Cwethan's Hao Jin Cataclysm (7-8 Classic) (Inactive)

Game Master Cwethan

Maps & Handouts


101 to 150 of 427 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
The Exchange

active effects:
wildshape (50m), barkskin (40m), longstrider (6h), bone fists (6m), resist fire 20, heroism (50m), bulls strength(6m)
Male Tengu Barbarian (untamed rager) 2/Brawler (snakebite striker) 1/Druid (kraken caller) 4 | AC 30 T 19 FF 21 | HP [54/54] 54/54 | F +14 R +10 W +10 | Init +3 | Perc +14 (17 in bright light) lowlight vision | rage (11/13) | supplies (7/7)

"Eh, this guy's mind is a messed up place yes! Let's find a good book o' shanties, eh?"

perception, find a text, polly: 1d20 + 14 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 14 + 1 = 29 +3 more in bright light

Scarab Sages

Sarsczek Male N Tiefling Slayer 6 / Living Monlith 3, Level 9, Init 3, HP 74/74, DR 1/-, Speed 30 AC 20, Touch 13, Flat-footed 17, CMD 26, Fort 11, Ref 10, Will 8, CMB +13, Base Attack Bonus 8

"Um... um... holy book... a holy book... umm...."

He runs around the library, tripping over his own tail, grabbing book after book. "Hmm... this looks kinda weird... and this looks like sumfin dat Sinuhotep would read. Not that there's anythin wrong with dat... he is a pretty cool guy... but hmm... maybe dis one?"

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20

Dark Archive

CN F Half-Elf Oracle 8 | HP 58/78 (if took 20 from life link) | AC 27 | T 13 | FF 25 | CMD 18 | Fort +9 | Ref +7 | Will +11 | Init +2 | Perc +2 | Spells Left (2,6,3,2) | resist energy (fire)

Luminae is knocked back a few feet by the horror before returning back with rage as she her clenches her hands drawing her mace as she stops to the pair. She barely restrains herself from smashing the unholy texts out of the acolytes hands.

"Don't you dare read one more word! Forget all this garbage that you were tricked into the past. Recite the garbage Korada gives, at the very least you aren't making yourself bleed."

She shows little joy as she spits out bits of the Words of Korada she recalled from her last trip here.

Knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Zera finds the Words of Korada, and as Luminae speaks them aloud, the tormented acolytes cease to chant, and soon dissipate into light. Continuing on, however, you find several more monks in a Meditation Room, performing grotesque contortions and throwing jagged glass spheres to one another while reciting the mantra, "Bind my soul to Sifkesh." In place of the mats that should be here, worms carpet the floor and walls.

You can lead them from this spiral of horrors by demonstrating proper techniques with Acrobatics, or you can disrupt their odd ritual by safely snatching the Sacred Spheres mid-throw with Sleight of Hand.
Also note that Luminae and Peribras, by virtue of their greater connection to Zhuang's mind, may once reroll one of these skill checks, or may attempt a skill untrained, even if that would not normally be allowed.

Grand Lodge

Tian-Shu Human Kineticist L7 | HP: 73+7/73+7 NL21 | AC:23+1 T:14+1 FF:20 (25% miss ranged except massive wpns & rays) | CMB:6+2 CMD:19+1 | Saves F:13+1+2 R:11+1+2 W:8+2 (+2 vs heat, breaths, clouds, gases) | Init:+3 | Per:+13+2 | Spd: 30 fly 60(gd) | Reroll: 1/1 | Status: burn 3/9 | Buffer: 1/1 | Fortification 0% | Air Wysp HP: 36/36 | Conditions: elemental overflow (+2 Dex, +2 Con); heroism (50m)

Fung looks considerably disconcerted by the experience so far, but has nonetheless strove to keep his spirits up.

He looks in drear at what the monks are attempting. "We have to lead them out of that, don't we..."

Floating in air, he spends a moment to interpret his movements, then start to emulate while modifying it towards what would have been basic acrobatics exercises his tutor had once taught him.

acrobatics: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15

Scarab Sages

Sarsczek Male N Tiefling Slayer 6 / Living Monlith 3, Level 9, Init 3, HP 74/74, DR 1/-, Speed 30 AC 20, Touch 13, Flat-footed 17, CMD 26, Fort 11, Ref 10, Will 8, CMB +13, Base Attack Bonus 8

"Ack! This away! This way!"

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16

The Exchange

active effects:
wildshape (50m), barkskin (40m), longstrider (6h), bone fists (6m), resist fire 20, heroism (50m), bulls strength(6m)
Male Tengu Barbarian (untamed rager) 2/Brawler (snakebite striker) 1/Druid (kraken caller) 4 | AC 30 T 19 FF 21 | HP [54/54] 54/54 | F +14 R +10 W +10 | Init +3 | Perc +14 (17 in bright light) lowlight vision | rage (11/13) | supplies (7/7)

"Eh, what happened in this place? Who is this Sifkesh yes? Can't be anything good yes."

Malachi attempts to dodge through the hazards.

acrobatics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Grand Lodge

F Human Bolt Ace 5, Brawler 2, Weaponmaster 2. |HP 76/76| AC 24 /T18 /FF17 | init +9 | CMD 26| Fort 14/Ref 16/Will 6|Grit 3/4| Martial flexibility 2/4| Boots of Speed 7/10

"No no, like this see?"

acrobatics: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (15) + 19 = 34

Grand Lodge

Male NG Halfling Ranger 8 | HP 52 | AC 20 (19) T 15 FF 16 (15) (no buckler) | CMB +9, CMD 23 | F: +9, R: +13, W: +7; +2 vs. fear | Init: +6 | Perc +15, SM +2, (+5 to both w/perceive cues), low-light vision | Speed 20ft | Favored Enemies: Human +4, Undead +2; Favored Terrain: Urban +4, Underground +2 | Spells: 1st (2), 2nd (2) | Woodland Stride

I should clarify; I played this scenario with one of my other characters

Peribras joins Zera in trying to demonstrate the correct way.

1d20+10-2


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

The limber Pathfinders are able to clearly demonstrate contortions and poses that stretch towards enlightenment, rather than merely seeking to cause pain, and Zhuang's vision of his tormented acolytes fades.

In the Chapel however, where a learned master should be passing on wisdom, a bloated corpse stands upon the balcony, preaching heresy and ugly half-truths to an enraptured crowd of worshipers.

You can either attempt to drown him out with Perform (oratory), or Distract the Congregation with Bluff

Dark Archive

CN F Half-Elf Oracle 8 | HP 58/78 (if took 20 from life link) | AC 27 | T 13 | FF 25 | CMD 18 | Fort +9 | Ref +7 | Will +11 | Init +2 | Perc +2 | Spells Left (2,6,3,2) | resist energy (fire)

After seeing the jagged glass flying through the air and now seeing this corpse pontificate and preach his filth to this group fills with her rage and she tries to cut it off, start yelling and cursing the congregation, but instead she devolves into a coughing fit unable to get only the barest fragments of words out.

Bluff: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Grand Lodge

F Human Bolt Ace 5, Brawler 2, Weaponmaster 2. |HP 76/76| AC 24 /T18 /FF17 | init +9 | CMD 26| Fort 14/Ref 16/Will 6|Grit 3/4| Martial flexibility 2/4| Boots of Speed 7/10

Zera will go and attempt to distract the crowd with the deadliest weapon known to man- BAD PUNS!

"What's with the GRAVE mood in here guys? It looks like our speaker up there is really knocking 'em DEAD!"

bluff: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Sarsczek Male N Tiefling Slayer 6 / Living Monlith 3, Level 9, Init 3, HP 74/74, DR 1/-, Speed 30 AC 20, Touch 13, Flat-footed 17, CMD 26, Fort 11, Ref 10, Will 8, CMB +13, Base Attack Bonus 8

Sarsczek looks at the worshippers, then back at Luminae and Zera. "Um.... maybe now is time for the song of my people?"

Perform: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (2) - 3 = -1

The most dissonant of chords are created by a screech from Sarsczek's lungs and a waft of air from his... um...

...yeah.

Grand Lodge

Male NG Halfling Ranger 8 | HP 52 | AC 20 (19) T 15 FF 16 (15) (no buckler) | CMB +9, CMD 23 | F: +9, R: +13, W: +7; +2 vs. fear | Init: +6 | Perc +15, SM +2, (+5 to both w/perceive cues), low-light vision | Speed 20ft | Favored Enemies: Human +4, Undead +2; Favored Terrain: Urban +4, Underground +2 | Spells: 1st (2), 2nd (2) | Woodland Stride

bluff, untrained, aid another: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

sigh

Grand Lodge

Tian-Shu Human Kineticist L7 | HP: 73+7/73+7 NL21 | AC:23+1 T:14+1 FF:20 (25% miss ranged except massive wpns & rays) | CMB:6+2 CMD:19+1 | Saves F:13+1+2 R:11+1+2 W:8+2 (+2 vs heat, breaths, clouds, gases) | Init:+3 | Per:+13+2 | Spd: 30 fly 60(gd) | Reroll: 1/1 | Status: burn 3/9 | Buffer: 1/1 | Fortification 0% | Air Wysp HP: 36/36 | Conditions: elemental overflow (+2 Dex, +2 Con); heroism (50m)

"Uh, you know, he really shouldn't be saying things like that."

bluff, aid: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (18) - 2 = 16

The Exchange

active effects:
wildshape (50m), barkskin (40m), longstrider (6h), bone fists (6m), resist fire 20, heroism (50m), bulls strength(6m)
Male Tengu Barbarian (untamed rager) 2/Brawler (snakebite striker) 1/Druid (kraken caller) 4 | AC 30 T 19 FF 21 | HP [54/54] 54/54 | F +14 R +10 W +10 | Init +3 | Perc +14 (17 in bright light) lowlight vision | rage (11/13) | supplies (7/7)

If there's time, Malachi casts Eagle's Splendour to grant himself some semblance of apparent respectability.

"By Besmara's Bloody Bones! What twisted nonsense this is, yes! You need a good dose of grog - to the galley with the lot of you, yes!"

bluff, polly, aid another: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8 -2 if Eagle's Splendour not up.


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Sure thing Mal, may it help more with future attempts :-/

The bloated corpse's mouth splits into a smile so wide you can hear its tendons creak. As one the worshipers rise up, smiling beatifically as they melt away into screeching voids.

It seems there's nothing more to do for them...

Continuing on you come to the Refectory. Rather than food, the dining table here is covered in scorched dirt and wriggling vermin. Dozens of acolytes crowd around, choking and gagging as they feast on the roiling mess with tears streaming down their faces.

You can Treat the Sick with Heal, or you can Flip the Table with a CMB check.

The Exchange

active effects:
wildshape (50m), barkskin (40m), longstrider (6h), bone fists (6m), resist fire 20, heroism (50m), bulls strength(6m)
Male Tengu Barbarian (untamed rager) 2/Brawler (snakebite striker) 1/Druid (kraken caller) 4 | AC 30 T 19 FF 21 | HP [54/54] 54/54 | F +14 R +10 W +10 | Init +3 | Perc +14 (17 in bright light) lowlight vision | rage (11/13) | supplies (7/7)

"Eh, is this the galley? Were all these people mad the first time around, yes?"

"STOP THIS, YES!"

Malachi is thoroughly disgusted, and allows his anger to rise to the surface.

CMB, rage, polly: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 9 + 2 + 1 = 21

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Sarsczek Male N Tiefling Slayer 6 / Living Monlith 3, Level 9, Init 3, HP 74/74, DR 1/-, Speed 30 AC 20, Touch 13, Flat-footed 17, CMD 26, Fort 11, Ref 10, Will 8, CMB +13, Base Attack Bonus 8

Unprompted unscripted unintelligent skill check inbound!

Sarsczek decides to undertake his oldest job in order to help... diagnose whatever may be afflicting them.

Profession (Food Taster): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

"Hmm... tastes like mummy-wrapped-worm-that-walks... I fink that goes best wif the vintage 4702 AR antitoxin..."

Full disclosure: Sarsczek has in fact bitten a mummy and a worm-that-walks

Grand Lodge

F Human Bolt Ace 5, Brawler 2, Weaponmaster 2. |HP 76/76| AC 24 /T18 /FF17 | init +9 | CMD 26| Fort 14/Ref 16/Will 6|Grit 3/4| Martial flexibility 2/4| Boots of Speed 7/10

"Can you un-eat that? Were... reaaaally gonna need you to un-eat that..."

heal: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

Dark Archive

CN F Half-Elf Oracle 8 | HP 58/78 (if took 20 from life link) | AC 27 | T 13 | FF 25 | CMD 18 | Fort +9 | Ref +7 | Will +11 | Init +2 | Perc +2 | Spells Left (2,6,3,2) | resist energy (fire)

Luminae grits her teeth in frustration as the dream worshiper vanishes. She mutters under her breath as she follows along the party into the refectory. "This is what blind faith gets you."

She stares with disgust at the feast of filth. "Stop this! Stop swallowing this filth! Stop wallowing in your past and move on!" Despite that she considers her magic and healing the injured until the moment Sarsczek starts eating as well.

"No! I'm not responsible for them! You though! I'm not letting you shove whatever nonsesnse you find into your gullet just to see you get sick!"

Without any more debate she joins Malachi in attempting to upend the table.

CMB to Flip the Table: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Sarsczek's additional data gives Zera everything she needs to know to aid them, gingerly helping them and leading them away until they vanish into the aether.

The monastery has mostly fallen silent, but cries lead you to the kitchen where a halfling sits in the center of the room, weeping in anguish. He waves his fingerless left hand and screams, "Korada has forsaken us! Abandon all hope!"

You can Instill Hope with a Will save, or Talk Him Down with Diplomacy.

Scarab Sages

Sarsczek Male N Tiefling Slayer 6 / Living Monlith 3, Level 9, Init 3, HP 74/74, DR 1/-, Speed 30 AC 20, Touch 13, Flat-footed 17, CMD 26, Fort 11, Ref 10, Will 8, CMB +13, Base Attack Bonus 8

Will: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

"Hey... iss ok mister... um... wait... WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR FINGERS? I dinnit bite dem did I?"

The Exchange

active effects:
wildshape (50m), barkskin (40m), longstrider (6h), bone fists (6m), resist fire 20, heroism (50m), bulls strength(6m)
Male Tengu Barbarian (untamed rager) 2/Brawler (snakebite striker) 1/Druid (kraken caller) 4 | AC 30 T 19 FF 21 | HP [54/54] 54/54 | F +14 R +10 W +10 | Init +3 | Perc +14 (17 in bright light) lowlight vision | rage (11/13) | supplies (7/7)

"Ah, the galley yes! You haven't been making finger-dogs have you, eh? JUST LOOK AT THE STATE OF THIS PLACE, YES! STOP MOANING AND START SWABBING!"

Will, rage: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27

Dark Archive

CN F Half-Elf Oracle 8 | HP 58/78 (if took 20 from life link) | AC 27 | T 13 | FF 25 | CMD 18 | Fort +9 | Ref +7 | Will +11 | Init +2 | Perc +2 | Spells Left (2,6,3,2) | resist energy (fire)

Ignoring the Sarsczek's call out, Luminae feels the gravity press down on her as she holds her shield and mace low as he looks to the halfling. She clearly wants to launch into a tirade, but struggles for the words. She relents with a sigh saying, "He has not abandoned you, they are still there." Under her breath she mutters about the manipulative deities between coughs as she continues, "But no matter if you feel them there, you make your own hope. Hold onto that and let nothing take that away."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21

Considered rerolling that, but it is just high enough that I'm fine with the result.

Grand Lodge

Tian-Shu Human Kineticist L7 | HP: 73+7/73+7 NL21 | AC:23+1 T:14+1 FF:20 (25% miss ranged except massive wpns & rays) | CMB:6+2 CMD:19+1 | Saves F:13+1+2 R:11+1+2 W:8+2 (+2 vs heat, breaths, clouds, gases) | Init:+3 | Per:+13+2 | Spd: 30 fly 60(gd) | Reroll: 1/1 | Status: burn 3/9 | Buffer: 1/1 | Fortification 0% | Air Wysp HP: 36/36 | Conditions: elemental overflow (+2 Dex, +2 Con); heroism (50m)

will: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

"No, no, no! It is precisely when things look darkest that you must garner all hope!"

Grand Lodge

F Human Bolt Ace 5, Brawler 2, Weaponmaster 2. |HP 76/76| AC 24 /T18 /FF17 | init +9 | CMD 26| Fort 14/Ref 16/Will 6|Grit 3/4| Martial flexibility 2/4| Boots of Speed 7/10

"Yeah, never give up! Trust your faith!"

will: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

The halfling's sobs slowly stop, and a look of serenity comes over his face. "You're right. We are not alone."

The world around you begins to warp and fuzz, until suddenly it snaps back into focus. You still stand within the garden surrounded by the acolytes who sent you into Zhuang's thoughts. Before you, Zhuang's eyes flutter open, and he rises, seeming to suffer nothing more than a headache.

He asks his acolytes to gather the rest of his pupils so that he may beg each of them for forgiveness, but while they gather he turns to you, bowing deeply and offering his deepest gratitude. "Our temple will forever remain a haven for Pathfinders, and whatever aid we may bring you is yours. As for you," he turns to Luminae and Peribras, "You are truly a blessing from Korada's open hand."

Success! There are still some ripple effects going on here, or you can move along to another section of the tapestry.
Also, due to your successes here, when you guys get an Aid Token from another table, you'll be able to Boost the Burst of Healing Option without expending any resources. This can be done either for your guy's use, or you can boost it that way when passing it along.

Scarab Sages

Sarsczek Male N Tiefling Slayer 6 / Living Monlith 3, Level 9, Init 3, HP 74/74, DR 1/-, Speed 30 AC 20, Touch 13, Flat-footed 17, CMD 26, Fort 11, Ref 10, Will 8, CMB +13, Base Attack Bonus 8

"Oh hai! You feeling better now? Uh.... sorry bout panicking in der. I fink the food might've been a little funny in my tummy. So uh... you good now?"

Sarsczek tries to fist-bump Zhuang.

"Hmm... I wouldn't mind meetin wiff da Muckmouf tribe again. Last time I saw em I had a tummy-ache from eatin too much Mummy, and some'un bashed me over the head and I don't really 'member everyfin... but I know they were really happy afterward! If they in trouble... well... we worked really hard to make sure alla da eggs were safe, so I kinda feel like a muckmouf mahself... so uh... I should check on 'em."

He scratches his head then adds, "Although we also did lotta work to make sure they help 'gainst the Aspiss 'sortum... and I'd be sad to let all dat work go for waste..."

Sarsczek's vote is for 1 or 5 (i.e. do everything with a player's name on it). FYI I do have the bonus for completing both parts of Wonders in the Weave which gives some bonuses for beatin' up Aspies in the tapestry.

Grand Lodge

F Human Bolt Ace 5, Brawler 2, Weaponmaster 2. |HP 76/76| AC 24 /T18 /FF17 | init +9 | CMD 26| Fort 14/Ref 16/Will 6|Grit 3/4| Martial flexibility 2/4| Boots of Speed 7/10

Well, if the Muckmouth tribe is up to their necks in undead, surely that's a very pressing issue, no?

I'll vote for 1 and say lets go help the lizards

Dark Archive

CN F Half-Elf Oracle 8 | HP 58/78 (if took 20 from life link) | AC 27 | T 13 | FF 25 | CMD 18 | Fort +9 | Ref +7 | Will +11 | Init +2 | Perc +2 | Spells Left (2,6,3,2) | resist energy (fire)

Luminae's face turns even more sour hearing Zhuang's compliment. "Please, I don't wish to be any god's blessing. Still I'm glad you are feeling better. Stay safe... all of you."

Looking at the other options Luminae will agree with the current consensus. "I've never met them, but we might as well get there quickly and deal with the undead before they are a bigger problem."


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Okay, another ~70 minutes has passed between arriving at the Monastery, and this next bit. You can reapply buffs, but knock 10 minutes off their duration for travel time within this portion of the demiplane

When you arrive at the Muckmouth cave, the guards immediately usher you inside, looking at the wayfinders you bear with great relief, and a note of awe.

The Muckmouth tribe’s caves are dry but littered with the bones of cave-dwelling fish. In the central cavern, a small band of bedraggled lizardfolk watch as their ancient leader limps forward. Long strings of tiny bones dangle from her armbands, clacking on the stone floor. "Welcome Sarsczek, and welcome to your other Pathfinder friends. I am Oosthic, and I remember my tribe’s debt to you for rescuing our eggs and our home. We must call on your strength once more. Our water has vanished. Without water, the Muckmouth grow weak. Many have perished seeking water in the ancient ruins beneath our home. The ruins are crumbling, and the living dead slither from the walls. I fear the serpent empire seeks vengeance against the Muckmouth for disturbing its ruins, but we had no choice. Destroy the undead and secure the lost magic of the serpentfolk for our tribe. The Muckmouth must survive! We will give you guides, and what aid we can..."

Sarsczek, you get a potion of bear's endurance, potion of bull's strength, potion of cat's grace, or a potion of lesser restoration.

The guides lead you through twisting packages until you emerge once more into the light, where a ruined serpentfolk city lies cradles in a steep-walled mountain valley. As you draw nearer, Darkpaw grows steadily more uneasy as he begins to pick up the scents of undead horrors, and before long the guides also refuse to press on. "We will stay here until you have cleansed these dangers!"

A rustle from not too far ahead makes you suspect that the scouts' retreat may have been overheard...

Initiative:
Malachi: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Luminae: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Sarsczek: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Fung: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Zera: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
Peribras: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
???: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
???: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (9) + 0 = 9

Sure enough, a skeleton bursts forth through a wall in a storm of strange particles, quickly rewoven into bone and pulsing entrails, which wind their way up the creature's spine to emerge from its jaws as some sort of awful tongue!. Spying Peribras atop his towering wolf it rushes forward, footfalls sounding, but whenever stone or plant would impede it, it simply shatters and reforms around it as though made of mist!

Clattering to the ground it stretches up its foul tongue towards the halfling, and where its secretions soak through his armor, he feels his skin tingle and go cold.

Tongue: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 10 + 2 = 14 Hits v. Flat-Footed Touch

Leafy foliage and stairs are difficult.
Walls are 10' high
Obelisks are 10' high
The Ziggurat is 20' high
You are currently 10' beneath the ground level of much of the map.
Lifelinks are up
The Bold May Go!

Guts-Only Skeleton -2 AC
Sarsczek
Fung
Malachi
Peribras DC 21 Fort Save or paralyzed!
Zera
Luminae

???

Dark Archive

CN F Half-Elf Oracle 8 | HP 58/78 (if took 20 from life link) | AC 27 | T 13 | FF 25 | CMD 18 | Fort +9 | Ref +7 | Will +11 | Init +2 | Perc +2 | Spells Left (2,6,3,2) | resist energy (fire)

Completely focused on the rushing skeleton, Luminae has her shield and braces herself to torn apart by her life link. She casts the spell again to bolster the party with the divine blessing. "I don't know what that is, but kill it quickly! I've seen enough if what it can do!"

Luminae casts blessing of fervor on the full party.

She looks at the creature to recall if she knows anything of it to inform the others.
Knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

Grand Lodge

Male NG Halfling Ranger 8 | HP 52 | AC 20 (19) T 15 FF 16 (15) (no buckler) | CMB +9, CMD 23 | F: +9, R: +13, W: +7; +2 vs. fear | Init: +6 | Perc +15, SM +2, (+5 to both w/perceive cues), low-light vision | Speed 20ft | Favored Enemies: Human +4, Undead +2; Favored Terrain: Urban +4, Underground +2 | Spells: 1st (2), 2nd (2) | Woodland Stride

fortitude: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24 phew.

Darkpaw is a she. Does she get an AoO as it approaches?


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Sorry for the pronoun mistake Peribras, I'll lock that down, but Darkpaw doesn't get an AoO unless she has reach and Combat Reflexes.

Luminae recognizes the creature as a Mohrg, a powerful undead who paralyzes foes with its tongue. However, its strange behavior with the scenery isn't something she's familiar with at all...

Grand Lodge

F Human Bolt Ace 5, Brawler 2, Weaponmaster 2. |HP 76/76| AC 24 /T18 /FF17 | init +9 | CMD 26| Fort 14/Ref 16/Will 6|Grit 3/4| Martial flexibility 2/4| Boots of Speed 7/10

I would like to make an attack based on an assumption that if I 5-foot step back, Fung or Malachi would be somewhere else when i do so. If I cannot, I'll put my sweet kung-fu moves as another option, and then 5 foot step to allow an easy flank for Sarsczek. In either case, I will take fervor for the extra attack

"Hey, didn't anyone ever teach you it's rude to stick out your tounge at other people?"

Hail of bolts if I can do so with no AOO:

Hand Crossbow full attack: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (9) + 15 = 24
Hand Crossbow damage: 1d4 + 16 ⇒ (4) + 16 = 20

Hand Crossbow full attack: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (8) + 15 = 23
Hand Crossbow damage: 1d4 + 16 ⇒ (2) + 16 = 18

Hand Crossbow full attack: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (11) + 15 = 26
Hand Crossbow damage: 1d4 + 16 ⇒ (3) + 16 = 19

Hand Crossbow full attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18
Hand Crossbow damage: 1d4 + 16 ⇒ (1) + 16 = 17

Hand Crossbow full attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21
Hand Crossbow damage: 1d4 + 16 ⇒ (4) + 16 = 20

Kicks and elbows if I can't:

Punch full attack: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (19) + 14 = 33
Punch damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Punch full attack: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (6) + 14 = 20
Punch damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Punch full attack: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (8) + 14 = 22
Punch damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Punch full attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
Punch damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Punch full attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
Punch damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

The Exchange

active effects:
wildshape (50m), barkskin (40m), longstrider (6h), bone fists (6m), resist fire 20, heroism (50m), bulls strength(6m)
Male Tengu Barbarian (untamed rager) 2/Brawler (snakebite striker) 1/Druid (kraken caller) 4 | AC 30 T 19 FF 21 | HP [54/54] 54/54 | F +14 R +10 W +10 | Init +3 | Perc +14 (17 in bright light) lowlight vision | rage (11/13) | supplies (7/7)

"Eh, can you make flank, Sarsczek?"

Malachi awaits Sarsczek's movement.

Once the guides announce their intention to leave, Malachi triggers wildshape for tentacles.


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

That's fine Zera, but note that unless one of you restricts yourself to only a standard action, you and Mal wouldn't be able to just switch spots. I'll hold off on resolving things until I know which is happening :-)
Not really time to Wildshape before this one I'm afraid, Mal.

Grand Lodge

F Human Bolt Ace 5, Brawler 2, Weaponmaster 2. |HP 76/76| AC 24 /T18 /FF17 | init +9 | CMD 26| Fort 14/Ref 16/Will 6|Grit 3/4| Martial flexibility 2/4| Boots of Speed 7/10

To play this slide puzzle, I figure if Fung moves back, as the magic types are wont to do, I move to occupy their spot and bolt-em up, then Malachi can take my vacated spot. Elsewise, I 5-foot diagonal down and to the left, vacating for Malachi and setting up a flank for Sarsczek on his next action.

Scarab Sages

Sarsczek Male N Tiefling Slayer 6 / Living Monlith 3, Level 9, Init 3, HP 74/74, DR 1/-, Speed 30 AC 20, Touch 13, Flat-footed 17, CMD 26, Fort 11, Ref 10, Will 8, CMB +13, Base Attack Bonus 8

Sarsczek nods to Malachi and steps down before lashing out at the creature.

"Dis looks new... wonder what it tastes like?"

The squares with the cliffside on them... are they difficult terrain or impassable? For now I'll 5-ft to the south and full attack.

If somehow due to the party re-arranging itself, I end up with a flank for this full attack, then +2 attack/damage to the bite and +4 attack, +2 damage to the claws, and +2d6 sneak attack to everything.

Bite, PA: 1d20 + 15 - 3 ⇒ (20) + 15 - 3 = 32
Damage + Acid: 1d6 + 6 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 6 + (1) = 19

Claw 1, PA: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (2) + 15 = 17
Damage + Acid: 1d4 + 6 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 6 + (2) = 17

Claw 2, PA: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (6) + 14 = 20
Damage + Acid: 1d4 + 5 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 6 + (5) = 19

All attacks are considered magic and silver for the purpose of DR

Edit: A potential crit to confirm
Confirm Bite, PA: 1d20 + 15 - 3 ⇒ (15) + 15 - 3 = 27
Crit Damage: 1d6 + 6 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 6 = 16


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

The cliffs are impassable without a climb speed or similar

Scarab Sages

Sarsczek Male N Tiefling Slayer 6 / Living Monlith 3, Level 9, Init 3, HP 74/74, DR 1/-, Speed 30 AC 20, Touch 13, Flat-footed 17, CMD 26, Fort 11, Ref 10, Will 8, CMB +13, Base Attack Bonus 8

I added 2 lines to the map to illustrate my question. Is the red line the cliff or the yellow line? Or is anything between the red and yellow lines climb check territory? Does not affect my action, just curious for future rounds.

Scarab Sages

Sarsczek Male N Tiefling Slayer 6 / Living Monlith 3, Level 9, Init 3, HP 74/74, DR 1/-, Speed 30 AC 20, Touch 13, Flat-footed 17, CMD 26, Fort 11, Ref 10, Will 8, CMB +13, Base Attack Bonus 8

Extra Bite Attack from Blessing of Fervor because I'm forgetful and silly: 1d20 + 14 - 3 ⇒ (14) + 14 - 3 = 25
Damage + Acid: 1d6 + 5 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 6 + (5) = 22

Grand Lodge

Tian-Shu Human Kineticist L7 | HP: 73+7/73+7 NL21 | AC:23+1 T:14+1 FF:20 (25% miss ranged except massive wpns & rays) | CMB:6+2 CMD:19+1 | Saves F:13+1+2 R:11+1+2 W:8+2 (+2 vs heat, breaths, clouds, gases) | Init:+3 | Per:+13+2 | Spd: 30 fly 60(gd) | Reroll: 1/1 | Status: burn 3/9 | Buffer: 1/1 | Fortification 0% | Air Wysp HP: 36/36 | Conditions: elemental overflow (+2 Dex, +2 Con); heroism (50m)

Actually, Fung will simply fly and hover over the skeleton so Zera is free to .

GM, the height indicator on Fung's token is measured from the ground to his feet. So at 10', he is in the 3rd square vertically. He got there by rising at 45 degrees, so no need fly check.

Fung immediately takes to the air, rising until he is directly over the head of the skeletal creature

vs skeletal figure: Air Wysp Aura, Elemental Overflow (Dex & Con), PBS, Blessing of Fervor
Burn: Thundering Infusion (+1), Infusion Specialist (-1)
air blast: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 9 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 33 bludgeoning dmg: 4d6 + 9 + 1 + 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3, 3, 1, 3) + 9 + 1 + 4 + 1 + 1 = 26
Fort DC18 or deafened.

Grand Lodge

F Human Bolt Ace 5, Brawler 2, Weaponmaster 2. |HP 76/76| AC 24 /T18 /FF17 | init +9 | CMD 26| Fort 14/Ref 16/Will 6|Grit 3/4| Martial flexibility 2/4| Boots of Speed 7/10

I have adjusted my position, please go ahead and use the arrow spoiler I set earlier


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

After a thundering blast, and the fangs of Sarsczek batter and tear away at the Mohrg's unraveling frame, Zera finishes it off with a pair of bolts to each eyesocket!

Leafy foliage and stairs are difficult.
Walls and Obelisks are 10' high, The Ziggurat is 20' high
You are currently 10' beneath the ground level of much of the map.
Lifelinks are up, Blessing of Fervor is up
The Bold May Go!

Sarsczek
Fung
Malachi
Peribras

Zera
Luminae
???

The Exchange

F very rare parrot-hawk familiar (emissary) 4 | AC 17 T 15 FF 14 | HP 27/27 | F +9 R +6 W +6 | CMD 14 | Init +3 | Perc +19 (10) lowlight vision

Polly flies up to espy the upper level taking +2s from Blessing of Fervour, and casting Guidance on Malachi first.

If she sees any potential enemies she caws and orients herself towards them, but otherwise remains 30' up (20' above upper level).

The Exchange

active effects:
wildshape (50m), barkskin (40m), longstrider (6h), bone fists (6m), resist fire 20, heroism (50m), bulls strength(6m)
Male Tengu Barbarian (untamed rager) 2/Brawler (snakebite striker) 1/Druid (kraken caller) 4 | AC 30 T 19 FF 21 | HP [54/54] 54/54 | F +14 R +10 W +10 | Init +3 | Perc +14 (17 in bright light) lowlight vision | rage (11/13) | supplies (7/7)

"By Besmara's Bloody Bones, I invoke the power of the Kraken!"

Three tentacles burst forth from Malachi's chest wild shape as he makes his way towards the upper level. Movement assumes not running straight into enemies.

taking +2s from BoF


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

GM Screen:
1d20 ⇒ 17
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
1d4 ⇒ 4
2d6 ⇒ (1, 4) = 5

Polly soars up above Malachi, and the Besmaran Brigand feels a pulse of strong emotion from her, starting with alarm, and rising swiftly to a fevered pitch of fear and despair! Before the bird can so much as cry out, her throat is stopped up with emotion, and she freezes in place, plummeting to the ground!

Before she hits though, another undead beast, wrapped tightly in filthy linens, recoalesces on the other side of one of the nearby walls, shambling towards Malachi to strike him with a ferociously powerful blow.

However, even before the creature reaches him, his heart and mind are seized with an unholy despair and fear, seeking to hold him fast where he stands!

Will: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Rounds Paralyzed: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Like his familiar, the plucky pirate freezes in his tracks, easy prey for the onrushing undead!

Slam: 1d20 + 16 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 16 - 2 = 21
Bludgeoning: 1d8 + 10 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 10 + 6 = 23

Leafy foliage and stairs are difficult.
Walls and Obelisks are 10' high, The Ziggurat is 20' high
You are currently 10' beneath the ground level of much of the map.
Lifelinks are up, Blessing of Fervor is up
The Bold May Go!

Sarsczek
Fung
Malachi -23, Paralyzed for 4 rounds, Fort Save required, (Polly -5, Paralyzed)
Peribras
Zera
Luminae

Linen wrapped undead

Scarab Sages

Sarsczek Male N Tiefling Slayer 6 / Living Monlith 3, Level 9, Init 3, HP 74/74, DR 1/-, Speed 30 AC 20, Touch 13, Flat-footed 17, CMD 26, Fort 11, Ref 10, Will 8, CMB +13, Base Attack Bonus 8

I'm not 100% sure of the movement, but assuming the steps are difficult terrain, I think my current position is 30 ft of movement.

Sarsczek quickly ascends the steps to join Malachi and is shocked to see his new friend overcome with fear. "Ummm.... Mal? You okiedokie? Uh oh..."

He looks at the linen wrapped undead and hisses. "I eaten lotsa mummies! Imma eat you too!"

Lunge Bite + Fervor - PA: 1d20 + 15 + 2 - 3 ⇒ (17) + 15 + 2 - 3 = 31
Damage + PA + Acid: 1d6 + 6 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 6 + (2) = 18

As he attacks the undead creature, he begins to fish around with his tail in his pack for a potion. (Drawing an antiplague)

Will today be the day that Sarsczek finally gets mummy rot?

+2 AC for Fervor, -2 AC for Lunge

101 to 150 of 427 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Cwethan's Hao Jin Cataclysm (7-8 Classic) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.