GM ShadowLord's Tyrant's Grasp - Group 1

Game Master The Rising Phoenix

Roll 20

LOOT!


751 to 800 of 1,362 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>

DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Yes. All three crystal lanterns can be removed. I'm not sure if anyone caught the checks at the bottom of this post about them or not.

Coral studies the dolls from the opposite side of the room, waiting to see if they move or react in any way. The dolls both sit lifelessly on the stage, unmoving. After she feels comfortable that they are indeed not moving, she signals Rajuna and he begins to lead the group south along the western corridor. When he gets close to the stage however, something happens with the dolls.

Knowledge Arcana DC12:
These creatures are small sentient dolls that contain a fragment of another creature’s soul.

The barber surgeon doll glass eyes glisten with unmistakable curiosity as it comes to life with a fluid grace. and calls out loudly in the room, "Next patient, please!" while the other doll rises from the chair, hand over its bloody mouth.


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 17/19* | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 30' | F +4* R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: *3 Con damage

Coral made the Appraise check.
"Kind of figured that. Bows! Play it safe!"
She reaches for her bow.


female human sorceress 3 | HP 15/15; THP 0/0; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +1, R +3, W +3 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Per +3 Immolation Aura 1/3rnds | Spells: 1st 1/6

Feena had paid little attention to the two gruesome dolls as she hoped to forget the existence of the things. They were very disturbing but it became much worse when one of them spoke! She looked at them carefully to try and determine what they were.
Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Feena gasped when she recognized what these were and said, "These are souldolls, I'm shocked that anyone would be so brazen as to trap even a piece of a soul in Pharama's realm." Then she smiled, "This could be leverage if we have to negotiate as I'm sure that anyone found with these here would be in serious trouble."


M Human Paladin of Sarenrae 1/Oracle of Life 2 | HP 27/27 | AC 19/13/16 | F +4, R +3, W +5 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | Scimitar +2 (1d6) | Longbow +5 (1d8) | Init -1 | Perception -1 (Deaf)

Seeing the dolls move and Coral reach for her bow, Damian follows her example and nocks an arrow to his own, waiting with it half drawn. Should any of the dolls make menacing moves towards the party, he would not hesitate to feather them.

Readied attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12 Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 7


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

When no one from the party immediately comes forward to volunteer themselves as the next patient, the surgeon turns to face your party and repeats louder "NEXT PATIENT!"

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 31/33 [37/39 Rage] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

Vlad sneers and raises his flail.

"I don't think so!" he yells at the doll. Seems we're not in combat yet?


Channel 1/5, Bolstering Touch 3/6, Seize the Initiative 1/6
Spells Remaining:
Bless, Weapons Against Evil
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Marya shakes her head at the little doll, making no effort to stow her sword and shield, but also not making any aggressive moves yet.

”Sorry, little buddy. I don’t have dental, and if I did, I don’t think you’d be on the approved doctors list.”


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

We are not, I was waiting to see what you chose to do. If you wish to start combat, someone may post an action doing so. I didn't want to assume that was your course of action.

The doll turns away from Vlad and Marya, looking at the others. "TICK TOCK! LAST APPOINTMENT, FINAL CALL!"


female human sorceress 3 | HP 15/15; THP 0/0; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +1, R +3, W +3 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Per +3 Immolation Aura 1/3rnds | Spells: 1st 1/6

Feena shook her head and said, "I'm sorry for what has been done to you, trapped in those gems as dolls, but I'm afraid I'm not here for an appointment either. I've already had enough of having my teeth yanked out thank you very much. No, we're here to see the person in charge of this place, can you direct us to them?"


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 17/19* | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 30' | F +4* R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: *3 Con damage

"Unless you can find my missing tooth and put it back in - can you do that? Or do you only do extractions?"

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 31/33 [37/39 Rage] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

Vlad scowls at the dolls.

"If there's a soul trapped in there, I'm getting them out!"

He raises his flail and moves to attack the nearest one.


female human sorceress 3 | HP 15/15; THP 0/0; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +1, R +3, W +3 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Per +3 Immolation Aura 1/3rnds | Spells: 1st 1/6

Feena tried to put herself between Vlad and the dolls as she called out to him, "Wait Vlad! It's not a whole soul, only part of one...I think, and while it is blasphemous it may be with a reason. I don't like that it has been done but maybe we should find out more before provoking a fight we might not be able to handle." She gave him a worried look, "Especially since we don't know what will happen when we meet the one in charge here."

Feeling sure that her efforts wouldn't stop Vlad for long Feena offered a compromise and said, "As an alternative suggestion we should tell our benefactors about these two and let them make the decision. We've already seem that sometimes a soul, or soul like being, trapped in a gem is there for a reason if that thing we saw in the tomb was any indication. The same may well be true here as well."

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 31/33 [37/39 Rage] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

I’m happy to delay to have a resolution to that—if they don’t respond well, I’ll attack.


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 17/19* | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 30' | F +4* R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: *3 Con damage

"What 'benefactors' do you mean, Feena? The psychopomps back in the village? I don't think they have any idea what is going on in here, as they implied we would be able to trade - and we have just been attacked repeatedly. If we left, would we have to fight our way back in here again?"

I'm really not sure what Feena means. My instinct is that these dolls are an obstacle to be overcome and not a plot-relevant thing to investigate, but I could be mistaken.


female human sorceress 3 | HP 15/15; THP 0/0; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +1, R +3, W +3 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Per +3 Immolation Aura 1/3rnds | Spells: 1st 1/6

With a sigh Feena said, "I agree they likely have no idea what is happening here, and I'm not saying go back and get them, but I suspect we may see them again at some point or be able to at least get them a message about this."


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

The dolls watch the back and forth conversation in the party, their heads moving back between each of the participants in the discussion. The surgeon finally growing impatient enough that he turns to his former patient and directs it towards to them. "Go get me a new patient!" Moving a tiny dagger into it's right hand, the dolls surges forward off the stage towards you.

Damian had been waiting for such an eventuality and his arrow whistles towards the doll but just misses as it sails overhead and slams into the stage instead. The doll charges towards Rajuna's leg with its dagger held high in the air, telegraphing its attack vector. Rajuna simply moves his leg and watches the doll fly right past, missing terribly. Meanwhile on the stage, the other doll starts casting a spell.

R1: Dolls, Feena, Coral, Marya, Rajuna, Damian, Vlad

GM:

Dolls: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Damian: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7
Feena: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Marya: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (18) + 0 = 18
Rajuna: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Coral: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Vlad: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 17/19* | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 30' | F +4* R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: *3 Con damage

Coral takes a shot at the one that is casting a spell.
Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2


Channel 1/5, Bolstering Touch 3/6, Seize the Initiative 1/6
Spells Remaining:
Bless, Weapons Against Evil
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Marya begins her sword dance once more. ”For someone clamoring for patients, you could stand to be a bit more patient yourself, bud.”

+2 sacred bonus on attack rolls, saving throws, and skill checks until her next turn

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 31/33 [37/39 Rage] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

Vlad moves quickly to support Rajuna, swinging his flail mightily at the doll.

"Feel the wrath of the righteous!" he exclaims.

Heavy Flail (power attack, flank, inspiring sword): 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (11) + 5 + 2 + 2 - 1 = 191d10 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 3 = 15


M Human Paladin of Sarenrae 1/Oracle of Life 2 | HP 27/27 | AC 19/13/16 | F +4, R +3, W +5 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | Scimitar +2 (1d6) | Longbow +5 (1d8) | Init -1 | Perception -1 (Deaf)

Unfazed by his initial failure, Damian nocks another arrow and looses it at the casting puppet, taking a step forward for a better angle.

Attack, PBS, inspiring sword: 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 1 + 2 = 11 Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


female human sorceress 3 | HP 15/15; THP 0/0; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +1, R +3, W +3 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Per +3 Immolation Aura 1/3rnds | Spells: 1st 1/6

Stepping forward slightly Feena cast a spell and sent a tiny jolt of electricity lancing out at the attacking doll.
jolt: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 3 - 4 = 171d3 ⇒ 1


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Coral is able to land her ranged attack on the casting doll, though Damian still can't seem to find the right angle and misses when his arrow embeds into the wooden stage behind his target. Vlad's flail connects with the tiny doll and delivers a tremendous blow to the creature, a tiny portion of his damage somehow offset and not transferred. Feena also is able to succesfully strike the creature, her electrical blast not suffering the resistance that Vlad's attack did.

Rajuna is up!


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Rajuna slides five feet south to flank the doll with Coral. Using his tactical positoin coupled with Marya's inspiration, Rajuna is able to quickly put the doll down onto the floor into two different pieces. As the doll flies apart, a small red gem tumbles out of one of the eye sockets.

The doll casting on the stage concentrates past the damage done to it by Coral and finishes its spell as it throws its hands apart wide from its body. As it finishes casting it's spell, a wave of fatigue washes over the party. Everyone but Feena suddenly feels incredibly tired from their long, arduous day. Everyone but Feena make a DC12 Will save or fall asleep.

The tiny surgeon doll announces "Time for surgery, my patients!!!"

R2: Doll, Feena, Coral, Marya, Rajuna, Damian, Vlad

GM:

Rajuna: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 2 + 2 = 16
Damage: 1d6 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 1 + (3) = 10
Concentration: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 31/33 [37/39 Rage] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

Vlad fights the wave of fatigue and nearly overcomes it. But a look of confusion on his face is quickly replaced as his eyes roll back in his head. He falls shoulder-first into the ground, his heavily scarred torso landing with a thud.

Will: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 17/19* | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 30' | F +4* R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: *3 Con damage

Vlad gets +2 from Inspiring Sword, and +2 from Shake it Off for being adjacent to Coral (she has the Auspicious Birth - Conjunction feat).

Will, Shake it Off, Inspiring Sword: 1d20 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 2 + 2 = 7
"Vlad! Stay awake! You can... ummm... zzzz..."

Coral falls asleep.


M Human Paladin of Sarenrae 1/Oracle of Life 2 | HP 27/27 | AC 19/13/16 | F +4, R +3, W +5 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | Scimitar +2 (1d6) | Longbow +5 (1d8) | Init -1 | Perception -1 (Deaf)

Will save, Inspiring Sword The Optimist: 1d20 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 2 + 1 = 9 As part of his campaign trait, Damian grants Rajuna a +1 to saves against mind-affecting effects for 1 minute.

"So... tired." mumbles Damian as he stumbles against the wall and starts sliding down to the floor. "Wake me... when you're done."


Channel 1/5, Bolstering Touch 3/6, Seize the Initiative 1/6
Spells Remaining:
Bless, Weapons Against Evil
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Will Save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

Marya just stands with a scowl on her face as the sleeping spell hits the party. She’s always tired since the Reclamation, and she knows sleep won’t help.

”You really think that’s gonna work, you quack. You...”

Her voice trails off as she sees her companions dropping one-by-one. ”Well, s%++.”

She reaches for Damian and tries to shake him awake. Standard action to wake him up


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Rajuna's eyelids grow heavy and start to close, but Marya's cursing snaps him out of it. Shaking his head and setting his priorities, he marches towards the spellcaster on the stage. Once he closes the gap he slashes at the doll, but the tiny creature lunges out of the way as he misses.

Damian jolts and notices his weapon laying at his feet. Coral and Vlad hit the ground as well, dropping their weapons.

Feena and Damian still can act this round.

GM:

Rajuna: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 2 + 1 = 14
Rajuna: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 2 = 12
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 17/19* | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 30' | F +4* R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: *3 Con damage

Vlad made his save thanks to Shake it Off, which he forgot to count.


female human sorceress 3 | HP 15/15; THP 0/0; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +1, R +3, W +3 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Per +3 Immolation Aura 1/3rnds | Spells: 1st 1/6

Seeing some of her friends fall asleep Feena moved to the closest and began to nudge them with her foot saying, "A fight is no time for a nap!"


M Human Paladin of Sarenrae 1/Oracle of Life 2 | HP 27/27 | AC 19/13/16 | F +4, R +3, W +5 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | Scimitar +2 (1d6) | Longbow +5 (1d8) | Init -1 | Perception -1 (Deaf)

Shaking his head sharply, Damian picks up his bow and takes aim at the spellcasting doll, frowning in concentration.

Attack, PBS: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 1 = 10 Damage, PBS: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 31/33 [37/39 Rage] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

Thanks for the reminder, Coral. With a little retcon, it looks like I indeed just made the roll.

Just as he is about to go down, Vlad shakes off the sleep effect and staggers forward. In a stupor, he swings and misses badly, but at least he's not down.

Heavy Flail (power attack): 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (6) + 5 - 1 = 101d10 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 3 = 9


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Damian's attack flies past its target and Vlad's attack misses and slams into the stage near the doll, knocking over a red and white striped pole nearby that had been precariously placed on the stage. The tiny surgeon lunges forward and tries to run underneath Rejuna and stab him with its tiny dagger. "I told you to rest! This would have been much easier had you just listened to me!" He slashes at Rajuna's shin, scraping him with and barely cutting the skin (1 NL)

Party up!

GM:

Attack Rajuna: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 31/33 [37/39 Rage] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

"Hold still!" Vlad says as he swings wildly again. "We will free your soul!"

Heavy Flail (power attack): 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (4) + 5 - 1 = 81d10 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 3 = 8


Channel 1/5, Bolstering Touch 3/6, Seize the Initiative 1/6
Spells Remaining:
Bless, Weapons Against Evil
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Marya continues to perform Iomedae's Inspiring Sword for her comrades, silently praying that one of them is able to finish off the insufferable surgeon.

Y'all know the drill. +2 sacred bonus on attack rolls, saving throws and skill checks


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 17/19* | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 30' | F +4* R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: *3 Con damage

Coral snores.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Marya's quickly becoming an old pro an inspiring her teammates. Unfortunately for her however, they aren't taking much notice of her efforts.

Once gain Vlad's flail smashes into the wooden stage, splinters of wooden flashing up into the air as it gouges a huge hole and misses badly.

Coral dreams of plum tarts and sweet wine being served to her with a side of grapes and cheese.


M Human Paladin of Sarenrae 1/Oracle of Life 2 | HP 27/27 | AC 19/13/16 | F +4, R +3, W +5 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | Scimitar +2 (1d6) | Longbow +5 (1d8) | Init -1 | Perception -1 (Deaf)

Damian feels that his efforts have been a little futile so far, but doesn't see any better alternatives. Taking a steadying breath, he aims again at the remaining marionette, and releases.

Attack, PBS, Inspiring sword: 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 4 + 1 + 2 = 22 Damage, piercing, PBS: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


female human sorceress 3 | HP 15/15; THP 0/0; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +1, R +3, W +3 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Per +3 Immolation Aura 1/3rnds | Spells: 1st 1/6

Feena, needing to be of use and with no real magic to use, moved to where COral was sleeping and nudged the woman awake. "No time to be sleeping, there are enemies to fight!"

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 31/33 [37/39 Rage] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

Vlad pivots on his foot and swings again, and this time his blow lands closer--much closer.

Heavy Flail (power attack, inspiring sword): 1d20 + 5 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (12) + 5 + 2 - 1 = 181d10 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 3 = 15


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 17/19* | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 30' | F +4* R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: *3 Con damage

Can Coral act this round or next? She will grab her bow and stand.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Go ahead Coral.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Sorry for the delay, I've been in bed with the flu :(

Coral was so soundly asleep that Feena had trouble waking the woman. After a few check shakes she resorts to violent shaking which seems to do the trick.

Meanwhile, the action on stage continues as the tiny doll tries to assault Rajuna quite ineffectively. Rajuna on the other hand is quite effective, burying his blade into the doll and eliminating the final threat from the tiny dolls.

Out of combat!

With the dolls eliminated, there are no other additional dangers in sight. Both of the dolls seem to have dropped gems from their eye sockets and Vlad notices the red and white striped pole appears to have been "repurposed" into a flag pole, but was likely used for some other purpose before the dolls got a hold of it.

The hallway continues south on both sides of this floor.

GM:

Dagger: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Rajuna: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 17/19* | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 30' | F +4* R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: *3 Con damage

Oh, I meant that was my action, "grab bow and stand", after Feena woke me. Hope you weren't waiting on me.

Coral makes sure to snag the gems. She looks for anything else of value before moving on.

"Let's keep going south on this side."

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 31/33 [37/39 Rage] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

Feel better, GM!

Vlad nudges the head of one of the dolls to make sure it's truly destroyed.

"Rest in peace," he says as he examines the pole for any signs of what it may have been used for.

perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

With Rajuna gone, I think Coral is our default scout. I'm also happy to go first if you'd rather.


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 17/19* | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 30' | F +4* R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: *3 Con damage

Coral is fine going first. I'm going to miss Rajuna, having another like-minded Iomedae-following scout...


M Human Paladin of Sarenrae 1/Oracle of Life 2 | HP 27/27 | AC 19/13/16 | F +4, R +3, W +5 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | Scimitar +2 (1d6) | Longbow +5 (1d8) | Init -1 | Perception -1 (Deaf)

Damian goes to salvage what arrows he can from all his missed shots of earlier, sighing at his own ineffectiveness. The winter had made him quite rusty on his bow skills, it seemed. He squints at the staff of his bow, trying to see if it hasn't warped or splintered.

"Ah, admit it, you're just a bad shot." he mutters to himself before following Coral and the others deeper into the palace of teeth and stomatologically-obsessed creatures.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

The days events have caught up with Rajuna and he holds up his hand. "I... I need a minute. I'll be right behind you." he says before taking a seat on the stage. "I'll make sure nothing comes from behind you."

Coral takes the leads and moves south for twenty some feet before turning left. The hallway extends clear across the building and the only door is to a room halfway down the hall on her left. The door is open a crack, say just enough for a tooth fairy to come and go from the room. There are no signs of faeries now, but surely there are more?

Beyond the doors is a room that might once have been an elegant study. This room has floor-to-ceiling bookshelves along the walls, a pair of heavy desks, and several overstuffed chairs. Most of the books have been shredded, their pages and covers forming small nests. The chairs have all been sliced open, their stuffing removed and likewise fashioned into small nests. An unsteady chair made of stacked books stands atop the larger of the room's two desks. Loose teeth are piled on the shelves, affixed to the ceiling, and heaped on the floors in strange, spiky patterns.

Four tooth fairies flit about, attending to a much larger fey that sits on the book throne. Resembling a gangly humanoid from the waist up and a fleshy insect from the waist down, this child-sized creature has enormous black eyes and a large jaw with a lolling tongue. He has a weak chin and overlarge ears, and he wears a crown made of humanoid teeth and clutches a tooth-studded scepter. Picture

"Step forward, supplicants!" the fairy declares in Common. "Why have you come before the great and mighty Prince Uspid?"


Channel 1/5, Bolstering Touch 3/6, Seize the Initiative 1/6
Spells Remaining:
Bless, Weapons Against Evil
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Marya whispers to herself out loud as this “Prince Uspid” comes into view. ”Holy Inheritor the f%!+ing tooth fairy king waxes his mustache and beard.” Marya does her best to stifle a laugh, even though her exhausted body yearns for the tension release.

Marya turns the urge to laugh into a pleasant, polite smile. She follows it with an exaggerated bow. ”Greetings, fine Prince Uspid. We are travelers looking to traverse the Dead Roads on our way back to the Material Plane, and we saw this fine palace and thought a benevolent and stylish tooth fairy prince must live here, and we thought it wise to call upon you.”

Diplomacy to Improve Attitude: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26


M Human Paladin of Sarenrae 1/Oracle of Life 2 | HP 27/27 | AC 19/13/16 | F +4, R +3, W +5 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | Scimitar +2 (1d6) | Longbow +5 (1d8) | Init -1 | Perception -1 (Deaf)

Damian watches Marya pay homage to what must be the ruler of the tooth fairies, and follows suit. He is tired of fighting the strange denizens of this strange place, and since these did not attack them on sight, there is perhaps hope for a peaceful resolution of this entire situation.

He bows as well, but without knowing what Marya said, he utters just generic praise, hoping it will hit the mark.

"Ah, greetings my- my lord. What a fine place you have here."

Diplomacy aid: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

751 to 800 of 1,362 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM ShadowLord's Tyrant's Grasp - Group 1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.