GM ShadowLord's Tyrant's Grasp - Group 1

Game Master The Rising Phoenix

Roll 20

LOOT!


1,051 to 1,100 of 1,411 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>

M Human Paladin of Sarenrae 1/Oracle of Life 2 | HP 27/27 | AC 19/13/16 | F +4, R +3, W +5 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | Scimitar +2 (1d6) | Longbow +5 (1d8) | Init -1 | Perception -1 (Deaf)

Damian couldn't hear the request of the fey, but he got the gist of it from his companions' conversation. "Kill the prince? He is helpless!" And if the queen is so heartless as to demand his death, no wonder he rebelled.

He shakes his head in anguish. "I will not go against your decision, but I feel that it is wrong for us to be executioners. Perhaps the queen should do her own dirty work and kill him herself."

Not going to argue too hard against it, but Damian is NOT happy with this.

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 23/33 [29/39 Rage] [DR/1] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

Vlad maintains his footing despite the swaying bridge.

Though he hardly disagrees with his companions, he still dislikes someone ordering him about.

"We will turn the prince over to you--do your own dirty work," he says.

"He tried to kill us but my companions saved him over my objection. If you want him, here he is."

acrobatics: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 9/19* | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 30' | F +4* R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: *3 Con damage

Coral back Vlad up, her sword drawn.
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
"Okay then."


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

The fey calls back, speaking as sternly as a tiny flying fairy can "The Queen was clear. You remove his head from his body and bring it across and we will grant you admittance to see her."

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 23/33 [29/39 Rage] [DR/1] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

Vlad spits. "Let me be just as clear--I'm not a hired killer. He wanted us to kill the Queen, and we told him we would not. If one of my companions wants to do it, I won't stand in the way, but I'm not doing your dirty work."

Vlad takes a menacing step toward the door, intending to bash it in if they continue their threats.

intimidate: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

If Vlad could see the fey, it would be shrugging. From the otherside of the arrow slits he hears the voice reply "Then leave. The Queen will accept you only with the head of her dead son in hand. If you so much as touch that door again then you're going to get really sleepy, lose a few teeth and have a bad fall, big man."


Channel 1/5, Bolstering Touch 3/6, Seize the Initiative 1/6
Spells Remaining:
Bless, Weapons Against Evil
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Marya finds herself simultaneously respecting Vlad more and less. More in that he seems to have at least some standards when it comes to what violence he is willing to do, and less in that he either completely lacks the ability to read the room or is too prideful to care.

Marya lets go of the bridge storms across.

"FINE. I'll do it. I'm not having us all get killed because of your pride. Someone hold the little a~@!&@+."

As she lets the sword rise and fall, all Marya can think is that she will not forgive the Queen and her lackeys for asking this of them. Executing a murderous, treacherous villain at the orders of the lawful authority he sought to assassinate should be a valid choice in Iomedae's eyes at least, but that is small comfort.

Coup de Grace with Cold Iron Longsword: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (6, 8) + 4 = 18


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

The Prince sheds tears as he recognizes what's about to happen. He screams and screams as he thrashes in protest, but it's not enough to sway the opinion of his would be executioner. He desperately tries to talk to Marya in the hopes he can tell her something, say something but in the end it is far too late for that avenue.

Marya raises the sword and brings it down across the neck of Prince Uspid, separating his head from his body. Vlad was holding on to the head so that they would not lose it over the bridge thankfully, now holding a head in one hand and the body in another. Blood and gore drips from both pieces of the Prince who has now fallen silent for the first time all day.

Satisfied that the deed is done, the fey respond "Well done. You may now see the Queen." There are sounds of locks being undone and the door opens slightly revealing four more tooth fairies on the other side, watching you warily.


Channel 1/5, Bolstering Touch 3/6, Seize the Initiative 1/6
Spells Remaining:
Bless, Weapons Against Evil
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Marya creates some water to clean herself off, then sheathes her sword and marches onwards into the tower without saying anything, too angry to speak and not wanting to meet the eyes of any of the fairies, knowing that even a single mocking glance could send her over the edge.

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 23/33 [29/39 Rage] [DR/1] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

Vlad glowers at the situation. He had initially wanted to let the prince-ling bleed out, so he could hardly begrudge Marya for doing the deed.

Still, the fact that these fey thought they could enter into such foul bargains did not sit well with him.

He stalks after Marya, still carrying the cleric's grim trophy.


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 9/19* | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 30' | F +4* R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: *3 Con damage

Coral follows along feeling glum and helpless.
Not our world. Not our rules. Pick our battles.


female human sorceress 3 | HP 15/15; THP 0/0; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +2, R +4, W +4 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Per +3 Immolation Aura 1/3rnds | Spells: 1st 0/6

Well crap! I knew I should have posted for people to wait so I could post. Just wasted a bunch of time for nothing. Oh well, live and learn. Post coming later when I can actually get it done in a timely manner.


M Human Paladin of Sarenrae 1/Oracle of Life 2 | HP 27/27 | AC 19/13/16 | F +4, R +3, W +5 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | Scimitar +2 (1d6) | Longbow +5 (1d8) | Init -1 | Perception -1 (Deaf)

"Oh, Marya." Damian whispers with sorrow as the former crusader separates the prince's head from his body. He wishes with all his heart that this sacrifice would not have been necessary, but he can recognise that they are in dire straits. We have a purpose, he reminds himself as he gingerly steps across the bridge.

Oh, Norri.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

As the group marches slowly across the bridge and into the guard room on the other side, they take note this entry room is similarly structured as the one they just left. Her "honor guard" of fey lead you north into a salon where strips of loose wallpaper in this once-elegant salon are held into place by teeth jammed into the walls like makeshift staples. A folding dressing screen is patterned with lively scenes of a fat tooth fairy blessing subjects with a wooden scepter. A dressmaker’s dummy leans against it, wrapped in tulle and silk. Door leads south and another leads east, which they lead you through.

Finally you enter a lofty hall that has two alcoves to the east, each bearing a standing suit of spiky armor. Several teeth are affixed to the armors’ visors, forming a grin on one armor and a scowl on the other. A large throne stands between them, with mounds of tattered
pillows heaped upon its seat. A door leads out to the west.

Seated on the throne is an immensely fat tooth fairy with a bloated insectile torso and withered limbs. Laying on the floor next to her is an esobok that looks like a pet of hers, her hand gently stroking its ruffles. As you enter the room she looks for the head and smiles upon seeing it in Vlad's hands. She claps three times and says "Well done, well done. My foolish, upstart son thought he could imprison me and take over my subjects and domain. What brings you to me, oh saviors of The Palace of Teeth?"

The four fey honor guard move in front of you, positioning themselves between you and the Queen.


M Human Paladin of Sarenrae 1/Oracle of Life 2 | HP 27/27 | AC 19/13/16 | F +4, R +3, W +5 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | Scimitar +2 (1d6) | Longbow +5 (1d8) | Init -1 | Perception -1 (Deaf)

"Bless your humble servant, Everlight, that we may find our way out of this place and carry out your will," Damian prays as they walk up towards the throne. Cast Enhanced Diplomacy on self.

Stepping until he is level with Vlad, the former paladin starts bending a knee into a curtsey before remembering himself and turning it into a bow. "Your Majesty, thank you for receiving us. We come seeking passage out of this realm, that we may return to where we belong and trouble your subjects no more." He bows again.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 8 + 2 = 15

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 23/33 [29/39 Rage] [DR/1] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

Vlad drops the head and corpse unceremoniously on the floor in front of the queen.

"Indeed. We have done you a favor, and now we ask for one in return. Help us out of this place."

The warrior's tone is less than helpful.

diplo aid: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0


Channel 1/5, Bolstering Touch 3/6, Seize the Initiative 1/6
Spells Remaining:
Bless, Weapons Against Evil
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Marya shrugs at Damian's correcting of a curtsey into a bow. There are men that curtsey and women that bow. You aren't less yourself because you don't follow some arbitrary social ritual. Hells, she's met people who think she's less of a woman because she's not interested in men. People who want to invalidate who you are over petty b@&!@@@# will do so no matter what you do. Her philosophy for gender is to just do what feels natural, find what you want to categorize yourself as (if anything), and f!*& what anyone thinks. She makes a note to talk to Damian about this subject later, as much as she'd prefer to talk about anything other than the situation at-hand right now. She knows better than anyone she tends to go into Theorizing and Discourse Mode as a way of not dealing with the present.

For her part, Marya bows, because curtseys when you aren't in a dress or skirt look f#!#ing weird and are hard to do in armor.

Marya sees how dejected her companions are at the recent debacle, and she finds some comfort in that. At least they were all miserable together. She adds on to Damian's account, giving further details that might endear the queen to them. Adding on to someone else's story felt easier right now. Everything she says is the truth, but presented in the most flattering way to everyone involved (save the prince). "Your ungrateful son gave us the ultimatum that we were either to kill you for him or give up our teeth. When we refused, recognizing the wrongness of a son ordering his Mother's assassination, he attacked us. We thought it best to bring him to you for you to decide what to do with him, as we are merely guests in your realm."

Diplomacy Aid: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

The Queen nods to the words of the group, almost as if she could have predicted them. She motions for those that have bowed, curtsied, or otherwise taken a knee in front of her before speaking. "Well then, it seems I have a debt to repay. It should be noted that if you are trying to obtain my stamp then had you given your teeth, my son had no way to grant you whatever it is you wanted. Ultimately, he would have asked you to kill me just the same. You see, he does not have this."

She reaches on to the floor and opens a box, withdrawing an old set of teeth. Holding it up for you to see, she says "This is what you seek and I shall give my stamp of approval. Approach me and I shall give it to each of you in turn."


Channel 1/5, Bolstering Touch 3/6, Seize the Initiative 1/6
Spells Remaining:
Bless, Weapons Against Evil
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Marya nods to herself. She brings up a good point, one that makes her glad they did not take the prince’s offer. ”Thank you very much.” She removes her gauntlet and approaches, holding out her hand to receive the stamp.


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 9/19* | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 30' | F +4* R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: *3 Con damage

After Marya receives the stamp, Coral will approach and hold out her hand.

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 23/33 [29/39 Rage] [DR/1] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

Reluctantly, Vlad also complies.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

The Queen takes her set of teeth, which are sharpened into rather pointy tips, into her left hand and grabs Marya's arm with her other hand holding her arm down on her throne chair arm. She says "Hold still." as presses them firmly into her skin. She presses harder and harder until each of the tips of the razor sharp teeth pierces her skin, bringing pain and drawing blood in more than a dozen places.

When she's done, she pulls the teeth back and ensures that Marya is successfully stamped before stating "Next!"

The stamp will cause 1 damage.


Channel 1/5, Bolstering Touch 3/6, Seize the Initiative 1/6
Spells Remaining:
Bless, Weapons Against Evil
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

GM said in discord that we can heal it, but to wait at least an hour before doing so. Just assume she asked in-character and she answered I suppose, so that I don’t make GM have to do more work to write what he already wrote :)

”That’s quite a stamp. Thank you.” Marya elevates her hand to slow the bleeding. She really wants to say “thanks, I hate it,” which had more or less been her entire experience of this damn fey castle, but she keeps it to herself.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

The Queen stamps Coral and then Vlad, looking to Damian and Feena as well. Waving them forward, she cleans the blood off in between each stamp.


female human sorceress 3 | HP 15/15; THP 0/0; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +2, R +4, W +4 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Per +3 Immolation Aura 1/3rnds | Spells: 1st 0/6

Feena had been close to breaking the argument of the prince's fate on her own but was relieved of the necessity. Had it been a battle she would have had no issue killing him but cold murder wasn't something she could do.

As they entered the throne room of the Toothfairy Queen Feena looked around nervously. The whole tableau disturbed her and the fat toothfairy on the cushions was very strange. As the discussion commenced she kept quiet until it was time for the stamp. Feena stepped forward and held out her hand for the stamp and braced herself for what looked like a painful experience.


M Human Paladin of Sarenrae 1/Oracle of Life 2 | HP 27/27 | AC 19/13/16 | F +4, R +3, W +5 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | Scimitar +2 (1d6) | Longbow +5 (1d8) | Init -1 | Perception -1 (Deaf)

Damian breathes in relief as the queen agrees to grant them the stamp of passage, and presents himself to receive it. It was good to know that their choice had been the right one in deciding who to side with, and the prince's deception makes him feel slightly less dejected about the murder hanging over them - but only slightly.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

The Queen stamps Feena and finally Damian, granting them the first of the three stamps they need to hopefully return back to their home. There is pain, but it is fleeting and in the grand scheme of things, the least of which they have felt in this terrible place. Without much fanfare, the Queen thanks you again and bids you farewell. As you exit the Palace of Teeth, you hope that you never have to return to this place ever, ever again.

As you return to the Dead Roads, you recall what Umble and Thoot told you of your next destination, Nine-Eaves:

Umble and Thoot wrote:
Elderly shoki psychopomp named Kishokish serves as the master, ruminating on all manner of confabulations. Reclusive and a bit annoying, he has a fondness for puzzles and games. He’ll almost certainly demand some battle of wits before granting his stamp, as he’s a depressing fellow. Humor him.

You walk and walk and walk for what seems like forever. Without a difference in landscape in markers and only swirling mist on the side of the raised roadway, the time seems to droll on forever. After what seems like four or five hours, something different appears on the horizon.

Looming over the road like a wizened old man, this ancient manor of dark, splintery wood rises three stories tall. Several windows and small balconies jut from the manor irregularly, each under a sweeping eave of the building’s sharply pitched roof. A wide doorway stands in the front of the manor, with a greenhouse of grimy glass set against its side. The building exudes an air of gloom and age.


Channel 1/5, Bolstering Touch 3/6, Seize the Initiative 1/6
Spells Remaining:
Bless, Weapons Against Evil
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Marya will use a channel to top everyone off, now that enough time has gone by. Channel (blessed touch): 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3Everyone heals 1, Vlad heals 3

”From what Umble and Thoot said, at least this guy just wants to talk, it sounds like.” She shakes her head and sighs. ”Or maybe his idea of a ‘battle of wits’ involves more battle than wits. I should know better than to expect anything other than trouble of the worst sort after these past couple days.”

As much as it is easy to get lost in the minutiae of getting out of The Boneyard—you know, nothing major—she can’t forget the whole damn reason for this trek in the first place. Something or someone wiped a whole town off the map overnight, and they need to figure out who before they do it again. Whatever weird cosmic b@@~&@&% happened to leave this handful of people alive, it was probably for a reason, and Marya intends to figure it out.

Marya approaches the door and knocks, waiting for an answer. She knows from Seminary that self-absorbed professorial types (as she suspects this Kishokish is) tend to be sticklers for etiquette and decorum—it makes them feel good to know all these rules other people don’t—so she figures it’s worth possibly alerting something dangerous.

That said, if after a minute or so nobody answers, she’ll just go right in.

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 23/33 [29/39 Rage] [DR/1] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

Vlad follows along, not sure what to think of this battle of wits.

Battle, I know, and I will suffer whatever pain may come. But bookish learning is not my strength.

He shifts uncomfortably, not sure what to expect.

He waits for someone to answer the door as he looks around for any sign of movement.

"Let us hope this one requires less of us than the queen did."

perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

No answer comes to Marya's knock, so after a few minutes she tests the door and finds it unlocked. Opening it up, she heads inside to a vestibule.

The weak light thrown by two dim lamps barely illuminates a vestibule with several coatracks, benches, and an iron umbrella stand. The wallpaper is stained with age and decorated with repeating patterns of snails. You enter through a heavy, dark wooden door to the south, while a sliding double door leads to the north.


M Human Paladin of Sarenrae 1/Oracle of Life 2 | HP 27/27 | AC 19/13/16 | F +4, R +3, W +5 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | Scimitar +2 (1d6) | Longbow +5 (1d8) | Init -1 | Perception -1 (Deaf)

Despite being tired from the long journey, Damian cannot help but feel a little excited as they enter the decrepit manor. What an incredible chance to converse with a servant of Pharasma on all manner of subjects - philosophy, metaphysics, the principles that guide life and death...

He looks curiously around as they enter, careful not to disturb anything.

Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (13) - 1 = 12

"Snails. How curious. Is there perhaps a meaning behind it? What could a snail symbolize... patience? Protection?"

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 23/33 [29/39 Rage] [DR/1] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

Vlad enters the foyer and advances to the double doors.

"Seems deserted so far--maybe this is part of the battle of wits."

Looking to Coral, he says "Do you want to check this out before I open it?"

perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 9/19* | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 30' | F +4* R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: *3 Con damage

A battle of wits may mean thinking around corners rather than attacking our problems head-on. Will have to be smarter than in that Palace.

Coral looks at the manor from a distance, then follows the party inside.

"Of course, Vlad. I will try to do better than before."
Coral examines the doors that Vlad indicates.
@GM, feel free to make secret rolls for Coral's Trap Spotter talent. When actively searching, I will normally make a Take 10 check and then a roll if that is acceptable.
Perception, Take 10: 10 + 9 = 19
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15


Channel 1/5, Bolstering Touch 3/6, Seize the Initiative 1/6
Spells Remaining:
Bless, Weapons Against Evil
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Marya smiles at Damian. ”At least in heraldry, you’re more or less right on the mark for snail symbolism. You don’t see them often, but those are the two most common meanings. ‘Deliberation’ is another one, which I suspect might be relevant to the host’s interests.”

Marya stands back from Coral, her silver sword in-hand.

”You’re doing fine, Coral. Finding traps is a tedious, never-ending job—not unlike laundry—and I don’t envy you for taking it up.” Marya takes a glance herself.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

She shrugs and sighs. ”See, I don’t even know where to begin scouting for the little s@$&s.”


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 9/19* | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 30' | F +4* R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: *3 Con damage

"A snail's shell is also a spiral. A sign of Pharasma, I think."


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

The only thing that stand out in this room other than what the party has already noticed is that there is a single large cloak sized for an oddly shaped creature.

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 23/33 [29/39 Rage] [DR/1] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

Vlad looks at the strange cloak, but can't make anything of it.

This whole realm is odd--

Once Coral has checked the double doors, Vlad opens them. He wields his heavy flail again--a weapon of unrepentant punishment.


Channel 1/5, Bolstering Touch 3/6, Seize the Initiative 1/6
Spells Remaining:
Bless, Weapons Against Evil
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

”Aha, good point, Coral.”

Marya rotates her shoulders to loosen them up a bit then continues after Vlad into the next room.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Not finding anything wrong or out of place, Vlad opens the double doors which slide instead of opening and out. Beyond is a massive staircase of dark wood that rises to the north, its maroon carpet pitted with age. The railings are carved to resemble ascending ghosts. The wall atop the stairs bears an enormous, looming portrait 6 feet wide and 9 feet tall. The portrait depicts a bearded older man with curling ram horns, hunched under the weight of a massive snail shell on his back. The figure bears a half grin, as though he knows a particularly delightful secret.

A chandelier of iron and glass hangs down above the stair’s lower landing from the ceiling 20 feet above, its few lit candles flickering weakly. From the lower landing, three different sliding doors lead to the west, south (you entered through), and east. From the upper landing, sliding double doors lead to the east and west—one on each side of the looming portrait.

As the doors slide open, four taut pustules ready to burst, full of slick hairs slide out of the coat on the wall. To make matters worse, four insectoid creature that have two pairs of bat wings, a tangle of thin legs, and a needle-sharp proboscis, fly down fro the chandelier from the room to the north.

R1: Damian, Marya, Coral, Pustules, Insectoids, Vlad, Feena

GM:

Damian: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18
Feena: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Marya: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (13) + 0 = 13
Coral: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Vlad: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Marya reroll: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (11) + 0 = 11
Ooze: 1d20 - 5 ⇒ (15) - 5 = 10
Init: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


Channel 1/5, Bolstering Touch 3/6, Seize the Initiative 1/6
Spells Remaining:
Bless, Weapons Against Evil
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

@GM which knowledge(s) to ID the baddies?

Marya immediately calls upon Iomedae’s Inspiring Sword to strengthen her allies in hopes that they can cleave through whatever these creatures are.

+2 sacred bonus on attack rolls, saving throws, and skill checks until Marya’s next turn


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Arcana and Dungeoneering.


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 9/19* | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 30' | F +4* R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: *3 Con damage

Coral slides closed the double doors to the north, to have only one problem to deal with (move action). She takes a step and stabs at a pustule.
Attack, Inspiring Sword: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 5 + 2 = 16
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
SA if applicable: 1d6 ⇒ 3

If it would be two move action to slide closed the double doors, then that is what she would do instead.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Coral can slide the door closed in one action.

Coral slides the door shut before pivoting and laying into the pustule with her blade. No precision damage.


M Human Paladin of Sarenrae 1/Oracle of Life 2 | HP 27/27 | AC 19/13/16 | F +4, R +3, W +5 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | Scimitar +2 (1d6) | Longbow +5 (1d8) | Init -1 | Perception -1 (Deaf)

It seemed silly to waste arrows on oversized pimples, but the others were between Damian and the... whatever they were. Seeing Coral attack one of them, Damian does the same.

Attack, PBS, Inspiring Sword, Deadly Aim: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 2 = 7 Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 2 = 4


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Damian didn’t want to waste an arrow, but he ends up missing his shot and wasting his arrow as the tiny creature proves more difficult to hit than one would imagine!

The four small ooze-like creatures slink forward 5’ closer to the party, one of them each entering underneath of Marya, Coral, Feena and Vlad Marya and Coral each get an AoO. Amazingly everyone but Feena gets damaged from the oozes. Marya 3 damage, Coral 3 Damage, Vlad 2 damage. All three of you make a DC12 Fort save.

R1: Pustules, Insectoids, Vlad, Feena, R2: Damian, Marya, Coral

GM:

Attack M: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22 Damage: 1d2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Attack C: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21 Damage: 1d2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Attack F: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 Damage: 1d2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Attack V: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22 Damage: 1d2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Attack M: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12 Damage: 1d2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Attack V: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13 Damage: 1d2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Channel 1/5, Bolstering Touch 3/6, Seize the Initiative 1/6
Spells Remaining:
Bless, Weapons Against Evil
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

@Everyone Don’t forget your +2 sacred bonus on saves!

AoO (IIS): 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 4 + 2 = 15
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Marya is using her silver longsword, if it makes any difference

Fortitude Save (IIS): 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 4 + 2 = 18

Marya takes a step back away from the little insect, then goes back to calling upon Iomedae’s Inspiring Sword. ”Focused on the injured ones first! Try to keep a clear for Feena to use her magic!

Another round of +2 sacred bonus to attack rolls, skill checks, and saves

Since I gather the little insects are gonna be keeping after us, I’ll start pre-rolling AoOs to save time

AoO (if needed):

AoO (IIS): 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 4 + 2 = 25
AoO Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 4 + 2 = 18
Crit Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


female human sorceress 3 | HP 15/15; THP 0/0; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +2, R +4, W +4 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Per +3 Immolation Aura 1/3rnds | Spells: 1st 0/6

Feena noticed how the things moved in close and then did something weird and disgusting when attacked and she wasn't going to fall for that. She took the chance to move back about ten feet and began to cast a spell. When she finished a small jolt of electricity lanced out at the pustule that was almost on top of her before she moved away.

Jolt: 1d20 ⇒ 71d3 ⇒ 3

I'm assuming these things aren't getting AoOs for whatever reason. If more than just her's will then I will change what I do a bit and just step back then cast defensively. From my current position Marya/Damian need to move back five feet to be out.


Channel 1/5, Bolstering Touch 3/6, Seize the Initiative 1/6
Spells Remaining:
Bless, Weapons Against Evil
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

I already moved myself on the map for the round (i was originally directly in front of you), so sadly can’t move out of the way The little things are apparently tiny since they needed to enter squares to attack, so you aren’t threatened

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 23/33 [29/39 Rage] [DR/1] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

Vlad takes some damage from the gross creatures--not taking any additional harm because of Marya's encouragement. Snarling, he attacks the one at his feet with his flail.

Did I not get an AoO for it entering my square?

fort save (inspiring sword): 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 2 = 13 saved me again, Marya!

Heavy Flail (inspiring sword): 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 2 = 151d10 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

You were flat-footed. If you have something that allows for an AoO when your flat, yes. Otherwise, no.

Both Feena and Vlad manage to hit their intended targets, but neither drops from the damage.

1,051 to 1,100 of 1,411 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM ShadowLord's Tyrant's Grasp - Group 1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.