GM ShadowLord's Tyrant's Grasp - Group 1

Game Master The Rising Phoenix

Roll 20

LOOT!


601 to 650 of 1,273 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>

F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 17/19* (2 NL) | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 30' | F +4* R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: *3 Con damage

"Uh... sorry... but I don't think we did?"
Knowledge (Religion): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
"The real Garrid Tharmethion has gone on to the realm of his patron. This was, uh, I'm not sure, like an echo maybe.."
Coral looks for anybody else who can explain.
Has Feena rolled a Planes check yet? Is she back?


M Human Paladin of Sarenrae 1/Oracle of Life 2 | HP 27/27 | AC 19/13/16 | F +4, R +3, W +5 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | Scimitar +2 (1d6) | Longbow +5 (1d8) | Init -1 | Perception -1 (Deaf)

"I'm sorry, Arbella, but I don't think that was your ancestor. Or if he was... he was corrupted. I felt Sarenrae's blessing course through me, and She helped strike him down."

Damian gives Arbella a sorrowful look as he stretches a hand towards her shoulder, almost but not quite touching her, waiting for a sign from her that it's alright.

Apologies for being absent longer than planned, in a twist of fate a dear friend passed away last week and I was attending the funeral.


Channel 2/5, Bolstering Touch 3/6, Seize the Initiative 1/6
Spells Remaining:
Bless, Weapons Against Evil
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Marya wipes her forehead. "S~#!, we better rest soon. I'm outta healing."

She kneels down on the ground. "What the others said. Normal dead person wouldn't have a body like that. Consider it a firsthand look at what could happen to you if you don't accept your death."


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

The ectoplasm fades away completely after a minute or so, leaving no trace behind. "Yes, it is quite unusual. So we are dead, then? If that is the case, then we shouldn't linger here trying to deny the truth. We will go the mayor at once! The townsfolk must hear it from her." The other council members nod in agreement.

Soon, Mayor Grive calls a meeting in what passes for the town hall: a large clearing surrounded by dead sycamores. With your support and that of the town council, and a brave face from their children, the townsfolk are grimly accepting of the truth. Even stubborn Anfiel is forced to come to terms with his fate.

The people of Roslar's Coffer stir and murmur uncomfortably, but a look of placid acceptance begins to spread. One by one, the figures in the audience begin to exude a warm glow. As her own light slowly brightens, Mayor Grive turns back to speak. "I suppose, at least, there will still be someone on the other side who still remembers us. Just please, promise me that you'll find out what happened to us when you get back, and that you'll go to the capital and tell them what killed the people of Roslar's Coffer." She sighs. "Well... it seems this is goodbye."


HP:16 | AC:16 ; T:14 ; FF:12 ; CMD:16 | Fort:+3 ; Ref:+6 ; Will:+4 | Init:+4 ; PER:+7

At the town meeting Rajuna looks around for the Tian woman, hoping and not hoping to see her one last time.


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 17/19* (2 NL) | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 30' | F +4* R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: *3 Con damage

"I am sorry," says Coral to Mayor Grive. "On my honor as a follower of the Inheritor, I will not only see that you are remembered, but I will find out who did this and bring them to justice."

The diminutive would-be knight is resolute. She clutches and kisses her holy symbol.
I wish I knew what was going on...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Human Paladin of Sarenrae 1/Oracle of Life 2 | HP 27/27 | AC 19/13/16 | F +4, R +3, W +5 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | Scimitar +2 (1d6) | Longbow +5 (1d8) | Init -1 | Perception -1 (Deaf)

Damian seeks out Norri, Suzana, Arbella and a few others for a hurried goodbye.

"I will see you again, my heart. Be well, mother. Take care of the others, 'Bella. All of you, be at peace. We will carry the flame."


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Rajuna looks around but for the life of him can't find the Tian woman.
What that means however, he is is unsure.

Each of you issues your last goodbyes, tearing at your heart as you force yourself to accept the losses of your loved ones.

As Feena rejoins you and you are about to discuss what is next, a large crow with white wing tips lands atop a child’s head and opens its beak. A lyrical voice ushers forth, with a curious, lilting accent. Ah, newcomers, you must be the curiosities I heard tell of. I am Mictena, and I cordially welcome you to the Boneyard and eternity. Do not fret about your unusual condition; I shall be with you shortly to correct this horrible error and help you on your way to the final rest you have earned!"


HP:16 | AC:16 ; T:14 ; FF:12 ; CMD:16 | Fort:+3 ; Ref:+6 ; Will:+4 | Init:+4 ; PER:+7

Raj didn't know much about psychopomps but he understood the insidious nature of bureaucracy and didn't fancy the cheerful (and possibly homicidal) 'help' the new psychopomp was likely to offer. He matches the creature's cheerfulness, "Lovely to meet you, Mictena. We were just speaking with Umble and Thoot - well, mostly Umble - about our condition. I imagine you're busy with helping all these townsfolk, so while you're doing that - and please take your time - we'll just finish our chat with Umble to make sure we're all on the same page." Raj, starts looking around for the other psychopomps and hoping to get away from this one as quickly as possible.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17 If needed
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8


Channel 2/5, Bolstering Touch 3/6, Seize the Initiative 1/6
Spells Remaining:
Bless, Weapons Against Evil
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Marya seeks out a few other friends and acquaintances around town to say goodbyes. She’s satisfied with her goodbye to Heike and Konstanze and doesn’t want to muck it up. Perhaps surprising to some of her new companions, Marya speaks with a few women at the local brothel. She knew them in professional capacities of course: her profession and their’s. The exchanges are relatively light and cordial, considering the circumstances. She rejoins the group a bit more at-ease. Whatever was going on, helping the townspeople move on at least went without a major hitch. She watches Mictena with quiet concern.

”Just to be clear, not all of us are moving on. We already spoke with Umble and Thoot, as Raj here mentioned. What role do you have in this whole process, Mictena, compared to them?”

Diplomacy Aid: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

At the mention of Tumble and Thoot, Mictena interrupts Rajuna. Raising her volume she exclaims "Those two! Oh, I swear to—! Don’t you worry, dears. Once I’ve helped you, I’ll deal with those ladies properly. Getting you upset like this was irresponsible!"

To Marya, Mictena explains "You absolutely are moving on. You've died dears. You must accept your fate and find your peace. Traipsing back and forth would disrupt the entire system. Just relax, find a happy memory, and I will help you shed that fear soon."

The crow continues, "As far what role I play, I oversee all of the psychopomps and ensure everything happens as it should. Don't you fret my little mortal human, I shall assure you are put to rest peacefully."


Channel 2/5, Bolstering Touch 3/6, Seize the Initiative 1/6
Spells Remaining:
Bless, Weapons Against Evil
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Riding her wave of confidence, Marya holds up a hand for Mictena to stop.

"Allow me. As you are in charge of a vast amount of psychopomps, I would not expect you to be invested in unique circumstances of what happened to us. Whether or not we have died in the past tense, we are not currently dead, as evidenced by how we are healed by positive energy and harmed by negative energy. The mechanism(s) by which this occurred are unknown, but the results are incontrovertible. Therefore, we do not belong here, and we would like to make our case in any manners available to us." Marya's voice takes on an academic seriousness, as if she is in the middle of a class debate on a niche thought experiment.

Since she cut Raj off, I'm not sure if that means we didn't actually get to diplomacy to improve the psychopomp's attitude. If that diplo did count, this can be a diplomacy to make a request for Mictena to allow us a chance to prove our case

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23


female human sorceress 3 | HP 15/15; THP 0/0; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +1, R +3, W +3 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Per +3 Spells: 1st 3/6

With Gregory gone Feena continued to cry until the others found her. By that time, given the troubles they had, she was cried out and incapable of more. When they were accosted by another bird, similar to the one they met before, Feena was surprised. It stood to reason that the servitor's of Pharasma were not unique, that many of the same kinds existed, but something seemed...off about this one.

She listened to what the Mictena had to say about their situation and shook her head, "Marya is right, we are not really dead. We've been harmed by negative energy and positive energy still very much heals us. We also have the word of two we know serve the Lady of Graves and they assure us that we are, in fact, alive." She looked sternly at Mictena, "We only have your word that you are their superior so how do we know who to trust?"
Diplomacy assist: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

Feena considered a moment, "If it would help I have a spell I can use that will let me share knowledge with you very quickly, maybe it will help you figure out how we came her and are still alive."


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Mictena inhales and sighs deeply as she tries to let you each have your say but still hold her line. "Little ones. You are here because you are dead. I know it is difficult to accept this fact, but you must. You are in the land of the dead because you have died. It appears that something has gone wrong, but I will be along to fix you up properly and take care of all of this as soon as I'm able. Please don't make this harder on everyone than it has to be."

Considering the matter settled, the crow squawks and begins to fly off. Mictena says as it departs "Just sit right there and I'll take care of everything shortly."


HP:16 | AC:16 ; T:14 ; FF:12 ; CMD:16 | Fort:+3 ; Ref:+6 ; Will:+4 | Init:+4 ; PER:+7

As soon as the bird flies off, Raj says. "We need to find Umble and get out of here, now. That bastard means to kill us to right the ledger. I'm not stickin' around for that."

He heads off at a jog, calling for Umble.

Any other rolls I need to make to find him?

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13


female human sorceress 3 | HP 15/15; THP 0/0; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +1, R +3, W +3 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Per +3 Spells: 1st 3/6

Feena stares in dumbfounded shock at the way the bird is ignoring everything they say and snapped back, "In other words you refuse to listen to what we have said and any evidence that we possess and have your mind made up about the whole situation with no proof to back you up despite two contradictory opinions from beings in your own hierarchy."

Feena didn't think it would help but she continued anyway, "I don't believe you can be trusted to judge fairly what is truly going on here, and I will admit we probably can't either, regardless either way what has happened is a serious problem. I would suggest speaking with your superior on this issue, don't make rash decisions that could cause every problems later on. Us being murdered at your hands would be the least of your problems if you are wrong."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

With the bird gone Feena nodded at rajuna's suggestion. "Yes," she said, "I don't think we should wait for Mictina to return as I'm pretty sure that it's much more dangerous than the bird that was speaking for it."


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 17/19* (2 NL) | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 30' | F +4* R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: *3 Con damage

"Yep. I know a threat when I hear one, even if they are being polite about it."
She hurries after Rajuna.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

It takes about thirty minutes or so of looking, but eventually you find Umble and Thoot on your way back towards Roslar's Tomb. Umble greets you and asks first "Hello mostly dead ones! How goes the negotiationeries with your former acquaintances? Have you gotten them to accept the most seriousnessous of their situation?"

Thoot stands their quietly, watching.


HP:16 | AC:16 ; T:14 ; FF:12 ; CMD:16 | Fort:+3 ; Ref:+6 ; Will:+4 | Init:+4 ; PER:+7

"They have accepted the truth so you'll look good for your chiefs... Now, you need to keep your part of the bargain and get us on the road home as fast as you can. One of your people named Mectina has decided making us fully dead would be the best solution to our situation. We want to avoid that."


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Thoot looks around at the mention of Mictena. Umble stammers "Ah... oh... is she here already? How distressing. Mictena is, in vulgar terms, our superiorness. She’s quite the potent psychopomp, and this corner of the Boneyard is within her jurisdiction. I would recommend that, like us, you avoid attracting her attentions at all costs."

“Well then, I suppose we best get you on your way. The ritual is quite simple, but I must ask you not to pay too close attention, as we’re not technically empowered to perform this bit of extrajurisdictational transposition."

"Like most things involving psychopomps, the Dead Roads rely on a complex bureaucracy. They’re maintained by Barzahk the Passage to allow us to come and go, but creatures of... of non-psychopompological nature need authorization to prevent abuse. Specially appointed bureaucrats control way stations along the routes, and can offer a stamp on your body to pass freely. Without a stamp of passage, beings tend to, oh... ‘slide off’ the Dead Roads and land back here—hopefully. We never did locate more than a few fingers from that one poor waywardarian Keleshite who found his way in."

"The route to Roslar’s Coffer passes three way stations: the Palace of Teeth, a manor called Nine-Eaves, and Salighara’s Scriptorium. You’ll need to stop at all three to make your pilgrimage back to Lastwall. Each way station master will probably charge for passage. Given your pauparian circumstances, I assume they’ll trade services."

"I hope."


M Human Paladin of Sarenrae 1/Oracle of Life 2 | HP 27/27 | AC 19/13/16 | F +4, R +3, W +5 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | Scimitar +2 (1d6) | Longbow +5 (1d8) | Init -1 | Perception -1 (Deaf)

Damian follows the others in bemusement.

"Ah, so that's what that bird was saying... I was wondering. I have to say, all these non-humanoid creatures speaking is a little inconvenient when they don't have lips for me to read." He looks around, his gaze unfocused.

"So. They claim we are dead, and they want to rectify the "only mostly dead" part." He taps his lips with a finger, frowning. For a fleeting moment, the desire to just give in and join his beloved in death is clear on his features, but then he shakes his head.

"No, can't do. We have to find out what happened, and to avenge our friends. Even if it means inconveniencing Pharasma's bureaucracy."


HP:16 | AC:16 ; T:14 ; FF:12 ; CMD:16 | Fort:+3 ; Ref:+6 ; Will:+4 | Init:+4 ; PER:+7

Raj almost sighs his relief, prepared as he was for Umble and Thoot to not live up to their word. "Thanks for the warning and your help. I hope the powers-that-be above Mictena give you credit for your good work with the folks of Roslar's Coffer."

Ready to go when everyone else is!

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 33/33 [39/39 Rage] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

Vlad is also relieved to be away from this Mictena character and with those who will facilitate their return to home--or what's left of it.

"We needn't linger--if she is your superior, I would hate to be here any longer and risk her coming back. Let's get on with it," Vlad says curtly.


Channel 2/5, Bolstering Touch 3/6, Seize the Initiative 1/6
Spells Remaining:
Bless, Weapons Against Evil
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Marya also lets out a deep sigh. There's always gotta be some further complication. At least Umble and Thoot are on their side.

"Umble and Thoot, you two are true heroes. Thank you for everything. We will follow your instructions as best we can. If we don't all die horribly and manage to unravel this whole mess, maybe you two will be recognized for your wisdom."

Poor Marya is ready to go. She would love to rest at some point and get spells back, but that doesn't seem like it's happening soon :(


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 17/19* (2 NL) | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 30' | F +4* R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: *3 Con damage

"The Palace of Teeth, Nine-Eaves, and Salighara’s Scriptorium. Trading services for passage to get back to whatever is left of Roslar's Coffer. Got it. Which way is the Palace of Teeth?"

Coral paces, fidgeting with her holy symbol.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Umble responds to Marya, unsure how to take her compliment. "We are not often recognized for our oustandingness in wisdom, that would be most fantastical."

Thoot points in a direction in the distance while Umble says "The Palace of Teeth is a small castle constructed by... I say, Thoot, who constructed it? I’ve no idea, actually. Its current occupants are malicious little pixies who collect teeth. Rather pesky. They raid the graves of the Boneyard, so I imagine they’ll accept a few teeth in trade."

Umble then begins to describe directions to Nine-Eaves. "It’s a rather gloom-encrusted manor. An elderly shoki psychopomp named Kishokish serves as the master, ruminating on all manner of confabulations. Reclusive and a bit annoying, he has a fondness for puzzles and games. He’ll almost certainly demand some battle of wits before granting his stamp, as he’s a depressing fellow. Humor him."

Lastly, Umble describes the path to take to Salighara’s Scriptorium. "Salighara is a viduus psychopomp, and not a gregarious one. She likes the privacy the Dead Roads offer and oversees several scribes performing menial copying tasks for the Boneyard bureaucracy. I’ve attended one of her pompatious lectures on a prior encounter, and I don’t need to tell you, they are sanctimonious and redundant in the extreme. How a psychopomp could be so full of herself is quite beyond me! If Salighara wants labor in exchange for her stamp, it will likely be exceedingly dull to perform. You have my apologies in advance!"


HP:16 | AC:16 ; T:14 ; FF:12 ; CMD:16 | Fort:+3 ; Ref:+6 ; Will:+4 | Init:+4 ; PER:+7

Raj commits the details to memory as well their direction of travel. "You all ready to go? I want to be well gone before Mictena comes looking."

Ready to hit the road.


Channel 2/5, Bolstering Touch 3/6, Seize the Initiative 1/6
Spells Remaining:
Bless, Weapons Against Evil
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Marya sighs as she begins running through all the ways that this series of challenges could go horribly wrong. Of course getting out of The Boneyard wouldn't be easy. If it were easy, everyone would do it.

Marya laughs bitterly. "Sounds like we are in luck! I went through higher education, so I am used to dealing with people who are sanctimonious and redundant in the extreme."

Also ready to head out


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Which place would you like to visit first? Umble explains you can do them in any order.


Channel 2/5, Bolstering Touch 3/6, Seize the Initiative 1/6
Spells Remaining:
Bless, Weapons Against Evil
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Marya folds her arms and runs her index finger along her jawline as she weighs the options. "I'd prefer one of the latter two to start. They sound less likely to involve a fight, and I'm almost out of resources."


HP:16 | AC:16 ; T:14 ; FF:12 ; CMD:16 | Fort:+3 ; Ref:+6 ; Will:+4 | Init:+4 ; PER:+7

Raj unconsciously rubs at the divot in his nose. "So, likely a puzzle or a dull task. 'Dull' being a wildcard here. Hmm... I'd opt for the task and hope it isn't too taxing."

I vote Scriptorium - for no particular reason.


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 17/19* (2 NL) | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 30' | F +4* R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: *3 Con damage

"Well, we'll be doing all of them, it sounds like. I don't mind the order. I am not the greatest at puzzles, but I'll do what I can. And dull work as a scribe? Doesn't sound too hard."
Fine with the Scriptorium, but I imagine it actually will be challenging in some way...


HP:16 | AC:16 ; T:14 ; FF:12 ; CMD:16 | Fort:+3 ; Ref:+6 ; Will:+4 | Init:+4 ; PER:+7

I imagine they all will. :)


Channel 2/5, Bolstering Touch 3/6, Seize the Initiative 1/6
Spells Remaining:
Bless, Weapons Against Evil
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Me too, but skill checks and social encounters are easier on my poor spell list than combat!

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 33/33 [39/39 Rage] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

Vlad considers their options. "Let us try the other two first, and collect any teeth we find along the way," he suggests.

Another vote for Scriptorium


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Ok I lied about distances, I just found a clarification in the book.

Umble adds "I should clarify. Traveling to the Palace of Teeth from the here takes only about 3 hours, while Nine-Eaves and Salighara’s Scriptorium both require about 8 hours to reach and are about 3 hours from one another."

Still continue to the Scriptorium?


M Human Paladin of Sarenrae 1/Oracle of Life 2 | HP 27/27 | AC 19/13/16 | F +4, R +3, W +5 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | Scimitar +2 (1d6) | Longbow +5 (1d8) | Init -1 | Perception -1 (Deaf)

"Scriptorium? I used to work as a clerk, perhaps that will come in handy?" Damian adds hopefully.

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 33/33 [39/39 Rage] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

Hmmm--not a place I'd like to stay longer than necessary. It sounds like the Palace is much closer, and the other two are close to each other. I'll change my vote to the Palace.


Channel 2/5, Bolstering Touch 3/6, Seize the Initiative 1/6
Spells Remaining:
Bless, Weapons Against Evil
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Yeah, that's probably the right call for a next stop


HP:16 | AC:16 ; T:14 ; FF:12 ; CMD:16 | Fort:+3 ; Ref:+6 ; Will:+4 | Init:+4 ; PER:+7

Palace works... if we've still got that prisoner, maybe his teeth will do. >:)


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

You group picks a destination and sets off on The Dead Roads, taking care to follow Umble's directions precisely. After three hours of walking, you reach what you assume to be the Palace of Teeth.

This tall, narrow castle rises from atop a hill near the road. Constructed of weathered wood and ivory-colored stone, the building is studded with thousands upon thousands of teeth, arranged in neat rows and spirals. The castle’s only windows are high and narrow. A tall gatehouse leads into a courtyard, its floor paved with yellowish bricks and old teeth.

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 33/33 [39/39 Rage] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

Vlad moves to the fore as they near the palace, looking for the best place to enter.

"We should probably just head to the gatehouse. If the occupants are going to demand we find some teeth, maybe Rajuna could sneak off and acquire some from their palace before we go in."


HP:16 | AC:16 ; T:14 ; FF:12 ; CMD:16 | Fort:+3 ; Ref:+6 ; Will:+4 | Init:+4 ; PER:+7

Conscious that faeries were reputed to be clever and stealthy creatures, Rajuna assumes they are already under surveillance. He says neutrally. "Interestin' decorations. Let's see what arrangement we can reach with these folks. I'm inclined to deal fairly if we're dealt with fairly."

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

Let's head in and say hello.


M Human Paladin of Sarenrae 1/Oracle of Life 2 | HP 27/27 | AC 19/13/16 | F +4, R +3, W +5 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | Scimitar +2 (1d6) | Longbow +5 (1d8) | Init -1 | Perception -1 (Deaf)

Damian frowns slightly at Vlad's suggestion.

"They may be able to tell we're, ah, trying to sell their own wares, so to speak. Best to try and deal fairly with them, as Rajuna says."


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 17/19* (2 NL) | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 30' | F +4* R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: *3 Con damage

"I think that is excellent advice in almost all cases, Rajuna. And especially when dealing with faeries."
Coral also takes a look around. Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Coral might be a Rogue, but she is not an old-school Thief.


female human sorceress 3 | HP 15/15; THP 0/0; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +1, R +3, W +3 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Per +3 Spells: 1st 3/6

Feena walked with her companions in silence as they made their way along the dead roads to their first destination. When she saw the edifice of teeth before them she felt more than a little trepidation. "This place looks...pleasant," she said, "I guess we can only speak to the person controlling this and try to arrange payment."


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Sorry for the silence, had a bad couple of days and spent a bunch of time in bed with headaches :(

Rajuna leads the way into the gatehouse. When he is halfway through he stops mid-stride as he notices a pressure plate just ahead. Looking around he notices a bundle of teeth above that is set to fall to the floor, likely a crude alarm! While noisy, it doesn't seem like there's anything more to the trap.

Coral advances and confers with Rajuna on the best way to disable it. With a few minutes of work they are able to disable the pressure plate and secure the passage into the gatehouse.

Beyond, the small courtyard is surrounded by walls 12 feet tall. High above, an arched bridge spans the courtyard from north to south. The courtyard is paved with bricks and teeth in intricate floral arrangements.

An ornate wooden double door studded with whorls and spirals of humanoid teeth stands opposite the gathehouse passage, leading to the north.

A heavy wooden door stands on each side of the passageway in the south wall. The handle of the east door has been removed, leaving a gaping hole. The west door is secured with an elaborate lock, supplemented with an additional lock and handle, apparently from the east door.

As the party enters you take note of five diminutive creatures that shriek and swoop down at you from well hidden spots. These gaunt fairies have tattered ears, black eyes, and a huge mouth filled with mismatched teeth. They each carry an oversized pair of pliers.

Knowledge Nature DC11:
These creatures are tooth faeries.

Tooth fairies are fey created when a willful child’s tooth (or, rarely, a whole child) is buried in a place with strong connections to the mysterious realm of the fey. Wicked and capricious, tooth fairies delight in spreading fear and pain, and have a perverse need to steal the teeth of humanoid creatures.

Each night, gangs of tooth fairies stalk humanoid settlements, using their magic to confuse and distract their victims, and reveling in the looks of horror on their victims’ faces as the fey suddenly appear out of the darkness with their dirty, bloody pliers. The fairies then lull their targets to sleep and get to work at claiming their prizes. Some cautious fairies bite their targets to paralyze them and ensure the victims can’t wriggle away from the fairy’s grasping pliers; others enjoy the sounds of creatures awakening to their own screams as the fairy torments them with harsh pinches and painful tugs on fingers, teeth, or eyelids.

Tooth fairies use stolen teeth either to replace their own lost teeth (if the stolen teeth are small) or to decorate their dwellings, which usually lie inside abandoned buildings or knotholes in trees. Used as stools, carved into minuscule sculptures, or worn as crowns, the prized teeth serves as trophies of their successful raids.

You have a chance to say something before they attack! I will get a map of the area uploaded later today.


M Human Paladin of Sarenrae 1/Oracle of Life 2 | HP 27/27 | AC 19/13/16 | F +4, R +3, W +5 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | Scimitar +2 (1d6) | Longbow +5 (1d8) | Init -1 | Perception -1 (Deaf)

Knowledge nature: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Eyeing the pliers and their wielders warily, Damian gives a close-mouthed smile as he waves in a what he hopes is a friendly and non-threatening manner.

"Ah, hello there! What an interesting abode you have here! We are travelers, and we seek to bargain."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

This place feels very strange to him, a mix of familiarity, attraction and repulsion, and he cannot fathom why.


HP:16 | AC:16 ; T:14 ; FF:12 ; CMD:16 | Fort:+3 ; Ref:+6 ; Will:+4 | Init:+4 ; PER:+7

Due to his lack of social skills and the sight of the pliers, Rajuna keeps his mouth literally and metaphorically shut. He holds his hands out at his sides, showing his friendly intentions. Of course, he's ready he draw weapons in the blink of an eye.

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 33/33 [39/39 Rage] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

Though Vlad hadn't agreed with the tactics the others suggested, preferring instead to make their stay here as brief as possible, he holds of escalating things.

He keeps a casual hold on his weapon.

"We were told you might bargain for teeth."

diplomacy aid: 1d20 ⇒ 13

601 to 650 of 1,273 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM ShadowLord's Tyrant's Grasp - Group 1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.