GM ShadowLord's Tyrant's Grasp - Group 1

Game Master The Rising Phoenix

Roll 20

LOOT!


951 to 1,000 of 1,291 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>
The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 31/33 [37/39 Rage] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

Vlad nods at Marya, grunts, and grabs the warhammer.

”The righteous are always blessed.”

He turns and climbs the ladder.


M Human Paladin of Sarenrae 1/Oracle of Life 2 | HP 27/27 | AC 19/13/16 | F +4, R +3, W +5 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | Scimitar +2 (1d6) | Longbow +5 (1d8) | Init -1 | Perception -1 (Deaf)

Update on the healing (see Discussion) - Damian healed 11 HP for everyone across 2 uses of channel positive energy.

Damian stares in surprise as Coral tumbles back down the ladder. Holding his bow at half-draw with an arrow nocked, he turns in place, unsure if it wouldn't spring at them from behind.

"Marya, what should we do? Do we fight it? Can they be reasoned with?"

Ready action to fire if it attacks anyone that Damian can see: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


female human sorceress 3 | HP 15/15; THP 0/0; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +1, R +3, W +3 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Per +3 Immolation Aura 1/3rnds | Spells: 1st 2/6

Feena pulled the daggers free as Damian healed them and sighed with relief before moving so he could see what she said and said, "Thank you Damian, I was scared I would die for a minute and you saved me." She threw her arms around him in a quick hug before stepping back and looking at her ruined clothes. She'd have to do something about that when they got a chance to rest.

As Coral climbed the ladder and then promptly came back down Feena felt a wash of fear again. Fortunately their friend was alright when she reached the bottom. The question Damian asked was a good one and so Feena held off on doing anything until they got a response.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

The esobok is standing right at the edge of the opening above the ladder. If someone is standing in the ladder square they could see up to the creature and attack it/cast a spell on it. Someone on the ladder would be providing cover.

As described above, Vlad takes the hammer and climbs up. As he is climbing if he wants to go all the way up he will provoke from the creature. Is that correct or is he stopping on the ladder?

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 31/33 [37/39 Rage] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

If it's visible from the ground, I'll try to pull it down to us.

Vlad, from the base of the ladder, can see the creature standing above him.

"Why don't you come down and join us!?" he says as he retrieves a javelin from a clutch at his back and casts it at the creature.

javelin: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 161d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Channel 2/5, Bolstering Touch 3/6, Seize the Initiative 1/6
Spells Remaining:
Bless, Weapons Against Evil
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Marya shakes her head with a grave expression at Damian's question. "I don't think we can reason with it. If there was undead flesh around--animated or otherwise--we could direct it towards that, but I don't think it would be amenable to much else."


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Vlad's javelin is excellently aimed and strikes the psychopomp in the chest. A strange sound between a howl and squeal cries out in pain from the attack. It backs up out of your view above and disappears from sight.

R2: Badguy, Feena, Coral, Vlad, Marya, Damian


female human sorceress 3 | HP 15/15; THP 0/0; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +1, R +3, W +3 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Per +3 Immolation Aura 1/3rnds | Spells: 1st 2/6

With nothing capable of reaching where the creature was Feena kept to the back and was prepared to use her flames to heal her friends if it became necessary.


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 11/19* (2 NL) | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 30' | F +4* R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: *3 Con damage

Coral looks up.
"If Vlad can get up there and establish a position, we can follow him. Marya, can you call on any blessings of the Inheritor?"

Thinking that Vlad with a heavy shield and also Shield of Faith has a pretty good AC, even if it goes invisible again and is attacking his flat-footed AC. I don't think we can stealth past this thing. Open to other ideas.


Channel 2/5, Bolstering Touch 3/6, Seize the Initiative 1/6
Spells Remaining:
Bless, Weapons Against Evil
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Marya shakes her head, then taps Vlad with a Guidance spell. ”I just gave Scarboy a protection spell. After how stretched-thin I was yesterday, I’m going to hold off sparing more magic that ain’t easily reusable.” She then picks up her sword, preparing to go back to her usual inspiring dance.

Standard action to cast Guidance, move action to pick up her sword


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Vlad and Damian are up.

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 31/33 [37/39 Rage] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

Vlad glowers at Marya. "You'll need to speak more respectfully," he says. "My faith is nothing to speak lightly of, nor are the scars that demonstrate my devotion."

Taking up the warhammer, he turns and climbs the ladder.

Just a little RP--thanks for the buff.


M Human Paladin of Sarenrae 1/Oracle of Life 2 | HP 27/27 | AC 19/13/16 | F +4, R +3, W +5 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | Scimitar +2 (1d6) | Longbow +5 (1d8) | Init -1 | Perception -1 (Deaf)

Sighing, Damian follows Vlad up the ladder. He was tired of fighting, tired of this place, tired of things not making sense. But there was little use in complaining, best to just get on with things and try to protect his companions.

I am behind you." he announces in a low voice.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Vlad climbs back up the ladder with Damian right behind him. Up on the third story now, the 10' x 50' room looking completely empty. Only both of them know that the room is not actually empty. All at once things go from silent to chaotic.

Not one, but two of those esobok psychopomps appear in the room. The one close to Damian swipes at him, but is so eager in its attack he swings to early and misses. Vlad unfortunately, is not so lucky.

The second pyscho pomp at the end of the hallway charges straight at him, screeching a terrible howl that is entirely unnerving, particurly to those down below that cannot see what is about to happen to Vlad. As the creature closes the distance it thrusts it's head into Vlad's chest and grabs a hold of something. Yanking it's head back, it begins to pull some semi-transparent force outside of Scarboy's body.
DC14 Will save. If you succeed you repel the attack and take 1d6 ⇒ 2 points of force damage, if you fail your soul is ripped from your body and you are paralyzed.

Attack Vlad: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 2 = 12
Pounce Vlad: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 6 + 2 + 2 = 27

R3: Badguys, Feena, Coral, Vlad, Marya, Damian


M Human Paladin of Sarenrae 1/Oracle of Life 2 | HP 27/27 | AC 19/13/16 | F +4, R +3, W +5 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | Scimitar +2 (1d6) | Longbow +5 (1d8) | Init -1 | Perception -1 (Deaf)

"Ah! Two of them up here! Hurry!" Damian calls out as he sidesteps and tries to plunk an arrow into the esobok that had attacked him.

Attack yellow, PBS: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 Damage, PBS: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 11/19* (2 NL) | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 30' | F +4* R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: *3 Con damage

Coral climbs up the ladder as fast as she can.


Channel 2/5, Bolstering Touch 3/6, Seize the Initiative 1/6
Spells Remaining:
Bless, Weapons Against Evil
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Marya exasperates into a slouch. ”Of course there’s two of them. Of f+$+ing course.” She sheathes her sword again so she can have a free hand for climbing.

Move action to sheathe sword and move to climb

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 31/33 [37/39 Rage] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

Vlad raises his warhammer to attack, but as he does so he is struck with such a powerful force that he doesn't know what is happening.

Initially, the pain is exquisite. But then he sees the back of his head, as if he's no longer in his body. In a moment, he is standing behind his body, looking on. Disembodied, he watches in horror, unable to move.

Will save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Feena is up.


female human sorceress 3 | HP 15/15; THP 0/0; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +1, R +3, W +3 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Per +3 Immolation Aura 1/3rnds | Spells: 1st 2/6

Is the tooth fairy still being carried or was he dropped to the ground?


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

I'm going to assume that he was placed on the ground down below and you aren't carrying him up to the fight, but the group can chime in and confirm/deny that.

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 31/33 [37/39 Rage] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7
GM ShadowLord wrote:
I'm going to assume that he was placed on the ground down below and you aren't carrying him up to the fight, but the group can chime in and confirm/deny that.

I was planning to hold him up in front of me to absorb any paralyzing attacks. ;P


Channel 2/5, Bolstering Touch 3/6, Seize the Initiative 1/6
Spells Remaining:
Bless, Weapons Against Evil
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

I was assuming we dropped him


female human sorceress 3 | HP 15/15; THP 0/0; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +1, R +3, W +3 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Per +3 Immolation Aura 1/3rnds | Spells: 1st 2/6

I think you were the last one carrying him right Marya? If so I think the choice of where he is is yours.


Channel 2/5, Bolstering Touch 3/6, Seize the Initiative 1/6
Spells Remaining:
Bless, Weapons Against Evil
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Then I choose that I set him down at the beginning of all this :D


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 11/19* (2 NL) | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 30' | F +4* R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: *3 Con damage

"Watch him, Marya, and give him the cold iron if he tries to wriggle out!"


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Feena is up I think.


female human sorceress 3 | HP 15/15; THP 0/0; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +1, R +3, W +3 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Per +3 Immolation Aura 1/3rnds | Spells: 1st 2/6

Feena looked at the others and said, "I'll watch him, I don't think I'll be much help up there against that thing."


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Vlad stops moving mid-motion, completely frozen like a statue as he watches the creature rip the very essence of his life from his body. The esobok in front of him backpedals slowly, pulling Vlad's soul with him across the room as he does so. Horrified, Vlad can do nothing but watch this creature escape with his life in its jaws.
Vlad gets a new save each round to free his soul from its grasp.

Coral climbs up the ladder and quickly discovers that the creature is standing at the top of the ladder and she isn't going to be able to get onto the floor above without exposing herself to an attack as she moves past it. Seeing Marya climb behind, knows she needs to take a risk and move off the ladder if she is going to allow Marya to get up here to help..

Bite Coral: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Free Grab: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

As Coral hops off the ladder, the esobok waits for the perfect time and leans in to bite her left thigh. Worse yet, it doesn't let go. With its teeth sunk into her thigh, it's attached to her and holding on tightly. (7 damage, Grappled)

Maintain Grapple Coral: 1d20 + 6 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 6 + 5 = 31
Claw Coral: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Holding Coral with it's teeth, it begins to pull at something deep insider of her. Yanking backwards, Coral's soul begins to be drug from her body just as Vlad's has. DC14 Will save. If you succeed you repel the attack and take 1d6 ⇒ 3 points of force damage, if you fail your soul is ripped from your body and you are paralyzed.


Channel 2/5, Bolstering Touch 3/6, Seize the Initiative 1/6
Spells Remaining:
Bless, Weapons Against Evil
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Marya draws one of her swords once more, cursing these damn psychopomps and this b$~$+*~% they are pulling on her comrades. Sorry, it takes a full round action to do her Inspiring Sword, and she needs her sword in-hand to do it. She'll start it up next round, which will help if any of you are still held fast by the beasties. Might need to pick up quick draw at this rate....

Attack with Cold Iron Longsword vs Yellow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Crit Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 11/19* (2 NL) | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 30' | F +4* R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: *3 Con damage

Coral is unconscious from the damage. At -3.
Will, +2 for Shake it Off if adjacent to Vlad: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 2 = 9

Could she have tried Acrobatics to move past it? Probably not given that she was climbing.


M Human Paladin of Sarenrae 1/Oracle of Life 2 | HP 27/27 | AC 19/13/16 | F +4, R +3, W +5 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | Scimitar +2 (1d6) | Longbow +5 (1d8) | Init -1 | Perception -1 (Deaf)

As Coral slumps to the floor in front of him, bleeding heavily, Damian surprises himself by remaining calm. Perhaps in this realm of Pharasma, who presides over life and death, his perception of both is altering and shifting, the lines between them blurring and stretching.

Coral is not dead.

Not yet.

Not if he can help it.

"Danwflower, bring your light to this place, bless your humble servant, save this brave soul."

He goes to one knee, one hand outstretched towards the halfling, hesitating for just a brief moment before closing the distance and touching her. I will apologize later. I hope she understands.

CLW: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 31/33 [37/39 Rage] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

will save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

When death's sweet embrace comes for me, I will not flinch! But not today!

Vlad's soul abruptly re-enters his body, propelled there by sheer willpower. Finding himself surrounded by the creatures, he steps to the side to flank with Mary and tries to strike one of them in the back.

"Your tricks will not work on the righteous!"

adamantine Warhammer (flank, inspiring sword, RAGE!): 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 151d8 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

I didn’t allow the acrobatics check because you were climbing, that is correct. Since Damian cured Coral this round, she can act after him and still go this round if you like, that brings her back to 0HP

Vlad’s soul snaps back into his body and he immediately snaps into action. His warhammer slams into the body of the esbok who tried to abscond with his soul. Overcoming the thick skin, his weapon crushes bones and delivers a powerful blow to the psychopomp. It screeches loudly, holding its chest in pain.

Feena and potentially Coral are up.


female human sorceress 3 | HP 15/15; THP 0/0; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +1, R +3, W +3 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Per +3 Immolation Aura 1/3rnds | Spells: 1st 2/6

How high up is the top of the ladder and what can I see of them from the bottom?


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 11/19* (2 NL) | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 30' | F +4* R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: *3 Con damage

Coral will use her Lay on Hands ability (The Word trait) as a swift action, and ready to Aid Another to help Vlad's AC against the next bite attack on him.
Lay on Hands: 1d6 ⇒ 4
Aid Another, Prone: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 5 - 4 = 16
+4 to AC.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Ladder is 10’ and you can see people on adjacent squares, yes.


female human sorceress 3 | HP 15/15; THP 0/0; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +1, R +3, W +3 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Per +3 Immolation Aura 1/3rnds | Spells: 1st 2/6

As everything is black for I can't see anything now, having the dancing lights up is kind of a standard thing for Feena. Who can I see at the top?


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

I added a light source to your floor you can control. You can't see the other floor on the map however. They are directly above the ladder spot with a similar sized room that you are in.


female human sorceress 3 | HP 15/15; THP 0/0; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +1, R +3, W +3 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Per +3 Immolation Aura 1/3rnds | Spells: 1st 2/6

Thanks and that's fine.

Looking straight up Feena could see her companions and tell how badly injured a couple of them were by the blood coming down. She cast a spell and sent a gout of flame up the passageway. The flames washed over her friends and helped to heal some of their wounds.
I cast burning hands up the shaft to heal those at the top.
burning hands: 2d4 ⇒ (2, 3) = 5 2 damage healed.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

The esbobok that had just tried to steal Vlad's soul is at it again. Moving in front of him, it slashes him with its claws first, cutting him across the chest with each of them. After drawing more blood, it plunges its teeth into his chest again, once more grabbing a hold of his essence and starting to pull. 3+3+6=12 damage + grappled. No will save yet, that happens if you don't break the grapple on your turn this time.

Satisfied that Coral is laying in a pool of blood and seemingly not a threat, the second psychopomp tears into Marya much in the same way its companion did to Vlad. Two claws rip across her chest, one of them nearly nicking an artery in her neck (3+5=8 damage). When the creature tries to stick its teeth into her chest to pull out her soul however, Marya deflects the blow.

R5: Psychopomps, Feena, Coral, Vlad, Marya, Damian

GM:

Bite: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 6 + 2 = 20
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Grab: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 6 + 2 = 23
Claw: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 6 + 2 = 23
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Claw: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 6 + 2 = 24
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Bite: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Grab: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Claw: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Claw: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Claw Confirm: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


female human sorceress 3 | HP 15/15; THP 0/0; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +1, R +3, W +3 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Per +3 Immolation Aura 1/3rnds | Spells: 1st 2/6

Feena heard the fierce fighting above and became more than a little worried about her friend’s survival. It wasn't going well she didn't think and she knew that she had to do something more to help as her flames weren't enough. She looked down at the tied up prince and felt resolve wash over her as she bent over and picked up the prince. Feena then began to climb the ladder awkwardly until she could see what was going on.

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 31/33 [37/39 Rage] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

Vlad doesn't bother to dodge the enemy's attacks, instead allowing each blow to refine him through punishing pain.

He tries to throw off the creature's grapple and counter-attack on his own. Blood flies but he cannot connect with his own blow to finish it off.

CMB to escape grapple (RAGE!): 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 5 + 2 = 23

Heavy Flail (power attack, flank, RAGE!): 1d20 + 5 + 2 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 2 - 1 + 2 = 91d10 + 7 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 3 = 11


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 11/19* (2 NL) | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 30' | F +4* R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: *3 Con damage

"Vlad, fall back!"
If Vlad is adjacent to Coral, not only does he get the benefit of +2 (not +1 as usual) from Shake it Off, but she can Aid Another on his AC for +4. And they can't flank him.


Channel 2/5, Bolstering Touch 3/6, Seize the Initiative 1/6
Spells Remaining:
Bless, Weapons Against Evil
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

With her companions no longer having the literal souls ripped from their bodies and one of the psychopomps at her throat, Marya decides to stick with direct combat for the moment, capitalizing off Vlad’s flank.

Attack with Cold Iron Longsword vs Yellow (flank, power attack): 1d20 + 3 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (14) + 3 + 2 - 1 = 18
Damage (power attack): 1d8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 2 = 9

It sounds like yellow is the one that has been taking damage, so hopefully this will get it closer to death


M Human Paladin of Sarenrae 1/Oracle of Life 2 | HP 27/27 | AC 19/13/16 | F +4, R +3, W +5 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | Scimitar +2 (1d6) | Longbow +5 (1d8) | Init -1 | Perception -1 (Deaf)

Stubborn man, Damian thinks as he regains his feet and resumes his assault on the first esobok, hoping to bring it down and provide some relief for Vlad.

Attack yellow, PBS, firing in melee: 1d20 + 4 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 1 - 4 = 17 Damage, PBS: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Damian's shot hits its mark, but due to the thick skin of the creature it only partially damages it. Though injured, it still appears it is going to take several more shots like this one to bring it down.

Vlad - Unless you have something specific to overcome it, escaping a grapple is your standard action.

Vlad's poor positioning between the two psychopomps helps the one in front of him tear into him with its claws and teeth, ripping and shredding his flesh (5+6=11 damage which should send him to the ground, but I'm not sure since he has temporary hp options. If it doesn't he is grappled as well.).

Meanwhile the esobok that Marya attacked retaliates on her, slashing her with a claw and leaning in to bite her in the chest. Once more she is able to shake off its attempt to dig into her body and pull her soul out (3+5=8 damage.

R6: Psychopomps, Feena, Coral, Vlad, Marya, Damian

GM:

C: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 6 + 2 = 16
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
C: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 6 + 2 = 23
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
B: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 6 + 2 = 21
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
G: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 6 + 2 = 19

C: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
C: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
B: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
G: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 2 = 9


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 11/19* (2 NL) | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 30' | F +4* R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: *3 Con damage

You skipped me I think - I was going to Aid Another on Vlad's AC if he got attacked by a bite, but was waiting to see if he took a 5' step. Also, he has Diehard so could still be up.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

I was viewing it as a ready in case he did, but he didn’t take a step out, so rather than hold things up if you want to go ahead and take an action from last round go for it.


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 11/19* (2 NL) | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 30' | F +4* R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: *3 Con damage

Then it would have been Aid Another on Marya's AC against the bite.
Aid Another, Prone: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 5 - 4 = 20
+4 to Marya's AC against the bite last round. Will wait a bit this round to see what happens.

951 to 1,000 of 1,291 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM ShadowLord's Tyrant's Grasp - Group 1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.