GM Zer0darkfire's 0-03 Murder on The Silken Caravan (Inactive)

Game Master zer0darkfire


251 to 300 of 356 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || ||The Prince of Augustana || Mosquito Witch ||

Sionnach wakes Kenta up with a well timed healing spell.

Itami fires another magic missile at the most injured harpy. She is bleeding heavily and breathing hard as she gets very close to blacking out.

Initiative Order, Bold May Go!
Map Slide
Juzo,
Harpy , -21hp (red)
Kenta, -6hp, prone
Itami
Sinnoch
Harpy 2, -10hp (blue)
Ikari, -17hp? unconscious and bleeding out at -2hp, stabilize check
Toshiko, -2hp
Hiiragi, -5hp

Liberty's Edge

LG Male Kitsune Paladin 2 | Mods: Profane Aura, -1 to Hit and Saves, Bless | HP: 22/22| AC/Tch/FF 18/12/16 | CMD 16 | F/R/W +8/+5/+7 +7/+4/+6 | Speed 30ft (20ft in armor) | Smite Evil: 0/1, +1 Star Folio Re-Roll: 0/1 | LoH: 4/4, Dancing Lights: 3/3| Perc: +1 (LL), SM: +5 | Init: +2

Kenta wakens with the smiling face of Onna above him. He sees the wand in her hand and pulls himself quickly to his feet, "Thank you ma'am, keep that thing handy though, it'll likely get some more use." He darts back into the fray with a yell, "TO BATTLE, FIENDS!!!" The divine fox focuses his attention on utterly destroying the Harpy standing in front of Toshiko, but keeping himself just out of Claw range of the second Harpy.

Stand as a Move, Move as a Move while drawing his Cold Iron Longsword, Swift to activate Smite Evil vs. Red. Current AC vs. Red is 19. Blue is still 16. Smite Evil 0/1 remain.

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || ||The Prince of Augustana || Mosquito Witch ||

Kenta pledges to rid the world of evil as he regains consciousness!

The blue harpy's closest enemy is Kenta, so she flies after him, swinging her morningstar.

morningstar, kenta: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16 of course its exactly your AC
damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
*CLONK*, Kenta's armored body gets smacked by another morningstar hit.

Initiative Order, Bold May Go!
Map Slide
Juzo,
Harpy , -21hp (red)
Kenta, -10hp, Smite red
Itami
Sinnoch
Harpy 2, -10hp (blue)
Ikari, -17hp? unconscious at -2hp, stable
Toshiko, -2hp
Hiiragi,
-5hp

Liberty's Edge

”Toshiko” | Female CG Kitsune Swashbuckler (Flying Blade) 2 | HP 22/22 | AC 16, T 14, FF 12 | CMD 16 | F +2 R +7 W -1 (+3 vs. charms, compulsions) | Init +4 | Perc +4 | Speed 30ft | Panache 3/3 | Active Conditions: None

Toshiko moves up to Ikari's prone body. She reaches down, grabs a handful of clothing and drags the body toward the exit.

I will provoke. I also have only moved 5 feet up. I have not moved away because I didn't know what rolls, distance etc you thought were fair.

Grand Lodge

Female N Kitsune Cleric of Daikitsu 1/Primal Hunter 1 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | 17/17 hp | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +5| Init +2 | Percep +7 | CMD 14

Hiiragi grabs her flail from off the floor, rising up to great size as she reaches her full stand.

Taking in a deep inhale, she leans herself forward and lets loose a screech.

Intimidate vs. Blue: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || ||The Prince of Augustana || Mosquito Witch ||

I'd say its a swift action to grab a handful of Ikari. It's slightly less work than picking up an item and only slightly more than changing your grip on a weapon. At strength 10, you can drag up to 500lbs at full speed, so you're fine there.

AoO Toshiko: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Toshiko gets whacked hard by one of the harpies while Hiiragi swears she hears some form of laughter from them at her intimidate attempt.

Forgot to bold you juzo, my bad
Initiative Order, Bold May Go!
Map Slide
Juzo,
Harpy , -21hp (red)
Kenta, -10hp, Smite red
Itami
Sinnoch
Harpy 2, -10hp (blue)
Ikari, -17hp? unconscious at -2hp, stable
Toshiko, -10hp
Hiiragi, -5hp

Sovereign Court

N Male Kitsune Mesmerist (Vexing Daredevil) 1/Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) 1 | HP: 18/18 | AC: 17 T: 14 FF: 13 | CMB: 0, CMD: 14 | F: 1 R: 8 W: 2 | Init: 9 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None
Resources:
| Tricks: 5/5 | Mesmerist Spells: (1st): 2/2 | Panache: 3/4

Juzo would rather flee and save his own hide but with a very deep sigh he quickly reloads his weapon to fire again.

Hand Crossbow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

"This has lost its entertainment value...quite some time ago. Back to you all smashing everything with ease." he says worriedly.

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || ||The Prince of Augustana || Mosquito Witch ||

Juzo fires another bolt, but the bolt bounces off of the harpies armor.

The red harpy swings at Kenta.

morningstar: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27 damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
morningstar: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22 damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Even with Kenta receiving divine aid, the harpy proves to be stronger as it knocks Kenta back down.

The harpy then steps over to Hiiragi and slashes at her with her talons.
talon: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
talon: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22 damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3

One of the talons cuts into Hiiragi, making her very wobbly.

Initiative Order, Bold May Go!
Map Slide
Juzo,
Harpy , -21hp (red)
Kenta, -16hp, Smite red, unconscious at -3, stabilize check
Itami
Sinnoch

Harpy 2, -10hp (blue)
Ikari, -17hp? unconscious at -2hp, stable
Toshiko, -10hp
Hiiragi, -8hp, staggered

Grand Lodge

Female Kitsune Bard 2 |13/13 Hp | AC 15, T 13, FF 12 | Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +3 | Perception +4 | Bardic Performance 9/10 rounds

"Well sister, it looks like the boys have left us behind. Let's patch you up and try to get save Kenta before its too late!" With that, Onna lightly taps Hiiragi with her wand.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Liberty's Edge

LG Male Kitsune Paladin 2 | Mods: Profane Aura, -1 to Hit and Saves, Bless | HP: 22/22| AC/Tch/FF 18/12/16 | CMD 16 | F/R/W +8/+5/+7 +7/+4/+6 | Speed 30ft (20ft in armor) | Smite Evil: 0/1, +1 Star Folio Re-Roll: 0/1 | LoH: 4/4, Dancing Lights: 3/3| Perc: +1 (LL), SM: +5 | Init: +2

Kenta, probably thankful for the quick healing but no way one could tell, remains unconscious.

Misread that post, whoops.

Stabilize DC 13: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Blood spurts from his wounds as the fox lays unconscious on the floor.

Dark Archive

Kitsune Sorcerer 3| HP: 17/17 | AC: 13 T: 13 FF: 10 CMD: 11 | F+2 R+4 W+4 +2 vs mind/poison | Init +3 | Perception +1, Low-Light Vision
Tracked Resources:
Spells: 1st 4/6; Vanishing 7/7; Magic Missile: 39/50; Infernal Healing 50/50

Persistent as ever, Itami continues to assail his foes, now certainly covered in the blood of his companions. We've proven our tenacity if anything, I suppose.
________
Magic Missile vs Red: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || ||The Prince of Augustana || Mosquito Witch ||

Red finally falls over, unconscious, but blue thinks she can still win this fight and believes that not winning leads to death for both of them anyway.

Seeing Hiiragi still standing, blue steps over and swings at her.
morningstar, hiiragi: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

The harpy knocks Hiiragi over the head and she passes back out.

Initiative Order, Bold May Go!
Map Slide
Juzo,
Kenta, -16hp, Smite red, unconscious at -3, stabilize check
Itami
Sinnoch

Harpy 2, -10hp (blue)
Ikari, -17hp unconscious at -2hp, stable
Toshiko, -10hp
Hiiragi
, -13hp, unconscious at -5, bleeding out, DC 15 stabilize con check

We can just say you win the scenario after this fight, right?

The Exchange

active effects:
Male Kitsune Barbarian (urban) 1 / Cleric ('varisian' pilgrim) 1 | current AC 17 (18) T 13 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +6 R +3 W +3 | CMD 15 |Init +3 | Perc +5 | Rage 6/6 | Channel 4/4 | Grow 4/4 | Calm 4/4

I think Hiiragi will get an AoO against the harpy - Hiiragi was healed for 2hp by Onna.

Liberty's Edge

”Toshiko” | Female CG Kitsune Swashbuckler (Flying Blade) 2 | HP 22/22 | AC 16, T 14, FF 12 | CMD 16 | F +2 R +7 W -1 (+3 vs. charms, compulsions) | Init +4 | Perc +4 | Speed 30ft | Panache 3/3 | Active Conditions: None

Looks like we are looking at 21-25 HP for the harpies.

Toshiko cannot get to Kenta so she tries to clear a path. She summons four lights and sends them rushing at the harpy hoping to daze or otherwise distract the creature.

Trying random stuff to try to get an advantage. Using dancing lights.

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || ||The Prince of Augustana || Mosquito Witch ||

The harpy took a 5ft step, so no AoO

Sovereign Court

N Male Kitsune Mesmerist (Vexing Daredevil) 1/Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) 1 | HP: 18/18 | AC: 17 T: 14 FF: 13 | CMB: 0, CMD: 14 | F: 1 R: 8 W: 2 | Init: 9 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None
Resources:
| Tricks: 5/5 | Mesmerist Spells: (1st): 2/2 | Panache: 3/4

Hand Crossbow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Feeling more confident as one harpy falls he fires on the other.

Grand Lodge

Female Kitsune Bard 2 |13/13 Hp | AC 15, T 13, FF 12 | Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +3 | Perception +4 | Bardic Performance 9/10 rounds

"Oh Heavens, this is not going well at all! Come now sister, don't leave us just yet. We still have much to do."

CLW vs Hiiragi: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Grand Lodge

Female N Kitsune Cleric of Daikitsu 1/Primal Hunter 1 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | 17/17 hp | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +5| Init +2 | Percep +7 | CMD 14

Hiiragi lets out a groan and picks herself up again. Eyeing the flail on the ground, she groans; no time to pick it up now that they're cornered.

"Very well; my people have a noted fondness for fowl, after all," she says, closing range with the harpy by growing again.

Bite Defensively: 1d20 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 1 - 4 = -1

AC temporarily 20... hoping it helps!

Liberty's Edge

LG Male Kitsune Paladin 2 | Mods: Profane Aura, -1 to Hit and Saves, Bless | HP: 22/22| AC/Tch/FF 18/12/16 | CMD 16 | F/R/W +8/+5/+7 +7/+4/+6 | Speed 30ft (20ft in armor) | Smite Evil: 0/1, +1 Star Folio Re-Roll: 0/1 | LoH: 4/4, Dancing Lights: 3/3| Perc: +1 (LL), SM: +5 | Init: +2

Stabilize DC 13: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

*Spurt... Spurt*

Edit to add reroll, no clue how long this will take, 0/1 remain.

Stabilize DC 13 Reroll + 1 GM Star: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 2 + 1 = 19

Dark Archive

Kitsune Sorcerer 3| HP: 17/17 | AC: 13 T: 13 FF: 10 CMD: 11 | F+2 R+4 W+4 +2 vs mind/poison | Init +3 | Perception +1, Low-Light Vision
Tracked Resources:
Spells: 1st 4/6; Vanishing 7/7; Magic Missile: 39/50; Infernal Healing 50/50

”Justice” must be served, no matter the consequences, evidently. Reliably, Itami begins his barrage anew at the remaining Harpy.
________
Magic Missile vs Harpy: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || ||The Prince of Augustana || Mosquito Witch ||

will save vs dancing lights for dazzled: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Juzo's bolt strikes one of the harpies wings while Itmai's magic missile hammers it home.

The harpy ignores the magical lights and tries to swing at Hiiragi again, getting very annoyed that she keeps getting back up.

Morningstar vs Hiiragi: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22 damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Morningstar vs Hiiragi: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
talon vs Hiiragi: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
talon vs Hiiragi: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Initiative Order, Bold May Go!
Map Slide
Juzo,
Kenta, -16hp, Stable
Itami
Sinnoch

Harpy 2, -17hp (blue)
Ikari, -17hp unconscious at -2hp, stable
Toshiko, -10hp
Hiiragi, -7hp

Grand Lodge

Female Kitsune Bard 2 |13/13 Hp | AC 15, T 13, FF 12 | Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +3 | Perception +4 | Bardic Performance 9/10 rounds

Hoping to stem the tide of blood, Onna taps Hiiragi once again. She calls out to the unconscious paladin, "Hang in there Kenta, we're coming!" She then leans over and scoops up Hiiragi's flail off of the ground.

CLW vs Hiiragi: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

The plan is to hand Hiiragi her weapon so she does not have to spend a round or accept an AoO to retrieve it. Move action for me to pick it up, can I pop it in her hand as a swift action? Or maybe a move action next round?

Grand Lodge

Female N Kitsune Cleric of Daikitsu 1/Primal Hunter 1 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | 17/17 hp | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +5| Init +2 | Percep +7 | CMD 14

Hiiragi shrinks away from the harpy, reaches behind her, and grins as Onna slaps the flail into her hand.

"Daikitsu bless you, Onna," she says, very thankful for the bard in her corner.

With that, she and her flail grow back to enormous size.

Big Big Flail Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Big Big Flail Damage: 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (2, 7) + 3 = 12

Liberty's Edge

”Toshiko” | Female CG Kitsune Swashbuckler (Flying Blade) 2 | HP 22/22 | AC 16, T 14, FF 12 | CMD 16 | F +2 R +7 W -1 (+3 vs. charms, compulsions) | Init +4 | Perc +4 | Speed 30ft | Panache 3/3 | Active Conditions: None

Toshiko whips out a dagger and hurls it at the harpy.

Dagger: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12 Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

I am using my shirt re-roll.

Dagger reroll, 2 stars: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 6 + 2 = 20

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || ||The Prince of Augustana || Mosquito Witch ||

Well, Toshiko, you go before Hiiragi, but keep your reroll anyway/

Hiiragi whacks the harpy into unconsciousness!

Combat Over!

Ikari, -17hp unconscious at -2hp, stable
Toshiko, -10hp
Hiiragi, -7hp
Kenta, -16hp, Stable

Liberty's Edge

”Toshiko” | Female CG Kitsune Swashbuckler (Flying Blade) 2 | HP 22/22 | AC 16, T 14, FF 12 | CMD 16 | F +2 R +7 W -1 (+3 vs. charms, compulsions) | Init +4 | Perc +4 | Speed 30ft | Panache 3/3 | Active Conditions: None

Toshiko opens her pack and begins rifling through it. Nope, no healing potions here, only this wand. She raises her wand of cure light wounds. Can anyone use it? I don't know how it works.

Grand Lodge

Female N Kitsune Cleric of Daikitsu 1/Primal Hunter 1 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | 17/17 hp | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +5| Init +2 | Percep +7 | CMD 14

”Keep your wand, friend,” says Hiiragi; disheveled and exhausted, she limps back to her friends, leaning on her flail as she goes. Once they are all a safe distance from the harpies, she stands over the fallen.

”O Blessed Daikitsu; my community is wounded. May Your healing fall upon us like a rainstorm breaks the drought!”

Channel Positive: 3d6 ⇒ (4, 4, 5) = 13

Liberty's Edge

”Toshiko” | Female CG Kitsune Swashbuckler (Flying Blade) 2 | HP 22/22 | AC 16, T 14, FF 12 | CMD 16 | F +2 R +7 W -1 (+3 vs. charms, compulsions) | Init +4 | Perc +4 | Speed 30ft | Panache 3/3 | Active Conditions: None

The light of Daikitsu washes over Toshiko and her wounds close. That is a neat trick there. She wanders around the cavern looking for her daggers.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Grand Lodge

Female Kitsune Bard 2 |13/13 Hp | AC 15, T 13, FF 12 | Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +3 | Perception +4 | Bardic Performance 9/10 rounds

"Was that quite a bit more engaging than anyone else thought it would be?"

Wow! That was a tough fight. Nice work guys. A real team effort.

Liberty's Edge

LG Male Kitsune Paladin 2 | Mods: Profane Aura, -1 to Hit and Saves, Bless | HP: 22/22| AC/Tch/FF 18/12/16 | CMD 16 | F/R/W +8/+5/+7 +7/+4/+6 | Speed 30ft (20ft in armor) | Smite Evil: 0/1, +1 Star Folio Re-Roll: 0/1 | LoH: 4/4, Dancing Lights: 3/3| Perc: +1 (LL), SM: +5 | Init: +2

Kenta, chasing the shiny orbs of light, is wrenched out of daydream by the feel of something... something that is not quite good and not quite bad, but still... familiar. He opens his eyes and sees the roof of a cave with light flickering nearby.

Jumping to his feet he pulls out yet another longsword, waving it around, "WHERE ARE THEY!"

It takes a few moments for his adrenaline to fade and allow him to look around, "Oh, well good work taking those devils down." He looks down at the mostly healed wounds, noting a few nasty bruises and one large cut still showing exposed muscle, "Great, more scars." Pulling a wand, he quickly taps into his growing faith as he was taught and the healing energy is released, stitching up the wound slowly. He picks up and sheathes all his dropped weapons.

Used a charge from his wand of CLW for 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 healing, 46/50 left.

He goes about collecting the stolen items as evidence, packing it up into a sack. He looks at the Harpies, Don't devils disappear after we win? There is so much I still don't know, but everyone else seems to think this is normal so I guess I just won't bring it up.

Heading to the mouth of the cave, he lowers down the sack with a rope and then carefully climbs down, using the same way he came up. Take 10 for 12

Dark Archive

Kitsune Sorcerer 3| HP: 17/17 | AC: 13 T: 13 FF: 10 CMD: 11 | F+2 R+4 W+4 +2 vs mind/poison | Init +3 | Perception +1, Low-Light Vision
Tracked Resources:
Spells: 1st 4/6; Vanishing 7/7; Magic Missile: 39/50; Infernal Healing 50/50

”Hope that sated our holy bloodlust. Once we’ve looted their home, let’s be on our way,” Itami grumbles before making his way back to the camels.

The Exchange

active effects:
Male Kitsune Barbarian (urban) 1 / Cleric ('varisian' pilgrim) 1 | current AC 17 (18) T 13 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +6 R +3 W +3 | CMD 15 |Init +3 | Perc +5 | Rage 6/6 | Channel 4/4 | Grow 4/4 | Calm 4/4

Ikari regains consciousness. "The harpies?! What happened?"

He springs to his feet, surprised to find his wounds mostly healed.

"Damnit. We overestimated our strength, and underestimated theirs. I won't make that mistake twice! Do we have everything, and everyone? Let us be on our way.

Madam Hiiragi, I think it best if you employ one of my scrolls on me now. Just in case."

I'll roll. cure light wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || ||The Prince of Augustana || Mosquito Witch ||

Reminder about what the loot was: Hidden among the detritus of the harpies’ cave are a scattering of 245 sp and a small teakwood chest worth 20 gp. Within are 40 gp, a map of the nearby Silken Way where it passes through the Zho Mountains (with Gaspar’s personal seal on it), and a bejeweled masterwork kukri worth 400 gp recognizable as part of Gaspar and Mahmoud’s weapon shipment.

The next day!

Following the Kamawgyar Shrine trail, you soon reach the main route of the Silken Way as it leaves the western flank of the Zho Mountains.

The smell of water in the air as you leave the mountain pass indicates that the Shat-al-Qadr River runs somewhere nearby. You have found your heading again. As you round a final talus slope, you discover something altogether unexpected. The very caravan you have sought waits before you, the merchants and drovers kneeling with their arms bound behind their backs and the camels clustered nearby. Among these captives walk a dozen or so armed warriors wrapped in the dark robes and helms of the desert bandits you fought before. Standing with his back to you, not ten feet away, is the armored form of the Taldan knight, Gaspar du Mer. He holds his wide-bladed sword in one hand and clutches the tied arms of the caravan mistress Jamila al-Shafah with the other as he shouts orders to the brigands.

Grand Lodge

Female N Kitsune Cleric of Daikitsu 1/Primal Hunter 1 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | 17/17 hp | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +5| Init +2 | Percep +7 | CMD 14

Hiiragi groans. "At least we would have died near the cargo. I am not certain the Society would have put resources to retrieving us otherwise," she says.

When they're back on their camels, she gets hers astride the unwitting Paladin's.

"Dear Kenta, I do worry that you have perhaps too little attachment to your own fur. It is luck more than anything that kept us from being a harpy buffet, I will admit; I do not have the combat experience nor the favor of Daikitsu enough to have defeated the harpy I was matched with, even with dear Onna's help. We must grow more selective with our battles... even when it may sting," she chides.

------------------------------------------

GM Zer0darkfire wrote:
The very caravan you have sought waits before you, the merchants and drovers kneeling with their arms bound behind their backs and the camels clustered nearby. Among these captives walk a dozen or so armed warriors wrapped in the dark robes and helms of the desert bandits you fought before. Standing with his back to you, not ten feet away, is the armored form of the Taldan knight, Gaspar du Mer. He holds his wide-bladed sword in one hand and clutches the tied arms of the caravan mistress Jamila al-Shafah with the other as he shouts orders to the brigands.

Hiiragi grimaces at the sight; this will be tricky to navigate.

Grand Lodge

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Female Kitsune Bard 2 |13/13 Hp | AC 15, T 13, FF 12 | Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +3 | Perception +4 | Bardic Performance 9/10 rounds

Onna, still in Mahmoud's form, begins her tirade, "All the desert sands trapped in my shoes and I find the lot of you just sitting around? I may not remember much, but I thought I was at least a worth searching for. Fortunately for me, these Pathfinders found me after the sand storm and nursed me back to health. They said I was stabbed. If it weren't for them, I dare say I would still be out there in the dunes."

She waits a moment, "Gaspar, is that you man? Thank the gods. Allow me a bit of your canteen please. It has been some time since I have had a sip, and my lips feel as if they may crack right from my face! Seriously man, how could you, of all people, just leave me out there? Packs of jackals, hordes of bandits and the sun burnt sand don't hurt as much as realizing YOU never came back for me!"

Disguise {Impersonate}: 1d20 + 8 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 8 + 10 = 27
Bluff: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25

Description of Mahmoud wrote:
He is a few years younger than Gaspar and is prone to sudden explosions of hyperbole and feigned indignation when in a disagreement due his lifetime spent haggling in the bazaars.

Liberty's Edge

LG Male Kitsune Paladin 2 | Mods: Profane Aura, -1 to Hit and Saves, Bless | HP: 22/22| AC/Tch/FF 18/12/16 | CMD 16 | F/R/W +8/+5/+7 +7/+4/+6 | Speed 30ft (20ft in armor) | Smite Evil: 0/1, +1 Star Folio Re-Roll: 0/1 | LoH: 4/4, Dancing Lights: 3/3| Perc: +1 (LL), SM: +5 | Init: +2

Kenta thinks for a moment then replies, "My lodge leader always says, 'The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good beings to do nothing.' It took me a while to figure out what that meant, but now I think I understand. I don't ask any of you to act when I do or even continue to travel with me after this mission, but I just simply can't stand by when I have the chance to act. I did give them the chance to surrender, I'm not heartless."

__________________________________________________________

Kenta pulls his massive sword when he sees the merchants and others tied up, BANDITS! I NEED TO.... He holds his action, waiting to see how Onna handles things, She must have a plan.

Dark Archive

Kitsune Sorcerer 3| HP: 17/17 | AC: 13 T: 13 FF: 10 CMD: 11 | F+2 R+4 W+4 +2 vs mind/poison | Init +3 | Perception +1, Low-Light Vision
Tracked Resources:
Spells: 1st 4/6; Vanishing 7/7; Magic Missile: 39/50; Infernal Healing 50/50

Won't be the first self-righteous warrior who dies an early, wasteful death. Itami shakes his head at the headstrong Kitsune.

With the brigands in sight, he holds the map and dagger in his hands, just in case Onna needs proof of her identity. Now this is clever...

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || ||The Prince of Augustana || Mosquito Witch ||

Alright, let me put my big brain to the creative outcome of Sionnach's trickery. Let's see, if we assume that Gaspar murdered Mahmoud, which he did, I'll need to figure out why, because the scenario doesn't say. My best guess is that Gaspar wanted to steal Mahmoud's goods to sell himself. With Mahmoud alive, this makes that action tricky, as Gaspar cannot take rightful ownership of the goods. With more days of travel left, it's likely that Gaspar would bide his time to try and kill Mahmoud again, however the current circumstances aren't likely to get him very far in that plan. So, if we break it down, Gaspar killed a man to steal his wagon of goods, then took the rest of the caravan hostage. You walk into the scene of Gaspar clearly holding everyone hostage, with the man he thought he killed, how should he respond? Well, he can't rely on trickery in this case, so he'll have to choose the same response you choose to being ambushed, strike back against the opposing force as swiftly as possible to deny the enemy their advantage.

Gaspar and his twenty seven hobgoblins all look at you with surprise for a moment before Gaspar yells, "To arms! Kill them quickly!"

At the same time, Jamila notices your arrival and immediately reacts by activating her ring of djinni calling and commanding the djinni to attack the bandits. The startled Gaspar releases Jamila, giving her the opportunity to flee to the nearby rocks to try and escape her bonds. Jamila's djinni is keeping seventeen of the hobgoblins busy, leaving Gaspar and ten of the hobgoblins to you.

initiatives:

Hiiragi: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Ikari: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Itami: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Juzo: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
Kenta: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Sinnoch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Toshiko: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
enemies: 10d20 ⇒ (5, 17, 11, 19, 13, 3, 7, 17, 11, 2) = 105
gaspar: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

Gaspar drinks a potion and calls out to the group "You're outnumbered Pathfinders! I offer your party a challenge, a duel! Select one of your team to fight me. If I win, you give me Mahmoud and I'll let the rest of you go."

If you ask him what happens if you win, he laughs, "Hah! I highly doubt that...if you win, you can put me in shackles and take me to be executed, my...army, will disband as well."

One of you can choose to accept a 1v1 duel with Gaspar or we can move to mass combat!

This is just for if we go to mass combat instead of a 1v1.
Initiative Order, Bold May Go!
Map Slide
Hobgoblin 1, red
Gaspar
Itami
Hobgoblin 2, blue
Hobgoblin 3, orange
Kenta
Toshiko
Toshiko
Juzo
Hobgoblin 4, yellow
Hiiragi
Hobgoblin 5, green
Hobgoblin 6, upside down red
Ikari
Hobgoblin 7, upside down blue
Hobgoblin 8, upside down orange
Hobgoblin 9, upside down yellow
Hobgoblin 10, upside down green

The Exchange

active effects:
Male Kitsune Barbarian (urban) 1 / Cleric ('varisian' pilgrim) 1 | current AC 17 (18) T 13 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +6 R +3 W +3 | CMD 15 |Init +3 | Perc +5 | Rage 6/6 | Channel 4/4 | Grow 4/4 | Calm 4/4

Ikari looks to his allies, his gaze lingering on Kenta a moment.

sylvan:
We could accept his challenge, then deceive him and rush him, try to kill him off before his goblins realise what's happening.

Combar Reflexes AoOs if we go to mass combat:

AoO 1, branched spear: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 3 + 2 = 14damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
AoO 2, branched spear: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 2 = 11damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
AoO 3, branched spear: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 2 = 11damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
AoO 4, branched spear: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 2 = 11damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Possibly add +1 to hit and damage if Sionnach has started Inspire Courage

Grand Lodge

Female N Kitsune Cleric of Daikitsu 1/Primal Hunter 1 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | 17/17 hp | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +5| Init +2 | Percep +7 | CMD 14

Sylvan:
”I doubt he extended the courtesy of such a duel before stabbing his friend in the back; I’m on board with this plan.”

She twangs her bowstring patiently.

Liberty's Edge

LG Male Kitsune Paladin 2 | Mods: Profane Aura, -1 to Hit and Saves, Bless | HP: 22/22| AC/Tch/FF 18/12/16 | CMD 16 | F/R/W +8/+5/+7 +7/+4/+6 | Speed 30ft (20ft in armor) | Smite Evil: 0/1, +1 Star Folio Re-Roll: 0/1 | LoH: 4/4, Dancing Lights: 3/3| Perc: +1 (LL), SM: +5 | Init: +2

Gotta go to dinner, but want to get you all Kenta's thoughts. He might have accepted the challenge but the wise cleric's words are echoing in his mind about being smarter about things. Plus he realize the losing condition is not an acceptable deal, so he can't agree to the deal at all. He says as much of that as needed in Sylvan if necessary.

The Exchange

active effects:
Male Kitsune Barbarian (urban) 1 / Cleric ('varisian' pilgrim) 1 | current AC 17 (18) T 13 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +6 R +3 W +3 | CMD 15 |Init +3 | Perc +5 | Rage 6/6 | Channel 4/4 | Grow 4/4 | Calm 4/4

sylvan:
I'll take the duel then Kenta. Everyone, get ready to rush him.

"I will take your duel, Gaspar. Here, I draw a line in the sand. Step forwards. We fight on foot, in melee. I will accept your surrender when you offer it."

Ikari enters a controlled rage and steps forwards, spear at the ready.

Itami if you can hit with a Ray of Enfeeblement that might be good. Big Hiiragi smash also welcome ;) I'm hoping if we drop Gaspard the hobgoblins will flee or surrender.

Grand Lodge

Female N Kitsune Cleric of Daikitsu 1/Primal Hunter 1 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | 17/17 hp | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +5| Init +2 | Percep +7 | CMD 14

GM, may we ready actions?

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Kitsune Bard 2 |13/13 Hp | AC 15, T 13, FF 12 | Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +3 | Perception +4 | Bardic Performance 9/10 rounds

"Gaspar, it was you? I am so disappointed. Well, I guess after all the times I've bedded your wife, it was to be expected. Say, have you ever noticed how all of your kids have my eyes? Why do you think that is? You're really nothing more than a cuckold traipsing through the desert in some grand delusion of being a general..." Mahmoud points to the gathered hobgoblins, "to those tick-ridden curs! Why man, they are not even human. How far you have fallen. Well, have no worries, I will step up and 'fill' every need in your household while your corpse rots out here."

Mahmoud spins back to the Pathfinders, "What is all the sing-songing you are doing? Well, no bother. Just step up and deal with him. If he fights as well as he barters, you will fare rather well. He's rather pisspoor with a blade for a weapons dealer."

Going for "demoralize" here. DC = 10 + Hit Dice + Will
Intimidate: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

Mahmoud will then 'cheer' for all the allies, including the djinni.
Inspire Courage: Round 3 of 8. 5 rounds remain.
+1 to hit/damage/saves vs Charm & Fear

Sovereign Court

N Male Kitsune Mesmerist (Vexing Daredevil) 1/Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) 1 | HP: 18/18 | AC: 17 T: 14 FF: 13 | CMB: 0, CMD: 14 | F: 1 R: 8 W: 2 | Init: 9 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None
Resources:
| Tricks: 5/5 | Mesmerist Spells: (1st): 2/2 | Panache: 3/4

Earlier...

"I don't like thinking about any death including myself...next time let us not fight everything that we come across." he says unscathed but shaken by the experience.

---

When they come upon the caravan...the sigh released by Juzo would be enough to blow down a sand dune.

"This certainly has to go better than the last ordeal. Bandits are an enterprising bunch that we can work something out...at least till things are more in our favor." he muses while Onna works.

After hearing the offer he smiles knowing that at least it will only be at max two of them leaving the mortal plane till the plan is hatched at least which leaves him lack jawed.

Sylvan:

"Tempting fate once was not enough? Well, it cannot be helped and I do not want to be on the side of those stinking brutes...the wind is carrying directly over here."

Juzo begins to watch Gaspar playing with his mind.
Hypnotic Stare/Painful Stare active on Gaspar.

He then begins centering his emotion preparing a spell for the hobgoblins.
Casting Sleep.

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || ||The Prince of Augustana || Mosquito Witch ||

Gaspar and Ikari take their places in a circle formed by the kitsune and hobgoblins.

Gaspar acts first in the duel, he draws his bastard sword and shield and swings it at Ikari (not counting you as flat-footed here).

bastard sword, ikari: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

Ikari dodges the blow and as he does so, a blast of wind from the djinni knocks out 5 of the hobgoblins, which Gaspar ignores to focus on Ikari.

Initiative Order, Bold May Go!
Map Slide
Hobgoblin 1, red
Gaspar
Ikari
Itami

Hobgoblin 2, blue
Hobgoblin 3, orange
Kenta
Toshiko
Toshiko
Juzo
Hobgoblin 4, yellow
Hiiragi
Hobgoblin 5, green

The Exchange

active effects:
Male Kitsune Barbarian (urban) 1 / Cleric ('varisian' pilgrim) 1 | current AC 17 (18) T 13 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +6 R +3 W +3 | CMD 15 |Init +3 | Perc +5 | Rage 6/6 | Channel 4/4 | Grow 4/4 | Calm 4/4

I think I can take an AoO against Gaspar with my spear?

AoO, rage, bard: 1d20 + 3 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 3 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 17damage: 1d8 + 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 + 2 + 1 = 11

Ikari snarls and snaps at Gaspar, before stepping back and employing his spear again.

bite vs Gaspar, secondary, rage, bard: 1d20 + 2 - 5 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 2 - 5 + 2 + 1 = 1damage: 1d4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 1 = 6

spear vs Gaspar, rage, bard: 1d20 + 3 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 3 + 2 + 1 = 23damage: 1d8 + 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 2 + 1 = 5

"You are a thief and a coward! You will be served just rewards for your crimes today, Gaspar."

Grand Lodge

Female Kitsune Bard 2 |13/13 Hp | AC 15, T 13, FF 12 | Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +3 | Perception +4 | Bardic Performance 9/10 rounds

Just wondering if I was successful in my attempt to Demoralize Gaspar before the fight, or was that considered my action for Round 1 and will resolve on my initiative?

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || ||The Prince of Augustana || Mosquito Witch ||

I just missed it. You succeeded before combat started.

Dark Archive

Kitsune Sorcerer 3| HP: 17/17 | AC: 13 T: 13 FF: 10 CMD: 11 | F+2 R+4 W+4 +2 vs mind/poison | Init +3 | Perception +1, Low-Light Vision
Tracked Resources:
Spells: 1st 4/6; Vanishing 7/7; Magic Missile: 39/50; Infernal Healing 50/50

Following the plan, Itami fires off a dark ray of coruscating energy at Gaspar, before heading straight for the back of the group. No sense being the easiest target around!
________
Ray of Enfeeblement vs Gaspar (Touch): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 121d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Well that was trash. DC 15 Fort for half str penalty.

251 to 300 of 356 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Zer0darkfire's 0-03 Murder on The Silken Caravan All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.