GM Zer0darkfire's 0-03 Murder on The Silken Caravan (Inactive)

Game Master zer0darkfire


1 to 50 of 356 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || ||The Prince of Augustana || Mosquito Witch ||

Venture-Captain Adril Hestram sits behind his desk in the Grand Lodge of Absalom, waiting for his team of pathfinders to arrive and take a seat in one of the seven sofa-like chairs in his office. While he waits, he reviews the mission details and briefings on his desk, only stopping for a moment to say, "Greetings Pathfinder, once everyone is here, we can get started." or something to a similar effect.

Grand Lodge

Bardic Performance 10/10 rounds Kitsune Bard 2 |13/13 Hp | AC 15, T 13, FF 12 | Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +3 | Perception +4 |

"Oh, no problem. Is there some tea or anything? Oops! Nevermind. I see it. I will just help myself to a cup."

Sovereign Court

N Male Kitsune Mesmerist (Vexing Daredevil) 1/Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) 1 | HP: 18/18 | AC: 17 T: 14 FF: 13 | CMB: 0, CMD: 14 | F: 1 R: 8 W: 2 | Init: 9 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None
Resources:
| Tricks: 5/5 | Mesmerist Spells: (1st): 2/2 | Panache: 3/4

"The Grand Lodge! Lovely and Onna, lovely as well. Have they assigned us all to the same task again?" he says looking around for the others.

Grand Lodge

Female N Kitsune Cleric of Daikitsu 1/Primal Hunter 1 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | 17/17 hp | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +5| Init +2 | Percep +7 | CMD 14

Juzo enters the room a second time, scratching at his chin beneath the mask. "I think there may have been a clerical error, I appear to have gotten two invitations."

Liberty's Edge

LG Male Kitsune Paladin 2 | Mods: NA | HP: 22/22| AC/Tch/FF 18/12/16 | CMD 16 | F/R/W +8/+5/+7 | Speed 30ft (20ft in armor) | Smite Evil: 1/1, +1 Star Folio Re-Roll: 1/1 | LoH: 4/4, Dancing Lights: 3/3| Perc: +1 (LL), SM: +5 | Init: +2

Kenta arrives, stepping into the room and gingerly sitting to avoid scratching an obviously new sheath for his greatsword. Is the greatsword new as well? Maybe we'll never know because pathfinders rarely have to fight on their missions!

He looks at the two Juzo's, "Uh..."

Grand Lodge

Bardic Performance 10/10 rounds Kitsune Bard 2 |13/13 Hp | AC 15, T 13, FF 12 | Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +3 | Perception +4 |

Onna claps excitedly. "Ooo! I love this game. Kenta, help me figure out which one the real Jūzō is. Hey, what is neither of them are the real one? That would be a punch in the snout, wouldn't it?"

Liberty's Edge

”Toshiko” | Female CG Kitsune Swashbuckler (Flying Blade) 2 | HP 20/22 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 | CMD 16 | F +3 R +8 W +0 (+3 vs. charms, compulsions) | Init +4 | Perc +4 | Speed 30ft | Panache 3/3 | Active Conditions: None

Toshiko wanders in. Oi, where did you all take off to? I go to get a drink, come back to the table and you all were gone. I had to content myself with the company of the barkeeps.

She walks over to the liquor cabinet and pours a couple of fingers of whiskey into a glass before settling herself into on of the sofas. After a moment she props her feet up on the table.

Liberty's Edge

LG Male Kitsune Paladin 2 | Mods: NA | HP: 22/22| AC/Tch/FF 18/12/16 | CMD 16 | F/R/W +8/+5/+7 | Speed 30ft (20ft in armor) | Smite Evil: 1/1, +1 Star Folio Re-Roll: 1/1 | LoH: 4/4, Dancing Lights: 3/3| Perc: +1 (LL), SM: +5 | Init: +2

It finally clicks for the slow fox as a memory is triggered. He looks over at the bar, "Oh, is the tab still being covered by Mr. Shane?" He catches Toshiko before she sits, "Gin & Tonic please, if you don't mind."

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || ||The Prince of Augustana || Mosquito Witch ||

Venture Captain Adril Hestram watches expectantly, "Once I explain this mission, I'm sure you'll realize why I selected you bunch." he says in response to the scene of two Juzos. "One of our number has fallen." Venture-Captain Adril Hestram lets the grave words hang in the air before continuing. It’s difficult to imagine a large man like Adril defeated, but in light of this grim news his shoulders slump; he is a man who suffered a loss. “Targos Min-Katheer, esteemed venture-captain, is dead. His last wishes are simple: he wants his mortal remains to take one last trip along the Silken Way to his home city of Katheer, there to rest with his ancestors. He was one of our finest and we aim to honor his request. It is for this reason I’ve called you all together.”

Adril points one sausage-thick finger at the map on the table, tracing a line from Absalom to the mouth of the Pashman River, then snaking up the river to the oasis city of Lopul. “Here is where you can gather up his remains and join the silken caravan, one of the only caravans daring the harsh journey across the desert from Lopul to Katheer. This mission is simple, joyride really, but we insist you give it the attention it deserves. A few weeks in the sun, seeing the sights of the desert. A dream assignment. Any questions?”

Liberty's Edge

”Toshiko” | Female CG Kitsune Swashbuckler (Flying Blade) 2 | HP 20/22 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 | CMD 16 | F +3 R +8 W +0 (+3 vs. charms, compulsions) | Init +4 | Perc +4 | Speed 30ft | Panache 3/3 | Active Conditions: None

A desert? Are we talking hot enough to fry an egg? If so we need something to help with the heat. Perhaps a crate or two of whiskey to help me with the temperatures.

Grand Lodge

Female N Kitsune Cleric of Daikitsu 1/Primal Hunter 1 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | 17/17 hp | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +5| Init +2 | Percep +7 | CMD 14

"Jūzō's" face is imperceptible behind the mask. "So you're sending us on a mission of sentimentality? Nothing is that easy in this organization. What's going to attack us?"

He crosses his arms and does his best to look pessimistic without a face.

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || ||The Prince of Augustana || Mosquito Witch ||

"You're going to be joining a caravan in the middle of the desert. Anything from desert creatures to bandits could harass you, but I highly doubt it. This mission is important, but likely not dangerous." he replies.

The Exchange

active effects:
Male Kitsune Barbarian (urban, elemental kin) 1 / Cleric ('varisian' pilgrim) 1 | current AC 17 (18) T 13 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +6 R +3 W +3 | CMD 15 |Init +3 | Perc +5 | Rage 6/6 | Channel 4/4 | Grow 4/4 | Calm 4/4

"Caravans are normally for trade. Many of our people take up such a life, passing from place to place. Such is pleasing to Daikitsu. Trade is the lifeblood of civilisation, after all." Ikari looks around the room.

Is Madam Hiiragi here?

He smiles at Kenta's comment regarding Shane and the bar tab. Perhaps she is giving us the mission briefing?

"I shall be happy to take part in this assignment, Venture Captain. Perhaps I should acquire some desert robes before we leave though."

Ikari bows slightly to the VC.

Will purchase hot weather outfit, and replace armour with masterwork version.

Grand Lodge

Female N Kitsune Cleric of Daikitsu 1/Primal Hunter 1 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | 17/17 hp | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +5| Init +2 | Percep +7 | CMD 14

Oh, I should probably...
Juzo Disguise: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 13 = 25

Grand Lodge

Bardic Performance 10/10 rounds Kitsune Bard 2 |13/13 Hp | AC 15, T 13, FF 12 | Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +3 | Perception +4 |

"Were there any other stipulations besides making the trip? Are his remains in a coffin, or has he been cremated? Where should we bring the remains once we arrive? Does he, sorry, did he have any family?"

Sovereign Court

N Male Kitsune Mesmerist (Vexing Daredevil) 1/Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) 1 | HP: 18/18 | AC: 17 T: 14 FF: 13 | CMB: 0, CMD: 14 | F: 1 R: 8 W: 2 | Init: 9 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None
Resources:
| Tricks: 5/5 | Mesmerist Spells: (1st): 2/2 | Panache: 3/4

Juzo is perturbed by the disguise of one of the part members and takes off his mask.

"The disguise is charming and now I don't need a mirror to admire myself. But unless you purchased a twin to my dear Ogumo it should be easy enough to tell us apart. Would you like to hold him?" he says allowing his pet spider to crawl out of his robe and skitter about his shoulders.

Then realizing drink orders are being made in bulk he adds his own preference.

"Something sweet, plum liqueur or a wine for me. How about you Juzo-o."

He turns back to the mission with a laugh.

"Did you just call transporting a corpse through a...desert, a dream? Your sarcasm is hidden well. It seems I need to do a bit of shopping but if Ikari is right I may be able to purchase items at the caravan. These robes are airy but the sun is going to be brutal." he adds thinking of what to buy.

Liberty's Edge

”Toshiko” | Female CG Kitsune Swashbuckler (Flying Blade) 2 | HP 20/22 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 | CMD 16 | F +3 R +8 W +0 (+3 vs. charms, compulsions) | Init +4 | Perc +4 | Speed 30ft | Panache 3/3 | Active Conditions: None

Toshiko spends some time rifling through the venture-captain's store of alcohol. She mixes a Gin & tonic for Kenta and finds something with fruit on the label for Juzo.

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || ||The Prince of Augustana || Mosquito Witch ||
Sionnach 'Onna' Brummagem wrote:
"Were there any other stipulations besides making the trip? Are his remains in a coffin, or has he been cremated? Where should we bring the remains once we arrive? Does he, sorry, did he have any family?"

"Yes, yes, he had other stipulations, but don't worry about it, we took care of the rest already. His body will be in a coffin once they finish the funeral rites. As far as I know, Targos never married, he liked the adventuring life too much." Adril replies.

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || ||The Prince of Augustana || Mosquito Witch ||

To the desert!

Adril has a way of making every assignment sound like a sweet deal, but the last few weeks traveling by boat up the Pashman River and then hiking the short distance to the oasis city have been grueling to the extreme. A poisonous river snake claimed one of your guides; you remember his last gasps well, and how his face bloated to twice its usual size within seconds of the bite.

Before you now lies Lopul, the great caravan city, erected around the crystal life-giving waters of the Pool of Sihbon, the largest oasis for over one hundred miles. Mud brick houses baking in the sun and great canvas tents crowd the central copse of palm and date trees. Lopul is a caravan-city ruled by the Sheikh Samraf AlHadari, humble servant to the padishah emperor of Kelesh. The settlement’s population fluctuates wildly with the comings and goings of trade caravans, but usually has at least a thousand locals and travelers in residence at any one time. Most of the city is comprised of tents and temporary dwellings erected by merchants and caravan masters, with only about a quarter of the city’s structures being permanently built around the Pool of Sihbon itself. Among these permanent structures are a half-dozen caravanserai, the fortress of the sheikh, and twoscore domed dwellings constructed of mud brick. One such dwelling is the former residence of Targos Min-Katheer. All that remains is to collect his body and join the silken caravan.

Now where could it be? DC 10 knowledge local or diplomacy to gather info.

Liberty's Edge

LG Male Kitsune Paladin 2 | Mods: NA | HP: 22/22| AC/Tch/FF 18/12/16 | CMD 16 | F/R/W +8/+5/+7 | Speed 30ft (20ft in armor) | Smite Evil: 1/1, +1 Star Folio Re-Roll: 1/1 | LoH: 4/4, Dancing Lights: 3/3| Perc: +1 (LL), SM: +5 | Init: +2

Kenta follows his allies out and purchases clothing for the area, a loose linen robe and turban. Even then, the heat is oppressive. The one benefit of being a slave continues to prove valuable as he manages to simply put up with difficult tasks without complaint.

He asks a couple friendly questions around the town if no one knows where to go immediately.

Diplomacy Gather Info DC 10: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 for 1d4 ⇒ 4 hours.

Hopefully his allies won't let him wander around pointlessly though.

Liberty's Edge

”Toshiko” | Female CG Kitsune Swashbuckler (Flying Blade) 2 | HP 20/22 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 | CMD 16 | F +3 R +8 W +0 (+3 vs. charms, compulsions) | Init +4 | Perc +4 | Speed 30ft | Panache 3/3 | Active Conditions: None

Toshiko heads to a stall to buy some loose harem pants and a light cotton blouse. She keeps her leather belt and buys some sturdy ankle boots. flavored up a hot weather outfit.

She then heads to a tavern to listen to gossip and rumours and not just to drink.

Diplomacy Gather Info DC10: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17 Time: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Grand Lodge

Bardic Performance 10/10 rounds Kitsune Bard 2 |13/13 Hp | AC 15, T 13, FF 12 | Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +3 | Perception +4 |

Local: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 Time: 1d4 ⇒ 1

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || ||The Prince of Augustana || Mosquito Witch ||

It takes you about an hour to find the house you're looking for, you'll have to remind Adril that he didn't bother to give you an address or describe the location. Anyway, a small mud-brick, domed dwelling lies at the end of a humble, sandy street here in the heart of the caravan city.

The scent of the nearby oasis still reaches you, and a hive of bees, attracted by the nearby water, hangs from a date palm next to the house. The wails of mourners and cries of women and children reach your ears, and you can see a small crowd gathered outside the house’s single door, its members crying and tearing their garments. Whether professionally hired mourners or sorrow-filled residents outpouring legitimate grief for the loss of a local hero is unclear, but the emotion seems genuine enough.

Knocking at the front door brings an answer in the form of a man in sackcloth with ashes poured over his freshly shaved head. His face is sickly pale under the coating of ashes, and part of one ear if missing. His hands are wrapped in dirty bandages.

A DC 5 Heal check or DC 8 Intelligence check:

You determine that this man is a leper.

He allows you to enter without a word after respectfully moving out of your way to avoid any accidental contact. The front room of the house holds more people that look similar to the first, and a curtained doorway blocks access to the house’s lone bedroom.

Shortly after you enter, a man wearing priestly robes and a black jackal death mask emerges from behind the curtain.

A DC 15 perception check:

You notice ashen patches on his hands and a couple missing fingers, indicating that this man suffers from leprosy.

a DC 15 Knowledge (religion) check:

identifies the mask as being associated with a cult of the deity Lamashtu, demon goddess of madness and monsters.

"Ah, the Pathfinders, I presume? If you wish to take the body of Targos, you need to wait until nightfall. His body is receiving final funeral preparations and they will not be complete until then." he says with is voice partially muffled behind his mask.

sense motive, DC 12:

Yeah, no, he's 100% lying about something.

Liberty's Edge

”Toshiko” | Female CG Kitsune Swashbuckler (Flying Blade) 2 | HP 20/22 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 | CMD 16 | F +3 R +8 W +0 (+3 vs. charms, compulsions) | Init +4 | Perc +4 | Speed 30ft | Panache 3/3 | Active Conditions: None

Intelligence: 1d20 ⇒ 11

Toshiko jumps back from the man and keeps her distance.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Grand Lodge

Female N Kitsune Cleric of Daikitsu 1/Primal Hunter 1 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | 17/17 hp | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +5| Init +2 | Percep +7 | CMD 14

Before they head properly toward the desert, Hiiragi emerge from her Juzo disguise and make sure that she has a light kimono and a good, wide hat with a veil to keep the sun off of her shoulders. It's perhaps not local, but it should do.

Purchasing a hot weather outfit!

Intelligence Check: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (2) - 2 = 0

For a moment, Hiiragi stands confusedly, but lets herself be ushered in with the rest.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
The one thing Hiiragi has as a skill, and she didn't roll well for it! Even Guidance isn't quite enough to save that.

Hiiragi is not particularly at ease; she sees that something is clearly off about the man's body, and he is a poor liar.

"He is not being truthful, but I do not know why," she whispers to her comrades.

The Exchange

active effects:
Male Kitsune Barbarian (urban, elemental kin) 1 / Cleric ('varisian' pilgrim) 1 | current AC 17 (18) T 13 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +6 R +3 W +3 | CMD 15 |Init +3 | Perc +5 | Rage 6/6 | Channel 4/4 | Grow 4/4 | Calm 4/4

heal: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
sense motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

"Allow us inside. We are not hired help. We are family. Targos is our captain, he deserves to have us with him for his last rites."

Ikari assumes his natural form.

"Bedra oss i fare, leper-prest."

sylvan:
"Deceive us at your peril, leper-priest."

Grand Lodge

Bardic Performance 10/10 rounds Kitsune Bard 2 |13/13 Hp | AC 15, T 13, FF 12 | Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +3 | Perception +4 |

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 19
Religion: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 12

Onna whispers to the team, "It could have something to do with the fact that the jackal mask the priest was wearing belongs to a cult of the deity Lamashtu, demon goddess of madness and monsters."

She calls after the cultist, "Ah, hold on a moment please. It was well established that Targos worshiped Sarenrae. He needs to begin his journey now, under her watchful eye and blessed rays. Do I really need to fetch members from the temple? I am certain THE PRIESTESSES would not want to make a trip out here."

Bluff: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

Grand Lodge

Female N Kitsune Cleric of Daikitsu 1/Primal Hunter 1 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | 17/17 hp | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +5| Init +2 | Percep +7 | CMD 14

"Sarenrae? I don't remem-- yes, to start a Sarenraean's final journey at night would be a poor omen for his afterlife, would it not?"

All these western religions and I without an inkling between them! I'd be ashamed if I wasn't so impressed by Onna.

Never really had a thing for blondes before.

Learn something new about myself every day.

Liberty's Edge

”Toshiko” | Female CG Kitsune Swashbuckler (Flying Blade) 2 | HP 20/22 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 | CMD 16 | F +3 R +8 W +0 (+3 vs. charms, compulsions) | Init +4 | Perc +4 | Speed 30ft | Panache 3/3 | Active Conditions: None

Toshiko will draw a dagger from her bandolier and idly fidget with it. Not in an aggressive way, she just needs to fidget. After a moment she begins cleaning her nails with it.

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || ||The Prince of Augustana || Mosquito Witch ||

The masked priest runs off into another room, "Fools, you just had to interfere didn't you! Warriors of Lamashtu, kill the pathfinders!"

initiatives:

Hiiragi: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Ikari: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Itami: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Juzo: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
Kenta: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Sinnoch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Toshiko: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
enemies: 4d20 + 6 ⇒ (19, 16, 10, 6) + 6 = 57

All the mourners and lepers outside the bedroom flee at the sound of combat; only those inside are members of this priest's group. Her "warriors" appear to be unarmed lepers that are barely better than commoners.
Ignore the furniture in the room, there isn't an official map for this fight
Initiative Order, Bold May Go!
Map Slide
Juzo
Toshiko
Sinnoch
Kenta

Enemies
Hiiragi
Ikari
Itami

Liberty's Edge

”Toshiko” | Female CG Kitsune Swashbuckler (Flying Blade) 2 | HP 20/22 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 | CMD 16 | F +3 R +8 W +0 (+3 vs. charms, compulsions) | Init +4 | Perc +4 | Speed 30ft | Panache 3/3 | Active Conditions: None

Tshiko moves forward and throws a dagger at the one on the left.

Dagger: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19 Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Grand Lodge

Bardic Performance 10/10 rounds Kitsune Bard 2 |13/13 Hp | AC 15, T 13, FF 12 | Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +3 | Perception +4 |

"You will find that Pathfinders look after their own, even after they fall!"

Begin Inspire Courage {+1 to Hit/Damage & saves vs FEAR}

P.S. I also added color to the boxes to better identify the sympathitic mourners bad guys.

Liberty's Edge

LG Male Kitsune Paladin 2 | Mods: NA | HP: 22/22| AC/Tch/FF 18/12/16 | CMD 16 | F/R/W +8/+5/+7 | Speed 30ft (20ft in armor) | Smite Evil: 1/1, +1 Star Folio Re-Roll: 1/1 | LoH: 4/4, Dancing Lights: 3/3| Perc: +1 (LL), SM: +5 | Init: +2

Quiet until the deception was exposed, Kenta felt pity for the diseased leppers. But then a silent fury takes him over when the lie is exposed... a lie that protects a horrific truth.

Kenta springs into action and moves up, hands reaching over his head and gripping the large sword clasped to his back. With a quick practiced motion he rips it up and then back down at one of the priests, "DEMON WORSHIPPERS!?! My only grace is to strike you down quickly!"

Move while drawing greatsword, Attack Blue.

Greatsword - Power Attack + IC: 1d20 + 4 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 4 - 1 + 1 = 6 for Slashing + PA + IC: 2d6 + 3 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (3, 3) + 3 + 3 + 1 = 13

Sovereign Court

N Male Kitsune Mesmerist (Vexing Daredevil) 1/Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) 1 | HP: 18/18 | AC: 17 T: 14 FF: 13 | CMB: 0, CMD: 14 | F: 1 R: 8 W: 2 | Init: 9 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None
Resources:
| Tricks: 5/5 | Mesmerist Spells: (1st): 2/2 | Panache: 3/4

"Well, that isn't surprising in the least. Living beings are much easier to read." Juzo says as the commotion begins while he was distracted in disgust at the lepers.

He steps up and begins casting a spell the others remember well. Hazy swirls of magic energy start to build.

"These wretches already look to be headed to the grave. Perhaps they should rest." he scoffs looking over the supposed warriors.

Start Casting Sleep.

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || ||The Prince of Augustana || Mosquito Witch ||

Toshiko's dagger embeds itself into the shoulder of one of the lepers. He clutches his shoulder as he collapses to the ground, conscious, but out of the fight.

Kenta's weapon gets stuck on the wall as he didn't account for the tight quarters of the fight, but he quickly pulls it out for another swing.

The priest casts a spell and touches blue with it. Blue seems to become much more muscular as though he just lifted weights for months to get buff.

Blue, with his new found muscules, tries to punch Kenta.
unarmed strike (IUS): 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 1 + 2 = 14
damage: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
But his fist slams into Kenta's chain shirt harmlessly

White on the right steps forward and also tries to hit Kenta.
unarmed strike: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
damage: 1d3 ⇒ 3
But Kenta easily ducks under the blow.

Initiative Order, Bold May Go!
Map Slide
Juzo
Toshiko
Sinnoch
Kenta

Enemies
Hiiragi
Ikari
Itami

Sovereign Court

N Male Kitsune Mesmerist (Vexing Daredevil) 1/Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) 1 | HP: 18/18 | AC: 17 T: 14 FF: 13 | CMB: 0, CMD: 14 | F: 1 R: 8 W: 2 | Init: 9 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None
Resources:
| Tricks: 5/5 | Mesmerist Spells: (1st): 2/2 | Panache: 3/4

Juzo centers the spell on blue whom he continues to stare at and waits to see if it takes effect.

Finish casting Sleep centered on blue who has -2 to Will Saves. DC 15 to avoid conking out. Will take my actions after what happens with the spell.

Grand Lodge

Female N Kitsune Cleric of Daikitsu 1/Primal Hunter 1 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | 17/17 hp | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +5| Init +2 | Percep +7 | CMD 14

Hiiragi moves into the room, drawing her flail and then realizing that, as a level 1 cleric, she's already out of actions.

Liberty's Edge

LG Male Kitsune Paladin 2 | Mods: NA | HP: 22/22| AC/Tch/FF 18/12/16 | CMD 16 | F/R/W +8/+5/+7 | Speed 30ft (20ft in armor) | Smite Evil: 1/1, +1 Star Folio Re-Roll: 1/1 | LoH: 4/4, Dancing Lights: 3/3| Perc: +1 (LL), SM: +5 | Init: +2

Save vs. Ally's Spell...: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

Kenta easily ignores his ally's attempt to put him to sleep and steps to the side to swing at the true threat, "Evil spells will not SAVE YOUR SOUL! This ends NOW!"

5-ft step, Move to Detect Evil on boss, Standard to attack boss.

Greatsword - Power Attack + IC: 1d20 + 4 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 4 - 1 + 1 = 12 for Slashing + PA + IC: 2d6 + 3 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (1, 3) + 3 + 3 + 1 = 11

Dark Archive

Kitsune Sorcerer 3| HP: 17/17 | AC: 13 T: 13 FF: 10 CMD: 11 | F+2 R+4 W+4 +2 vs mind/poison | Init +3 | Perception +1, Low-Light Vision
Tracked Resources:
Spells: 1st 4/6; Vanishing 7/7; Magic Missile: 39/50; Infernal Healing 50/50

Seeing Juzo already casting a Sleep spell, Itami pulls out his wand and trains it out the enemy caster. "This is a sickening display. Who let these freaks alone with Targos' corpse?"
________
Readied to Magic Missile on Casting
Magic Missile vs Red: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

The Exchange

active effects:
Male Kitsune Barbarian (urban, elemental kin) 1 / Cleric ('varisian' pilgrim) 1 | current AC 17 (18) T 13 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +6 R +3 W +3 | CMD 15 |Init +3 | Perc +5 | Rage 6/6 | Channel 4/4 | Grow 4/4 | Calm 4/4

"Grrrr."

Ikari enters the room, swerving past the lead leper.

acrobatics to avoid possible AoO from white: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

Then thrusts his spear at the same cultist.

spear vs white, controlled rage, bard: 1d20 + 3 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 3 + 2 + 1 = 20damage: 1d8 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 = 8

AoOs if triggered:

AoO 1: 1d20 + 3 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 3 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 17damage: 1d8 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 = 8
AoO 2: 1d20 + 3 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 3 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 19damage: 1d8 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 1 = 11
AoO 3: 1d20 + 3 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 12damage: 1d8 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 1 = 11

Grand Lodge

Bardic Performance 10/10 rounds Kitsune Bard 2 |13/13 Hp | AC 15, T 13, FF 12 | Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +3 | Perception +4 |

I will delay for now, pending saves vs Sleep

Liberty's Edge

”Toshiko” | Female CG Kitsune Swashbuckler (Flying Blade) 2 | HP 20/22 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 | CMD 16 | F +3 R +8 W +0 (+3 vs. charms, compulsions) | Init +4 | Perc +4 | Speed 30ft | Panache 3/3 | Active Conditions: None

I also will wait and see where we sit before I throw more knives.

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || ||The Prince of Augustana || Mosquito Witch ||

Let's see, creatures with lowest HD are affected first in a 10ft burst.

Ikari rushes into the room and stabs his spear straight through white with ease.

Kenta needs a save, but passes.

Ikari needs a save

blue: 1d20 - 1 - 2 ⇒ (5) - 1 - 2 = 2

Hiiragi needs a save

Kenta pings an aura of evil off of the priest and the smacks into the evil aura with his greatsword. (Huh, never realized it was a move action. That makes it great to check before smiting!)

Initiative Order, Bold May Go!
Map Slide
Juzo
Toshiko
Sinnoch

Kenta
Enemies, blue asleep, boss -11
Hiiragi, need a DC 15 will save vs sleep
Ikari, need a DC 15 will save vs sleep
Itami, readied action

Grand Lodge

Female N Kitsune Cleric of Daikitsu 1/Primal Hunter 1 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 | 17/17 hp | Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +5| Init +2 | Percep +7 | CMD 14

I was outside the room when the spell went off; do I still need a save? If so:

Will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Liberty's Edge

”Toshiko” | Female CG Kitsune Swashbuckler (Flying Blade) 2 | HP 20/22 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 | CMD 16 | F +3 R +8 W +0 (+3 vs. charms, compulsions) | Init +4 | Perc +4 | Speed 30ft | Panache 3/3 | Active Conditions: None

Toshiko steps out and across in from of Hiiragi and tosses another dagger. This time at the boss.

Dagger: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13 Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

The Exchange

active effects:
Male Kitsune Barbarian (urban, elemental kin) 1 / Cleric ('varisian' pilgrim) 1 | current AC 17 (18) T 13 FF 14 | HP 22/22 | F +6 R +3 W +3 | CMD 15 |Init +3 | Perc +5 | Rage 6/6 | Channel 4/4 | Grow 4/4 | Calm 4/4

Oops.

will vs sleep, rage: 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 1 + 2 = 19

"A warrior's job is never done!"

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || ||The Prince of Augustana || Mosquito Witch ||

Oh right, I forgot people could move around during turns cause PbP. Nah, you're fine Hiiragi, it would hit the boss instead, but she's got too much HD by that point to be affected.

Sovereign Court

N Male Kitsune Mesmerist (Vexing Daredevil) 1/Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) 1 | HP: 18/18 | AC: 17 T: 14 FF: 13 | CMB: 0, CMD: 14 | F: 1 R: 8 W: 2 | Init: 9 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None
Resources:
| Tricks: 5/5 | Mesmerist Spells: (1st): 2/2 | Panache: 3/4

Hand Crossbow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1
Critical COnfirm: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1

"Well, that honestly went better than I expected. Your minions are down so I recommend giving up." Juzo says while firing a bolt from his crossbow.

Grand Lodge

Bardic Performance 10/10 rounds Kitsune Bard 2 |13/13 Hp | AC 15, T 13, FF 12 | Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +6 | Init +3 | Perception +4 |

The bard continues to inspire her allies as she takes a step to have a better view of the priest.

Inspire Courage 2 of 8 rounds. 6 Remain

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || ||The Prince of Augustana || Mosquito Witch ||

Juzo's crossbow bolt cuts into the priest while Toshiko's dagger slices part of his leg. With no friends and many wounds, the battle isn't looking too good for the priest.

"Wait, wait! I give up, no need to kill me, I'll just run for it!" the priest says as he kneels on the ground.

Combat Over!
What to do with a priest of Lamashtu?

1 to 50 of 356 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Zer0darkfire's 0-03 Murder on The Silken Caravan All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.