GM Zer0darkfire's 0-03 Murder on The Silken Caravan (Inactive)

Game Master zer0darkfire


201 to 250 of 356 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
The Exchange

active effects:
Male Kitsune Barbarian (urban, elemental kin) 1 / Cleric ('varisian' pilgrim) 1 | current AC 17 (18) T 13 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +6 R +3 W +3 | CMD 15 |Init +3 | Perc +5 | Rage 6/6 | Channel 4/4 | Grow 4/4 | Calm 4/4

sylvan:
"There is more to this than meets the eye. These monsters cannot be trusted, and they are here for a reason. I will not cut them down in cold blood, but..."[b]

[B]"Tell us, harpies: why are you here, in this monument to a foreign god, to an enlightened soul? What do you know of this place? We have shown you clemency: be mindful of that when you answer."

diplomacy?: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || ||The Prince of Augustana || Mosquito Witch ||

"We know nothing of this place other than it shelters us and our belongings. It is only recently our home." the harpy replies to Ikari.

The Exchange

active effects:
Male Kitsune Barbarian (urban, elemental kin) 1 / Cleric ('varisian' pilgrim) 1 | current AC 17 (18) T 13 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +6 R +3 W +3 | CMD 15 |Init +3 | Perc +5 | Rage 6/6 | Channel 4/4 | Grow 4/4 | Calm 4/4

"Allow us to look around then, and you will come to no harm. We won't tarry long."

Sovereign Court

N Male Kitsune Mesmerist (Vexing Daredevil) 1/Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) 1 | HP: 18/18 | AC: 17 T: 14 FF: 13 | CMB: 0, CMD: 14 | F: 1 R: 8 W: 2 | Init: 9 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None
Resources:
| Tricks: 5/5 | Mesmerist Spells: (1st): 2/2 | Panache: 3/4

Juzo sighs and stops casting his spell.

"This journey continues to surprise. I believe our caravan is only getting further away while you proceed on your religious discovery." he laughs.

Grand Lodge

Female N Kitsune Cleric of Daikitsu 1/Primal Hunter 1 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | 17/17 hp | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +5| Init +2 | Percep +7 | CMD 14

Hiiragi shrugs. "Our cargo's health is not getting any worse than it already is," she points out.

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || ||The Prince of Augustana || Mosquito Witch ||

The harpies watch you investigate the cave, but generally allow you to do so.

Hidden among the detritus of the harpies’ cave are a scattering of 245 sp and a small teakwood chest worth 20 gp. Within are 40 gp, a map of the nearby Silken Way where it passes through the Zho Mountains (with Gaspar’s personal seal on it), and a bejeweled masterwork kukri worth 400 gp recognizable as part of Gaspar and Mahmoud’s weapon shipment.

Now the big question, will you try to take any of these items or simply look at them?

Liberty's Edge

”Toshiko” | Female CG Kitsune Swashbuckler (Flying Blade) 2 | HP 20/22 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 | CMD 16 | F +3 R +8 W +0 (+3 vs. charms, compulsions) | Init +4 | Perc +4 | Speed 30ft | Panache 3/3 | Active Conditions: None

Toshiko leans against her camel wondering what has happened to the group.

The Exchange

active effects:
Male Kitsune Barbarian (urban, elemental kin) 1 / Cleric ('varisian' pilgrim) 1 | current AC 17 (18) T 13 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +6 R +3 W +3 | CMD 15 |Init +3 | Perc +5 | Rage 6/6 | Channel 4/4 | Grow 4/4 | Calm 4/4

sylvan:
”Now we know how they got their injuries. Thieves. Mahmoud’s murderers too. I say we attack them - take them by surprise. We can bring the evidence back to the caravan.”

Liberty's Edge

LG Male Kitsune Paladin 2 | Mods: NA | HP: 22/22| AC/Tch/FF 18/12/16 | CMD 16 | F/R/W +8/+5/+7 | Speed 30ft (20ft in armor) | Smite Evil: 1/1, +1 Star Folio Re-Roll: 1/1 | LoH: 4/4, Dancing Lights: 3/3| Perc: +1 (LL), SM: +5 | Init: +2

Kenta looks over the items and makes his mind up quickly, "Si, sono d'accordo. Sembra che abbiano attaccato i nostri alleati. Ma credo che dovremmo prenderli vivi. Ha anche più senso, soprattutto se desideriamo garantire che la colpa non ci venga addebitata per la sua morte. Li sfiderò a lasciare cadere le armi e a venire con noi legati, tutti voi preparate a colpire se resistono."

Sylvan:
"Yes, I agree. It appears they attacked our allies. But I believe we should take them alive. It makes more sense too, especially if we wish to guarantee blame is not laid upon us for our traveling companion's death. I will challenge them to drop their weapons and come with us bound, all of you prepare to strike if they resist."

After any Readied Actions are declared:
Kenta waits until his allies make ready, then pulls rope from his pack and turns to the Harpies. "It is clear you attacked our friends and killed one of them. Drop your weapons and come with us peacefully and I will speak on your behalf at your trial."

Dark Archive

Kitsune Sorcerer 3| HP: 17/17 | AC: 13 T: 13 FF: 10 CMD: 11 | F+2 R+4 W+4 +2 vs mind/poison | Init +3 | Perception +1, Low-Light Vision
Tracked Resources:
Spells: 1st 4/6; Vanishing 7/7; Magic Missile: 39/50; Infernal Healing 50/50

Itami silently waits for the battle to unfold. Hopefully this supports our case for innocence.

Grand Lodge

Female N Kitsune Cleric of Daikitsu 1/Primal Hunter 1 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | 17/17 hp | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +5| Init +2 | Percep +7 | CMD 14

Hiiragi heaves a sigh. This all seems more bother than it's worth.

Worse, she's not really certain how to subtly switch to her bow. She wanders behind a pillar or a rock or something to do so, hoping that the harpies aren't paying enough attention to notice the weapon switch.

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || ||The Prince of Augustana || Mosquito Witch ||

initiatives:

Hiiragi: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Ikari: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Itami: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Juzo: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
Kenta: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Sinnoch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Toshiko: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
enemies: 2d20 + 2 ⇒ (6, 17) + 2 = 25

You decide to not take any chances here and begin a fight, but the harpies always suspected this outcome and are not too surprised by this occurrence.

Initiative Order, Bold May Go!
Map Slide
Juzo
Harpy 1
Kenta
Itami
Sinnoch
Harpy 2
Ikari
Toshiko
Hiiragi

Sovereign Court

N Male Kitsune Mesmerist (Vexing Daredevil) 1/Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) 1 | HP: 18/18 | AC: 17 T: 14 FF: 13 | CMB: 0, CMD: 14 | F: 1 R: 8 W: 2 | Init: 9 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None
Resources:
| Tricks: 5/5 | Mesmerist Spells: (1st): 2/2 | Panache: 3/4

Begin casting sleep, again. Lol.

"You are all just playing with my emotions at this point." Juzo remarks with a chuckle.

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || ||The Prince of Augustana || Mosquito Witch ||

The red harpy flies towards Hiiragi and swings its morningstar at her.
morningstar: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

But the morningstar bounces off of Hiiragi's armor.

Initiative Order, Bold May Go!
Map Slide
Juzo, casting sleep
Harpy 1
Kenta
Itami
Sinnoch

Harpy 2
Ikari
Toshiko
Hiiragi

Liberty's Edge

LG Male Kitsune Paladin 2 | Mods: NA | HP: 22/22| AC/Tch/FF 18/12/16 | CMD 16 | F/R/W +8/+5/+7 | Speed 30ft (20ft in armor) | Smite Evil: 1/1, +1 Star Folio Re-Roll: 1/1 | LoH: 4/4, Dancing Lights: 3/3| Perc: +1 (LL), SM: +5 | Init: +2

Kenta quickly drops his rope and jumps into action. Moving forward he pulls his sap and takes the long route to start working around behind the back Harpy. "You should have surrendered. My friends aren't as careful as I, stand down now and I might be able to convince them to allow you the chance to have a trial."

Drop rope as a free, Move up while drawing Sap, Power Attack blue.

Sap - Power Attack vs. FF: 1d20 + 3 - 1 ⇒ (10) + 3 - 1 = 12 for NL Bludgeoning + PA: 1d6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 2 = 6

Grand Lodge

Female N Kitsune Cleric of Daikitsu 1/Primal Hunter 1 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | 17/17 hp | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +5| Init +2 | Percep +7 | CMD 14

"Toshiko and Itami, if you don't mind giving me a little room, I'm feeling a bit... confined," says Hiiragi.

The Exchange

active effects:
Male Kitsune Barbarian (urban, elemental kin) 1 / Cleric ('varisian' pilgrim) 1 | current AC 17 (18) T 13 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +6 R +3 W +3 | CMD 15 |Init +3 | Perc +5 | Rage 6/6 | Channel 4/4 | Grow 4/4 | Calm 4/4

Ikari's spear is between Hiiragi and the advancing harpy...

AoO vs red harpy: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 2 = 13damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

combat reflexes

Hiiragi you could 5' step northeast then grow - you could also ready your attack for Ikari to step into a flank, or Ikari will ready his :)

Grand Lodge

Female N Kitsune Cleric of Daikitsu 1/Primal Hunter 1 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | 17/17 hp | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +5| Init +2 | Percep +7 | CMD 14

True enough! We'll go with that plan. ;)

Grand Lodge

Bardic Performance 10/10 rounds Kitsune Bard 2 |13/13 Hp | AC 15, T 13, FF 12 | Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +3 | Perception +4 |

Sionnach will ready an action to countersong if they start singing again.


PFS Tracker Have Feedback? GM Ietsuna's Gm Feedback Form

Umm, not sure how to handle this. I wandered out. At this point should I "conveniently" wander back in looking for what has held you up, or should I wait to have someone come get me?

Dark Archive

Kitsune Sorcerer 3| HP: 17/17 | AC: 13 T: 13 FF: 10 CMD: 11 | F+2 R+4 W+4 +2 vs mind/poison | Init +3 | Perception +1, Low-Light Vision
Tracked Resources:
Spells: 1st 4/6; Vanishing 7/7; Magic Missile: 39/50; Infernal Healing 50/50

Heeding Hiiragi's words, Itami makes his way partially back out the cave and fires a missile at the Harpy engaging Kenta.
________
Magic Missile vs Blue: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
If Toshiko is by the camels, Itami will spend his next turn going to the edge of the cave to shout for them!

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || ||The Prince of Augustana || Mosquito Witch ||

The perception DC to hear combat is 0, so you definitely hear fighting coming from inside the cave.

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || ||The Prince of Augustana || Mosquito Witch ||

I'll say you didn't make it all the way back down the statue, so one move action will place you with the group.

Kenta tries to wack one of the harpies upside the head, and his attack only hits because he caught the harpy by surprise.

Ikari takes a free stab at the harpy as it closes in on Hiiragi, but he misses as well.

Sinnoch readies a countersong for the other harpy.

Itami fires off a magic missile that the harpies have no defense against, allowing to smack right into one.

knowledge nature (harpy):

DC 14
Spoiler:

Captivating Song (Su)
A harpy’s song has the power to infect the minds of those that hear it, calling them to the harpy’s side. When a harpy sings, all creatures aside from other harpies within a 300-foot spread must succeed on a DC 16 Will saving throw or become captivated. A creature that successfully saves is not subject to the same harpy’s song for 24 hours. A victim under the effects of the captivating song moves toward the harpy using the most direct means available. If the path leads them into a dangerous area such as through fire or off a cliff, that creature receives a second saving throw to end the effect before moving into peril. Captivated creatures can take no actions other than to defend themselves. A victim within 5 feet of the harpy simply stands and offers no resistance to the harpy’s attacks. This effect continues for as long as the harpy sings and for 1 round thereafter. This is a sonic mind-affecting charm effect. The save DC is Charisma-based.

Kenta's harpy unleashes a barrage of morningstar attacks and talons.

morningstar, kenta: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
morningstar, kenta: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
talons, kenta: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
talons, kenta: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
damage: 2d8 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (6, 4) + 2 + (2) = 14

Both swings of the morningstar connect, as does one talon. You notice that this harpy did not speak and remains oddly quiet as she fights.

Initiative Order, Bold May Go!
Map Slide
Juzo, casting sleep
Harpy 1
Kenta, -14hp, unconscious and bleeding out at -1
Itami
Sinnoch, countersong readied action
Harpy 2, -10hp
Ikari
Toshiko
Hiiragi

Grand Lodge

Female N Kitsune Cleric of Daikitsu 1/Primal Hunter 1 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | 17/17 hp | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +5| Init +2 | Percep +7 | CMD 14

Hiiragi drops her bow, taking a step to the side of the harpy.

"How quickly that which is not our problem becomes it," she sighs, her body stretching as she pulls her embiggening flail from her back. With a little wind-up, she steps into her swing.

Big Flail Attack+Flank: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Big Flail Crit: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Big Flail Damage: 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (2, 8) + 3 = 13

Harpy there almost had an especially bad day.

The Exchange

active effects:
Male Kitsune Barbarian (urban, elemental kin) 1 / Cleric ('varisian' pilgrim) 1 | current AC 17 (18) T 13 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +6 R +3 W +3 | CMD 15 |Init +3 | Perc +5 | Rage 6/6 | Channel 4/4 | Grow 4/4 | Calm 4/4

Ikari steps forward, drawing his rapier with one hand, holding his spear loosely in the other, it being too long for the cramped quarters of the harpy lair.

rapier vs red harpy, rage to STR, flank: 1d20 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 + 2 + 2 = 19damage: 1d6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 2 = 4

"Thieves! Murderers! You expect mercy when you show none to others?! You take what is not yours - you deserve no mercy."

Liberty's Edge

”Toshiko” | Female CG Kitsune Swashbuckler (Flying Blade) 2 | HP 20/22 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 | CMD 16 | F +3 R +8 W +0 (+3 vs. charms, compulsions) | Init +4 | Perc +4 | Speed 30ft | Panache 3/3 | Active Conditions: None

Hearing combat Toshiko runs back into the cavern, draws a knife and hurls it at Blue.

Dagger, 1 range increment: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 6 - 2 = 5 Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Gnah. Trying to target through all this chaos is not good. What did you all do?

Liberty's Edge

LG Male Kitsune Paladin 2 | Mods: NA | HP: 22/22| AC/Tch/FF 18/12/16 | CMD 16 | F/R/W +8/+5/+7 | Speed 30ft (20ft in armor) | Smite Evil: 1/1, +1 Star Folio Re-Roll: 1/1 | LoH: 4/4, Dancing Lights: 3/3| Perc: +1 (LL), SM: +5 | Init: +2

Kenta collapses in a surprisingly familiar pile of bloody fur. It seems his fate in life is to collect many scars... or die.

Sovereign Court

N Male Kitsune Mesmerist (Vexing Daredevil) 1/Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) 1 | HP: 18/18 | AC: 17 T: 14 FF: 13 | CMB: 0, CMD: 14 | F: 1 R: 8 W: 2 | Init: 9 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None
Resources:
| Tricks: 5/5 | Mesmerist Spells: (1st): 2/2 | Panache: 3/4

Seeing the harpies getting devastated...as well as Kenta he draws his hand crossbow and fires a bolt.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Damage+Painful Stare: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || ||The Prince of Augustana || Mosquito Witch ||

Toshiko throws her dagger straight into a wall.

Ikari lightly pokes the harpy with a rapier somewhat angrily.

Hiiragi nearly knocks the lights out of the harpy with her flail.

Juzo finishes casting sleep, but it has no effect on the harpies, so he draws his crossbow and fires, but doesn't manage to score a hit.

Neither harpy is look too good right now, but they fight to defend their new home to the death!

Having been whacked by Hiiragi, the harpy returns the blow with her own set of attacks.

morningstar: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21 damage, hiiragi: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

As Hiiragi falls to a single blow from the harpy, she turns to attack Ikari.
morningstar: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22 damage, ikari: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
talons: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19 damage, ikari: 1d6 ⇒ 1
talons: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

These harpies mean business! Sorry for these dice rolls!

Initiative Order, Bold May Go!
Map Slide
Juzo,
Harpy , -13
Kenta, -14hp, unconscious and bleeding out at -1
Itami
Sinnoch,

Harpy 2, -10hp
Ikari, -10hp
Toshiko
Hiiragi, -9hp, unconscious and bleeding out at -1

Hiiragi and Kenta both need to roll to stabilize. DC 11 Con check. Kenta needs to roll another check if he fails the first (since he didn't roll last turn).

Grand Lodge

Female N Kitsune Cleric of Daikitsu 1/Primal Hunter 1 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | 17/17 hp | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +5| Init +2 | Percep +7 | CMD 14

Hiiragi takes the blow on the chin, eyes rolling back as she falls with a very heavy thud. Rather suddenly unconscious, her body shrinks, and does its best to keep from hemmorhaging...

DC11 Fort: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Liberty's Edge

LG Male Kitsune Paladin 2 | Mods: NA | HP: 22/22| AC/Tch/FF 18/12/16 | CMD 16 | F/R/W +8/+5/+7 | Speed 30ft (20ft in armor) | Smite Evil: 1/1, +1 Star Folio Re-Roll: 1/1 | LoH: 4/4, Dancing Lights: 3/3| Perc: +1 (LL), SM: +5 | Init: +2

Stabilize Con DC 10 - damage penalty: 1d20 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (18) + 2 - 1 = 19

Seemingly quite practiced at this stage of battle, Kenta's wounds close up as he waits for the finishing blow to send him along to the next world.

Dark Archive

Kitsune Sorcerer 3| HP: 17/17 | AC: 13 T: 13 FF: 10 CMD: 11 | F+2 R+4 W+4 +2 vs mind/poison | Init +3 | Perception +1, Low-Light Vision
Tracked Resources:
Spells: 1st 4/6; Vanishing 7/7; Magic Missile: 39/50; Infernal Healing 50/50

Itami continues to back up until he is at the edge of the cave while firing another missile at the most injured harpy. Well this certainly took a turn.
________
Magic Missile vs Harpy: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
GM, idk which one is at -13, but that's the one Itami is shooting at!

The Exchange

active effects:
Male Kitsune Barbarian (urban, elemental kin) 1 / Cleric ('varisian' pilgrim) 1 | current AC 17 (18) T 13 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +6 R +3 W +3 | CMD 15 |Init +3 | Perc +5 | Rage 6/6 | Channel 4/4 | Grow 4/4 | Calm 4/4

Ouch. Hot or cold dice are life and death and low level! I'd like to see if Itami's magic missile took out a harpy before I decide on actions. I think the harpy at -13 is the one that Hiiragi and Ikari hit.

Grand Lodge

Bardic Performance 10/10 rounds Kitsune Bard 2 |13/13 Hp | AC 15, T 13, FF 12 | Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +3 | Perception +4 |

Ditto. Not certain if I need to attack or start healing.

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || ||The Prince of Augustana || Mosquito Witch ||

Itami's missile hits the harpy again, but its still not enough to knock out the creature.

Sorry guys, just following what the scenario says for this encounter. It's a CR 4 in the book.

Initiative Order, Bold May Go!
Map Slide
Juzo,
Harpy , -16 (red)
Kenta, -14hp, unconscious
Itami
Sinnoch
Harpy 2, -10hp (blue)
Ikari, -10hp
Toshiko
Hiiragi, -10hp, unconscious and bleeding out at -2

Grand Lodge

Bardic Performance 10/10 rounds Kitsune Bard 2 |13/13 Hp | AC 15, T 13, FF 12 | Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +3 | Perception +4 |

"Well, this could have gone better!" Onna slides along the wall to avoid the harpy. When she get to her friend, she infuses her with healing magic.

CLW vs Hiiragi: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Yeah...sorry about that

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || ||The Prince of Augustana || Mosquito Witch ||

The blue harpy, leaving Kenta behind, flies over to help the red harpy by flanking Ikari before trying to club him over the head, knocking him out cold.

No AoO since you're using your raiper.

morningstar, ikari, flank: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 8 + 2 = 18
damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Initiative Order, Bold May Go!
Map Slide
Juzo,
Harpy , -16 (red)
Kenta, -14hp, unconscious
Itami
Sinnoch
Harpy 2, -10hp (blue)
Ikari, -17hp? unconscious and bleeding out at -Xhp? (You've got rage HP, yeah? not sure exactly what you're at now)
Toshiko
Hiiragi,
-10hp, unconscious and bleeding out at -2

Sovereign Court

N Male Kitsune Mesmerist (Vexing Daredevil) 1/Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) 1 | HP: 18/18 | AC: 17 T: 14 FF: 13 | CMB: 0, CMD: 14 | F: 1 R: 8 W: 2 | Init: 9 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None
Resources:
| Tricks: 5/5 | Mesmerist Spells: (1st): 2/2 | Panache: 3/4

Woops, thought one of the harpies was down when I cancelled my Sleep. Oh well.

Juzo stares at the more injured harpy and begins putting pressure on their thoughts.

Hypnotic Stare on Red.

Charm Person on Red. DC 15. -2 and +5 on check to resist for a total of +3.

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || ||The Prince of Augustana || Mosquito Witch ||

Juzo knows that charm person won't function on a harpy as they are not humanoids. Change your action?

Edit: actually, scratch that, I don't think any of you have made a knowledge nature check about that, DC 14.

Sovereign Court

N Male Kitsune Mesmerist (Vexing Daredevil) 1/Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) 1 | HP: 18/18 | AC: 17 T: 14 FF: 13 | CMB: 0, CMD: 14 | F: 1 R: 8 W: 2 | Init: 9 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None
Resources:
| Tricks: 5/5 | Mesmerist Spells: (1st): 2/2 | Panache: 3/4

I don't know if a spell caster would know that sort of thing, it seems that they likely would know the parameters of their own spells but I don't know if it is mentioned anywhere raw. Like I doubt a caster would try to charm person an animal but I didn't know, personally, that monstrous humanoids weren't "humanoids".

The Exchange

active effects:
Male Kitsune Barbarian (urban, elemental kin) 1 / Cleric ('varisian' pilgrim) 1 | current AC 17 (18) T 13 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +6 R +3 W +3 | CMD 15 |Init +3 | Perc +5 | Rage 6/6 | Channel 4/4 | Grow 4/4 | Calm 4/4

Ikari is down, at either -2 or -4 depending on whether this is the same day as the goblin ambush or later. His rage does not affect CON unless I spend some of my morale bonus on it (urban barbarian controlled rage).

Liberty's Edge

”Toshiko” | Female CG Kitsune Swashbuckler (Flying Blade) 2 | HP 20/22 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 | CMD 16 | F +3 R +8 W +0 (+3 vs. charms, compulsions) | Init +4 | Perc +4 | Speed 30ft | Panache 3/3 | Active Conditions: None

Toshiko takes a moment to calm her nerves then draws a dagger and tosses it at Blue.

Dagger: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14 Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || ||The Prince of Augustana || Mosquito Witch ||

This is the day after the goblin ambush.

Juzo, go ahead and do a different action. You would know that charm person only works on human-type things and I think harpies look different enough that you would be pretty sure it wouldn't work.

Grand Lodge

Female N Kitsune Cleric of Daikitsu 1/Primal Hunter 1 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | 17/17 hp | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +5| Init +2 | Percep +7 | CMD 14

That puts me at 0!

Hiiragi groans as the bleeding from her chin slows, and soon her eyes snap open. She eyes Onna, then the harpies, then Onna again.

"This is going well, isn't it?"

From her spot on the ground, she raises a hand to her head. "To protect my community," she chants.

Spontaneous CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Groaning, she rises to her feet.

Move Econ:
Standard: CLW
Move: Stand

Liberty's Edge

”Toshiko” | Female CG Kitsune Swashbuckler (Flying Blade) 2 | HP 20/22 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 | CMD 16 | F +3 R +8 W +0 (+3 vs. charms, compulsions) | Init +4 | Perc +4 | Speed 30ft | Panache 3/3 | Active Conditions: None

I am going to start dragging people out.

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || ||The Prince of Augustana || Mosquito Witch ||

Hiiragi heals herself while Toshiko hurls a dagger at a harpy, but misses.

Initiative Order, Bold May Go!
Map Slide
Juzo,
Harpy , -16 (red)
Kenta, -14hp, unconscious
Itami
Sinnoch
Harpy 2, -10hp (blue)
Ikari, -17hp? unconscious and bleeding out at -2hp, stabilize check
Toshiko
Hiiragi, -5hp

The Exchange

active effects:
Male Kitsune Barbarian (urban, elemental kin) 1 / Cleric ('varisian' pilgrim) 1 | current AC 17 (18) T 13 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +6 R +3 W +3 | CMD 15 |Init +3 | Perc +5 | Rage 6/6 | Channel 4/4 | Grow 4/4 | Calm 4/4

stabilise? DC10: 1d20 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 - 2 = 11

Ikari lets out a low moan.

These monsters are stronger than they look...

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || ||The Prince of Augustana || Mosquito Witch ||

I don't think Juzo can do much else other than fire his crossbow, so I'm botting him to do that.

crossbow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Juzo realizes his spells won't work, so he fires a crossbow bolt, but it misses.

The red harpy steps over to Toshiko and tries to take her down as well.

morningstar: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21 damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
morningstar: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
talons: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
talons: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

Toshiko calls upon her swashbuckler luck to dodge nearly all the blows of the harpy and turn the one blow that hits into a minor scratch!

Initiative Order, Bold May Go!
Map Slide
Juzo,
Harpy , -16 (red)
Kenta, -14hp, unconscious
Itami
Sinnoch

Harpy 2, -10hp (blue)
Ikari, -17hp? unconscious and bleeding out at -2hp, stabilize check
Toshiko, -2hp
Hiiragi, -5hp

Grand Lodge

Bardic Performance 10/10 rounds Kitsune Bard 2 |13/13 Hp | AC 15, T 13, FF 12 | Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +3 | Perception +4 |

The bard races over to the paladin's side. That is so much blood. I pray I am not to late. She taps his chest while invoking the magic of the wand.

CLW vs Kenta: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Dark Archive

Kitsune Sorcerer 3| HP: 17/17 | AC: 13 T: 13 FF: 10 CMD: 11 | F+2 R+4 W+4 +2 vs mind/poison | Init +3 | Perception +1, Low-Light Vision
Tracked Resources:
Spells: 1st 4/6; Vanishing 7/7; Magic Missile: 39/50; Infernal Healing 50/50

Now at the edge of the cave, he continues to launch bolts at the injured Harpy. Not out of the woods yet!
________
Magic Missile vs Red: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

201 to 250 of 356 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Zer0darkfire's 0-03 Murder on The Silken Caravan All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.