[PFS]Season 4: Year of the Risen Rune (Cwethan section)

Game Master Cwethan

Maps & Handouts


101 to 150 of 668 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 18, t 14, ff 15 | CMB 0, CMD 13 | F+5, R+7, W+2; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | Speed 20' | Init+3 | Perc+8 | Extracts: shield, targeted bomb admixture, UNUSED, UNUSED | Bomb: 8/8 | Mutagen: active | Active conditions: none
DEX mutagen:
Init+5 | Perc+7 | AC 22, t 16, ff 17 | R+9, W+1 | CMD 15

Wilen draws his crossbow and follows Declan and his lights.


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

To the north, on a raised platform, stand leathery brown statues of withered and emaciated humans posed as though attentively observing passersby. The statues have a grim, realistic appearance, and each one is flayed and modified in a unique way.

Their throats and wrists have been slit, and most of their mouths are sewn shut. Some of them have their forearms separated between the ulna and radius, splitting even the fingers of the hands to create additional appendages. Others have portions of their skulls removed and replaced with a different, leathery material. Some have had their ribs split, pried out, and sharpened to points. One figure in the middle of the display sits with arms raised, palms out; its mouth gapes open showing that its teeth have been pulled out, filed to points, and then embedded into its hands.

Heal or Perception DC 15:
The bodies are ancient, if incredibly well preserved, but you can still tell they used to be living people.

Past this hall of horrors, Declan can dimly make out a chamber with dozens of what look like bodies scattered across the floor.

The Exchange

Human Slayer (bounty hunter) 3 | AC 17 (T 15/FF 13) | CMB +6 CMD 20 (FF 16) | HP 26/26 | Init +6 | Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +3 | Perception +9 | 30' Speed (buffed to 40', 9 rounds) |

"Ok," says Duncan. "This place is officially a freak show. Let's just get in and get out. Looks like those mannequins were once real people. Hope we don't meet whatever likes to play those kind of games with anatomy."

He makes sure the others are following and moves on toward the bodies on the floor.

Heal: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

The wall decorations of cultists engaged in horrific rituals continue into the chamber. Ages-old blood stains the floor and walls in dusty flakes. A mosaic similar to the one in the temple above covers the floor, or at least it does where you can glimpse it through the dozens of naked corpses.

Heal DC 12:
They've been preserved in a similar mummification to the statues behind you, but you notice that many broad strips of skin were cut from each of them.

Perception DC 12:
On the far wall you notice an irregularity. A doorway, stopped up with stone, mostly fixed in place with dried clay. It doesn't look as though it was meant to be hidden, but the copious blood stains splashed across the walls have done that regardless.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 18, t 14, ff 15 | CMB 0, CMD 13 | F+5, R+7, W+2; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | Speed 20' | Init+3 | Perc+8 | Extracts: shield, targeted bomb admixture, UNUSED, UNUSED | Bomb: 8/8 | Mutagen: active | Active conditions: none
DEX mutagen:
Init+5 | Perc+7 | AC 22, t 16, ff 17 | R+9, W+1 | CMD 15

Heal, DC12: 1d20 ⇒ 20

They've been preserved in a similar mummification to the statues behind us. However, I see that many broad strips of skin were cut from each of them.

Wilen shudders as he describes these unsettling details.

Perception, DC12: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

Wilen notices something at the far wall and points.

Over there, a doorway, stopped up with stone, mostly fixed in place with dried clay. I don't think it was intentionally hidden, though we might have easily missed it for the splattered blood.

Again, he shudders visibly from the shoulders up. His lip twitches a bit at the corner.

This place is.... pleasant.

Grand Lodge

1/2 Elf Arcanist 1/Rogue (Unchained) 2| AC 18, FF 15, T 13| HP 20/20| F +1 R +5 W +3; +2 v ench| Perception +9| Spells Lvl 1: 0/3; Cantrip: 4/at will

"Closed up after the temple was built? Almost like they were trying to keep something in." Like upstairs, Declan goes over the doorway to see if it has been recently opened and closed again.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

If it has, he'll give it a once over to see if it is safe to reopen again.
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
Disable Device: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (16) + 14 = 30

Otherwise, Declan will about face and go down the other passageway.

Scarab Sages

Male Human Investigator 4 Init +3 HP 29/29 AC 18 T 13 FF 15 Fort +2 Ref+7 Will +4 Per +8 Move 30 Insp 5/5

That's really disgusting.. Who, or what , could do this to someone? In fact, I'm not that in a hurry to find the answer to my question..

Silver Crusade

Female NG Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 3 | HP: 28/28| AC: 25( 11Tch, 24 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 17 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +3; +2 vs. emotion/ pain spells | Init: +1 | Perc: +7, SM: +7 | Speed 20ft | Tactician(Precise Strike): 1/1 |Active conditions: Sisterhood Style(+1 Relfex/Will)

Marianna uncomfortably waits until everyone else is down the hall, and brings up the rear, letting her torch bob around her as she keeps her shield turned toward where things could be hiding. "You'd be unpleasantly surprised at what people can do to others for a variety of reasons," she says with only a slight waver in her voice. "My sisters and I have a variety of scars, both physical and mental, from a lesser source of depravity. There's a reason for the closed faceplates."

Dark Archive

Male LN Human Oracle of Lore 3.2 | AC 21 (T 13/FF 18) | CMB +3 CMD 14 (FF 13) | HP 18/18 | Init +1 | Fort +1 Ref +4 Will +3 | Perception +0 | Languages: Common, Celestial, Draconic, Undercommon | Clouded Vision (Cannot see beyond 30') | Darkvision 30' | 20' Speed |Think on It: 1/1 | Spells 1: 6/6 | Active Conditions:

Continuing along with the group. Even though he is disgusted by the sight of the dead bodies and their state, he is still fascinated by what the reveal about the previous inhabitants of the place.

"Many cults and religions in the past and a few that exist today, practiced horrible rituals like what we see here."


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

It looks as though this doorway has been sealed for quite a while. You don't see anyway to open it aside from battering through the barricade - fortunately it doesn't seem to be architecturally integral to the wall.

Straight on through? Or back the other way?

Grand Lodge

1/2 Elf Arcanist 1/Rogue (Unchained) 2| AC 18, FF 15, T 13| HP 20/20| F +1 R +5 W +3; +2 v ench| Perception +9| Spells Lvl 1: 0/3; Cantrip: 4/at will

Back the other way.


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

You follow the stone halls through a couple of twists and turns until it dead-ends in another barricaded portal. It too shows no signs of any creature's passage.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 18, t 14, ff 15 | CMB 0, CMD 13 | F+5, R+7, W+2; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | Speed 20' | Init+3 | Perc+8 | Extracts: shield, targeted bomb admixture, UNUSED, UNUSED | Bomb: 8/8 | Mutagen: active | Active conditions: none
DEX mutagen:
Init+5 | Perc+7 | AC 22, t 16, ff 17 | R+9, W+1 | CMD 15

Perception, traps on portal?: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

It's starting to look like we're going to have to break through one of these. We may as well start with this one. Ready when you are strong-folk!


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Wilen doesn't find any traps on the walled off portal.

Silver Crusade

Female NG Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 3 | HP: 28/28| AC: 25( 11Tch, 24 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 17 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +3; +2 vs. emotion/ pain spells | Init: +1 | Perc: +7, SM: +7 | Speed 20ft | Tactician(Precise Strike): 1/1 |Active conditions: Sisterhood Style(+1 Relfex/Will)

"Understood," Marianna says as she sheathes her sword and stows her shield. After a moment of digging in her backpack, the ex-Maiden draws out a iron bar, which she efficiently folds out into a mining pick. "Here goes, " she says, before swing to break through the wall.


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

GM Screen:
1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Marianna's pick scrapes against the hard stone once Wilen gives the all clear, but doesn't make a lot of progress. However, as she raises it for the next strike, the distinctive sound of stone grinding on stone reverberates down the hall, and the barricade falls away with ease - behind the fallen barricade rears a large, undulating mass of black goo from which rotted and broken bones protrude!

Spoiler:
Declan: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Duncan: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Juis: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Lebraerio: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Marianna: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Wilen: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Bad Guys: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (12) - 3 = 9

Dark
The Bold may Go!

Declan Illuminated
Duncan

Goo Monster!
Marianna Illuminated
Juis
Wilen
Lebraerio Illuminated

Knowledge (religion) DC 16:
This is an Undead Ooze, an ooze taken over by a wretched and hate-filled spirit, and possessing the typical strengths and weaknesses of both creatures, though guided by a cruel if primitive mind.

This particular specimen appears weakened and malnourished by its long imprisonment in such close confines.

Grand Lodge

1/2 Elf Arcanist 1/Rogue (Unchained) 2| AC 18, FF 15, T 13| HP 20/20| F +1 R +5 W +3; +2 v ench| Perception +9| Spells Lvl 1: 0/3; Cantrip: 4/at will

Knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

Declan stays back from the monstrosity. "It's an undead ooze. Beware!"

Disrupt Undead: RTouch
To Hit: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14 To Hurt: 1d6 ⇒ 2


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Even through the fray Declan's beam strikes home, burning away at the necrotic goo.

Since you beat the DC by 5 you can ask an additional question if you wish

Dark
The Bold may Go!

Declan Illuminated
Duncan
Undead Ooze -2
Marianna Illuminated
Juis
Wilen
Lebraerio Illuminated

The Exchange

Human Slayer (bounty hunter) 3 | AC 17 (T 15/FF 13) | CMB +6 CMD 20 (FF 16) | HP 26/26 | Init +6 | Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +3 | Perception +9 | 30' Speed (buffed to 40', 9 rounds) |

Duncan launches a pair of arrows at the ooze, not sure if they'll have any effect or not, but it's the best he can do until the smarter ones figure out how to kill this thing.

After shooting, Duncan steps back a step, in order to clear space for others.

Duncan bow, rapid shot 1, PBS: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 5 + 1 = 16
Duncan bow, rapid shot 2, PBS: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 1 = 8
Dmg 1, PBS: 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 = 6
Dmg 2, PBS: 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 = 5

Grand Lodge

1/2 Elf Arcanist 1/Rogue (Unchained) 2| AC 18, FF 15, T 13| HP 20/20| F +1 R +5 W +3; +2 v ench| Perception +9| Spells Lvl 1: 0/3; Cantrip: 4/at will

Does it have any special defenses?


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Aside from typical ooze and undead traits, Declan surmises that this ooze would likely be immune to attacks based on cold.

One of Duncan's arrows scrapes off a particularly dense knot of bones, but the other punches a very slow to close hole through its mass.

It flails with surprisingly long pseudopods, but even caught off guard, Wilen is trivially able to avoid them.

Slam: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Bludgeoning + Cold: 1d6 - 1 + 1d4 ⇒ (3) - 1 + (3) = 5

Dark
The Bold may Go!

Declan Illuminated
Duncan

Undead Ooze -8
Marianna Illuminated
Juis
Wilen
Lebraerio Illuminated

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 18, t 14, ff 15 | CMB 0, CMD 13 | F+5, R+7, W+2; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | Speed 20' | Init+3 | Perc+8 | Extracts: shield, targeted bomb admixture, UNUSED, UNUSED | Bomb: 8/8 | Mutagen: active | Active conditions: none
DEX mutagen:
Init+5 | Perc+7 | AC 22, t 16, ff 17 | R+9, W+1 | CMD 15

Well this definitely looks flammable...

Clarity: since this creature is large, Wilen is aiming at the back row square lined up with him.
Bomb attack vs. touch AC: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
FIRE damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (4, 2) + 4 = 10
splash damage: 2 + 3 = 5
if it misses it lands...: 1d8 ⇒ 5 => "behind", but given that there's a wall there it can't really, so it still lands in the ooze's square and it takes splash damage

He then cautiously backs away and loads his crossbow.
5' step
reload crossbow

Dark Archive

Male LN Human Oracle of Lore 3.2 | AC 21 (T 13/FF 18) | CMB +3 CMD 14 (FF 13) | HP 18/18 | Init +1 | Fort +1 Ref +4 Will +3 | Perception +0 | Languages: Common, Celestial, Draconic, Undercommon | Clouded Vision (Cannot see beyond 30') | Darkvision 30' | 20' Speed |Think on It: 1/1 | Spells 1: 6/6 | Active Conditions:

Juis begins chanting a prayer and everyone fills more confident for this battle.

Cast Bless: Everyone gets +1 Attack & vs Fear for 30 rounds

Grand Lodge

1/2 Elf Arcanist 1/Rogue (Unchained) 2| AC 18, FF 15, T 13| HP 20/20| F +1 R +5 W +3; +2 v ench| Perception +9| Spells Lvl 1: 0/3; Cantrip: 4/at will

Declan continues with the Disrupt Undead.

Disrupt Undead: RTouch, bless
To Hit: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 3 + 1 = 21 To Hurt: 1d6 ⇒ 3


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Wilen ducks beneath the sweep of another pseudopod and blasts a substantial hole in the black goop, revealing the shattered remains of some poor partially digested skeleton. Declan's cantrips continue to scorch away at the undulating mass as well while Juis's exhortations boost the group's morale!

AoO: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Bludgeoning+Cold: 1d6 - 1 + 1d4 ⇒ (5) - 1 + (1) = 5

Dark
#Blessed
The Bold may Go!

Declan Illuminated
Duncan
Undead Ooze -21
Marianna Illuminated
Juis
Wilen
Lebraerio Illuminated

Silver Crusade

Female NG Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 3 | HP: 28/28| AC: 25( 11Tch, 24 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 17 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +3; +2 vs. emotion/ pain spells | Init: +1 | Perc: +7, SM: +7 | Speed 20ft | Tactician(Precise Strike): 1/1 |Active conditions: Sisterhood Style(+1 Relfex/Will)

"Blast It!,"Marianna curses as she drops her any-tool and re-draws her sword and shield, staying where she is to hold the mass at bay.

Free action - drop any-tool
Move action - don Shield
Move action - draw sword

The Exchange

Human Slayer (bounty hunter) 3 | AC 17 (T 15/FF 13) | CMB +6 CMD 20 (FF 16) | HP 26/26 | Init +6 | Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +3 | Perception +9 | 30' Speed (buffed to 40', 9 rounds) |

Firing again, Duncan takes a few seconds to study the oozing undead first, and as such gets just one shot off, but it is better aimed to hit and for damage.

Duncan bow, PBS, studied: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 7 + 1 + 1 = 21
Dmg, if hit, PBS, studied: 1d8 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 1 + 1 = 9

Scarab Sages

Male Human Investigator 4 Init +3 HP 29/29 AC 18 T 13 FF 15 Fort +2 Ref+7 Will +4 Per +8 Move 30 Insp 5/5

Bless,studied target: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 6 + 1 + 2 = 29
Dmg: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Bless,studied target, Crit?: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 1 + 2 = 14
Dmg: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Lebraerio prepares his strike, studying the undead blob a few seconds, before hitting the creature with his short sword.

He seems a little disappointed by the result of his magnificent swordmanship, however


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Duncan and Lebraerio carve the ooze apart between them; even the gently rattling skeletons trapped in its ichor falling still.

Unfortunately, there doesn't appear to be any thing aside from the ooze in the recently uncovered space, and when you examine the grinding sound that accompanied the ooze's appearance, you discover that the path that you had followed is now sealed off by a tremendous stone block!

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 18, t 14, ff 15 | CMB 0, CMD 13 | F+5, R+7, W+2; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | Speed 20' | Init+3 | Perc+8 | Extracts: shield, targeted bomb admixture, UNUSED, UNUSED | Bomb: 8/8 | Mutagen: active | Active conditions: none
DEX mutagen:
Init+5 | Perc+7 | AC 22, t 16, ff 17 | R+9, W+1 | CMD 15

Interesting. I wonder if our breaking down one wall triggered this...

Wilen looks investigates near the block to see if there's a switch or other trigger.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

Grand Lodge

1/2 Elf Arcanist 1/Rogue (Unchained) 2| AC 18, FF 15, T 13| HP 20/20| F +1 R +5 W +3; +2 v ench| Perception +9| Spells Lvl 1: 0/3; Cantrip: 4/at will

Declan looks by the alcove where they fought for a trigger to reopen the way.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

I put some transparent black and white portraits up to illustrate searched areas

Neither Wilen nor Declan find any triggers or switches, but Wilen does note that the block isn't airtight along the corridor, though it's not by much. Still, at least you won't have to hold your breath while you find a way out of this...

Grand Lodge

1/2 Elf Arcanist 1/Rogue (Unchained) 2| AC 18, FF 15, T 13| HP 20/20| F +1 R +5 W +3; +2 v ench| Perception +9| Spells Lvl 1: 0/3; Cantrip: 4/at will

Declan starts to methodically check along the wall leading from the slime room to the blocked corridor.
"You might want to get comfortable. This could take a while."
Take 20 for 29 total.


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Declan eventually discovers a secret door hidden in the wall, as well as the catch to pivot it inward.

Bless has expired. Any other preparations before heading in?

Dark Archive

Male LN Human Oracle of Lore 3.2 | AC 21 (T 13/FF 18) | CMB +3 CMD 14 (FF 13) | HP 18/18 | Init +1 | Fort +1 Ref +4 Will +3 | Perception +0 | Languages: Common, Celestial, Draconic, Undercommon | Clouded Vision (Cannot see beyond 30') | Darkvision 30' | 20' Speed |Think on It: 1/1 | Spells 1: 6/6 | Active Conditions:

"I'm glad you found the secret door Declan. Would hate for us to try and burrow away out. That would take a long time."

Silver Crusade

Female NG Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 3 | HP: 28/28| AC: 25( 11Tch, 24 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 17 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +3; +2 vs. emotion/ pain spells | Init: +1 | Perc: +7, SM: +7 | Speed 20ft | Tactician(Precise Strike): 1/1 |Active conditions: Sisterhood Style(+1 Relfex/Will)

Marianna collects her any-tool and folds it back up for storage. "Yeah, I think we forgot about how awful Thassilonian ruins can be," she adds to the conversation. "Are we ready for whatever awfulness is behind this door?"

Grand Lodge

1/2 Elf Arcanist 1/Rogue (Unchained) 2| AC 18, FF 15, T 13| HP 20/20| F +1 R +5 W +3; +2 v ench| Perception +9| Spells Lvl 1: 0/3; Cantrip: 4/at will

Declan opens the door and goes in a few feet.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11 with See Magic activated.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 18, t 14, ff 15 | CMB 0, CMD 13 | F+5, R+7, W+2; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | Speed 20' | Init+3 | Perc+8 | Extracts: shield, targeted bomb admixture, UNUSED, UNUSED | Bomb: 8/8 | Mutagen: active | Active conditions: none
DEX mutagen:
Init+5 | Perc+7 | AC 22, t 16, ff 17 | R+9, W+1 | CMD 15

It doesn't give me the best feeling that this is the only way to go after being trapped by that block... in we go, I suppose!

Wilen looks out for traps as they proceed.

Perception, traps: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

The stench of death is strong in this ornate shrine. Another mosaic like that found in the grand temple above lies on the floor immediately west of the entryway. Two rows of slender columns carved with dizzying designs support the ceiling twenty feet overhead and every inch of the chamber's walls is covered with intricate sigils and pictograms. A fat pillar stands in the center of the chamber. Six fresh corpses lie on the floor near the base of this central pillar. An altar of red marble stands near the western wall, and it has iron manacles attached to its surface. The air is charged with palpable malevolence.

Wilen's keen eyes barely spot the true dangers however. Gaunt humanoid creatures with long, sharp teeth, still stained with the blood of the corpses at the pillar, their pallid flesh is stretched tightly over starved frames. One among them has a terrible madness gleaming in its eyes. Still wrapped in ornate robes of some horror perhaps best forgotten, their leader's jaw is not flesh and bone and muscle, it has somehow fused some piece of ornate metalwork to its face in its jaw's place.

As Wilen points out these fresh horrors, Declan is well aware that at least some magical auras are present.

Initiative:
Declan: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Duncan: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Juis: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Lebraerio: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Marianna: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Wilen: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Big Bad Leader Guy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
Bad Guys: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Dark
The Bold may Go!

Duncan
Lebraerio illuminated
Marianna illuminated
Declan illuminated
Wilen

Cannibalistic Horrors
Juis

Knowledge (religion) DC 11:
These creatures are ghouls! Cannibalistic undead who spread paralysis and disease with their claws and bite. Often they are led by physically similar creatures known as ghasts who also have a terrible cunning, and a terrible stench. More questions are available for each 5 you beat the DC by

Knowledge (religion or local) DC 15:
Their leader bears symbols of Yamasoth, the qlippoth lord of Cursed Kingdoms and Vile Experiments.

Grand Lodge

1/2 Elf Arcanist 1/Rogue (Unchained) 2| AC 18, FF 15, T 13| HP 20/20| F +1 R +5 W +3; +2 v ench| Perception +9| Spells Lvl 1: 0/3; Cantrip: 4/at will

Knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Make sure the one is a ghast and more about its special attacks.

Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

"Ghouls! And beware the one in back." Declan casts Vanish (3 rd) and moves into the room.


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

As Declan invisibly stalks through the room, a sudden stabbing pain shoots up his leg. This mosaic's pieces are at a slight angle and razor sharp, slicing through his footwear, and leaving him limping, but still hidden.

Their leader is indeed a ghast, which means that its paralysis will even affect elves, unlike its lesser minions. Also, up close its stench will surely be sickening unless you're tough enough to handle it. As a dark priest you'd also expect it to be able to unleash waves of negative energy to harm you or heal its minions.

GM Screen:
Caltrops: 1d20 ⇒ 101d20 ⇒ 171d20 ⇒ 1

Dark
The Bold may Go!

Duncan
Lebraerio illuminated
Marianna illuminated

Declan -1, half speed, invisible, illuminated
Wilen
Cannibalistic Horrors
Juis

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 18, t 14, ff 15 | CMB 0, CMD 13 | F+5, R+7, W+2; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | Speed 20' | Init+3 | Perc+8 | Extracts: shield, targeted bomb admixture, UNUSED, UNUSED | Bomb: 8/8 | Mutagen: active | Active conditions: none
DEX mutagen:
Init+5 | Perc+7 | AC 22, t 16, ff 17 | R+9, W+1 | CMD 15

Wilen pops what seems like the most important container off of his belt, quickly imbibing the contents.

Consume mutagen, standard action, +DEX, -WIS; duraction, 30m/300 rounds. NOTE the effective AC in the stat-line spoiler.

Draw crossbow, move action

The Exchange

Human Slayer (bounty hunter) 3 | AC 17 (T 15/FF 13) | CMB +6 CMD 20 (FF 16) | HP 26/26 | Init +6 | Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +3 | Perception +9 | 30' Speed (buffed to 40', 9 rounds) |

Duncan steps into the room, and pivots to the right of the door, being careful not to walk on the mosaic. He fires one bow-shot at what appears to be the leader of the pack.

Duncan longbow, piercing: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Dmg to ghast: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Duncan's arrow flies true, but it rattles off something hard and metallic hidden beneath the ghast's robes.

Dark
The Bold may Go!

Duncan
Lebraerio illuminated
Marianna illuminated

Declan -1, half speed, invisible, illuminated
Wilen - mutagened
Cannibalistic Horrors
Juis

Silver Crusade

Female NG Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 3 | HP: 28/28| AC: 25( 11Tch, 24 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 17 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +3; +2 vs. emotion/ pain spells | Init: +1 | Perc: +7, SM: +7 | Speed 20ft | Tactician(Precise Strike): 1/1 |Active conditions: Sisterhood Style(+1 Relfex/Will)

"Understood," Marianna retorts as she steps into the room. Noticing the sudden wet splotches on the mosaic, she stops herself from charging across them, instead choosing to pick her way across.

Swift action - Activating Sisterhood Style
Double move at half speed.

Scarab Sages

Male Human Investigator 4 Init +3 HP 29/29 AC 18 T 13 FF 15 Fort +2 Ref+7 Will +4 Per +8 Move 30 Insp 5/5

We'd better not let them coming too close from us, so

Lebraerio takes a potion and readies it as he enters the room

Get my Adhesive spittle extract ready


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

The lesser ghouls begin padding forward, one of them attempting to chew through Marianna's thick armor before she shoves it back. Behind them their master shrieks and cries out in ancient Thassilonian for them to prevent you from fleeing!

Despite this though, the fallen priest turns a wave of dreadful fear on Marianna, leaving her quaking in her boots!

Caltrops: 1d20 ⇒ 7

Bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Dark
The Bold may Go!

Duncan
Lebraerio illuminated
Marianna illuminated, Shaken, DC 17 Will [emotion, fear, mind affecting] or frightened for Rounds: 1d4 ⇒ 2
Declan -1, half speed, invisible, illuminated
Wilen - mutagened

Cannibalistic Horrors
Juis

Grand Lodge

1/2 Elf Arcanist 1/Rogue (Unchained) 2| AC 18, FF 15, T 13| HP 20/20| F +1 R +5 W +3; +2 v ench| Perception +9| Spells Lvl 1: 0/3; Cantrip: 4/at will

Declan hobbles invisibly closer to the ghast.

Full move at half speed

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 18, t 14, ff 15 | CMB 0, CMD 13 | F+5, R+7, W+2; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | Speed 20' | Init+3 | Perc+8 | Extracts: shield, targeted bomb admixture, UNUSED, UNUSED | Bomb: 8/8 | Mutagen: active | Active conditions: none
DEX mutagen:
Init+5 | Perc+7 | AC 22, t 16, ff 17 | R+9, W+1 | CMD 15

Wilen slinks through the door, and carefully past Duncan to avoid the mosaic.

20', move action

He pulls out a bomb and configures some switches and valves on it before lobbing it across the mosaic at the nearest cannibalistic horror...

bomb attack vs. blue, mutagen: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22
F damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (1, 5) + 4 = 10
Excluding squares with Precise Bombs: NE (avoids Marianna on a direct hit)
If it misses it lands...: 1d8 ⇒ 6 => NW of blue; blue would take splash damage (DC14 reflex for half)
F splash damage: 2 + 3 = 5


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Wilen's bomb tears open Marianna's assailant, but its unnatural vitality keeps it barely standing!

Dark
The Bold may Go!

Duncan
Lebraerio illuminated
Marianna illuminated, Shaken, DC 17 Will [emotion, fear, mind affecting] or frightened for 2 Rounds

Declan -1, half speed, invisible, illuminated
Wilen - mutagened
Cannibalistic Horrors (Blue -10)
Juis

101 to 150 of 668 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS]Season 4: Year of the Risen Rune (Cwethan section) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.