GM ShadowLord's Tyrant's Grasp - Group 1

Game Master The Rising Phoenix

Roll 20

LOOT!


1,001 to 1,050 of 1,374 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>

DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Ok in that case subtract five damage Marya, only taking 3. Everyone up for round six!


female human sorceress 3 | HP 15/15; THP 0/0; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +2, R +4, W +4 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Per +3 Immolation Aura 1/3rnds | Spells: 1st 1/6

Have I made it up to their level yet with the prince? Not gonna be able to look at the map until tonight after work since rolld20 doesn't work here.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Currently it’s a tad tight up top with everyone crowded around the entrance. There is no room to stand on the exit from the ladder and you would need to pas through some allies and baddies to get an opening. You are directly underneath of the floor, ready to move out if/when a space opens.


female human sorceress 3 | HP 15/15; THP 0/0; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +2, R +4, W +4 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Per +3 Immolation Aura 1/3rnds | Spells: 1st 1/6

K, makes sense. If an opening appears that won't put me next to the hounds I'll move up, otherwise I am practicing my Monkey Impersonation hanging off of things.

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 31/33 [37/39 Rage] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

Vlad takes more punishment than anyone should be able to take, doing little to avoid the damage. He attempts to break free of the grapple, then regathers some of his strength as he prepares to counterattack.

If I do escape, I'll take 5' step to the northwest.

CMB: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 5 + 2 = 21

lay on hands 1/day: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Also, I do have diehard, so I shouldn't go down at negative hp. Also, I don't die until -20 hp.


M Human Paladin of Sarenrae 1/Oracle of Life 2 | HP 27/27 | AC 19/13/16 | F +4, R +3, W +5 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | Scimitar +2 (1d6) | Longbow +5 (1d8) | Init -1 | Perception -1 (Deaf)

Wincing at the punishment meted to his companions, Damian does his best to hasten the demise of the closest creature, drawing the bow as far as he can manage before letting loose another arrow.

Attack yellow, PBS, deadly Aim: 1d20 + 4 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 1 - 4 = 3 Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 2 = 8


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 17/19* | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 30' | F +4* R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: *3 Con damage

Vlad, why to the Northwest? Do you not want to be adjacent to us?

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 31/33 [37/39 Rage] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

Just trying to open the way for more people to get into the action, since it seems we are all bunched up on the ladder. If that ends up being less helpful, I'll step to the northeast instead.


Channel 1/5, Bolstering Touch 3/6, Seize the Initiative 1/6
Spells Remaining:
Bless, Weapons Against Evil
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Marya calls upon Iomedae’s Inspiring Sword once more, for all her allies to see, then steps back into the corner to make room. Full round action and a five foot step

+2 sacred bonus to will saves, attack rolls, and saving throws


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 17/19* | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 30' | F +4* R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: *3 Con damage

"This way, Vlad!"
Coral readies to defend the nearest ally that faces a bite attack.

Readied Action:

Aid Another, Prone, Inspiring Sword: 1d20 + 5 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 5 - 4 + 2 = 19
+4 to AC

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 31/33 [37/39 Rage] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

Alright--I'll step to the northeast assuming I escape the grapple.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Vlad is able to break free from the psychopomp once again, moving adjacent to Coral and closer to the allies on the east side of the room. Damian's shot misses, Feena waits at the top of the ladder carrying the Prince on her shoulder and Marya gives Iomedae's blessing to her companions.

With Marya moving back, there is now an opening up top if Feena wants to come up. However she is in a similar situation as Coral, it will provoke since the esobok is adjacent. Does she want to climb up?

The first esobok moves up and continues to slash Vlad with its two claws, connecting on both strikes (6+5=11 damage). It leans in to bite Vlad just as Coral yanks him backwards, helping him stay out of range from the terrifying bite attack.

Meanwhile, Marya is slashed once by the eosbok and it finally manages to take a bite of her chest. It tugs and tugs, but still isn't able to pull her soul free of her body. (4+8=12 damage)

R7: Psychopomps, Feena, Coral, Vlad, Marya, Damian

GM:

Vlad
Claw: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Claw: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Bite: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Grab: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Marya
Claw: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Claw: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Bite: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Grab: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 17/19* | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 30' | F +4* R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: *3 Con damage

Coral will Aid Another on Vlad's attack.
Aid Another, Prone: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 5 - 4 = 16
+4 to hit, Vlad.

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 31/33 [37/39 Rage] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

Blood flows freely from Vlad's wounds. His ability to sustain punishment and remain on his feet, whether through formidable physical stamina or adamant force of will, is uncanny.

He raises his warhammer and lets it fall on the wounded enemy, striking with great power despite his grievous wounds.

"Blood washes my eyes and cleanses my vision!" he exclaims.

Adamantine warhammer (power attack, inspiring sword, RAGE!, aid another): 1d20 + 5 + 2 - 1 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 5 + 2 - 1 + 2 + 4 = 301d8 + 7 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 3 = 15

I BELIEVE that puts me at -9/25 without temp hit points, or -5/29 with temp hit points. With Diehard, I am still up and can take an action. I could very well die with another hit like that, though I remain up now.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

As Feena ascends the ladder with the Prince on her shoulder, he takes a look at the two esobok's tearing apart the party and smiles menacingly. He tries to talk, most likely a taunt, but his words are lost in the gag.

His banter stops when Vlad utterly obliterates the esobok who had been tormenting him. His hammer hits the creature so hard that it slams backwards into the wall before punching through its chest, dropping the creature to the floor unconscious.

RED IS DOWN!


Channel 1/5, Bolstering Touch 3/6, Seize the Initiative 1/6
Spells Remaining:
Bless, Weapons Against Evil
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Marya is nothing but angry as she falls unconscious, not knowing if she would ever get to wake up again. She is not ready to go, damn it, and she sure as hells won’t be going down to a couple of random psychopomps.

Stabilize (DC 10): 1d20 + 1 - 6 ⇒ (20) + 1 - 6 = 15


female human sorceress 3 | HP 15/15; THP 0/0; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +2, R +4, W +4 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Per +3 Immolation Aura 1/3rnds | Spells: 1st 1/6

Realizing that she couldn't do much to help, she certainly couldn't get up there without getting killed, Feena decided it was time to try and do something to help. She could only hope that she could live with herself for what she was about to do. Keeping one hand on the ladder she grabbed the prince and was about to try and chuck him up and over the strange creature above her as a distraction. When the prince started to try and get mouthy she felt any hesitancy she had go away and then heard him stop short as Vlad too one down.

The realization that they might pull through caused her to hold back and sh glared at the prince a moment before she turned her gaze to the thing above her and called out, "Hey! You better run while you can before my friends end you!"
Intimidate (demoralize): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 31/33 [37/39 Rage] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

Damian, do you have any heals you could throw our way? Vlad's player is not feeling as confident as his character at -5 hp. XD


M Human Paladin of Sarenrae 1/Oracle of Life 2 | HP 27/27 | AC 19/13/16 | F +4, R +3, W +5 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | Scimitar +2 (1d6) | Longbow +5 (1d8) | Init -1 | Perception -1 (Deaf)

It was no use trying to slay the esoboks with arrows, not in this tight space and with the chaotic fighting happening. Instead, Damian focuses on keeping his companions alive, especially that stoneheaded Vlad who seemed to be so efficient at both keeping the tender attention of the esoboks on him, and at taking them down with powerful swings of his hammer.

He looks mournfully towards Marya's fallen form, knowing he wouldn't be able to reach her through the press of the bodies. He will attend to her later. Stay alive, Marya, stay alive.

CLW Vlad: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

The psychopomp spins to Vlad now that Marya is down, the big man clearly being the biggest threat. It slashes his claws at him twice, but only the second one cuts through his flesh (4 damage). Following that up with a bite, it lunges toward him with its teeth and sinks them them into his body, or it should have had Coral not pulled Vlad by the back of breastplate yanking him out of the way while Feena says nasty things to it that seemingly frustrate it.

Missing with its second attack, it screeches and howls defiantly in anger.

R8: Psychopomp, Feena, Coral, Vlad, Marya, Damian

GM:

Claw Attack Vlad: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 6 - 2 = 9
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Claw Attack Vlad: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 6 - 2 = 20
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Bite Attack Vlad: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 6 - 2 = 17
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Grab Attack Vlad: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 6 - 2 = 13

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 31/33 [37/39 Rage] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

Coral, are you planning to aid me again? If so, I'll delay my attack until after you've gone.


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 17/19* | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 30' | F +4* R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: *3 Con damage

Aid Another, Prone: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 5 - 4 = 4
Nuts.
"Kill it!"

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 31/33 [37/39 Rage] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

Vlad holds his arms wide, inviting additional pain. Stepping to the other side of the psychopomp to flank with Feena, he grips his warhammer with both hands and sends it toward the enemy in a devastating arc.

"Everything clarified!" he exclaims.

adamantine warhammer (power attack, flank, RAGE!): 1d20 + 5 + 2 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 5 + 2 - 1 + 2 = 181d8 + 7 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 7 + 3 = 18


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

And with Vlad's mighty swing, the battle comes to an end. The psychoomps head explodes in disgusting fashion, sending bits of matter all over the room in different directions.

The heroes have won their most challenging encounter yet, living to fight another day. Well mostly, Marya is still bleeding out on the floor.

The prince sighs dejectedly underneath the gag.

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 31/33 [37/39 Rage] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

Vlad, covered in gore and multiple bleeding wounds, sways on his feet but still stands. How he is doing so is beyond comprehension, as the punishment he has taken would down most men.

"The gods watch over us," he says as he sits against the wall.

"We must rest--though Iomedae has made us mighty today, this mortal vessel has limits."

He tries to administer to Marya, though he doesn't have much skill in that himself.

heal: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 17/19* | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 30' | F +4* R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: *3 Con damage

"That was..."
The halfling is speechless for a moment.
"You saved us, Vlad. The Inheritor was with you."

Coral staggers to her feet, draws her sword, and moves past Vlad so she is not in the healers' way to Marya.
If anything comes before we can heal Vlad, it's up to me.

"Damian, Feena, can either of do you anything for Vlad and Marya... and me?"

We found a Bead of Healing from a Strand of Prayer Beads, right? That can do a CSW 1/day - we might want to know who is carrying that if we have another fight like this. Not saying we should use it now though.


M Human Paladin of Sarenrae 1/Oracle of Life 2 | HP 27/27 | AC 19/13/16 | F +4, R +3, W +5 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | Scimitar +2 (1d6) | Longbow +5 (1d8) | Init -1 | Perception -1 (Deaf)

As soon as the second esobok is vanquished, Damian makes his way to Marya's side and calls upon Sarenrae's blessing to heal his companions.

Channel x 2: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 4) = 6 Those were all my channels for the day.

He smiles sadly at Coral and the others. "That is all I can do for now, I'm afraid. I'm not even sure how it is that I can do it, it's not anything that I learned as a paladin, but I am grateful for the Everlight's infinite kindness in this. And... for the future, please know that some of the healing magic I now wield seems to require close contact with the subject. I will ask for your permission whenever I am able, but..." He turns to Coral, spreading his palms out. "You were unconscious, and I could not ask you. I apologize for touching you."

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 31/33 [37/39 Rage] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

Vlad smiles grimly as the invigorating healing brings him back from the brink of death.

He first addresses Coral. "The Inheritor was indeed with me, and with all of us. Give your praise to her, not to me."

Once back on his feet, he says "We will yet test ourselves and battle on. Thank you for healing us, Damian," he says as he looks at the paladin curiously.

"But pray tell, why would you apologize for your life-saving touch? Or ask permission to save a life? Who here would turn down a blessing from the gods?" he says as he looks at the others.

I'll remember Fey Foundling from now on, so I receive 10 hp back, putting me at 8/25. I used 4 rounds of rage, so have 2 left for the day.


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 17/19* | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 30' | F +4* R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: *3 Con damage

Coral raises an eyebrow at Damian.
"Uh... no problem.
Thank you? Thank you."

After a moment's hesitation, she speaks frankly to the dubious paladin.
"Look, Damian, I had to grab Vlad here a couple of times to yank him out of the way of that thing's jaws. We're all trying to survive. You can assume it is okay to touch me if I am bleeding to death in the future. Or even if I'm busy fighting. Or if there's a gap I can't jump across. I trust you."
Is he trying so hard to not be creepy that it's almost creepy? Or maybe he has some weird religious taboos? I think he's just a bit odd. I don't think he means any harm. Well, I can take care of myself.

An irreverent oath comes to mind as she looks between Vlad and Damian. Thovaas... another occasional member of our "adventuring group" as kids... Always wanted to be the 'cleric' and bring along some wine. What was it he would say? Oh yes... 'By Cayden's Mighty Codpiece, we've got some strange folk here!'
Despite the horror, she stifles a chuckle.

Damian also has spells, right? Coral is nearly full (12/15), Marya is at 0/17, Vlad is 8/25. There is also the Bead of Healing, and Marya's spells and channels once she is up, and according to the loot sheet a few potions of CLW. Also an unidentified wand that is not on that sheet.


Channel 1/5, Bolstering Touch 3/6, Seize the Initiative 1/6
Spells Remaining:
Bless, Weapons Against Evil
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

We need to be efficient with our healing, so I say we hold off on the bead of healing, as average healing on it is more than anyone would have left after a couple channels. Also, the bead can also be used to remove blindness/deafness or remove disease, and I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up needing either of those

Marya opens her eyes to a quiet room, the two psychopomps finally downed and everyone badly injured, including herself. She knew this wouldn't be the place she died. She had too much left to do. Judging by the wounds, Vlad was the one to finish off the psychopomps. Thanks, Iomedae, for that hammer. I owe you. You can add it to my tab. She closes her eyes and taps herself with a healing spell.

Marya sacrifices her domain spell for a heal spell on herself so she doesn't fall unconsioucs again

Cure Light Wounds (blessed touch): 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 2 + 1 = 11

Feeling quite significantly better, she leverages herself up and sighs.

"Don't give Damian a hard time. He's just trying to be thoughtful. You'll all be getting your heals."

Marya then waits until the party get a in a position in which the psychopomps won't get healed to, then uses a couple channels.

Valor Channel (blessed touch): 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 Everyone heals 3, Vlad heals 4 cause of fey foundling
Valor Channel (blessed touch): 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 Everyone heals 2, Vlad heals 3

Seeing how injured Vlad still is, she throws in one last spell. "Sorry, Mr. Scars, but after that scrap, I'm gonna have to top you off. Things are too tense for us to be going in at anything less than 100%." She figured him ending the threat and saving her life deserved a bit of recognition, so he has graduated from Scarboy to Mr. Scars for the time being. "Good job with the hammer, by the way. It seems Iomedae really did want you to have it."

Sacrificing Weapons Against Evil
Cure Light Wounds (blessed touch): 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 2 + 1 = 10

Everyone should be at full now


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

When the group is ready, they finally take a chance to look around the room again.

This long room atop the gatehouse has several narrow arrow slits to the north and south. Each is 2 feet high and only a few inches wide. The room is bare except for a ladder descending from an alcove at the room’s eastern end. A low door stands in the center of the north wall, with a small, square window at the typical eye level for a human. The window is inset with a small metal grill, which has been stuffed with humanoid teeth.

After Coral checks the door and declares it clear, Vlad swings it open and reveals a long bridge that stretches from the door at the top of the guardhouse to a door at the top of the palace. The southern half of the bridge arches above the courtyard 30 feet below. The northern half of the bridge has a drop of only 10 feet to the roof of the castle below. The bridge is only a few feet wide and has no handholds or railings. The door at the north end of the bridge is flanked by several narrow windows, each 2 feet tall and only a few inches wide.


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 17/19* | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 30' | F +4* R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: *3 Con damage

"Great. See those arrow slits everywhere? Here in this room, and then again on the far side, all those narrow windows in the palace. With the Queen at war with the Prince, I bet she has archers covering that bridge. There's no cover for us, and no way to hide."
Coral takes a deep breath.
"I could make a run for it and try to get to that far door and see if it even opens. If I get to the far side of the bridge, I can probably jump down to the palace roof if I am under attack."

Then she pauses.

"Or, we go across holding Prince Uspid aloft like a trophy, and see if that gets us passage."


Channel 1/5, Bolstering Touch 3/6, Seize the Initiative 1/6
Spells Remaining:
Bless, Weapons Against Evil
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Marya looks at the bridge and crosses her arms and shakes her head. ”Trust fey to not have basic safety measures.”

Marya gives Coral a thumbs-up. ”Of those, I say we declare ourselves and mention the prince, then move forward carefully, showing him off.”

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 31/33 [37/39 Rage] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

Marya, thanks for the heals. I actually receive an additional 2 points per die rolled, so the first channels give me 14, which puts me at 22/25. Though I'm happy to be topped off, I think you should save the spell for later. We seem to need it! :)

Vlad feels greatly invigorated by Marya's and Damien's healing. "I do not begrudge you healing my wounds," Vlad says after some consideration.

"I have never felt so close to death as I just did--I have never felt so ALIVE! Now I may battle on and receive more testing, and more scars!"

Looking across the bridge, he says "Though I think our stealthy Coral has a chance to sneak across without being spotted, perhaps I should go first, or we should reveal the prince-ling and tell them we want to parlay."


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 17/19* | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 30' | F +4* R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: *3 Con damage

"I can't hide behind motes of dust in the air. Any archer behind those windows would spot me.
Let's reveal the Prince and say we want to parlay. You, Marya, and I seem agreed on that. Are you willing to do the honors, Vlad?
Okay, Your Highness, you get to go back to your friend Vlad."

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 31/33 [37/39 Rage] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

Vlad nods at Coral. "I have seen you sneaking around--I believe motes would be enough. But I like this idea better. Prince-ling, you shall go first!"

Vlad takes the fey price and sets him down first, then none-too-gently pushes him forward. Vlad walks behind the price, waiting for someone to hail them.

I'll actually just start walking across and see what happens behind cover from the prince.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Vlad moves out slowly with the prince in front of him, waiting for a volley of arrows. After waiting several seconds and determining that there are no inbound projectiles, he slowly begins to advance.

The prince screams and shakes in protest violently as Vlad marches forward, holding tightly on to his royal highness. He screams under his gag as she tries to say something over and over, but all that comes out is muffled words. When Vlad is halfway across the bridge something unexpected occurs, he suddenly is extremely tired and can barely keep his eyes open.

Vlad please make a will save.

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 31/33 [37/39 Rage] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

Vlad, who had so resolutely stood against tooth and claw, crumples under the onslaught of few magic. With a confused expression on his face, he falls to a knee and then on top of the fey prince.

Will: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Vlad falls victim to the magical spell and instantly falls asleep which causes him to drop the prince on the bridge. The prince is breathing in and out rapidly, screaming as he is let go onto the narrow 3' surface that the human is walking on. Once the human falls on top of him however, things get very bad. The bump of Vlad's weight causes the prince to roll off the edge of the bridge, falling 30' down below.

Vlad - It's a DC15 reflex save to not fall of the bridge. Keep in mind your penalties from being helpless (Dex of 0). If you fall please take 3d6 falling damage.

The Exchange

Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 31/33 [37/39 Rage] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

Vlad's fall propels him over the side of the narrow bridge, and he falls thirty feet to the hard surface below.

refl save (0 Dex): 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (15) - 3 = 12

fall dmg: 3d6 ⇒ (4, 4, 5) = 13 ouch


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 17/19* | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 30' | F +4* R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: *3 Con damage

Did we see or hear anybody casting a spell?
It could be a magical trap, in which case Coral is the best to go across.


Channel 1/5, Bolstering Touch 3/6, Seize the Initiative 1/6
Spells Remaining:
Bless, Weapons Against Evil
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

I am a fool and I just finally remembered what Marya's campaign trait does! Once a day she can let someone within 30 ft reroll a failed save because they want to succeed just to spite her. I already checked with the GM in discord, and he said the distance is fine

So reroll your will save, Vlad! Remember all those times Marya teased you and show her what-for!

The Exchange

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Human Fighter 1 / Barbarian 2 | HP 31/33 [37/39 Rage] | AC 18 [15 Rage]; Tch 12; FF 16 | F +8; R +2; W +3 | CMB+6; CMD 17 | Speed 40 ft | Init +2 | Heavy Flail: +6 (1d10+4/19-20) | Perc +7

:O

Vlad's eyes close and he begins to pitch forward. For all the horrendous punishment he had taken and remained standing, some slip in the fabric of reality, some fey trick, would be his undoing.

He could already see himself landing on the narrow bridge, then tumbling off the side, thirty feet to the hard, unforgiving ground below.

He could already hear Marya chiding him in the enigmatic, matriarchal way that she had.

If only you'd be more careful, Mr. Scars! If your mind were strong, like a grizzled veteran of the Glorious Reclamation like I am, your mind would be steeled against such simple tricks!

For some reason this thought, more than falling and probably dying, nagged at his mind like nothing else.

NO!

Before the brief thought of his death by falling is even out of his mind, his eyes abruptly jerk open, and he staggers before righting himself.

Just to spite Marya--to show her for all the times she had ribbed him--he would not succumb!

Will save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

Holy cow--Marya's awesome! Well done! :D


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 17/19* | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 30' | F +4* R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: *3 Con damage

Coral sees Vlad stagger, and rushes up behind him.
Shake it Off bonus on any future saves - +2 due to a feat Coral has.

She takes her bow in hand and scans the windows.
"We have Prince Uspid! We wish to speak to the Queen!"


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

The Prince squirms in Vlad's grasp, trying to free himself once again. From inside of the arrow slits Vlad and Coral a flutter of movement very quickly, but whatever it was is too small to see in the dimly lit room as it moves past your light of sight. A small tinny voice calls out "The Prince is not welcome here!"

The party recognizes the small voice as that which likely belongs to more tooth fairies. Upon hearing the voice, Prince Uspid makes a serious attempt to break free from Vlad's grasp, even though it is likely a lost cause. The mention of his name from the other side has lit a new fire in hi and he fights with everything he has, screaming and kicking and thrashing about.

His movement doesn't threaten Vlad dropping him, but he causes the bridge to begin to sway slightly from the movement. Coral and Vlad both make a DC 7 acrobatics check to balance yourselves and prevent from falling.

1d20 ⇒ 6


Channel 1/5, Bolstering Touch 3/6, Seize the Initiative 1/6
Spells Remaining:
Bless, Weapons Against Evil
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Marya sees the rocking bridge and immediately tries to steady it and hold it as still as possible.

Not sure what to roll for that, so I’ll try strength check

Strength Check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

While she tries to hold the bridge as tight as she can, she calls out.

”THE PRINCE IS OUR PRISONER. LITTLE F@+~ER TRIED TO KILL US CAUSE WE DIDN’T WANT TO KILL THE QUEEN FOR HIM. WE THOUGHT SHE’D LIKE TO DECIDE WHAT TO DO WITH HIM.”


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Marya drops prone to the ground and grabs a hold of both sides of the bridge, steadying it the best she can and tries to reduce the swaying.

One of the fey responds "We will check with Queen. One moment."

Several minutes pass by before the fey returns and says "The Queen wishes you to execute the Prince and bring his dead body back to her. If you do this, she will grant you and audience and look favorably upon you. These are her conditions and they are non-negotiable."

Needless to say, Prince Uspid doesn't take this news particularly well and continues wildly thrashing about, trying to throw himself over the bridge.


F Halfling Rog2/Ftr1 | HP 17/19* | AC 18, T 14, FF 15, CMD 15 | Mv 30' | F +4* R +8 W +2, +4 vs fear, Shake it Off | Init +3 | Per +9 (+10 traps) | Active: *3 Con damage

"Well... it feels uncomfortable, but the fact is that execution is the usual sentence for treason. As a wise man once said, there is only one mitigating factor for rebellion, and that is if you win. You took a gamble, Prince, and came up short.
The ways of the fey are not our own. We have the expressed wish of the lawful sovereign here. She has said her terms are non-negotiable."

Coral is not happy, but is resigned to executing the Prince for treason. She would like to kill both the Prince and Queen, but doesn't know if the party can pull it off. If anybody else has some brilliant ideas, happy to hear them.


Channel 1/5, Bolstering Touch 3/6, Seize the Initiative 1/6
Spells Remaining:
Bless, Weapons Against Evil
Spells/Effects Active:
AC 17 T 10 FF 17 | Current HP 24/24| F +4 R +1 W +7 (+1 vs illusion+charm)| Init +0 | Perc +3

Marya would sigh if her jaw wasn’t tight from the exertion of holding the bridge steady. ”I don’t like it either, but I agree with Coral. She has every right to request that, given the situation. Besides, if I remember correctly, he’s just going to reincarnate back on the First World. Pharasma doesn’t include fey in Her River of Souls.”

Marya has made her dislike of fey quite noticeable, so she is likewise expecting to have to fight the queen, too. She also knows that fighting her on this bridge outside is prob not the best idea


female human sorceress 3 | HP 15/15; THP 0/0; N/L 0/10 | AC 12, TAC 12, FF 10 | F +2, R +4, W +4 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Init +2 | Per +3 Immolation Aura 1/3rnds | Spells: 1st 1/6

Feena gasped when she saw Vlad almost fall to his likely death and knew the Prince would die too. That he managed to stave off whatever was done to him was a surprise, but a good one, and Feena breathed a sigh of relief.

As Marya spoke to the fey they could not see and heard the requirement Feena winced. She didn't like the idea of murdering the prince now that he was helpless, her earlier threats to the contrary, but she supposed, from a certain point of view this wouldn't be murder but carrying out the will of the reigning monarch on a traitor. "I don't like this, if we were in battle with him that would be one thing but this doesn't feel right to me. Still," her voice trailed off a moment as she turned to face away from the pending execution, "he reaps what he sows."

1,001 to 1,050 of 1,374 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM ShadowLord's Tyrant's Grasp - Group 1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.