GM ShadowLord's Tyrant's Grasp - Group 1

Game Master The Rising Phoenix

Roll 20

LOOT!


901 to 950 of 1,276 << first < prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | next > last >>

DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

As Coral talks, the prince seems to roll his eyes. "Whatever you do, don't let her near me. I'd rather you dump me outside this place then turn me over to her." She doesn't get a good sense one way or the other if he is sincere.

When Vlad talk, he tries to scoot away from him. Turning back to Coral he pleads "That one has serious issues. Don't let him near me please."


M Human Paladin of Sarenrae 1/Oracle of Life 2 | HP 27/27 | AC 19/13/16 | F +4, R +3, W +5 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | Scimitar +2 (1d6) | Longbow +5 (1d8) | Init -1 | Perception -1 (Deaf)

Still puzzling the mystery of the glowing bow, Damian interjects himself in the discussion.

"Then perhaps you can give us what we need and we can set you free once we are at a safe distance from this place. We did not want strife, we are simply looking for a way home."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Prince Uspid shrugs "Yes, because you've given me so much evidence you can be trusted after you killed everyone and took me hostage."


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 17/19* (2 NL) | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 30' | F +4* R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: *3 Con damage

Marya's plan sounds good to me.
"Enough. You were in no position to bargain but you chose whining over pragmatism. Your loss."
Coral keeps talking as she gags the Prince.

"We will take you to your Mother and advocate mercy. If we don't get there, Vlad will kill you. His way. You're still badly wounded."

"Vlad, can you carry him and make sure the bonds are tight? If he even tries to escape, punish him. We'll leave his scepter behind."

Then she takes the brass key. "Let's see what this opens."

I guess try the doors in the courtyard, and go through whichever one is locked.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

The prince protests when he is gagged again. When Vlad goes to pick him up, he squirms and kicks as he tries to get away from the strange human.

Heading back downstairs and through the courtyard, there are two doors you have not explored. Examining the one on the right you can tell there was] a lock here, but it's pried off and now the door sits slightly ajar.

The door on the left has its lock still intact AND there is a second lock that has haphazardly been nailed to the door.

Let me know if you still want to proceed through the double-locked door.


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 17/19* (2 NL) | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 30' | F +4* R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: *3 Con damage

Coral listens near the ajar door.
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

"What do you think, guys?"

OOC I have a feeling we will need to explore all of the Palace and loot it to get the gear we will need to succeed. I doubt we are likely to find many shops here or in Roslar's Coffer should we get back there. But IC I am not sure how to rationalize doing that...

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 33/33 [39/39 Rage] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

I'm also in favor of a thorough exploration.

Vlad is none-too-gentle with the tied fey and is glad to put the gag back on its mouth. "You're the one who ordered your lackeys to attack us, remember? If anyone should not be trusted, it's the Prince of Pliers. Now shut up."

As Coral listens at the door, he says "I'd like to see what's in the open room first--there's got to be a reason the other is double-locked, though."


Channel 2/5, Bolstering Touch 3/6, Seize the Initiative 1/6
Spells Remaining:
Bless, Weapons Against Evil
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Marya stretches. It felt good to sleep, but it wasn’t enough yet. She has a feeling she won’t be getting enough sleep for a while.

”Sounds fine to me. Clear the open areas first so we don’t get surrounded.”


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 17/19* (2 NL) | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 30' | F +4* R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: *3 Con damage

"Good point."

If she doesn't hear anything alarming, Coral pushes open the door and begins walking forward carefully.


female human sorceress 3 | HP 15/15; THP 0/0; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +1, R +3, W +3 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Per +3 Spells: 1st 3/6

Feena offered her magical cleansing to the rest of her companions as they woke and then listened to the discussion with the Prince. It seemed the Prince wanted to argue and not be helpful. She honestly wasn't sure that saving him was the best choice but it was done now and she wouldn't condone cold blooded murder.

With the Prince gagged again and being carried by Vlad as they discussed their next step. "As much as I would like to get out of here I agree, we should explore it all. The knowledge gleaned could be important and the things we find of great use." She glanced at the Prince, "I also think we need to find the Queen, I doubt the Prince can give us what we need regardless of what he says since he isn't the King."


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Coral senses no danger and just a gentle push on the door causes it to swing open, revealing a stable. This room is a stable just large enough for one or two horses. Pegs on the wall hold a few decayed leather straps, the floor is covered with dried grass, and a pungent animal smell pervades the room. In the back of the room there is a large canvas rolled up against the wall, something clearly inside of it.


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 17/19* (2 NL) | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 30' | F +4* R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: *3 Con damage

Coral approaches the canvas cautiously. She stops and listens for any signs of movement.
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

"Anybody got a way to unroll this canvas without touching it? No? Well then..."

If she doesn't perceive any danger, she will walk up and try to look in one end of the roll.

Coral would like to most often be next to anybody else with Shake it Off - so I guess that's Feena and Vlad.


Channel 2/5, Bolstering Touch 3/6, Seize the Initiative 1/6
Spells Remaining:
Bless, Weapons Against Evil
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

"For a certain value of 'touch,' sure." Marya mimes unrolling the canvas by pushing down on it with her sword.

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 33/33 [39/39 Rage] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

Vlad moves toward the rolled canvas. "I will reveal it--stand back," he says.

I'll unroll or uncover it.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Coral doesn't perceive danger, but she does perceive a terrible smell eminating from within the canvas. As Vlad moves to it and unfolds it, a truly frightful stench of decay fills the room. Everyone in or adjacent to the room needs a DC 12 Fortitude save to avoid being nauseated for 1 minute and sickened for 6 minutes afterwards.

Inside of the canvas is the body of a stout, hunched predator has a ruff of dirty feathers and a crocodilian skull for a head. All of the teeth of the creature are missing.

Also inside of the room, you see a wand inside the feed trough as well as a pair of feather slippers fashioned after ballet shoes. Coral takes note of a tiny bead that stands out as unique which is located at the bottom of the bin as well, barely visible.

Knowledge Planes DC13:
This is a type of psychopomp known as an esobok. Esoboks are the blunt and vicious predator caste of psychopomps. They patrol as feral hunters, hungry for undead flesh. Though as outsiders esoboks don’t have to eat and draw no sustenance from this behavior, the spark of undeath is a feast for their every sense, and they pursue and ravenously consume undead creatures given the chance.

Esoboks’ unruly nature and limited intelligence make them ideal border guards and “attack animals,” although their behavior can be alien and unsettling to those who expect them to display either more animalistic instincts or the sophisticated intellects of other psychopomps. These predators are never trusted to retrieve the souls of the fallen, but they are often called to the Material Plane to help contain outbreaks of undead—in such situations, their joy at the taste of undead flesh generally prevents them from attacking living targets, despite their lust for battle.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 17/19* (2 NL) | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 30' | F +4* R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: *3 Con damage

Presuming that Coral is adjacent to at least Vlad, if not Feena. She grants an additional +1 to the Shake It Off bonus for either of those PCs.
Fort, Shake It Off: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 3 + 2 = 16
In between gagging the halfling manages to utter, "Oh... wow... is that bad."
She looks at the corpse.
"What is that?"

And Coral takes a look at the bead. Does it appear to be valuable?
Appraise: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
"Feena, can you tell if any of these items are magical?"


Channel 2/5, Bolstering Touch 3/6, Seize the Initiative 1/6
Spells Remaining:
Bless, Weapons Against Evil
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Fortitude Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

Marya is quick to look away and cover her mouth so she wouldn’t breathe in the decay.

Knowledge (planes: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Marya’s studies at seminary are proving valuable. ”Well, that there is what is left of an Esobok. Had a lecture on them where the professor said to not be scared by them. They are the guard dogs of the psychopomps. Not as smart as usual, and they like eating undead. They enjoy fighting but aren’t really interested in eating anything besides undead flesh. They get sent out usually when there’s an outbreak of undeath that needs some quick curbing.”

Marya glances towards the bound and gagged prince. ”I think it’s pretty reasonable to guess the fey are in the wrong here.”


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

The prince doesn't say anything but shoots Marya a dirty scowl. You get the impression he'd probably spit on you or launch into a tirade if he wasn't gagged.


Channel 2/5, Bolstering Touch 3/6, Seize the Initiative 1/6
Spells Remaining:
Bless, Weapons Against Evil
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Marya shrugs at Mr. Uspid. ”My apologies. Allow me to address you in the language of your people.” She crosses her eyes and blows a raspberry, then returns her attention to finishing checking out the room.


M Human Paladin of Sarenrae 1/Oracle of Life 2 | HP 27/27 | AC 19/13/16 | F +4, R +3, W +5 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | Scimitar +2 (1d6) | Longbow +5 (1d8) | Init -1 | Perception -1 (Deaf)

Fort save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
knowledge planes: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Damian barely manages to keep from retching at the powerful stench, and he quickly leaves the room to stand just outside, propping one arm on the wall and taking shallow breaths.

He doesn't manage to get a good look at the creature, and in any case his studies had not covered such topics.


female human sorceress 3 | HP 15/15; THP 0/0; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +1, R +3, W +3 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Per +3 Spells: 1st 3/6

As they proceed in their explorations Feena stayed close to her companions. She didn't trust this place and things seemed too quiet so it was a comfort to have people she could trust nearby. When they found the room with the stench Feena gagged on the odor.
Fort: 1d20 ⇒ 7
She felt her gorge rise a bit as the smell became even worse the closer she got to the door but tried to hold in back and push through the stench.
Shake it off: 1d20 ⇒ 3
Unfortunately she took a deep breath as she tried and nearly hurled breakfast up on the floor. It was all she could do to keep a handle on her stomach through the nausea the stench caused in her so she stayed as close to the door as possible and tried to take shallow breaths.

When Coral asked her if any of the items were magical Feena looked at her with a face nearly green from how ill she felt. "Have to wait until my stomach settles, I couldn't cast a spell right now if I wanted to."

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 33/33 [39/39 Rage] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

As the one who opened the canvas, Vlad takes the full weight of the decay on his first breath. Like Feena and Damian, it is all he can do to keep from retching.

"By all that is holy, that stinks to high heaven!" he exclaims. Feeling great sympathy for Feena, he is happy to wait until she feels better, his stomach also turning in knots.

fort save (shake it off): 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 2 = 12 Looks like I barely made it with the shake it off teamwork action!


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

The party waits out the smell and feeling of sickness that overtake them. After nearly ten minutes the smell has dissipated and Feena is once again able to use her magic effectively. She detects magic coming from the wand, the bead and the slippers.

Give me some identification stuff!


female human sorceress 3 | HP 15/15; THP 0/0; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +1, R +3, W +3 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Per +3 Spells: 1st 3/6

Feeling the nausea finally abate Feena took a deep breath of fresher air now that they weren't near that room anymore. She finally felt the last of her nausea abate and squared her shoulders. "Sorry about that."

Feena turned her gaze to Coral and said get those items out please, time to identify them."[/b] She chanted and gestured, cast her spell, and examined the items with her eyes that glowed like flickering flames from her spell.

Spellraft: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Spellraft: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Spellraft: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Spellraft: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

Not sure how many I need but figure four should do for starters.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Unfortunately, Feena’s sickness lingers and causes her to not recall what most of the items are. She finally takes her time on the bead however, identifying it as a bead of healing from lesser strand of prayer beads.


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 17/19* (2 NL) | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 30' | F +4* R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: *3 Con damage

"Back to the other door?"
I'm guessing the Prince's key opens one lock, and Coral will have to pick the other. Her Disable Device is +9, or +10 with a Guidance, so if the DC is 30 or less she can do it in time.
Though Marya asking Iomedae to bless lock-picking is a bit dubious.

Coral starts working on the lock.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18
Disable Device: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Disable Device: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Disable Device: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29


M Human Paladin of Sarenrae 1/Oracle of Life 2 | HP 27/27 | AC 19/13/16 | F +4, R +3, W +5 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | Scimitar +2 (1d6) | Longbow +5 (1d8) | Init -1 | Perception -1 (Deaf)

"Why would the corpse of an... Marya, can you say again what that was, please? Anyway, what was it doing rolled up in a carpet? I think it is as you said, the fey killed it and tried to hide it." Damian looks straight at Uspid, a stern expression on his face.

"Quite the little rebel, aren't you? Overthrowing your mother, killing Pharasma's servants... Tsk." He doesn't expect a response, as the fey is still gagged, but shakes his head and continues on, following the others.


Channel 2/5, Bolstering Touch 3/6, Seize the Initiative 1/6
Spells Remaining:
Bless, Weapons Against Evil
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Marya turns to look at Damian so he can read her lips. ”Esobok. Think undead-eating psychopomp doggie.”

Marya passes on Iomedae’s guidance to Coral. Noticing the woman’s questioning reaction, Marya interjects. ”You’re opening a lock in a building full of murderous, would-be kinslayer fey. I don’t think Iomedae’s gonna hold that against you. Also, she never says anything about locks in the Acts.”

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 33/33 [39/39 Rage] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

Vlad nods at Coral. "Let us try the other door--why don't you check it out. I'm right behind you."


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Coral checks out the other door an finds that the Prince's key opens the very solidly constructed lock, but not the one that has been haphazardly slapped onto the door. She pulls out her tools and goes to work on the lock however, quickly popping it and opening the door.

The room behind is is 10'x20' and empty except a wooden ladder that leaders up to another floor. As soon as the door opens Coral senses the danger. The soft scrape of bone reveals a ten foot long, 200 pound sinuous skeleton of a large snake, its head a humanoid skull with a snake’s jaws. Snapping towards her, she Vlad and Feena are the first to respond.

R1: Coral, Vlad, Feena, Snake, Damian, Marya

GM:

Damian: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (12) - 1 = 11
Feena: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Marya: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (10) + 0 = 10
Coral: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Vlad: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Marya reroll: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (3) + 0 = 3
Snake: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 33/33 [39/39 Rage] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

Vlad hears the noise and steps into the room, his flail at the ready.

"Guided by the light, I strike my foes!" he exclaims.

Heavy Flail (power attack): 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (19) + 5 - 1 = 231d10 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 3 = 15
CRIT?): 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (14) + 5 - 1 = 181d10 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 3 = 17


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 17/19* (2 NL) | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 30' | F +4* R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: *3 Con damage

"Skeleton Snake!"
Coral moves around the thing while drawing her mace, then smashes it.

Light Mace, Flanking, PA: 1d20 + 5 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (11) + 5 + 2 - 1 = 17
Damage, PA, SA: 1d4 + 1 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 2 + (6, 4) = 17

Didn't look like the map is up, but hopefully she can move into a flank.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

The map looks ok to me. Scroll down, we are back on the first floor and not on the right anymore.

Coral slips past the the snake so that she can position herself to pincer it with Vlad. She jabs her blade into it's posterior, but finds the creature is resistant to some of her blade's damage. Vlad enters the room and does not have that problem however, smashing the creature into a dozen pieces before it can even strike.

Out of combat.

With the threat neutralized, the only other thing of interest is a ladder that ascends up to a closed trapdoor above.


Channel 2/5, Bolstering Touch 3/6, Seize the Initiative 1/6
Spells Remaining:
Bless, Weapons Against Evil
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

The battle is over before Marya even has an opportunity to realize they are in battle. ”Good job, you two. Blew that...whatever it was into a million pieces.”

Marya points up to the trapdoor with her sword. ”Betting mama tooth fairy is up there. After we check for traps, maybe it’d be a good idea to call out to her to let her know we mean no harm. Don’t want her to mistake us for her son and his entourage.”


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 17/19* (2 NL) | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 30' | F +4* R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: *3 Con damage

Coral used her mace, actually.
The halfling puts her mace away, keeping the rapier in hand.

Coral will check the ladder and trapdoor for traps.
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

Then she will move up the ladder, listen at the trapdoor, and then let someone else call out.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Dagger. Mace. Instrument of destruction. No matter! You obliterated it.

Finding no noise or traps, Coral pushes up through the trap door to the next floor. The room is narrow, only ten feet in width, but about 50' long.

She finds nothing except for a long weapon rack against the south wall, the rest of this room bare. About 50' to her east is another ladder heading up.


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 17/19* (2 NL) | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 30' | F +4* R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: *3 Con damage

Coral looks at the weapons.
Anything here seem to be Cold Iron? Unlikely, but would be useful if it were.
And she will ask Marya or Feena to Detect Magic.


Channel 2/5, Bolstering Touch 3/6, Seize the Initiative 1/6
Spells Remaining:
Bless, Weapons Against Evil
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Coral is welcome to use the cold iron dagger that Raj was borrowing from Marya if she wants. Marya also didn’t prepare detect magic today (no points in spellcraft yet)


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 17/19* (2 NL) | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 30' | F +4* R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: *3 Con damage

A Medium-sized cold iron dagger wouldn't be great for Coral, so she'll rely on powering through DR. Feena, want to take a look at the weapon rack?


Channel 2/5, Bolstering Touch 3/6, Seize the Initiative 1/6
Spells Remaining:
Bless, Weapons Against Evil
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Oh, duh. I barely ever play small characters, so I forget the weapons size thing

Marya scouts over the weapons to see if there is anything particularly worth looting. Profession (soldier): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 33/33 [39/39 Rage] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

Vlad nods as the snake creature is shattered.

"May this be the fate of all that oppose the righteous," he says. He waits for Coral to check out the passage ahead, but follows closely enough to get to her quickly, if needed.


M Human Paladin of Sarenrae 1/Oracle of Life 2 | HP 27/27 | AC 19/13/16 | F +4, R +3, W +5 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | Scimitar +2 (1d6) | Longbow +5 (1d8) | Init -1 | Perception -1 (Deaf)

Damian follows behind, stepping carefully around the bones scattered on the floor. He gives Vlad an appreciative nod.

"Once we find the fairy queen, I hope she is more amenable than her son." he muses as he tilts his head back to look at where the ladder is leading to.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

The only serviceable weapon of interest is a lone warhammer that is made out of adamantine.

Coral Trapspotter: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

As Coral looks through the weapons, he foot catches on a hair-thin tripwire down below that causes a mechanism to launch the weapons in all directions from the rack.

Trap Coral: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32
Trap Vlad: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32
Trap Marya: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28
Trap Feena: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18
Trap Damian: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21

Daggers, swords, axes and all manner of weapon launch towards the party, impacting all five of you. No one is spared damage from the trap that leaves you all bloody and injured.

Damage (everyone): 2d6 ⇒ (6, 1) = 7

Tied up in the back of the room by the ladder, the prince is either laughing at your or trying to talk to you as he squirms about.

Other than the hammer, the only way is to continue up the next ladder.


female human sorceress 3 | HP 15/15; THP 0/0; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +1, R +3, W +3 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Per +3 Spells: 1st 3/6

With the sudden appearance of the skeletal snake Feena was caught completely off guard. She was so off guard that before she could blink it was destroyed. Relieved they made it past that she followed as they continued forward. Things seemed to be going well, that is until Coral triggered a trap while examining the weapons rack. As blades, maces, and axes flew at them Feena had a pair of daggers slam into her thud, THUD! She gave a cry of pain at the dual injuries and realized just how close she came to dying as the second dagger went right between a pair of ribs and nearly into her heart.

Feena stood there, panicking, but unable to decide what to do. She was white as a sheet and blood covered her dress. In the end she was terrified and simply stood there, frozen, as she hoped someone would help her.


M Human Paladin of Sarenrae 1/Oracle of Life 2 | HP 27/27 | AC 19/13/16 | F +4, R +3, W +5 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | Scimitar +2 (1d6) | Longbow +5 (1d8) | Init -1 | Perception -1 (Deaf)

Damian throws up his hands and curls against the wall as an axe flies straight at him, the blade embedding deep into his side. He cries out in pain, and when he lowers his hands he cries out again, in fear and despair. His companions are all injured, some of them severely, and blood spatters the walls and floor of the narrow corridor.

Goddess, no! is all that he manages to think as a pain far greater than that of his wounds stabs into his heart. He will not let others die. He will not.

Focusing all his will, he sends out a pulse of healing energy to encompass the entire group. And again.

Channel: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (1, 5) + 2 = 8


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 17/19* (2 NL) | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 30' | F +4* R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: *3 Con damage

Coral curses as she trips the wire.
Damn! This is the thing you're supposed to be good at!
Sorry, all. Coral will work on boosting that Perception because bad rolls do happen.

Several blades cut her, and she is grateful when Damian heals everybody.

Damian, where does the +1 per die on the Channel healing come from? Variant channeling doesn't add the Channel bonus to damage healed - in fact it halves the Channel healing. So I don't think you actually want to have Variant Channeling. I only know this because my PFS -1 character uses Variant Channeling. But what Damien does have is a trait to reroll any 1's on each Channel attempt (though must keep the reroll).


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Once everyone has healed up, Coral searches for problems and finds nothing further. Climbing the ladder up, she sees

This long room atop the gatehouse has several narrow arrow slits to the north and south. Each is 2 feet high and only a few inches wide. The room is bare except for a ladder descending from an alcove at the room’s eastern end. A low door stands in the center of the north wall, with a small, square window at the typical eye level for a human. The window is inset with a small metal grill, which has been stuffed with humanoid teeth.

As she climbs up on to the floor, something unexpected happens. A creature materializes before her eyes that clearly was not there seconds before. A stout, hunched predator with a ruff of dirty feathers and a crocodilian skull for a head is barreling towards her at full speed. It impacts her chest and tries to push her backwards over the empty space where the ladder was that she just climbed up. Coral's arms windmill as she flies backwards and then down the opening, landing hard on the floor below. Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3

To be clear, as soon as you got on the floor it bullrushed you back over the space open behind you where the ladder is. Coral will fall ten feet and take 1d6 falling damage. The map is split into two different floors, so scroll right to see the upper one.

R1: Badguy, Feena, Coral, Vlad, Marya, Damian

GM:

Damian: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4
Feena: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Marya: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (6) + 0 = 6
Coral: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Vlad: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Marya reroll: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (10) + 0 = 10
BR: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
PP: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 17/19* (2 NL) | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 30' | F +4* R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: *3 Con damage

Coral crashes to the ground.
Ouch.

She pulls herself to her feet.
"Looks like that dead thing we found. An 'esobok', right? Either it was invisible or it can teleport or something, because one second it wasn't there and the next it was."

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 33/33 [39/39 Rage] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

Vlad listens to Coral's report as he looks up the ladder.

"Let's see if it wants to try that with me," he says, mounting the ladder and climbing up.


Channel 2/5, Bolstering Touch 3/6, Seize the Initiative 1/6
Spells Remaining:
Bless, Weapons Against Evil
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Marya calls out. ”Vlad! Scarboy!” As soon as she has his attention, she points to the adamantine warhammer. ”Psychopomps resist everything but adamantine. And guess what? The Inheritor provides. Heh. Why don’t you use it?” Rationally, Marya knows Iomedae likely has little to no sway in the domain of Pharasma, but she also knows the Inheritor is known to make the exact right weapon pop up at the most convenient time. Either way, she figured it would be the best angle to nudge Vlad the way she wants.

That was a lot of talking and moving, so I’m gonna say that was a move action

She then drops her sword and clutches her holy symbol, reciting a quiet prayer to herself, then touching Vlad. ”You might want a bit of Her protection, too.” Standard action to cast Shield of Faith on Vlad

901 to 950 of 1,276 << first < prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM ShadowLord's Tyrant's Grasp - Group 1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.