GM Zer0darkfire's 0-03 Murder on The Silken Caravan (Inactive)

Game Master zer0darkfire


101 to 150 of 356 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Kitsune Sorcerer 3| HP: 17/17 | AC: 13 T: 13 FF: 10 CMD: 11 | F+2 R+4 W+4 +2 vs mind/poison | Init +3 | Perception +1, Low-Light Vision
Tracked Resources:
Spells: 1st 4/6; Vanishing 7/7; Magic Missile: 39/50; Infernal Healing 50/50

As the sandstorm briefly lulls, Itami pulls the damp blankets off and unstraps himself from the camel. Looking around for the first time, he smiles. "Who knew these ugly horse wannabes were useful!"

"Don't goblins normally live in forests and swamps?" he wonders out loud, swirling wispy blue vapors over his head.
________
Begin casting Sleep, DC 18.

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || ||The Prince of Augustana || Mosquito Witch ||

Itami begins casting a spell.

Another goblin comes quickly rushing into to fill the gap left by the recently killed goblin.

charge vs kenta: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
kenta damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Initiative Order, Bold May Go!
Map Slide
Goblin 1
Goblin 2 Blue, -2hp
Goblin 3 Purple, -2hp
Goblin 5
Hobgoblin 1
Goblin 6
Itami, casting a spell
Goblin 7
Kenta, -9 damage
Goblin 8
Hobgoblin 2
Juzo
Goblin 9
Ikari, -3 damage
Toshiko
Sinnoch
Hiiragi
Goblin 10
Hobgoblin 3

Liberty's Edge

LG Male Kitsune Paladin 2 | Mods: Profane Aura, -1 to Hit and Saves, Bless | HP: 22/22| AC/Tch/FF 18/12/16 | CMD 16 | F/R/W +8/+5/+7 +7/+4/+6 | Speed 30ft (20ft in armor) | Smite Evil: 0/1, +1 Star Folio Re-Roll: 0/1 | LoH: 4/4, Dancing Lights: 3/3| Perc: +1 (LL), SM: +5 | Init: +2

Kenta is taken back by the force and speed of the goblin horde raining down upon them, he is unable to get his guard up and prevent the multiple stabs reigning down upon his body. He grimaces as his blood flows freely, but reaches over his head and grasps his sword in two hands, swinging it down hard at the closest goblin, "GAH! THESE BUGGERS CAME OUTTA NOWHERE!"

Move to draw sword, Standard to attack Orange.

Greatsword - Power Attack: 1d20 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (4) + 4 - 1 = 7 for Slashing + PA: 2d6 + 3 + 3 ⇒ (2, 5) + 3 + 3 = 13

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || ||The Prince of Augustana || Mosquito Witch ||

Kenta misses the goblin in front of him.

Two more goblins rush forward, but only find places to be ready to fill any gaps in the goblin line.

One of the other hobgoblin's also fires his shortbow at the whirlwind that is Ikari.

shortbow, cover, melee: 1d20 + 2 - 4 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 2 - 4 - 4 = 8

But misses due to the swirling nature of melee combat.

Initiative Order, Bold May Go!
Map Slide
Goblin 1
Goblin 2 Blue, -2hp
Goblin 3 Purple, -2hp
Goblin 5
Hobgoblin 1
Goblin 6
Itami, casting a spell
Goblin 7
Kenta, -9 damage
Goblin 8
Hobgoblin 2
Goblin 9
Juzo
Ikari, -3 damage
Toshiko
Sinnoch
Hiiragi

Goblin 10
Hobgoblin 3

Liberty's Edge

”Toshiko” | Female CG Kitsune Swashbuckler (Flying Blade) 2 | HP 22/22 | AC 16, T 14, FF 12 | CMD 16 | F +2 R +7 W -1 (+3 vs. charms, compulsions) | Init +4 | Perc +4 | Speed 30ft | Panache 3/3 | Active Conditions: None

Toshiko moves back carefully [ooc[ 5 foot step[/ooc] and hurls a dagger at Dotty-Blue.

Dagger: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17 Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Grand Lodge

Female N Kitsune Cleric of Daikitsu 1/Primal Hunter 1 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | 17/17 hp | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +5| Init +2 | Percep +7 | CMD 14

Hiiragi groans as the goblins follow the sandstorm in. "So many..." she whispers, scanning her surroundings for a kitsune-style solution.

Finding not much of anything but dunes and shrubs as far as the eye can see, she decides it's time to call upon a higher power.

She takes a quick step back, then waves her arms in an open request.

"Daikitsu! Guide the blades of our skulk against those who would harm us!" she prays.

Bless! Please enjoy a +1 to attack!

The Exchange

active effects:
Male Kitsune Barbarian (urban) 1 / Cleric ('varisian' pilgrim) 1 | current AC 17 (18) T 13 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +6 R +3 W +3 | CMD 15 |Init +3 | Perc +5 | Rage 6/6 | Channel 4/4 | Grow 4/4 | Calm 4/4

Is 3hp damage still correct if I killed an incoming goblin on an AoO?

"Grrrr. Fool creatures, trying to steal from us!"

spear vs red goblin, controlled rage to STR, bless, crowd control: 1d20 + 3 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 3 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 17damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
bite vs purple goblin, secondary, rage, bless, crowd control: 1d20 + 2 - 5 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 2 - 5 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 20damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Full attack - Ikari is normally in human form in civilised lands, but has no reason to not be in kitsune form here

AoOs if triggered:

AoO1, spear, rage, bless: 1d20 + 3 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 3 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 26damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
AoO2, spear, rage, bless: 1d20 + 3 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 3 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 23damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
AoO3, spear, rage, bless: 1d20 + 3 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 12damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
AoO4, spear, rage, bless: 1d20 + 3 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 3 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 28damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

In the very unlikely event that the 4th AoO actually triggers: confirm crit?: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11extra damage: 2d8 + 8 ⇒ (1, 2) + 8 = 11

[ooc]Add +1 to hit for Crowd Control if Ikari is adjacent to at least 2 enemies when the attack is triggered.

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || ||The Prince of Augustana || Mosquito Witch ||

No, you'll only have taken 2 damage instead of 3 because you killed a goblin before it hit you. They all rolled so low damage though

Sovereign Court

N Male Kitsune Mesmerist (Vexing Daredevil) 1/Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) 1 | HP: 18/18 | AC: 17 T: 14 FF: 13 | CMB: 0, CMD: 14 | F: 1 R: 8 W: 2 | Init: 9 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None
Resources:
| Tricks: 5/5 | Mesmerist Spells: (1st): 2/2 | Panache: 3/4

Juzo oves back from the melee while keeping his eye on the purple goblin.

Hypnotic Stare on Purple. -2 to Will Saves and one attack does +1 damage each round (doesn't matter which.

Once in his new position he prepares to assist Itami in his casting having seen him weave a spell similarly in the past.

"We do have some things in common." he says as a faint melody is heard around the goblins some of the goblins.

Standard Action: Cast Lullaby within the area. DC14 Will Save to Negate or -5 to Perception and -2 to Will saves against Sleep effects. Lasts as long as I concentrate and 1 round after.

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || ||The Prince of Augustana || Mosquito Witch ||

will saves: 4d20 ⇒ (2, 10, 11, 5) = 28

All four of the goblins hear the lullaby and feel a little drowsy. Although two of them are quickly slain by Ikari before they even realize what's happening.

Toshiko's dagger spirals into a goblin, leaving him heavily wounded, but still alive.

One of the goblins tries to swing its weapon back at Ikari.
ikari: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

Meanwhile, two other goblins try to finish taking Kenta down.
kenta: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
kenta: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

But without the initial shock of their charge, these goblins prove to be quite ineffective in prolonged melee engagements.

Two of the hobgoblins fire their bows at Ikari.

Ikari: 1d20 + 2 - 4 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 2 - 4 - 4 = 4
Ikari: 1d20 + 2 - 4 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 2 - 4 - 4 = 12

But again, the melee chaos proves too much for their aim, so they drop their bows and begin moving to engage in melee.

Initiative Order, Bold May Go!
Map Slide
Goblin 2 Blue, -2hp
Goblin 5
Hobgoblin 1
Goblin 6
Itami, casting a spell
Kenta, -9 damage
Goblin 7 Dotty Blue, -4hp
Goblin 8
Hobgoblin 2
Goblin 9
Juzo
Ikari, -2 damage
Toshiko
Sinnoch
Hiiragi
Goblin 10
Hobgoblin 3

Dark Archive

Kitsune Sorcerer 3| HP: 17/17 | AC: 13 T: 13 FF: 10 CMD: 11 | F+2 R+4 W+4 +2 vs mind/poison | Init +3 | Perception +1, Low-Light Vision
Tracked Resources:
Spells: 1st 4/6; Vanishing 7/7; Magic Missile: 39/50; Infernal Healing 50/50

With Ikari's spear cutting goblins down left and right, Itami searches for a different set of goblins to put down. Fortunately, Kenta's cries of pain catch his attention. "There is much irony in this Kenta," Itami comments as he sends his blue wisps to swirl around the enemies assailing his fellow Agent. Years ago you would have been a target, yet now I am here saving you.

Backing away from the mass of foes, he draws his wand and fires a bolt at the goblin nearest Ikari.
________
Magic Missile vs Blue: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Thanks for the assist Juzo, but the area you debuffed became much less of a target rich environment by the time it got to my turn :/ Sleep on the blue area! Draw wand on the move, standard to magic missile.

Liberty's Edge

LG Male Kitsune Paladin 2 | Mods: Profane Aura, -1 to Hit and Saves, Bless | HP: 22/22| AC/Tch/FF 18/12/16 | CMD 16 | F/R/W +8/+5/+7 +7/+4/+6 | Speed 30ft (20ft in armor) | Smite Evil: 0/1, +1 Star Folio Re-Roll: 0/1 | LoH: 4/4, Dancing Lights: 3/3| Perc: +1 (LL), SM: +5 | Init: +2

In the pitch of battle with spears, swords and arrows flying all over Kenta pays no heed to Ikari's statement, though his memory may have cataloged it for later. Instead, he presses the attack confidently, hoping to take enough enemies down to cause them to flee, "GOOD WORK! They won't find easy targets in us!!!"

Full Attack or Single Attack, targets contingent upon the results of the sleep spell. If the goblins in Orange, Dotted Red, Dotted Blue, Yellow or Green stay conscious he will attack them in that order (some targets require him to take a 5-ft step). If they all fall asleep, he will move (losing his bite attack) up to engage the hobgoblins in Orange then Yellow. If ALL of those are asleep, he would 5-ft step over and attack Blue then Black.

Greatsword - Power Attack + Bless: 1d20 + 4 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 4 - 1 + 1 = 24 for Slashing + PA: 2d6 + 3 + 3 ⇒ (5, 6) + 3 + 3 = 17
Bite - Power Attack - Natural + Bless: 1d20 + 3 - 1 - 5 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 3 - 1 - 5 + 1 = 2 for BPS + PA: 1d4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 1 = 3

Crit Confirm Greatsword - Power Attack + Bless: 1d20 + 4 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 4 - 1 + 1 = 23 for Slashing + PA: 2d6 + 3 + 3 ⇒ (6, 6) + 3 + 3 = 18

Grand Lodge

Bardic Performance 7/10 rounds Kitsune Bard 2 |13/13 Hp | AC 15, T 13, FF 12 | Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +3 | Perception +4 |

The bard also begins calling out encouragement.

+1 To Hit/Damage/saves vs Charm & Fear; stacks with Bless

{1 of 8 rounds, 7 rounds remain}

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || ||The Prince of Augustana || Mosquito Witch ||

will saves: 4d20 ⇒ (9, 4, 1, 12) = 26

Four goblins pass out in the sand while Kenta literally destroys the goblin in front of him.

With many of the goblins sleeping or dead, the remainder of the force begins retreating.

Combat Over! unless you want to chase the goblins down.

Dark Archive

Kitsune Sorcerer 3| HP: 17/17 | AC: 13 T: 13 FF: 10 CMD: 11 | F+2 R+4 W+4 +2 vs mind/poison | Init +3 | Perception +1, Low-Light Vision
Tracked Resources:
Spells: 1st 4/6; Vanishing 7/7; Magic Missile: 39/50; Infernal Healing 50/50

"Easy enough," Itami mutters as the goblins flee with their tails between their legs. Getting back onto his camel, he proceeds to lie back down again and attempt to ward off the relentless sun. Now I understand why people carry around parasols. Not a thing you'd worry about in Nidal, but holy hell is it relevant out here!
________
Itami has got a wand of infernal healing, but I doubt y'all want it ;) lmk if you want it though.

Grand Lodge

Female N Kitsune Cleric of Daikitsu 1/Primal Hunter 1 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | 17/17 hp | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +5| Init +2 | Percep +7 | CMD 14

Hiiragi sends up a victory drizzle, then wanders over to Kenta. If someone offers a wand she can borrow, she uses it; otherwise, she entreats Daikitsu for healing.

Regardless, CLW! I'll let Kenta roll for it.

Liberty's Edge

LG Male Kitsune Paladin 2 | Mods: Profane Aura, -1 to Hit and Saves, Bless | HP: 22/22| AC/Tch/FF 18/12/16 | CMD 16 | F/R/W +8/+5/+7 +7/+4/+6 | Speed 30ft (20ft in armor) | Smite Evil: 0/1, +1 Star Folio Re-Roll: 0/1 | LoH: 4/4, Dancing Lights: 3/3| Perc: +1 (LL), SM: +5 | Init: +2

Kenta does not pursue the goblins, he simply looks at the sleeping ones with suspicion, "How long are they gonna be asleep?"

And not wasting any time with recovery, he pulls a small wooden stick and activates it a few times, mending his wounds. Best purchase I ever made... cause this armor ain't worth crap!

Wand CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9 47/50 charges remain

With that done, he puts the wand away, sticks the massive sword into the soft sand within reach and starts tying up the unconscious goblins.

Grand Lodge

Female N Kitsune Cleric of Daikitsu 1/Primal Hunter 1 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | 17/17 hp | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +5| Init +2 | Percep +7 | CMD 14

Hiiragi raises an eyebrow. "What is your plan with them? Are we trailing them behind us or just leaving them tied up in the desert?"

The Exchange

active effects:
Male Kitsune Barbarian (urban) 1 / Cleric ('varisian' pilgrim) 1 | current AC 17 (18) T 13 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +6 R +3 W +3 | CMD 15 |Init +3 | Perc +5 | Rage 6/6 | Channel 4/4 | Grow 4/4 | Calm 4/4

"They are bandits, thieves, and worse. Their intent was murderous. Better to kill them cleanly now..."

Ikari growls, spear point held over the prone goblins.

Won't kill them if anyone else wants to spare them, but Ikari sees no reason not to kill the goblins.

Liberty's Edge

LG Male Kitsune Paladin 2 | Mods: Profane Aura, -1 to Hit and Saves, Bless | HP: 22/22| AC/Tch/FF 18/12/16 | CMD 16 | F/R/W +8/+5/+7 +7/+4/+6 | Speed 30ft (20ft in armor) | Smite Evil: 0/1, +1 Star Folio Re-Roll: 0/1 | LoH: 4/4, Dancing Lights: 3/3| Perc: +1 (LL), SM: +5 | Init: +2

Kenta keeps working, "I was planning on giving us the chance to think about what to do without being forced into something when they wake up."

Grand Lodge

Female N Kitsune Cleric of Daikitsu 1/Primal Hunter 1 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | 17/17 hp | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +5| Init +2 | Percep +7 | CMD 14

Hiiragi's head bobs a bit from side to side at Kenta's words. "Fair enough. They did try to kill us unprompted, so I am not entirely opposed to just smashing their heads in," she says, spinning the head of her flail for emphasis.

"Of course, now that they're unconscious and tied up, that's a moral dilemma I think some might debate. Leaving them here is a death sentence unless their friends come back to check for survivors."

The Exchange

active effects:
Male Kitsune Barbarian (urban) 1 / Cleric ('varisian' pilgrim) 1 | current AC 17 (18) T 13 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +6 R +3 W +3 | CMD 15 |Init +3 | Perc +5 | Rage 6/6 | Channel 4/4 | Grow 4/4 | Calm 4/4

"These monsters aren't going to volunteer to mend their ways and turn to honest labour. There is no authority out here to turn them over to. Taking them with us is not an option. A quick, clean death is better than roasting under this sun."

Liberty's Edge

LG Male Kitsune Paladin 2 | Mods: Profane Aura, -1 to Hit and Saves, Bless | HP: 22/22| AC/Tch/FF 18/12/16 | CMD 16 | F/R/W +8/+5/+7 +7/+4/+6 | Speed 30ft (20ft in armor) | Smite Evil: 0/1, +1 Star Folio Re-Roll: 0/1 | LoH: 4/4, Dancing Lights: 3/3| Perc: +1 (LL), SM: +5 | Init: +2

Kenta thinks for a second, now that he actually has a bit of time to spin up the ole hamster wheel in his skull. Killing when attacked, got no issues with that and they were obviously acting of their own will at that moment. Killing a defenseless enemy whose allies have all fled, yeah I don't think that's right.

He speaks, "I say we just let them wake up and see if they flee. Their allies are obviously cowards when facing a decent threat, I expect they will do the same. If they are truly without a mind, they would attack instead of fleeing and we would know for sure and not have a concern slaying them." He looks at his allies, "I will stand guard over them in case they attack when they wake if none of you wish to take the risk."

He takes a cloth out and cleans the blood off his large sword, sheathing it. He pulls out a longsword instead and holds it one-handed and ready, preparing to untie the goblins as they wake to give them the option to flee, if his allies don't over-vote his planned course of action.

Grand Lodge

Female N Kitsune Cleric of Daikitsu 1/Primal Hunter 1 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | 17/17 hp | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +5| Init +2 | Percep +7 | CMD 14

"This works for me. Up, little goblin," she says, splashing the group of greenskins with water.

Sovereign Court

N Male Kitsune Mesmerist (Vexing Daredevil) 1/Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) 1 | HP: 18/18 | AC: 17 T: 14 FF: 13 | CMB: 0, CMD: 14 | F: 1 R: 8 W: 2 | Init: 9 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None
Resources:
| Tricks: 5/5 | Mesmerist Spells: (1st): 2/2 | Panache: 3/4

"They would likely flee the moment their haze dissipated just as the others did. I don't care either way as they are of no threat to us any longer, untie them or kill them and let's be off. They are already taking our time speaking about it." he says nudging one with his boot before heading back to the camels.

At the camels he spots Itami.

"Well, if we keep putting all of our enemies to sleep our companions are going to get restless." he jokes.

Dark Archive

Kitsune Sorcerer 3| HP: 17/17 | AC: 13 T: 13 FF: 10 CMD: 11 | F+2 R+4 W+4 +2 vs mind/poison | Init +3 | Perception +1, Low-Light Vision
Tracked Resources:
Spells: 1st 4/6; Vanishing 7/7; Magic Missile: 39/50; Infernal Healing 50/50

From the camels, Itami shouts back to the loiterers. "They're goblins, not abused orphans, kill them and let's go! There is no redemption or whatever pretentious ideal you pretend to adhere to within them. If they live, they'll harm others and it'll be your fault!"

Having said his peace and clearly a little strained from the effort of communicating over the distance, he puts his head back down. Did my part, I'll sleep fine.

The Exchange

active effects:
Male Kitsune Barbarian (urban) 1 / Cleric ('varisian' pilgrim) 1 | current AC 17 (18) T 13 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +6 R +3 W +3 | CMD 15 |Init +3 | Perc +5 | Rage 6/6 | Channel 4/4 | Grow 4/4 | Calm 4/4

"Releasing them only increases the likelihood of their attacking other honest merchants later... but I will not chase them into the desert if they flee."

Ikari puts his spear between the goblins and the caravan, ready to finish the goblins off should they fail to run for their lives.

Then he has another idea.

"Let's disarm them first, and take any potions or alchemical items they might carry."

He frisks the little monsters, and takes their blades from them.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
LG Male Kitsune Paladin 2 | Mods: Profane Aura, -1 to Hit and Saves, Bless | HP: 22/22| AC/Tch/FF 18/12/16 | CMD 16 | F/R/W +8/+5/+7 +7/+4/+6 | Speed 30ft (20ft in armor) | Smite Evil: 0/1, +1 Star Folio Re-Roll: 0/1 | LoH: 4/4, Dancing Lights: 3/3| Perc: +1 (LL), SM: +5 | Init: +2

Kenta agrees with Ikari's suggestion, "Smart."

He hollers back to the old man questioningly, "There is always redemption available, giving a being another chance to take it is never wrong. But I do not see how someone else's actions would be my responsibility, that is an odd idea." He turns to his allies with a grin, "If that were the case, I would be in quite a bit of trouble traveling with you all."

Something triggers in his memory, "Hey Itami, what did you mean by saying this is ironic? If I know that term correctly, that means you have done something like what happened to us? Are you an old reformed bandit? Or... maybe even a GOBLIN RAIDER IN DISGUISE?!?" His eyes go wide at the thought, staring and then squinting at the old human almost as if expecting Itami to reveal that he is actually two goblins standing on each other and hiding inside a robe.

His hamster wheel is really going today...

Grand Lodge

Bardic Performance 7/10 rounds Kitsune Bard 2 |13/13 Hp | AC 15, T 13, FF 12 | Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +3 | Perception +4 |
Kenta wrote:
Or... maybe even a GOBLIN RAIDER IN DISGUISE?!?

With a giggle, "Oh Kenta, that is probably not the case. Now, to the real problem at hand. Killing them in their sleep is murder. There is a line that separates us from them. This is exactly that line. Now that the battle is over, we still have our own morals to guide us. This does not make us responsible for what these ...heathens may do in the future. We can only be held accountable for the actions we take, and no others."

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female N Kitsune Cleric of Daikitsu 1/Primal Hunter 1 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | 17/17 hp | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +5| Init +2 | Percep +7 | CMD 14

Hiiragi nods. ”To give a more mercenary answer, we were given orders to bring this body across the desert.”

She ponders.

”Let’s leave them here. A trial by community—if their friends come back to retrieve them, they’ll live.”

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Kitsune Sorcerer 3| HP: 17/17 | AC: 13 T: 13 FF: 10 CMD: 11 | F+2 R+4 W+4 +2 vs mind/poison | Init +3 | Perception +1, Low-Light Vision
Tracked Resources:
Spells: 1st 4/6; Vanishing 7/7; Magic Missile: 39/50; Infernal Healing 50/50

I'm sure the loving children who will never know why they became orphans will feel the same way if they knew their parents' killers were permitted to live life freely after an assault, because of your ideals. What a shame. People will die, but at least their honor remains unblemished. Itami sighs deeply, but makes no further comment until Kenta's hamster wheel begins turning again!

"Your understanding of the word is correct," he grumbles. "Tonight, once prying eyes have gone to sleep, I shall share my story with you all, on the condition that you use that Paladin blessing of yours to determine I am not evil. Fair enough?" They've been traveling with me for quite some time, they deserve to know the truth of the danger my existence puts them in.


PFS Tracker Have Feedback? GM Ietsuna's Gm Feedback Form

Toshiko moves about collecting knives. Do you all have this happen to you a lot?

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || ||The Prince of Augustana || Mosquito Witch ||

While I'd love to give you your campfire story, you have a more pressing immediate concern.

The sandstorm tapers off and ceases a few minutes after the battle. You discover that while you successfully followed Hokama’s camels, the water merchant actually lost sight of the rest of the caravan, and they have now gone astray with no sign of the caravan in sight and with no real idea of where the Silken Way lies in this changed landscape of windblown dunes. The best you and Hokama can do is make your best guess at the trade route’s northwestern course and attempt to run across your compatriots.

Dark Archive

Kitsune Sorcerer 3| HP: 17/17 | AC: 13 T: 13 FF: 10 CMD: 11 | F+2 R+4 W+4 +2 vs mind/poison | Init +3 | Perception +1, Low-Light Vision
Tracked Resources:
Spells: 1st 4/6; Vanishing 7/7; Magic Missile: 39/50; Infernal Healing 50/50

"That could have gone better," Itami grumbles as this part of the caravan realizes their situation. "Are there any tracks? Unless we trek off on our own, that is going to be our best bet!"
________
Perception/Survival: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
GM, do you want perception or survival for track searching?

Liberty's Edge

LG Male Kitsune Paladin 2 | Mods: Profane Aura, -1 to Hit and Saves, Bless | HP: 22/22| AC/Tch/FF 18/12/16 | CMD 16 | F/R/W +8/+5/+7 +7/+4/+6 | Speed 30ft (20ft in armor) | Smite Evil: 0/1, +1 Star Folio Re-Roll: 0/1 | LoH: 4/4, Dancing Lights: 3/3| Perc: +1 (LL), SM: +5 | Init: +2

Kenta nods in understanding, ”I will look forward to your story.”

Then his brow furrows for a bit, ”but what do you mean by my Paladin blessing? You use many complicated words, I do not know what a Paladin is and other then the fortune I have had in my life I cannot think what my blessing would be.”

He also looks around to help the group find the trail again.

Survival/Perception Aid: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
N Male Kitsune Mesmerist (Vexing Daredevil) 1/Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) 1 | HP: 18/18 | AC: 17 T: 14 FF: 13 | CMB: 0, CMD: 14 | F: 1 R: 8 W: 2 | Init: 9 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None
Resources:
| Tricks: 5/5 | Mesmerist Spells: (1st): 2/2 | Panache: 3/4

Survival: 1d20 ⇒ 4

Juzo sighs trying to beat the heat more than look for the route they must find.

"Well, the caravan leader just lost any fake praise I was going to lay upon her."

Grand Lodge

Female N Kitsune Cleric of Daikitsu 1/Primal Hunter 1 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | 17/17 hp | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +5| Init +2 | Percep +7 | CMD 14

”I believe Itami suspects you may in fact be a holy warrior, and not just a warrior with good intentions,” explains Hiiragi. ”Thus, you may be something of a conduit for your divine patron. Have you noticed an uplifting in yourself since you started following your Lady? Beyond a simple morale boost, I mean?”

Hiiragi talks as they walk.

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || ||The Prince of Augustana || Mosquito Witch ||

You are unable to locate the caravan but do have one bit of success; just before nightfall you come across a fresh corpse half buried in the sand. The desert jackals have been at it, making it hard to identify until you dig it out a bit and recognize the richly embroidered Katheer vest it wears and the purple fez that is crumpled beneath it. It is the corpse of Mahmoud, weapons merchant and business partner of the Taldan knight, Gaspar du Mer. Any question of simple misadventure is dispelled by the curved khanjar dagger (worth 15 gp) that protrudes from Mahmoud’s back. It is recognizable as one of the pieces that he and Gaspar were carrying among their wares.

Dark Archive

Kitsune Sorcerer 3| HP: 17/17 | AC: 13 T: 13 FF: 10 CMD: 11 | F+2 R+4 W+4 +2 vs mind/poison | Init +3 | Perception +1, Low-Light Vision
Tracked Resources:
Spells: 1st 4/6; Vanishing 7/7; Magic Missile: 39/50; Infernal Healing 50/50

Itami stares for several moments at the withered corpse. "This will not end well for us. The right thing to do, as I'm sure some of you will assert, is for us to find the killer. However, producing a corpse and the murder weapon all conveniently after disappearing in a sandstorm is going to have many, likely the killer included, pointing fingers at us." With a groan, Itami rubs his eyes with two fingers. "I don't suppose any among us would prefer to leave this here for the buzzards?"

Grand Lodge

Female N Kitsune Cleric of Daikitsu 1/Primal Hunter 1 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | 17/17 hp | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +5| Init +2 | Percep +7 | CMD 14

The Dakitsun frowns as she observes the body.

"I think, as a group of strangers joining the caravan, and for all we know the last to return to the group, we're likely to get fingers pointed at us anyway-- especially the killer's," she points out. "Unless we want to split off from the group and definitely be labelled the murderers-- assuming we don't die in the desert-- maybe we should be up-front about this."

She also tilts her head toward Hokama. "Plus, he should vouch for us."

Liberty's Edge

”Toshiko” | Female CG Kitsune Swashbuckler (Flying Blade) 2 | HP 22/22 | AC 16, T 14, FF 12 | CMD 16 | F +2 R +7 W -1 (+3 vs. charms, compulsions) | Init +4 | Perc +4 | Speed 30ft | Panache 3/3 | Active Conditions: None

Being up front and honest never caused anyone to be wrongly accused Toshiko's voice drips sarcasm.

But I have no better ideas.

The Exchange

active effects:
Male Kitsune Barbarian (urban) 1 / Cleric ('varisian' pilgrim) 1 | current AC 17 (18) T 13 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +6 R +3 W +3 | CMD 15 |Init +3 | Perc +5 | Rage 6/6 | Channel 4/4 | Grow 4/4 | Calm 4/4

"No murderer would return with the body, and the evidence of their crime. Hopefully the rest of the caravan members are intelligent enough to know this. We should take Mamoud with us. And as this does not look like goblins' work, we should expect further trouble."

"Of course, this is a moot point if we cannot find the caravan again."

Sovereign Court

N Male Kitsune Mesmerist (Vexing Daredevil) 1/Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) 1 | HP: 18/18 | AC: 17 T: 14 FF: 13 | CMB: 0, CMD: 14 | F: 1 R: 8 W: 2 | Init: 9 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None
Resources:
| Tricks: 5/5 | Mesmerist Spells: (1st): 2/2 | Panache: 3/4

"Now, this should be interesting. I have talked others out of more damning situations so this shouldn't come to blows but I don't doubt our capabilities if it does. Enemies have tended to take naps around us for some reason." Juzo laughs brushing off the serious manner of situation they have found themselves in...and sweating through his gear from the miserable heat that he periodically complains about...loudly.

Grand Lodge

Female N Kitsune Cleric of Daikitsu 1/Primal Hunter 1 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | 17/17 hp | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +5| Init +2 | Percep +7 | CMD 14

Noticing the sweat running down Juzo’s armor, Hiiragi blasts him with a splash of water and a mischievous giggle.

Liberty's Edge

LG Male Kitsune Paladin 2 | Mods: Profane Aura, -1 to Hit and Saves, Bless | HP: 22/22| AC/Tch/FF 18/12/16 | CMD 16 | F/R/W +8/+5/+7 +7/+4/+6 | Speed 30ft (20ft in armor) | Smite Evil: 0/1, +1 Star Folio Re-Roll: 0/1 | LoH: 4/4, Dancing Lights: 3/3| Perc: +1 (LL), SM: +5 | Init: +2
Hiiragi wrote:

”I believe Itami suspects you may in fact be a holy warrior, and not just a warrior with good intentions,” explains Hiiragi. ”Thus, you may be something of a conduit for your divine patron. Have you noticed an uplifting in yourself since you started following your Lady? Beyond a simple morale boost, I mean?”

Hiiragi talks as they walk.

Kenta thinks for a moment before replying, "Well, I don't really know about uplifting. I've been working on so many things. Tips and tricks to help and free slaves. Combat training. Working on my... I think they called it 'self-steam', which is how good I feel about myself. My sponsor is trying to teach me how to feel for bad people, was that what Itami was asking about? I don't think he's bad, he hasn't done bad things, has he? I've payed pretty close attention to what we do."

_______________________________________________________________

Now

Kenta quickly checks the body for signs of life, though he knows it is fruitless. Looking back to his allies, he listens to their arguments and then pulls a blanket off his camel to carefully wrap the body, before hefting it up and tying it to the same camel. "Even if we don't bring the killer to justice, he should be returned to his family."

Grand Lodge

Bardic Performance 7/10 rounds Kitsune Bard 2 |13/13 Hp | AC 15, T 13, FF 12 | Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +3 | Perception +4 |

Onna's nose wrinkles a little. "Um...is it me, or are we jumping to conclusions here? It could be that he was killed after attacking someone else. Or perhaps the caravan was attacked and we was slain with his own weapon by brigands as a punishment in humiliation. All we have is a body with a fancy knife."


PFS Tracker Have Feedback? GM Ietsuna's Gm Feedback Form

Toshiko is starting to panic. So we are in the middle of the desert, with no idea which way to go? And we have a corpse to boot? I should have stayed on that tavern floor. She lifts her hip flask to her lips and makes a face. Great, now my flask is empty too.

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || ||The Prince of Augustana || Mosquito Witch ||

Continuing the railroad then.

Following you northwesterly heading, you reach the Zho Mountains near where the river Shat-al-Qadr flows through the Qadiran hinterlands all the way to Katheer itself. The Silken Way is known to pass through the Zho Mountains somewhere near the river, and Hokama recognizes a nearby peak that he knows to mark a secondary pass that connects to the Silken Way on the opposite side of the mountains.

The canyon you follow through the mountains opens onto a wider vale, and should connect to the main route of the Silken Way not many miles ahead. However, your attention is arrested by a breathtaking sight: one wall of the mountain valley is occupied by a massive monument. A natural prominence in the red- and brown-veined strata of the rock walls ahead has been sculpted on a grand scale into a gargantuan idol depicting a man seated in the lotus position with a tall, pointed crown on his head. Though the years have worn the features of this sculpture into a nearly smooth finish with cave openings where mouth and eyes should be, there are enough details of face and clothing remaining to recognize the distinctive Eastern features and garb that the statue once bore. An eerie, forlorn song floats on the breeze that brings to mind a sense of bonegnawing loneliness.

knowledge religion DC 10:

This is a very primitive and rare depiction of Irori.

You can investigate this shrine or simply continue past it.

The Exchange

active effects:
Male Kitsune Barbarian (urban) 1 / Cleric ('varisian' pilgrim) 1 | current AC 17 (18) T 13 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +6 R +3 W +3 | CMD 15 |Init +3 | Perc +5 | Rage 6/6 | Channel 4/4 | Grow 4/4 | Calm 4/4

know.religion untrained: 1d20 ⇒ 9

"What is this idol? Hiiragi?"

Grand Lodge

Female N Kitsune Cleric of Daikitsu 1/Primal Hunter 1 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | 17/17 hp | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +5| Init +2 | Percep +7 | CMD 14

Knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Hiiragi seems to recognize it fairly quickly. ”That’s Iro-Shu! Interesting to find a statue of him here; he is called Irori back in Absalom.”

101 to 150 of 356 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Zer0darkfire's 0-03 Murder on The Silken Caravan All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.