GM ShadowLord's Tyrant's Grasp - Group 1

Game Master The Rising Phoenix

Roll 20

LOOT!


701 to 750 of 1,051 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>

DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Fenna looks around the room and does not notice any additional threats nearby, but she keeps searching.

Rajuna utilizes his flanking position to bury his mace into the target, shattering several other panes of glass in the process.

The glass angel keeps its attention on Rajuna and slashes him with broken claws of shredded glass. The first slash of colored fist rips through his neck and the second across his chest. Given the three injuries he sustained from the angel, he drops his mace and collapses to the ground as the blood begins to drain from his body. 11 damage in addition to the 9 last round should take him down.

After Rajuna collapses the foe steps southwest.

R2: Angel, Damian, Vlad, Marya, R3: Rajuna, Coral, Feena

GM:

Rajuna attack: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 3 + 2 = 18
Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 1 + (5) = 12
Attack Rajuna: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Attack Rajuna: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


F Halfling Rog2 | HP 15/15 | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 14 | Mv 30' | F +3 R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +8 (+9 traps) | Active: None

"Rajuna!"
Coral steps to flank with Vlad, and attacks the glass angel with her mace.
Attack, Flanking, Inspiring Sword: 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 5 + 2 + 2 = 22
Damage, SA: 1d4 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 1 + (3) = 8

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 1| HP 9/25 [26/29 Rage] | AC 18 [16 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +7; R +2; W +3 | CMB+5; CMD 16 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +5 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +6

Vlad's eyes narrow as Rajuna falls.

"The price to pay is pain!" he says as he lashes out with his flail again.

Heavy Flail (flank, inspiring sword): 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 5 + 2 + 2 = 181d10 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


M Human Paladin of Sarenrae 1/Oracle of Life 1 | HP 20/20 | AC 19/13/16 | F +4, R +3, W +2 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | Scimitar +1 (1d6) | Longbow +4 (1d8) | Init -1 | Perception -1 (Deaf)

Coral and Vlad were doing a good job of smashing the creature to shards, so Damian stops trying to put arrows through it and instead rushes to the peddler's side, trying to stem the flow of blood from his multiple wounds.

He starts with the neck injury, pressing down with his hands and casting about for something to bind the wound with. His fingers slippery with blood, he fails to do much good.

Heal to stabilize, DC 15: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


female human sorceress 2 | HP 10/10; THP 0/0; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +0, R +2, W +3 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Per +2 Spells: 1st 4/5

Feena saw Rajuna fall and knew this was bad. She wasn't sure just how badly off her friends were at this point but she couldn't just leave them to die without her help. She chanted, gesture, and sent a pall of flames from her hands once more to wash over and heal them making sure Rajuna was in the area of the flames.

burning hands: 2d4 ⇒ (1, 2) = 3
Missed before but this effect only heals for half the damage rolled not the full. Rather annoying if you ask me.


HP:16 | AC:16 ; T:14 ; FF:12 ; CMD:16 | Fort:+3 ; Ref:+6 ; Will:+4 | Init:+4 ; PER:+7

Sorry for jumping in late... work has been insane. So, Shadowlord, I only see that I took 6 (not 9 damage) last round... for a total of 17 DAM across the two rounds. If so, then I was definitely out with -1 HP and Feena's flaming heal brings me to 0 and 'groggy'/awake? If I missed some other damage then I'm at -3 but stable.

Status:
HP: 0 / 16
AC:16, T:14, FF:12

Inspired (1):
Blessing (3):

Spells:
> Bless (+1 ATT; +1 Fear Saves)
> Shield of Faith (+2 AC; 1 min)

Spell Effects:


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

It's ok. This summer has been particularly challenging for me! No problem Rajuna. I'm brain damaged and apparently can't add.

Coral's attack knocks out another section of glass, leaving only a little bit left before her.

Vlad's ascension becomes one step closer as his flail shatters the remaining fragments of the stained glass angel, ending the encounter and allowing the party to focus their efforts on getting Rajuna back on his feet.

Out of combat!

With the enemy dispatched and Feena claiming there are no more immediate threats, the party has a moment to catch their breath. The archway to the north remains the next best likely location, the sound of running water can be heard on the other side.

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 1| HP 9/25 [26/29 Rage] | AC 18 [16 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +7; R +2; W +3 | CMB+5; CMD 16 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +5 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +6

Vlad lowers his flail as the enemy is smashed to bits.

"Rajuna--you alright? We will need him at full-strength before we carry on."

North sounds good to me. I'll lead the way when ready, unless Rajuna wants to check it out first.


F Halfling Rog2 | HP 15/15 | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 14 | Mv 30' | F +3 R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +8 (+9 traps) | Active: None

"Yes, let's get him back up." Coral looks concerned for her fellow scout.

Coral will move right behind Vlad - she has Trap Spotter, which Rajuna does not. So she gets an automatic passive check within 10' of a trap rather than having to move slowly and make active checks.


Channel 3/5, Bolstering Touch 6/6, Seize the Initiative 4/6
Spells Remaining:
Bless, Weapons Against Evil
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 17/17| F +4 R +0 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Channel Positive Energy: 1d6 ⇒ 6halved to 3

Marya uses her second to last channel to try get a bit more healing on Raj and anyone else who needs it.

”One more of those left. How everyone holding up?”


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

A wide stair ascends to the north, splitting into two graceful arches leading to a balcony that rings this room. The banisters are all made of elegant wrought iron, with teeth jutting from the ironwork and affixed to the railing. Three hanging lanterns of cut crystal illuminate the room. An elaborate fountain bubbles merrily in the center of the room, spilling water down a series of stylized flowers into a wide basin below. Teeth have been scattered in this fountain, partially obscuring a colorful mosaic in the basin. Two archways open into a room to the south that you just entered from.

Flying around the staircase waiting for you are six tooth fairies with their pliers in their hands. They take note of your entrance into room and one shouts something that sounds like a battle cry and they fly towards you menacingly. "GET THE TEEEEEEEETH!"

The fey are quicker than you and quickly swarm you with their teeth pulling implements. Each of the six fey break up and begin to assault one of the party members individually so that everyone is engaged with a fey of their own.

Vlad, Coral, Rajuna and Marya are able to successfully evade the flying dental nightmares, but Damian and Feena are too slow. Both of them scream in pain as a tooth is ripped free from their upper mouth, a cheering and gloating fey waving the bloody trophy in front of their eyes. Each take 1 NL damage and lose a tooth.

R1: Fey, Rajuna, Vlad, Damian, Marya, Coral, Feena

GM:

Damian: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13
Feena: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Marya: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (12) + 0 = 12
Rajuna: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Coral: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Vlad: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
TF: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

Damian: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Damage: 1d4 - 2 ⇒ (2) - 2 = 0
Feena: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Damage: 1d4 - 2 ⇒ (2) - 2 = 0
Marya: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Damage: 1d4 - 2 ⇒ (3) - 2 = 1
Rajuna: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Damage: 1d4 - 2 ⇒ (4) - 2 = 2
Coral: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Damage: 1d4 - 2 ⇒ (2) - 2 = 0
Vlad: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Damage: 1d4 - 2 ⇒ (3) - 2 = 1

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 1| HP 9/25 [26/29 Rage] | AC 18 [16 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +7; R +2; W +3 | CMB+5; CMD 16 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +5 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +6

"Get your filthy pliers away from my mouth!" Vlad shouts in frustration.

He attacks with so much force he almost topples over, but the small fey easily avoids his blow.

Heavy Flail (power attack): 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (3) + 5 - 1 = 71d10 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 3 = 14


M Human Paladin of Sarenrae 1/Oracle of Life 1 | HP 20/20 | AC 19/13/16 | F +4, R +3, W +2 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | Scimitar +1 (1d6) | Longbow +4 (1d8) | Init -1 | Perception -1 (Deaf)

Damian stumbles back as a tooth is ripped from his mouth, crying out in pain. He really wishes there was a way to reason with these creatures; they had plenty of teeth already, what did they need more? But these were fey, notoriously capricious and fickle, and his companions were in very real danger. No other choice, then.

It is difficult to aim when hemmed in by all sides by the others, and harassed by the flying faeries, but he does his best.

Attack teal, PBS, Deadly aim: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (14) + 5 - 1 = 18 Damage, piercing: 1d8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 2 = 5


female human sorceress 2 | HP 10/10; THP 0/0; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +0, R +2, W +3 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Per +2 Spells: 1st 4/5

Feena cried out in pain as the toothfairy stole one of her teeth again! She was getting really sick of these little bastards and wished she could do something about them but in her current state there was nothing. She had no weapons, wasn't able to really use them if she did, and was out of spells. All she knew was that she wanted her tooth back and she would be damned if the bastard would get to keep it. She reached out quickly and attempted to take her tooth back from the plier's grip before stepping away from the creature as best she could.
steal maneuver to take back my tooth!: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Vlad's swing is easily dodged by the flying fey, swinging wildly over its body.

Damian may be in pain, but he is able to focus enough to injure the tooth thief waving his tooth around. His arrow damages the creature, but its thick skin seems to divert some of the damage it should have taken from the attack.

Meanwhile, Feena desperately swats at the fey in her face in attempt to retrieve her stolen tooth. Her actions are unexpected and met with success as she steals back what was just stolen from her.

Rajuna, Marya and Coral are up.


Channel 3/5, Bolstering Touch 6/6, Seize the Initiative 4/6
Spells Remaining:
Bless, Weapons Against Evil
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 17/17| F +4 R +0 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Marya goes into her usual sword dance, thankful that even if all of her other powers are running low, she can at least rely on that one.

As usual, +2 sacred bonus on attack rolls, saving throws, and skill checks until her next turn


F Halfling Rog2 | HP 15/15 | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 14 | Mv 30' | F +3 R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +8 (+9 traps) | Active: None

Coral 5' steps into a flank and stabs the one that was in her square. She is indeed inspired by Marya's faith, although also motivating is the thought How humiliating would it be to make it to the Boneyard alive and then to fall to these things?
Rapier on Red, Flanking, Inspiring Sword: 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 2 + 2 = 17
Damage: 1d4 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 1 + (4) = 8


HP:16 | AC:16 ; T:14 ; FF:12 ; CMD:16 | Fort:+3 ; Ref:+6 ; Will:+4 | Init:+4 ; PER:+7

~ Earlier ~

Raj gives Marya a thankful nod. Still woozy, he debates what to do. Since a stiff wind would likely knock him down, he chooses staying alive over maintaining his cover. He sighs, "I'm a'right. I got this." From a secret compartment in his clothing he pulls out a holy symbol of Iomedae and mutters a set of spells that heal a fair portion of his wounds.

trading my spells for CLW
Heal: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Heal: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

~ Round 1 ~

Rajuna dodges and slashes at the little pliers-wielding maniac at the same time.

MOVE: Draw Blade
STAND: Slash (Turquoise)

BOOM:
STAND: Fang S/P (crit: 19+/2x)
MODS: Cold Iron, Dance
HIT: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 6 + 2 = 17
DAM: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Status:
HP: 11 / 16
AC:16, T:14, FF:12

Inspired (1):
Blessing (3):

Spells:
> Bless (+1 ATT; +1 Fear Saves) x
> Shield of Faith (+2 AC; 1 min) x

Spell Effects:
none


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

With Marya's inspiration, Coral makes quick work of the tooth thief in front of her, sending it plummeting to the ground. Rajuna is equally effective, able to focus his attention and take down his fey as well.

The fey that Feena successfully stole her tooth back from, sets a determined look in its eye and jabs the pliers into her mouth once more and rips out another tooth (1 NL damage). Vlad and Marya both meet with the same fate as teeth are extracted from each of their mouths. (1 damage).

As the fey take notice that half of their number are now on the ground dying, they take their price and move back away from their victims.

R2: Fey, Rajuna, Vlad, Damian, Marya, Coral, Feena

GM:

Steal Tooth - Feena: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
Damage: 1d4 - 2 ⇒ (2) - 2 = 0
Steal Tooth - Marya: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Damage: 1d4 - 2 ⇒ (3) - 2 = 1
Steal Tooth - Vlad: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Damage: 1d4 - 2 ⇒ (3) - 2 = 1


female human sorceress 2 | HP 10/10; THP 0/0; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +0, R +2, W +3 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Per +2 Spells: 1st 4/5

Feena cried out in pain as yet another tooth was ripped from her mouth and spat a curse at the damned fairy that did it. She lunged forward as they tried to withdraw and tried to take her tooth back again before it could get away.
CMB Steal: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12


M Human Paladin of Sarenrae 1/Oracle of Life 1 | HP 20/20 | AC 19/13/16 | F +4, R +3, W +2 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | Scimitar +1 (1d6) | Longbow +4 (1d8) | Init -1 | Perception -1 (Deaf)

"Drop it, or else!" Damian calls out sternly to the fairy that stole a second tooth from Feena, augmenting his threat with a loosed arrow.

Attack blue, PBS, Deadly Aim, Inspiring Sword: 1d20 + 5 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 5 - 1 + 2 = 15 Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 2 = 6

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 1| HP 9/25 [26/29 Rage] | AC 18 [16 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +7; R +2; W +3 | CMB+5; CMD 16 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +5 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +6

Vlad simply laughs and spits out some blood as the fey takes one of his teeth.

"Another scar for my collection!" he exclaims, striking at the fey again with his flail.

Heavy Flail (inspiring sword): 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 5 + 2 = 161d10 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


HP:16 | AC:16 ; T:14 ; FF:12 ; CMD:16 | Fort:+3 ; Ref:+6 ; Will:+4 | Init:+4 ; PER:+7

~ Round 2 ~

Rajuna bolts around behind the fleeing creature mounting a small set of steps in long strides. He flanks with Vlad of the bloody smile. "Not this time, ya gnat." He stabs the fairy cleanly in the back.

Not sure if the thing I'm standing on counts as high ground.

MOVE: On Map
STAND: Stab (Yellow)

BOOM:
STAND: Fang S/P (crit: 19+/2x)
MODS: Cold Iron, Dance, Flanking, Precision
HIT: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 6 + 2 + 2 = 25
DAM: 1d6 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 1 + (6) = 8

Status:
HP: 11 / 16
AC:16, T:14, FF:12

Inspired (1):
Blessing (3):

Spells:
> Bless (+1 ATT; +1 Fear Saves) x
> Shield of Faith (+2 AC; 1 min) x

Spell Effects:
xxxxx - effects - Rnd x of y


F Halfling Rog2 | HP 15/15 | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 14 | Mv 30' | F +3 R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +8 (+9 traps) | Active: None

Earlier...
Coral looks on curiously as her stealthy comrade pulls out a holy symbol of the Inheritor. A kindred spirit, it seems. I knew I liked him.
---
Coral moves to attack the one that stole a tooth from Marya. Lacking the advantage of a sneak attack, she strikes hard to pierce their fey skin.
No flanking because Damian has only a bow in hand.
Stab Red, Inspiring Sword, PA: 1d20 + 5 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (19) + 5 + 2 - 1 = 25
Confirm?: 1d20 + 5 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (12) + 5 + 2 - 1 = 18

Damage: 1d4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 2 = 4
Crit Damage: 1d4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 2 = 7


Channel 3/5, Bolstering Touch 6/6, Seize the Initiative 4/6
Spells Remaining:
Bless, Weapons Against Evil
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 17/17| F +4 R +0 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Marya reflexively clutches at her jaw where the tooth got ripped out. ”Gods-damned fey bastards....” She pushes through and goes back to her Inspiring Sword.

Same buff as always’ y’all know it by now :)


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Feena is successful once more, stealing her second tooth from the clutches of the thief!

Coral, Rajuna, Vlad and Damian all manage to land their hits on their foe due either to Marya's inspiration or juts being tired of having their mouths prodded and teeth yanked away. In rapid succession the last three fey are all swatted like gnats, eliminating the imminent threat and restoring a temporary quiet.

That is of course, until you realize that Coral hit her fey a little too hard. As the fey falls victim to her strike it explodes in a cloud of sparkling white fairy dust that clings to Vlad, Marya, Damian and herself. This glittery substance has a stench so foul that it sickens all of them as it clings to their face and upper body armor, coating them in the stinky glitter for the next thirty seconds or so. Eventually it passes however, the smell and glitter both fading away.

Out of initiative.

Reiterating room description -
A wide stair ascends to the north, splitting into two graceful arches leading to a balcony that rings this room. The banisters are all made of elegant wrought iron, with teeth jutting from the ironwork and affixed to the railing. Three hanging lanterns of cut crystal illuminate the room. An elaborate fountain bubbles merrily in the center of the room, spilling water down a series of stylized flowers into a wide basin below. Teeth have been scattered in this fountain, partially obscuring a colorful mosaic in the basin. Two archways open into a room to the south.

Spellcraft+Detect Magic:
Each of the three crystal lanterns has a continual flame spell on them that lights the room.

Appraise DC20:
Each of the three crystal lanterns is worth 150 GP


female human sorceress 2 | HP 10/10; THP 0/0; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +0, R +2, W +3 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Per +2 Spells: 1st 4/5

Did I manage to snag my tooth back?


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Oops! Yes, you were. I added a snippet in for that.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

The sound of the water bubbling in the fountain is relaxing and seems to entrance the party with its melodic white noise.

Has a day passed? Two days?

A sense of calm tranquility passes over the party as they snap back to reality.


female human sorceress 2 | HP 10/10; THP 0/0; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +0, R +2, W +3 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Per +2 Spells: 1st 4/5

Feena was pleased to have gotten her second tooth back and looked at her companions. "Let me know before you heal us, I want to get my teeth back in first." She cast a spell and began to look at the room examining it for magical auras. The only thing she detected were the hanging lanterns and she recognized them for what they were.

"I wonder if we could get those down somehow?" Feena gestured towards the lanterns, "They have continual flames cast on them and having a permanent light source could be very useful."


F Halfling Rog2 | HP 15/15 | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 14 | Mv 30' | F +3 R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +8 (+9 traps) | Active: None

Appraise: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
"They look valuable, too. Worth about 450 all together. Assuming we can get to a shop sometime..."

"Feena, are you going to do your fire-healing again? Or Marya, can you call on Iomedae again?"

Coral moves to the fountain and begins brushing teeth away to see the mosaic at the bottom.


Channel 3/5, Bolstering Touch 6/6, Seize the Initiative 4/6
Spells Remaining:
Bless, Weapons Against Evil
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 17/17| F +4 R +0 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Marya takes back her own tooth and holds it in place in her mouth. She briefly muses on how ridiculous she looked holding up her holy symbol to channel with her other hand jammed in her mouth holding a tooth. She waits until all of the toothless are in position, then channels.

Channel Positive Energy: 1d6 ⇒ 4Halved to 2

”Last one for today.”


M Human Paladin of Sarenrae 1/Oracle of Life 1 | HP 20/20 | AC 19/13/16 | F +4, R +3, W +2 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | Scimitar +1 (1d6) | Longbow +4 (1d8) | Init -1 | Perception -1 (Deaf)

It was hard enough speaking intelligibly while deaf, nevermind with your teeth missing, so Damian is glad to have his back and jammed into place as Marya calls on her goddess to heal them. I used to be able to do that, he thinks, sadly. For a while he is lost in thought, remembering his intense discussions with Norri, and the halfling's desire to see Damian come back into the Dawnflower's fold. At the time he had rejected the notion, impossible, he had said, I have betrayed her, I strayed too much - but looking around, this strange place is giving him a new perspective. If this is possible, if they can exist here without being dead, then...

He shakes his head, interrupting his thoughts. No time for such musings now. Best to move on, and think about it once they were clear of the malicious plier-wielding fey. He starts ascending the staircase, keeping an eye out for more threats, one hand trailing the bannister lightly, careful to not snag any "decorative" teeth.

Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

The complete mosaic isn’t initially clear, because hundreds of humanoid teeth are scattered atop it. Using their weapons, Coral encourages the party to clear the teeth away to reveal the mosaic underneath.

When the teeth are cleared away, the mosaic shows several skeletons in formal attire ascending and descending the stairs while chatting merrily. Once the mosaic is cleared, they recognize that the skeletons are skipping certain stair steps in a pattern as they move up and down the stairs.

In the meanwhile, Damian moves up the stairs looking for additional threats.

Damian and anyone going upstairs:
A narrow balcony surrounds the grand staircase and the fountain below. Stairs descend from the east and west and two hallways lead south.

The center of the south wall contains a small stage, raised two feet above the ground. The backdrop of the stage is a grimy city street, with a red-and-white striped pole. The stage contains a doll-sized reclining chair. A doll lies in the chair, its bloody mouth open wide. A second doll stands over the first, clad in a blood-spattered white smock like a barber-dentist, triumphantly holding aloft an extracted tooth.

Strangely enough, their is a sidebar here that talks about anyone who loses a tooth to the fey takes 1 point of charisma damage and takes 1 bleed damage. I'll assess the bleed damage from this point moving forward if it happens again. If anyone doesn't/can't replace a tooth from either fight then they take 1 CHA damage.

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 1| HP 9/25 [26/29 Rage] | AC 18 [16 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +7; R +2; W +3 | CMB+5; CMD 16 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +5 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +6

Wow, that Cha damage is permanent for losing a tooth?

Vlad follows Damian up the stairs. Looking at the strange dolls, he says "What an awful game these creatures play--why they have a role in the divine scheme of things, I know not."


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

If you put the tooth back through magical means within a certain period of time, I'd hand-wave that it eliminates that CHA damage taken. But yeah, pretty harsh. I Paizo says that guess without teeth you can't be charismatic?


F Halfling Rog2 | HP 15/15 | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 14 | Mv 30' | F +3 R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +8 (+9 traps) | Active: None

I assume that it heals over time like regular ability damage even if you don't get your tooth back. Not sure if Coral needs a Lesser Restoration or a Regenerate for her missing tooth.

Coral moves up the stairs, skipping steps as the skeletons in the mosaic do.

On phone so please move me.

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 1| HP 9/25 [26/29 Rage] | AC 18 [16 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +7; R +2; W +3 | CMB+5; CMD 16 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +5 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +6

I can't remember which edition of D&D had this, but Comeliness was a stat reflecting your good looks (or lack thereof). But yeah, a sorcerer who loses a couple of teeth could be maimed for life and can't cast spells as well! Normally Vlad wouldn't care, but I'll put my tooth back in. ;P


F Halfling Rog2 | HP 15/15 | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 14 | Mv 30' | F +3 R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +8 (+9 traps) | Active: None

Ability drain is for life (or until you get a Restoration). Ability damage heals at 1 point per day and doesn't actually lower your score for things like spell access, bonus spells, and feat qualifications. It does impact checks and spell DCs.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

I moved you on the map.

Coral:
Coral skips up the stairs, making her way to the top by following the instructions she saw in the mosaic. Once she reaches the top, she has a surge of confidence that overcomes her.

Coral gains the benefit of Heroism for the next hour.


F Halfling Rog2 | HP 15/15 | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 14 | Mv 30' | F +3 R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +8 (+9 traps) | Active: None

"Hey, uh, I think you all should do what I did! Just a hunch. Go up the stairs like the skeletons in the mosaic did."

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 1| HP 9/25 [26/29 Rage] | AC 18 [16 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +7; R +2; W +3 | CMB+5; CMD 16 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +5 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +6

Vlad nods, unsure what has happened to Coral, but follows her suggestion.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Anyone following Coral's instructions may reveal her spoiler and apply the affect to themselves.


female human sorceress 2 | HP 10/10; THP 0/0; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +0, R +2, W +3 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Per +2 Spells: 1st 4/5

Feena felt the magic wash over her and the teeth seat back in place. She really wanted to avoid that happening to her again as it was painful and she had a bad feeling that losing those teeth might cause her problems while casting spells. She heard what Coral said and decided to do the same skipping the appropriate stairs as she went. When she reached the top she said, "We need to find someplace safe to rest soon, I'm out of magic that can do much harm now and need to rest to replenish it."

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 1| HP 9/25 [26/29 Rage] | AC 18 [16 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +7; R +2; W +3 | CMB+5; CMD 16 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +5 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +6

Vlad nods at Feena. Though he had plenty of energy and had hardly been wounded, he could see his companions had fared worse.

"This place is likely as good as any to rest--perhaps if we complete the ritual again before leaving, it would work again."


F Halfling Rog2 | HP 15/15 | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 14 | Mv 30' | F +3 R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +8 (+9 traps) | Active: None

"I disagree. I do not like the idea of resting in enemy territory at all. These tooth faeries are hostile and if we try to take a nap in their home who knows what evil they will prepare for us? Or if that psychopomp might find us? We should push on, even without Feena's magic."

She moves to Damian, tugs on his sleeve to get his attention, and asks him, "Damian, how are you? Do you need to rest or do you want to keep going?"

And then to Marya (though she does not need to get in Marya's face), "How about you?"

Will go with the party consensus but I really think resting in an enemy stronghold is a very bad idea. Also, on the player/metagame level, this AP's theme is 'survival horror' so I think it is meant to push us a bit in this regard. Especially at low levels to set the tone. Which I am fine with and in fact in favor of.


M Human Paladin of Sarenrae 1/Oracle of Life 1 | HP 20/20 | AC 19/13/16 | F +4, R +3, W +2 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | Scimitar +1 (1d6) | Longbow +4 (1d8) | Init -1 | Perception -1 (Deaf)

Curious, Damian follows Coral's instructions and goes down the stairs and up again, skipping the indicated steps. He prances a little as he does so, imitating fictional high-society people to try and bring a little levity to the situation.

"Why, yes, my dear, you are so right, that gown was simply awful. I don't know what she was thinking, really, I don't." He thrusts his nose in the air and sniffs as he tosses an imaginary mane of hair dramatically.

As Coral tugs on his sleeve, he immediately stops fooling around and grows sober. "I would like to be out of here as soon as possible."


female human sorceress 2 | HP 10/10; THP 0/0; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +0, R +2, W +3 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Per +2 Spells: 1st 4/5

"Oh I never meant rest here, we just need to find someplace soon. If we stayed here we'd wake up toothless." Feena shuddered at that thought. "As for the psychopomp yes we need to stay ahead of her but we can only keep going for so long before we have to rest and if the other places we need to go are as dangerous as this has turned out to be we really will be dead when she finds us." Feena sighed, "Let's just finish up here so we can get away from these flitting fairies."

Oh I agree with you, I've noticed though that sometimes when they write these they do a very poor job of making things playable due to the challenge they make it, look at Book 1 of Skulls and Shackles, playing as written it is almost completely unsurvivable, especially "Deathtrap Island" at the end. By comparison this one is fine. I suspect it intended for you to rest in the village as opposed to pushing on which we didn't.


Channel 3/5, Bolstering Touch 6/6, Seize the Initiative 4/6
Spells Remaining:
Bless, Weapons Against Evil
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 17/17| F +4 R +0 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Marya shakes her head. She really hates being this strapped on resources, and she can’t help but blame herself for not being smarter with the healing magic she’s been endowed with. ”I’d really like to sleep for about four or five days at this rate. I can keep people from bleeding out, but if someone goes unconscious, they’re gonna be getting dragged until we rest. If we are going to keep going much longer, we are going to need to play it smart.


F Halfling Rog2 | HP 15/15 | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 14 | Mv 30' | F +3 R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +8 (+9 traps) | Active: None

"Let's push on. But you are right, we need to be more cautious. We can't keep letting these things get the drop on us. We should open doors, stop to listen, and then go in."

She looks at the gruesome puppet scene, and looks carefully to see if the 'dolls' move or react.
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

Can we reach the crystal lanterns from this balcony? If so, Coral would like to take one with her and go around the balcony to the south, somewhat closer to the dolls. Not right up to them just yet.

701 to 750 of 1,051 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM ShadowLord's Tyrant's Grasp - Group 1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.