[PFS2_Luke_Parry] 01-11: Flames of Rebellion

Game Master Luke_Parry

Maps and Handouts


401 to 450 of 1,881 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Envoy's Alliance

Female NG Human Rogue 4 | HP: 38/40 | AC: 22 (+1 vs Traps)| Fort +6, Ref +12, Will +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Perception +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Speed 30 ft. | Hero Points 1/1

Outside the college, Mara listens to Dranald's report while consulting her notes. "Iomedae...probably not one of our missing pathfinders then. None of them worship Iomedae. Most likely a student or professor at the college, given the research notes."

Inside the office, after finding the wayfinder, Mara sighs. "B.H must be Bryrigar Hassen. That's three dead pathfinders identified now. I was hoping we'd find some alive..." As if in response to her statement, upon entering the next room she hears the sound of sobbing.

"Hello? Whoever you are, I promise we're here to help. We're going to get you out of here."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

Sovereign Court

A forlorn-looking, malnourished half-orc, dressed in padded armor, and leaning on a staff, shakily stands up.

"P-Pathfinders? Thank the Gods! I thought for sure that I would end up dead, like the others... Some of them tried to fight, but I got separated from them, so I hid. I don't even know what happened to Desert Wind!", he says, and starts sobbing again.

Envoy's Alliance

Female NG Human Rogue 4 | HP: 38/40 | AC: 22 (+1 vs Traps)| Fort +6, Ref +12, Will +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Perception +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Speed 30 ft. | Hero Points 1/1

Startled, Mara stares at him. "Larraz? You're alive? I thought for sure...we found Desert Wind in the town. He's safe, our druid befriended him and we left him right outside the college. When we found him I thought you must have perished somewhere. I'm glad to have been proven wrong."

She digs through her pack for a second. "Here, have my waterskin and some rations. You look like you could use them."

Sovereign Court

Larraz's face lights up.

"Desert Wind is okay? Thank Gozreh!"

He then smiles weakly at the mention of food.

"That would be nice. I have done the best that I can, but it hasn't exactly been a particularly fulfilling diet; I have had to stretch what I could find out pretty thinly - the undead patrols make it dangerous to be out in the open, much..."


CN Goblin Rogue (5) | Max HP: 61 | AC: 23 (+1 vs Traps, Resist 1 cold/electricity) | Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +11 (+2 if Ingested; +1 vs Traps) | Perception +11 (+1 vs Traps; Darkvision) | See profile for skills | Speed 25 ft. (Goblin Scuttle)

"That's okay. We make it dangerous for undead patrols to be out in the open!"

Sovereign Court

"Sounds good. Well, when you are ready to leave, please take me with you! For the moment, though, I might go and join Desert Wind..."

He looks thoughtful for a moment.

"Oh! In the room next door, the floor has partially collapsed; I saw the glint of something valuable in the depths of the sink-hole, but I wasn't game to climb down and see what it was. You would probably be interested, though, right?"


CN Goblin Rogue (5) | Max HP: 61 | AC: 23 (+1 vs Traps, Resist 1 cold/electricity) | Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +11 (+2 if Ingested; +1 vs Traps) | Perception +11 (+1 vs Traps; Darkvision) | See profile for skills | Speed 25 ft. (Goblin Scuttle)

Thorax has already begun pulling out the remnants of his climbing kit and heading in the direction the Half-orc indicated...

Sovereign Court

B6:

This spacious classroom still contains some relatively intact seating and a dusty old rug. To the west, the floor is sodden, and part of it has collapsed, revealing a hole filled with shattered bookshelves, broken chairs, and other decor. Doors exit to the north.

Thorax: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27.

Thorax notices that the floor-boards near the hole are rotten, and will likely collapse if stepped on. They could, however, be reinforced.

With a (Trained) Crafting check. Alternately, you could just fall in, and start searching ;-)


CN Goblin Rogue (5) | Max HP: 61 | AC: 23 (+1 vs Traps, Resist 1 cold/electricity) | Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +11 (+2 if Ingested; +1 vs Traps) | Perception +11 (+1 vs Traps; Darkvision) | See profile for skills | Speed 25 ft. (Goblin Scuttle)

In typical Goblin fashion, Thorax starts destroying the intact items to repair the broken ones.

Crafting: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Thorax produces a rickety construction from chair, desk, and bookshelf parts which (somehow) barely holds together, forming some scaffolding over the rotten planks.

You hit the DC, exactly!


CN Goblin Rogue (5) | Max HP: 61 | AC: 23 (+1 vs Traps, Resist 1 cold/electricity) | Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +11 (+2 if Ingested; +1 vs Traps) | Perception +11 (+1 vs Traps; Darkvision) | See profile for skills | Speed 25 ft. (Goblin Scuttle)

Thorax starts grabbing pretty much anything loose and tossing it up out of the hole for others to inspect.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

Sovereign Court

Amongst the detritus from the floor above, Thorax finds an ornate, ceremonial longsword with a golden, wire-wrapped hilt and a pommel set with large rubies.

Dran'Thor: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16.
Dranald: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13.
Mara: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20.

Dran'Thor and Mara both recognise that it is an important ceremonial item in services held by the church of Iomedae.

However, it *can* be used as an exceptionally gaudy longsword in melee ;-)

That is it for this level; which staircase do you wish to go up? The spiral, or one of the side ones?


CN Goblin Rogue (5) | Max HP: 61 | AC: 23 (+1 vs Traps, Resist 1 cold/electricity) | Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +11 (+2 if Ingested; +1 vs Traps) | Perception +11 (+1 vs Traps; Darkvision) | See profile for skills | Speed 25 ft. (Goblin Scuttle)

...can anyone here *use* a Longsword? Thorax would be at +0.

1-Left, 2-Spiral, 3-Right: 1d3 ⇒ 1

Sovereign Court

Heading upstairs... you come to Slide 6.

A long corridor, lit by dim light coming in from grime-covered, and cracked windows, reveals a story tale of disrepair...

Let me know which room you would like to go to first :-)


CN Goblin Rogue (5) | Max HP: 61 | AC: 23 (+1 vs Traps, Resist 1 cold/electricity) | Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +11 (+2 if Ingested; +1 vs Traps) | Perception +11 (+1 vs Traps; Darkvision) | See profile for skills | Speed 25 ft. (Goblin Scuttle)

Thorax sneaks towards the center of the hallway to get a better look at B8/B9.

Stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

Heading off to an evening session, and then probably bed when I get home. See you guys tomorrow!

Sovereign Court

B8:

This room is lined with bookshelves and sitting mats. Two smaller rooms branch from the main hallway, serving as private study nooks.

Task:
Search for Relics! (Perception)

B9:

The double door to this suite has been knocked off its hinges and shattered, leaving the exit open to the hallway outside. A broken four-post bed stands against the eastern wall. A circular table and an accompanying chair occupy a nook in the southwest. A large statue depicting a marble chariot wheel sporting flames of gold occupies the northeast corner.

The giant statue *does* count as a Relic (two in fact!)... but it is 16 Bulk. Just as well you fixed the cart ;-)

Thorax: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24.

Thorax notices that the roof in B9 is rather unstable, and likely to collapse at the slightest disturbance. A (Trained) Crafting check can be made to try and buttress the ceiling.

B10a-d:
These smaller rooms were once dorms for the students who studied here. It is difficult to tell whether then messes in each room are from before, or after, the undead invasion.

Task:
Search for Loot (Perception) - one check per room.

Envoy's Alliance

Human (Taldan) Cleric 2 / HP 24/24, Perc +8, AC 18 (DR 1 piercing), Fort +4 Ref +5 Will +10 / Spells 3/3, heal 3/3, Focus 1/1 / Active conditions: none

The cleric is delighted to look at the beautiful longsword.

Iomedae is my Godess. She must have sent this longsword to help us. I know how to use longswords as I showed you before on the undead.

Then he searches for relics in library room of the house.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Verdant Wheel

Male Dwarf Druid 4 (Storm Druid) / HP 54/54 (DR 1 bludgeoning), Perc +12, AC 20 (+2 with shield), Fort +10 Ref +7 Will +12 / Spells 1st 3/3, 2d 3/3 / Focus points 2/2, / Active conditions: Darkvision, Rock Dwarf, Resist cold and electricity 1

The dwarf pulls out his craft tools another time to try to reinforce the ceiling.

Craft: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

Hopefully that will be more stabile like this.

Sovereign Court

Dran'Thor feels that the roof has *not* been sufficiently buttressed; it is a difficult task, but one that is still within his ability to conquer.

i.e. you didn't hit the required DC, but also did not crit-fail.


CN Goblin Rogue (5) | Max HP: 61 | AC: 23 (+1 vs Traps, Resist 1 cold/electricity) | Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +11 (+2 if Ingested; +1 vs Traps) | Perception +11 (+1 vs Traps; Darkvision) | See profile for skills | Speed 25 ft. (Goblin Scuttle)

"You too short. But I has idea! Stand still."

Thorax climbs up the dwarf's back and balances on his solid shoulders to get a better reach at the ceiling.

Crafting: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Sovereign Court

Building upon the foundation (quite literally!) provided by Dran'Thor, Thorax easily reinforces the ceiling.

It is now safe to retrieve the statue, although as previously mentioned, it is remarkably heavy.

As a reminder, there are still rooms to search ;-)

Envoy's Alliance

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female NG Human Rogue 4 | HP: 38/40 | AC: 22 (+1 vs Traps)| Fort +6, Ref +12, Will +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Perception +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Speed 30 ft. | Hero Points 1/1

Mara joins Dranald in the library while Thorax and Dran’Thor reinforce the roof in the other room.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

Sovereign Court

Whilst Thorax and Dran'Thor tackle the interior decorating, Mara and Dranald sort through the study area, eventually turning up an antique illuminated copy of The Acts of Iomedae, which Dranald easily recognises as the primary religious text of his faith.

It also, oddly enough, counts as another relic ;-)

All that remains now is the search of rooms B10a-d. As they are slightly smaller, they each take 5 minutes to search, rather than 10.


CN Goblin Rogue (5) | Max HP: 61 | AC: 23 (+1 vs Traps, Resist 1 cold/electricity) | Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +11 (+2 if Ingested; +1 vs Traps) | Perception +11 (+1 vs Traps; Darkvision) | See profile for skills | Speed 25 ft. (Goblin Scuttle)

"I take this one!"

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

Verdant Wheel

Male Dwarf Druid 4 (Storm Druid) / HP 54/54 (DR 1 bludgeoning), Perc +12, AC 20 (+2 with shield), Fort +10 Ref +7 Will +12 / Spells 1st 3/3, 2d 3/3 / Focus points 2/2, / Active conditions: Darkvision, Rock Dwarf, Resist cold and electricity 1

Dran'Thor begins in the first room.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

Envoy's Alliance

Human (Taldan) Cleric 2 / HP 24/24, Perc +8, AC 18 (DR 1 piercing), Fort +4 Ref +5 Will +10 / Spells 3/3, heal 3/3, Focus 1/1 / Active conditions: none

Dranald undertakes the search in another room.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

Envoy's Alliance

Female NG Human Rogue 4 | HP: 38/40 | AC: 22 (+1 vs Traps)| Fort +6, Ref +12, Will +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Perception +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Speed 30 ft. | Hero Points 1/1

Seeing that the other rooms are covered, Mara goes to the last one.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

Sovereign Court

Dranald finds a dirty vial of holy water, whilst Dran'Thor discovers a draw containing some dusty jewellery (worth 8sp).

Upon heading back downstairs, the party finds that they have some... unexpected... visitors.

Standing in the middle of the main hall is a tall man, clad in dark robes, with a glowing amulet in the shape of a blowfly around his neck.
His face twists into a sneer as he regards the party.

"Ah! It seems that I have made it just in time to stop these insolent whelps. Rejoice! You will soon join my undead army..."

So saying, a sword-wielding, armour-wearing skeleton, its eyes glowing with malign intelligence, moves to guard the Necromancer, whilst two walking corpses shamble forward, moaning...

Slide 5.

ZS: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (2) + 0 = 2.
SC: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27.
Ralthiss: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19.
Thorax: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14.
Mara: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18.
Dran'Thor: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18.
Dranald: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17.

The skeleton moves forward, raises its shield, and takes a swing at Thorax...

Longsword: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11, for 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 damage.

...but, clearly aiming for a human-sized target, it misses the agile Goblin.

Ralthiss curses, raises his holy symbol high, and intones:

"By the Power of Urgathoa, I command you all to DIE!"

Harm (three action): 1d8 ⇒ 8 damage. DC 20 Will for half.

The Pallid Feast, Round 1:
SC
Ralthiss
Dran'Thor (8 damage, DC 20 Will for half)
Mara (8 damage, DC 20 Will for half)
Dranald (8 damage, DC 20 Will for half)
Thorax (8 damage, DC 20 Will for half)

ZS

Party is up!

Envoy's Alliance

Female NG Human Rogue 4 | HP: 38/40 | AC: 22 (+1 vs Traps)| Fort +6, Ref +12, Will +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Perception +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Speed 30 ft. | Hero Points 1/1

Will Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

The skeletal champion is worrying, but Mara is more concerned with the necromancer. That spell had hit hard.

"Not really interested in dying today," she gets out through gritted teeth. She draws her shortsword and steps forward, hoping to prevent him from casting another spell.

Shortsword Strike: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
S. Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Interact to draw a weapon, Stride to the necromancer, Strike at him with the shortsword.

Sovereign Court

The Skeletal Champion takes an AoO on Mara as she strides past...

Longsword: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19, for 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 damage.

...grievously wounding her.

Distracted by the pain, her subsequent swing is turned aside by his armour.

"Fool!", he sneers. "You have but hastened your own death..."

The Pallid Feast, Round 1:
SC
Ralthiss
Dran'Thor (8 damage, DC 20 Will for half)
Mara (15 damage)
Dranald (8 damage, DC 20 Will for half)
Thorax (8 damage, DC 20 Will for half)

ZS

Dran'Thor, Dranald, and Thorax are up!

Envoy's Alliance

Female NG Human Rogue 4 | HP: 38/40 | AC: 22 (+1 vs Traps)| Fort +6, Ref +12, Will +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Perception +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Speed 30 ft. | Hero Points 1/1

I moved north then northeast, unless the skeleton has reach it shouldn’t have gotten an AOO. Are the rules different?

Sovereign Court

Well, doing that has you moving through the 'hard corner' of the staircase...? The only way to get to Ralthiss was through the threatened area of the skeleton - which was a deliberate choice of positioning, on my part; it is meant to be his bodyguard, after all...

Envoy's Alliance

Female NG Human Rogue 4 | HP: 38/40 | AC: 22 (+1 vs Traps)| Fort +6, Ref +12, Will +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Perception +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Speed 30 ft. | Hero Points 1/1

Ah, i didn’t realize the stairs were a hard corner. Thanks for explaining.

Sovereign Court

No worries! We have two PCs in the party who both have Heal prepared at least once, so I don't think Ralthiss is going to win the 'Heal/Harm' tug of war ;-)

Envoy's Alliance

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human (Taldan) Cleric 2 / HP 24/24, Perc +8, AC 18 (DR 1 piercing), Fort +4 Ref +5 Will +10 / Spells 3/3, heal 3/3, Focus 1/1 / Active conditions: none

Will save: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

Dranald raises his own holy symbol high and says:

By the power of Iomedae, I command you all to LIVE.

Heal, 3 actions, Healing hands: 1d10 ⇒ 7

Heal the living ones and harm the undead (DC 17 for half)

Verdant Wheel

Male Dwarf Druid 4 (Storm Druid) / HP 54/54 (DR 1 bludgeoning), Perc +12, AC 20 (+2 with shield), Fort +10 Ref +7 Will +12 / Spells 1st 3/3, 2d 3/3 / Focus points 2/2, / Active conditions: Darkvision, Rock Dwarf, Resist cold and electricity 1

Will save: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

The druid casts an electric arc on both the false cleric and the skeleton.

Electric arc: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 Basic reflex DC 17

Then he raises his shield.


CN Goblin Rogue (5) | Max HP: 61 | AC: 23 (+1 vs Traps, Resist 1 cold/electricity) | Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +11 (+2 if Ingested; +1 vs Traps) | Perception +11 (+1 vs Traps; Darkvision) | See profile for skills | Speed 25 ft. (Goblin Scuttle)

Will Save: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

As the skeleton swings at Mara, Thorax uses the distraction to run around behind it and flank the Necromancer.

(Stride, Stride, Quickdraw/Strike)

+1 Shortsword: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19 vs FF
Slashing, Sneak: 1d6 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 4 + (5) = 13

As his blade hamstrings the Urgathoan, Thorax gleefully sings out loud!

"Silly Longshanks, we not fools!
Thorax Toothlicker tell YOU the rules!
Your army not here, just you and us!
And right now for you looks dangerous..."

Sovereign Court

Will: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4.
Will: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4.
Will: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10.

The undead wither under the holy light of Dranad's goddess, the walking corpses, in particular, sizzling and popping.

Reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12.

Meanwhile, whilst Ralthiss is singed by Dran'Thor's electricity, the skeleton completely ignores it.

The walking corpses mindlessly move forward, one taking a swing at Dranald...

Fist: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11, for 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 damage.

...which bounces off his armour...

Fist: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20, for 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 damage.

...whilst the other delivers a solid uppercut to Mara's jaw, knocking her out.

The skeleton then moves forward, drops its sword, and starts clawing at Dranald...

Claw: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25, for 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 damage.
Claw: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20, for 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 damage.

...dealing two solid blows, which drop the stoic cleric.

Ralthiss then shakes his fist, and curses.

"If it wasn't for you meddling kids ingrates, I would have an entire squad by now! I'll get you, next time!"

So saying, he flees out of the manor.

The Pallid Feast, Round 2:
SC (7)
Ralthiss (18 damage)
Dran'Thor ()
Mara (16, bleeding out)
Dranald (16, bleeding out)
Thorax ()

ZS (12, 12)

Party is up!


CN Goblin Rogue (5) | Max HP: 61 | AC: 23 (+1 vs Traps, Resist 1 cold/electricity) | Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +11 (+2 if Ingested; +1 vs Traps) | Perception +11 (+1 vs Traps; Darkvision) | See profile for skills | Speed 25 ft. (Goblin Scuttle)

Yikes! Ok. Not a lot of options given the current map placement. Wish I could heal the healer, but right now it'll just have to be Mara.

Thorax steps up to the zombie that sucker punched Mara and strikes once...

+1 Shortsword: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
Slashing: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

...and then drops his shortsword to Treat Wounds by combining Assurance with Battle Medicine. His Healer's Tools are kept in his Bandolier.

"Longshanks priest of Gorum taught me how to do this! Very handy!"

Mara is healed for: 2d8 ⇒ (2, 8) = 10

Sovereign Court

Thorax carves into the gut of the closest zombie, causing intestines to spill everywhere. It trips on its own entrails, and falls to the ground, jerking spasmodically.

He then applies some 'Goblin First Aid' to Mara, causing her to wake up.

The Pallid Feast, Round 2:
SC (7)
Ralthiss (18 damage)
Dran'Thor ()
Mara (6)
Dranald (16, bleeding out)

Thorax ()
ZS (12, 22)

Dran'Thor, Mara, and Dranald are up!

Verdant Wheel

Male Dwarf Druid 4 (Storm Druid) / HP 54/54 (DR 1 bludgeoning), Perc +12, AC 20 (+2 with shield), Fort +10 Ref +7 Will +12 / Spells 1st 3/3, 2d 3/3 / Focus points 2/2, / Active conditions: Darkvision, Rock Dwarf, Resist cold and electricity 1

The dwarf had never known such a difficult situation during his for now short Pathfinder's experience. But he would like to continue to experience more. So he tries to cast a heal spell to damage foes and heal his teammates.

Heal, 3 actions: 1d8 ⇒ 1

Ouch... Nevermind DC 17 for the undead.

Envoy's Alliance

Female NG Human Rogue 4 | HP: 38/40 | AC: 22 (+1 vs Traps)| Fort +6, Ref +12, Will +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Perception +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Speed 30 ft. | Hero Points 1/1

Mara groans, opening her eyes slowly. What...what happened? Thorax's face above her is not the most reassuring sight to wake up to, but it does help remind her of what's going on. Right. The necromancer. Who apparently took off while I was out. Coward.

"Thanks Thorax," she mutters as she gets to her feet, shakily drawing her mace. Dranald is down, and Dran'Thor is cornered by two of the things. She has to do something.

She moves back in front of the skeletal champion. "Time for a rematch."

Stand, Draw Weapon, Step.

Envoy's Alliance

Human (Taldan) Cleric 2 / HP 24/24, Perc +8, AC 18 (DR 1 piercing), Fort +4 Ref +5 Will +10 / Spells 3/3, heal 3/3, Focus 1/1 / Active conditions: none

I suppose I've to wait until the result of the heal spell.

Sovereign Court

Dran'Thor channels healing energy, which causes Dranald to wake up, and the flesh of the walking corpse to noticeably blacken and char.

Meanwhile, Mara gets up, and moves closer, weapon in hand...

The remaining walking corpse swings wildly at Dran'Thor...

Fist: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9, for 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 damage.
Fist: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7, for 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 damage.

...but, barely holding together as it is, its strikes go wide.

The skeletal champion, on the other hand, showing a modicum of intelligence, spreads its attacks around...

Claw(Dran'Thor): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23, for 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 damage.
Claw(Dranald): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16, for 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 damage.
Claw(Mara): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21, for 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 damage.

...dropping Dranald again, and injuring Dran'Thor and Mara!

The Pallid Feast, Round 3:
SC (8)
Ralthiss (18 damage)
Dran'Thor (11)
Mara (10)
Dranald (16, Dying)
Thorax ()

ZS (18, 22)

Party is up!

EDIT: Actually, Dranald, unless I am seriously misunderstanding how combat works, I am pretty certain that you get a chance to act before you get KO'ed again, so feel free to channel - I know it won't keep you conscious, but it will help the rest of the party!

Envoy's Alliance

Female NG Human Rogue 4 | HP: 38/40 | AC: 22 (+1 vs Traps)| Fort +6, Ref +12, Will +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Perception +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Speed 30 ft. | Hero Points 1/1

Mara snarls at the skeleton. "I am getting real tired of your s~#%." Taking advantage of its distraction as it stares at Dran'Thor, she smashes her mace against its ribs before stepping aside to let Thorax attack as well.

Light Mace Strike vs Flatfooted: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
B. Damage: 1d4 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 1 + (2) = 6

Light Mace Strike vs Flatfooted: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 7 - 4 = 7
B. Damage: 1d4 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 1 + (2) = 5

Two Strikes then Step sideways.


CN Goblin Rogue (5) | Max HP: 61 | AC: 23 (+1 vs Traps, Resist 1 cold/electricity) | Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +11 (+2 if Ingested; +1 vs Traps) | Perception +11 (+1 vs Traps; Darkvision) | See profile for skills | Speed 25 ft. (Goblin Scuttle)

"Stupid skelly, you're too slow!
Your skull's all empty, it's just a show!
So don't mind me while I bash a hole..."

Thorax strides up to flank the skeleton with Dran'Thor (although I don't think he threatens?) and Quickdraws a light mace...

Light Mace: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
Bludgeoning: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Sneak Attack, if it applies: 1d6 ⇒ 4

"...now try to catch me! Or are you too old??"

Acrobatics, Tumble Away: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12 to move back 10 feet.

Envoy's Alliance

Human (Taldan) Cleric 2 / HP 24/24, Perc +8, AC 18 (DR 1 piercing), Fort +4 Ref +5 Will +10 / Spells 3/3, heal 3/3, Focus 1/1 / Active conditions: none

ok

The cleric casts a heal.

Heal, 3 actions: 1d10 ⇒ 4 DC 17 for undead

Verdant Wheel

Male Dwarf Druid 4 (Storm Druid) / HP 54/54 (DR 1 bludgeoning), Perc +12, AC 20 (+2 with shield), Fort +10 Ref +7 Will +12 / Spells 1st 3/3, 2d 3/3 / Focus points 2/2, / Active conditions: Darkvision, Rock Dwarf, Resist cold and electricity 1

The dwarf draws his battleaxe and sweeps.

Battelaxe 1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Damage 1: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Battelaxe 2: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

Damage 2: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Sovereign Court

Before he is knocked down, Dranald channels the divine energy of Iomedae, which causes the rotting corpse to crumble into ash...

Will: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25.

...and lightly scorches the skeleton.

Dran'Thor does his best to hit the skeleton, but it is just too well armoured.

Mara and Thorax, on the other hand, successfully double-team the skeleton, shattering enough bones that it collapses to the ground.

The Pallid Feast, Round 4:
Dran'Thor (11)
Mara (6)
Dranald (16, Dying)
Thorax ()

Staying in initiative solely to allow someone to save Dranald.


CN Goblin Rogue (5) | Max HP: 61 | AC: 23 (+1 vs Traps, Resist 1 cold/electricity) | Fort +10, Ref +13, Will +11 (+2 if Ingested; +1 vs Traps) | Perception +11 (+1 vs Traps; Darkvision) | See profile for skills | Speed 25 ft. (Goblin Scuttle)

Thorax runs forward, rips the bloodied bandages off Mara, and wraps them around Dranald.

Assurance, Battle Medicine, you're healed for: 2d8 ⇒ (5, 4) = 9

401 to 450 of 1,881 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS2_Luke_Parry] 01-01 The Absalom Initiation All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.