow!

The mummy shambles forward towards Sarsczek, no doubt sensing the longstanding battle between Monster and Mummy, and hoping to bring it to a close! However, Sarsczek, clearly a veteran of many such conflicts, easily ducks its powerful swing!

Slam: 1d20 + 14 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 14 - 2 = 13
Bludgeoning: 1d8 + 10 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 10 + 6 = 18

Leafy foliage and stairs are difficult.
Walls and Obelisks are 10' high, The Ziggurat is 20' high
You are currently 10' beneath the ground level of much of the map.
Lifelinks are up, Blessing of Fervor is up, Bless is up
The Bold May Go!

Sarsczek
Fung

Malachi -18, Paralyzed for 3 rounds (Polly Paralyzed)
Peribras Peribras possibly paralyzed. DC 16 will to avoid (Fear)
Zera - Paralyzed for 1 round
Luminae -10
'Linen wrapped undead' -57

Scarab Sages

Sarsczek Male N Tiefling Slayer 6 / Living Monlith 3, Level 9, Init 3, HP 74/74, DR 1/-, Speed 30 AC 20, Touch 13, Flat-footed 17, CMD 26, Fort 11, Ref 10, Will 8, CMB +13, Base Attack Bonus 8

Oh... oh boy... Allied Offensive? Free flanking? Don't mind if I do!

Sarsczek takes advantage of the moment's distraction and turns into a blur of teeth and claws...

Once one attack hits, I get my free studied target effect. Add 2 to all attacks after the first one hits. Damage boost is already included.

Bite, Flank, Bless, PA: 1d20 + 15 + 2 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (2) + 15 + 2 + 1 - 3 = 17
Damage, PA, Acid, Study, Sneak Attack: 1d6 + 6 + 6 + 1d6 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 6 + (6) + 2 + (5, 5) = 34

Claw 1, Flank, Bless, PA: 1d20 + 15 + 2 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (18) + 15 + 2 + 1 - 3 = 33
Damage, PA, Acid, Study, Sneak Attack: 1d4 + 6 + 6 + 1d6 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 6 + (1) + 2 + (3, 5) = 26

Claw 2, Flank, Bless, PA: 1d20 + 14 + 2 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (13) + 14 + 2 + 1 - 3 = 27
Damage, PA, Acid, Study, Sneak Attack: 1d4 + 5 + 6 + 1d6 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 6 + (6) + 2 + (2, 6) = 28

Fervor Bite, Flank, Bless, PA: 1d20 + 14 + 2 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (11) + 14 + 2 + 1 - 3 = 25
Damage, PA, Acid, Study, Sneak Attack: 1d6 + 5 + 6 + 1d6 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 6 + (2) + 2 + (5, 1) = 23

"Fanks fellow paffinders! Mummies are tricky... and taste dry."


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Bolstered by the harrying fire of Peribras and his gunslinger buddy, Sarsczek brutally tears the mummy apart in a cloud of swiftly dissolving dust!

Once everyone has returned to their senses, and your guides have come slinking back, you are able to examine the broken ziggurat more closely. The southwest corner of the structure has collapsed, revealing an interior stone door covered in runes of different colors.

Several lizardfolk bodies lie nearby. Your guides cry out in their own hissing tongue, then explaining that, "Oosthic sent them to retrieve whatever lies beyond the door! Do you think it was the undead who murdered them?"

Heal DC 23:
There are signs of poisoning, but no injection wounds, or any blistering around the airways to suggest that the poison was inhaled...

The runes themselves don't appear to be in any language you are familiar with, but Peribras, Sarsczek, and particularly Malachi are able to coax together a rough translation from similar tongues.

The red runes read: Warm blood feeds the cold god.

Knowledge (religion) DC 18 or Heal DC 28:
Serpentfolk often sacrificed 'lesser' creatures to their cruel gods.

The white runes read: Pure minds speak in silence.

Knowledge (arcana or history) DC 23:
The serpentfolk are masters of telepathy and view creatures lacking telepathy as beings fit only for servitude. Silence is sacred to them, and they prefer magical forms of communication.

The green runes read: False skin emboldens the true.

Knowledge (local or nature) DC 18 or Bluff DC 28:
Serpentfolk are masters of disguise, even using rituals to permanently alter their appearance.

What do you do?

Scarab Sages

Sarsczek Male N Tiefling Slayer 6 / Living Monlith 3, Level 9, Init 3, HP 74/74, DR 1/-, Speed 30 AC 20, Touch 13, Flat-footed 17, CMD 26, Fort 11, Ref 10, Will 8, CMB +13, Base Attack Bonus 8

Religion: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
History: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (9) + 16 = 25

"Ooh! Runes and pyramids! Juss like in Osirion... lesseee here..."

He scratches his chin as he ponders the first rune. "Warm blood feeds the cold god... um... probly 'bout sacrifices. They like ta sacrifice 'lesser' creatures..."

For some reason, Sarsczek's bizarre dialect seems to disappear when reading written texts.

"Pure minds speak in silence... Well... scalys like ta use telepathy... and anyone who doesn't they figure are only good as slaves... they like silence and magical ways to talk..."

He struggles with the last one.

"False skin emboldens the truth... iono... sumfin 'bout armor or cloving?"

He cautiously and quietly inspects the door for traps before recommending a course of action.

Perception (Trapfinding): 1d20 + 10 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 10 + 3 = 27

"Prob'ly somefin like... be really quiet, spill some blood on the door ann... um..."

He looks to the others for help.


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Sarsczek doesn't see anything amiss with the door.

Grand Lodge

Male NG Halfling Ranger 8 | HP 52 | AC 20 (19) T 15 FF 16 (15) (no buckler) | CMB +9, CMD 23 | F: +9, R: +13, W: +7; +2 vs. fear | Init: +6 | Perc +15, SM +2, (+5 to both w/perceive cues), low-light vision | Speed 20ft | Favored Enemies: Human +4, Undead +2; Favored Terrain: Urban +4, Underground +2 | Spells: 1st (2), 2nd (2) | Woodland Stride

ah. I was using theater of the mind and thought Darkpaw could have reached it with a 5' step. With Darkpaw moving, Peribras would have fallen off of her on purpose to keep his distance. Moot point now.

knowledge, local: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

Peribras feels that if the last piece of the puzzle were available, the party would be able to solve the riddle... But unfortunately it does not come to him.

if no one else gets it I will use a GM star reroll

Grand Lodge

F Human Bolt Ace 5, Brawler 2, Weaponmaster 2. |HP 76/76| AC 24 /T18 /FF17 | init +9 | CMD 26| Fort 14/Ref 16/Will 6|Grit 3/4| Martial flexibility 2/4| Boots of Speed 7/10

Zera will do her best to examine the wounds of the lizardfolk

heal: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

"Huh, beats me. Probably undead, safe bet."

Zera immediately recognizes that she will be unable to assist with the red or white runes, but the green runes seem to trigger some kind of nugget of knowledge...

local: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

About this lovely forest near her hometown and.. "Wait, what was I doing?"

Dark Archive

CN F Half-Elf Oracle 8 | HP 58/78 (if took 20 from life link) | AC 27 | T 13 | FF 25 | CMD 18 | Fort +9 | Ref +7 | Will +11 | Init +2 | Perc +2 | Spells Left (2,6,3,2) | resist energy (fire)

With the combat over Luminae focuses herself and grits her teeth as allows herself to be engulfed with golden-white light, her humanoid form far less recognizable. She moves through Peribras healing his lingering wounds before halting the transformation with an exhausted cough.

Energy Body Healing: 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Energy Body Healing: 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Lifelink heals Peribras for another 5. Then I heal him for another 14 points. Then heal myself for 14 leaving me with 1 point of damage.

"I can't tell what killed them. If it wasn't the wretches outside then we need to be careful and quick."

Knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

"Sarsczek is right though. The serpentfolk used sacrifice to their own gods."

The Exchange

active effects:
wildshape (50m), barkskin (40m), longstrider (6h), bone fists (6m), resist fire 20, heroism (50m), bulls strength(6m)
Male Tengu Barbarian (untamed rager) 2/Brawler (snakebite striker) 1/Druid (kraken caller) 4 | AC 30 T 19 FF 21 | HP [54/54] 54/54 | F +14 R +10 W +10 | Init +3 | Perc +14 (17 in bright light) lowlight vision | rage (11/13) | supplies (7/7)

Did you mean Malachi to be the target of your healing, Luminae? I don't think Peribras took damage.

Malachi recovers from his ordeal with the mummy, and Polly flaps over to his shoulder. "Eh, bloody mummy yes. My thanks, you're a fine crew, yes."

Mal looks over the runes, and focuses on the third set.

know.nature, polly: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 7 + 1 = 20

"False skin emboldens the true" - it means disguise, yes. The serpentfolk who used this place would use ritual to permanently alter their appearance, yes."

So we translated and decoded everything - what now? Silently spill the blood of a non-telepathic creature whilst being in disguise or shapeshifted? Malachi is technically in wild shape at present.


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

You've got some info, let's see some actions!

Scarab Sages

Sarsczek Male N Tiefling Slayer 6 / Living Monlith 3, Level 9, Init 3, HP 74/74, DR 1/-, Speed 30 AC 20, Touch 13, Flat-footed 17, CMD 26, Fort 11, Ref 10, Will 8, CMB +13, Base Attack Bonus 8

Sarsczek thinks for a bit. "Hmm... so um... I dun have telly-pathy... so I can drip some blood on the door real quiet-like, then Mally can try to open the door all quietly in disguise?"

I approve of Malachi's solution and say let's do it!

The Exchange

active effects:
wildshape (50m), barkskin (40m), longstrider (6h), bone fists (6m), resist fire 20, heroism (50m), bulls strength(6m)
Male Tengu Barbarian (untamed rager) 2/Brawler (snakebite striker) 1/Druid (kraken caller) 4 | AC 30 T 19 FF 21 | HP [54/54] 54/54 | F +14 R +10 W +10 | Init +3 | Perc +14 (17 in bright light) lowlight vision | rage (11/13) | supplies (7/7)

"Heh, I think perhaps I have to draw your blood, Sarsczek, yes. But I will be gentle and quiet."

Malachi brandishes a long sharp claw, and studies the door.

perception, polly: 1d20 + 14 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 14 + 1 = 29

So if nobody objects, Malachi will use a disguise kit (as well as being in wild shape - belt and braces) and then draw his claw across Sarsczek's palm to drip blood on the door, then will try to open it.

Scarab Sages

Sarsczek Male N Tiefling Slayer 6 / Living Monlith 3, Level 9, Init 3, HP 74/74, DR 1/-, Speed 30 AC 20, Touch 13, Flat-footed 17, CMD 26, Fort 11, Ref 10, Will 8, CMB +13, Base Attack Bonus 8

Sarsczek holds out his hand for Malachi to cut and makes sure not to make a peep once this 'ritual' starts.


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Seems like two votes to me :-)
Mal, could I get a Disguise check and a Fort save?

Dark Archive

CN F Half-Elf Oracle 8 | HP 58/78 (if took 20 from life link) | AC 27 | T 13 | FF 25 | CMD 18 | Fort +9 | Ref +7 | Will +11 | Init +2 | Perc +2 | Spells Left (2,6,3,2) | resist energy (fire)

Luminae glares as she watches Malachi draw blood from Sarsczek, inflicting wounds on another that she will need to heal, as they perform elements of the ritual. She holds her tongue as they enact their plan in silence. Each of the pair gets a death stare to stop them from doing anything else than drawing blood.

She holds ready in case their plan goes wrong.

The Exchange

active effects:
wildshape (50m), barkskin (40m), longstrider (6h), bone fists (6m), resist fire 20, heroism (50m), bulls strength(6m)
Male Tengu Barbarian (untamed rager) 2/Brawler (snakebite striker) 1/Druid (kraken caller) 4 | AC 30 T 19 FF 21 | HP [54/54] 54/54 | F +14 R +10 W +10 | Init +3 | Perc +14 (17 in bright light) lowlight vision | rage (11/13) | supplies (7/7)

I am vey much hoping that I can claim the typical +10 to Disguise from being in Wild Shape (a polymorph effect), since my starting modifier for the skill is -2!

disguise, kit, polly: 1d20 - 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (14) - 2 + 2 + 1 = 15 possible +5 for disguising minor details, possible +10 for wild shape?

Fort save, polly: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 12 + 1 = 24


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Hmmm... I don't actually read the alternate tentacle growth as still being a polymorph ability... Eh, designer intent seems to be that it is (though he actually outlines why it's not necessary that it be that way in the explanation...)
Regardless, the disguise bonus for polymorph effects only applies to masquerading as a creature of that type, so since the kraken caller's tentacle ability specifically refers to the druid otherwise retaining their own form, I'm gonna say a different Wild Shape would be necessary to get the disguise bonus.
Since you were unaware of my ruling on this, before I resolve the check, would you like to become a friendly seal? (Or other aquatic beasty?)

The Exchange

active effects:
wildshape (50m), barkskin (40m), longstrider (6h), bone fists (6m), resist fire 20, heroism (50m), bulls strength(6m)
Male Tengu Barbarian (untamed rager) 2/Brawler (snakebite striker) 1/Druid (kraken caller) 4 | AC 30 T 19 FF 21 | HP [54/54] 54/54 | F +14 R +10 W +10 | Init +3 | Perc +14 (17 in bright light) lowlight vision | rage (11/13) | supplies (7/7)

That's reasonable GM - a giant (ie Large) octopus seems feasible as it can also get about on land. Thanks :)


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

The rest of Malachi's form joins his temporary tentacular transformation as he attempts to undo the wards. As he snakes out a tendril to try the door, the white runes glimmer unpleasantly, and an awful, sick feeling spreads through his gut, but he thankfully overcomes it.

The door remains shut.

The Exchange

active effects:
wildshape (50m), barkskin (40m), longstrider (6h), bone fists (6m), resist fire 20, heroism (50m), bulls strength(6m)
Male Tengu Barbarian (untamed rager) 2/Brawler (snakebite striker) 1/Druid (kraken caller) 4 | AC 30 T 19 FF 21 | HP [54/54] 54/54 | F +14 R +10 W +10 | Init +3 | Perc +14 (17 in bright light) lowlight vision | rage (11/13) | supplies (7/7)

"Blib-doool-poooolp??"

Eh, what did we do wrong?

Grand Lodge

F Human Bolt Ace 5, Brawler 2, Weaponmaster 2. |HP 76/76| AC 24 /T18 /FF17 | init +9 | CMD 26| Fort 14/Ref 16/Will 6|Grit 3/4| Martial flexibility 2/4| Boots of Speed 7/10

"Well, the white runes lit up right? And Sarsczek said that those were the ones about being telepathic. Maybe a telepath needs to be the disguised blood draw-er? Can anyone do that?"


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

One of the lizardfolk scouts speaks up, with what you think is an expression of trepidation on her face. "If you cannot solve this, should we get Oosthic?"

Grand Lodge

Tian-Shu Human Kineticist L7 | HP: 73+7/73+7 NL21 | AC:23+1 T:14+1 FF:20 (25% miss ranged except massive wpns & rays) | CMB:6+2 CMD:19+1 | Saves F:13+1+2 R:11+1+2 W:8+2 (+2 vs heat, breaths, clouds, gases) | Init:+3 | Per:+13+2 | Spd: 30 fly 60(gd) | Reroll: 1/1 | Status: burn 3/9 | Buffer: 1/1 | Fortification 0% | Air Wysp HP: 36/36 | Conditions: elemental overflow (+2 Dex, +2 Con); heroism (50m)

Fung floats around, looking rather lost. So just to do something, he flies closer to examine the door, hoping to find some other way to get it open.

perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26

(Can anyone cast message? But I think not...)

Scarab Sages

Sarsczek Male N Tiefling Slayer 6 / Living Monlith 3, Level 9, Init 3, HP 74/74, DR 1/-, Speed 30 AC 20, Touch 13, Flat-footed 17, CMD 26, Fort 11, Ref 10, Will 8, CMB +13, Base Attack Bonus 8

Sarsczek shrugs, then silently walks up to the sigil and pokes and prods it a few times.

Take 10 Disable Device, Trapfinding, MW Tools: 10 + 15 + 3 + 2 = 30

Dark Archive

CN F Half-Elf Oracle 8 | HP 58/78 (if took 20 from life link) | AC 27 | T 13 | FF 25 | CMD 18 | Fort +9 | Ref +7 | Will +11 | Init +2 | Perc +2 | Spells Left (2,6,3,2) | resist energy (fire)

Looking aside to the lizardfolk Luminae states, "If Oosthic can break the white runes then send for her before we end up tearing down the wall. Either that or we would need to go to the merchants that followed us in. I'm sure they would be happy to sell us some tool to settle this, it would just take time. I have no way to communicate my thoughts like that, and I certainly don't want to invite others thoughts into my head."

I am unable cast message and I don't have access to other similar effects. I looked through my chronicle sheets and confirmed that there are no random boons that would grant that either. If this could be resolved with a casting of message, we could get one from the merchants we helped at the start, but that would mean leaving the area, and the encounter, to get those tools.

The Exchange

active effects:
wildshape (50m), barkskin (40m), longstrider (6h), bone fists (6m), resist fire 20, heroism (50m), bulls strength(6m)
Male Tengu Barbarian (untamed rager) 2/Brawler (snakebite striker) 1/Druid (kraken caller) 4 | AC 30 T 19 FF 21 | HP [54/54] 54/54 | F +14 R +10 W +10 | Init +3 | Perc +14 (17 in bright light) lowlight vision | rage (11/13) | supplies (7/7)

What's the thinking behind using Message? Is there a non=magical way to accomplish the same ends? Message is just whispered communication isn't it?

Grand Lodge

Tian-Shu Human Kineticist L7 | HP: 73+7/73+7 NL21 | AC:23+1 T:14+1 FF:20 (25% miss ranged except massive wpns & rays) | CMB:6+2 CMD:19+1 | Saves F:13+1+2 R:11+1+2 W:8+2 (+2 vs heat, breaths, clouds, gases) | Init:+3 | Per:+13+2 | Spd: 30 fly 60(gd) | Reroll: 1/1 | Status: burn 3/9 | Buffer: 1/1 | Fortification 0% | Air Wysp HP: 36/36 | Conditions: elemental overflow (+2 Dex, +2 Con); heroism (50m)

Closest I could think of for being "telepathic". :)


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Message would be a reasonable thing to attempt, if only because the communication doesn't actually exist as sound the whole time...

Sarsczek is able to figure out that the other two colors of runes are no longer active, but isn't able to dismantle the white runes.

Also... he doesn't feel so good... Fort save please

Scarab Sages

Sarsczek Male N Tiefling Slayer 6 / Living Monlith 3, Level 9, Init 3, HP 74/74, DR 1/-, Speed 30 AC 20, Touch 13, Flat-footed 17, CMD 26, Fort 11, Ref 10, Will 8, CMB +13, Base Attack Bonus 8

Fort: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17 uh-oh

Sarsczek glares at the rune and silently mouths 'open' before shaking his head and walking back, tail between his legs.


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Sarzczek feels more than a bit queasy, but his unholy fortitude is enough that the accursed poison afflicting him merely leaves him feeling sick.

I'll go ahead and turn things over to Oosthic tomorrow night if another plan isn't underway.


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Oosthic arrives with some of her toughest lizardfolk, and gradually brute force their way through the ward. They are gravely weakened by the end of it, even through the best healing they have to bear, but in the end, the door opens onto a chamber containing ancient tomes of magical knowledge. Oosthic smiles enigmatically when she sees it, turning to her chosen warriors she muses, "At least your suffering will bring prosperity to the Muckmouth."

"Now Sarsczek, we will entrust these tomes to your society, if you will swear to us that they will be returned to us afterwards. Is that agreeable?"

Scarab Sages

Sarsczek Male N Tiefling Slayer 6 / Living Monlith 3, Level 9, Init 3, HP 74/74, DR 1/-, Speed 30 AC 20, Touch 13, Flat-footed 17, CMD 26, Fort 11, Ref 10, Will 8, CMB +13, Base Attack Bonus 8

Sarsczek nods and hands a few antitoxins over to assist the afflicted lizardfolk. "We will have our best scribes make copies, then return da or-i-gin-alls to you. I fink you keep better track of books den the archives do... annyway..."


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

"Thank you my friend. I would expect nothing less."

Okay, that one's a success! Where to next? I should mention that you should expect to have time at some point during this 'chapter' to rest, as Ambrus had suggested you would be in here for two day.s

Grand Lodge

F Human Bolt Ace 5, Brawler 2, Weaponmaster 2. |HP 76/76| AC 24 /T18 /FF17 | init +9 | CMD 26| Fort 14/Ref 16/Will 6|Grit 3/4| Martial flexibility 2/4| Boots of Speed 7/10

"Well, how's everyone feeling? Cause I'm ready to go thwart some Aspis!"

I'll put my vote for number 5. I haven't used any of my resources that I can't get back, so Zera is good to keep going, but I can't speak for the rest of the party.

The Exchange

active effects:
wildshape (50m), barkskin (40m), longstrider (6h), bone fists (6m), resist fire 20, heroism (50m), bulls strength(6m)
Male Tengu Barbarian (untamed rager) 2/Brawler (snakebite striker) 1/Druid (kraken caller) 4 | AC 30 T 19 FF 21 | HP [54/54] 54/54 | F +14 R +10 W +10 | Init +3 | Perc +14 (17 in bright light) lowlight vision | rage (11/13) | supplies (7/7)

"Eh, do they have plunder? If yes, yes, yes."

Mission 5 is good for me, since it's a return for Peribras. I'd like to try the watery sounding Mission 6 afterwards.

I have used up all my wild shapes, but still have lots of rage and a few buff spells. If we've got two days to do the 6 missions we should either rest now or after the next mission.


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

# 5 looks good, but I'll hold off for a few hours to let you guys make the call on resting

Scarab Sages

Sarsczek Male N Tiefling Slayer 6 / Living Monlith 3, Level 9, Init 3, HP 74/74, DR 1/-, Speed 30 AC 20, Touch 13, Flat-footed 17, CMD 26, Fort 11, Ref 10, Will 8, CMB +13, Base Attack Bonus 8

I've used absolutely nothing, so probably rest after next mission. I'm a bit under the weather so bot me as needed.

Dark Archive

CN F Half-Elf Oracle 8 | HP 58/78 (if took 20 from life link) | AC 27 | T 13 | FF 25 | CMD 18 | Fort +9 | Ref +7 | Will +11 | Init +2 | Perc +2 | Spells Left (2,6,3,2) | resist energy (fire)

"I'm feeling horrible. This entire prison is full of screams, pleas, and disasters. All of which want attention and mending. Lets try to get more of this settled and maybe I'll be able to get a good night's sleep. Let's go meet with them quickly."

Agree on mission 5

I'm fine with continuing forward without resting. I haven't used many resources yet.

151 to 200 of 427 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Cwethan's Hao Jin Cataclysm (7-8 Classic) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.