[PFS]Season 4: Year of the Risen Rune (Cwethan section)

Game Master Cwethan

Maps & Handouts


201 to 250 of 667 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 18, t 14, ff 15 | CMB 0, CMD 13 | F+5, R+7, W+2; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | Speed 20' | Init+3 | Perc+8 | Extracts: shield, targeted bomb admixture, UNUSED, UNUSED | Bomb: 8/8 | Mutagen: active | Active conditions: none
DEX mutagen:
Init+5 | Perc+7 | AC 22, t 16, ff 17 | R+9, W+1 | CMD 15

Oh, I see, I misinterpreted your flavor as describing high DR or something. In that case I shall keep trying :)

Silver Crusade

Female NG Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 3 | HP: 28/28| AC: 25( 11Tch, 24 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 17 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +3; +2 vs. emotion/ pain spells | Init: +1 | Perc: +7, SM: +7 | Speed 20ft | Tactician(Precise Strike): 1/1 |Active conditions: Sisterhood Style(+1 Relfex/Will)

Marianna keeps her attention on the ghast, even through the wild swings that she makes, as she tries to get between her the undead.

5-foot
Attack vs. Ghast

Attack(Sick,LC,Bless): 1d20 + 8 - 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 8 - 2 + 1 + 1 = 9

Grand Lodge

1/2 Elf Arcanist 1/Rogue (Unchained) 2| AC 18, FF 15, T 13| HP 20/20| F +1 R +5 W +3; +2 v ench| Perception +9| Spells Lvl 1: 0/3; Cantrip: 4/at will

Declan stumbles away from the ghoul and hides behind a pillar.

The Exchange

Human Slayer (bounty hunter) 3 | AC 17 (T 15/FF 13) | CMB +6 CMD 20 (FF 16) | HP 26/26 | Init +6 | Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +3 | Perception +9 | 30' Speed (buffed to 40', 9 rounds) |

Dropping his bow, and drawing his blade as he circled behind the ghast, Duncan tries to stab/skewer the ghast from behind, but the undead master's armor turns the stab aside.

Duncan sword, flanking: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 2 = 12

Free action to drop bow, draw sword as part of move. Use movement that circles behind ghast, avoiding an AoO. Standard to attack with sneak attack


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

The ghast carefully steps away from being surrounded, dark power gathering about it as it spits a single word at Marianna.

Thassilonian:
"Flee!"

Spellcraft DC 16:
The ghast just cast command, but, perhaps addled by a long imprisonment did so without finding a common language...

Cast Defensively: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25

Dark
#Blessed (+1 to hit)
Lion's Call (+1 to hit, expires next round)
The Bold may Go!

Duncan DC 15 Fort or sickened for minutes: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Lebraerio -19, illuminated, paralyzed for 1 Rounds
Marianna -10, illuminated, sickened for 7 minutes
Declan -20, staggered, half speed, illuminated, sickened for 7 minutes, diseased, -6 Int
Wilen -10, mutagened, sickened for 7 minutes

Ghast Priest -10, -2 AC, Challenged (+1 to hit)!
Juis -5

The Exchange

Human Slayer (bounty hunter) 3 | AC 17 (T 15/FF 13) | CMB +6 CMD 20 (FF 16) | HP 26/26 | Init +6 | Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +3 | Perception +9 | 30' Speed (buffed to 40', 9 rounds) |

The ghast moves to get out from being surrounded but even though its foul odor sickens Duncan, he is still nimble enough to circle behind him once again. Holding in the contents of his stomach, he continues the assault on the ghast, once again taking the advantage of stabbing from behind.

Duncan DC 15 fort: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 swell
Duncan longsword, flanking, sickened: 1d20 + 6 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 6 + 2 - 2 = 20
Dmg, if hit, sickened, sneak attack: 1d8 + 2 - 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 2 - 2 + (6) = 9

Hopefully, flanking gives Marianna a buff as well...

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 18, t 14, ff 15 | CMB 0, CMD 13 | F+5, R+7, W+2; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | Speed 20' | Init+3 | Perc+8 | Extracts: shield, targeted bomb admixture, UNUSED, UNUSED | Bomb: 8/8 | Mutagen: active | Active conditions: none
DEX mutagen:
Init+5 | Perc+7 | AC 22, t 16, ff 17 | R+9, W+1 | CMD 15

Wilen sprints out to the left to get a better angle to the side of Marianna.

20', move action

He aims and the dancing trio and waits until the spacing from the ghast is just right...

light crossbow attack (pbs, mutagened, sickened), P damage (cold iron, pbs): 1d20 + 8 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 8 + 2 - 2 = 121d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 welp, that almost certainly doesn't do it.

Grand Lodge

1/2 Elf Arcanist 1/Rogue (Unchained) 2| AC 18, FF 15, T 13| HP 20/20| F +1 R +5 W +3; +2 v ench| Perception +9| Spells Lvl 1: 0/3; Cantrip: 4/at will

Declan tries to cure himself of some of his hurt.

Use Magic Device: 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 7 - 2 = 23
Wand of Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Dark Archive

Male LN Human Oracle of Lore 3.2 | AC 21 (T 13/FF 18) | CMB +3 CMD 14 (FF 13) | HP 18/18 | Init +1 | Fort +1 Ref +4 Will +3 | Perception +0 | Languages: Common, Celestial, Draconic, Undercommon | Clouded Vision (Cannot see beyond 30') | Darkvision 30' | 20' Speed |Think on It: 1/1 | Spells 1: 6/6 | Active Conditions:

Juis loads his final magical stone into his sling and launches at the ghast.

After firing his last stone, not even seeing if it hit, he moves around the big pillar to get slightly behind Marianna.

Sling +Bless +Magic Stone -Into Melee: 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 3 + 1 + 1 - 4 = 16
Damage vs Undead: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (3, 3) + 2 = 8

Standard: Sling
Move: 20'

Silver Crusade

Female NG Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 3 | HP: 28/28| AC: 25( 11Tch, 24 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 17 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +3; +2 vs. emotion/ pain spells | Init: +1 | Perc: +7, SM: +7 | Speed 20ft | Tactician(Precise Strike): 1/1 |Active conditions: Sisterhood Style(+1 Relfex/Will)

With an almost mechanical reaction, Marianna continues her assualt on the ghast, only flickering her eyes to Duncan for an instant before shifting her stance slightly to give her and Duncan a better shot at the undead.

Swift action - Grant Duncan Precise Strike until beginning of my next turn
Attack vs. Ghast

Attack(Sick,Flank,LC,Bless): 1d20 + 8 - 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 8 - 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 16For(sick,PS, chall.): 1d8 + 3 - 2 + 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 3 - 2 + (6) + 1 = 9

If Ghast moves to attack Juis:

Aid(Bodyguard, Sick,Bless): 1d20 + 8 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 8 - 2 + 1 = 20


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Don't forget your buffs from Marianna and Juis Dunk - they were important just now! Also, I didn't see any reason for you not to be 2-handing your longsword for the extra point of damage, let me know if I got that wrong. Also included the extra +1 for you studying the ghast once your sword hit.

Marianna, Wilen, and Juis's attacks are batted away or turned aside by the priests armor and leathery skin, but Duncan is able to plant his sword deep into the creature's back!

The creature tears at Marianna, sending her tumbling to the ground before striking viciously at the oracle behind her!

Bite: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 10 + 2 = 32
Damage: 1d6 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 2 = 12
Claw: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 10 + 2 = 30
Damage: 1d4 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 2 = 11
Claw: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 10 + 2 = 17
Damage: 1d4 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 2 = 11

Confirm?: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 10 + 2 = 30
Damage: 1d6 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 2 = 9

Dark
#Blessed (+1 to hit)
The Bold may Go!

Duncan -11 Sickened for 10 minutes, Precise Strike
Lebraerio -19, illuminated
Marianna -31, illuminated, sickened for 7 minutes, dying, DC 15 fort or paralyzed for rounds: 1d4 ⇒ 1, DC 15 Fort or diseased
Declan -11, illuminated, sickened for 7 minutes, diseased, -6 Int
Wilen -10, mutagened, sickened for 7 minutes

Ghast Priest -21, -2 AC, Challenged (+1 to hit)!
Juis -16 DC 15 fort or paralyzed for rounds: 1d4 ⇒ 1

Grand Lodge

1/2 Elf Arcanist 1/Rogue (Unchained) 2| AC 18, FF 15, T 13| HP 20/20| F +1 R +5 W +3; +2 v ench| Perception +9| Spells Lvl 1: 0/3; Cantrip: 4/at will

Still very wounded but knowing his friends need his help right now, Declan cast Vanish and goes over to help Marianna. He has his dancing lights spell go to the next pillar.

Dark Archive

Male LN Human Oracle of Lore 3.2 | AC 21 (T 13/FF 18) | CMB +3 CMD 14 (FF 13) | HP 18/18 | Init +1 | Fort +1 Ref +4 Will +3 | Perception +0 | Languages: Common, Celestial, Draconic, Undercommon | Clouded Vision (Cannot see beyond 30') | Darkvision 30' | 20' Speed |Think on It: 1/1 | Spells 1: 6/6 | Active Conditions:

Juis AC is 21, so unless I miss something, that 17 would've missed.


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

It did; the critical bite dropped Marianna, so he got hit by the first claw (with a 30), then missed by the 17.
Also, sorry but both of those paralyses are for d4+1 rounds (as the other ones were), so they'll be for two rounds if failed, not one.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 18, t 14, ff 15 | CMB 0, CMD 13 | F+5, R+7, W+2; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | Speed 20' | Init+3 | Perc+8 | Extracts: shield, targeted bomb admixture, UNUSED, UNUSED | Bomb: 8/8 | Mutagen: active | Active conditions: none
DEX mutagen:
Init+5 | Perc+7 | AC 22, t 16, ff 17 | R+9, W+1 | CMD 15

Ah, Marianna! Juis, healing! Fast!

Wilen again reloads and fires at the ghast.

reload crossbow, move action
light crossbow attack (pbs, mutagened, sickened), P damage (cold iron, pbs): 1d20 + 8 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 8 + 2 - 2 = 111d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

He finds his aim too cautious firing around Declan.

The Exchange

Human Slayer (bounty hunter) 3 | AC 17 (T 15/FF 13) | CMB +6 CMD 20 (FF 16) | HP 26/26 | Init +6 | Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +3 | Perception +9 | 30' Speed (buffed to 40', 9 rounds) |

Duncan groans as Marianna goes down, the stench nearly overpowering him. As the undead plows into Juis, he steps behind the ghast and tries again to stab him where it hurts but misses, leaving himself open for counterattack by the paralyzing horror.

Duncan longsword, flanking, studied, bless, sickened: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 10

That looks like a miss. As I understand it, Precise Strike only works if flanking with someone else who has the feat (Marianna) so won't add with anyone else. Also, I don't recall Duncan being hit (yet), so unless I missed it, I don't think he is at -10.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 18, t 14, ff 15 | CMB 0, CMD 13 | F+5, R+7, W+2; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | Speed 20' | Init+3 | Perc+8 | Extracts: shield, targeted bomb admixture, UNUSED, UNUSED | Bomb: 8/8 | Mutagen: active | Active conditions: none
DEX mutagen:
Init+5 | Perc+7 | AC 22, t 16, ff 17 | R+9, W+1 | CMD 15

Duncan, that's the same -10 I've got from when the ghast channeled negative energy on us, several rounds back.

Dark Archive

Male LN Human Oracle of Lore 3.2 | AC 21 (T 13/FF 18) | CMB +3 CMD 14 (FF 13) | HP 18/18 | Init +1 | Fort +1 Ref +4 Will +3 | Perception +0 | Languages: Common, Celestial, Draconic, Undercommon | Clouded Vision (Cannot see beyond 30') | Darkvision 30' | 20' Speed |Think on It: 1/1 | Spells 1: 6/6 | Active Conditions:

Fort DC 15: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Once again, Juis feels his body freeze up and he is unable to move.


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

I'll give Lebraerio the rest of the day to chime in, since I can see a few reasonable paths forward for him, I'm loath to bot him. So my preference would be to delay and let him take a couple turns unless you guys vote for a particular course of action. (I figure it's between go in and start fighting, hang back and study without stabbing, or whip out a wand and start trying to cure people)

Silver Crusade

Female NG Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 3 | HP: 28/28| AC: 25( 11Tch, 24 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 17 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +3; +2 vs. emotion/ pain spells | Init: +1 | Perc: +7, SM: +7 | Speed 20ft | Tactician(Precise Strike): 1/1 |Active conditions: Sisterhood Style(+1 Relfex/Will)

Since I'm down, lemme just make the important rolls.

Con check, DC 10(sick): 1d20 + 2 - 3 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 - 3 - 2 = 10
Fort Save(Paralyzed),DC 15(sick): 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 5 - 2 = 11
Fort Save(Diseased),DC 15(sick): 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 5 - 2 = 18

Scarab Sages

Male Human Investigator 4 Init +3 HP 29/29 AC 18 T 13 FF 15 Fort +2 Ref+7 Will +4 Per +8 Move 30 Insp 5/5

Sorry I was on a business trip for the last two days

Lebraerio, as soon as he can move again, gets near Marianna and tries to drag her out of danger so he can heal her wounds


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Unable to send more waves of deathly power out over the assembled Pathfinder, the ghast seems to focus in intently on Declan's disappearance, launching forward to claw wildly at the vanished half elf!

Bite: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 10 + 2 = 21
Damage: 1d6 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 2 = 10
Miss: 1d100 ⇒ 36
Claw: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 10 + 2 = 14
Damage: 1d4 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 2 = 11
Miss: 1d100 ⇒ 21
Claw: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 10 + 2 = 31
Damage: 1d4 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 2 = 12
Miss: 1d100 ⇒ 48

Dark
#Blessed (+1 to hit)
The Bold may Go!

Duncan -11 Sickened for 10 minutes, Precise Strike
Lebraerio -19, illuminated

Marianna -31, illuminated, sickened for 7 minutes, stable, paralyzed
Declan -11, illuminated, sickened for 7 minutes, diseased, -6 Int
Wilen -10, mutagened, sickened for 7 minutes

Ghast Priest -21, -2 AC, Challenged (+1 to hit)!
Juis -16 paralyzed

Scarab Sages

Male Human Investigator 4 Init +3 HP 29/29 AC 18 T 13 FF 15 Fort +2 Ref+7 Will +4 Per +8 Move 30 Insp 5/5

studied target, Bless: 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 4 + 1 + 2 = 22
Dmg, Studied strike: 1d6 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 1 + (3) = 7

Lebraerio springs back into action, after a few seconds of studying the combat style of the ghast. His short sword finds a weak spot between the ribs, and gets deep into the rotting flesh

It's been some time since I last played Leb, hope I ain't wrong with studied target/studied strike


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

You get the extra +2 to damage from studied combat on the attack that uses up studied strike, but otherwise you're in good shape. You did need to get a little closer, but that also gave you a flank, so... huzzah! I would also recommend that if possible Declan and Duncan coordinate so as to allow for them to get their flanks in as well.

The ghast priest wheels on Lebraerio, an ugly look of madness in its ancient eyes.

Dark
#Blessed (+1 to hit)
The Bold may Go!

Duncan -11 Sickened for 10 minutes, Precise Strike
Lebraerio -19, illuminated
Marianna -31, illuminated, sickened for 7 minutes, stable, paralyzed
Declan -11, illuminated, sickened for 7 minutes, diseased, -6 Int
Wilen -10, mutagened, sickened for 7 minutes

Ghast Priest -30, -2 AC, Challenged (+1 to hit)!
Juis -16 paralyzed

Grand Lodge

1/2 Elf Arcanist 1/Rogue (Unchained) 2| AC 18, FF 15, T 13| HP 20/20| F +1 R +5 W +3; +2 v ench| Perception +9| Spells Lvl 1: 0/3; Cantrip: 4/at will

It's AC is too high for Declan to reliably hit unless he uses Disrupt Undead.

Declan moves around to try to get to Marianna to heal her.

Use Magic Device: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

Wand of Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Halfling Alchemist 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 18, t 14, ff 15 | CMB 0, CMD 13 | F+5, R+7, W+2; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | Speed 20' | Init+3 | Perc+8 | Extracts: shield, targeted bomb admixture, UNUSED, UNUSED | Bomb: 8/8 | Mutagen: active | Active conditions: none
DEX mutagen:
Init+5 | Perc+7 | AC 22, t 16, ff 17 | R+9, W+1 | CMD 15

Wilen backs up to the wall for more safe distance before reloading and shooting again.

5' step
reload crossbow, move action

The halfling focuses as a now-larger group shuffles around in front of them. His teammates make more accidental targets than the ghast in the middle. Thankfully most of his own are at the sides and behind it. He holds his breath to steady the crossbow just as the ghast settles into a position...

light crossbow attack (pbs, mutagened, sickened, vs challenged, blessed), P damage (cold iron, pbs): 1d20 + 8 + 2 - 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 8 + 2 - 2 + 1 + 1 = 291d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 finally a good roll!
confirm?, crit extra damage: 1d20 + 8 + 2 - 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 8 + 2 - 2 + 1 + 1 = 251d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

oh wow, max damage on a crit (hopefully)

The Exchange

Human Slayer (bounty hunter) 3 | AC 17 (T 15/FF 13) | CMB +6 CMD 20 (FF 16) | HP 26/26 | Init +6 | Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +3 | Perception +9 | 30' Speed (buffed to 40', 9 rounds) |

Moving again to flank with Leb, Duncan tries to fight thorugh the overwhelming stench and get this undead thing to the ground.

Duncan longsword, bless, study, sickened, flanking: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 1 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 6 + 1 + 1 - 2 + 2 = 21
Dmg, if hit, study, sickened, sneak: 1d8 + 2 + 1 - 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (8) + 2 + 1 - 2 + (2) = 11


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

As the ghast reels back from Wilen's precisely placed bolt, Duncan's blade barely pierces the priest's side with all the help of his allies, and his masterfully forged blade!

Staggering away from the heroes, the ghast pauses in its assault to repair its most grievous wounds.

Cast Defensively: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
2d8 + 5 ⇒ (6, 5) + 5 = 16

Dark
#Blessed (+1 to hit)
The Bold may Go!

Duncan -11 Sickened for 10 minutes, Precise Strike
Lebraerio -19, illuminated

Marianna -31, illuminated, sickened for 7 minutes, stable
Declan -11, illuminated, sickened for 7 minutes, diseased, -6 Int
Wilen -10, mutagened, sickened for 7 minutes

Ghast Priest -40, -2 AC, Challenged (+1 to hit)!
Juis -16

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 18, t 14, ff 15 | CMB 0, CMD 13 | F+5, R+7, W+2; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | Speed 20' | Init+3 | Perc+8 | Extracts: shield, targeted bomb admixture, UNUSED, UNUSED | Bomb: 8/8 | Mutagen: active | Active conditions: none
DEX mutagen:
Init+5 | Perc+7 | AC 22, t 16, ff 17 | R+9, W+1 | CMD 15

Aha! I found a weak spot!

The halfling hurriedly reloads his crossbow to exploit his new find.

reload crossbow, move action

light crossbow attack (pbs, mutagened, sickened, vs challenged, blessed), P damage (cold iron, pbs): 1d20 + 8 + 2 - 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 8 + 2 - 2 + 1 + 1 = 291d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 huh, a streak begins
confirm?, crit extra damage: 1d20 + 8 + 2 - 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 8 + 2 - 2 + 1 + 1 = 221d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Grand Lodge

1/2 Elf Arcanist 1/Rogue (Unchained) 2| AC 18, FF 15, T 13| HP 20/20| F +1 R +5 W +3; +2 v ench| Perception +9| Spells Lvl 1: 0/3; Cantrip: 4/at will

Declan tries again to heal Marianna.

Use Magic Device: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

Wand of Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Dark Archive

Male LN Human Oracle of Lore 3.2 | AC 21 (T 13/FF 18) | CMB +3 CMD 14 (FF 13) | HP 18/18 | Init +1 | Fort +1 Ref +4 Will +3 | Perception +0 | Languages: Common, Celestial, Draconic, Undercommon | Clouded Vision (Cannot see beyond 30') | Darkvision 30' | 20' Speed |Think on It: 1/1 | Spells 1: 6/6 | Active Conditions:

Juis limps toward Marianna, avoiding the ghast. Reaches down and touches Marianna, infusing her with healing power.

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Marianna jerks awake, drawing the eye of the fallen priest. Happily this allows Wilen to plant another painful bolt!

Dark
#Blessed (+1 to hit)
The Bold may Go!

Duncan -11 Sickened for 10 minutes, Precise Strike
Lebraerio -19, illuminated
Marianna -22, illuminated, sickened for 7 minutes, prone, disarmed, Conscious!

Declan -11, illuminated, sickened for 7 minutes, diseased, -6 Int
Wilen -10, mutagened, sickened for 7 minutes
Ghast Priest -47, -2 AC, Challenged (+1 to hit)!
Juis -16

The Exchange

Human Slayer (bounty hunter) 3 | AC 17 (T 15/FF 13) | CMB +6 CMD 20 (FF 16) | HP 26/26 | Init +6 | Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +3 | Perception +9 | 30' Speed (buffed to 40', 9 rounds) |

Duncan takes a 5' step back behind the wounded ghast and encourages Lebraerio to follow suit with a hand gesture. When the investigator moves, Duncan attacks once again, hoping this will put down the smelly undead leader.

Will post the attack as if flanking with Leb. If for some reason he does not take the flanking spot, subtract 2 from attack roll, and sneak attack die

Duncan longsword, flanking, bless, studied target, sickened: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 6 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 21
Dmg, if hit, studied target, sneak, sickened: 1d8 + 2 + 1 + 1d6 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 + 1 + (5) - 2 = 13

Scarab Sages

Male Human Investigator 4 Init +3 HP 29/29 AC 18 T 13 FF 15 Fort +2 Ref+7 Will +4 Per +8 Move 30 Insp 5/5

Lebraerio nods at Duncan and attack the ghast again. but without much success

Attack, Blessed, Flank: 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 + 2 = 10
Dmg: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

With a final cry, the ghastly priest folds up around Duncan's blade, collapsing to the floor in a heap of withered flesh!

A quick scan of the ghast reveals that both its armor and one of its rings are magical. Additionally, its replaced jawbone is magical, and seems to be another portion of the rare and intriguing Acrimony Veil that you'd found another piece of upstairs. But there are still more pieces missing...

Duncan -11 Sickened for 10 minutes
Lebraerio -19
Marianna -22, sickened for 7 minutes
Declan -11, sickened for 7 minutes, diseased, -6 Int
Wilen -10, mutagened, sickened for 7 minutes
Juis -16

Spellcraft DC 18 (The armor):
It's a mithral shirt +1

Spellcraft DC 20 (The ring):
It's a ring of protection +1

Grand Lodge

1/2 Elf Arcanist 1/Rogue (Unchained) 2| AC 18, FF 15, T 13| HP 20/20| F +1 R +5 W +3; +2 v ench| Perception +9| Spells Lvl 1: 0/3; Cantrip: 4/at will

Donovan sits down to recuperate from the fight. He takes a look at the items to try and determine what they were.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

He offers his Wand of Cure Light Wounds to heal his wounds.

Wand of Cure Light Wounds: 2d8 + 2 ⇒ (3, 6) + 2 = 11
Others are free to use it as well. Just let me know how many charges are used.

Scarab Sages

Male Human Investigator 4 Init +3 HP 29/29 AC 18 T 13 FF 15 Fort +2 Ref+7 Will +4 Per +8 Move 30 Insp 5/5

I could use some healing myself, if you don't mind.. but first we should put our valiant knight back on her feet.

Silver Crusade

Female NG Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 3 | HP: 28/28| AC: 25( 11Tch, 24 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 17 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +3; +2 vs. emotion/ pain spells | Init: +1 | Perc: +7, SM: +7 | Speed 20ft | Tactician(Precise Strike): 1/1 |Active conditions: Sisterhood Style(+1 Relfex/Will)

With her eyes shooting open, Marianna rolls to the side and scrambles up before noticing that the ghast is down. With a sigh of relief, she relaxes and digs out her own wand. "Thank the Inheritor that we downed it," she says as she offers the wand to anyone that can use it. "Let's recover a little before continuing our search through this abattoir."

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 18, t 14, ff 15 | CMB 0, CMD 13 | F+5, R+7, W+2; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | Speed 20' | Init+3 | Perc+8 | Extracts: shield, targeted bomb admixture, UNUSED, UNUSED | Bomb: 8/8 | Mutagen: active | Active conditions: none
DEX mutagen:
Init+5 | Perc+7 | AC 22, t 16, ff 17 | R+9, W+1 | CMD 15

Wilen looks over the loot...

spellcraft, DC18: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
spellcraft, DC20: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28

I'm not sure what's special about this mithril shirt, but this ring adds a bit of protection.

Dark Archive

Male LN Human Oracle of Lore 3.2 | AC 21 (T 13/FF 18) | CMB +3 CMD 14 (FF 13) | HP 18/18 | Init +1 | Fort +1 Ref +4 Will +3 | Perception +0 | Languages: Common, Celestial, Draconic, Undercommon | Clouded Vision (Cannot see beyond 30') | Darkvision 30' | 20' Speed |Think on It: 1/1 | Spells 1: 6/6 | Active Conditions:

With the ghast down, Juis sighs with relief before taking out his own wand and goes around healing others before healing himself.

Healing Party:
Wand of CLW on Duncan: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Wand of CLW on Duncan: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9 {14}

Wand of CLW on Libraerio: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Wand of CLW on Libraerio: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8 {16}

Wand of CLW on Marianna: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Wand of CLW on Marianna: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Wand of CLW on Marianna: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Wand of CLW on Marianna: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9 {22}

Wand of CLW on Wilen: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Wand of CLW on Wilen: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 {13}

Wand of CLW on Self: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Wand of CLW on Self: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Wand of CLW on Self: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 {16}

Total Charges used: 13

After healing everyone, he goes to check on the armor but can't identify it.

Spellcraft DC18: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 18, t 14, ff 15 | CMB 0, CMD 13 | F+5, R+7, W+2; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | Speed 20' | Init+3 | Perc+8 | Extracts: shield, targeted bomb admixture, UNUSED, UNUSED | Bomb: 8/8 | Mutagen: active | Active conditions: none
DEX mutagen:
Init+5 | Perc+7 | AC 22, t 16, ff 17 | R+9, W+1 | CMD 15

Juis, if you'd like to save both charges on Wilen...:

Consumes extract of CLW
CLW: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 this actually covers him

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 18, t 14, ff 15 | CMB 0, CMD 13 | F+5, R+7, W+2; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | Speed 20' | Init+3 | Perc+8 | Extracts: shield, targeted bomb admixture, UNUSED, UNUSED | Bomb: 8/8 | Mutagen: active | Active conditions: none
DEX mutagen:
Init+5 | Perc+7 | AC 22, t 16, ff 17 | R+9, W+1 | CMD 15

Wilen sites down with his alchemy kit and mixes one last extract for the day.

He had one unused extract for the day, each takes 1 minute to mix, so he's using the last slot on another Targeted Bomb Admixture.

Grand Lodge

1/2 Elf Arcanist 1/Rogue (Unchained) 2| AC 18, FF 15, T 13| HP 20/20| F +1 R +5 W +3; +2 v ench| Perception +9| Spells Lvl 1: 0/3; Cantrip: 4/at will

After a bit of rest (about 10 minutes) Declan begins to look around the alter and the rest of the room for a way to get past the fallen stone.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 9 + 1 = 16

Scarab Sages

Male Human Investigator 4 Init +3 HP 29/29 AC 18 T 13 FF 15 Fort +2 Ref+7 Will +4 Per +8 Move 30 Insp 5/5

Leb studies the armor

Spellcraft on armor: 1d20 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (18) + 7 + (1) = 26

It's a magical armor, made of mithril, so it's lighter.

+1 Mithril chain shirt

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 18, t 14, ff 15 | CMB 0, CMD 13 | F+5, R+7, W+2; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | Speed 20' | Init+3 | Perc+8 | Extracts: shield, targeted bomb admixture, UNUSED, UNUSED | Bomb: 8/8 | Mutagen: active | Active conditions: none
DEX mutagen:
Init+5 | Perc+7 | AC 22, t 16, ff 17 | R+9, W+1 | CMD 15

Wilen looks at the chain shirt with curiosity.

Well, that's very similar to what I have now. It would make a nice little improvement unless somebody else would like it.

If so, his AC will be 19/14/16 for the rest of this scenario.

Grand Lodge

1/2 Elf Arcanist 1/Rogue (Unchained) 2| AC 18, FF 15, T 13| HP 20/20| F +1 R +5 W +3; +2 v ench| Perception +9| Spells Lvl 1: 0/3; Cantrip: 4/at will

Declan's ok with it.


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

GM Screen:
Declan: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
Duncan: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
Juis: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (9) + 0 = 9
Lebraerio: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Marianna: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Wilen: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Bad Guys: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

I'm afraid that the armor is oversized for Wilen, sing out if anyone else is interested though.

A final search of the shrine uncovers a porcelain case full of obsidian scalpels, platinum needles, and other strange tools with what you're certain are unpleasant uses. Still, it's certainly valuable, both materially, artistically, and likely historically as well.

The offshoot corridor dead ends not far from where your flickering torchlight ends, but after a quick search, you uncover another sealed off portal, a little easier to see from this side. It will require a little bit of demolition, but you hope it should put you out in the corridor on the other side of the stone block.

Dark Archive

Male LN Human Oracle of Lore 3.2 | AC 21 (T 13/FF 18) | CMB +3 CMD 14 (FF 13) | HP 18/18 | Init +1 | Fort +1 Ref +4 Will +3 | Perception +0 | Languages: Common, Celestial, Draconic, Undercommon | Clouded Vision (Cannot see beyond 30') | Darkvision 30' | 20' Speed |Think on It: 1/1 | Spells 1: 6/6 | Active Conditions:

Looking at the sealed off portal, "Hmm... anyone think they are strong enough to break the seal?"

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 18, t 14, ff 15 | CMB 0, CMD 13 | F+5, R+7, W+2; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | Speed 20' | Init+3 | Perc+8 | Extracts: shield, targeted bomb admixture, UNUSED, UNUSED | Bomb: 8/8 | Mutagen: active | Active conditions: none
DEX mutagen:
Init+5 | Perc+7 | AC 22, t 16, ff 17 | R+9, W+1 | CMD 15

Doh! Darn big-folk armor!

The halfling businessman comes over to look at Declan's findings. Oh my, those are some wicked implements. He winces at the thought of how the needles might be used. I do not like needles...

He shrugs it off and moves on quickly as they head down the new corridor. So, I'm out of bomb material for today. Who else wants to pummel through this wall? He looks around at the beefier members of the group, expectantly.

Silver Crusade

Female NG Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 3 | HP: 28/28| AC: 25( 11Tch, 24 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 17 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +3; +2 vs. emotion/ pain spells | Init: +1 | Perc: +7, SM: +7 | Speed 20ft | Tactician(Precise Strike): 1/1 |Active conditions: Sisterhood Style(+1 Relfex/Will)

Marianna unrolls her bedroll, and methodically lays the tools on it in an attempt to carefully return them to the dig site outside. " Hopefully these will be of interest to the archaeologists," she says as she replaces the roll on her pack before the group pushes onward. "After we clear this place of threats, we can retrieve the bodies for burial."

As they reach the sealed portal, Marianna again stows her weapons and removes her anytool, to break though with it.

201 to 250 of 667 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS]Season 4: Year of the Risen Rune (Cwethan section) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.