[PFS] TOZ's Passing the Torch (Inactive)

Game Master TriOmegaZero

Game Map and Information.


1 to 50 of 1,503 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.

For dotting and deleting.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Cleric 13 | HP:120/120 | AC: 25/ FF 23/ T 14 | Fort: +16 Ref: +11 Will: +19 | Perception: +20| Init: +4

Hi


“Greetings, Pathfinders,” says a man wearing a triple-spired helmet as he strides purposefully into the room. The helmet marks him as a member of the Decemvirate, one of the enigmatic leaders of the Pathfinder Society. “You are here because you are the finest that the Pathfinder Society has to offer. Time and again, you have been entrusted with tasks of utmost importance, and you have always carried them through to success. I have personally summoned you here with yet another perilous mission—one that requires great discretion. As I am sure you have heard, the nation of Lastwall is reeling beneath the onslaught of an undead invasion, triggered by the release of the Whispering Tyrant from his prison.”

K.Local 10:
While the Whispering Tyrant’s escape from his prison is common knowledge it is a very recent event that some may not yet be aware of.

K.History:
You know that the Whispering Tyrant is on elf the most infamous lichee in history.

K.History 20+:
You know that he was an immensely powerful wizard who terrorized Golarion about 3,000 years ago, conquering nations and ruling with an iron and merciless fist. His reign only ended when the god Aroden slew him personally. But death at the hands of a god wasn’t the end of the Whispering Tyrant, who eventually rose again as a lich. Again, he conquered the nearby lands and re-established his rule. After almost a century of crusades against him, heroes were finally able to imprison him within the tower that had been the seat of his power—Gallowspire.

“The majority of our Pathfinder forces have been dispatched to deal with this grave threat, which leaves the Society open to threats from other enemies. In particular, I have received word that Grandmaster Torch is once again on the move and working to capitalize on the current crisis. Although Torch’s past is complicated, his wanton disregard for bystanders and increasingly aggressive gambits against the Society have left us no choice: the time has come to kill Grandmaster Torch. We’ve long wondered where he acquired his most damning intelligence, and in the past year we identified his principal contact: a gnome named Eylysia who was once a member of the Pathfinder Society. She is not the same justice-minded visionary that she was in the Society’s early days. It appears that a combination of estrangement, Torch’s influence, and perhaps even the Bleaching have left blood on her hands—a great deal of blood. Together, the two of them are planning one last attack that could destroy the Society as we know it. At this point it’s clear that even in apparent isolation, Eylysia poses an ongoing threat to the Society she once championed.
“Although Torch remains elusive, we have learned that Eylysia has hidden herself away on Mediogalti Island. I have arranged for you to be teleported to Azir, where a ship waits to carry to you to Ilizmagorti, a pirate haven located on Mediogalti Island. Once there, seek out the villa of Stanton Strake. He is a retired pirate captain who once served as a contact for the Pathfinder Society. Strake keeps abreast of Pathfinder news, and I believe he is in communication with Eylysia. Use Strake to discover her whereabouts, then confront her to learn Torch’s location. If she proves unwilling to return to face justice, eliminate her. The Pathfinder Society can no longer afford to have enemies fomenting discord in the shadows.
“A final word of caution, Pathfinders. As you are likely aware, Mediogalti Island is the main stronghold of the Red Mantis assassins. Any Pathfinders discovered on the island are summarily executed. The assassins have considerable resources, both magical and mundane, that they use to ferret out spies. There are few places in Golarion more dangerous for a Pathfinder agent to travel. Be sure to take every precaution to conceal your presence there.”

Dark Archive

Cleric (evangelist) 13 | HP: 120 |AC: 25/ FF 23/ T 14 | Fort: +16 Ref: +11 Will: +20| Perception: +21| Init: +4

A tall man with dark hair and neatly trimmed beard folds his hands together. “Lovely. Well, it certainly won’t be dull.”

Turning toward the others, he introduces himself with a slight bow. ”Kasimir von Vang, priest of Asmodeus. I have been given very strict orders on cooperation, you needn’t fear on that account, but I must warn you, Asmodeans are not known for their skill at healing. I’ll expect you to reach the end of the fight on your own, and I’ll do what I can to patch you up afterwards.

We -do- have a certain flair for deception, it sounds like that may come in useful quite soon.”

closer look:

Kasimir is dressed in well-made clerical robes, with a mace hanging from one hip, and a satchel at the other. He has a calm, deep speaking voice, and gives the impression of a formal education. He has a strong aura of law about him, and much of his jewelry detects as magical.

Silver Crusade

Male Half Elf -Paladin 13 AC29/T13 /F28/CMD28| Hp 121/121 | Fort:+21;Ref:+16;Will+18 |Percept.+10 | Init.+3. { } ( div bond 0/3 used, smite for 0/6 used. Hands 6d6 0/15 used) { }

Omrax appears as a tall, fair haired knight of with obvious elven heritage. He removes his winged helm as he enters the room.

Under his red cloak, he wears a suit of polished fullplate along with a shield bearing the crest of Iomedae on his arm.
His longsword is well kept and shows signs of recent battles.
Strapped to his back is a longbow and greatsword.

”Omrax, servant of Iomedae at your service. I shall provide healing as best as I am able, but healing is not my focus. You have my oath I will leave no one on the team behind.“

He half-bows as best he can in armor.

”By asking us to kill this gnome, I am assuming all avenues for extradition or diplomacy have failed? We shall find Strake and track down this enemy of the society. If she should surrender, would she have value to finding Torch?“

Liberty's Edge

Human Druid (Menhir Savant) 13| HP 140/140 | AC 21 T 15 FF 18 | CMB +12 CMD 27 |F +16 R +14 W +20|INIT + 10|PER +28/+31 Bright Light SM+7|Immune to Poison|Improved Evasion (when flying)
Daily Resources:
Shape 5/5,Place Magic 10/10,Hawkeye 10/10,Walk 7/7,Empty Body 13/13,Rune 1/1, Jacket 5/5, 4-Leaf 3/3, Pearls 1st 3/3, Rods Intensify 6/6,Extend 3/3|Spells 1st 7/7 2nd 7/7 3rd 7/7 4th 6/6 5th 5/5 6th 4/4 7th 3/3

A young human male of olive complexion and brown hair and eyes sits patiently for the speaker for the Decemvirate to finish.

"Well we should go in prepared. Teleportation is a risky business. You can never quite see what will be there waiting for you."

He turns and speaks to the assembled party but hopes that the mission briefer will answer.

"It would be good to know at least what these people look like. A picture would be best but I guess we can work with a description if we have to."

He then turns to Kasimir.

"If you can use your divine influence to prevent scrying that would be handy. We will have to come up with a plan to blend in."

OOC:
Buffs before teleporting. Wild Shape - Air Elemental (Medium), Mage Armor, Heightened Awareness, Barkskin (Extended), Life Bubble.


Hawk Familiar (Figment/Sage)
Current skills:
Linguistics(Common)+5,KS (Nature, Geography,Nobility,Dungeoneering,Local,History,Engineering) +15, KS-Religion +22/24 Undead, KS(Arcana,Planes) +25,
| HP 33/33 | AC 18 T 15 FF 15| CMB +10 CMD 18| SR 18 F +8 R +7 W +10| PER +16 Low Light Vision SM+2| Speed 10' Fly 60' +11 Stealth +17|
Active Conditions:
Skilled-Arcana, Planes, Religion

A small hawk circles around the room. He lands on a chair near Rokgurn and begins to speak. He elaborates on the known history surrounding the Whispering Tyrant.

OOC:
Take 10 for History and Local of 25. Everyone can click on the knowledge buttons if they like.

The Exchange

Gnome Grenadier 11/Master Chymist 2 | AC: 24+11 (15+2 T, 21+10 FF) | HP: 122 /122 | BAB: +10/+5 | F:+18+2, R:+17+3, W:+14+2, +2 v Fear & Despair | Init:+6 | CMB +7, CMD 22
Resources:
Flight 11/ 11 | Boots: 10/10 | Bombs: 20/ 26 | Extracts: |
Buffs:
Cognatogen, Freedom of Mvmt, Barkskin, Absorb Toxicity, See Invisibility, Stoneskin CL15, Heroism CL5, Shield, Ill of Calm, Red Person 12min, EH avail, Re-roll avail
Conditions:

A small, puny gnome festooned with bottles and vials galore strides into the room like he owns it.
"The name's Crazy, and this is Hairy." He holds his hand out to the large hairy tumor on his neck, which rolls off his body and into his hand, taking on the form of a hedgehog.

"This Mediogalti Island sounds like a wretched hive of assorted scum and villainy. Being a sordid scum myself, it sounds like it's chock full of my kind of people...it'll be a great opportunity to expand the influence of Sczarn--I mean, the Exchange. It'll be a blast!"

"And before we try and off this Eylysia, I wouldn't mind a chance to talk a little sense into her. She sounds like she simply needs a little guidance, and a better opportunity. She'd be perfect for the GEE-nomes. I'm sure I can convince her of the error of her ways and recruit her to the finest outfit in the Sczarni Empire--I mean 'The Exchange.'"

"Oh, by the way, if you're curious, the Whispering Tyrant was an immensely powerful wizard who terrorized Golarion about 3,000 years ago, conquering nations and ruling with an iron and merciless fist. His reign only ended when the god Aroden slew him personally. But death at the hands of a god wasn’t the end of the Whispering Tyrant, who eventually rose again as a lich. Again, he conquered the nearby lands and re-established his rule. After almost a century of crusades against him, heroes were finally able to imprison him within the tower that had been the seat of his power—Gallowspire."

take ten kn-history=20

The Exchange

Gnome Grenadier 11/Master Chymist 2 | AC: 24+11 (15+2 T, 21+10 FF) | HP: 122 /122 | BAB: +10/+5 | F:+18+2, R:+17+3, W:+14+2, +2 v Fear & Despair | Init:+6 | CMB +7, CMD 22
Resources:
Flight 11/ 11 | Boots: 10/10 | Bombs: 20/ 26 | Extracts: |
Buffs:
Cognatogen, Freedom of Mvmt, Barkskin, Absorb Toxicity, See Invisibility, Stoneskin CL15, Heroism CL5, Shield, Ill of Calm, Red Person 12min, EH avail, Re-roll avail
Conditions:

Crazy walks up to Omrax, getting a little more into his personal space than societal norms. "Okay, Mr. Decimverate. Who's bright idea was it to invite this particular Longshanks to this party? Clearly not the brightest idea--no offense, Omrax. Then again, such folly is to be expected when it comes to the Society's so-called 'leadership.'"
Crazy pauses in his rant and ponders for a moment.
Take ten Knowledge-Religion=19
"Then again, Iomedae isn't quite as uptight as some of those other goody two-shoes. It's not against your code to lie, right? I mean, using deception in order to help the greater good, yadayadayada. 'Cause otherwise, you can head in by yourself, and we'll use the distraction of you being eviscerated to infiltrate the place."

Player-to-player, just having fun and being Crazy Hairy. I'm assuming the scenario provides for someone of Omrax's nature to still go on the mission. Even if personal code says Omrax won't lie, we can try and figure out a workaround...level 2 Paladin spell Undetectable Alignment, and there's Misdirection and Nondetection.


Hawk Familiar (Figment/Sage)
Current skills:
Linguistics(Common)+5,KS (Nature, Geography,Nobility,Dungeoneering,Local,History,Engineering) +15, KS-Religion +22/24 Undead, KS(Arcana,Planes) +25,
| HP 33/33 | AC 18 T 15 FF 15| CMB +10 CMD 18| SR 18 F +8 R +7 W +10| PER +16 Low Light Vision SM+2| Speed 10' Fly 60' +11 Stealth +17|
Active Conditions:
Skilled-Arcana, Planes, Religion

The bird simply shakes his head at Crazy Hairy and his shenanigans. With the hint of mildest scorn he addresses the Gnome.

"Where exactly did you do to school? Paladins of Iomedae do not typically lie or deceive people for any reason."

Then to annoy Crazy Hairy he recites The Acts of Iomedae as well as the Paladin code.

KS:Religion 32:
Take 10 on Religion

Dark Archive

Cleric (evangelist) 13 | HP: 120 |AC: 25/ FF 23/ T 14 | Fort: +16 Ref: +11 Will: +20| Perception: +21| Init: +4

“I can obscure myself easily enough. All of us, however, requires energy that might be better used elsewhere. One thing is for certain, we should give up our wayfinders, and give some serious thought to disguises.”

Glancing over at Omrax, he continues “...And perhaps let me do the negotiating.”

Liberty's Edge

CG Half-Elf Summoner 12

Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17 Hmm.. apparently Hamish knows the Whispering Tyrant got out... I certainly did not! When did that happen?

"Ah, Ilizmagorti? Haven't been there since that bar wench stabbed me with the spatula! Har!"

The man who makes the comment is not at all what you expected. He seems to be a symbol of pirate stereotypes, outside of eye patches and peg legs. A tall, scrawny man, with a patchwork back beard, and some elven blood, judging by the tips of his ears. He seems like a throw away from some local theater troop, more than anything else, in fact, what you thought was a pistol poking out of the sash around his waste, you're pretty sure is just a wooden prop.

"I be Hamish Carmody O'Toole!" He announces, as if you should all have heard of him. "Captain o' the finest ship in the Andoran Fleet. Privateer... and, some might say, occasional pirate... depending on which side o' the cannons they was on. Har!"

"The Decimvirate themselves requested I go on this mission." He adds, conspiratorially. The fact one of those very illusive members is in the room with you doesn't seem to phase him. "And if its Mediogalti we're sailin' for, it is no wonder! Few others will have the experience, in that den of pirates and assassins, more than this old salt here." He taps himself on the chest.

Just an out of character note: Hamish is a compulsive liar... though more in the realm of tall tales and embellishing his own past. I just assume he takes a 10 on his bluff checks all the time, for a 40 base DC. Not sure if anyone's sense motives are up to the task to notice the less extravagant lies. =)

"I'd offer me ship, the Seaward Gull, for the voyage, but seems time is of the essence." He frowns in disappointment when he learns they are to travel via teleportation instead. "No worries. I'm sure we'll have plenty of uses for her once we arrive."

He pulls out a small thin whistle, glances towards the door and blows on it, a short shrill blast, that raises in pitch near the end.

"Crew should be bringing her around shortly, for transport." He adds proudly.

Liberty's Edge

Human Druid (Menhir Savant) 13| HP 140/140 | AC 21 T 15 FF 18 | CMB +12 CMD 27 |F +16 R +14 W +20|INIT + 10|PER +28/+31 Bright Light SM+7|Immune to Poison|Improved Evasion (when flying)
Daily Resources:
Shape 5/5,Place Magic 10/10,Hawkeye 10/10,Walk 7/7,Empty Body 13/13,Rune 1/1, Jacket 5/5, 4-Leaf 3/3, Pearls 1st 3/3, Rods Intensify 6/6,Extend 3/3|Spells 1st 7/7 2nd 7/7 3rd 7/7 4th 6/6 5th 5/5 6th 4/4 7th 3/3

"I can change the lot of us into a flock of birds for hours on end if that would help. Considering the characters in this bunch it might be best if only a couple of us were to speak to the pirate folk."

OOC: The less bluff checks we need to make as a party the better. This applies doubly for the Paladin in the party who will not mix well with pirate scum.

For Hamish:
I really like the nautical theme that your character is rocking. The Eidolon disguised as a pirate ship is inspired. As I mentioned in the discussion thread if you could cast Mage Armor on my character it would be appreciated.

Silver Crusade

Male Half Elf -Paladin 13 AC29/T13 /F28/CMD28| Hp 121/121 | Fort:+21;Ref:+16;Will+18 |Percept.+10 | Init.+3. { } ( div bond 0/3 used, smite for 0/6 used. Hands 6d6 0/15 used) { }

Omrax has undetectable alignment and can don a disguise. He has some skill as a sailor so that could offset his liabilities. Not speaking is the closest he will come to lying. Other actions will be at GM discretion.

Omrax bows to Crazy

”I must offer thee an apology. I actually thought thou were an escaped slave or the like with information for our mission, and did not realize thou were part of the Society team. That has been a more typical pattern. “

The above is sincerely stated. Turning back to Kasimir

”As to why I am here and not someone with more skills in deception or espionage, I have long ago stopped trying to guess the motives of the Decimvirate. I will do what I must, and I am sure there is a reason I have been chosen. Maybe just to provide balance to the team where lacking.“

Liberty's Edge

CG Half-Elf Summoner 12

"Dunno 'bout this gnome lady." Hamish adds. "But that Torch bastard. There's one that deserves to hang from a yardarm, for sure. If he's been blowin' in her ear, hard to say if we can reel her back in."

As he speaks, a strange objects glides into the room through the door.

It appears nothing less than a scale model sailing ship. Though only about five feet long, from the tip of its bow to the aft section, it seems accurate to phenomenal detail. You can almost hear the wood creaking and the sails are even billowing out as it moves, like some unseen wind were blowing on them.

More surprising though, is the ship appears to be manned! Dozens of tiny little creatures seem to be working the rigging and busy on deck. They are humanoid, though only a few inches tall. Upon closer inspection, you can't really tell them apart, as none seem to have any faces to speak of... though a few do sport eye patches over non-existent eyes. You even manage to spot one with a hook hand, and another with a peg leg.

"Ah, thar she be." Hamish crows. "The Seaward Gull!"

It is disguised! We'll assume a take 10 on that too... so only a DC 30 to realize its not an animated object, or some sort of construct. Over time, most of you'll see through that =)

"Mr. Phips!" He calls. "Prepare for docking!"

You're not entirely certainly who he's talking to, but out from the forecastle on the ship, a tiny figure emerges, just as featureless as the rest, but this one wears some sort of nautical uniform, and has a little tricorne hat on his head.

"Aye, Captain!" The tiny figure shouts in acknowledgement, saluting... you find that last odd, as it doesn't appear to have a mouth.

You don't hear him saying anything to the rest of the 'crew', but the deck of the ship is suddenly awash with activity, as the tiny figures suddenly bustle about, furling sails and, you assume, battening hatches... maybe a bit of swabbing.

Dark Archive

Cleric (evangelist) 13 | HP: 120 |AC: 25/ FF 23/ T 14 | Fort: +16 Ref: +11 Will: +20| Perception: +21| Init: +4

Is that a Chelish ship? asks Kasimir. I have never seen one...quite like it

He folds his fingers together, and begins to think. A madman with a summoned creature, an Iomedean, a gnome...So, the usual crew of misfits and expendables. I’ll have to do what I can to keep them alive, they’re less useful dead.....

...though, I might be able to manage something...*begins wondering about skeletal champion possibilities as he selects his spells for the day*

Hand me your wayfinders, if you please once Kasimir has them all, he casts dispel magic on his haversack, suppressing the extra-dimensional space for a moment. While it is still a normal bag, he drops the wayfinders inside.

Liberty's Edge

Medium Male CG Dwarf Barbarian (chained) 12/Fighter 1 | HP 142/142 (raging 194/194) | AC 27 (29) T 15 (13) FF 24 (26) | CMB +19 (22), CMD 32 (33) +3 vs Sunder, +4 vs Bull Rush & Trip| F +20 (24), R +12, W +9 (12) | Init +6 | Perc +16 (+2 stonework) & darkvision SM +0 | Speed 30' | Active Conditions: | Constant: Combat Reflexes, DR 2/-, Imp. Uncanny Dodge

Knowledge (Local): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

A stout dwarf with two beards and three pairs of spectacles has been sitting in the corner listening and drinking wine. He seems to be struggling to control his temper and finally he bursts out, "Toooorch! We're coming for ye! 'N about time if ye ask me - that varlet been scheming his way in and out o' our business for far too long. It makes me angry. It really does. Why, I could break something - !" and he nearly does, gripping the nearest stool in his weathered hands for a moment before remembering where he is. "Right then, off to an island o' assassins what hates pathfinders to track down one o' our oldest enemies - sounds good to me - can't think o' anything that could possibly go wrong..."

He takes another swig of wine. "Oh, where's me manners? Yuri's the name 'n me dorn-dergar's at yer service."

As the briefing continues, however, Yuri noticeably squints when the talk turns to teleportation. He turns to the masked gentleman and asks, "Now I know ye know yer business 'n all, but are ye sure that teleportin' us there is the best idea? They say that nothing good comes from suchlike wizardry 'n our friend here has a ship of his very own - might be a tight fit but why don't we all just take the scenic route aboard the Seaward Gull?" Yuri is eventually persuaded that time is of the essence, but it's clear that he finds the very notion of teleportation magic pretty disturbing.

"Now how 'bout our wayfinders? 'Twill it be enough to keep 'em tucked away? Or we need to leave 'em here in Absalom. Mine holds a nice little stone that I'm fond of, though I reckon I can do without it if need be."

"'N what else can ye tell us about Torch 'n his gnome lady friend? Why's she livin' with the assassins? She an assassin herself?"

Silver Crusade

Male Half Elf -Paladin 13 AC29/T13 /F28/CMD28| Hp 121/121 | Fort:+21;Ref:+16;Will+18 |Percept.+10 | Init.+3. { } ( div bond 0/3 used, smite for 0/6 used. Hands 6d6 0/15 used) { }

Omrax removes and hands his wayfinder to the priest.

Beyond the light, I have not used it for directions, so I will likely not need it during the voyage or teleportation. Whichever is decided.

He considers his spells and whether he will stow his heavy armor during a sea trip as opposed to keeping the armor if teleporting.

Omrax will cast undetectable alignment at the beginning of each morning, right after prayers.


• I will have faith in the Inheritor. I will channel her
strength through my body. I will shine in her legion,
and I will not tarnish her glory through base actions.

• I will never abandon a companion, though I will honor
sacrifice freely given.

• I will guard the honor of my fellows, both in thought
and deed, and I will have faith in them.


Sorry for a little late today.

The man smiles as the Pathfinders talk amongst themselves.

She was banished from the Society centuries ago. For many years, Pathfinders sought to track her down, though none found her. Learning information about her has been difficult. She has not been heard from for hundreds of years and most assumed she had died. However, her treachery was almost lost, but recent events have allowed more of the past7s secrets to come to life.

Listening to the druid’s concerns about transportation and disguise. He pipes up with
“The Red Mantis assassins keep a tight control of Ilizmagorti. They have informants everywhere, so using some sort of disguise would be wise. Certainly you should avoid displaying your wayfinders or any other signs of affiliation with the Pathfinder Society. Magical protections against divinations would also be of service, as the Red Mantis assassins have many powerful spellcasters within their ranks.”

Somewhat cursing under his breath, “Other agents have uncovered preliminary plots against several lodges. However, his exact plans have yet evaded us, and we are bolstering security in the meantime.” In truth, the Decemvirate member doesn’t know for sure that Torch has such plans; killing Torch is a preemptive measure to protect the Decemvirate member’s schemes. With a successful DC 34 Sense Motive check, a PC discerns that the leader is withholding information. If prompted about this, he insists that the less the PCs know of Torch’s plans, the less biased their own research will be. If coerced much further, he concludes the briefing altogether.

Liberty's Edge

Medium Male CG Dwarf Barbarian (chained) 12/Fighter 1 | HP 142/142 (raging 194/194) | AC 27 (29) T 15 (13) FF 24 (26) | CMB +19 (22), CMD 32 (33) +3 vs Sunder, +4 vs Bull Rush & Trip| F +20 (24), R +12, W +9 (12) | Init +6 | Perc +16 (+2 stonework) & darkvision SM +0 | Speed 30' | Active Conditions: | Constant: Combat Reflexes, DR 2/-, Imp. Uncanny Dodge

Yuri reluctantly adds his wayfinder to the pile in Kasimir's bag. He also purchases a disguise kit, though he's doubtful that it will do him much good. "Two beards, see? Kinda hard to disguise that!"

Liberty's Edge

Human Druid (Menhir Savant) 13| HP 140/140 | AC 21 T 15 FF 18 | CMB +12 CMD 27 |F +16 R +14 W +20|INIT + 10|PER +28/+31 Bright Light SM+7|Immune to Poison|Improved Evasion (when flying)
Daily Resources:
Shape 5/5,Place Magic 10/10,Hawkeye 10/10,Walk 7/7,Empty Body 13/13,Rune 1/1, Jacket 5/5, 4-Leaf 3/3, Pearls 1st 3/3, Rods Intensify 6/6,Extend 3/3|Spells 1st 7/7 2nd 7/7 3rd 7/7 4th 6/6 5th 5/5 6th 4/4 7th 3/3

Rokgurn chuckles at the Dwarf and his disguise kit.

"There is no way that you are going to be fooling anyone. I still think the best bet is to only have one or at most two of our people actually talk to the pirates. The rest of us can be transformed into pigeons waiting a stone throw away in case trouble were to break out."

OOC: Animal Shapes(Birds) can work for the party. There is no way that the Dwarf will fool anyone with Disguise +1.

He then turns to the Priest.

"I never did have a need for a compass. It is really for city folk who do not spend enough time in nature."

Liberty's Edge

Medium Male CG Dwarf Barbarian (chained) 12/Fighter 1 | HP 142/142 (raging 194/194) | AC 27 (29) T 15 (13) FF 24 (26) | CMB +19 (22), CMD 32 (33) +3 vs Sunder, +4 vs Bull Rush & Trip| F +20 (24), R +12, W +9 (12) | Init +6 | Perc +16 (+2 stonework) & darkvision SM +0 | Speed 30' | Active Conditions: | Constant: Combat Reflexes, DR 2/-, Imp. Uncanny Dodge

Yuri is persuaded by Rokgurn and does not purchase the disguise kit after all.

The Exchange

Gnome Grenadier 11/Master Chymist 2 | AC: 24+11 (15+2 T, 21+10 FF) | HP: 122 /122 | BAB: +10/+5 | F:+18+2, R:+17+3, W:+14+2, +2 v Fear & Despair | Init:+6 | CMB +7, CMD 22
Resources:
Flight 11/ 11 | Boots: 10/10 | Bombs: 20/ 26 | Extracts: |
Buffs:
Cognatogen, Freedom of Mvmt, Barkskin, Absorb Toxicity, See Invisibility, Stoneskin CL15, Heroism CL5, Shield, Ill of Calm, Red Person 12min, EH avail, Re-roll avail
Conditions:

Hairy unfolds his bat wings and flutters to the ceiling, eyeing up the hawk as if getting ready to spit at it. His hedgehog scampers up to his ear and whispers frantically. Crazy nearly explodes in reply, "Whaddaya mean I can't vomit a swarm over that disgusting bird? It'd not like it'd kill it...probably." The hedgehog continues to hurriedly whisper until Crazy finally sighs, saying, "Fine. Whatever. You're such a buzzkill, Hairy. I swear, if you tell me that's what SHE would want me to do, I'll vomit all over you."

At the mention of a wayfinder, Crazy starts cackling so hard he literally falls to the floor. "Yer kidding, right? The only reason I put up with you ponces is that Guaril says we have to if we want to remain in the good graces of the Sczarni--I mean 'the Exchange.'" The last two words are spoken with a sneer. "Okay, I used to have one, back when it worked with my clear spindle ioun stone. But a few years back it stopped working. So i just leave the dang thing in my lodgings. The Gee-nomes occasionally use it for crossbow target practice."

"Oh, and I s'pose I should remind all you goody-goody types that it isn't just the Paladin that reeks of goody-two-boots...I mean, he does reek the most, but all you goody-goodys will have some kind of stench on ya."

Anyone of our level with a Good alignment will be detectable as good, and will probably have at least a moderate aura. Not a problem for Crazy, or Bombshell. Though Bombshell is only true neutral, Crazy is the chaotic one. Scroll of Undetectable Alignment costs 150, 2 prestige for a scroll with 5 castings. Wand would be 4500gp.

Liberty's Edge

Medium Male CG Dwarf Barbarian (chained) 12/Fighter 1 | HP 142/142 (raging 194/194) | AC 27 (29) T 15 (13) FF 24 (26) | CMB +19 (22), CMD 32 (33) +3 vs Sunder, +4 vs Bull Rush & Trip| F +20 (24), R +12, W +9 (12) | Init +6 | Perc +16 (+2 stonework) & darkvision SM +0 | Speed 30' | Active Conditions: | Constant: Combat Reflexes, DR 2/-, Imp. Uncanny Dodge

Yuri is CG but from what we've heard so far I'm not sure that just being detected as such would blow our cover. It's not like everyone on the island is evil.

Dark Archive

Cleric (evangelist) 13 | HP: 120 |AC: 25/ FF 23/ T 14 | Fort: +16 Ref: +11 Will: +20| Perception: +21| Init: +4

Kasimir will change his appearance, adding a beard and a touch of grey to his hair with the disguise kit, and augmenting it further with his hat of disguise. He will then cast non-detection on himself.

(Take 10 on disguise)

Great is Asmodeus, who stands like a fortress amidst his enemies! says Kasimir, as he casts magic vestment on Yuri.

Great is Asmodeus, who brings destruction to our enemies! says Kasimir, as he casts greater magic weapon on Yuri.

Will such magics interfere with your oaths, paladin? Or would a sharper sword make vengeance-taking easier? It is yours if you ask.

Liberty's Edge

CG Half-Elf Summoner 12

Hamish will be going as is. As far as he's concerned, he already looks the part!

Liberty's Edge

Human Druid (Menhir Savant) 13| HP 140/140 | AC 21 T 15 FF 18 | CMB +12 CMD 27 |F +16 R +14 W +20|INIT + 10|PER +28/+31 Bright Light SM+7|Immune to Poison|Improved Evasion (when flying)
Daily Resources:
Shape 5/5,Place Magic 10/10,Hawkeye 10/10,Walk 7/7,Empty Body 13/13,Rune 1/1, Jacket 5/5, 4-Leaf 3/3, Pearls 1st 3/3, Rods Intensify 6/6,Extend 3/3|Spells 1st 7/7 2nd 7/7 3rd 7/7 4th 6/6 5th 5/5 6th 4/4 7th 3/3

Rokgurn knows that he has to be direct with Hamish to get his attention. Playing into the nautical theme he wraps an arm around the man.

"Be a good Captain and use a wee bit of your sea magic on your first mate."

OOC: Mage Armor, please.

With the assumption that they will be leaving soon. He transforms himself into a humanoid creature of living air. The details are of a weathered sailor. An homage to Hamish and this absurd adventure.
He calls upon the power of nature to fortify himself for the journey. He then straps on his shield and puts on his pack.

"Ready to go. We are going to leave soon. Right?"

Liberty's Edge

CG Half-Elf Summoner 12

"Har! First mate?" Hamish retorts, giving Rokgurn the eye. "You lookin' to unseat Mr. Phips... Don't let his fancy outfit fool ya, he's a crafty old bastard. He learns you're runnin' for his job, you might find yourself on the wrong end o' a shiv in your sleep."

Jeeze guys, that's what wands of mage armor are for =)

Silver Crusade

Male Half Elf -Paladin 13 AC29/T13 /F28/CMD28| Hp 121/121 | Fort:+21;Ref:+16;Will+18 |Percept.+10 | Init.+3. { } ( div bond 0/3 used, smite for 0/6 used. Hands 6d6 0/15 used) { }

Omrax will cast his daily spell to cover his aura and dons clothes to appear more as a cloaked sailor than a knight, with his holy symbol stashed away while sailing.

disguise take-10: 10 + 7 = 17 plus any other buffs or circumstances for his minor (+4) experience/profession sailor.

GM provide any guidance if working with the LN Cleric is going to cause any alignment issues. I am assuming neutral spells/cooperation is acceptable to advance the mission. Omrax will not accept evil spells of any sort.

I believe an enchantment on my blade is allowed as the Inheritor, while rare, is not unknown to accept advice from the Lord of the hells. Council from the I am ready.

Also, keeping our distance helps with the disguise, unless they are magically scrying.

Liberty's Edge

Human Druid (Menhir Savant) 13| HP 140/140 | AC 21 T 15 FF 18 | CMB +12 CMD 27 |F +16 R +14 W +20|INIT + 10|PER +28/+31 Bright Light SM+7|Immune to Poison|Improved Evasion (when flying)
Daily Resources:
Shape 5/5,Place Magic 10/10,Hawkeye 10/10,Walk 7/7,Empty Body 13/13,Rune 1/1, Jacket 5/5, 4-Leaf 3/3, Pearls 1st 3/3, Rods Intensify 6/6,Extend 3/3|Spells 1st 7/7 2nd 7/7 3rd 7/7 4th 6/6 5th 5/5 6th 4/4 7th 3/3

Rokgurn is taken back a little by Hamish's attitude. A pack helps each other out as it is to everyone's advantage. Clearly a Pathfinder should know this. He takes out his own wand and attempts to use it.

OOC: Repeated attempt at UMD (with Guidance) will lead to a 75% chance of success with a 25% chance of a 1.

UMD Mage Armor Wand 1-Failure 2-4 Success: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Shadow Lodge

Table Maps | Passing the Torch |

Dotting in. If you have any further prep let me know by Sunday. I may be able to squeeze in an update before then but no promises. Omrax can walk the line with Kasimir so long as he does not take any Evil actions himself. If Kasimir uses this mission towards evil ends Omrax will have to end the alliance.

Silver Crusade

Male Half Elf -Paladin 13 AC29/T13 /F28/CMD28| Hp 121/121 | Fort:+21;Ref:+16;Will+18 |Percept.+10 | Init.+3. { } ( div bond 0/3 used, smite for 0/6 used. Hands 6d6 0/15 used) { }

@GM - sounds good and thanks for picking up this table of misfits :)

Liberty's Edge

Medium Male CG Dwarf Barbarian (chained) 12/Fighter 1 | HP 142/142 (raging 194/194) | AC 27 (29) T 15 (13) FF 24 (26) | CMB +19 (22), CMD 32 (33) +3 vs Sunder, +4 vs Bull Rush & Trip| F +20 (24), R +12, W +9 (12) | Init +6 | Perc +16 (+2 stonework) & darkvision SM +0 | Speed 30' | Active Conditions: | Constant: Combat Reflexes, DR 2/-, Imp. Uncanny Dodge

Yes, many thanks! Looking forward to it.

Liberty's Edge

Human Druid (Menhir Savant) 13| HP 140/140 | AC 21 T 15 FF 18 | CMB +12 CMD 27 |F +16 R +14 W +20|INIT + 10|PER +28/+31 Bright Light SM+7|Immune to Poison|Improved Evasion (when flying)
Daily Resources:
Shape 5/5,Place Magic 10/10,Hawkeye 10/10,Walk 7/7,Empty Body 13/13,Rune 1/1, Jacket 5/5, 4-Leaf 3/3, Pearls 1st 3/3, Rods Intensify 6/6,Extend 3/3|Spells 1st 7/7 2nd 7/7 3rd 7/7 4th 6/6 5th 5/5 6th 4/4 7th 3/3

Just checking in. When are we getting started here?

Shadow Lodge

Table Maps | Passing the Torch |

Apologies, the house was a mess after two weekends out of town in a row. (It's still a mess but more manageable.) I will try to get us rolling by tonight.

Dark Archive

Male Ifrit Sorcerer11

With preparations made, you report to a specific chamber in Skyreach, the door bearing arcane sigils courtesy of the Dark Archive. Inside, you find implements laid out in precise arcane geometry. A man with orange-streaked red hair and bronzed skin stands ready, ceremonial silks open to expose his bare chest.

"Greetings, honored Seekers! I, Lord Able Elish, shall have the pleasure of transporting you today!" He speaks with bombast and complete lack of restraint, the mark of extraplanar heritage clear in his appearance and manner. "By the POWER OF THE EFREETI, you shall be safely conveyed." The booming voice somehow grows louder at the boast.

Directing you within the bounds of the implements, flames leap up your feet as he concentrates, eyes glowing bright. The sheets of fire rise to obscure your view, before receding and leaving you unharmed, but altogether elsewhere.

"BEHOLD! Azir, and lo there berths the Eel Prince, to ferry you on to the accursed isle. I estimate a day or more travel before you arrive. May your mission for our GLORIOUS SOCIETY be met with good fortune."

Any change of preparations while on board the ship?

Liberty's Edge

CG Half-Elf Summoner 12

Where exactly are we, that it will only be a couple of days to Ilizmagorti? Somewhere in Rahadoum?

Shadow Lodge

Table Maps | Passing the Torch |

Correct! Azir, Capital of Rahadoum.

Liberty's Edge

Human Druid (Menhir Savant) 13| HP 140/140 | AC 21 T 15 FF 18 | CMB +12 CMD 27 |F +16 R +14 W +20|INIT + 10|PER +28/+31 Bright Light SM+7|Immune to Poison|Improved Evasion (when flying)
Daily Resources:
Shape 5/5,Place Magic 10/10,Hawkeye 10/10,Walk 7/7,Empty Body 13/13,Rune 1/1, Jacket 5/5, 4-Leaf 3/3, Pearls 1st 3/3, Rods Intensify 6/6,Extend 3/3|Spells 1st 7/7 2nd 7/7 3rd 7/7 4th 6/6 5th 5/5 6th 4/4 7th 3/3

Rokgurn will prepare magically for the adventure ahead.

Spellstaff spell will be prepared with Heal spell added to the staff. Each night before going to sleep Rokgurn will cast on himself Life Bubble (Duration 28 hours), Longstrider, Greater (Extended to 28 hours) and Deadeye Lore (extended to 28 hours). I have also modified his prepared spell list. Typically during the day he will be flying around as a medium air elemental.

The day that they reach the island he will cast shorter term buffs before leaving the ship.

The Exchange

Gnome Grenadier 11/Master Chymist 2 | AC: 24+11 (15+2 T, 21+10 FF) | HP: 122 /122 | BAB: +10/+5 | F:+18+2, R:+17+3, W:+14+2, +2 v Fear & Despair | Init:+6 | CMB +7, CMD 22
Resources:
Flight 11/ 11 | Boots: 10/10 | Bombs: 20/ 26 | Extracts: |
Buffs:
Cognatogen, Freedom of Mvmt, Barkskin, Absorb Toxicity, See Invisibility, Stoneskin CL15, Heroism CL5, Shield, Ill of Calm, Red Person 12min, EH avail, Re-roll avail
Conditions:

Most of Crazy's buffs are more 10 min/level variety. When we know we're close, he'll be doing prep.
He does use his "Fixer" boon to acquire 15 alchemist fire, 15 acid flask, 3 antitoxin & 3 antiplague to use on this adventure. Just before our arrival, he'll use his Hybridization funnel to mix up a few useful things:
5 Acid/Alch Fire combo flasks
1 Acid/Holy Water combo Flask
1 Alch Fire/Holy Water combo flask.
(they're only good for 24 hours, then poof)

During the long travels together, you get to know Crazy Hairy's "better half," the female halfling with butterfly wings named Bombshell. While she isn't quite so abrasive and self-serving as the bat-winged gnome, Crazy Hairy, she also seems rather nonplussed about...everything. At least Crazy's self-interest makes him somewhat predictable.

Other than the shift in Alignment from CN to True Neutral, the mechanics of Crazy Hairy's mutagenic form is pure fluff. He's still considered Humanoid (Gnome) regardless of form, etc

Liberty's Edge

Medium Male CG Dwarf Barbarian (chained) 12/Fighter 1 | HP 142/142 (raging 194/194) | AC 27 (29) T 15 (13) FF 24 (26) | CMB +19 (22), CMD 32 (33) +3 vs Sunder, +4 vs Bull Rush & Trip| F +20 (24), R +12, W +9 (12) | Init +6 | Perc +16 (+2 stonework) & darkvision SM +0 | Speed 30' | Active Conditions: | Constant: Combat Reflexes, DR 2/-, Imp. Uncanny Dodge

Yuri squints suspiciously at Lord Elish's arcane arrangements but reluctantly allows himself to be transported with the group. He's happy when they arrive on the ground though, and doubly so when he realizes where they are. "Ah, good to be back in me native Garund. Sure would love to nip over t' Osirion and check on grandmum, but I s'pose it'll have t' wait till we're done with this mission thingy."

Yuri's only long-term buffs, assuming that Kasimir is still fine casting them each day, are Greater Magic Weapon (x2) on his Dorn-Dergar and his Dwarven Boulder Helmet, and Magic Vestment on his armor.

Shadow Lodge

Table Maps | Passing the Torch |

Boarding the Eel Prince, you find the crew are pointedly uninterested in you, not to the point of rudeness but clearly out of long practice in ferrying passengers discreetly. The sailing is smooth and uneventful, with little to distract from the boredom. By the time the Scum Tide City comes into view it's almost a welcome end.

Sliding past Mayor's Island, the ship steers well around the Three Sisters, a trio of tiny islands in the center of the lagoon that Ilizmagorti crouches upon. Mooring at the docks is a simple affair, but the captain takes a moment to quietly suggest you be ready to face customs, gesturing to the red garbed official waiting with ledger as the gangplank is run out.

The Exchange

Gnome Grenadier 11/Master Chymist 2 | AC: 24+11 (15+2 T, 21+10 FF) | HP: 122 /122 | BAB: +10/+5 | F:+18+2, R:+17+3, W:+14+2, +2 v Fear & Despair | Init:+6 | CMB +7, CMD 22
Resources:
Flight 11/ 11 | Boots: 10/10 | Bombs: 20/ 26 | Extracts: |
Buffs:
Cognatogen, Freedom of Mvmt, Barkskin, Absorb Toxicity, See Invisibility, Stoneskin CL15, Heroism CL5, Shield, Ill of Calm, Red Person 12min, EH avail, Re-roll avail
Conditions:

As the boat gets within sight of the dock, Crazy pops an extract, then gargles a potion and spits it back into its flask, tucking the potion back into his bandolier. Then his drops a bead into his extract flask and shakes it around until the flask is full once again.

Alchemical Allocation of Heroism potion, Boro Bead to restore extract. Heroism up for 50 minutes give or take a few minutes for docking.

Liberty's Edge

Human Druid (Menhir Savant) 13| HP 140/140 | AC 21 T 15 FF 18 | CMB +12 CMD 27 |F +16 R +14 W +20|INIT + 10|PER +28/+31 Bright Light SM+7|Immune to Poison|Improved Evasion (when flying)
Daily Resources:
Shape 5/5,Place Magic 10/10,Hawkeye 10/10,Walk 7/7,Empty Body 13/13,Rune 1/1, Jacket 5/5, 4-Leaf 3/3, Pearls 1st 3/3, Rods Intensify 6/6,Extend 3/3|Spells 1st 7/7 2nd 7/7 3rd 7/7 4th 6/6 5th 5/5 6th 4/4 7th 3/3

Rokgurn follows Crazy Hairy's lead at the sight of landfall. He retrieves his ring of Eloquence from Whisper and places it on one of his fingers. He asks for Hamish's assistance with his wand of mage armor. Rokgurn then casts a couple of spells on himself.

Rokgurn transforms himself into a near copy of his familiar. A manly sounding voice emerges from one of the hawks.

"I am a little peckish. I am going to hunt for some fish and I will catch up with you."

The pair of hawks depart from the far side of the ship keeping close to the water. Rokgurn and Whisper attempt to briefly hunt for fish and they will then find a quiet rooftop to observe the party and eat their meal.

Spells cast Mage Armor (1hr), Barkskin(Extended)(4hr20M),Heightened Awareness(2H10M). Wild Shape (Hawk). Survival check to hunt (take 10 is 29).

I am assuming that Ioun Stones merge and provide benefits when wild shaping. If not they will simply be captured and stored and provide no benefits in this case.

Silver Crusade

Male Half Elf -Paladin 13 AC29/T13 /F28/CMD28| Hp 121/121 | Fort:+21;Ref:+16;Will+18 |Percept.+10 | Init.+3. { } ( div bond 0/3 used, smite for 0/6 used. Hands 6d6 0/15 used) { }

Omrax has cast undetectable alignment each morning and the GMW on his long sword and covers in cloak as he practices his sailor profession on the ship.

Liberty's Edge

Medium Male CG Dwarf Barbarian (chained) 12/Fighter 1 | HP 142/142 (raging 194/194) | AC 27 (29) T 15 (13) FF 24 (26) | CMB +19 (22), CMD 32 (33) +3 vs Sunder, +4 vs Bull Rush & Trip| F +20 (24), R +12, W +9 (12) | Init +6 | Perc +16 (+2 stonework) & darkvision SM +0 | Speed 30' | Active Conditions: | Constant: Combat Reflexes, DR 2/-, Imp. Uncanny Dodge

Yuri strides down the gangplank and willingly presents himself to the customs official. "Mind the beards! They don't just grow themselves!"

Shadow Lodge

Table Maps | Passing the Torch |

The man looks at Yuri with professional detachment. "Yes, of course. May I have your name and reason for visiting? Party of one or more?" He rests his hand on the latest ledger entry, quill raised off the page as he waits.

The Exchange

Gnome Grenadier 11/Master Chymist 2 | AC: 24+11 (15+2 T, 21+10 FF) | HP: 122 /122 | BAB: +10/+5 | F:+18+2, R:+17+3, W:+14+2, +2 v Fear & Despair | Init:+6 | CMB +7, CMD 22
Resources:
Flight 11/ 11 | Boots: 10/10 | Bombs: 20/ 26 | Extracts: |
Buffs:
Cognatogen, Freedom of Mvmt, Barkskin, Absorb Toxicity, See Invisibility, Stoneskin CL15, Heroism CL5, Shield, Ill of Calm, Red Person 12min, EH avail, Re-roll avail
Conditions:

The puny gnome with batwings strides down the gangplank like he owns the town. "I'm Crazy, this is Hairy," he says, pointing to his tumor. "I'm here for business and pleasure. Could you point me to the second best alchemist in town?" He smiles at the official, adding helpfully. "Cuz, y'know, now that I'm here, I'm the best..."
He hands the man some Alchemist Kindness. "For the next time you're out on the town. With my compliments. And if you need anything more potent, alchemically speaking, let me know what you're looking for. You name it, I either have it or can make it for ya."

diplomacy: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (13) + 24 = 37

Shadow Lodge

Table Maps | Passing the Torch |

"Right. Tourism." The flat affect of his tone suggests disapproval, but he does scratch down the names given.

Liberty's Edge

Medium Male CG Dwarf Barbarian (chained) 12/Fighter 1 | HP 142/142 (raging 194/194) | AC 27 (29) T 15 (13) FF 24 (26) | CMB +19 (22), CMD 32 (33) +3 vs Sunder, +4 vs Bull Rush & Trip| F +20 (24), R +12, W +9 (12) | Init +6 | Perc +16 (+2 stonework) & darkvision SM +0 | Speed 30' | Active Conditions: | Constant: Combat Reflexes, DR 2/-, Imp. Uncanny Dodge

Yuri gestures to his companions. "Travelin' with me friends here. We're tourists. Bachelor party, actually, though I still have to find me a bride. Looked everywhere else in Golarion but ain't found 'er yet. Figgered we might as well start with the bachelor party, 'n maybe she'll show up."

1 to 50 of 1,503 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Passing the Torch All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.