[PFS]Season 4: Year of the Risen Rune (Cwethan section)

Game Master Cwethan

Maps & Handouts


51 to 100 of 796 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Scarab Sages

Male Human Investigator 4 Init +3 HP 29/29 AC 18 T 13 FF 15 Fort +2 Ref+7 Will +4 Per +8 Move 30 Insp 5/5

Will save DC 16: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Leb is caught in the harpy's singing, and the man lowers his bow before walking toward the most magnificent singer he has ever heard


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Not sure if this was the plan, but having Declan shoot the singing harpy, since the other's out of his line of sight.

Duncan's Will: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9 I suspect his will is higher than his alias shows, but probably not 7 higher...

The group quickly falls into confusion at the harpy's song, swarming around her pillar and beginning to think about climbing up after her!

However, she descends from on high, still singing and inviting the Pathfinders to follow after her.

While she continues singing, the other harpy swoops in to batter the persistent archer!

Morningstar @ Declan: 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 8 + 1 + 2 = 20
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Dim lighting
Pillars are DC 15 to climb
The Bold may go!

Lebraerio - Illuminated, Entranced (Already moved him since splash damage might be a concern)
Wilen
Marianna - Illuminated, Entranced
Duncan -5, Entranced (Please update your alias when you've got the time)
Declan -9

Feral Bird Women - (Red -5, 5'up; Blue -27, 5' up)
Juis

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 3 | HP -3/21 | AC 18, t 14, ff 15 | CMB 0, CMD 13 | F+5, R+7, W+2; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | Speed 20' | Init+3 | Perc+8 | Extracts: shield, targeted bomb admixture, UNUSED, UNUSED | Bomb: 8/8 | Mutagen: brewed | Active conditions: none
DEX mutagen:
Init+5 | Perc+7 | AC 22, t 16, ff 17 | R+9, W+1 | CMD 15

Hey, wait, where's everybody going?

20', move action

Seeing the bird women nearer to the ground, but not at the same level as his team, Wilen sees an opportunity. He closes one eye and holds out his left hand in front of him, lining up an angle without the one in front of him. He prepares the next bomb and throws it...

Bomb attack vs. red touch AC: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Fire damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (5, 2) + 4 = 11
Splash damage: 2 + 3 = 5 NOTE This SHOULD just affect creatures on the plane 5' off of the ground, not ground level, fingers crossed
If it misses it lands...: 1d8 ⇒ 3 One square west, between red and blue, so on their plane they would both take splash damage.


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Sorry Wilen, I think I was unclear earlier, I'm not going to figure out a three-dimensional scatter for a miss, but the splash damage does still have a normal 5' radius. Per PFS, I need Lebraerio and Declan's okay before the pyrotechnics begin :-)

Dark Archive

Male LN Human Oracle of Lore 3.2 | AC 21 (T 13/FF 18) | CMB +3 CMD 14 (FF 13) | HP 18/18 | Init +1 | Fort +1 Ref +4 Will +3 | Perception +0 | Languages: Common, Celestial, Draconic, Undercommon | Clouded Vision (Cannot see beyond 30') | Darkvision 30' | 20' Speed |Think on It: 1/1 | Spells 1: 6/6 | Active Conditions:

Juis listens to the singing harpy and follows her.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 3 | HP -3/21 | AC 18, t 14, ff 15 | CMB 0, CMD 13 | F+5, R+7, W+2; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | Speed 20' | Init+3 | Perc+8 | Extracts: shield, targeted bomb admixture, UNUSED, UNUSED | Bomb: 8/8 | Mutagen: brewed | Active conditions: none
DEX mutagen:
Init+5 | Perc+7 | AC 22, t 16, ff 17 | R+9, W+1 | CMD 15

So, if I understand correctly, the splash is not just at the height I'm throwing the bomb to, but making an infinite column at those 2D positions?


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

The splash originates from that height and affects adjacent squares. Since the harpies are presently adjacent to heroes, there's really no infinite columns involved.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 3 | HP -3/21 | AC 18, t 14, ff 15 | CMB 0, CMD 13 | F+5, R+7, W+2; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | Speed 20' | Init+3 | Perc+8 | Extracts: shield, targeted bomb admixture, UNUSED, UNUSED | Bomb: 8/8 | Mutagen: brewed | Active conditions: none
DEX mutagen:
Init+5 | Perc+7 | AC 22, t 16, ff 17 | R+9, W+1 | CMD 15

Right, but the width would diminish at different heights. Maybe not infinite, but are you treating it like a fully populated cube as opposed to a sphere blast?


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Much as with all Pathfinder diagonals, the first 5' of distance is a square/cube rather than a sphere.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female NG Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 3 | HP: 28/28| AC: 25( 11Tch, 24 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 17 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +3; +2 vs. emotion/ pain spells | Init: +1 | Perc: +7, SM: +7 | Speed 20ft | Tactician(Precise Strike): 1/1 |Active conditions: Sisterhood Style(+1 Relfex/Will)

Why is this an issue? Wilen has Precise bombs, so unless the harpies have a Touch AC higher then 26 (And if that's the case, Why are we fighting them?!?), He can easily avoid clipping Lebraerio and Declan.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 3 | HP -3/21 | AC 18, t 14, ff 15 | CMB 0, CMD 13 | F+5, R+7, W+2; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | Speed 20' | Init+3 | Perc+8 | Extracts: shield, targeted bomb admixture, UNUSED, UNUSED | Bomb: 8/8 | Mutagen: brewed | Active conditions: none
DEX mutagen:
Init+5 | Perc+7 | AC 22, t 16, ff 17 | R+9, W+1 | CMD 15

Yes, thanks for reminding me Marianna. I left it off because I thought I could affect only the 5'-up-plane. If not then yes, he can exclude up to 3 squares, and he'll choose north, south, and west from the bomb target.

Silver Crusade

Female NG Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 3 | HP: 28/28| AC: 25( 11Tch, 24 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 17 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +3; +2 vs. emotion/ pain spells | Init: +1 | Perc: +7, SM: +7 | Speed 20ft | Tactician(Precise Strike): 1/1 |Active conditions: Sisterhood Style(+1 Relfex/Will)

Marianna, in a audial haze, continues to follow the harpy that entranced her.

Grand Lodge

1/2 Elf Arcanist 1/Rogue (Unchained) 2| AC 18, FF 15, T 13| HP 11/20| F +1 R +5 W +3; +2 v ench| Perception +9| Spells Lvl 1: 1/3; Cantrip: 4/at will

Sorry. I didn't realize we were playing over the weekend. I'll keep up from now on.

Do I need to make a save against the splash damage?
Reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Declan hustles out from between the harpies trying to keep from getting hurt.
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

He then casts Color Spray (DC 14), hopefully catching both harpies in the effect (and maybe a charmed Lebraerio)
Concentration: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 3 | HP -3/21 | AC 18, t 14, ff 15 | CMB 0, CMD 13 | F+5, R+7, W+2; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | Speed 20' | Init+3 | Perc+8 | Extracts: shield, targeted bomb admixture, UNUSED, UNUSED | Bomb: 8/8 | Mutagen: brewed | Active conditions: none
DEX mutagen:
Init+5 | Perc+7 | AC 22, t 16, ff 17 | R+9, W+1 | CMD 15

It's my understanding that most people only expect one post over a whole weekend, compared to one per weekday. So, I wouldn't get too worried if some people speed up over the weekend.

The Exchange

Human Slayer (bounty hunter) 3 | AC 17 (T 15/FF 13) | CMB +6 CMD 20 (FF 16) | HP 26/26 | Init +6 | Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +3 | Perception +9 | 30' Speed (buffed to 40', 9 rounds) |

My fault, but was away a bit unexpectedly from Thurs PM till today. Will get my alias and byline updated tomorrow. Looks like I'm enchanted so not much action while the singing lasts. Need bard countersong for harpies...


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Yep, if you can check in some time during the weekend that's appreciated, but I certainly won't be holding people to daily check ins on Saturday/Sunday :-)

Precise Bombs would definitely work, so no saves or anything needed!

Morningstar: 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 8 + 2 + 1 = 21
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Morningstar: 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 8 + 2 + 1 = 16
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Wilen's bomb detonates against the singing harpy with a crack like thunder and a gout of carefully directed flame! Seizing this opportunity, Declan dashes away from the harpies, rolling with the one strike that lands to absorb the worst of its force.

Whipping around he unfurls a coruscating blast of light and...

Wills: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 91d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

...Both of the harpies reel from his spell! Dazedly they drift to the ground, allowing the other Pathfinders to slowly regain their senses! (only 5' up, so no fall damage etc.)

Declan, I took some liberties in redirecting your movement. Your location wouldn't have gotten you what you wanted since a) That's unfortunately not a shape that a 15' cone can take, and b) There was a large column blocking line of effect to the second harpy. From where I put you you can hit both, still only move 1/2 speed for your acrobatics check, and angle your spell up in order to only hit the harpies. Lemme know if that doesn't work for you though!

Dim lighting
Pillars are DC 15 to climb
The Bold may go!

Lebraerio - Illuminated, Entranced
Wilen

Marianna - Illuminated, Entranced
Duncan -5, Entranced
Declan -11
(Harpies no longer stunned on your turn)
Feral Bird Women - (Red -16, stunned; Blue -27, stunned)
Juis - Entranced

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 3 | HP -3/21 | AC 18, t 14, ff 15 | CMB 0, CMD 13 | F+5, R+7, W+2; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | Speed 20' | Init+3 | Perc+8 | Extracts: shield, targeted bomb admixture, UNUSED, UNUSED | Bomb: 8/8 | Mutagen: brewed | Active conditions: none
DEX mutagen:
Init+5 | Perc+7 | AC 22, t 16, ff 17 | R+9, W+1 | CMD 15

Hah! Now we've got them where we want them! Which is on the ground. Because it was really irritating when they were flying around... Anyway, I'm going to try to keep the blast out of the crowd we've formed here... gimme a second, just gotta adjust these outputs...

He fiddles with the bomb he's about the throw, shutting down valves on a couple adjacent sides.

Bomb attack vs. blue touch AC: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
Fire damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (2, 2) + 4 = 8
Using precise bombs, excluding squares: E (Duncan), SE (Marianna)
Splash Fire damage: 2 + 3 = 5
If it misses it lands...: 1d8 ⇒ 1 => Falls short and lands in Marianna's square, dealing splash to her, Duncan, and Declan. But I feel pretty good about the roll.


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

A second blast rocks the other harpy, though she can't do much more than squawk vaguely in response...

Dim lighting
Pillars are DC 15 to climb
The Bold may go!

Lebraerio - Illuminated, Entranced
Wilen
Marianna - Illuminated, Entranced
Duncan -5, Entranced
Declan -11 (Harpies no longer stunned on your turn)
Feral Bird Women - (Red -16, stunned; Blue -35, stunned)
Juis - Entranced

Grand Lodge

1/2 Elf Arcanist 1/Rogue (Unchained) 2| AC 18, FF 15, T 13| HP 11/20| F +1 R +5 W +3; +2 v ench| Perception +9| Spells Lvl 1: 1/3; Cantrip: 4/at will

Declan pulls his sword while moving into position and cutting down into blue harpy.

Shortsword: flank
To Hit: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 2 = 6 To Hurt: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 Sneak Attack: 1d6 ⇒ 2


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

The harpy jerks to the side to avoid Declan's strike, but rather than continue the battle, she flaps hard and begins flying up towards the hole at the top of the dome. The other harpy, still spoiling for a fight, rises from the ground and viciously swarms Wilen, trying to batter him to the ground before he can unleash more explosives, but happily the plucky halfling dodges the worst of her blows!

Morningstar: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 8 + 1 = 17
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Morningstar: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 3 + 1 = 22
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Talon: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 3 + 1 = 13
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4
Talon: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 1 = 8
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Dim lighting
Pillars are DC 15 to climb
The Bold may go!

Lebraerio - Illuminated
Wilen
Marianna - Illuminated
Duncan -5,
Declan -11

Feral Bird Women - (Red -16 5' up; Blue -35 40' up)
Juis

Grand Lodge

1/2 Elf Arcanist 1/Rogue (Unchained) 2| AC 18, FF 15, T 13| HP 11/20| F +1 R +5 W +3; +2 v ench| Perception +9| Spells Lvl 1: 1/3; Cantrip: 4/at will

We get an AoO against the harpy that stood up and flew away?

Declan runs into position to best attack the remaining harpy (accepting the AoO) and attacks.

Shortsword: flank
To Hit: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 3 + 2 = 23 To Hurt: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 Sneak Attack: 1d6 ⇒ 3


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Yes, but only you will because her first 5' didn't provoke, and it won't be in the flank due to when it was available

Declan continues to harry the monstrous bird women, adding a deep gouge to the collection of harms the harpy battles through.

Dim lighting
Pillars are DC 15 to climb
The Bold may go!

Lebraerio - Illuminated
Wilen
Marianna - Illuminated
Duncan -5

Declan -11
Feral Bird Women - (Red -21 5' up; Blue -35 40' up)
Juis

Dark Archive

Male LN Human Oracle of Lore 3.2 | AC 21 (T 13/FF 18) | CMB +3 CMD 14 (FF 13) | HP 18/18 | Init +1 | Fort +1 Ref +4 Will +3 | Perception +0 | Languages: Common, Celestial, Draconic, Undercommon | Clouded Vision (Cannot see beyond 30') | Darkvision 30' | 20' Speed |Think on It: 1/1 | Spells 1: 6/6 | Active Conditions:

No longer in a trance, Juis swings at the harpy just above him. Hoping it doesn't try to start singing again.

MW Cold Iron Mace vs Red: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 3 | HP -3/21 | AC 18, t 14, ff 15 | CMB 0, CMD 13 | F+5, R+7, W+2; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | Speed 20' | Init+3 | Perc+8 | Extracts: shield, targeted bomb admixture, UNUSED, UNUSED | Bomb: 8/8 | Mutagen: brewed | Active conditions: none
DEX mutagen:
Init+5 | Perc+7 | AC 22, t 16, ff 17 | R+9, W+1 | CMD 15

Wilen looks to the harpy who's retreating and steps away in hopes to follow soon.

5' step

But lobs another bomb at the nearby harpy...

Bomb attack vs. red touch AC: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Fire damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (6, 2) + 4 = 12
Using precise bombs, excluding squares: W (Juis), NE (Declan)
Splash Fire damage: 2 + 3 = 5
If it misses it lands...: 1d8 ⇒ 3 => NW of red

Silver Crusade

Female NG Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 3 | HP: 28/28| AC: 25( 11Tch, 24 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 17 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +3; +2 vs. emotion/ pain spells | Init: +1 | Perc: +7, SM: +7 | Speed 20ft | Tactician(Precise Strike): 1/1 |Active conditions: Sisterhood Style(+1 Relfex/Will)

Finally shaking the doldrums from her head, Marianna returns to the stance she was forced out of, steps forward and takes a ill-timed swing at the harpy hovering about head level.

Swift action - Activate Sisterhood style
5-foot
Attack vs. Red

Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10For: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

If a Harpy takes a swing at Juis or Wilen:

With a trained jump, Marianna forces her shield in the way of the attack.

Using my AoO for Bodyguard

Aid Another for AC: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
that'll add +3 to AC


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

The harpy continues to batter aside the strikes of her companions in melee, but has no such defense against Wilen's bombardment!

Dim lighting
Pillars are DC 15 to climb
The Bold may go!

Lebraerio - Illuminated
Wilen
Marianna - Illuminated
Duncan -5
Declan -11 May make AoO vs. Blue
Feral Bird Women - (Red -33 5' up; Blue -35 40' up)
Juis

Grand Lodge

1/2 Elf Arcanist 1/Rogue (Unchained) 2| AC 18, FF 15, T 13| HP 11/20| F +1 R +5 W +3; +2 v ench| Perception +9| Spells Lvl 1: 1/3; Cantrip: 4/at will

AoO Shortsword:
To Hit: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23 To Hurt: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
confirm crit:
To Hit: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17 To Hurt: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Scarab Sages

Male Human Investigator 4 Init +3 HP 29/29 AC 18 T 13 FF 15 Fort +2 Ref+7 Will +4 Per +8 Move 30 Insp 5/5

Leb advances and strikes at the (red) harpy before it takes flight

Short sword: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Dmg: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Declan's swift strike sends the fleeing harpy toppling from the sky in a heap! Unfortunately her sister in battle continues her amazing defensive efforts and swats aside Lebraerio's blade as well!

Dim lighting
Pillars are DC 15 to climb
The Bold may go!

Lebraerio - Illuminated
Wilen
Marianna - Illuminated
Duncan -5
Declan -11 May make AoO vs. Blue
Feral Bird Women - (Red -33 5' up; Blue -35 40' up)
Juis

The Exchange

Human Slayer (bounty hunter) 3 | AC 17 (T 15/FF 13) | CMB +6 CMD 20 (FF 16) | HP 26/26 | Init +6 | Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +3 | Perception +9 | 30' Speed (buffed to 40', 9 rounds) |

Duncan slowly shakes off the trance and raises his bow, firing at the remaining bird-woman after studying her movements for a few split-seconds.

Duncan bow, study target, PBS: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 7 + 1 + 1 = 29
Crit confirm, study target: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 1 + 1 = 10
Dmg, if hit, study target. PBS: 1d8 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 + 1 = 7

Move actin to Study Target, then bow shot with Precise Shot. Highs and lows on the dice, I guess...


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Duncan's arrow flies true and adds a final feather to the remaining harpy, who collapses with a decidedly unmusical croak.

The harpies themselves possess little aside from some newly incomplete leather armor and their morningstars, but looking around the atrium, you discover some more items of interest adorning the large statue. You're pretty certain that you could pry the onyx gemstones that adorn it, which should be worth a pretty copper, and simple divinations reveal that a strange mask-like object that has been strapped to one of the idol's tentacles is faintly magical!

Duncan -5
Declan -11

Grand Lodge

1/2 Elf Arcanist 1/Rogue (Unchained) 2| AC 18, FF 15, T 13| HP 11/20| F +1 R +5 W +3; +2 v ench| Perception +9| Spells Lvl 1: 1/3; Cantrip: 4/at will

Declan requests help with healing. He produces a wand for someone to use on him and Duncan.
Wand of Cure Light Wounds 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Wand of Cure Light Wounds 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Spellcraft to Identify 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

The Exchange

Human Slayer (bounty hunter) 3 | AC 17 (T 15/FF 13) | CMB +6 CMD 20 (FF 16) | HP 26/26 | Init +6 | Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +3 | Perception +9 | 30' Speed (buffed to 40', 9 rounds) |

Duncan follows suit, allowing one of the casters to use his own wand to restore his wounds. Once that's complete, he helps retrieve the onyx gemstones, and brings the mask to one of the casters for further investigation.

CLW Wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Back to full HP, one wand charge used.

Dark Archive

Male LN Human Oracle of Lore 3.2 | AC 21 (T 13/FF 18) | CMB +3 CMD 14 (FF 13) | HP 18/18 | Init +1 | Fort +1 Ref +4 Will +3 | Perception +0 | Languages: Common, Celestial, Draconic, Undercommon | Clouded Vision (Cannot see beyond 30') | Darkvision 30' | 20' Speed |Think on It: 1/1 | Spells 1: 6/6 | Active Conditions:

Juis uses the wands offered to heal them before returning the wands to them. He then examines the mask.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
Knowledge (Arcana): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

It's a relatively easy climb to reach the mask, but on closer inspection, both the mask and its aura are frustratingly incomplete.

The mask is made of hammered and etched gold with ribbons of red silk threaded through either end, but all that is in this piece are a brow and nose guard. You can tell it's incomplete because catches and grooves show the places where other pieces must fit onto it.

The magical aura may not be particularly revelatory, but Juis's studies help him identify it as a part of an Acrimony Veil, a magical device of unknown potency associated with Alaznist herself!

Aside from the Veil, near the back of the temple on either side of the statue and basin are two bricked-up doorways similar to the one you entered the temple through. One of them is still sealed, while the northern one has been broken away.

The Exchange

Human Slayer (bounty hunter) 3 | AC 17 (T 15/FF 13) | CMB +6 CMD 20 (FF 16) | HP 26/26 | Init +6 | Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +3 | Perception +9 | 30' Speed (buffed to 40', 9 rounds) |

Once the investigation of the mask is as complete as possible, Duncan will lead the group to the other broken up entrance, and peer beyond. If he can see nothing of interest, he will duck inside.

Duncan perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 3 | HP -3/21 | AC 18, t 14, ff 15 | CMB 0, CMD 13 | F+5, R+7, W+2; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | Speed 20' | Init+3 | Perc+8 | Extracts: shield, targeted bomb admixture, UNUSED, UNUSED | Bomb: 8/8 | Mutagen: brewed | Active conditions: none
DEX mutagen:
Init+5 | Perc+7 | AC 22, t 16, ff 17 | R+9, W+1 | CMD 15

Hmm, so we should be on the lookout for more pieces that go with this mask!

Wilen approaches the northern door carefully.

I guess we may as well start with this one...

Perception, traps and hazards: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Scarab Sages

Male Human Investigator 4 Init +3 HP 29/29 AC 18 T 13 FF 15 Fort +2 Ref+7 Will +4 Per +8 Move 30 Insp 5/5

Perception: 1d20 + 8 + 1d6 ⇒ (11) + 8 + (2) = 21

Leb checks the place too, as he doesn't want to miss a clue


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Wilen and Leb don't spot any particular dangers, in fact the small room contains little more than debris from the smashed barrier, ages-old dust, and a shaft descending into the darkness.

Illuminated by Leb's light, evenly spaced iron rungs lead down the shaft.

Dark Archive

Male LN Human Oracle of Lore 3.2 | AC 21 (T 13/FF 18) | CMB +3 CMD 14 (FF 13) | HP 18/18 | Init +1 | Fort +1 Ref +4 Will +3 | Perception +0 | Languages: Common, Celestial, Draconic, Undercommon | Clouded Vision (Cannot see beyond 30') | Darkvision 30' | 20' Speed |Think on It: 1/1 | Spells 1: 6/6 | Active Conditions:

Juis joins the others into the small room and looks down the shaft. "I guess that is where we will be going but I suggest we check the other door first."

The Exchange

Human Slayer (bounty hunter) 3 | AC 17 (T 15/FF 13) | CMB +6 CMD 20 (FF 16) | HP 26/26 | Init +6 | Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +3 | Perception +9 | 30' Speed (buffed to 40', 9 rounds) |

"This looks like a good place to trap unwary Pathfinders," says Duncan to the others. "Only one direction, and its straight down."

He looks about for a trap, a loose rung, or some other way that this shaft can become a deathtrap. If he finds no sign of foul play, he will begin the descent down the shaft.

Duncan perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Duncan doesn't see anything particularly dangerous, even the heavily armored among you should be able to climb down easily enough if the rungs are as solid as they seem.

Since we have two votes and they're in opposition, I'll wait for a tie break

Grand Lodge

1/2 Elf Arcanist 1/Rogue (Unchained) 2| AC 18, FF 15, T 13| HP 11/20| F +1 R +5 W +3; +2 v ench| Perception +9| Spells Lvl 1: 1/3; Cantrip: 4/at will

Declan checks the door to see if it has been recently opened and closed again. If it has, he'll want to open it, if it hasn't, he will go down the hole.
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

If it has been opened."It looks like something came from here and went back in. We need to know who or what it was."
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
Disable Device: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23

If not. "No reason to do more damage to the temple than required." He goes down the hole.


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

The other doorway is still bricked shut, nothing corporeal seems to have been through it since then.

As the ladder leads down into the shaft, even the barest hints of sunlight depart. Only spells and wayfinders provide any illumination in the undertemple.

The shaft lets out into a small chamber; its walls are covered with fading frescoes depicting a parade of cultists engaged in grisly acts of self-mutilation involving knives, scourges, and more bizarre implements. The depiction of the ground beneath the repugnant pageant seems to be composed of thick, snake-like tentacles whose appendages and tooth-filled orifices lick greedily at the blood cascading down from the cult figures. To the east, debris from a smashed wall is scattered, spilling into a hall that stretches into the gloom in both directions.

What do you do?

The Exchange

Male Halfling Alchemist 3 | HP -3/21 | AC 18, t 14, ff 15 | CMB 0, CMD 13 | F+5, R+7, W+2; +2 vs Fear; +2 vs Poison | Speed 20' | Init+3 | Perc+8 | Extracts: shield, targeted bomb admixture, UNUSED, UNUSED | Bomb: 8/8 | Mutagen: brewed | Active conditions: none
DEX mutagen:
Init+5 | Perc+7 | AC 22, t 16, ff 17 | R+9, W+1 | CMD 15

Wilen follows them down the shaft.

Hrm... it's a bit dark down here. Who's got a light?

Dark Archive

Male LN Human Oracle of Lore 3.2 | AC 21 (T 13/FF 18) | CMB +3 CMD 14 (FF 13) | HP 18/18 | Init +1 | Fort +1 Ref +4 Will +3 | Perception +0 | Languages: Common, Celestial, Draconic, Undercommon | Clouded Vision (Cannot see beyond 30') | Darkvision 30' | 20' Speed |Think on It: 1/1 | Spells 1: 6/6 | Active Conditions:

Heading down the shaft, after the others. He marvels at the designs on the wall and such. His darkvision coming in handy, even if he is short-sighted.

Scarab Sages

Male Human Investigator 4 Init +3 HP 29/29 AC 18 T 13 FF 15 Fort +2 Ref+7 Will +4 Per +8 Move 30 Insp 5/5

I do have a few torches, if you want


18/23/28 - 15/17/19

Left or right? There's nothing really to distinguish them at this point.

Grand Lodge

1/2 Elf Arcanist 1/Rogue (Unchained) 2| AC 18, FF 15, T 13| HP 11/20| F +1 R +5 W +3; +2 v ench| Perception +9| Spells Lvl 1: 1/3; Cantrip: 4/at will

Left
Declan will cast Dancing Lights and send them out 20' in front of him.

The Exchange

Human Slayer (bounty hunter) 3 | AC 17 (T 15/FF 13) | CMB +6 CMD 20 (FF 16) | HP 26/26 | Init +6 | Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +3 | Perception +9 | 30' Speed (buffed to 40', 9 rounds) |

Duncan presses ahead to the left as the dancing lights head that direction. He has bow in hand, in case some foe is illuminated by the elf's spell.

51 to 100 of 796 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS]Season 4: Year of the Risen Rune (Cwethan section) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.