GM Zer0darkfire's 0-03 Murder on The Silken Caravan (Inactive)

Game Master zer0darkfire


51 to 100 of 356 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Sovereign Court

N Male Kitsune Mesmerist (Vexing Daredevil) 1/Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) 1 | HP: 18/18 | AC: 17 T: 14 FF: 13 | CMB: 0, CMD: 14 | F: 1 R: 8 W: 2 | Init: 9 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None
Resources:
| Tricks: 5/5 | Mesmerist Spells: (1st): 2/2 | Panache: 3/4

"I may have to take back what I said earlier. I did not expect them to actually give up." Juzo says stepping forward kneeling beside the cultist.

"This is where you give us information on why you are here and how many others are involved. For your sake speak quickly because I am not defending you against that...zealot back there when he comes for justice."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || ||The Prince of Augustana || Mosquito Witch ||

"I'm just a small time priest of Lamashtu, I mean, look at my cultists. Useless, the lot of them, hardly better then commoners, but at least they are a little scary. Anyway, we were just going to steal the body for a Lamashtun ritual, but yeah, you can have it, I'll just leave." he says, voice slightly muffled behind the mask the whole time.

Grand Lodge

Female N Kitsune Cleric of Daikitsu 1/Primal Hunter 1 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | 17/17 hp | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +5| Init +2 | Percep +7 | CMD 14

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

Hiiragi steps forward and listens intently.

Liberty's Edge

LG Male Kitsune Paladin 2 | Mods: Profane Aura, -1 to Hit and Saves, Bless | HP: 22/22| AC/Tch/FF 18/12/16 | CMD 16 | F/R/W +8/+5/+7 +7/+4/+6 | Speed 30ft (20ft in armor) | Smite Evil: 0/1, +1 Star Folio Re-Roll: 0/1 | LoH: 4/4, Dancing Lights: 3/3| Perc: +1 (LL), SM: +5 | Init: +2

Kenta levels his sword at the fiendish priest, "Surrender and await your justice from the authorities and you may live, possibly even long enough to atone."

If the priest (and demon worshiping warriors) surrender and allow themselves to be bound and turned over to the authorities, Kenta is fine with that outcome.

Dark Archive

Kitsune Sorcerer 3| HP: 17/17 | AC: 13 T: 13 FF: 10 CMD: 11 | F+2 R+4 W+4 +2 vs mind/poison | Init +3 | Perception +1, Low-Light Vision
Tracked Resources:
Spells: 1st 4/6; Vanishing 7/7; Magic Missile: 39/50; Infernal Healing 50/50

Itami silently shakes his head as he steps next to Kenta. "Kenta, be a vassal of the law after you're sure they've spilled all they know. The outcome may be the same, but they don't need to know that just yet, eh?" he advises.

"What direction from the town do you find yourselves congregating in? Can't imagine the officials would allow you to worship in the city limits. Frankly, while I find you a stain on humanity, the specifics aren't for me to weasel out of you," he asks the groveling priest. Hopefully it doesn't lie right in our path of travel. That would be inconvenient.

Grand Lodge

Female Kitsune Bard 2 |13/13 Hp | AC 15, T 13, FF 12 | Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +3 | Perception +4 | Bardic Performance 9/10 rounds

As the interrogation unfolds, Onna peers around the hovel. She enchants her eyes in the hopse of discovering some magical trinket.

Detect Magic
Percpetion: 1d20 ⇒ 4

Grand Lodge

Female N Kitsune Cleric of Daikitsu 1/Primal Hunter 1 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | 17/17 hp | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +5| Init +2 | Percep +7 | CMD 14

Hiiragi figures it's best to check out the body.

Liberty's Edge

”Toshiko” | Female CG Kitsune Swashbuckler (Flying Blade) 2 | HP 22/22 | AC 16, T 14, FF 12 | CMD 16 | F +2 R +7 W -1 (+3 vs. charms, compulsions) | Init +4 | Perc +4 | Speed 30ft | Panache 3/3 | Active Conditions: None

Toshiko retrieve her knives while the party grills the priest. While she waits for them to finish their gum-flapping she pulls a hip flask out and takes a sip, smacking her lips afterwards.

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || ||The Prince of Augustana || Mosquito Witch ||

Seeing either death or prison as the options, the cultists agree to be tied up and sent to the guards. Looking around for a while easily finds the body in a coffin waiting for you to transport it.

Sinnoch doesn't sense any magical auras on either the cultists, the body, or the room.

After securing the corpse of Targos Min-Katheer and preparing it for travel, you find that the Pathfinder Society has arranged for a number of domesticated dromedary (one-humped) camels to serve as your mounts as you cross the high desert and make for Katheer. One camel is provided for each of you, including sufficient supplies and waterskins to make the trip, and another camel is granted to bear the shrouded body of the deceased venture-captain during the journey. Riding these trained creatures requires no special skill, but fighting while atop one or to attack in the manner of a warhorse requires the usual Ride checks.

Despite having the necessary means of transportation, you will still require assistance in crossing the desert on the trade road. This is best accomplished by joining one of the so-called “silken caravans” that traverse the Silken Way. The Pathfinder Society contacts in Lopul direct you to one such caravan master whom you can bargain with for passage with a caravan.

The caravan in question is run by a Qadiri noblewoman of the deep desert tribes named Jamila al-Shafah (female human). She is a dark-skinned beauty with henna-streaked hair and green eyes highlighted with kohl. She dresses in traditional desert rider garb, although the luxurious fabrics and cosmopolitan cuts display her wealth and success as a trader of silks and precious stones of the desert. She can be found at a caravanserai at the edge of Lopul where she is taking on the final few travelers to join her caravan. You find her seated at a table with a large Taldan man in battered but serviceable half-plate armor, a shorter Qadiri man in a city-dweller’s vest and fez, and an Osirian trader in white robes with an elaborate gemstudded pectoral.

perception, DC 26:

Jamila's appearance is...off, but you're not quite sure why.

DC 15 knowledge planes check after

Spoiler:

Jamila is actually an air janni of the desert passing herself off as human.

Wow, season 0 is really railroady

Grand Lodge

Female N Kitsune Cleric of Daikitsu 1/Primal Hunter 1 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | 17/17 hp | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +5| Init +2 | Percep +7 | CMD 14

That DC!
Aid Another Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

The Exchange

active effects:
Male Kitsune Barbarian (urban) 1 / Cleric ('varisian' pilgrim) 1 | current AC 17 (18) T 13 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +6 R +3 W +3 | CMD 15 |Init +3 | Perc +5 | Rage 6/6 | Channel 4/4 | Grow 4/4 | Calm 4/4

Can any of us hit the DC by taking 20? Is that appropriate in these circumstances?

Liberty's Edge

”Toshiko” | Female CG Kitsune Swashbuckler (Flying Blade) 2 | HP 22/22 | AC 16, T 14, FF 12 | CMD 16 | F +2 R +7 W -1 (+3 vs. charms, compulsions) | Init +4 | Perc +4 | Speed 30ft | Panache 3/3 | Active Conditions: None

I can't hit it

Liberty's Edge

LG Male Kitsune Paladin 2 | Mods: Profane Aura, -1 to Hit and Saves, Bless | HP: 22/22| AC/Tch/FF 18/12/16 | CMD 16 | F/R/W +8/+5/+7 +7/+4/+6 | Speed 30ft (20ft in armor) | Smite Evil: 0/1, +1 Star Folio Re-Roll: 0/1 | LoH: 4/4, Dancing Lights: 3/3| Perc: +1 (LL), SM: +5 | Init: +2

Perception Aid: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

There is a +2 for whoever has the highest mod if we can Aid.

Liberty's Edge

”Toshiko” | Female CG Kitsune Swashbuckler (Flying Blade) 2 | HP 22/22 | AC 16, T 14, FF 12 | CMD 16 | F +2 R +7 W -1 (+3 vs. charms, compulsions) | Init +4 | Perc +4 | Speed 30ft | Panache 3/3 | Active Conditions: None

Perception Aid: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Grand Lodge

Female N Kitsune Cleric of Daikitsu 1/Primal Hunter 1 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | 17/17 hp | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +5| Init +2 | Percep +7 | CMD 14

Whoever’s got the highest mod, take Guidance (+1)!

Dark Archive

Kitsune Sorcerer 3| HP: 17/17 | AC: 13 T: 13 FF: 10 CMD: 11 | F+2 R+4 W+4 +2 vs mind/poison | Init +3 | Perception +1, Low-Light Vision
Tracked Resources:
Spells: 1st 4/6; Vanishing 7/7; Magic Missile: 39/50; Infernal Healing 50/50

"Are you Jamila al-Shafah, leader of this silken caravan? We wish to travel the desert with you," Itami says, cutting right to the chase.
________
Perception (Aid): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
If only we had the feats to cast discreetly, charm person would solve this in a standard action!

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || ||The Prince of Augustana || Mosquito Witch ||

You can't take 20 here, but I'll let you in a little on the secret, it's just a flavor thing that you'll find out later anyway. Also, season 0 offers very little, if any, premade dialogue for the NPCs.

"No, no. This caravan is full, I cannot take any more followers with me as it would make the trip take far too long." Jamilia replies to Itami. The other three men keep quiet as they don't feel this is any of their business.

Diplomacy checks or some other way to convince her as you know that there won't be any other caravans heading west for several days because railroady plot.

Sovereign Court

N Male Kitsune Mesmerist (Vexing Daredevil) 1/Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) 1 | HP: 18/18 | AC: 17 T: 14 FF: 13 | CMB: 0, CMD: 14 | F: 1 R: 8 W: 2 | Init: 9 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None
Resources:
| Tricks: 5/5 | Mesmerist Spells: (1st): 2/2 | Panache: 3/4

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

"Oh no, my dear lady. Look at me...we are of similar taste in exquisite things and the desert is far too overbearing without like-minded company. There is no other caravan as fine as yours...it is the only choice. Let us accompany you and we will be of more help than burden and I can deliver an interesting proposal for your future later." Juzo pleads with a deep bow before the noblewoman.

Grand Lodge

Female N Kitsune Cleric of Daikitsu 1/Primal Hunter 1 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | 17/17 hp | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +5| Init +2 | Percep +7 | CMD 14

If only some of us had extra tails-- Charm Person is an SLA and therefore doesn't have any verbal or somatic components! Bit risky, but if it works...

Hiiragi offers a bow. "Pleased to meet you, Jamila. Before we continue, I'd like to stress that we would not persist if this was not important. You see, we are here to escort the body of Targos Min-Katheer across the sands to his burial place, and must see this done before long. We will do our best not to slow the party unnecessarily... and my goddess allows me to draw clean water from nothing, which I will happily do in exchange for our passage."

Diplo Aid Juzo: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Liberty's Edge

LG Male Kitsune Paladin 2 | Mods: Profane Aura, -1 to Hit and Saves, Bless | HP: 22/22| AC/Tch/FF 18/12/16 | CMD 16 | F/R/W +8/+5/+7 +7/+4/+6 | Speed 30ft (20ft in armor) | Smite Evil: 0/1, +1 Star Folio Re-Roll: 0/1 | LoH: 4/4, Dancing Lights: 3/3| Perc: +1 (LL), SM: +5 | Init: +2

Kenta adds on as well, "Come now, we are experience travelers and will not slow down your caravan at all."

Diplomacy Aid: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

A lot of scenarios are pretty railroadey, it's just a thing that is sorta necessary or at least hard to avoid when writing so many stories. Doesn't bother me, no worries!

Grand Lodge

Female Kitsune Bard 2 |13/13 Hp | AC 15, T 13, FF 12 | Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +3 | Perception +4 | Bardic Performance 9/10 rounds

Patting her own weapon and nodding toward the others, "Just think of us as extra guards that you won't have to pay."

Diplo (aid): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

Dark Archive

Kitsune Sorcerer 3| HP: 17/17 | AC: 13 T: 13 FF: 10 CMD: 11 | F+2 R+4 W+4 +2 vs mind/poison | Init +3 | Perception +1, Low-Light Vision
Tracked Resources:
Spells: 1st 4/6; Vanishing 7/7; Magic Missile: 39/50; Infernal Healing 50/50

"What's a few more camels to walk in the same line as you? Surely, someone as well-off as yourself could tolerate that!" Itami adds.
________
Dipplomacy (Aid) vs Juzo: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23
The issue I had in mind, Hiiragi, was actually THIS FAQ :( Can't imagine the three beefcakes next to her would let strangers finish casting a spell while in her presence.

Grand Lodge

Female N Kitsune Cleric of Daikitsu 1/Primal Hunter 1 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | 17/17 hp | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +5| Init +2 | Percep +7 | CMD 14
Itami wrote:


The issue I had in mind, Hiiragi, was actually THIS FAQ :( Can't imagine the three beefcakes next to her would let strangers finish casting a spell while in her presence.

"Quick, what's that over there!?! Huh, probably nothing. Anyway, my great friend Jamila, thank you for letting us join your caravan! Did anyone else feel that weird tingle just now, by the way? Must be the sand on the wind!"

The Exchange

active effects:
Male Kitsune Barbarian (urban) 1 / Cleric ('varisian' pilgrim) 1 | current AC 17 (18) T 13 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +6 R +3 W +3 | CMD 15 |Init +3 | Perc +5 | Rage 6/6 | Channel 4/4 | Grow 4/4 | Calm 4/4
Itami wrote:


The issue I had in mind, Hiiragi, was actually THIS FAQ :( Can't imagine the three beefcakes next to her would let strangers finish casting a spell while in her presence.

Spell manifestations, applying equally to SLA's. It's sucky rule that doesn't fit with how Spellcraft always operated but got shoehorned in to prevent Psychic casting always being undetectable with no resource investment from the caster.

"A fine caravan you have. Every caravan needs friends. Friends with weapons, friends with magic. Friends like us. The traveller's way is a noble one, and the Goddess will smile on your venture if you'll have the Lady Hiiragi along. And her humble acolyte of course." Ikari bows.

"In addition to my friends proposal whatever that may be you would profit greatly by joining with a group of merchants for whom I often work. I can introduce you, at no cost to yourself."

diplomacy to recruit to Exchange (Faction Card goal DC16): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

I'm sure we've already smashed the DC for joining the caravan.

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || ||The Prince of Augustana || Mosquito Witch ||

Let's see, yep, I told Hiiragi in discord about the visual effects of spells, but it doesn't matter here as, yes, you did smash the DC to join the caravan. By railroady, I mean that a lof of what you doesn't feel like it matters. For instance, " As this caravan is the crux of later parts of the adventure, the PCs should eventually succeed". Ok, then why bother making it a challenge to get in if there aren't any backup options for if they fail?

Jamila looks at Juzo for a moment, "You know what, I like you. Welcome aboard, just make sure to pull your own weight. Meet me at Lopul gate at dawn tomorrow and we will set off. What is your goal since I'm taking you across the desert anyway?"

She smiles at Ikari, "Why, I suddenly feel the strangest urge to join your little group of friends."

Grand Lodge

Female N Kitsune Cleric of Daikitsu 1/Primal Hunter 1 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | 17/17 hp | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +5| Init +2 | Percep +7 | CMD 14

Hiiragi’s got her question covered!

Hiiragi wrote:
"You see, we are here to escort the body of Targos Min-Katheer across the sands to his burial place, and must see this done before long."

Dark Archive

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Kitsune Sorcerer 3| HP: 17/17 | AC: 13 T: 13 FF: 10 CMD: 11 | F+2 R+4 W+4 +2 vs mind/poison | Init +3 | Perception +1, Low-Light Vision
Tracked Resources:
Spells: 1st 4/6; Vanishing 7/7; Magic Missile: 39/50; Infernal Healing 50/50

Itami puts his hand on Juzo's shoulder. "You heard her, kid, pull your weight around here!" he says with a sly grin before going back to the camels to make sure their corpse is still there.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || ||The Prince of Augustana || Mosquito Witch ||

"Oh of course! I was good friends with Targos! I would have let you join for that reason alone friends." she replies to Hiiragi.

Liberty's Edge

”Toshiko” | Female CG Kitsune Swashbuckler (Flying Blade) 2 | HP 22/22 | AC 16, T 14, FF 12 | CMD 16 | F +2 R +7 W -1 (+3 vs. charms, compulsions) | Init +4 | Perc +4 | Speed 30ft | Panache 3/3 | Active Conditions: None

Toshiko slelects a camel at random, loads her gear into the saddle bags and settles herself into the saddle. After a moment she reclines in it and waits for the others to be ready.

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || ||The Prince of Augustana || Mosquito Witch ||

The caravan gathers in the cold hour before dawn and sets out northwest just as the first bit of pink touches the eastern horizon. You are given the ignominious rearmost position in the camel train eating the trail dust of the others since you were the last to sign up. Directly
in front of you are the camels of Hokama Pashket tended by him, his slave Atmar, and a pair of drovers.

During your first day of travel, you learn a bit about the people your travelling with.

Gaspar du Mer (male human): An aged Taldan knight and veteran of unofficial raids decades ago against Qadira as reprisal for the ancient invasion of his homeland. He always wears his dented and tarnished armor, even in the greatest heat, and is prone to stroking his long handlebar moustache and chin beard when in conversation or thought. In his twilight years, he has become a dealer of weapons along the western length of the Silken Way, and his portion of the caravan consists of five camels bearing bundles loaded with exotic, curved swords and daggers from central Kelesh for resale in Katheer and points west.

Mahmoud (male human): Mahmoud hails from the souks of Katheer, as can be recognized by his typical clothing for a souk merchant of that city. He is Gaspar’s partner in the weapons trade and maintains their primary contacts within central Kelesh. He is a few years younger than Gaspar and is prone to sudden explosions of hyperbole and feigned indignation when in a disagreement due his lifetime spent haggling in the bazaars.

Hokama Pashket (male human): Hokama is a successful water merchant from the ancient kingdom of Osirion. He is primarily on this trip to establish contacts and new markets, so he travels with only three camels heavily laden with full waterskins and dowsing rods of questionable reliability, as well as his slave-boy, Atmar.

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || ||The Prince of Augustana || Mosquito Witch ||

Nothing exciting happens on your first day of the journey, but who am I kidding, you're all kitsune, I'm sure you make something exciting happen...

Feel free to RP the first day of TOTALLY BORING travel if you want to.

Liberty's Edge

”Toshiko” | Female CG Kitsune Swashbuckler (Flying Blade) 2 | HP 22/22 | AC 16, T 14, FF 12 | CMD 16 | F +2 R +7 W -1 (+3 vs. charms, compulsions) | Init +4 | Perc +4 | Speed 30ft | Panache 3/3 | Active Conditions: None

Toshiko takes an interest in Gaspar de Mer and his exotic daggers. On the lunchtime stop she investigates his wares, cajoling him into showing her one of two pieces. I am after something with a nice balance, suitable for throwing. I am less interested in the kind for slipping between ribs.

She spends most of the day in the saddle. Not long into the journey she is uncomfortable and by the end of the day she is clearly quite saddle-sore. She is walking gingerly and sitting quite lightly.

Dark Archive

Kitsune Sorcerer 3| HP: 17/17 | AC: 13 T: 13 FF: 10 CMD: 11 | F+2 R+4 W+4 +2 vs mind/poison | Init +3 | Perception +1, Low-Light Vision
Tracked Resources:
Spells: 1st 4/6; Vanishing 7/7; Magic Missile: 39/50; Infernal Healing 50/50

Itami finds himself talking most often to Mahmoud. "Whose hands do these weapons end up in? I bet it is a fine business, plenty of people must want to defend themselves in the desert! Not to mention the people who want to be the cause for defense in the desert too, eh?"

Grand Lodge

Female N Kitsune Cleric of Daikitsu 1/Primal Hunter 1 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | 17/17 hp | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +5| Init +2 | Percep +7 | CMD 14

Hiiragi spends much of the day getting saddle-sore, and quietly discussing with Ikari the religion's mostly-but-not-entirely negative view on slave ownership.

Liberty's Edge

LG Male Kitsune Paladin 2 | Mods: Profane Aura, -1 to Hit and Saves, Bless | HP: 22/22| AC/Tch/FF 18/12/16 | CMD 16 | F/R/W +8/+5/+7 +7/+4/+6 | Speed 30ft (20ft in armor) | Smite Evil: 0/1, +1 Star Folio Re-Roll: 0/1 | LoH: 4/4, Dancing Lights: 3/3| Perc: +1 (LL), SM: +5 | Init: +2

Kenta resists the immediate urge to challenge the obvious slave ownership laws of the region. He thinks back upon his lodge training, Don't make it too obvious your hatred of slavery, be subtle, get to know the slave and their situation. There are many different ways one can become a slave, some actually have a way out, some need help, some don't even know it is wrong.

The first half of the day he simply watches Atmar and Hokama, trying to gain as much information as possible about their slave to master relationship. Does Atmar seem abused? Is he respected or ignored? Does he seem to be looking for a way to escape his owner?

The second half, he takes a few short moments when he can catch Atmar away from his master while tending the animals to introduce himself and ask Atmar for a few tips about taking care of camels.

The Exchange

active effects:
Male Kitsune Barbarian (urban) 1 / Cleric ('varisian' pilgrim) 1 | current AC 17 (18) T 13 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +6 R +3 W +3 | CMD 15 |Init +3 | Perc +5 | Rage 6/6 | Channel 4/4 | Grow 4/4 | Calm 4/4

Ikari finds much to discuss with the three merchants, absorbing their varied philosophies and strategies, and offering them snippets of Daikitsun wisdom pertaining to trade, hard work, and the open road.

Should any of the three reject the notion of earning profit through hard work, Ikari scowls and shuns them for the remainder of the trip.

In quiet moments Ikari enjoys the company and instruction of Hiiragi.

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || ||The Prince of Augustana || Mosquito Witch ||

****Afternoon of the Second Day****
DC 15 Fortitude save vs heat for everyone, don't forget your bonuses or penalties based on your hot-weather gear or armor. A failure means you take 1d4 points of non-lethal damage.

For every point you beat a DC 15 survival check, you can give yourself and another person a +2 bonus on the save, but it doesn't stack if multiple people make the check.

****Current Scene****
An hour after the midday break on the second day out of Lopul, a sudden wind blows in off the erg carrying a wall of dust and grit. A sandstorm is coming.

You'll need a DC 15 Survival check or a DC 20 perception check to keep Hokama’s camels in sight during the storm

Liberty's Edge

”Toshiko” | Female CG Kitsune Swashbuckler (Flying Blade) 2 | HP 22/22 | AC 16, T 14, FF 12 | CMD 16 | F +2 R +7 W -1 (+3 vs. charms, compulsions) | Init +4 | Perc +4 | Speed 30ft | Panache 3/3 | Active Conditions: None

Fort Save, Outfit: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 + 2 = 13

Heat Stroke: 1d4 ⇒ 4

I knew I should have bought that fan-slave.

The Exchange

active effects:
Male Kitsune Barbarian (urban) 1 / Cleric ('varisian' pilgrim) 1 | current AC 17 (18) T 13 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +6 R +3 W +3 | CMD 15 |Init +3 | Perc +5 | Rage 6/6 | Channel 4/4 | Grow 4/4 | Calm 4/4

survival vs heat: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Fort vs heat, outfit, tireless: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 4 + 2 + 2 = 17

Despite being unfamiliar with the desert, Ikari is no stranger to toil and bears up well enough under the strain.

perception vs sandstorm: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

"HOKAMA! Halt the camel train till the storm passes!"

Grand Lodge

Female Kitsune Bard 2 |13/13 Hp | AC 15, T 13, FF 12 | Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +3 | Perception +4 | Bardic Performance 9/10 rounds

Fort vs DC 15: 1d20 ⇒ 20
Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 2

Shouting over the storm, "Hey, where did everybody go?"

Grand Lodge

Female N Kitsune Cleric of Daikitsu 1/Primal Hunter 1 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | 17/17 hp | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +5| Init +2 | Percep +7 | CMD 14

Hiiragi will be keeping rain coming via create water. Up to you whether that’s enough to provide a bonus or nullify the check entirely!

CRB wrote:
Heat deals nonlethal damage that cannot be recovered from until the character gets cooled off (reaches shade, survives until nightfall, gets doused in water, is targeted by endure elements, and so forth)

Fort: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Heat: 1d4 ⇒ 2
Survival: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

”Onna, over here!” yells Hiiragi behind her sleeve.

Liberty's Edge

”Toshiko” | Female CG Kitsune Swashbuckler (Flying Blade) 2 | HP 22/22 | AC 16, T 14, FF 12 | CMD 16 | F +2 R +7 W -1 (+3 vs. charms, compulsions) | Init +4 | Perc +4 | Speed 30ft | Panache 3/3 | Active Conditions: None

Forgot my sandstorm checks

Perception DC20: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Toshiko completely loses the camel train as the sand kicks up and obscures her vision. Sand whips her face getting in her eyes and mouth. She just hold on to the camel and hopes to weather the storm.

Camels know how to do sand storms as far as I, the player, understand so it will just do it's thing. Probably stop, sit and wait it out. She'll just chill out with the camel while being abrasively blasted by flying silica.

Sovereign Court

N Male Kitsune Mesmerist (Vexing Daredevil) 1/Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) 1 | HP: 18/18 | AC: 17 T: 14 FF: 13 | CMB: 0, CMD: 14 | F: 1 R: 8 W: 2 | Init: 9 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None
Resources:
| Tricks: 5/5 | Mesmerist Spells: (1st): 2/2 | Panache: 3/4

Survival: 1d20 ⇒ 7
Fortitude: 1d20 + 1 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 2 + 2 = 8
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2
Survival: 1d20 ⇒ 8

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Kitsune Bard 2 |13/13 Hp | AC 15, T 13, FF 12 | Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +3 | Perception +4 | Bardic Performance 9/10 rounds
Toshiko wrote:
blasted by flying silica.

And now I have to make 'Flying' Silica, an oread aero/geo kinetisist, with flight and air-blast.

Dark Archive

Kitsune Sorcerer 3| HP: 17/17 | AC: 13 T: 13 FF: 10 CMD: 11 | F+2 R+4 W+4 +2 vs mind/poison | Init +3 | Perception +1, Low-Light Vision
Tracked Resources:
Spells: 1st 4/6; Vanishing 7/7; Magic Missile: 39/50; Infernal Healing 50/50

DAMN it is hot out here... By the afternoon Itami is riding low in his saddle, sometimes even laying on the camel as it walks dutifully with the others.

As the sandstorm begins to stir, he lazily covers his body with more pieces of linen and straps himself to his steed. Now I can nap and if I shift, the worst I'll be is under the camel!
________
Fort (Hot-Weather Clothes) vs Heat, DC 15: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 2 = 6
Heat Stroke (Nonlethal): 1d4 ⇒ 3
Survival, DC 15: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

Liberty's Edge

LG Male Kitsune Paladin 2 | Mods: Profane Aura, -1 to Hit and Saves, Bless | HP: 22/22| AC/Tch/FF 18/12/16 | CMD 16 | F/R/W +8/+5/+7 +7/+4/+6 | Speed 30ft (20ft in armor) | Smite Evil: 0/1, +1 Star Folio Re-Roll: 0/1 | LoH: 4/4, Dancing Lights: 3/3| Perc: +1 (LL), SM: +5 | Init: +2
GM Zer0darkfire wrote:

****Afternoon of the Second Day****

DC 15 Fortitude save vs heat for everyone, don't forget your bonuses or penalties based on your hot-weather gear or armor. A failure means you take 1d4 points of non-lethal damage.

Kenta is most certainly still wearing his armor and hot weather gear doesn't stack with survival so he won't even try that check.

DC 15 Fort + Hot Weather Gear - Armor Penalty: 1d20 + 4 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 + 2 - 4 = 11 for 1d4 ⇒ 1 Nonlethal damage

And then he gets drenched and cooled with a couple gallons of water over his head as he pulls his wand, activating it to heal up.

Wand of CLW for 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 healing which leaves 48/50 charges left.

GM Zer0darkfire wrote:

****Current Scene****

An hour after the midday break on the second day out of Lopul, a sudden wind blows in off the erg carrying a wall of dust and grit. A sandstorm is coming.

You'll need a DC 15 Survival check or a DC 20 perception check to keep Hokama’s camels in sight during the storm

He tries to keep his camel oriented with the caravan when the dust begins obscuring his vision.

Survival: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || ||The Prince of Augustana || Mosquito Witch ||

You know, I actually lifeguard for children outdoors and I can tell you that even a little bit of water makes staying cool way easier.

Hiiragi's constant drizzle makes everyone pretty much ignore the heat, although being nearly constantly damp proves to be a little uncomfortable. Sorry for making you guys do all that extra die rolling!

Many of you lose sight of the caravan, but Itami manages to keep it in sight and helps guide the rest of you through the storm. No downside thanks to a single success!

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || ||The Prince of Augustana || Mosquito Witch ||

You are able to draw nearer to the water seller’s camels during a slight lull in the storm. A cry from the merchant’s young slave rings out as he points into the blowing sand where several humanoid creatures approach, most smaller than humans and all muffled in heavy robes. Each stranger’s head has a great helm wrapped in keffiyehs, and each faceplate has only a small eye slit to keep out the fury of the storm. Each holds a curved sword, and it is clear they are converging on your position.

Geez this is a lot of enemies! High tier doubles the number!

initiatives:

Hiiragi: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Ikari: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Itami: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Juzo: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
Kenta: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Sinnoch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Toshiko: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
enemies: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
enemies: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
enemies: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
enemies: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
enemies: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
enemies: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
enemies: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
enemies: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
enemies: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
enemies: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
hob: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
hob: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
hob: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

Six goblins come rushing forward screaming as they do!

charge attack Hiiragi: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
charge attack Hiiragi: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Hiiragi damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2

charge attack Ikari: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
charge attack Ikari, Confirmation: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
charge attack Ikari: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Ikari damage: 3d4 ⇒ (1, 1, 1) = 3

charge attack Kenta: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
charge attack Kenta, Confirmation: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
charge attack Kenta: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Kenta damage: 3d4 ⇒ (1, 2, 4) = 7

The goblins prove highly accurate...or just extremely frenzied!

One of the hobgoblins takes a shortbow shot at Hiiragi.
shortbow, Hiiragi, cover: 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 2 - 4 = 3

Initiative Order, Bold May Go!
Map Slide
Goblin 1
Goblin 2
Goblin 3
Goblin 4
Goblin 5
Hobgoblin 1
Goblin 6
Itami
Goblin 7
Kenta, -7 damage
Goblin 8
Hobgoblin 2
Juzo
Goblin 9
Ikari, -3 damage
Toshiko
Sinnoch
Hiiragi
Goblin 10
Hobgoblin 3

The Exchange

active effects:
Male Kitsune Barbarian (urban) 1 / Cleric ('varisian' pilgrim) 1 | current AC 17 (18) T 13 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +6 R +3 W +3 | CMD 15 |Init +3 | Perc +5 | Rage 6/6 | Channel 4/4 | Grow 4/4 | Calm 4/4

Ikari has combat reflexes and a reach weapon, so ought to get AoOs as the goblins close. Doesn't look like it's a surprise round, we've had warning.

AoO vs red gobbo, branched spear: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 2 = 6damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
AoO vs blue gobbo, branched spear: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 3 + 2 = 15damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
AoO vs purple gobbo, branched spear: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 3 + 2 = 22damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
AoO vs grey gobbo, branched spear: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 3 + 2 = 24damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Depending on timing of the goblins' attacks, I may get to add Crowd Control for +1 to hit and AC - this triggers if more than one enemy is adjacent to two or more enemies.

If my AoOs drop any of the incoming goblins that might reduce the damage I took?

Ikari reacts with elf-trained reflexes, his spear a whirlwind of razor-sharp steel leaves.

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || ||The Prince of Augustana || Mosquito Witch ||

Yep sorry, you hit blue and purple. You flat out knock out grey.

51 to 100 of 356 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Zer0darkfire's 0-03 Murder on The Silken Caravan All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.