[PFS]Season 4: Year of the Risen Rune (Cwethan section)

Game Master Cwethan

Maps & Handouts


301 to 350 of 667 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

Female NG Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 3 | HP: 28/28| AC: 25( 11Tch, 24 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 17 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +3; +2 vs. emotion/ pain spells | Init: +1 | Perc: +7, SM: +7 | Speed 20ft | Tactician(Precise Strike): 1/1 |Active conditions: Sisterhood Style(+1 Relfex/Will)

Will save,DC 12(SHS,PS): 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 3 + 1 + 2 = 24

In spite of the continued pain(or perhaps because of it), Marianna laughs again at the beast. She makes a hand gesture to Juis as she wards off an attack to post to a weak point, before starting her own attack."Did you think a little surge of rage would interfere with me?" she rhetorically asks as she drives her blade toward the gut of the sinspawn she's next to. With a step toward the other and under it's ranseur, she quickly gets her helm into it's face and snarls, "You know nothing about pain, and soon, you'll know nothing at all!"

Swift action - Grant Juis Precise Strike under my next turn
Attack vs. Orange
5-foot

Attack(Bless,Flank): 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 8 + 1 + 2 = 24For(PS): 1d8 + 3 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 3 + (3) = 9

Dark Archive

Male LN Human Oracle of Lore 3.2 | AC 21 (T 13/FF 18) | CMB +3 CMD 14 (FF 13) | HP 18/18 | Init +1 | Fort +1 Ref +4 Will +3 | Perception +0 | Languages: Common, Celestial, Draconic, Undercommon | Clouded Vision (Cannot see beyond 30') | Darkvision 30' | 20' Speed |Think on It: 1/1 | Spells 1: 6/6 | Active Conditions:

Feeling the sickness of the creatures attack flow through his veins, Juis shakes his head to try and shake the sickness away as he strikes out at the creature again.

Cold Iron Heavy Mace +Bless -Sickness vs Orange: 1d20 + 4 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 4 + 1 - 2 = 16
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

The Exchange

Human Slayer (bounty hunter) 3 | AC 17 (T 15/FF 13) | CMB +6 CMD 20 (FF 16) | HP 26/26 | Init +6 | Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +3 | Perception +9 | 30' Speed (buffed to 40', 9 rounds) |

Duncan marvels at the tenacity of the Grey Maiden. After killing one of the horrid looking foes, he steps up next to Marianna and tries to replicate her martial prowess, studying the target once again to see how to take any edge he can. He ends up hitting the Green target.

"Think the crowds getting thinned out some, Wilen!" cries the slayer, who would rather be firing his bow from range instead of face-to-face with this big ugly.

5' step towards Green, study target as Move Action, attack as Standard Action.

Duncan longsword, study, bless: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 1 + 1 = 18
Dmg, if hit, study: 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 1 = 9


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Adjusting Juis's target since he can approach green without provoking. Also subtracted the -2 from damage for being Sickened

Lebraerio and Marianna join forces to cut down the disarmed sinspawn; Duncan and Juis's efforts are almost as successful, but the last horror standing hisses in vile rage and flings itself at Duncan despite its grievous wounds! No longer able to surround any of its foes, it instead attacks the least armored...

Bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Claw: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Claw: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Confirm?: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Extra Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Dark, but everyone except the bodies in back are in the light
#Blessed (+1 Attacks)
The Bold may Go!

Sinspawn -18
Declan
Lebraerio
Wilen
Marianna -17
Juis -4, Sickened
Duncan -8 DC 12 Will or Sickened

Grand Lodge

1/2 Elf Arcanist 1/Rogue (Unchained) 2| AC 18, FF 15, T 13| HP 20/20| F +1 R +5 W +3; +2 v ench| Perception +9| Spells Lvl 1: 0/3; Cantrip: 4/at will

Declan takes the long way around to encircle the last sinspawn.

Dark Archive

Male LN Human Oracle of Lore 3.2 | AC 21 (T 13/FF 18) | CMB +3 CMD 14 (FF 13) | HP 18/18 | Init +1 | Fort +1 Ref +4 Will +3 | Perception +0 | Languages: Common, Celestial, Draconic, Undercommon | Clouded Vision (Cannot see beyond 30') | Darkvision 30' | 20' Speed |Think on It: 1/1 | Spells 1: 6/6 | Active Conditions:

Seeing the end of the battle coming close, Juis swings his mace with extra *OOPH* to finish the creature.

Cold Iron Heavy Mace +Bless vs Green: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 4 + 1 = 16
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Despite the distracting thoughts coursing through his mind, Juis smashes his mace into the last Sinspawn with a meaty thud, sending it sprawling to the floor!

The Sinspawn lie silent allowing another muffled whimper to be clearly heard from one of their brutalized captives. Unfortunately when you draw nearer to examine them, you discover that only two of them still live. The third has clearly passed on.

The two surviving expedition-members are too injured and traumatized to register your presence for now, but his wayfinder, and the distinctive rose tattoo on his shaven pate clearly identify the slain Pathfinder as Riemme Batelle.

Aside from the vicious polearms the sinspawn wielded, you also find a small fortune in black pearls studding the various statues, and resting in the hand of one of the statues, a cruel looking woman wielding a ranseur that matches those of the horrors that lurked here, is the missing left cheek guard of the Acrimony Veil!

Dark Archive

Male LN Human Oracle of Lore 3.2 | AC 21 (T 13/FF 18) | CMB +3 CMD 14 (FF 13) | HP 18/18 | Init +1 | Fort +1 Ref +4 Will +3 | Perception +0 | Languages: Common, Celestial, Draconic, Undercommon | Clouded Vision (Cannot see beyond 30') | Darkvision 30' | 20' Speed |Think on It: 1/1 | Spells 1: 6/6 | Active Conditions:

Juis takes out his wand and taps the two captives that are still alive to provide some healing.

Wand of CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Wand of CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

He then looks at his companions and checks to see if any of them need healing.


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

With shudders and gasps the two diggers return to consciousness. They're still fairly out of it, but in between the tearful thanks for their salvation they're able to confirm the basics of what happened to the expedition. In the night the sinspawn came, killing and hunting the rest of the crew before dragging them back down here. "The ones they had already killed they brought somewhere else, but they took Saala, Riemme and me here. Riemme was first, but..." His voice breaks, "Thank the gods you came when you did!"

Grand Lodge

1/2 Elf Arcanist 1/Rogue (Unchained) 2| AC 18, FF 15, T 13| HP 20/20| F +1 R +5 W +3; +2 v ench| Perception +9| Spells Lvl 1: 0/3; Cantrip: 4/at will

Once the diggers are cared for a bit, Declan starts to look around using Sense Magic.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20

The Exchange

Human Slayer (bounty hunter) 3 | AC 17 (T 15/FF 13) | CMB +6 CMD 20 (FF 16) | HP 26/26 | Init +6 | Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +3 | Perception +9 | 30' Speed (buffed to 40', 9 rounds) |

Duncan feels waves of nausea pass over him as the ugly creature scores hits on him. He swallows hard, and finally powers through the feeling, breathing a heavy sigh as it passes.

"I am hurt a bit and could use some of that magic, padre." Duncan says to Juis.

To the recovering Pathfinders, he asks, "Are there any more of you living inside this place? If not, let's get you and Batale here out of this hell-hole before more of those horrors return. Can you walk?"

Think Duncan weas hit twice in that round and was at -4 before, so is now at -13 or half full hp.

Duncan DC 12 Will: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

Dark Archive

Male LN Human Oracle of Lore 3.2 | AC 21 (T 13/FF 18) | CMB +3 CMD 14 (FF 13) | HP 18/18 | Init +1 | Fort +1 Ref +4 Will +3 | Perception +0 | Languages: Common, Celestial, Draconic, Undercommon | Clouded Vision (Cannot see beyond 30') | Darkvision 30' | 20' Speed |Think on It: 1/1 | Spells 1: 6/6 | Active Conditions:

Juis heads over to Duncan and starts to heal him.

Wand of CLW on Duncan: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Wand of CLW on Duncan: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Silver Crusade

Female NG Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 3 | HP: 28/28| AC: 25( 11Tch, 24 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 17 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +3; +2 vs. emotion/ pain spells | Init: +1 | Perc: +7, SM: +7 | Speed 20ft | Tactician(Precise Strike): 1/1 |Active conditions: Sisterhood Style(+1 Relfex/Will)

Marianna sags a little once the adrenaline of the combat leaves her. "Okay, We have what we think is all the of the pieces of that magical device, killed everything that's a threat in here, and we've rescued what survivors that are left, she says as she goes to gather Riemme's corpse. "Is there anything else for us to do in this abattoir, or can we leave?" she asks the others as she prepares to carry the body out.


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

"Y-yes. Please!"

***

Halla and the surviving workers greet you all with great enthusiasm when you return to the seaside excavation camp. They are visibly relieved to see the workers accompanying you, but Riemme's body sobers them.

"Come join me in my tent, agents. They can prepare Riemme's body for transport, and you can provide me with an account of what you found."

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 18, t 14, ff 15 | CMB 0, CMD 13 | F+5, R+7, W+2; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | Speed 20' | Init+3 | Perc+8 | Extracts: shield, targeted bomb admixture, UNUSED, UNUSED | Bomb: 8/8 | Mutagen: active | Active conditions: none
DEX mutagen:
Init+5 | Perc+7 | AC 22, t 16, ff 17 | R+9, W+1 | CMD 15

Let's see, harpies, a ghoul priest... quite a collection down there really.

Wilen starts to list off an inventory of sorts in a businesslike manner, as if he's preparing a bill.

Dark Archive

Male LN Human Oracle of Lore 3.2 | AC 21 (T 13/FF 18) | CMB +3 CMD 14 (FF 13) | HP 18/18 | Init +1 | Fort +1 Ref +4 Will +3 | Perception +0 | Languages: Common, Celestial, Draconic, Undercommon | Clouded Vision (Cannot see beyond 30') | Darkvision 30' | 20' Speed |Think on It: 1/1 | Spells 1: 6/6 | Active Conditions:

Juis nods along with Wilen, "The architect down that was fascinating but grotesque to the sight. A very evil cult inhabited the place."

Grand Lodge

1/2 Elf Arcanist 1/Rogue (Unchained) 2| AC 18, FF 15, T 13| HP 20/20| F +1 R +5 W +3; +2 v ench| Perception +9| Spells Lvl 1: 0/3; Cantrip: 4/at will

Declan shows her the mask. "They were an evil cult and the world is better for their lack."


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

"Hmm... well the architecture at least sounds like it merits further study. Do you think it's safe enough to continue? Now that you've cleared out the monsters?"

Halla would certainly appreciate an answer, but I should have chronicles up tonight in any case :-)

Grand Lodge

1/2 Elf Arcanist 1/Rogue (Unchained) 2| AC 18, FF 15, T 13| HP 20/20| F +1 R +5 W +3; +2 v ench| Perception +9| Spells Lvl 1: 0/3; Cantrip: 4/at will

"It is not something I could suggest, but yes. It should be safe enough to continue."

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 18, t 14, ff 15 | CMB 0, CMD 13 | F+5, R+7, W+2; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | Speed 20' | Init+3 | Perc+8 | Extracts: shield, targeted bomb admixture, UNUSED, UNUSED | Bomb: 8/8 | Mutagen: active | Active conditions: none
DEX mutagen:
Init+5 | Perc+7 | AC 22, t 16, ff 17 | R+9, W+1 | CMD 15

Wilen thinks for a moment and answers. Yes, I think quite safe. No more creatures for sure. We didn't walk every square inch of the place although we saw all of it with our eyes. There could theoretical be a trap we missed, so I would still exercise a reasonable level of caution.


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Halla takes careful notes at your descriptions, finally deciding, "Then we'll resume the expedition. It should be much safer, and if there are finds like that Veil just lying around, I can't wait to see what we can uncover once we put some time into it!"

Scarab Sages

Male Human Investigator 4 Init +3 HP 29/29 AC 18 T 13 FF 15 Fort +2 Ref+7 Will +4 Per +8 Move 30 Insp 5/5

We've done our best, and hope that was enough

says Leb amiably


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

The renowned Venture-Captain Sheila Heidmarch strides into her study at the Magnimar lodge, fashionably late. Her eyes scan the space with habitual vigilance, honed by years of successful adventuring. Satisfied that there’s nothing amiss, she stands behind her desk, and turns her blade-like attention to the party before her.

“The Pathfinder Society has long been interested in the First World — the otherworldly realm of the fey. By all accounts the fey homeland is dangerous, bizarre, and entirely unpredictable. It’s the very type of place sane people avoid, and Pathfinders flock toward.

“Countless expeditions and research teams have been dispatched over the years to investigate regions where the boundaries between the First World and our own Plane grow threadbare. Sanos Forest, which lies to the east of this very lodge, is one such place. The Pathfinder Society’s latest research party is currently stationed there, under the capable direction of the druid Ignizi Dinnelletter.

“Dinnelletter doesn’t normally work well with others, but this time she’s got several newly recruited Pathfinders assisting her. We thought it prudent that she pass on some of her best practices, just in case. After all, we Pathfinders are not known for our longevity. Dinnelletter is entirely self- sufficient, but unfortunately the same cannot be said for her five trainees. Consequently, Ignizi’s station needs to be resupplied periodically, something the Magnimar lodge has taken responsibility for.

After how nasty your last run turned out, you lot have been chosen to make the next supply run to Sanos Forest, and will leave first thing in the morning. It’s not a glamorous detail, but the fey forest never lacks for intrigue, and I’m sure you’ll make the most of it.

“Your mission is simple: Deliver a pack horse loaded with supplies to Dinnelletter’s cottage in Sanos. I don’t expect any problems, but you never know with the fey. If Ignizi needs any additional help, please assist her in any way possible. And do try to be patient. Ignizi can be a handful.

"Any questions?"

Dark Archive

Male LN Human Oracle of Lore 3.2 | AC 21 (T 13/FF 18) | CMB +3 CMD 14 (FF 13) | HP 18/18 | Init +1 | Fort +1 Ref +4 Will +3 | Perception +0 | Languages: Common, Celestial, Draconic, Undercommon | Clouded Vision (Cannot see beyond 30') | Darkvision 30' | 20' Speed |Think on It: 1/1 | Spells 1: 6/6 | Active Conditions:

"No questions. But I am excited to learn more out the fey. This should be very educational."

The Exchange

Human Slayer (bounty hunter) 3 | AC 17 (T 15/FF 13) | CMB +6 CMD 20 (FF 16) | HP 26/26 | Init +6 | Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +3 | Perception +9 | 30' Speed (buffed to 40', 9 rounds) |

"Do we have any idea what, specifically, Dinnelletter is researching in the Sanos? Will they have anything for us to bring back?"

Duncan has studied the maps of the area, and knows a bit about the Sanos Forest. If he knows anything relevant, he shares it with the rest of the group.

Know Geography: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Know Local: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 18, t 14, ff 15 | CMB 0, CMD 13 | F+5, R+7, W+2; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | Speed 20' | Init+3 | Perc+8 | Extracts: shield, targeted bomb admixture, UNUSED, UNUSED | Bomb: 8/8 | Mutagen: active | Active conditions: none
DEX mutagen:
Init+5 | Perc+7 | AC 22, t 16, ff 17 | R+9, W+1 | CMD 15

Wilen nods, adding onto Duncan's question. Indeed, or has she shown any interesting results in understanding or utilizing that particular barrier with the First World?

Silver Crusade

Female NG Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 3 | HP: 28/28| AC: 25( 11Tch, 24 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 17 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +3; +2 vs. emotion/ pain spells | Init: +1 | Perc: +7, SM: +7 | Speed 20ft | Tactician(Precise Strike): 1/1 |Active conditions: Sisterhood Style(+1 Relfex/Will)

"Actually, can you tell more about Miss Dinnelletter? I'm unfamiliar with her work. Likewise, how far are we traveling from Magnimar?"


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Venture-Captain Heidmarch is happy to fill in Marianna on Ignizi's C.V., "Ignizi joined the Pathfinders as a young gnome, and was a very capable adventurer in her day-a little difficult to work with, but effective. As she grew older, she returned to her homeland to study the First World's influence on the Material Plane, eventually becoming the preeminent researcher in the field. She still looks young and wide-eyed, but don't be
fooled. She knows how to get what she wants."
When asked more specifically about Ignizi's current researches though, she winces and ruefully replies, "I'm excited to learn more of Ignizi's researches myself." With a sigh she continues, "Ignizi's reputation affords her something of a carte blanche when it comes to matters of First World research, and we won't know exactly what she's up to until she has finally concluded her work. Knowing Ignizi, though, that conclusion will likely mean trouble.

"You should make certain to stay wary, and pack plenty of your own supplies though. You'll be several days from Magnimar by the time you reach her cottage, and that's if you keep a good pace."

Duncan knows that the Sanos Forest is the center of a large concentration of gnomes, and has such a high frequency of fey trickery that it's rumored that an open gate to the First World is hidden somewhere in the woods. This rumor is of course unconfirmed by the gnomes that dwell there...

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 18, t 14, ff 15 | CMB 0, CMD 13 | F+5, R+7, W+2; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | Speed 20' | Init+3 | Perc+8 | Extracts: shield, targeted bomb admixture, UNUSED, UNUSED | Bomb: 8/8 | Mutagen: active | Active conditions: none
DEX mutagen:
Init+5 | Perc+7 | AC 22, t 16, ff 17 | R+9, W+1 | CMD 15

Hmm, so I guess we'll have very little to go on until we get there then. I can't wait for the gnomish or fey pranks. Very well, off we go!

Grand Lodge

1/2 Elf Arcanist 1/Rogue (Unchained) 2| AC 18, FF 15, T 13| HP 20/20| F +1 R +5 W +3; +2 v ench| Perception +9| Spells Lvl 1: 0/3; Cantrip: 4/at will

"Sounds like a boring delivery run. A welcome change from that death cult."

The Exchange

Human Slayer (bounty hunter) 3 | AC 17 (T 15/FF 13) | CMB +6 CMD 20 (FF 16) | HP 26/26 | Init +6 | Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +3 | Perception +9 | 30' Speed (buffed to 40', 9 rounds) |

"Make sure you have all the outdoors supplies you need; it sounds like we may be camping the woods for while, as opposed to our last few missions."

Duncan was built with the idea of being an outdoorsy type, so strong in Survival etc.


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Venture-Captain Heidmarch rummages through her desk for a moment before pulling up a few letters with imperfectly applied seals. "I was asked to pass these along. By no means should they compromise your real mission, but since this mission should be simple enough, you may find you have the time for some additional tasks."

These faction missions will have no impact on your prestige awards, but you might find them fun :)

Declan:
Loyal Pathfinder,

It has come to the Grand Lodge's attention that Venture-Captain Heidmarch is dispatching you to re-supply the First World research team in Sanos. Due to the remoteness of their location and the unpredictable magical influence of the forest, communication with the research team has been sporadic at best. Thus, the Grand Lodge asks that you deliver this note to Pathfinder Dinnelletter - she will know what it means. We are not certain where the loyalties of your travelling companions lie, so it is vitally important that none of your team members see this note delivered.

Fruitful delving,
Venture-Captain Ambrus Valsin


Lebraerio:
Friend of the Forthbringer,

As many are aware, the failing health of our beloved Ruby Prince Khemet III, brought on by the influence of malicious Thassilonian magic, has necessitated Osirian agents across Golarion to risk themselves in the search of reagents that might may aid in the eventual recovery of our revered prince. Sothis is aware that you will soon journey into the teeth of the Varisian wilderness. It is our wish that you procure a sample of any exotic poisons you encounter while journeying through this region. With luck, the sample you secure will be the essential ingredient in the Ruby Prince's survival.

In service,
Amenopheus, the Sapphire Sage

Duncan & Wilen:
Savvy Associate,

As you know, the trade route between Korvosa, Magnimar, and Janderhoff is of utmost importance to the Exchange.
If the mercantile roads remain open, then the superior instincts of our merchants will no doubt win us every advantage in the region. As trade along this route increases, however, sources tell me that the Sanos Forest will be a likely hot spot for trouble. The fey that live there are not always as business-friendly as we might hope, and could make trouble for our merchants passing along the forest's edges. It is our hope that, if you encounter any hostile fey in Sanos, that you persuade them to cease their hostilities. If you manage to persuade the fey to stop attacking you, even for a moment, we will know they can be bargained with.

May your coin purse grow,
Trade Prince Aaqir al'Hakam

Juis:
Beloved Pet,

How I pity your plight-stuck in that wretched backwater, Magnimar, listening to the tedious droning of those up-jumped profiteers. Before you may return to me, however, I must have something of you. I've become
aware of the mission assigned to you by Sheila Heidmarch, who is sending you to meet the Sanos Forest researchers. I'm curious to see if these savage savants can be civilized to our benefit. I would very much like you to convince one or more of these researchers to visit Korvosa. I would see their "research" for myself.

For the Majestrix's Glory,
Paracountess Zarta Dralneen

Marianna:
Bearer of Light,

It gladdens our hearts that in these dire times we are able to turn to agents of good such as yourself to help the innocent. This is especially true in dark places like Varisia, where the ancient evil of Thassilon is rooted deep within the land and its people. In order to combat this age-old corruption, your fellow crusaders need information that could help them in this holy battle. As you journey forth into the Varisian wilderness, keep your eyes sharpened for any evidence of Thassilonian influence or rune magic. Any locations you discover will undoubtedly aid in our Silver Crusade.

For the Good,
Ollysta Zadrian

***

The party marches east along the Dry Way - the trade road along the northern bank of the mighty Yondabakari River toward Korvosa - for several days. You spot a distinctive stream, which your instructions indicate you should follow north into Sanos Forest.

The trail remains easy to follow, and you're making as good time as Captain Heidmarch could possibly have wishes, even with your added baggage train, but once you're in the woods, all signs of humanoid activity abate. Midway through your first day in the forest, you approach a small vale where you catch a whiff of rotting meat, find several bear tracks, and notice the forest has suddenly gone quiet.

According to your instructions, you should be within half a mile of the cottage where Ignizi Dinnelletter lives

What do you do?

Dark Archive

Male LN Human Oracle of Lore 3.2 | AC 21 (T 13/FF 18) | CMB +3 CMD 14 (FF 13) | HP 18/18 | Init +1 | Fort +1 Ref +4 Will +3 | Perception +0 | Languages: Common, Celestial, Draconic, Undercommon | Clouded Vision (Cannot see beyond 30') | Darkvision 30' | 20' Speed |Think on It: 1/1 | Spells 1: 6/6 | Active Conditions:

Juis draws his weapon and looks around, "That is not a good sign. A bear hunting so close to the cottage."

Looking at his companions, "Can one of you tell if the bear has headed toward the cottage or how old these tracks are?"

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 18, t 14, ff 15 | CMB 0, CMD 13 | F+5, R+7, W+2; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | Speed 20' | Init+3 | Perc+8 | Extracts: shield, targeted bomb admixture, UNUSED, UNUSED | Bomb: 8/8 | Mutagen: active | Active conditions: none
DEX mutagen:
Init+5 | Perc+7 | AC 22, t 16, ff 17 | R+9, W+1 | CMD 15

Earlier, with Heidmarch...

Wilen sidles up to Duncan after they get their private mission from The Exchange.

Interesting. You know how the fey can be. Demanding that they cease meddling outright is simply asking for them to dig in and escalate their meddling pranks. How does the phrase go? "Don't give an order you can't take back." We should devise a way to convince the fey that they can participate in trade along the route. Perhaps via some wide ranging prank that can only be deployed via the trade routes...

He puts his hand on his chin, thinking over how it could work out. Well, more on that later.

Back to the present...

Wilen shrugs his shoulders at Juis' query. Don't look at me. I'm a city halfling. You can't sell much beer in the woods. What are the odds that this bear is a wild-shape of our Ignizi? We're probably going to get the business for accidentally meddling in her trap...

Scarab Sages

Male Human Investigator 4 Init +3 HP 29/29 AC 18 T 13 FF 15 Fort +2 Ref+7 Will +4 Per +8 Move 30 Insp 5/5

Know Nature: 1d20 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (12) + 7 + (2) = 21
Know Geography: 1d20 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (16) + 7 + (4) = 27
Know Local: 1d20 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (7) + 7 + (5) = 19

Lebraerio tries to remember as much information as he can, while checking the inside of his haversack

I might need a tent, and maybe a little more food. Someone has a rope and hook, maybe?

Grand Lodge

1/2 Elf Arcanist 1/Rogue (Unchained) 2| AC 18, FF 15, T 13| HP 20/20| F +1 R +5 W +3; +2 v ench| Perception +9| Spells Lvl 1: 0/3; Cantrip: 4/at will

"I'm more concerned about the smell than the tracks."


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

As Ignizi's cottage comes into view, you find it besieged by forest creatures!

Several owlbears clumsily slam themselves against the cottage; the windows and doors are boarded up and reinforced, but they creak under the weight of the impacts. You can hear cries of alarm filtering out from inside the cottage.

Knowledge (engineering) DC 17:
It will be less than a minute before the owlbears break in!

Knowledge (religion) DC 15:
They're either very fresh, or well preserved, but despite their speed, those Owlbears are zombies!

Initiative:
Declan: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Duncan: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Juis: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Lebraerio: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Marianna: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Wilen: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Bad Guys: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

The Bold May Go!
Wilen
Juis
Declan
Duncan
Lebraerio

Owlbears
Marianna

The Exchange

Human Slayer (bounty hunter) 3 | AC 17 (T 15/FF 13) | CMB +6 CMD 20 (FF 16) | HP 26/26 | Init +6 | Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +3 | Perception +9 | 30' Speed (buffed to 40', 9 rounds) |

Duncan immediately starts watching the owlbears, studying their movements to gain whatever advantage he can. Then he fires one arrow at the nearest.

Duncan longbow, studied: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 1 = 13
Dmg, if that somehow hits, study: 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 1 = 7


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Duncan's arrow quivers slightly as it embeds itself in the cottage. In response, the owlbear's head swivels around almost entirely backwards, staring fiercely and silently at the bounty hunter!

Dark Archive

Male LN Human Oracle of Lore 3.2 | AC 21 (T 13/FF 18) | CMB +3 CMD 14 (FF 13) | HP 18/18 | Init +1 | Fort +1 Ref +4 Will +3 | Perception +0 | Languages: Common, Celestial, Draconic, Undercommon | Clouded Vision (Cannot see beyond 30') | Darkvision 30' | 20' Speed |Think on It: 1/1 | Spells 1: 6/6 | Active Conditions:

Knowledge (Engineering) DC17: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
Knowledge (Religion) DC15: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12

Juis yells out, "That door won't last much longer."

Juis then steps forward with his mace in hand, bashing the mace against his shield to get the owlbear's attention away from the door. He then plants his feet down and readies for the owlbear to charge.

Move: 20'
Standard: Total Defense

The Exchange

Human Slayer (bounty hunter) 3 | AC 17 (T 15/FF 13) | CMB +6 CMD 20 (FF 16) | HP 26/26 | Init +6 | Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +3 | Perception +9 | 30' Speed (buffed to 40', 9 rounds) |

"That's unusual," says Duncan as the owlbear' head pivots around.

Grand Lodge

1/2 Elf Arcanist 1/Rogue (Unchained) 2| AC 18, FF 15, T 13| HP 20/20| F +1 R +5 W +3; +2 v ench| Perception +9| Spells Lvl 1: 0/3; Cantrip: 4/at will

Knowledge (engineering): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Declan does the same as Duncan and fires at the owlbear.

Comp Shortbow
To Hit: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23 To Hurt: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 Sneak Attack: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Confirm Crit Comp Shortbow
To Hit: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12 To Hurt: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 18, t 14, ff 15 | CMB 0, CMD 13 | F+5, R+7, W+2; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | Speed 20' | Init+3 | Perc+8 | Extracts: shield, targeted bomb admixture, UNUSED, UNUSED | Bomb: 8/8 | Mutagen: active | Active conditions: none
DEX mutagen:
Init+5 | Perc+7 | AC 22, t 16, ff 17 | R+9, W+1 | CMD 15

Okay, definitely not the wildshape of the druid. At least she'll have something to be grateful for after this...

Wilen advances to get within bombing range.

40', double move

Scarab Sages

Male Human Investigator 4 Init +3 HP 29/29 AC 18 T 13 FF 15 Fort +2 Ref+7 Will +4 Per +8 Move 30 Insp 5/5

Know Religion: 1d20 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 7 + (6) = 18

I agree with you. The door won't stand for long. But beware, those aren't normal owlbears (as long as a creature part owl, part bear can be "normal"). These are undead, zombies owlbears. Use sharp, slashing weapons if you go toe to toe with them.

shortbow: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Dmg: 1d6 ⇒ 6


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Declan's line of fire is clearer than Duncan's, and his arrow plunges directly into the owlbear's eye! Though without the sneak attack since you're outside of the 30' range...

Lebraerio notes that these zombies seem to be so fresh that much of their anatomy seems to be intact. Arrows clearly are having no difficulty hurting them, but as they surge towards Wilen it becomes very clear that they aren't the typical slow-shufflers either!

Wilen dodges aside from the full crush of flesh, fur, and feathers, but still takes a nasty buffet!

Slam: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 9 + 2 = 14
Bludgeoning: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Slam: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28
Bludgeoning: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

The Bold May Go!
Wilen -8
Juis
Declan
Duncan
Lebraerio

Owlbears (Blue -12; Red -2 AC)
Marianna

Grand Lodge

1/2 Elf Arcanist 1/Rogue (Unchained) 2| AC 18, FF 15, T 13| HP 20/20| F +1 R +5 W +3; +2 v ench| Perception +9| Spells Lvl 1: 0/3; Cantrip: 4/at will

Declan gets a bit closer and casts

Disrupt Undead: RTouch, fire into melee
To Hit: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 3 - 4 = 1 To Hurt: 1d6 ⇒ 6

The Exchange

Human Slayer (bounty hunter) 3 | AC 17 (T 15/FF 13) | CMB +6 CMD 20 (FF 16) | HP 26/26 | Init +6 | Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +3 | Perception +9 | 30' Speed (buffed to 40', 9 rounds) |

Duncan takes another small step forward and fires a pair of arrows at the red-tinged owlbear. One flies wide, but the other is true, if it has enough penetrating power to hurt the undead owlbear.

Duncan longbow shot 1, PBS, study, rapid shot: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 7 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 18
Duncan longbow shot 2, PBS, study, rapid shot: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 10
Dmg shot 1, PBS, study: 1d8 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 1 + 1 = 8


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Declan's ray goes wide, but despite still firing around and over his compatriots, Duncan is able to land a shot! The arrow clearly slows the undead creature, even if no cry of pain escapes its beak.

The Bold May Go!
Wilen -8
Juis

Declan
Duncan
Lebraerio
Owlbears (Blue -12; Red -8, -2 AC)
Mariann

Dark Archive

Male LN Human Oracle of Lore 3.2 | AC 21 (T 13/FF 18) | CMB +3 CMD 14 (FF 13) | HP 18/18 | Init +1 | Fort +1 Ref +4 Will +3 | Perception +0 | Languages: Common, Celestial, Draconic, Undercommon | Clouded Vision (Cannot see beyond 30') | Darkvision 30' | 20' Speed |Think on It: 1/1 | Spells 1: 6/6 | Active Conditions:

Grumbling that these things are undead and that he couldn't tell by there looks, he advances forward to get in flanking position with Wilen on the closest undead owlbear.

Cold Iron Heavy Mace +Flank vs Red: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 4 + 2 = 15
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Move: 10'
Standard: Attack

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 3 | HP 21/21 | AC 18, t 14, ff 15 | CMB 0, CMD 13 | F+5, R+7, W+2; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | Speed 20' | Init+3 | Perc+8 | Extracts: shield, targeted bomb admixture, UNUSED, UNUSED | Bomb: 8/8 | Mutagen: active | Active conditions: none
DEX mutagen:
Init+5 | Perc+7 | AC 22, t 16, ff 17 | R+9, W+1 | CMD 15

The halfling winces as the sudden slam knocks the wind out of him!

Oww... okay, so... maybe they're... kinda fast.... phhh <pant>

He gathers himself for a moment and steps backwards, taking out one of his bomb kits and lobbing it at one of the nearby owlbears. blue

I hope you like fire!

5' step
bomb attack vs. blue touch AC, fire damage: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 172d6 + 4 ⇒ (2, 2) + 4 = 8 target its southeast square
If it misses it lands...: 1d8 ⇒ 7 to the east, so blue would take splash damage
splash damage, DC14 reflex for half: 2 + 3 = 5
Draw light crossbow, move action

301 to 350 of 667 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS]Season 4: Year of the Risen Rune (Cwethan section) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.