GM ShadowLord's Tyrant's Grasp - Group 1

Game Master The Rising Phoenix

Roll 20

LOOT!


551 to 600 of 1,277 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>

Channel 2/5, Bolstering Touch 3/6, Seize the Initiative 1/6
Spells Remaining:
Bless, Weapons Against Evil
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Marya's brow grows increasingly furrowed as she tries to wrangle Coral's complex story. Listening to a cute woman get really into telling a story reminds Marya of all those times with Hilde gushing about the latest book she read or giving a crash-course on the basics of text preservation. Marya laughs long and hearty at the question about her being Iomedae, but lets Coral finish."I'm not Iomedae. I'm flattered you think that a burnt-out woman like me could be a Goddess in disguise. Or do you just say that to all the women in armor?" The flirtatious comment comes out before Marya realizes what she's saying. Her mind tangles up with a mixture of guilt and loneliness until she pushes it down to deal with later. "I actually didn't know...pretty much all of that, to tell the truth. I know it's a crazy situation, but I assure you this isn't a dream." She pokes Coral in the shoulder to show they are both solid. "Haven't seen any Pharasmin priests around, either. I suppose I used to be one almost ten years ago before I converted, but that's the closest it gets." She strokes the curve of her jawline. "It does seem whatever happened to us also happened to you. The rest of us that are alive still were in those other six coffins. None of the rest of us seem that special either, so you're in good company. There's a couple of psychopomps over the hill--Umble and Thoot--that asked us to help these people realize they are dead, and in exchange, they'll tell us how to get back to Golarion, since we are all still alive and clearly not supposed to be here. Any help you can provide is welcome."


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 17/19* (2 NL) | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 30' | F +4* R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: *3 Con damage

"Nah, I didn't really think you were Iomedae. Salcas told me about the gods walking the world in disguise - like Aroden - but also said Iomedae wasn't much for the 'subtle tactics' as he put it.
Is that really what She thinks? Or is it just what Her church says? Or what She was like as a mortal? I hope She's learned a bit since Her mortal days.
Anyway if you were Her, a transparent disguise like a lady knight with a Tabard like that would seem to fit. Someone who is not comfortable with the 'disguise' concept. But it would seem strange if after all my prayers She just shows up and tells me the answer without me really having to prove myself or anything.
Well, your story might be true and it might not. Either this is a dream and the quest you have given me is a dream-quest (and I'm not dead), or this is real and it's a real-quest (and I'm not dead). Either way, sounds good to me.
I have a little bit of talent as a scout, I can defend myself in a fight - I don't think Iomedae frowns on attacking a bigger foe in their weak spot - and I know a bit about the gods from what Salcas taught me."


Channel 2/5, Bolstering Touch 3/6, Seize the Initiative 1/6
Spells Remaining:
Bless, Weapons Against Evil
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Marya shrugs and smiles. “Real-quest.” Cute. No point in pushing the matter further now. ”On the question of Iomedae’s personality, that’s a good question for another time. I need to find that girl I was just talking to. I need to talk to her mother, and her daughter could help. You can help if you want, though if you have someone else you want to talk to, feel free.”

Marya wants to go get Konstanze and bring her along to talk with Heike, so Heike can see Konstanze is okay


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 17/19* (2 NL) | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 30' | F +4* R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: *3 Con damage

Coral walks over to Rajuna as he is conversing with the angry woman.
He did offer help...
But for now she just watches and listens.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Arun hangs his head as he begins to understand what Vlad says is true. With a heavy sigh he nods. "You are probably right son. Wait."

He reaches out and places his right hand on Vlad's left shoulder. "I will go and find your father. I will tell him that you have been destined for great things. Vlad, nake this right. Make your father proud. We believe in you."

* * *

One of the kids is a flyer, yes.

The woman looks over at the children and then back to Rajuna. "I know most of everyone here, everyone but you that is. Strange things afoot here...." she trails off looking around before snapping back to Rajuna. "What is going on? Is this your doing? Something is ... wrong. This started when you came into town, didn't it?"

She looks over at Coral as she approaches. "What a coincidence! Another one I don't know. I'm thinking trouble comes in two's, isn't that what they always say? Hmmm?"

* * *

Konstanze is happy to go with Marya. Looking to Heiki she says "I can go anywhere! Auntie Marya says I'm free to go anywhere I want! I CAN GO TO HEAVEN!!"

Heike bends down and embraces Konstanze, holding her tight in an embrace. She holds her there until Konstanze squirms free and bounds away again, giggling. Heike stands and turns to Marya, "Alright. Alright. I'm sorry Marya."

"I'm sorry. I'm scared."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Channel 2/5, Bolstering Touch 3/6, Seize the Initiative 1/6
Spells Remaining:
Bless, Weapons Against Evil
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Marya waves to signal Raj and let him know that the approaching Coral is a friend.

Marya steps up to Heike and holds her. "You have every right to be scared. This situation is scary and completely unfair. You don't have to be sorry to me. You have to accept what has happened, though. That's what you told me when I came back from the Reclamation. You were there for me then and before when I came to this town completely alone in the world. I will never forget. I owe you for putting up with a wash-up like me. You will always be my sister and my niece, my family by choice. I love you two, you know?" Marya's eyes are red and itchy, but they are out of tears for now. She pulls back from the hug and holds Heike by the shoulders, looking her right in the eyes. "And I'm going to pay you back for all the kindness you've shown me. I'm going to find out what happened. I'm going to track down who is responsible. And I'm going to bring them to justice. I swear it by the Sword and Sun. I swear it by my heart and blood. I swear it by our bond and love." That Iomedaean oath is the strongest Marya knows. It's the same one she swore to Hilde as she clutched the bloody tabard, the oath that she would find a way to bring her back just as she was. Marya throws up a cocky grin. "Knowing me, I'll probably f%%@ it up. But knowing that's never stopped me from trying before, eh?"


HP:16 | AC:16 ; T:14 ; FF:12 ; CMD:16 | Fort:+3 ; Ref:+6 ; Will:+4 | Init:+4 ; PER:+7
Biddy wrote:
The woman looks over at the children and then back to Rajuna. "I know most of everyone here, everyone but you that is. Strange things afoot here...." she trails off looking around before snapping back to Rajuna. "What is going on? Is this your doing? Something is ... wrong. This started when you came into town, didn't it?"

Rajuna ignores the superstitious paranoia. He was reasonably certain the matriarch didn't run the town by fear and ignorance. "So it isn't just rumors, is it? You're already beginnin' to see the truth. You need to see more of it. Watch - and stay calm. The kids and the people of this town need your strength more than ever." Rajuna signals to the young flyer. "Show her what you can do. It's OK, you won't get in trouble."

As the child begins to fly, Rajuna prays the town matriarch is perceptive enough to see it. As she watches, he says quietly, "Whatever did this to your town, I think it was months or years in the planning. I had nothing to do with it. You don't have to believe me - ask Damian, Feena, or Marya." He adds, gambling that Vlad's unorthodox beliefs probably didn't endear him to the biddy. "Here's the hard truth - nearly everyone in town died suddenly last night. I'm sorry but we are in Pharasma's Boneyard. You, your neighbors, and these kids are spirits now. That's why they can fly. We don't know who did this... but we're going to do our damndest to find out."

Raj gives Coral only the barest of nods for the moment, trying to keep from feeding into the old lady's paranoia.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Heike nods along with Marya, a sad realization having washed over her face. She seems calmer and more accepting, less emotional and more accepting. She offers a small smile to Marya and responds "We both love you too. We have faith in you that you will find out what happened and Gods be damned if they stand in your way! Whether you f#!$ it up or not, you'll do what needs to be done. Godspeed Marya, we'll be waiting for you whenever you are ready."

* * *

The Lady nods along to Rajuna during his explanation and demonstration from the younger children. "I see," Grive says, taking the news stoically. "Yes, being dead seems the most likely explanation. I thought as much when we first woke up in this strange realm. It's a terrible tragedy, to be sure... But I suppose there's nothing to be done for it. I've already come to terms with my fate, but the rest of the townsfolk have proven to be more resistant to the idea. I tried to explain it to the others, but that only led to horrifying reactions and panic, which hasn't helped anyone.

"I'm willing to call a town meeting to inform everybody of what's happened, but I'll need your help. I'd like you to convince the rest of the town council of their fates, so that I'll have their support. The council leader is Arbella Tharmethion, one of Roslar's Coffer's most influential residents. And... I'd like you to broach the issue quietly and carefully to the town's children. I've never been good with kids myself, and I'm terrified that telling them that they are dead might warp their young souls."


HP:16 | AC:16 ; T:14 ; FF:12 ; CMD:16 | Fort:+3 ; Ref:+6 ; Will:+4 | Init:+4 ; PER:+7

Rajuna nods, relieved. "Of course, ma'am. We are here to help the townsfolk understand what happened. As you rightly pointed out, we're..." he includes Coral in his explanation, "strangers. I'll round up the others. As locals, their words will carry more weight with the rest of the townsfolk and the council. I've already spoken with several of the children - emphasizing they are spirits and the 'magic' they can do. For them, it's an adventure." He puts a hand on her shoulder. "Again, I'm very sorry."

With Grive organizing the town meeting, Raj gives Coral a let's go tilt of the head, and heads off to gather his allies. As they walk, he glances as the halfling woman, not hiding his weariness. His voice takes on a decidely more 'folksy' cadence. "I'm Rajuna, if Marya didn't say so. Thanks for not risin' to take her bait. Could've bound me up good."


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 17/19* (2 NL) | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 30' | F +4* R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: *3 Con damage

Coral nods. "I try to know when to keep quiet. Not really sure what is going on here but I will help as best I can. Marya says we're not dead but we are in the Boneyard? That's hard to wrap your head around.
What could have made the whole town die in the night? Was there anybody who was awake during the night and saw something? Wouldn't be an orc attack... more people would have woken up.
Anyway, I'm Coral. I'm a scout. I can tell you my whole story later."

Which she will if there is some time before this town meeting.


HP:16 | AC:16 ; T:14 ; FF:12 ; CMD:16 | Fort:+3 ; Ref:+6 ; Will:+4 | Init:+4 ; PER:+7

"A scout? Good. We'll need your ears at this meetin'." Raj acknowledges Coral's questions with an approving grunt, liking her logic. "I've got a thought or two on the causes but I'm not ready to say just yet. What I've heard so far is no one was awake for whatever kil't us. That smells wrong. We keep our ears open at this meeting, hopefully we'll hear a diff'rent tale - someone who remembers somethin'." The look on his face makes it clear he doesn't have much faith in that result.

As they approach the rest of the team, Rajuna raises a hand to draw their attention, not wishing to disturb the bitter-sweet reunions. "We've got the town's leader seein' the truth. She's gonna call a meeting, but she wants us to convince the Council and some woman named Arbella Tharmethion first. And, I got a request as well. At this meeting, look at the townfolk to see if there's anyone missing."


Channel 2/5, Bolstering Touch 3/6, Seize the Initiative 1/6
Spells Remaining:
Bless, Weapons Against Evil
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Marya wipes her eyes one last time before putting her gauntlets back on, at least partly in order to keep herself from wiping her eyes more. Marya raises an eyebrow at Raj's folksy accent and begins wondering what it is that brings him to put it on. "Well, good to know we are making progress at least. I talked to the people I needed to, so we have two more that understand now, including one of the kids, Konstanze. Also, Coral told me her whole deal, and she seems on the up-and-up to me."

Do those of us that have lived in the town for a while know anything about the councilpeople? If it's knowledge (local), can we make it untrained?

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 33/33 [39/39 Rage] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

Vlad reunites with the others and overhears some of the conversation.

"I have convinced my uncle, as well." His uncle Arun's final words rang through his mind.

I will go and find your father. I will tell him that you have been destined for great things. Vlad, make this right. Make your father proud. We believe in you.

I will--

Seeing the halfling, he says "I'm Vlad. You're--not dead--like us?"


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 17/19* (2 NL) | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 30' | F +4* R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: *3 Con damage

"That's the theory," says Coral. She seems guarded and a bit wary of Vlad.
What is his appearance like at the moment? Since he has a breastplate on, what extent of scarring is visible? Does he display a symbol of Iomedae?

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 33/33 [39/39 Rage] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

Though I'm wearing armor for obvious game mechanics reasons, I picture myself wearing as little armor as possible (perhaps only elements of the armor, but enough to count as wearing it). I do have a shoulder guard with a lion that was my father's, and do have a holy symbol of Iomedae around my neck. That said, I'd like to have plenty of scarred flesh showing to make you wary. :)


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 17/19* (2 NL) | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 30' | F +4* R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: *3 Con damage

Coral knows when to keep her mouth shut. For now, she will just observe the creepy Iomedaean who looks like a Kuthonite.
We have some very diverse views on the Inheritor, for a party of mostly Iomedaeans...


Channel 2/5, Bolstering Touch 3/6, Seize the Initiative 1/6
Spells Remaining:
Bless, Weapons Against Evil
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3
Coral of Lastwall wrote:

Coral knows when to keep her mouth shut. For now, she will just observe the creepy Iomedaean who looks like a Kuthonite.

We have some very diverse views on the Inheritor, for a party of mostly Iomedaeans...

I know! Our GM did a good job picking such a group. I like that it gives many of us a shared point of interaction that we can bicker about. It also creates more verisimilitude than if everyone had the same opinions and interpretations. In real life, if I were to get four people of the same religion of diverse backgrounds (gender, education, geography, etc), they will likely all have significantly different interpretations, so it’s nice to see it the same way here


M Human Paladin of Sarenrae 1/Oracle of Life 2 | HP 27/27 | AC 19/13/16 | F +4, R +3, W +5 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | Scimitar +2 (1d6) | Longbow +5 (1d8) | Init -1 | Perception -1 (Deaf)

With obvious reluctance, Damian gently rouses Norri and gets to his feet. His hand rests on the halfling's shoulder; they have precious few moments left together and he wants to make the most of each of them.

He nods at Rajuna. "I know Arabella. I will talk to her."

As he turns, he notices Coral for the first time. "Ah, hello...? I don't think I've seen you in town before. My name is Damian, this is Norreth. I'm deaf, but I can read lips, so please speak where I can see you."


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 17/19* (2 NL) | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 30' | F +4* R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: *3 Con damage

Coral nods at the human, and speaks slowly, looking him in the eye and taking care not to mumble.
"I am Coral. I came to Roslar's Coffer seeking answers about returning a friend back to life from undeath. Now I seem to be finding the answers in a way that I had not expected.
I serve the Inheritor. Despite her flaws and errors. Despite her, uh, less than enthusiastic regard for the scouting skills that I have. She is still an example that inspires many to the path of righteousness and defending the innocent."

She can tell that Norreth is dead?
"Norreth... I am sorry that your time on Golarion has ended. May the paths you walk in the worlds ahead be full of wonder."


M Human Paladin of Sarenrae 1/Oracle of Life 2 | HP 27/27 | AC 19/13/16 | F +4, R +3, W +5 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | Scimitar +2 (1d6) | Longbow +5 (1d8) | Init -1 | Perception -1 (Deaf)

Damian gives Coral an encouraging smile as the halfling begins to speak, a smile which becomes slightly fixed and frozen in place as she keeps speaking. Viewing a deity as less than a perfect embodiment of a concept, or a set of concepts, is not what he is used to hearing from people. Moreso, choosing to still serve such a deity, despite a conviction of imperfection on the part of said deity...

The next sentence doesn't register for him as he considers the staggering implications while staring through Coral. If we don't hold the gods to standards of perfection, then what measure do we have for ourselves? And what does that mean for those mortals who dedicate themselves to divine service? He had left Sarenrae's service because he thought himself unworthy of Her; he had never considered the perspective of Her being unworthy of his service. Not that he would! Sarenrae was kind, and merciful, and, and...

"Norri...? Do you- did you-, um. Did you ever doubt The Dawnflower?"


Channel 2/5, Bolstering Touch 3/6, Seize the Initiative 1/6
Spells Remaining:
Bless, Weapons Against Evil
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Marya listens thoughtfully as Coral talks about the Inheritor. "I've never heard that the Inheritor dislikes scouting. Granted, I know the type of Iomedaeans that think that way. The Reclamation drew a lot of those people, usually second children from noble families that wanted glory and never had to work for a thing in their lives. Luckily, that type wasn't in charge, so we definitely had scouts." Marya shrugs and adjusts the straps on her gauntlets. "The way I think about it, Iomedae Herself is very fond of Milani--a Goddess who certainly isn't afraid of stealth and subversive activity in the name of good. Hells, Iomedae even thinks of Her as a sister! And as someone trying to be a good Iomedaean, I'm supposed to emulate Iomedae. Anyone acting so rigid that they couldn't follow Her example is missing the mark."


female human sorceress 3 | HP 15/15; THP 0/0; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +1, R +3, W +3 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Per +3 Spells: 1st 3/6

Feena burst into the broken sobs of a lost child at Gregory's words. She always loved him and he was her whole world and now he was really gone. She managed to choke out, "Goodbye Gre..." she stopped a moment and then looked up at his spirit through her teary eyes, "Goodbye, Papa." After that she was lost in wracking sobs for some time.


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 17/19* (2 NL) | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 30' | F +4* R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: *3 Con damage

"Well, it's just like I said Marya. Less than enthusiastic support. Not outright disapproval. Scouting and stealth weren't Her strengths as a mortal and so they aren't really prominent in The Acts or in the other teachings I've heard. But I expect that, as a Goddess of Tactics, She understands that not all battles are won by a head-on heavy cavalry charge - though I have to admit that is a most impressive sight. I've been to Vigil and seen them at drills. She also is a Goddess of Glory, and as you say that draws a certain type. That's not me, but I don't begrudge those their style - as long as they appreciate what I can contribute."

"What can I do to help now?"

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 33/33 [39/39 Rage] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

Vlad looks around. "I am glad that so many of us follow the Inheritor--truly we were destined to do great things together. But perhaps now is not the time for doctrinal discussions. Let these thoughts distill upon our souls, and perhaps in time we will achieve true Ascension. But for now, we must deal with these restless spirits and send them on their path."


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Norri shakes his head at Damian. "Of course not. Despite what other may think, I believe that she does not make mistakes. What paths others choose to take may be perceived as mistakes from the uninformed, but the Gods know more than our mortal minds can comprehend."

With a smile he pats Damian's arm and gives him a hug. Pulling back far enough so Damian can see him speak he says "It would appear you have work to do. I will do my part, where I can. Goodbye for now Damian. Do take care to not die again so soon please." he finishes with a chuckle.

* * *

Gregory squeezes as tight as he can, longer than a normal embrace should last. He whispers "I don't want to let you go Feena, but I know that I must. Setting you on your path was the best thing I accomplished in life I would think. I'm so proud of you."

* * *

When you're ready to move on as suggested, here is the encounter with Arbella. Feel free to continue RP as you see fit!

You find Arbella Tharmethion lingering in a hedge thicket with several other members of the council. They are listening to a ranting ghostly man who bears a strong resemblance to Arbella, albeit with a short beard and a broken nose. You recognize this man as one of Ervin Roslar's companions--he was featured on the mural in the crypt's second level.

"Do not be taken in by this nefarious trickery!" the phantom cries. "I, Garrid Tharmethion, have come from beyond the grave to guide you through this ordeal. Though it may seem you are dead, you are not! This is not your time. Greater heroics await you once this situation is resolved!"

Knowledge (planes) DC 12:
Garrid appears to be an unfettered phantom. Phantoms are escaped souls of humanoid creatures in desperate search of a psychically attuned being with whom to merge—such a merger creates a spiritualist. Every phantom harbors a strong emotion that tears it from the normal path of souls seeking final judgment and reward. Until an unfettered phantom finds a refuge, it is a frantic and shifting thing, a desperate creature of raw emotion and need.

Phantoms are ectoplasmic outsiders that resist all but slashing weapons and are immune to mind-affecting effects.


Channel 2/5, Bolstering Touch 3/6, Seize the Initiative 1/6
Spells Remaining:
Bless, Weapons Against Evil
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Knowledge (planes): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

The ranting ghostly man doesn't ring any bells to Marya, her mind to distracted by trying to place where she had seen this man before, finally connecting him to the mural.

"I resent the implication that I am capable of nefarious trickery. Even though I believe you are wrong, Sir Tharmethion, I do not believe you capable of nefarious trickery. What exactly do you believe? What is this 'situation?'"


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 17/19* (2 NL) | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 30' | F +4* R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: *3 Con damage

Salcas told me a little bit about ghosts and specters and wraiths... this doesn't seem like any of those things. But maybe?

Coral keeps quiet.


M Human Paladin of Sarenrae 1/Oracle of Life 2 | HP 27/27 | AC 19/13/16 | F +4, R +3, W +5 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | Scimitar +2 (1d6) | Longbow +5 (1d8) | Init -1 | Perception -1 (Deaf)

Knowledge planes: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 So close!

There was something off about this Garrid Tharmenion, but Damian couldn't quite put his finger on it. His claim directly contradicted what the psychopomps had told them, so that couldn't be right, but he feels so lost and confused at this point that he doesn't argue.

He approaches Arbella and cautiously touches her shoulder. "'Bella, do you know this person? One of your ancestors? I wish I knew why he is saying these things."

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 33/33 [39/39 Rage] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

Vlad's eyes narrow at the ghostly man.

He is undoing all we've worked for!

"The only trickery here is whatever killed everyone--we will hold to account whoever is responsible. But it seems beyond dispute--Roslar's Coffer and everyone in it have been wiped off the map," Vlad says.


female human sorceress 3 | HP 15/15; THP 0/0; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +1, R +3, W +3 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Per +3 Spells: 1st 3/6

Feena felt Gregory's arms wrapped around her, giving her what comfort he could, and though she still sobbed said, "Thank you Papa, as long as I live so too will you in my heart." While she still sat there and cried she it wasn't as broken as it was before and she seemed to be calming down.

Safe to say I will likely leave Feena at this spot for now since I'll be gone this week. You'll have to come collect her when you are ready to push on if I am not back yet.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Coral - I added your token to the map, let me know if everything looks correct now.

Arabella nods to Damain "Yes, this is Garrid Tharmethion, one of my ancestors."

Garrid's visage twists into a mask of rage at Vlad's words. "LIAR!" he screams.

Turning back to Arabella he asks "Who are you going to listen to, Arbella? Your honored ancestor, who fought alongside the great hero, Ervin Roslar, or this scar covered invalid!?!" He points at all of you in turn. "I challenge you all to a fight! The winner shall be proven correct!"

Going to say that Feena was over with Gregory still and not in this fight. If she returns while we're still going she can jump in that round.

R1: Rajuna, Garrid, Coral, Vlad, Marya, Damian

GM:

Damian: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1
Feena: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Marya: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (2) + 0 = 2
Rajuna: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Rajuna: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Coral: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Vlad: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Garrid: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16


HP:16 | AC:16 ; T:14 ; FF:12 ; CMD:16 | Fort:+3 ; Ref:+6 ; Will:+4 | Init:+4 ; PER:+7

~ Round 1 ~

That went wrong quick... Ruefully, Raj closes on the spectre, reluctantly drawing his dagger. "We don't want to fight. We want even less to fight a man who was a hero... but this is Pharasma's domain, not the livin' world. Look at that moon. Look at the ghostly people. You need to see that and move on to your reward, just as the good folks of Roslar's Coffer do. Please stop, you ain't helpin' your family here."

Raj steadfastly refuses to strike until the spectre launches its own attack.

MOVE: Move & Draw Weapon (on map)
READY: Slash if/when Garrid moves to attack

BOOM:
READY: Fang S/P (crit: 19+/2x)
MODS: Cold Iron, sneak damage
HIT: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
DAM: 1d6 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 1 + (3) = 6

Status:
HP: 15 / 16
AC:16, T:14, FF:12

Inspired (1):
Blessing (3):

Spells:
> Bless
> Shield of Faith


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

An angry Garrid does not hesitate to attack Rajuna. As soon this becomes evident, Rajuna lashes out at the ancestor but misses. Garrid responds with two quick attacks of his own with his fists. The first misses, but the second one connect with the right side of Rajuna's head. Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

R1: Coral, Vlad, Marya, Damian R2: Rajuna, Garrid

GM:

Attack Rajuna: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Attack Rajuna: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 17/19* (2 NL) | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 30' | F +4* R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: *3 Con damage

Coral moves around Garrid, drawing her sword.
Double move to set somebody else up with a flank.


Channel 2/5, Bolstering Touch 3/6, Seize the Initiative 1/6
Spells Remaining:
Bless, Weapons Against Evil
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Marya sighs as she steps back to give Damian a clearer shot, then begins her sword dance.

Ful round action to use Iomedae's Inspiring Sword. Everyone gets a +2 sacred bonus on attack rolls, saving throws, and skill checks until her next turn

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 33/33 [39/39 Rage] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

Vlad sneers at the delusional spirit.

"I am Iomedae's champion! You will see!" he says, rushing toward the creature and bringing his flail down with all his might.

Heavy Flail (power attack, inspiring sword, flank): 1d20 + 5 + 2 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 5 + 2 - 1 + 2 = 271d10 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 3 = 13

CRIT?: 1d20 + 5 + 2 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 5 + 2 - 1 + 2 = 251d10 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 3 = 12

Welcome back, Shadowlord! Glad to see you are improving, even if slowly!


M Human Paladin of Sarenrae 1/Oracle of Life 2 | HP 27/27 | AC 19/13/16 | F +4, R +3, W +5 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | Scimitar +2 (1d6) | Longbow +5 (1d8) | Init -1 | Perception -1 (Deaf)

Damian feels divine power suffuse him as the confrontation takes shape. He cannot bring himself to strike an ancestor of Arabella's, but this apparition might be corrupted. One way to prove that...

"Dawnflower, guide me!"

A wash of healing energy bursts forth, although Damian is careful to not include any of the former denizens of Roslar's Coffer in it - that is, except for Garrid.

Channel positive energy to harm undead, DC 13 Will save to half the damage. 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3.


HP:16 | AC:16 ; T:14 ; FF:12 ; CMD:16 | Fort:+3 ; Ref:+6 ; Will:+4 | Init:+4 ; PER:+7

~ Round 2 ~

Rajuna looses a second blade and attacks the spectre with both weapons.

SWIFT: 2nd Blade
FULL: Slashies

BOOM:
FULL: Fang S/P (crit: 19+/2x)
MODS: Cold Iron, Inspiring Sword
HIT #1: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 4 + 2 = 15
DAM #1: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 CI

HIT #2: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 2 = 13
DAM #2: 1d6 ⇒ 3 Not CI

Status:
HP: 10 / 16
AC:16, T:14, FF:12

Inspired (1):
Blessing (3):

Spells:
> Bless
> Shield of Faith

Spell Effects:


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Will: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Damian's attack seems to do full damage to it however, growling in annoyance from the attack.

Once more both of Rajuna's attacks seem to miss the creature, the first one just barely so.

Vlad's powerful attack with his heavy flail critically strikes the long-dead ancestor. Though the attack is executed with practiced precision, the creature doesn't appear to be as damaged as you would expect from that attack. It has DR. After being struck, the enemy stares at Vla'd armor, hesitating for a moment before raising his weapon against him this time.

The creature swings at Vlad twice, but both attempts are poorly timed and executed and Vlad has no problem dodging them. He quickly takes a step backwards away from the group into the more open area.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 5 - 2 = 6
Attack: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 5 - 2 = 7

R2: Coral, Vlad, Marya, Damian R3: Rajuna, Garrid


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 17/19* (2 NL) | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 30' | F +4* R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: *3 Con damage

Coral silently takes a 5' step and readies to attack when an ally is flanking with her.

Readied Attack:
Rapier, Inspiring Sword, Flank: 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 5 + 2 + 2 = 26
Damage, SA: 1d4 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 1 + (4) = 9


Channel 2/5, Bolstering Touch 3/6, Seize the Initiative 1/6
Spells Remaining:
Bless, Weapons Against Evil
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Marya maintains her sword dance, her eyes briefly popping at the sight of Vlad's massive attack.

Second verse same as the first. Full round action to use Iomedae's Inspiring Sword. Everyone gets a +2 sacred bonus on attack rolls, saving throws, and skill checks until her next turn


M Human Paladin of Sarenrae 1/Oracle of Life 2 | HP 27/27 | AC 19/13/16 | F +4, R +3, W +5 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | Scimitar +2 (1d6) | Longbow +5 (1d8) | Init -1 | Perception -1 (Deaf)

Tears in his eyes, Damian shouts. "These people are dead, and so are you! Do not make this harder for them! Let them move on if your soul is righteous!"

If not... this might hurt you a whole lot, and tell me all I need to know.

Taking careful aim, Damian directs all his thoughts to revealing Garrid's true nature.

Attack, PBS, Smite Evil, Inspiring Sword, Deadly Aim, shooting in melee: 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 3 + 2 - 1 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 + 1 + 3 + 2 - 1 - 4 = 22
Damage, PBS, Smite Evil, Deadly Aim, automatically bypasses DR: 1d8 + 1 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 2 + 2 = 7

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 33/33 [39/39 Rage] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

Vlad's massive attack leaves him a little off-balance. Pivoting on his heel, he strikes again, but it is not as well-aimed.

Heavy Flail (power attack, flank, inspiring sword): 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 2 + 2 - 1 = 151d10 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 3 = 8

I can't access the map at the moment if someone could please move me.


HP:16 | AC:16 ; T:14 ; FF:12 ; CMD:16 | Fort:+3 ; Ref:+6 ; Will:+4 | Init:+4 ; PER:+7

~ Round 3 ~

Sorry, Vlad, only you and the DM can move your icon.

Rajuna closes again on the spectre. "Surrender and this trial by combat can end. You are in Pharasma's domain - see it." His blades slice at the creature's belly.

FREE: 5' move (on map)
FULL: Slashies

BOOM:
FULL: Fang S/P (crit: 19+/2x)
MODS: Cold Iron, Inspiring Sword
HIT #1: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 4 + 2 = 19
DAM #1: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 CI

HIT #2: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 2 = 22
DAM #2: 1d6 ⇒ 3 Not CI

Status:
HP: 10 / 16
AC:16, T:14, FF:12

Inspired (1):
Blessing (3):

Spells:
> Bless
> Shield of Faith

Spell Effects:


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

I have no problem granting all of you control to move each others tokens, but unfortunately vision is granted through control. By granting everyone control of all tokens you inherently assume a collective vision from all of them which partially defeats dynamic lighting. Hopefully they'll separate that at some point. I moved your token Vlad.

Damian's words only seem to cause the phantom frustration as it growls in response to his statement. The paladin lands his shot and does full damage to the Garrid who screams in pain and then glares menacingly at his attacker.

Vlad moves southwest to flank with Coral who thrusts her rapier into the phantom, but not all of her damage is absorbed similar to Vlad's attack.

Both of Rajuna's attacks strike Garrid and both do full damage which seem to attract the hatred of the phantom back to him once more.

"NEVER! I shall set this right!" he screams as he retaliates on Rajuna this time with two powerful swings, with only the second connecting which nearly sends him to the ground
Damage: 1d6 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 4 = 9

Garrid pivots and moves south five more feet out of flanking.

Attack Rajuna, PA: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 6 - 2 = 11
Attack Rajuna, PA: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 6 - 2 = 19

R3: Coral, Vlad, Marya, Damian R4: Rajuna, Garrid


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 17/19* (2 NL) | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 30' | F +4* R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: *3 Con damage

Coral again steps up, looks to Vlad, and readies to strike once he is in position.

Readied Attack:
Rapier, Inspiring Sword, Flank: 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 5 + 2 + 2 = 27
Confirm: 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 5 + 2 + 2 = 18 Attack rolls are 2 less if Marya stops Inspiring Sword.
Damage: 1d4 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 1 + (5) = 7
Crit Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Channel 2/5, Bolstering Touch 3/6, Seize the Initiative 1/6
Spells Remaining:
Bless, Weapons Against Evil
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Marya sees Raj take another big hit and she lets out an exasperated sigh, not at Raj, but rather at the undead Garrid proving to be an annoyingly persistant opponent.

Sac'ing Weapons Against Evil for Cure Light Wounds on Raj

Cure Light Wounds (blessed touch): 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 = 6

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 33/33 [39/39 Rage] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

Vlad sneers at the phantom, a look of exhilaration on his face.

"I will help you find the truth! I feel the light pouring into me--transcendence!" he exclaims as he attacks with his heavy flail.

I'm sort of playing my rage different from the out of control barbarian. Though obviously I'll have the same bonuses and penalties, I'm thinking of Vlad having a moment of extreme clarity.

Heavy Flail (flank, inspiring sword, RAGE!): 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 181d10 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13


HP:16 | AC:16 ; T:14 ; FF:12 ; CMD:16 | Fort:+3 ; Ref:+6 ; Will:+4 | Init:+4 ; PER:+7

~ Round 4 ~

Based on the DM's clues about DR, it looks like slashing weapons beat it.

Raj nods his thanks to Marya and continues to pursue Garrid, resuming the attack.

FREE: 5' move (on map)
FULL: Slashies

BOOM:
FULL: Fang S/P (crit: 19+/2x)
MODS: Cold Iron
HIT #1: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
DAM #1: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 CI

HIT #2: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
DAM #2: 1d6 ⇒ 2 Not CI

Status:
HP: 7 / 16
AC:16, T:14, FF:12

Inspired (1):
Blessing (3):

Spells:
> Bless
> Shield of Faith

Spell Effects:


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Vlad's rage gets the best of him and he doesn't thrust his flail far enough forward to hit the target.

Rajuna moves down to close in and attack, but both of his attacks come up short as well.

Coral waits for the perfect opportunity to strike and lands a hit critical hit against her foe.

Damian lands another excellently placed bolt that deals a substantial amount of damage to the phantom. The damage finally adds up and Garrid is unable to continue. The phantom shrivels then it dissolves into a puddle of wet ectoplasm. Arbella blinks, seemingly confused by everything that just happened. "Did. Did you just melt my ancestor?"

Damian Attack, PBS, Smite Evil, Inspiring Sword, Deadly Aim, shooting in melee: 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 3 + 2 - 1 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 1 + 3 + 2 - 1 - 4 = 21
Damain Damage, PBS, Smite Evil, Deadly Aim, automatically bypasses DR: 1d8 + 1 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 2 + 2 = 10

551 to 600 of 1,277 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM ShadowLord's Tyrant's Grasp - Group 1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.