GM ShadowLord's Tyrant's Grasp - Group 1

Game Master The Rising Phoenix

Roll 20

LOOT!


851 to 900 of 1,403 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>

DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Coral knocks the last tooth fairy soldier from the air, sending it to the ground to join the others. Vlad swings his flail angrily, but his aggression causes him to overdo his swing and he misses. Feena continues to guard her mouth as Marya inspires her other allies.

One of the fairies that is laying on the ground bleeding out suddenly begins to shake violently before exploding in a glittery substance with an extremely foul stench. Vlad, Damian, Feena all need to make DC10 Fort or be sickened for 1d4 ⇒ 2 rounds.

"BE.QUIET!" Prince Upsid roars as has had enough of Vlad's trash talking. He spins away from Damian to face the fighter. First he slams his tooth-capped scepter into Vlad's face followed up by a lunge forward and sinking his own sharp teeth into Vlad's right forearm. 6+7=13 damage + dC14 Fort of be paralyzed for 1d4 ⇒ 3 rounds.

R4: Prince, Marya, Vlad, Coral, Feena, Damian

GM:

Stabilize 1: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 6
Stabilize 2: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (15) - 1 = 14
Stabilize 3: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 8
Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 17/19* | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 30' | F +4* R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: *3 Con damage

Coral can't get into position for a sneak attack, so she just stabs hard at the Prince.
Attack, PA, Inspiring Sword: 1d20 + 5 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 5 - 1 + 2 = 21
Damage: 1d4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 2 = 7


female human sorceress 3 | HP 15/15; THP 0/0; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +2, R +4, W +4 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Per +3 Immolation Aura 1/3rnds | Spells: 1st 1/6

Can't view the map from work. Do I have any enemies adjacent to me and how many, besides the prince, are left?


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

No. The Prince is adjacent to Vlad, Damian and Coral. You are north of Vlad and no one is adjacent to you.


female human sorceress 3 | HP 15/15; THP 0/0; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +2, R +4, W +4 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Per +3 Immolation Aura 1/3rnds | Spells: 1st 1/6

Finding herself in a relatively safe positiong Feena began to gesture and cast. When she finished she pointed her index finger at the prince and a jolt of electricity leapt from her figner at the tooth fairy.
jolt: 1d20 + 3 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 3 + 2 - 4 = 141d3 ⇒ 2


M Human Paladin of Sarenrae 1/Oracle of Life 2 | HP 27/27 | AC 19/13/16 | F +4, R +3, W +5 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | Scimitar +2 (1d6) | Longbow +5 (1d8) | Init -1 | Perception -1 (Deaf)

Fort save, DC 10: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

Damian waves a hand in front of his face, dissipating the stinking glitter. Taking advantage of Uspid's distraction, he takes a step back to put some distance between himself and the fey so-called prince, but hesitates before loosing his arrow. Shooting an enemy in the back seems... wrong, so he clears his throat loudly.

"Hey! Degenerate son! Over here!"

Attack, inspiring sword, PBS, smite, deadly aim: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 1 + 3 - 1 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 2 + 1 + 3 - 1 = 16 Damage, PBS, smite, deadly aim: 1d8 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 1 + 2 = 10


Channel 1/5, Bolstering Touch 3/6, Seize the Initiative 1/6
Spells Remaining:
Bless, Weapons Against Evil
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Don’t forget Marya’s +2, Feena <3

Marya continues on inspiring, moving closer to the fight. She starts to wonder if she’s going to get a cramp. At this rate, with all this activity on her out-of-practice body, she’s going to need to sleep for a week.

+2 sacred bonus on attack rolls, saving throws, and skill checks


female human sorceress 3 | HP 15/15; THP 0/0; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +2, R +4, W +4 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Per +3 Immolation Aura 1/3rnds | Spells: 1st 1/6

Thanks, I added it in to my previous post.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Coral's attack bites into the prince, but his thick skin seems to defer the majority of her damage.

Feena's jolt of electricity flashes past the prince, narrowly missing his body as he swooshes to the side out of the way just in time.

Damian's arrow slams into the prince again, piercing his skin and causing him to wail loudly in pain.

Damian - I moved you back 5'.
Marya - Dont' forget you owe me a fort save.


female human sorceress 3 | HP 15/15; THP 0/0; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +2, R +4, W +4 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Per +3 Immolation Aura 1/3rnds | Spells: 1st 1/6

Feena nearly cursed as her spell missed the speedy little prince but she was determined to make up for it. She chanted and gestured once mere and sent another jolt of electricity lashing out.

jolt: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 3 - 4 = 81d3 ⇒ 2

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 23/33 [29/39 Rage] [DR/1] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

Vlad holds his arms outward, taking the lashing from the fey prince. Blood trickles from his mouth and one of his arms bleeds extensively. The puff of dusk from the exploding enemy does not phase him.

"Gladly do I accept this new trial! Blessed are the worthy!" he exclaims through gritted teeth, almost looking like a smile.

He raises his flail and swings again, his wounds almost seeming to close as he takes the punishment.

fort save (inspiring sword): 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 2 = 12

Heavy Flail (inspiring sword, RAGE!): 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 2 + 2 = 151d10 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

lay on hands: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 1/day lay on hands as swift action


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Vlad - The DC of the fort was 14 to not be paralyzed. Is there something else giving you a bonus to overcome it?

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 23/33 [29/39 Rage] [DR/1] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

Oops--I actually needed to roll TWO fort saves. The first one was against the glitter to avoid being sickened for two rounds, DC 10, which I made. I'll roll again to avoid being paralyzed for three rounds (at least, that's the order I was attacked in).

fort save (inspiring sword): 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 7 + 2 = 22 yay!


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Prince Uspid just stares at Vlad, bewildered by the mans apparent pleasure in pain. "What is wrong with you?!" he screams as he moves up and swings his scepter at the heretic. His attack misses so he lunges in to bite him once more, this time as hard as he can. Vlad can feel the sharpened bone dig into his flesh, sending a wave of blinding pain through his body. 8 damage + DC14 Fort save or be paralyzed for 1d4 ⇒ 1 rounds.

R5: Prince, Marya, Vlad, Coral, Feena, Damian

GM:

Attack Vlad: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Attack Vlad: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Stabilize: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7
Stabilize: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 = 10

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 23/33 [29/39 Rage] [DR/1] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

"Through pain, through agony - I drag myself to the Light!" Vlad exclaims, swinging again despite the pain.

His expression is a mixture of agony and ecstasy.

fort save (inspiring sword, rage): 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 7 + 2 + 2 = 27

Heavy Flail (inspiring sword, RAGE!): 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 2 + 2 = 161d10 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

I'm guessing my last attack missed? You didn't say one way or the other.


M Human Paladin of Sarenrae 1/Oracle of Life 2 | HP 27/27 | AC 19/13/16 | F +4, R +3, W +5 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | Scimitar +2 (1d6) | Longbow +5 (1d8) | Init -1 | Perception -1 (Deaf)

"Leave him alone!" Damian admonishes as he does his best to turn the prince into a pincushion. Delaying until after Marya to get the Inspiring Sword bonus.

Attack, all the trimmings, Deadly Aim: 1d20 + 3 + 2 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 2 + 1 - 2 = 12 Damage, smite, PBS, Deadly Aim: 1d8 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 1 + 2 = 9


female human sorceress 3 | HP 15/15; THP 0/0; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +2, R +4, W +4 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Per +3 Immolation Aura 1/3rnds | Spells: 1st 1/6

Feena saw her spell miss even worse than the last one and straightened her shoulders in resolve. With another flurry of gestures and words another jolt lashed out at the Prince.
jolt: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 3 - 4 = 71d3 ⇒ 3


Channel 1/5, Bolstering Touch 3/6, Seize the Initiative 1/6
Spells Remaining:
Bless, Weapons Against Evil
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Fortitude Save (iis): 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 4 + 2 = 19

What was the fort save for? I’m not seeing where it was called for one from Marya

Marya starts wondering if maybe she should switch to melee combat herself, but guidance to peoples’ attacks and strengthening of their fortitude still seems like the best call.

More inspiring sword! +2 sacred bonus attack rolls, saving throws, and skill checks


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Sorry Marya, I meant Feena! FEENA you owe me a fort save from exploding fairy #2!


female human sorceress 3 | HP 15/15; THP 0/0; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +2, R +4, W +4 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Per +3 Immolation Aura 1/3rnds | Spells: 1st 1/6

Fort: 1d20 ⇒ 2


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Feena's body goes rigid as she tries to shoot the next jolt, freezing up and going completely still as the poison gets into her bloodstream.

Vlad's attack smashes into the prince and does considerable damage even with the thick skin that he has. Though he had good intentions, Damian's shot flies wide and misses.

Coral is up.


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 17/19* | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 30' | F +4* R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: *3 Con damage

Coral has a flank!
"You've lost! Give up and give us passage!"
Attack, flank, inspiring sword, PA: 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (15) + 5 + 2 + 2 - 1 = 23
Damage, SA, PA: 1d4 + 1 + 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 1 + (3, 6) + 2 = 14


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Coral's statement is indeed true, he's lost. Finding superior positioning, she buries her blade into the back of the flying prince and sends him tumbling to the ground, bleeding out.

Out of combat!


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 17/19* | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 30' | F +4* R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: *3 Con damage

Does anybody have Stabilize or am I using my Lay on Hands on him?


Channel 1/5, Bolstering Touch 3/6, Seize the Initiative 1/6
Spells Remaining:
Bless, Weapons Against Evil
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Marya runs over to stanch the bleeding.

Heal to Stabilize: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21

Marya can do it as a move action thanks to her story feat

She rolls back onto her butt then falls back flat on her back. She hasn’t been this exhausted since the Reclamation, and while it feels good to be doing something productive with herself, holy s#~@ she’s going to need to practice more.

”Iomedae’s sculpted ass, I am exhausted.”

Using heal reminded me: Marya can use heal deadly wounds to get people between 2-5 hp back, though it takes an hour per person


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Mary quickly drops to her knees and stabilizes the dying prince, preventing his body from exploding. Unfortunately however, the third tooth fair behind her explodes in a foul smelling pile of glitter, sickening those nearby.

Prince Uspid was holding a wrought-iron scepter with 5 teeth attached to the end of it and a single brass key.


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 17/19* | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 30' | F +4* R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: *3 Con damage

Coral smirks at Marya's remark. "I bet She had days like this. Days that didn't make the Deeds. She was one of us once."

Then she is showered by sickening glitter. "Yuck. Days like this."

Coral brushes it off and takes a few breaths. "Despite my irreverence, She still gives me something of a gift... I can heal wounds a bit. If any of you need Her blessing, I will use it, or else I will bring this Prince to better health once he is bound."

Coral has a 1d6 Lay on Hands to use.

The halfling wipes the blood off her rapier. "Perhaps his mother will be happy to have him back for a good talking-to. Yeah, he wanted us to kill her, but with fairies... I don't think it's the same."

"I know I advocated for pushing on earlier, but I think we can rest now. If this Prince really is in charge of this part of the palace, he's not going to be sending more tooth fairies after us."


M Human Paladin of Sarenrae 1/Oracle of Life 2 | HP 27/27 | AC 19/13/16 | F +4, R +3, W +5 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | Scimitar +2 (1d6) | Longbow +5 (1d8) | Init -1 | Perception -1 (Deaf)

Damian nods in gratitude at Marya as she stops the prince from bleeding out. Aside from the potential advantage he might give them, like the halfling sagely mentioned, the idea of killing just didn't sit right with him. These were sentient beings, as cruel and mischievous as they were.

He feels tired as well. Collecting what arrows are still intact, he groans as he straightens up, one hand on the small of his back. He starts moving towards the door, then pauses. "Coral, would you come with me to check outside? See if this little confrontation has drawn any attention."

Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 6


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 17/19* | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 30' | F +4* R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: *3 Con damage

Coral will go out to look for dangers and listen for trouble.
"Let's make sure we lock, spike, or barricade these doors, and also keep watches."
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

The only creatures that Coral and Damian find outside of the room is Rajuna. He rejoins the group and is eager to barricade himself in an area to find some peace and quiet as well.

Other than that the floor appears to be clear and there are no other dolls, fairies or monarchs in sight.


Channel 1/5, Bolstering Touch 3/6, Seize the Initiative 1/6
Spells Remaining:
Bless, Weapons Against Evil
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Marya closes her eyes and thinks about Coral’s mention of Iomedae. ”A bit of irreverence is healthy, as far as I’m concerned, especially when your God used to be a mere mortal. Shows you haven’t lost track of perspective. Also, I’ve seen more than my share of Her statues and I stand by my statement.”

Marya enjoys the reprieve for a few moments before getting up and stowing her shield. ”I’ve got no preference on watch. I get my spells from Iomedae same time every day, and I’ve done every watch before. I trust our more roguish members know how best to block the door. We should probably also check to make sure there aren’t any hidden passages in here. Some people with throne rooms like having secret ways out and in.”

Marya will take twenty for 23 to search the room for secret entrances

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 23/33 [29/39 Rage] [DR/1] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

Vlad helps the others search the room, and seems to regather some of his strength quickly, despite his wounds. I'll use my Arisen ability to heal 2 hp for my 1/day ability.

"Why are we keeping it alive?" he asks. "Let our enemies fall before us. We offered mercy, but he chose justice."

It has been a long day--

I'm fine to rest here.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Marya finds no secret entrances and feels confident that the room's only point of exit are the doors that they came through.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 17/19* | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 30' | F +4* R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: *3 Con damage

Coral looks at Vlad with some trepidation.
"First, he could be useful. His mother might prefer him alive, and we might need some token of passage. My goal is to return to the land of the living, avenge Roslar's Coffer, and stop that from happening to any other place.
Second, we are in a strange land with unknown laws of justice. I don't what crimes he has committed. Self-defense only extends to neutralizing the threat. It is not a license to execute all those who dare attack you. We did trespass in his home uninvited.
Third, we are in a strange land with unknown laws of reality. I don't know what might happen if we kill a Fey prince. Maybe this whole palace collapses with us in it. Maybe we get trapped in a dream of one of the Eldest forever.
Fourth... I don't like to cause unnecessary death. There has been so much death lately."

Coral is perhaps more willing to use lethal force than Damian, but not so much as Vlad.

"I can take first watch."


Channel 1/5, Bolstering Touch 3/6, Seize the Initiative 1/6
Spells Remaining:
Bless, Weapons Against Evil
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Marya lets out a long sigh. Not this again. ”Like Coral said, we can hand him over to his mother as a peace offering to discipline as she wishes. And I really don’t want to see what happens when a big one like him explodes in an enclosed space.”

Marya taps the side of her head. ”We gotta play things smart.”

Marya nods approvingly at Coral’s watch choice. ”I’ll take last watch. Can put my armor back on and leave it on that way instead of waking up, putting it on, taking it off, going back to sleep, waking up again, putting it on again.”


female human sorceress 3 | HP 15/15; THP 0/0; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +2, R +4, W +4 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Per +3 Immolation Aura 1/3rnds | Spells: 1st 1/6

Feena considered the watch schedule a moment and then said, "I should take either the first or last watch. If I don't sleep for eight straight hours my magic won't return and I'll be worthless in a fight. Sharing the last watch with Marya might be best as I'll have my spells back by then and I probably shouldn't be on a watch alone as I'm much easier to take out than the rest of you should something sneak up on me."


M Human Paladin of Sarenrae 1/Oracle of Life 2 | HP 27/27 | AC 19/13/16 | F +4, R +3, W +5 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | Scimitar +2 (1d6) | Longbow +5 (1d8) | Init -1 | Perception -1 (Deaf)

Damian watches the discussion intently. "It is probably best that I share a watch with someone as well. But if not, I am happy to take the second shift."


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Fast forwarding.

The party takes their time to secure the door to the room, ensuring that no one will be entering through the night. Dragging the prince's desk in front of it further blockades the entrance.

The party is exhausted from the days events, an unbelievable whirlwind of both physical and mental activities that have taken them from their warm beds back at home to this demented tooth fairy fortress on another plane of existence. As you try to find sleep, you do your best to ignore the loose teeth that are piled on the shelves, affixed to the ceiling, and heaped on the floors in strange, spiky patterns.

The first shift passes without incident, then the second. Marya and Feena are awoken for the third shift which also passes quietly. Eventually all of the other party members arise from their slumber with the same sinking feeling, this is actually happening and it is not a dream.

Welcome to a new day! This floor has no other entrances or passages that you have not explored. The only areas you have not checked out here are the doors inside of the courtyard where you fought the tooth faeries the first time. There is one on the left and one on the right.


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 17/19* | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 30' | F +4* R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: *3 Con damage

Coral wakes up. Still with a missing tooth. But the 1 point of ability damage is healed now?

Yep, not a dream. Any of it.

I am assuming that we tied up Prince Uspid as Coral suggested and then he was healed for 1d6 ⇒ 6 by Coral. He'd have regained some more HP overnight?

Once everybody is awake, armored, and prepared with spells, Coral turns to the prisoner. "You awake there, Your Highness? Let's talk."

If he is still unconscious, perhaps somebody with more abundant healing can bring him around.


M Human Paladin of Sarenrae 1/Oracle of Life 2 | HP 27/27 | AC 19/13/16 | F +4, R +3, W +5 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | Scimitar +2 (1d6) | Longbow +5 (1d8) | Init -1 | Perception -1 (Deaf)

Perhaps it was getting woken in the middle of the night, or the strange place where they had bedded down, but Damian has a restless night filled with strange dreams that melt from his memory as soon as he wakes up. While he cannot remember the details of the dreams, or even what they were about, they leave him filled with a mix of feelings: guilt, hope, a longing for something he cannot place, and a warmth in his body that is slow to fade.

In the darkness of the room, he moves slowly, his body stiff from sleeping on the cold hard floor, his mind still foggy. He bumps his elbow into a wall painfully, and wishes there was a little bit of light. The clerics at the monastery had a simple prayer to bring illumination to dark places, did they not? Still half-asleep, he paws around until he finds his bow, muttering: "Bring the light of dawn into this place, Dawnflower, before someone steps on my fingers."

Suddenly, his bow erupts with light, throwing stark shadows against the walls.

"Haha, very funny. Feena, was that you?"

Trying to RP my Oracle level. :)


female human sorceress 3 | HP 15/15; THP 0/0; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +2, R +4, W +4 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Per +3 Immolation Aura 1/3rnds | Spells: 1st 1/6

With the watches decided Feen put out her bedroll and quickly fell into a deep, exhausted, sleep. She didn't really dream that night, not that she could remember at least, and when Damian asked if she had caused the light the only reply he got was the sight of her sleeping soundly across the way.

When it came time for her shift with Marya, Feena rose and did her best to straighten her clothing and hair out. She was a bit aggravated she had forgotten to put a brush in her pack, it would have been really helpful about then, so in lieu of that she cast a spell that caused her hair to smooth out and unsnarl, her clothes became free of any stains, and she smelled slightly better. Feena looked in the direction where Marya was and asked, "Do you want me to do the same for you?" As she awaited an answer Feena took out her spectacles, cast the same spell on them, and then put them on, "Ah, that's better."


Channel 1/5, Bolstering Touch 3/6, Seize the Initiative 1/6
Spells Remaining:
Bless, Weapons Against Evil
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Marya presses her hands together and bows her head. "Damn right I do. Please, clean me up!" Marya stands up and closes her eyes, happily awaiting the feeling of not being covered in a mixture of sweat, grime, and blood. As the magic does its work, Marya feels herself relax. "That's the stuff. Once I was stuck on a patrol for a week without Hilde there, and there was not a single damn person who could use that cantrip. Someone had a ring that she passed around at night so we could get presentable. Hah, have to get one of those rings someday."

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 23/33 [29/39 Rage] [DR/1] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

Vlad awakens with a groan. Like the others, he seems displeased all of this isn't a dream.

"Through trial will I be made strong," he reminds himself. As the others have breakfast, Vlad holds his heavy flail in front of him, and drapes a silver holy symbol of the goddess over the weapon. He bows his head and prays for guidance and protection from the Inhertor. Having completed his daily obedience, he rises to his feet.

Taking his cat-o'-nine tails from his waist, he lashes himself with it at least a half-dozen times, drawing fresh welts and a few thin trails of blood across his back. He grunts in pain a few times, but seems ready to proceed.

"I am ready," he says.

I'll use my 2 hp heal before we rest, plus I get back 2. That would put me at 14 hp, I believe. If there were any channels before we rested, I don't think I'll purposely exclude myself from a channel.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Yes, the prince is back into the positive HP land. One point of CHA damage has healed overnight if you had any!

Bound and gagged, the prince observes the morning routine silently. When Coral finally pulls the gag off he is staring at Vlad in disbelief. "That one needs help. You should have let me kill him off yesterday."

Turning to face Coral he shakes his head. "Look. This is my place and my army of fey will be ready to pick you apart the moment you head back downstairs. It'll go easier for you if you just release me and we can talk about this in a civilized manner."


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 17/19* | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 30' | F +4* R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: *3 Con damage

Coral watches Vlad's ritual. The man is insane.

When the Prince speaks, she replies, "He's, uh... hmmm...
Well, about your army. They're not there any more. They tried to pick us apart and we killed them all. Your dolls too.
You're tied up, and Vlad there wants to kill you. We are going to take you to Mother, and if anything bad should happen to us, Vlad's going to blame you.
So let us know of any traps, tricks, or 'friends' of yours or your Mother's that are in the way.
If I find something that you didn't tell us about? Well..."

Coral lets a more intimidating ally explain the consequences.


M Human Paladin of Sarenrae 1/Oracle of Life 2 | HP 27/27 | AC 19/13/16 | F +4, R +3, W +5 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | Scimitar +2 (1d6) | Longbow +5 (1d8) | Init -1 | Perception -1 (Deaf)

If GM ShadowLord allows me to channel before resting, I can do 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 of healing the previous evening, and I have four channels.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

No problem on the channel before bed if you had it.

Shaking his head, Prince Uspid replies "You have come to my home uninvited and killed everyone except me whom you have taken prisoner. You demand things from me and threaten violence or death if I do not cooperate. This is ridiculous."

The prince sighs. "You are not offering a compelling reason for me to cooperate. If you take me to my mother, she will kill me. So I'm dead either way then, yes? I see no reason to offer anything to you in this scenario since you intend to kill me."


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 17/19* | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 30' | F +4* R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: *3 Con damage

Coral shrugs. "We tried to parley before entering. Got attacked for our troubles." I don't think his servants understood our speech, though...

"I do not intend to kill you. And I do not intend to let Vlad or anyone else kill you unless you lead us into a trap. I swear to Iomedae.
Would your mother really kill you? I mean, you tried to have her killed, but pretty feebly if you ask me. You're still her son. She might punish you, but once she reasserts control of her kingdom, I think she would accept your apology and submission."

Coral wonders if they fey Prince is sincere in his belief that his mother will kill him.
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Anybody else got an idea?

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 23/33 [29/39 Rage] [DR/1] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

I'll go ahead and take another 2 hp back. Thx, Damian.

Vlad's lip curls over his teeth. "My companions saved you from bleeding out--I was against it. Now they are saying if you help us, they will let you live. I am the only one who thinks you already had your chance. You're going to convince them otherwise," the flagellant says.


Channel 1/5, Bolstering Touch 3/6, Seize the Initiative 1/6
Spells Remaining:
Bless, Weapons Against Evil
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Marya shrugs. ”No use wringing our hands over it if he doesn’t want to help when we ask nicely. He’s just going to keep being like this, little would-be royal he is. Let’s just gag him and get moving and we can have a better idea what to do when we meet his mom.”

851 to 900 of 1,403 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM ShadowLord's Tyrant's Grasp - Group 1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.