[PFS] TOZ's Passing the Torch (Inactive)

Game Master TriOmegaZero

Game Map and Information.


1,401 to 1,450 of 1,503 << first < prev | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | next > last >>
Shadow Lodge

Table Maps | Passing the Torch |

It was the first check.

Dark Archive

Cleric (evangelist) 13 | HP: 120 |AC: 25/ FF 23/ T 14 | Fort: +16 Ref: +11 Will: +20| Perception: +21| Init: +4

Kasimir rolls his eyes. “Not allies, Omrax, servants. No more or less deadly than that enchanted sword of yours. Or do you want to discuss -why- Cheliax turned to Asmodeus? I’ll give you a hint, it was a lucky break for your goddess, who was once a servant herself.”

Mentally, Kasimir weighed the bone devil’s potential vs. the graveknight. It should stack up nicely.

Silver Crusade

Male Half Elf -Paladin 13 AC29/T13 /F28/CMD28| Hp 121/121 | Fort:+21;Ref:+16;Will+18 |Percept.+10 | Init.+3. { } ( div bond 0/3 used, smite for 0/6 used. Hands 6d6 0/15 used) { }

The Inheritor was a willing servant, thy word is true. But Cheliax had turned to folly and lost its moral compass. Fortunately, all shall soon be rectified as the Glorious Reclamation sets the people back to the path of righteousness. the Paladin responds without turning to Kasimir as he continues to concentrate on the dome and wall.

Shadow Lodge

Table Maps | Passing the Torch |

Should I take Vahlo's next actions while you wait him out?

Round 5/6 Initiative wrote:


16 Yuri (Damage: 4)
11 Kasimir (Damage: 5)
10 Omrax (Damage: 5)
4 Eagles
34 Rokgurn
26 Crazy
23 Hamish (Damage: 15)
21 Vahlo (Damage: 27)

Liberty's Edge

Medium Male CG Dwarf Barbarian (chained) 12/Fighter 1 | HP 142/142 (raging 194/194) | AC 27 (29) T 15 (13) FF 24 (26) | CMB +19 (22), CMD 32 (33) +3 vs Sunder, +4 vs Bull Rush & Trip| F +20 (24), R +12, W +9 (12) | Init +6 | Perc +16 (+2 stonework) & darkvision SM +0 | Speed 30' | Active Conditions: | Constant: Combat Reflexes, DR 2/-, Imp. Uncanny Dodge

Round 4:

Will save vs spirit aura: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21 +2 vs mind-affecting; +3 vs Su; also: improved uncanny dodge may make Yuri immune to its 'flat-footedness' condition.

Yuribot spends another round of rage (11/32) swatting the spirt

Round 5:

Yuri gnashes his teeth in impatient anger. "Why'nt ya let that thing out so I can say hello?!? Always wanted to bash a Decemberpirate inna face!"

Maintain rage (12/32) and delay since it doesn't appear that Yuri has any targets at present.

Dark Archive

Cleric (evangelist) 13 | HP: 120 |AC: 25/ FF 23/ T 14 | Fort: +16 Ref: +11 Will: +20| Perception: +21| Init: +4

”We did not turn to folly, we were abandoned, by no less than the glorious Aroden himself. The one Iomedae used to serve, but I’m so pleased things worked out well for her. We were not as fortunate.

The lesson was well-recieved, though. We learned to see things as they are, not as we might wish them to be.”

Shadow Lodge

Table Maps | Passing the Torch |

Attack on Wall of Stone: 1d20 ⇒ 5
Attack on Baby Elemental: 1d20 ⇒ 17
Attack on Wall: 1d20 ⇒ 10
Damage on Wall: 1d4 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13
Damage on Elemental: 1d4 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13
Channel Smite on Elemental: 7d6 ⇒ (2, 2, 1, 6, 5, 5, 2) = 23 If it saves, it is still around for the third attack, which will finish it.
Damage on Wall: 1d4 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16
Fly Check: 1d20 ⇒ 20

Vahlo begins to strike at the weakened wall, sparing a slash at the elemental remaining inside the stone prison, remaining aloft to deny the summoned minions their advantage.

Round 6/7 Initiative wrote:


23 Hamish (Damage: 15)
21 Vahlo (Damage: 27)
16 Yuri (Damage: 4)
11 Kasimir (Damage: 5)
10 Omrax (Damage: 5)
4 Eagles
34 Rokgurn
26 Crazy


The remaining elemental slides back into the wall. He tries to connect with the flying man.

Slam 1 Earth Mastery,Inspire Courage,Augmented: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (8) + 18 = 26

Damage,Earth Mastery,Inspire Courage,Augmented: 2d8 + 10 ⇒ (4, 5) + 10 = 19

Slam 2 Earth Mastery,Inspire Courage,Augmented: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (3) + 18 = 21

Damage,Earth Mastery,Inspire Courage,Augmented: 2d8 + 10 ⇒ (8, 3) + 10 = 21

To hit and damage now reflects flying status

The eagles stay put.

Bombshell activates her wings and flies closer to Vahlo.

Dark Archive

Cleric (evangelist) 13 | HP: 120 |AC: 25/ FF 23/ T 14 | Fort: +16 Ref: +11 Will: +20| Perception: +21| Init: +4

Kasimir draws a different wand, and casts Bless on the party.

Liberty's Edge

Human Druid (Menhir Savant) 13| HP 140/140 | AC 21 T 15 FF 18 | CMB +12 CMD 27 |F +16 R +14 W +20|INIT + 10|PER +28/+31 Bright Light SM+7|Immune to Poison|Improved Evasion (when flying)
Daily Resources:
Shape 5/5,Place Magic 10/10,Hawkeye 10/10,Walk 7/7,Empty Body 13/13,Rune 1/1, Jacket 5/5, 4-Leaf 3/3, Pearls 1st 3/3, Rods Intensify 6/6,Extend 3/3|Spells 1st 7/7 2nd 7/7 3rd 7/7 4th 6/6 5th 5/5 6th 4/4 7th 3/3

Rokgurn shakes his head as his big oaf keeps missing. He flies back as he expects the wall to break.

Fly back and Total Defense

Silver Crusade

Male Half Elf -Paladin 13 AC29/T13 /F28/CMD28| Hp 121/121 | Fort:+21;Ref:+16;Will+18 |Percept.+10 | Init.+3. { } ( div bond 0/3 used, smite for 0/6 used. Hands 6d6 0/15 used) { }

Omrax stands ready for spirit or wall collapse to reveal a foe.

”Very well. So shall agree to disagree for now. The stone seems to shake.“

Liberty's Edge

CG Half-Elf Summoner 12

Bah, enough lollygagging!

"Time to breach!" Hamish calls, his flaming sword once more in hand, held high in a dramatic pose.

He utters a quick arcane spell, to maintain the hastened movements of those nearby, then starts issuing orders to his crew.

5' step, Recaste Haste... all targets need to be within 30'... and Hamish will be sure to get the Gull and himself... so Kasimir and the devil, and the eagles are all out of range.
Yuri will likely resist =)

"We'll pry open this salt box, and drag that dog out for a proper keel hauling! Ready yourselves!"

If we can break through where he's trying to cut his way out, fine... else wherever. (Rokgurn's echolocation should get us close enough)... and Hamish can understand what the elementals are saying too.

Then going to ram it, then fire cannons, until the wall is finally breached (minimum 2 attacks should do it, if a completely undamaged part... possibly just one if its damaged enough)... and which point fire the harpoons and try to drag him out by his bootstraps. All remaining cannons firing directly at Vahlo.

Going to assume its not the same section Vahlo is beating on from the other side.
Worst case, it will take two shots... so will assume that. If it only takes one, then put the forward cannons after the harpoons, and add 2 to hit and damage on that attack (for hunter's blessing)

claw ram vs wall: 1d20 + 22 + 3 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (18) + 22 + 3 + 1 - 3 = 41, for 2d6 + 14 + 3 + 1 + 6 ⇒ (2, 6) + 14 + 3 + 1 + 6 = 32 damage.
claw forward cannons vs wall: 1d20 + 22 + 3 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (8) + 22 + 3 + 1 - 3 = 31, for 2d6 + 14 + 3 + 1 + 6 ⇒ (4, 6) + 14 + 3 + 1 + 6 = 34 damage.

So, after hardness: 24 damage after initial ram attack.
50 damage after first cannon barrage (out of 45 total on the wall, if undamaged to start)

Assuming the breach occurs...

"Fire harpoons!" He cries. "Man the winches! Put yer backs into it men. This blaggard won't escape again!"

bite Harpoons vs Vahlo: 1d20 + 22 + 3 + 2 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (10) + 22 + 3 + 2 + 1 - 3 = 35, for 2d6 + 14 + 3 + 2 + 1 + 6 ⇒ (5, 4) + 14 + 3 + 2 + 1 + 6 = 35 damage.
pull Winches vs CMD: 1d20 + 24 + 3 + 2 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (10) + 24 + 3 + 2 + 1 - 3 = 37.

The following 'claw' attacks only happen if he gets within 10' (via the pull or just is there normally). The hasted 'bite' works within 15'.
claw starboard cannons vs Vahlo: 1d20 + 22 + 3 + 2 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (11) + 22 + 3 + 2 + 1 - 3 = 36, for 2d6 + 14 + 3 + 2 + 1 + 6 ⇒ (6, 1) + 14 + 3 + 2 + 1 + 6 = 33 damage.
claw port cannons vs Vahlo: 1d20 + 22 + 3 + 2 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (11) + 22 + 3 + 2 + 1 - 3 = 36, for 2d6 + 14 + 3 + 2 + 1 + 6 ⇒ (2, 6) + 14 + 3 + 2 + 1 + 6 = 34 damage.
hasted bite chase cannons vs Vahlo: 1d20 + 22 + 3 + 2 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (13) + 22 + 3 + 2 + 1 - 3 = 38, for 2d6 + 14 + 3 + 2 + 1 + 6 ⇒ (5, 1) + 14 + 3 + 2 + 1 + 6 = 32 damage.

The Gull is currently 5' up, just over Omrax's head.

Shadow Lodge

Table Maps | Passing the Torch |

The Gull rams the enclosure, firing cannons to breach the wall. Vahlo dodges the starboard and port cannon fire, but can't quite avoid the chase fire. Rokgurn's remaining minion fails to connect, as Bombshell maneuvers into position.

Fly: 1d20 ⇒ 15

Round 6/7 Initiative wrote:


21 Vahlo (Damage: 59)
23 Hamish (Damage: 15)
16 Yuri (Damage: 4)
11 Kasimir (Damage: 5)
10 Omrax (Damage: 5)
4 Eagles
34 Rokgurn
26 Crazy

Yuri still has actions and I don't belive Omrax has taken any. I don't know if Kasimir has any better options than bless, but for now let's see how the rest of the turn plays out. Breach is marked with green lines.

Silver Crusade

Male Half Elf -Paladin 13 AC29/T13 /F28/CMD28| Hp 121/121 | Fort:+21;Ref:+16;Will+18 |Percept.+10 | Init.+3. { } ( div bond 0/3 used, smite for 0/6 used. Hands 6d6 0/15 used) { }

Can Omrax see Vahlo through the breach and is he flying or within reach from the ground?

Omrax peers through the hole in the wall.

”The villain is exposed! By the Inheritor, we must finish him. “

Shadow Lodge

Table Maps | Passing the Torch |

He is flying at ground level.

"Then do so, Omrax. If you are capable." Vahlo snarls back, rotten lips exposed over yellowed teeth.

Liberty's Edge

CG Half-Elf Summoner 12

You know, I never did account for the bless on the Gull... the 38 hit... the two 36's missed... would a 37 have made a difference?

Shadow Lodge

Table Maps | Passing the Torch |

Nope, and if I had counted cover from the elemental that wouldn't have hit either. :P

Silver Crusade

Male Half Elf -Paladin 13 AC29/T13 /F28/CMD28| Hp 121/121 | Fort:+21;Ref:+16;Will+18 |Percept.+10 | Init.+3. { } ( div bond 0/3 used, smite for 0/6 used. Hands 6d6 0/15 used) { }

Omrax calls smite upon Valho and enters the dome.

Probably something happens before he gets to the point of swinging, but will post anyway.

By the Inheritor, thy schemes are ended.

Smite Omrax +2(+5) EO longsword,smite, haste, bard, hunter: 1d20 + 12 + 4 + 5 + 7 + 1 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 12 + 4 + 5 + 7 + 1 + 3 + 2 = 41
for smite x2, bard, hunter: 1d8 + 4 + 5 + 32 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 5 + 32 + 3 + 2 = 50

AC=36 vs Vahlo. Attack does not include bless (not sure if it stacks with hunter or bard)


• I will never refuse a challenge from an equal. I will give
honor to worthy enemies, and contempt to the rest.

• I will suffer death before dishonor.

Dark Archive

Cleric (evangelist) 13 | HP: 120 |AC: 25/ FF 23/ T 14 | Fort: +16 Ref: +11 Will: +20| Perception: +21| Init: +4

Bless does stack with inspire courage and hunter’s blessing.

Dark Archive

Cleric (evangelist) 13 | HP: 120 |AC: 25/ FF 23/ T 14 | Fort: +16 Ref: +11 Will: +20| Perception: +21| Init: +4

Kasimir leans over to the bone devil. “If the undead creature leaves the stone, you are to go and kill him. Rip him limb from limb, and do not stop until his armor is rent asunder.”

In a low, grating voice, the devil answers “As you wish. “ It then leans forward, ready to launch itself at a properly challenging foe, tail raised high above its head.

Shadow Lodge

Table Maps | Passing the Torch |

Kasimir:
Judging from the fact that the Decemvirate helm is no longer in your haversack and returned to Vahlo, you have good reason to believe it has become part of his grave knight armor.

Liberty's Edge

Medium Male CG Dwarf Barbarian (chained) 12/Fighter 1 | HP 142/142 (raging 194/194) | AC 27 (29) T 15 (13) FF 24 (26) | CMB +19 (22), CMD 32 (33) +3 vs Sunder, +4 vs Bull Rush & Trip| F +20 (24), R +12, W +9 (12) | Init +6 | Perc +16 (+2 stonework) & darkvision SM +0 | Speed 30' | Active Conditions: | Constant: Combat Reflexes, DR 2/-, Imp. Uncanny Dodge

Bless doesn't require a save, so Yuri is affected.

Yuri Fort vs Haste: 1d20 ⇒ 8

Although Yuri seems to find no problem with accepting the blessing of the priest of Asmodeus, he shakes off Capt. Hamish's efforts to bewitch him.

"Enough o' that tom-foolery Cap'n! Can't ye see we've a battle to fight!?!"

With no access to their foe, Yuri runs around to the other side and smashes another opening in the wall.

Yuri had delayed on round 5 - can this be his round 5 action? Or round 6? Or are we onto round 7 already?

Free action: boots of speed for haste (2/10); Move action: move to new position on the other side of the wall; Standard action: sunder on the wall.

Sunder vs wall, +5 adamantine dorn-dergar, PA, inspire, haste, bless, improved sunder, gloves of maneuver: 1d20 + 33 ⇒ (16) + 33 = 49

adamantine B dmg to the wall: 2d8 + 32 ⇒ (3, 2) + 32 = 37

If this counted as his round 5 action and the wall is now breached, and he's now up for round 6, he will now full attack on Vahlo. Regardless, he'll activate CAGM, with PA and without Dazing Assault.

Shadow Lodge

Table Maps | Passing the Torch |

Trying to avoid painful retcons, so I will just take that attack as against Vahlo.

Shadow Lodge

Table Maps | Passing the Torch |

Yuri and Omrax lay heavy blows on the Decemvirate graveknight, rocking his now slight form. Grimacing, he goes to step forward when an emerald hued arrow lances through the gap between Omrax and the elemental to lodge in the tattered flesh of his neck.

Shortbow Damage on Vahlo: 1d6 + 3 + 4d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 3 + (2, 4, 4, 1) + (4) = 21

Ripping it out reflexively, acid bubbles as it continues dissolving withered tendons. ”Torch...” The hiss escapes clenched teeth as he stares at Skyreach, before the three spires of the helm thrum with dark energy, bursting out across the gathered Pathfinders.

Negative Energy Damage: 15d6 ⇒ (3, 2, 1, 4, 6, 2, 3, 2, 3, 2, 1, 3, 5, 4, 2) = 43 Will save for half from anyone not warded.

As the pulse subsides, another set of names rises from the wall, floating through the stone wall to form a Taldan man, split near in twain through his chest. He reaches for Omrax, moaning ”You! How long since your confirmation? How long since mine, when a Minotaur beset us! Woe is me, to be ended by a cruel axe stroke!”

Incorporeal Touch on Omrax: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (8) + 15 = 23
Cha Damage on Omrax: 1d6 ⇒ 1 Will save to negate.

Round 7 Initiative wrote:


34 Rokgurn
26 Crazy
21 Vahlo (Damage: 124)
20 Spirit
19 Hamish (Damage: 15)
16 Yuri (Damage: 4)
11 Kasimir (Damage: 5)
10 Omrax (Damage: 5)
4 Eagles

Silver Crusade

Male Half Elf -Paladin 13 AC29/T13 /F28/CMD28| Hp 121/121 | Fort:+21;Ref:+16;Will+18 |Percept.+10 | Init.+3. { } ( div bond 0/3 used, smite for 0/6 used. Hands 6d6 0/15 used) { }

Omrax will resist the blast of negative energy and draining touch.

not aware of any other buff bonuses to WILL saves.
2 vs. enchantments, +2 trait bonus vs. charm and compulsion

Ward thy servant, Iomedae!

will: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (7) + 17 = 24 vs negative energy (less resist neg 10 from armor)

Deathless armor protects its wearer from harmful negative and positive energy, including channeled energy. The armor absorbs the first 10 points of positive or negative energy damage per attack that the wearer would normally take.

Enough!

will: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (17) + 17 = 34 vs touch damage

He will try to channel to heal himself hands: 6d6 ⇒ (1, 5, 4, 2, 3, 2) = 17

Smite Omrax +5 EO longsword, smite buffs: 1d20 + 33 ⇒ (10) + 33 = 43
for dmg, smite buffs: 1d8 + 30 ⇒ (4) + 30 = 34

H-Smite Omrax +5 EO longsword, smite buffs: 1d20 + 33 ⇒ (9) + 33 = 42
for dmg, smite buffs: 1d8 + 30 ⇒ (2) + 30 = 32

Smite Omrax +5 EO longsword, smite buffs: 1d20 + 28 ⇒ (12) + 28 = 40
for dmg, smite buffs: 1d8 + 30 ⇒ (5) + 30 = 35

Smite Omrax +5 EO longsword, smite buffs: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (1) + 23 = 24
for dmg, smite buffs: 1d8 + 30 ⇒ (8) + 30 = 38

All the above are smites on Vahlo, ignore any DR

Dark Archive

Cleric (evangelist) 13 | HP: 120 |AC: 25/ FF 23/ T 14 | Fort: +16 Ref: +11 Will: +20| Perception: +21| Init: +4

Kasimir Will save 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (16) + 20 = 36 (I think I have a boon that will help, looking now)

Enough from you, spectre. You should have remained at rest.

Kasimir fires the wand of Searing Light at him, and a lance of brilliance rockets toward this new attacker.

Ranged touch attack 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (18) + 18 = 36

Kasimir then puts the wand of Bless away.

Shadow Lodge

Table Maps | Passing the Torch |

Omrax destroys Vahlo once more, the empty armor falling to the ground as his flesh turns to dust. Kasimir moves to spot the new specter and strikes true! Currently has total cover from the wall.

Liberty's Edge

CG Half-Elf Summoner 12

Both Hamish and the Seaward Gull are death warded

"Torch?!" Hamish exclaims, turning to look in the direction the arrow came from, for his next target.

Of course, a +1 perception mod might make it hard to spot him =)

Meanwhile, the crew of the Gull are realizing that stone walls, though easy for ghostly spirits to pass through, are not so easily circumventable by sailing ships!

Gull, Will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17 (+2 vs evil, +4 vs fear, +4 vs enchantments)
Feh. Flat footed yet again. 8P

Again, the ship slams into the wall, the shiny silver gull-shaped ram on the bow tearing great gouges in the stone. It follows that up with a brace of cannon fire, using heavier weight ammunition designed for breaching, and the wall, its structure already compromised from the beating its taken, crumbles under the assault.

Of course, upon seeing the bisected ghost floating therein, the crew once again seems partially paralyzed by fear, as they start digging out charms and making more signs, to ward off evil.

Only Mr. Phips, yelling at them, gets them to keep firing, though not quite as many join the assault on the rail.

First two attacks on the wall in front of it... which after hardness do 43 damage (out of 45 total)... but I now Vahlo tossed some AE's around in there, so hopefully one of them did at least 2 damage to that section. If not, the third attack will be on the wall too.

All remaining attacks on the spirit. Whichever those are, divide damage in half for each due to incorporeality

bite ram: 1d20 + 22 + 3 + 1 + 2 - 3 ⇒ (7) + 22 + 3 + 1 + 2 - 3 = 32, for 2d6 + 14 + 6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (2, 3) + 14 + 6 + 3 + 1 = 29 damage.
claw forward cannons: 1d20 + 22 + 3 + 1 + 2 - 3 ⇒ (4) + 22 + 3 + 1 + 2 - 3 = 29, for 2d6 + 14 + 6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (4, 2) + 14 + 6 + 3 + 1 = 30 damage.

claw starboard cannons: 1d20 + 22 + 3 + 1 + 2 - 3 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 22 + 3 + 1 + 2 - 3 + 2 = 43, for 2d6 + 14 + 6 + 3 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (5, 2) + 14 + 6 + 3 + 1 + 2 = 33 damage.
claw port cannons: 1d20 + 22 + 3 + 1 + 2 - 3 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 22 + 3 + 1 + 2 - 3 + 2 = 32, for 2d6 + 14 + 6 + 3 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (3, 5) + 14 + 6 + 3 + 1 + 2 = 34 damage.
claw repel incorporeal borders!: 1d20 + 22 + 3 + 1 + 2 - 3 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 22 + 3 + 1 + 2 - 3 + 2 = 41, for 2d6 + 14 + 6 + 3 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (6, 4) + 14 + 6 + 3 + 1 + 2 = 36 damage.
hasted bite harpoons: 1d20 + 22 + 3 + 1 + 2 - 3 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 22 + 3 + 1 + 2 - 3 + 2 = 36, for 2d6 + 14 + 6 + 3 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1, 2) + 14 + 6 + 3 + 1 + 2 = 29 damage.

Shadow Lodge

Table Maps | Passing the Torch |

Hamish sees a figure climbing down off of the roof of Skyreach as the Gull busts the wall down further and lays into the spirit.


The eagles look around curiously at all the activity but will take no actions.

Liberty's Edge

Medium Male CG Dwarf Barbarian (chained) 12/Fighter 1 | HP 142/142 (raging 194/194) | AC 27 (29) T 15 (13) FF 24 (26) | CMB +19 (22), CMD 32 (33) +3 vs Sunder, +4 vs Bull Rush & Trip| F +20 (24), R +12, W +9 (12) | Init +6 | Perc +16 (+2 stonework) & darkvision SM +0 | Speed 30' | Active Conditions: | Constant: Combat Reflexes, DR 2/-, Imp. Uncanny Dodge

Yuri has deathward up so ignores the negative energy

Free action: maintain rage (14/32)

Yuri attempts to obliterate Vahlo's accursed armor. I know you said that this will require something more than Sunder, but Yuri doesn't know that and it seems like a reasonable approach for him since we've seen him reappear now.

Sunder vs Vahlo's armor, +5 adamantine dorn-dergar, PA, inspire, bless, improved sunder, gloves of maneuver: 1d20 + 32 ⇒ (5) + 32 = 37

adamantine B dmg: 2d8 + 32 ⇒ (5, 3) + 32 = 40

Yuri's further actions will depend on a) if the sunder appeared to do anything to the armor (i.e. if it harmed it but it's not destroyed, he'll continue further sunder attacks); b) if the sunder was useless but the spirit is still standing he'll attack it; c) if neither a nor b, he'll move in the direction of Torch.

Liberty's Edge

Human Druid (Menhir Savant) 13| HP 140/140 | AC 21 T 15 FF 18 | CMB +12 CMD 27 |F +16 R +14 W +20|INIT + 10|PER +28/+31 Bright Light SM+7|Immune to Poison|Improved Evasion (when flying)
Daily Resources:
Shape 5/5,Place Magic 10/10,Hawkeye 10/10,Walk 7/7,Empty Body 13/13,Rune 1/1, Jacket 5/5, 4-Leaf 3/3, Pearls 1st 3/3, Rods Intensify 6/6,Extend 3/3|Spells 1st 7/7 2nd 7/7 3rd 7/7 4th 6/6 5th 5/5 6th 4/4 7th 3/3

The powers of nature protect Rokgurn (Death Ward) while the protective case provides total cover for Whisper.

Shadow Lodge

Table Maps | Passing the Torch |

Yuri sunders the armor into pieces, before moving on to the spirit.

Liberty's Edge

Medium Male CG Dwarf Barbarian (chained) 12/Fighter 1 | HP 142/142 (raging 194/194) | AC 27 (29) T 15 (13) FF 24 (26) | CMB +19 (22), CMD 32 (33) +3 vs Sunder, +4 vs Bull Rush & Trip| F +20 (24), R +12, W +9 (12) | Init +6 | Perc +16 (+2 stonework) & darkvision SM +0 | Speed 30' | Active Conditions: | Constant: Combat Reflexes, DR 2/-, Imp. Uncanny Dodge

The remainder of Yuri's turn:

Yuri steps forward 5' and swings wildly at the incorporeal spirit.

"The confirmation, ye say? Aye, it seems we've confirmed that ye shoulda stayed dead! Begone ye - we've other reefclaw to fry!"

Free action: activate haste from boots (3/10)

First attack already used on Sunder

+5 furious adamantine dorn-dergar, haste, inspire, PA, bless, hunter's blessing: 1d20 + 28 ⇒ (20) + 28 = 48

dmg: 2d8 + 34 ⇒ (8, 5) + 34 = 47 +4 if it has spells or SLA; and then presumably halved for being incorporeal

+5 furious adamantine dorn-dergar, haste, inspire, PA, bless, hunter's blessing: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (1) + 23 = 24

dmg: 2d8 + 34 ⇒ (2, 4) + 34 = 40 +4 if it has spells or SLA; and then presumably halved for being incorporeal

+5 furious adamantine dorn-dergar, haste, inspire, PA, bless, hunter's blessing: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (16) + 18 = 34

dmg: 2d8 + 34 ⇒ (6, 2) + 34 = 42 +4 if it has spells or SLA; and then presumably halved for being incorporeal

CRIT CONFIRM? +5 furious adamantine dorn-dergar, haste, inspire, PA, bless, hunter's blessing: 1d20 + 28 ⇒ (4) + 28 = 32 I assume it can't be crit? But just in case

EXTRA CRIT dmg: 2d8 + 34 ⇒ (4, 1) + 34 = 39 +4 if it has spells or SLA; and then presumably halved for being incorporeal

All only count as +3 (adamantine) for the purpose of any DR it may have

Shadow Lodge

Table Maps | Passing the Torch |

Yuri forces the spirit to discorporate, disappointed that it’s insubstantial form prevents him from critically wounding it.

Combat over.


Will, Save for half: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (2) + 16 = 18

Full damage for Bombshell.

Bombshell starts using the party Cure Light Wound wand to cure herself.


Hawk Familiar (Figment/Sage)
Current skills:
Linguistics(Common)+5,KS (Nature, Geography,Nobility,Dungeoneering,Local,History,Engineering) +15, KS-Religion +22/24 Undead, KS(Arcana,Planes) +25,
| HP 33/33 | AC 18 T 15 FF 15| CMB +10 CMD 18| SR 18 F +8 R +7 W +10| PER +16 Low Light Vision SM+2| Speed 10' Fly 60' +11 Stealth +17|
Active Conditions:
Skilled-Arcana, Planes, Religion

Whisper wonders if the armor has finally been put to rest by the use of excessive force.

Liberty's Edge

Human Druid (Menhir Savant) 13| HP 140/140 | AC 21 T 15 FF 18 | CMB +12 CMD 27 |F +16 R +14 W +20|INIT + 10|PER +28/+31 Bright Light SM+7|Immune to Poison|Improved Evasion (when flying)
Daily Resources:
Shape 5/5,Place Magic 10/10,Hawkeye 10/10,Walk 7/7,Empty Body 13/13,Rune 1/1, Jacket 5/5, 4-Leaf 3/3, Pearls 1st 3/3, Rods Intensify 6/6,Extend 3/3|Spells 1st 7/7 2nd 7/7 3rd 7/7 4th 6/6 5th 5/5 6th 4/4 7th 3/3

Rokgurn scans the rooftops for Torch.

"We must find him. We need answers. Board an eagle if you like."

Rokgurn will fly towards Torch's last known location.

"Whisper tells me that the Death Knight is not permanently destroyed. He must find a way to sanctify or destroy the armor permanently"

Shadow Lodge

Table Maps | Passing the Torch |

Whisper:
Whisper is positive that Yuri did nothing to permanently destroy it. Even worse, given that the Decemvirate helm returned to Vahlo when he rejuvenated rather than remain in Kasimir’s knapsack, it appears that the helm is also a part of his armor now.


Hawk Familiar (Figment/Sage)
Current skills:
Linguistics(Common)+5,KS (Nature, Geography,Nobility,Dungeoneering,Local,History,Engineering) +15, KS-Religion +22/24 Undead, KS(Arcana,Planes) +25,
| HP 33/33 | AC 18 T 15 FF 15| CMB +10 CMD 18| SR 18 F +8 R +7 W +10| PER +16 Low Light Vision SM+2| Speed 10' Fly 60' +11 Stealth +17|
Active Conditions:
Skilled-Arcana, Planes, Religion

Whisper thinks wondering if he knows of a way to destroy or sanctify the armor or how long they might have until the Death Knight rises again?

Shadow Lodge

Table Maps | Passing the Torch |

Whisper knows that each graveknight’s destruction method is unique, tied to the person they were in life. Whatever you have to do, you have at least a day, as the rejuvenation period is not set but always takes at least that long. The energy of the ritual appears to have accelerated it one time, but is now spent.

Liberty's Edge

Medium Male CG Dwarf Barbarian (chained) 12/Fighter 1 | HP 142/142 (raging 194/194) | AC 27 (29) T 15 (13) FF 24 (26) | CMB +19 (22), CMD 32 (33) +3 vs Sunder, +4 vs Bull Rush & Trip| F +20 (24), R +12, W +9 (12) | Init +6 | Perc +16 (+2 stonework) & darkvision SM +0 | Speed 30' | Active Conditions: | Constant: Combat Reflexes, DR 2/-, Imp. Uncanny Dodge

No longer enraged, Yuri also asks Bombshell to use the party wand on his minor scratch.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Fully healed

Suspecting that a battle with Torch may yet await them, Yuri also activates an arcane tattoo. Using a 1/day boon (Sihedron Mark) to give himself 26 temp hp for 3 minutes.

Liberty's Edge

CG Half-Elf Summoner 12

Not looking back, his eyes locked towards Skyreach, Hamish calls back. "The Lodge Chapel's just o'er yonder. Dump the lot of it in the holy water font. That should give it pause for the time being."

"For now, one last bastard to snuff." He steps aboard the deck of the Seaward Gull. "Mr. Phips... sheets full." He commands. "We have one more ship to chase down! Eyes open lads. This be a devious one."

He points his flaming blade back towards Skyreach, and the vessel's sails immediately fill out as if suddenly catching a strong breeze, as it races off that direction.

Gull, Perception: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (7) + 20 = 27

Dark Archive

Cleric (evangelist) 13 | HP: 120 |AC: 25/ FF 23/ T 14 | Fort: +16 Ref: +11 Will: +20| Perception: +21| Init: +4

Kasimir remounts his eagle and follows the group.

Shadow Lodge

Table Maps | Passing the Torch |

As the party heals their wounds and prepares to fly to Skyreach, from out of the brush near the end of the wall comes a group of figures. Carrying a shortbow, wearing a glowing green jewel around his neck, and showing signs of having fought numerous battles, Grandmaster Torch emerges with two beleaguered half-orc bodyguards in chainmail.

“Hold! Where are you going?" Quickly examining the scene before him, Torch tosses the bow aside. "Our common enemy is fallen, but not yet gone. Whatever business you have with me can wait.” Torch motions to the Decemvirate helm. “You know what we’re dealing with, what must be done?”

Liberty's Edge

Human Druid (Menhir Savant) 13| HP 140/140 | AC 21 T 15 FF 18 | CMB +12 CMD 27 |F +16 R +14 W +20|INIT + 10|PER +28/+31 Bright Light SM+7|Immune to Poison|Improved Evasion (when flying)
Daily Resources:
Shape 5/5,Place Magic 10/10,Hawkeye 10/10,Walk 7/7,Empty Body 13/13,Rune 1/1, Jacket 5/5, 4-Leaf 3/3, Pearls 1st 3/3, Rods Intensify 6/6,Extend 3/3|Spells 1st 7/7 2nd 7/7 3rd 7/7 4th 6/6 5th 5/5 6th 4/4 7th 3/3

Rokgurn addresses the Grandmaster nodding that a temporary truce is to everyone's advantage.

"To permanently destroy Vahlo we need to know more about the man. The method to destroy or sanctify his armor is unique to him. Tell us more about the man and his history or if you know who or where we can find that information."

Silver Crusade

Male Half Elf -Paladin 13 AC29/T13 /F28/CMD28| Hp 121/121 | Fort:+21;Ref:+16;Will+18 |Percept.+10 | Init.+3. { } ( div bond 0/3 used, smite for 0/6 used. Hands 6d6 0/15 used) { }

Omrax grips the hilt of his longsword tightly and is almost tempted to say something but his training restrains him.

Agreed it can wait for now. Those, like Master Rokgurn, are more versed in lore than I and have our next steps. he turns to the other party casters.

If we have a couple rounds, Omrax offers to heal any seriously injured with a laying of hands.

Liberty's Edge

Human Druid (Menhir Savant) 13| HP 140/140 | AC 21 T 15 FF 18 | CMB +12 CMD 27 |F +16 R +14 W +20|INIT + 10|PER +28/+31 Bright Light SM+7|Immune to Poison|Improved Evasion (when flying)
Daily Resources:
Shape 5/5,Place Magic 10/10,Hawkeye 10/10,Walk 7/7,Empty Body 13/13,Rune 1/1, Jacket 5/5, 4-Leaf 3/3, Pearls 1st 3/3, Rods Intensify 6/6,Extend 3/3|Spells 1st 7/7 2nd 7/7 3rd 7/7 4th 6/6 5th 5/5 6th 4/4 7th 3/3

"That is a good idea Omrax. Perhaps you can heal Whisper? I will give my healing potions for Hamish to hold as he seems to be often the target and he needs them the most of all of us."

He is down 17 hit points but his maximum is only 33.


Hawk Familiar (Figment/Sage)
Current skills:
Linguistics(Common)+5,KS (Nature, Geography,Nobility,Dungeoneering,Local,History,Engineering) +15, KS-Religion +22/24 Undead, KS(Arcana,Planes) +25,
| HP 33/33 | AC 18 T 15 FF 15| CMB +10 CMD 18| SR 18 F +8 R +7 W +10| PER +16 Low Light Vision SM+2| Speed 10' Fly 60' +11 Stealth +17|
Active Conditions:
Skilled-Arcana, Planes, Religion

Whisper looks at the Paladin with big puppy eyes despite being a hawk.

Silver Crusade

Male Half Elf -Paladin 13 AC29/T13 /F28/CMD28| Hp 121/121 | Fort:+21;Ref:+16;Will+18 |Percept.+10 | Init.+3. { } ( div bond 0/3 used, smite for 0/6 used. Hands 6d6 0/15 used) { }

Omrax nods and places healing hands on the hawk.

hands: 6d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (4, 5, 6, 2, 1, 1) + (2) = 21

Once done, he will look for others then finally heal himself.

Praise thy healing, Inheritor.

hands: 6d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (6, 2, 6, 6, 3, 3) + (5) = 31

1,401 to 1,450 of 1,503 << first < prev | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Passing the Torch All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.