GM ShadowLord's Tyrant's Grasp - Group 1

Game Master The Rising Phoenix

Roll 20

LOOT!


801 to 850 of 1,308 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>

DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Prince Uspid leans forward on his throne of books. "Interesting! I love your manners. I wish all visitors were as polite and friendly as you! Well, that is definitely something I can give to you. Definitely. I simply ask for one tooth from each of you in exchange."[/b]

He waves his tooth fairies forward with the pliers to collect his fee.

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 31/33 [37/39 Rage] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

Vlad raises his flail threateningly.

"You'll have to think of something else you want us to pay!"

intimidate: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21


female human sorceress 3 | HP 15/15; THP 0/0; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +1, R +3, W +3 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Per +3 Immolation Aura 1/3rnds | Spells: 1st 1/6

With the dolls down Feena felt relief at the fact the fight was over. They really needed a rest and soon if they were to keep going but it would be best to be out of this place first. She was a bit concerned with leaving Rajuna behind to watch their backs but she shrugged as he seemed insistent.

As they moved forward Feena was startled by the Tooth Fairy Prince. She hadn't quite expected him to have a mustache, or to wax it. She would have started speaking herself but Mary beat her too it and Feena was too worn down to care. As they greeted the monarch Feena gave a graceful curtsy and said, "A pleasure to meet Your Highness."
Diplo (aid): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22


M Human Paladin of Sarenrae 1/Oracle of Life 2 | HP 27/27 | AC 19/13/16 | F +4, R +3, W +5 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | Scimitar +2 (1d6) | Longbow +5 (1d8) | Init -1 | Perception -1 (Deaf)

Damian smiles at the faerie chief's praise. "Thank you, it is... ah- just a moment, my lord, is there no other way? We are rather attached to our teeth, we do understand why you prize them such, beautiful pearly whites, but so do we!"

He takes a step back, alarmed at the prospect of having a tooth yanked out, again.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

The prince puts his hands up when Vlad thratens him . "Alright, alright, hold on now. " He scratches his chin, thinking. "Hmmm... Well. I suppose there is one other possible way, but once we talk about this."

The prince leans forward and looks left and right, trying to make sure no one is listening. "... there is no going back. This previous deal I just mentioned will be off the table and this will be the only condition I will accept. There is another creature in this building and I need them, uhm, eliminated. Removed. Done away with. Do you agree to these terms? Do this and I shall grant you passage without donation of your teeth."


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 17/19* | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 30' | F +4* R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: *3 Con damage

"One of your subjects already collected my toll! Get it from them!"

Coral looks at the four Tooth Fairies in the room.
"That one! I think... Maybe..."

She scowls at the Fairies, then turns back to the Prince.

"Will you tell us who we are to eliminate and why before we accept your deal?"


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Uspid shakes his head when Coral refers to a tooth already taken. "Oh, no. My subjects can scavenge dead teeth aplenty from the plane around us. I prize the warmth of blood and the stench of spit that clings to fresh ones." His long tongue eagerly licks his lips.

Snapping out of it he says "I recently seized control of this palace here, but my mother, Queen Carnassial, has refused to honor my rightful claim of rulership. I've confined her to the castle's upper level. Eliminate her for me and I will grant you the stamp of passage you seek."


Channel 2/5, Bolstering Touch 3/6, Seize the Initiative 1/6
Spells Remaining:
Bless, Weapons Against Evil
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

”Some internal politics, I see. Let us confer on this so we can reach a decision as a group.”

Marya calls the others in for a huddle.

[smaller]”I’m not a big fan of helping a coup without knowing more. I get the feeling neither monarch is particularly hospitable, though. The way I see it, we either fight here now or fight upstairs later. What’re your feelings, all?[/smaler]


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 17/19* | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 30' | F +4* R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: *3 Con damage

"I don't like it. If he wants us to eliminate his mother, then she is probably stronger than he is and we should take our chances with him. Unless she is more reasonable and we can just talk to her - but I fear breaking a promise to a fey.
Our spellcasters are depleted, we are in hostile territory, and we lack information."


M Human Paladin of Sarenrae 1/Oracle of Life 2 | HP 27/27 | AC 19/13/16 | F +4, R +3, W +5 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | Scimitar +2 (1d6) | Longbow +5 (1d8) | Init -1 | Perception -1 (Deaf)

Damian looks quite horrified at the prospect of this creature asking them to kill its own mother. "We are not assassins! Think for a moment of what he wants us to do! And he said it himself, he seized power, against the established order of this place. He is a vile creature."


female human sorceress 3 | HP 15/15; THP 0/0; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +1, R +3, W +3 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Per +3 Immolation Aura 1/3rnds | Spells: 1st 1/6

Feena considered the offer the Prince made and listened to her companions thoughts on the matter. "I don't like the idea of being his assassin, but I also don't want to give up my teeth." She sighed in annoyance, [smaller]"The fact that he wants us to end his mother for him does imply that he and his supporters are week. We could just attack him and ask her to give us what we need in return for getting her throne back."


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

The prince claps his hands to get your attention. "Ok, enough chit chat. Are we pulling a tooth from your pretty mouths or are you killing my mother? The longer you need to discuss this, the more anxious I'm getting."

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 31/33 [37/39 Rage] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

Vlad looks irritated at the fey prince.

"I never knew my mother, but I would certainly have treated her better than this--" he says.

"I don't think we're inclined to take either option, sorry. But if you would like us to negotiate peace with your mother, perhaps we can help."


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 17/19* | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 30' | F +4* R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: *3 Con damage

Can we 'declare combat' and enter initiative to not be flat-footed, but ready actions? Coral doesn't want to attack without giving him the chance to surrender, but also doesn't want to be flat-footed yet again against the Tooth Fairies.
If that is not possible, then Coral will just attack.
I really hate the PF initiative system in this situation, when both combatants are aware of each other and expecting trouble but the game insists one side has to be flat-footed.

Edit: ninja'd by Vlad. Not sure what to do... suppose we'll see how this goes.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

I agree with you, this is an area of PF1 I do not like.
So unfortunately no, this isn't a situation where you can catch them flatfooted. They are aware of you and anticipating combat. You can initiative combat, but people will be flatfooted until they act.


Channel 2/5, Bolstering Touch 3/6, Seize the Initiative 1/6
Spells Remaining:
Bless, Weapons Against Evil
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Marya nods approvingly. Perhaps she had underestimated these new companions. She had already made peace she might have to take the unsavory option. After all she’s seen, it’s become difficult to trust that people will make the right choice, no matter how trustworthy they’ve proven themselves. She wonders if perhaps she should reevaluate her cynicism for the slightest moment before shutting the thought away, more out of fear than anything.

I also concur that his part of PF1 init annoys me, but it looks like we have little option :/


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 17/19* | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 30' | F +4* R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: *3 Con damage

Coral waits to see how the Prince responds to Vlad's offer.
You are the GM, and if this is a rule you do not like, you can change it. You can say that if both sides are aware and expecting trouble then nobody is flat-footed. Or that you can ready actions outside of combat (think of a SWAT team entering a room). It is ultimately your call. And if you make a ruling and later see a problem, you can change it. Or you can just run RAW, but that is certainly not an expectation or demand on my part.
Edit: I can always look for an in-game way to circumvent this issue if you think the RAW are the least bad of all options. But generally I think it makes for a better game when the GM uses discretion and is not stuck enforcing a rule they dislike.

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 31/33 [37/39 Rage] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

Normally the quick rogues with sneak attacks are pushing for MORE flat-footed enemies, not less! ;p


female human sorceress 3 | HP 15/15; THP 0/0; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +1, R +3, W +3 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Per +3 Immolation Aura 1/3rnds | Spells: 1st 1/6

Feena considered the situation and asked, "Where do we find the Queen and what problems are we going to run into along the way?"


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Looking to Vlad for a moment out of the corner of his eye he looks back at Feena and continues "Not so fast. Have you decided to get rid of her now? You just said you were not inclined to do so. Are you or are you not going to fulfill the terms I've outlined?"

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 31/33 [37/39 Rage] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

"I think not," Vlad replies. "But if you want to discuss peace terms with her, we will convey them."


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

The prince shakes his head no. "I'm afraid those are not acceptable to me. Either you donate a tooth each, dispatch of my mother, or never leave this room again."

The four tooth fairies in front of you snap their pliers greedily at you, hoping for a chance to steal a tooth.

"Which will it be?" Prince Uspid questions.


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 17/19* | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 30' | F +4* R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: *3 Con damage

Coral draws her sword. "Maybe we'll just leave the way we came."


Channel 2/5, Bolstering Touch 3/6, Seize the Initiative 1/6
Spells Remaining:
Bless, Weapons Against Evil
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Marya draws her cold iron sword, seeing where this is going.


M Human Paladin of Sarenrae 1/Oracle of Life 2 | HP 27/27 | AC 19/13/16 | F +4, R +3, W +5 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | Scimitar +2 (1d6) | Longbow +5 (1d8) | Init -1 | Perception -1 (Deaf)

Damian could feel the tension escalating in the room, and when Coral draws her sword he also takes his bow off his shoulder and nocks an arrow. He's holding the weapon loosely, the arrow tip pointing at the floor still, but it would take him only a heartbeat to raise it, aim and loose - should the faeries or the prince become openly hostile.

He might have allowed them to take a tooth from him, if that was the price they must pay to continue on, but he is incensed at the despicable nature of this "prince". Clearly this was not someone to be reasoned with, only intent on vile machinations. To want his own mother dead... Damian clenches his teeth and squeezes the staff of the bow, sorely tempted to put an arrow through the faerie and end its evil.

If allowed, Damian readies an attack on the prince if either he or one of the four toothfaeries attacks the party.

Attack, smite evil, PBS: 1d20 + 4 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 4 + 3 + 1 = 27 Damage, PBS, smite evil: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 1 = 6

Damian's AC is now 22 against prince Uspid, once combat starts. And if there is any DR, smite evil bypasses that.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

And so the silent tensions of weapon drawing and pliers snapping in the face of the party quickly spiral towards the inevitable violence. The room grows quiet and not a word is spoke as blades are unleashed and prepared for an attack. Damian draws an arrow and sets it just as a fairy lunches forward at Vlad.

Damian's arrow is perfect and slams into the chest of the prince who cries out in pain. "GET. THEIR. TEETH!" is met by four fairies raising their pliers into the air and cheering.

The prince mutters a few words and disappears from sight entirely.

R1: Prince, Marya, Vlad, Coral, Feena, Tooth Fairies, Damian

GM:

Damian: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0
Feena: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Marya: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (16) + 0 = 16
Coral: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Vlad: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Prince: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
TF: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 17/19* | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 30' | F +4* R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: *3 Con damage

Coral leaps into action, stabbing hard at the Blue tooth fairy.
Attack, PA: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (7) + 5 - 1 = 11
I'm sure that is a miss.
Cursing, she prepares for their retaliation.

AOO:
Attack, PA: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (18) + 5 - 1 = 22
Damage, PA: 1d4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 2 = 7
Confirm?: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (3) + 5 - 1 = 7

"Box him in!"


female human sorceress 3 | HP 15/15; THP 0/0; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +1, R +3, W +3 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Per +3 Immolation Aura 1/3rnds | Spells: 1st 1/6

With the sudden onset of hostilities Feena was relieved she'd been ready for it. She was not so pleased that she had no way to readily contribute. Her only remaining offensive spell was laughably weak and not worth the effort just now. Realizing that protecting herself and her teeth was a good idea she assumed the best defensive position she could. She raised both arms to cover her mouth and actively tried to dodge any and all comers.

Full Defense covering my mouth to try and avoid teeth plucking.

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 31/33 [37/39 Rage] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

Vlad finally unleashes the swing he had half-cocked.

"Maybe I'll make a necklace out of your teeth!" he exclaims as he swings.

Heavy Flail vs. light blue: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 141d10 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13


Channel 2/5, Bolstering Touch 3/6, Seize the Initiative 1/6
Spells Remaining:
Bless, Weapons Against Evil
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Marya calls upon Iomedae’s Inspiring Sword to guide her allies’ blades.

Same deal, new combat. +2 sacred bonus to attack rolls, saving throws, and skill checks

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 31/33 [37/39 Rage] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

I'd love it if I could delay until after Marya. :)


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Marya is quick to raise inspiration for her allies once more, ensuring Vlad's heavy flail crack down on the fairy in front of him. The blow was so powerful that he causes the fairy to explode in a glittery substance. DC10 Fort save or be sickened for 1d4 ⇒ 2 rounds.

The remaining three faeries fly forward to Vlad, Coral and Marya. Coral was ready and waiting however, and as soon as it flew up to her face with her pliers she slashed it and sent it tumbling to the ground at her feet.

The two remaining faeries jam pliers into both Vlad and Marya's mouths, ripping away a bloody canine from them and holding it up in the air for all to see. Vlad - 2 Damage, Marya 1 NL damage. Both of you 1 CHA damage.

R1: Prince, Marya, Vlad, Coral, Feena, Tooth Fairies, Damian

GM:

Attack Vlad: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Damage: 1d4 - 2 ⇒ (4) - 2 = 2
Confirm Vlad: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Crit Damage: 1d4 - 2 ⇒ (3) - 2 = 1
Attack Marya: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Damage: 1d4 - 2 ⇒ (2) - 2 = 0


M Human Paladin of Sarenrae 1/Oracle of Life 2 | HP 27/27 | AC 19/13/16 | F +4, R +3, W +5 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | Scimitar +2 (1d6) | Longbow +5 (1d8) | Init -1 | Perception -1 (Deaf)

"Tell your servants to stand down, or we will slay them all!" warns Damian as he looses another arrow at the prince. He doesn't want to slaughter the faeries, but he feels backed up against a wall and with not many options left. Perhaps there is no reasoning with them, but he must try.

Attack, PBS, inspiring sword, smite: 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 4 + 1 + 2 + 3 = 24 Damage, PBS, smite: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 1 = 3


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

The prince went invisible last turn and disappeared out of sight. Let me know if you are redirecting your attack to another visible fairy.

The prince calls out "NEVER!" in response to Damian, but the words are lost on the paladin as he remains invisible. The monarch fairy then appears six inches in front of face, swinging a scepter and trying to bite Damian's neck.

Only the scepter hits, and it really stings as blood begins to pour down the side of his head (6 damage.)

R2: Prince, Marya, Vlad, Coral, Feena, Tooth Fairies, Damian

GM:

Attack Sceptre: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 6 + 2 = 21
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Attack Bite: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 2 = 9


M Human Paladin of Sarenrae 1/Oracle of Life 2 | HP 27/27 | AC 19/13/16 | F +4, R +3, W +5 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | Scimitar +2 (1d6) | Longbow +5 (1d8) | Init -1 | Perception -1 (Deaf)

My bad, I missed that. Damian will redirect his attack to one of the remaining faeries, minus smite evil bonuses. Also, Damian's AC against Uspid is 22, because of smite evil.


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 17/19* | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 30' | F +4* R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: *3 Con damage

Don't Marya and Vlad also get AOOs since they acted before the fairies?
"Feena, switch with Vlad!"
Coral readies to stab the Prince as soon as she has a flank.

Readied Attack:
Rapier, Flank, Inspiring Sword, PA: 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (9) + 5 + 2 + 2 - 1 = 17
Damage: 1d4 + 1 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 2 + (3) = 9


female human sorceress 3 | HP 15/15; THP 0/0; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +1, R +3, W +3 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Per +3 Immolation Aura 1/3rnds | Spells: 1st 1/6

Feena nodded and quickly stepped back so Vlad could move into the space she was at. She otherwise maintained her defensive posture covering her mouth with her arms and ready to dodge all comers.

Continue with full defense.


Channel 2/5, Bolstering Touch 3/6, Seize the Initiative 1/6
Spells Remaining:
Bless, Weapons Against Evil
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

IIRC, toothfairies don't have to enter your square if they are using their pliers, so we wouldn't get AoOs

Marya continues her inspiring dance.

Same song, different round. +2 sacred bonus on attack rolls, saving throws, and skill checks

EDIT: AoO (IIS): 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 3 + 2 = 17
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Reminder that Marya is using her cold iron longsword!


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Bah, what a mess I've made of it!

Somehow I never even saw they had 5' reach with their pliers until I was going to incorrectly correct you Marya. Well darn, that makes them a whole lot less squishy! Since I already have them in your squares however, Marya and Vlad go ahead and take your AoO's. The second group will suffer from these creatures much worse than you did!

I was looking at Damian's AC as flat which is why I listed that as a hit. I'll just wave this away and say he missed both attacks for now since I let you have that pre-peremptory volley against him.

Marya/Vlad have AoO's and Vlad is up for R2.


Channel 2/5, Bolstering Touch 3/6, Seize the Initiative 1/6
Spells Remaining:
Bless, Weapons Against Evil
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Give the other group my apologies, then! No worries. I've run tooth fairies before in PFS, but I didn't think about the pliers thing until I saw Coral's question. I edited my post above to have an AoO

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 31/33 [37/39 Rage] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

Vlad nearly chokes on the glittery substance that enters his lungs as one of them yanks a tooth from his mouth, but his strong fortitude sees him through.

"You'll pay for that!" he says, striking at another fey with a bloody grin.

AoO, Heavy Flail (power attack, inspiring sword): 1d20 + 5 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (20) + 5 + 2 - 1 = 261d10 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 3 = 12
CRIT?: 1d20 + 5 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 2 - 1 = 131d10 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 3 = 13

Heavy Flail (power attack, inspiring sword): 1d20 + 5 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 2 - 1 = 91d10 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 3 = 8

fort save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Marya and Vlad are both successful in targeting the faeries as they move to get better position. While Marya's strike injures the flying pest, it doesn't obliterate it quite like Vlad's attack does. Once more Vlad's flail destroy's a tooth fairy, this time before it can strike. The AoO negates it's attack, so you don't take any damage that round, only Marya does.

The fairy in front of Marya tries to bite her on the side of her neck, the poison spilling into her body. 1 Damage + DC11 Fort save or be paralyzed for 1d3 ⇒ 1 rounds.

R2: Prince, Marya, Vlad, Coral, Feena, Tooth Fairy, Damian

GM:

Bite Marya: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Damage: 1d4 - 3 ⇒ (4) - 3 = 1
Attack: 1d20 ⇒ 7
Save: 1d20 ⇒ 10
Save: 1d20 ⇒ 1


Channel 2/5, Bolstering Touch 3/6, Seize the Initiative 1/6
Spells Remaining:
Bless, Weapons Against Evil
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Fortitude Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Marya’s body convulses from the poison, but she pushes through it.


M Human Paladin of Sarenrae 1/Oracle of Life 2 | HP 27/27 | AC 19/13/16 | F +4, R +3, W +5 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | Scimitar +2 (1d6) | Longbow +5 (1d8) | Init -1 | Perception -1 (Deaf)

The prince was visible again, so Damian doesn't waste this chance. Nodding grimly to himself, he takes a step back and releases another arrow in an attempt to put an end to this senseless confrontation.

Attack, PBS, inspiring sword, smite: 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 1 + 2 + 1 = 14 Damage, PBS, smite: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 1 = 3

He will likely take an AoO from the prince, AC is 22 against Uspid.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Prince Uspid swings his scepter as Damian nocks and unloads an arrow right in front of him, but he is so afraid of getting hit by the projectile that he pulls his swing and both he and Damian end up missing their attacks against each other.

Focused on Damian, the prince swings his scepter again and then follows it up with an attempted bite of the paladin's left forearm. Both of his attacks miss again and the prince begins to grow visibly frustrated, yelling at the deaf man "STOP DOING THAT!" as he retreats five back towards the rear of the room.

R3: Prince, Marya, Vlad, Coral, Feena, Tooth Fairy, Damian

GM:

AoO: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Scepter: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Bite: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 17/19* | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 30' | F +4* R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: *3 Con damage

Coral gives up waiting for a flank and just stabs at the fairy bothering Marya. (Wounded already, right?)
Rapier on Red, Inspiring Sword, PA: 1d20 + 5 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (11) + 5 + 2 - 1 = 17
Damage: 1d4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 2 = 6


female human sorceress 3 | HP 15/15; THP 0/0; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +1, R +3, W +3 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Per +3 Immolation Aura 1/3rnds | Spells: 1st 1/6

Having succeeded thus far Feena continued to maintain her defensive stance covering her mouth.

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 31/33 [37/39 Rage] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

Vlad snarls at the prince and raises his flail in anger.

"You should have bargained with us! It's going to cost you dearly!" he says as he lunges forward aggressively. Having telegraphed his intentions, the fey easily dodges the attack.

Heavy Flail (power attack): 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (1) + 5 - 1 = 51d10 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 3 = 12


Channel 2/5, Bolstering Touch 3/6, Seize the Initiative 1/6
Spells Remaining:
Bless, Weapons Against Evil
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Marya powers through the neck wound and continues inspiring her allies. ”We got this! Keep up the pressure.”

+2 sacred bonus on attack rolls, saving throws, and skill checks until Marya’s next turn


Channel 2/5, Bolstering Touch 3/6, Seize the Initiative 1/6
Spells Remaining:
Bless, Weapons Against Evil
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Forgot to move Marya. She's going to five foot step west so that Coral has a flank. The trade off of them not needing to enter squares is that at least they will be easier to flank now!

801 to 850 of 1,308 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM ShadowLord's Tyrant's Grasp - Group 1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.