GM Zer0darkfire's 0-03 Murder on The Silken Caravan (Inactive)

Game Master zer0darkfire


301 to 350 of 356 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || || Witchwar Legacy ||

Ray of enfeeblement can be such a brutal spell if you roll high on the penalty.

fort save: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11 Haha, wow, what a fort save!

Itami fires a sickly ray at Gaspar, easily hitting him and draining his strength.

Seeing this outcome, the hobgoblins rush to fight the rest of you, swinging their scimitars around wildly. "Cheaters! And I thought you had honor!" Gaspar yells to the rest of you.

blue on Kenta: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21 confirmation: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Kenta damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
red on Hiiragi: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
orange on Hiiragi: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21 confirmation: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Hiiragi damage: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (2, 3) + 2 = 7

Kenta and Hiiragi get hit in nearly vital areas, but they both manage to avoid the worst of the cuts.

Initiative Order, Bold May Go!
Map Slide
Gaspar, -2STR
Ikari
Itami
Hobgoblin 1, red
Hobgoblin 2, blue
Hobgoblin 3, orange
Kenta, -7hp damage
Toshiko
Toshiko
Juzo

Hobgoblin 4, yellow
Hiiragi, -7hp damage
Hobgoblin 5, green

Grand Lodge

Bardic Performance 8/10 rounds Kitsune Bard 2 |13/13 Hp | AC 17, T 13, FF 12 | Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +3 | Perception +4 |
Gaspar wrote:
And I thought you had honor!

"Says the man who stabbed his partner in the back!"

I am not on the initiative tracker

Just a reminder that Inspire Courage is still up and running!

Grand Lodge

Female N Kitsune Cleric of Daikitsu 1/Primal Hunter 1 | AC 18 (16 while Enlarged+Raging), T 12, FF 16 | 17/17 hp | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +5| Init +2 | Percep +7 | CMD 14

And Toshiko is on there twice! Onna, how good are you at throwing knives while intoxicated?

Grand Lodge

Bardic Performance 8/10 rounds Kitsune Bard 2 |13/13 Hp | AC 17, T 13, FF 12 | Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +3 | Perception +4 |

Depends on the drink. Why? What do you have in mind?

Grand Lodge

Female N Kitsune Cleric of Daikitsu 1/Primal Hunter 1 | AC 18 (16 while Enlarged+Raging), T 12, FF 16 | 17/17 hp | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +5| Init +2 | Percep +7 | CMD 14

Well, if you're not in the order and Toshi's up twice, maybe an impersonation is in order! I'm sure she'll share the excess :P

Liberty's Edge

LG Male Kitsune Paladin 2 | Mods: NA | HP: 22/22| AC/Tch/FF 18/12/16 | CMD 16 | F/R/W +9/+6/+8 | Speed 30ft (20ft in armor) | Smite Evil: 1/1, +1 Star Folio Re-Roll: 1/1 | LoH: 4/4, Dancing Lights: 3/3| Perc: +1 (LL), SM: +5 | Init: +2

Kenta unleashes sword and snap, slashing and biting at the hobbo in front of him. ”Unlucky for you, I’m used to pain and it doesn’t even slow me down!”

Greatsword - Power Attack + IC: 1d20 + 4 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 4 - 1 + 1 = 18 for Slashing + PA + IC: 2d6 + 3 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (2, 1) + 3 + 3 + 1 = 10

Bite - Power Attack - Natural + IC: 1d20 + 3 - 1 - 5 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 3 - 1 - 5 + 1 = 12 for BPS + PA: 1d4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 1 = 4

Grand Lodge

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Female N Kitsune Cleric of Daikitsu 1/Primal Hunter 1 | AC 18 (16 while Enlarged+Raging), T 12, FF 16 | 17/17 hp | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +5| Init +2 | Percep +7 | CMD 14
Kenta Faux wrote:
”Unlucky for you, I’m used to pain--"

"He really is!"

Kenta Faux wrote:
”and it doesn’t even slow me down!”

"Jury's still out on that one!"

Liberty's Edge

”Toshiko” | Female CG Kitsune Swashbuckler (Flying Blade) 2 | HP 20/22 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 | CMD 16 | F +3 R +8 W +0 (+3 vs. charms, compulsions) | Init +4 | Perc +4 | Speed 30ft | Panache 3/3 | Active Conditions: None

Tashiko moves slightly 5 foot step draws a dagger and flicks it at Green.

Dagger: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20 Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Sovereign Court

N Male Kitsune Mesmerist (Vexing Daredevil) 1/Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) 1 | HP: 18/18 | AC: 17 T: 14 FF: 13 | CMB: 0, CMD: 14 | F: 1 R: 8 W: 2 | Init: 9 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None
Resources:
| Tricks: 5/5 | Mesmerist Spells: (1st): 2/2 | Panache: 3/4

If I didn't get to start my cast of Sleep before the battle I start now.

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || || Witchwar Legacy ||

Shoot, Sionnach, you're supposed to be one of those Toshiko's

Grand Lodge

Bardic Performance 8/10 rounds Kitsune Bard 2 |13/13 Hp | AC 17, T 13, FF 12 | Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +3 | Perception +4 |

Still in character, the rotund merchant makes a showing of wiping sweat from hi prodigious brow and flicking it at Gaspar.

Casting Grease on his weapon. DC 15 Reflex.

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || || Witchwar Legacy ||

reflex save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Kenta cuts down the hobgoblin in front of him in a single stroke.

Tohshiko's daggers embeds itself deep into her hobgoblin target.

Gaspar drops his greasy bastard sword!

Juzo begins casting a spell.

The yellow hobgoblin runs at Kenta and tries to slice into him.
scimitar, Kenta: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Even more of Kenta's blood leaves his body. He is going to need a transfusion when you get back to Absalom.

Initiative Order, Bold May Go!
Map Slide
Gaspar, -2STR, no weapon
Ikari
Itami
Hobgoblin 1, red
Hobgoblin 3, orange
Kenta, -11hp damage
Toshiko
Sionnach
Juzo
Hobgoblin 4, yellow
Hiiragi, -7hp damage
Hobgoblin 5, green -4hp

Grand Lodge

Female N Kitsune Cleric of Daikitsu 1/Primal Hunter 1 | AC 18 (16 while Enlarged+Raging), T 12, FF 16 | 17/17 hp | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +5| Init +2 | Percep +7 | CMD 14

Hiiragi frowns; she was hoping the rest would coordinate an attack all at once rather than let the hobgoblins charge in while she was still setting up, but c'est la vie.

Taking a quick step back, she feels scimitars graze her flesh, the curved blades arriving sooner than expected; one catches her on the neck, thankfully not far enough to nick an artery.

She raises a hand to her forehead and speeds her way through a prayer:

Tien:
"O Daikitsu, Mother of Foxes, raise sweet Ikari like a trellis that Your entire garden might prosper from his height..."

Enlarge Ikari, takes effect at the beginning of next turn. ...Hopefully I don't get hit before then!

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || || Witchwar Legacy ||

Another hobgoblin rushes Kenta!
scimitar: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

The hobgoblin doesn't even come close to hitting Kenta.

Gaspar has no backup weapon, so he picks up a fallen scimitar before stepping over to Ikari and trying to swing it.

Ikari gets an AoO from the weapon pickup
Gaspar loaner scimitar, -2STR, Masterwork: 1d20 + 8 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (11) + 8 + 1 - 1 = 19
damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Gaspar proves pretty effective with the loaner sword and hits Ikari.

Initiative Order, Bold May Go!
Map Slide
Gaspar, -2STR, loaner scimitar
Ikari, -9hp
Itami

Hobgoblin 1, red
Hobgoblin 3, orange
Kenta, -11hp damage
Toshiko
Sionnach
Juzo
Hobgoblin 4, yellow
Hiiragi, -7hp damage
Hobgoblin 5, green -4hp

Dark Archive

Kitsune Sorcerer 3.1| HP: 17/17 | AC: 13 T: 13 FF: 10 CMD: 11 | F+2 R+4 W+4 +2 vs mind/poison | Init +3 | Perception +1, Low-Light Vision
Tracked Resources:
Spells: 1st 5/6; Vanishing 7/7; Magic Missile: 37/50; Infernal Healing 49/50

Seeing as his other ray strike true, despite lacking in oomph, Itami fires another one towards the leader. This might not go well for us. He then moves closer to one of the peripheral bushes.
________
Ray of Enfeeblement vs Gaspar (Touch), DC 15: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 121d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Itami has no way of knowing Gaspar's fort save, but Gummy Bear does, and HOLY COW that is insanely high!

The Exchange

active effects:
Male Kitsune Barbarian (urban, elemental kin) 1 / Cleric ('varisian' pilgrim) 1 | current AC 17 (18) T 13 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +6 R +3 W +3 | CMD 15 |Init +3 | Perc +5 | Rage 2/6 | Channel 4/4 | Grow 1/4 | Calm 3/4

AoO v Gaspar, spear, rage, bard: 1d20 + 3 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 14damage: 1d8 + 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 2 + 1 = 9

GM, has Gaspar moved? It looks like he's taken a 5' step but his token hasn't moved on the map. Whether I full attack, withdraw, or attempt acrobatics will depend on where he's moved to somewhat.

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || || Witchwar Legacy ||
Ikari Hateshinai wrote:

[dice=AoO v Gaspar, spear, rage, bard]1d20+3+2+2+1[dice=damage]1d8+1+2+1

GM, has Gaspar moved? It looks like he's taken a 5' step but his token hasn't moved on the map. Whether I full attack, withdraw, or attempt acrobatics will depend on where he's moved to somewhat.

Updated the map

The Exchange

active effects:
Male Kitsune Barbarian (urban, elemental kin) 1 / Cleric ('varisian' pilgrim) 1 | current AC 17 (18) T 13 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +6 R +3 W +3 | CMD 15 |Init +3 | Perc +5 | Rage 2/6 | Channel 4/4 | Grow 1/4 | Calm 3/4

Ikari activates his "legacy of a princess" boon: for the next minute, if he hits an opponent in melee he gets +2AC against that opponent for 1 round.

Ikari snaps at Gaspar again..

bite v gaspar, rage, bard: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 2 = 8damage, primary: 1d4 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 = 8

.. then attempts to tumble away, in order to await Hiiragi's spell.

acrobatics vs Gaspar: 1d20 + 8 - 1 ⇒ (7) + 8 - 1 = 14

GM reroll that! c'mon dicebot!

acrobatics vs Gaspar, gm reroll: 1d20 + 8 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 8 - 1 + 1 = 10

sorry folks, had to take a bit of a chance I thought, but the dicebot has betrayed me :( Ikari triggers an AoO from Gaspar as he retreats.

You can of course still enlarge Ikari if he gets dropped, then heal him, but he'll be fatigued for 4 rounds if he does get dropped unconscious by the AoO

"Grrrrr."

ETA: maybe Juzo's Sleep spell can target Gaspar?

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || || Witchwar Legacy ||

fort save vs ray of enfeeble: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18

The new ray is larger and clearly stronger, but it doesn't seem to really effect Gaspar any more than the ray that already hit him.

AoO vs Ikari: 1d20 + 8 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (17) + 8 + 1 - 1 = 25
damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

As Ikari retreats, Gaspar swings at him, easily hitting the barbarian fox, knocking him out on the sand.

Two hobgoblins move up to Juzo and Hiiragi, both swinging at the kitsune in front of them.
scimitar vs Juzo: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
scimitar vs Hiiragi: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22 scimitar vs Hiiragi, confirmation: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
damage to hiiragi: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (3, 3) + 2 = 8

Hiiragi gets sliced in a critical artery as she falls to the ground, bleeding heavily.

Initiative Order, Bold May Go!
Map Slide
Gaspar, -3STR, loaner scimitar
Ikari, -18hp, unconscious and bleeding out at -3
Itami
Hobgoblin 1, red
Hobgoblin 3, orange
Kenta, -11hp damage
Toshiko
Sionnach
Juzo

Hobgoblin 4, yellow
Hiiragi, -15hp damage, unconscious at -7 and bleeding out
Hobgoblin 5, green -4hp

The Exchange

active effects:
Male Kitsune Barbarian (urban, elemental kin) 1 / Cleric ('varisian' pilgrim) 1 | current AC 17 (18) T 13 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +6 R +3 W +3 | CMD 15 |Init +3 | Perc +5 | Rage 2/6 | Channel 4/4 | Grow 1/4 | Calm 3/4

Holy crap, those dice GM! Juzo, make the BBEG go sleepy-byes please.

Grand Lodge

Female N Kitsune Cleric of Daikitsu 1/Primal Hunter 1 | AC 18 (16 while Enlarged+Raging), T 12, FF 16 | 17/17 hp | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +5| Init +2 | Percep +7 | CMD 14

...Uh-oh.

Tien:
Quote:
"O Daikitsu, Mother of Foxes, raise sweet Ikari like a trellis that Your entire garden might prosp--"

"--GGGHHHK!!!!!"

Hiiragi hits the ground, holding her neck for a moment before her hands fall away.

Liberty's Edge

LG Male Kitsune Paladin 2 | Mods: NA | HP: 22/22| AC/Tch/FF 18/12/16 | CMD 16 | F/R/W +9/+6/+8 | Speed 30ft (20ft in armor) | Smite Evil: 1/1, +1 Star Folio Re-Roll: 1/1 | LoH: 4/4, Dancing Lights: 3/3| Perc: +1 (LL), SM: +5 | Init: +2

Kenta looks at the threats in front of him, Crap!

He glances back to see how his allies are doing, noticing an ally moving nearby and then... Hiiragi dropping to the ground in the middle of casting a spell, DOUBLE CRAP!

He steps back and pulls a wand from his pocket, waving it around and speaking a fancy phrase "heal me now please!" His wounds close a small large bit.

Free 5-ft, Free to take hand off Greatsword, Move to draw wand of CLW, Standard to cast wand of CLW on self for 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9 healing, 46/50 remain.

Sovereign Court

N Male Kitsune Mesmerist (Vexing Daredevil) 1/Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) 1 | HP: 18/18 | AC: 17 T: 14 FF: 13 | CMB: 0, CMD: 14 | F: 1 R: 8 W: 2 | Init: 9 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None
Resources:
| Tricks: 5/5 | Mesmerist Spells: (1st): 2/2 | Panache: 3/4

Juzo steps back before finishing his cast.

The area of effect was is over Gaspar and Green. Gaspar still has Hypnotic Stare (-2 Will Saves)/Painful Stare. Sleep DC 15.

The Exchange

active effects:
Male Kitsune Barbarian (urban, elemental kin) 1 / Cleric ('varisian' pilgrim) 1 | current AC 17 (18) T 13 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +6 R +3 W +3 | CMD 15 |Init +3 | Perc +5 | Rage 2/6 | Channel 4/4 | Grow 1/4 | Calm 3/4

Hey Juzo, pretty sure you can position the burst to only include Gaspar - otherwise you’ll only catch the goblin, as Sleep targets the weakest creature first.

Sovereign Court

N Male Kitsune Mesmerist (Vexing Daredevil) 1/Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) 1 | HP: 18/18 | AC: 17 T: 14 FF: 13 | CMB: 0, CMD: 14 | F: 1 R: 8 W: 2 | Init: 9 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None
Resources:
| Tricks: 5/5 | Mesmerist Spells: (1st): 2/2 | Panache: 3/4

Okay, I misremembered that it targeted the center first then outwards. Idk his HD so I wanted a backup incase it can't even target him but I will do that.

Liberty's Edge

”Toshiko” | Female CG Kitsune Swashbuckler (Flying Blade) 2 | HP 20/22 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 | CMD 16 | F +3 R +8 W +0 (+3 vs. charms, compulsions) | Init +4 | Perc +4 | Speed 30ft | Panache 3/3 | Active Conditions: None

Dagger: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10 Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Toshiko flicks a dagger at the Green hobgoblin but rushes and misses her aim.

Grand Lodge

Bardic Performance 8/10 rounds Kitsune Bard 2 |13/13 Hp | AC 17, T 13, FF 12 | Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +3 | Perception +4 |

Onna activates her wand again, this time on Ikari. She then moves closer to her sister.

CLW vs Ikari: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || || Witchwar Legacy ||

Kenta heals himself with his wand.

Toshiko flicks a dagger at the Green hobgoblin but rushes and misses her aim.

Sionnach heals the very injured Ikari.

Juzo focuses his sleep spell solely on Gaspar.
will save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Gaspar falls asleep so hard, he immediately collapses onto the sand.

Yellow and Green follow Kenta and swing their scimitars at him.
kenta: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17 damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
kenta: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Kenta's armor absorbs one of the hits, but the second one manages to draw blood yet again.

Initiative Order, Bold May Go!
Map Slide
Gaspar, -3STR, loaner scimitar, sleeping
Ikari, -12hp, prone
Itami

Hobgoblin 1, red
Hobgoblin 3, orange
Kenta, -6hp damage
Toshiko
Sionnach
Juzo
Hobgoblin 4, yellow
Hobgoblin 5, green -4hp
Hiiragi, -15hp damage, unconscious at -7 and bleeding out

Grand Lodge

Female N Kitsune Cleric of Daikitsu 1/Primal Hunter 1 | AC 18 (16 while Enlarged+Raging), T 12, FF 16 | 17/17 hp | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +5| Init +2 | Percep +7 | CMD 14

Con to Stabilize: 1d20 ⇒ 16
SOOOO CLOSE

Grand Lodge

Bardic Performance 8/10 rounds Kitsune Bard 2 |13/13 Hp | AC 17, T 13, FF 12 | Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +3 | Perception +4 |

I'm coming Sister!

The Exchange

active effects:
Male Kitsune Barbarian (urban, elemental kin) 1 / Cleric ('varisian' pilgrim) 1 | current AC 17 (18) T 13 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +6 R +3 W +3 | CMD 15 |Init +3 | Perc +5 | Rage 2/6 | Channel 4/4 | Grow 1/4 | Calm 3/4

"Uhhhhh.... Gaspar! Hiiragi! No!"

Ikari scrambles in the sand, trying to get his bearings as the magical healing restores him to consciousness. Seeing a hobgoblin over him, he tries to defend himself and get back on his feet.

Standard action: total defense; move action: stand up (provokes AoO from Orange, AC vs AoO is 20 (don't remember if the prone penalty applies on the AoO?); free action: 5' step

Fatigued: 3 rounds remaining.

Dark Archive

Kitsune Sorcerer 3.1| HP: 17/17 | AC: 13 T: 13 FF: 10 CMD: 11 | F+2 R+4 W+4 +2 vs mind/poison | Init +3 | Perception +1, Low-Light Vision
Tracked Resources:
Spells: 1st 5/6; Vanishing 7/7; Magic Missile: 37/50; Infernal Healing 49/50

Itami sighs dramatically as his arcane magic is resisted by Gaspar, then pulls out his wand and fires upon one of the Hobgoblins doubling up on Kenta.
________
Magic Missile vs Green: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || || Witchwar Legacy ||

I believe the penalty for being prone also applies to when you stand up as initiating the act of standing up provokes, not the result of standing up.

AoO: 1d20 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 3 + 4 = 21
damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Ikari stands up, which the hobgoblin takes advantge of by swinging at him while he takes the time to get up. Ikari stays standing, but only barely.

Itami's magic knocks out the green hobgoblin.

Red and orange move up to Juzo and Ikari.

Ikari scimitar: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Juzo scimitar: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

However, this time, both hobgoblins miss their targets.

Initiative Order, Bold May Go!
Map Slide
Gaspar, -3STR, loaner scimitar, sleeping
Ikari, -14hp, prone
Itami
Hobgoblin 1, red
Hobgoblin 3, orange
Kenta, -6hp damage
Toshiko
Sionnach
Juzo

Hobgoblin 4, yellow
Hiiragi, -15hp damage, unconscious at -7 and bleeding out

Liberty's Edge

LG Male Kitsune Paladin 2 | Mods: NA | HP: 22/22| AC/Tch/FF 18/12/16 | CMD 16 | F/R/W +9/+6/+8 | Speed 30ft (20ft in armor) | Smite Evil: 1/1, +1 Star Folio Re-Roll: 1/1 | LoH: 4/4, Dancing Lights: 3/3| Perc: +1 (LL), SM: +5 | Init: +2

Kenta sidesteps behind the hob standing nearby, he nods to Toshika and adds in Sylvan, "I've got him distracted (flanked), you can sneak up if you want."

Back to the task at hand he looks down at the massive weapon held poorly in one hand and the wand in his other hand. Hmm... this weapon won't work but I don't want to toss my magic healy stick away either. He drops the heavy sword and draws a smaller one, slashing away at the hob in front of him.

Free 5-ft, Free drop Greatsword, Move to draw Cold Iron Longsword, Standard to attack yellow.

Cold Iron Longsword - Power Attack + IC: 1d20 + 3 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 3 - 1 + 1 = 14 for Slashing + PA + IC: 1d8 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 2 + 2 + 1 = 13

Liberty's Edge

”Toshiko” | Female CG Kitsune Swashbuckler (Flying Blade) 2 | HP 20/22 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 | CMD 16 | F +3 R +8 W +0 (+3 vs. charms, compulsions) | Init +4 | Perc +4 | Speed 30ft | Panache 3/3 | Active Conditions: None

I think I have one dagger left.

Toshiko draws her final dagger and flicks it at Orange

Dagger: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10 Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Grand Lodge

Bardic Performance 8/10 rounds Kitsune Bard 2 |13/13 Hp | AC 17, T 13, FF 12 | Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +3 | Perception +4 |

Onna calls on her wand once again, "Come now Sister. We have been through too much to end it here."

CLW vs Hiiragi: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Sovereign Court

N Male Kitsune Mesmerist (Vexing Daredevil) 1/Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) 1 | HP: 18/18 | AC: 17 T: 14 FF: 13 | CMB: 0, CMD: 14 | F: 1 R: 8 W: 2 | Init: 9 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None
Resources:
| Tricks: 5/5 | Mesmerist Spells: (1st): 2/2 | Panache: 3/4

Apparently the site ate my post...

Hand Crossbow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

He steps back and tries to fire off a shot from his crossbow but the battle has him off balance.

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || || Witchwar Legacy ||

Kenta kills another hobgoblin, leaving only two still standing.

Juzo and Toshiko both miss their attacks, but the two remaining hobgoblins decide this battle is lost and turn tail to run off.

Combat Over!
Hiiragi, -12hp damage, unconscious at -4
Ikari, -14hp, prone
Kenta, -6hp damage

You have a sleeping Gaspar to deal with still.

Following the battle with Gaspar and his brigands, Jamila thanks you, letting you in on the greater plot that had occurred. She admits to being a janni and explains that she has known Targos Min-Katheer for over 40 years, serving as both ally and sometimes lover to the heroic Pathfinder. She states that the two of them had stumbled upon a plot by parties unknown to cripple Qadira’s economy by disrupting trade along the Silken Way. They had narrowed it down to just a few local merchants, but Targos began feeling the effects of his advanced age after suffering from heart pains and decided he would be ineffective in completing the mission. By agreement, rather than allowing Targos to slowly dwindle away from his ailments, Jamila gave him a dose of venom from a desert scorpion, and the famed venture-captain peacefully passed on to the afterlife. She and Targos felt the chances were great that the plotter would use the event of the trade route protector’s death to launch his plot. As such, she carefully ensured that all of the suspected merchants would be on the same caravan on which Targos’s body would travel with his Pathfinder escort.

Though she thought Hokama might be the plotter, it turns out it was Gaspar who murdered his partner so he could secretly pay off a pair of harpies to waylay travelers along the Silken Way in conjunction with strikes by his hired band of desert brigands. Gaspar had hoped to attract the greater harpy colonies of southern Qadira to the easy pickings of the trade route and thus seal off the route for years to come. Once Jamila realized that you were still alive and could help her, she broke her cover and moved to end the threat to the all-important Silken Way.

Liberty's Edge

LG Male Kitsune Paladin 2 | Mods: NA | HP: 22/22| AC/Tch/FF 18/12/16 | CMD 16 | F/R/W +9/+6/+8 | Speed 30ft (20ft in armor) | Smite Evil: 1/1, +1 Star Folio Re-Roll: 1/1 | LoH: 4/4, Dancing Lights: 3/3| Perc: +1 (LL), SM: +5 | Init: +2

Kenta yells after the hobgoblins, "THAT'S RIGHT! FLEE AND GO TELL YOUR FRIENDS TO DO EVIL NO MORE! IT ONLY LEADS TO SORROW AND DEATH!!!"

The fox then quickly moves over to Hiiragi and attempts to bring her back to consciousness.

CLW Wand for 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 healing, just enough for consciousness, 45/50 charges remain.

_________________________________________________________________

That is 1-2 rounds where he isn't paying attention to Gaspar.

If nothing has been done at this point, Kenta ties up the traitor to transport back to civilization for trial and probable execution. If he was smart enough, he probably would be peeved at Jamila for not bringing up this dangerous plot of hers to the allies of her friend so they could help... but alas this has not yet occurred to him.

Instead, he simply shares the following with his allies, "There were a lot of close calls the last few days, I think I oughta get some better armor when we get paid."

Grand Lodge

Female N Kitsune Cleric of Daikitsu 1/Primal Hunter 1 | AC 18 (16 while Enlarged+Raging), T 12, FF 16 | 17/17 hp | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +5| Init +2 | Percep +7 | CMD 14

Between Onna and Kenta's efforts, Hiiragi's eyes slowly blink open. "Dear Onna, it has become habit for me to see your face above me whenever I rise from near death. I've begun to suspect you are a vulpinal sent by Daikitsu herself," she muses, slowly rising with the aid of her flail's haft.

When Gaspar is restrained, she raises her hand to her forehead.

"O Daikitsu, once again I call upon you. Mend your servants!"

3 Channel Positives: 3d6 ⇒ (3, 6, 5) = 14

Dark Archive

Kitsune Sorcerer 3.1| HP: 17/17 | AC: 13 T: 13 FF: 10 CMD: 11 | F+2 R+4 W+4 +2 vs mind/poison | Init +3 | Perception +1, Low-Light Vision
Tracked Resources:
Spells: 1st 5/6; Vanishing 7/7; Magic Missile: 37/50; Infernal Healing 49/50

"My, my, what a plot! Who know some subterfuge and craftiness could also work in the favor of the forces for good," Itami says, hoping Kenta is within earshot. Otherwise, he brushes the dust from his clothes and resigns himself to yet more camel riding.

Grand Lodge

Bardic Performance 8/10 rounds Kitsune Bard 2 |13/13 Hp | AC 17, T 13, FF 12 | Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +3 | Perception +4 |
Hiiragi wrote:
I've begun to suspect you are a vulpinal sent by Daikitsu herself

With a wink to her 'sister', "Who says I haven't?"

She finally allows the pretense to end and resumes her own shape. "We can't blame you Jamila. After the storm and finding the body, we didn't know who to trust either. We thought it best to impersonate the victim to draw the assassin out. We also ran into Gaspar's harpies. It was a close thing, but they will not be bothering any future caravans."

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || || Witchwar Legacy ||

The rest of the trip to Katheer is uneventful. Upon arriving in Katheer, Targos Min-Katheer is given a hero’s funeral attended by many Pathfinders (including some of the Ten), as well as notables from the satrap’s court and a few geniekin from the deep desert.

Grand Lodge

Female N Kitsune Cleric of Daikitsu 1/Primal Hunter 1 | AC 18 (16 while Enlarged+Raging), T 12, FF 16 | 17/17 hp | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +5| Init +2 | Percep +7 | CMD 14

Hiiragi takes this opportunity to memorize the appearances of some of the Ten, the satrap's court members and the geniekin.

No reason.

Liberty's Edge

LG Male Kitsune Paladin 2 | Mods: NA | HP: 22/22| AC/Tch/FF 18/12/16 | CMD 16 | F/R/W +9/+6/+8 | Speed 30ft (20ft in armor) | Smite Evil: 1/1, +1 Star Folio Re-Roll: 1/1 | LoH: 4/4, Dancing Lights: 3/3| Perc: +1 (LL), SM: +5 | Init: +2

Kenta does not seem to notice that the comment about subtlety might be directed towards him, simply agreeing with the old man, "Smart."

That evening as they all recover and chat around the fire, the young fox asks Itami to share his promised story.

Sovereign Court

N Male Kitsune Mesmerist (Vexing Daredevil) 1/Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) 1 | HP: 18/18 | AC: 17 T: 14 FF: 13 | CMB: 0, CMD: 14 | F: 1 R: 8 W: 2 | Init: 9 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None
Resources:
| Tricks: 5/5 | Mesmerist Spells: (1st): 2/2 | Panache: 3/4

"This almost being killed...well...this is not to my liking. At least in the courts you wouldn't see it coming or have to smell its awful breath." Juzo says after the coast is clear.

Time to do some maneuvering at home to get training. The Pathfinder Society is going to be the death of me if not.

---

Hearing the plot Juzo cracks a smile and chuckles.

"Now I don't know who I fancied more on this trip. The cunning merchant or the hidden Janni. I will go with you, Jamila, as you plan did not fail like his." he adds with a bow.

---

At the funeral Juzo wastes no times being privy to the conversations and business of the Ten or Satrap Court members. Platitudes, introductions, and probing for information.

Dark Archive

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Kitsune Sorcerer 3.1| HP: 17/17 | AC: 13 T: 13 FF: 10 CMD: 11 | F+2 R+4 W+4 +2 vs mind/poison | Init +3 | Perception +1, Low-Light Vision
Tracked Resources:
Spells: 1st 5/6; Vanishing 7/7; Magic Missile: 37/50; Infernal Healing 49/50

While those who wish to listen gather around the campfire, far from the prying eyes of others, Itami remains seated, clutching his staff. Could be the last story I ever tell. Hope it's a good one.

Standing up once everyone has become comfortable, he begins to strip down to his underwear, a simple set of loose-fitting cloth briefs, and the bandage concealing his right eye. "I have not been entirely honest with any of you," he begins, his wrinkled skin casting peculiar shadows across his body.

"The first deception, is that I am a brother." Punctuating his words, grey fur begins to grow across his body, his face elongating, a tail falling close to the ground. His true form is a grotesque sight. His soft grey fur is marred by a myriad of cruel, twisting scars all over his body, an endless troupe of valleys dancing across his body in the flickering light. Perhaps even more jarring for some, is the obvious brand seated on the back of his left shoulder: the unholy symbol of Zon-Kuthon.

"Now, Kenta, the irony in my actions today, having saved one such as you, good of heart, holy of spirit, living life for the betterment of others, is that in my home land of Nidal, I used to lure fools like you to their long, torturous, death for their faith. In Nidal, worship is incredibly restricted to a select few gods, with all expected to ultimately favor the Umbral Prince. Many years ago, I worked as an agent for the Umbral Court in Pangolias. With my knack for discretion and guile, I infiltrated blasphemers' rings and led them to the cold, sharp hands of the law. They were criminals, anarchists, seeking to upend our way of life!" he exclaims, his arms raised in rage to the sky. "Or so I thought," he confesses, leaning heavily on his staff.

At this point, he drinks deeply from a flask of water. "My revelation came one night when I was to bring a group of Desnans to the Uskwood, new toys for the depraved druids hidden within. Thinking they were freeing me from Pangolias, their joy was pure, as is anyone who believes they are fulfilling a higher purpose is. As I listened to their screams fill the rest of the night and through the dawn, the world I thought I new broke away. I became hollow, my own purpose in life was stripped away. How could people who risked their lives to selflessly save a random citizen be the criminals?" He pauses before continuing.

"That day I ran, I still run, far from Nidal. As far as I could. But I knew too much. Earnestly at first, many have come to claim my life, yet I stand before you. The latest attempt has been just two months past. This is the reason for my secrecy. But you all are the first of my kin I have ever seen, a family I never felt I had. Forgive me for burdening you with my past, but after what we have been through, you have the right to know who you have been harboring."

He takes a seat by the fire again, still in his true, Kitsune form, clutching his staff with white-knuckled hands.
________
Thanks for indulging me ;)

Grand Lodge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Bardic Performance 8/10 rounds Kitsune Bard 2 |13/13 Hp | AC 17, T 13, FF 12 | Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +3 | Perception +4 |

With free flowing tears, Onna also allows her true form to come out. "Oh Itami! How great a burden you bare." She rises and hugs the elder kitsune. "Thank you for trusting us with this. How alone you must have felt for all of these years." She wipes a tear, "You no longer need to walk in the darkness. You are an outcast no more. While you may feel tainted from your actions in the past, know now that you are on the path to redemption. I, for one, will gladly walk it with you."

She places a hand over his heart, "This is no burden for us. A family comes together in times of need. Allow us the honor of helping to lift your spirit and soul. We are not just fledgling kits. We are your pack-mates. We are your blood. And we will stand with you."

Grand Lodge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Female N Kitsune Cleric of Daikitsu 1/Primal Hunter 1 | AC 18 (16 while Enlarged+Raging), T 12, FF 16 | 17/17 hp | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +5| Init +2 | Percep +7 | CMD 14

Hiiragi sits quietly and listens. When the ragged old pelt finishes his explanation of where he came from, her eyes are not on him, but on two others: the gleaming idealist and her pupil on the cusp of earning his nine-beaded string.

The Exchange

2 people marked this as a favorite.
active effects:
Male Kitsune Barbarian (urban, elemental kin) 1 / Cleric ('varisian' pilgrim) 1 | current AC 17 (18) T 13 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +6 R +3 W +3 | CMD 15 |Init +3 | Perc +5 | Rage 2/6 | Channel 4/4 | Grow 1/4 | Calm 3/4

Ikari sits quietly at the campfire. He has been brooding since the fight with Gaspar. He listens, intently, to Itami's tale, and Onna's reply, before speaking, slowly and softly.

"If I have learned one lesson from this mission, brothers and sisters, it is the importance of community. The merchants' community was fractured, divided: if they could have all trusted each other, then there would have been no murder - but only Jamila and Targos were truly family to each other. And strange as it was, their plan worked.

If we were not a family, we would surely have perished at the claws of those harpies, or to Gaspar and his goblins. We stood for each other. We stand for you now, Itami."

Ikari rises to his feet.

"I left my family. Not once, but twice. I rejected the cult of my birth-pack, as you rejected the cult of the Umbral Prince, Itami. I fled to the jinin elves, who were happy to entertain a spirit of the forest. But nine years later I left them too, for as kind as they were to me they were never truly my kin.

This is my family, my community. We will travel the open road together."

Ikari bows his head towards the rest of the skulk, his eyes closed.

Hiiragi:
Sensei Hiiragi notices that from beneath one eyelid Ikari glances at her, and the corner of his mouth tilts upwards just the smallest fraction.

301 to 350 of 356 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Zer0darkfire's 0-03 Murder on The Silken Caravan All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.