GM Tyranius Tyrant's Grasp

Game Master Tyranius

Tactical Map
Treasure Sheet
Bottle Caps: Aishe (0); Atium (1); Tessenarin (1); Vanyan (0); Vinas (0)


2,901 to 2,950 of 3,423 << first < prev | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | next > last >>

Atium steps back.
Let's see this thing try to fit through that doorway!
Shakra stockmarket Bull!

Now a test between the bears and the bulls! And I already know who is going to win!

Contingent action, if bear moves within striking distance, attack!

attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29 claw damage: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

Dark Archive

Tyrant's Grasp | | Age of Ashes | | Dead Suns | |

Vinas is up.


Male LG Human | HP 83/83| AC 26 T 11 FF 26 | CMB +11, CMD 21 | F: +14 R: +9, W: +14 | Init: +0 | Perc: +13, SM: +13
Class Abilities:
  • Favored Enemy: Undead (+2)
  • Divine Bond: 1/1
  • Lay on Hands: 10/10 (3d6)
  • Aura of Courage
  • Aura of Good: Moderate
  • Smite Evil: 2/2
  • Vinas stands next to Atium and likewise hold his blade high:

    Readied Action:

    ATK: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 11 + 2 = 24 for DMG: 1d8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 2 = 7

    Dark Archive

    Tyrant's Grasp | | Age of Ashes | | Dead Suns | |

    Vinas and Atium wait while magical dust from Vanyan's dust coat's its rotten fur. Tessenarin form magical around everyone's weapons just as the mutated bear smashes through the door. It's large frame squeezing every inch of the chamber as weapon after weapon beats into it's face.

    It bites and claws at Vinas and Atium in anger, the wounds quickly healing as the decayed fur stitches back together.

    Claw 1 vs Atium AC 23; glitter bomb; squeeze: 1d20 + 13 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 13 - 2 - 4 = 27
    Confirm Crit: 1d20 + 13 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 13 - 2 - 4 = 26
    Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
    Crit Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

    Claw 2 vs Vinas AC 24; glitter bomb; squeeze: 1d20 + 13 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 13 - 2 - 4 = 27
    Confirm Crit: 1d20 + 13 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 13 - 2 - 4 = 8
    Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

    Bite vs Atium AC 23; glitter bomb; squeeze: 1d20 + 13 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 13 - 2 - 4 = 26
    Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

    Even with the bear shoved into the doorframe it is just as deadly as it claws and scraps the frontliners.

    Round 3
    Aishe (46/46; Misfortune Curse)
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Mutated Dire Bear (-17 ;-2 att 3 rounds)
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Round 2
    Vinas (51/73; Barkskin +3)
    Vanyan (38/45; 1 str drain)
    Atium (29/86; Raging 43/100; Barkskin +3; MCaE)
    Tessenarin (45/45)


    Male Human | AC 22 T 17 FF 16 | CMB +7, CMD 22 | F: +10 R: +14, W: +8 | Init: +7 | Perc: +13, SM: +10

    Round: 3

    Status:
    HP: 46/46 | AC: 18 (f13/t15)
    Conditions = cursed (-4 on d20s, crits confirm)
    Weapon Equipped = Crossbow
    Cold Iron Bolts = 0/15 (3 miss)
    Silver Blanch, Cold Iron Bolts = 5/5
    Crossbow: Attack: BAB +7/+2, Dex +5, Masterwork +1, (Deadly Aim -2, Rapid Shot -2) Damage: Dex +5, (Deadly Aim +4)(crit 19-20 x3)
    Melee: Attack: BAB +7/+2 Damage: +0
    Grit = 2/4
    Ranger Focus (sw, +2 att, dam, skills) = 0/1
    Lay on Hands = 1/1 (d6)

    Expecting something big, Aishe is still impressed by the size and ferocity of the thing pushing it’s way through the door. He takes his shots, praying to Abadar on his last for extra guidance.* He again withholds his deadly aim in the hopes of scoring some actual hits.

    Crossbow (cold iron): 1d20 + 11 - 6 ⇒ (9) + 11 - 6 = 14 (PB, curse, song, cover) damage: 1d8 + 5 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 3 = 13 (PB, song)
    Crossbow (cold iron): 1d20 + 11 - 6 ⇒ (10) + 11 - 6 = 15 (PB, curse, song, cover) damage: 1d8 + 5 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 3 = 9 (PB, song)
    Touch Attack Crossbow (cold iron): 1d20 + 6 - 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 - 6 = 4 (PB, curse, song, cover) damage: 1d8 + 5 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 3 = 13 (PB, song)

    * Sharp Shoot (Ex): Resolve attack against touch AC when firing at a target within the first range increment.

    Sadly, the curse, combined with cover, may have caused every single shot to miss. Again.


    Male LG Human | HP 83/83| AC 26 T 11 FF 26 | CMB +11, CMD 21 | F: +14 R: +9, W: +14 | Init: +0 | Perc: +13, SM: +13
    Class Abilities:
  • Favored Enemy: Undead (+2)
  • Divine Bond: 1/1
  • Lay on Hands: 10/10 (3d6)
  • Aura of Courage
  • Aura of Good: Moderate
  • Smite Evil: 2/2
  • "What manner of beast is this?!" Vinas side steps to the side of the bear and brings his blade down twice:

    ATK 1: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 11 + 2 = 26 for DMG: 1d8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 2 = 11
    1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 2 = 13 for DMG: 1d8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 2 = 7


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 11/33 (3379)**wand CMW 33/33**wand lesser resto 13/13 **2CLW(full, lvl8 buy)
    Stats:
    AC 18; F5/R6/W14; Arcana+12,Heal+10,Hist+11,Local+12,Nat+12,Pln+12,Rel+12,Perc+18,SenMot+6,Sp ell+13(+6 more magic ID)

    Round 2

    Vanyan watches as the bear tears through his goons quickly, even while glittered.

    ”Wow *Wank*! You might have found your match in every way...ferocity, smell, roaring...everything,” Vanyan says, casting Produce Flame and moving to get out of the way.

    He tosses a small ball of fire at the foe.

    1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 6 - 4 = 4 Touch to hit;
    1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 fire damage. 1/7 used

    Bear takes -2 to attacks for 3-1 more total rounds, no save and "causes the target to shed light as a candle, and it cannot benefit from concealment or any invisibility effects."

    Vanstats:

    +6 ranged touch

    [ dice]1d20+4[/dice] vs. DC10 to aid

    hp: 41/45
    AC: 16/14/12
    Saves: F5/R6/W10

    Broken Lightbox: 0/1 used
    PoP 2: 0/1 used
    PoP 1: 0/1 used
    GlitterYourFace: 0/2 used
    Extend Metamagic: 2/3 used

    Quantum Leaps used:
    Pathfinder Carry: 0/7 used
    Staff of Courage: 6/10 charges left

    Bless (1 charge)
    Remove fear (1 charge)
    Prayer (2 charges)
    Remove paralysis (2 charges)


    TEssenarin keeps singing and moves into a better position, takes a long draw on his bow, and shoots.

    longbow: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
    damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10


    Through gritted teeth!
    Yes, but I have something the bear doesn't have. I have friends, and it is a sad shadow of life. Lonely life.
    By myself, it might best me, but you are all my friends and it stands no chance.

    attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29 claw damage: 1d8 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18 are my claws and bite magical with song? This assumes yes.

    attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21 claw damage: 1d8 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17 are my claws and bite magical with song?

    attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25 bitedamage: 1d4 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15 are my claws and bite magical with song?


    I don't think so, as that requires something different.

    Dark Archive

    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Tyrant's Grasp | | Age of Ashes | | Dead Suns | |

    @Atium- I don't see why the song wouldn't work on all of your natural weapons as well.

    Vinas hacks into the bears thick neck to try and decapitate it quickly before it tears them to shreds. Vanyan's ball of fire flops out onto the floor while Atium manages to dig a clawed hand across it's snout, ripping it open like a cloth sack.

    Tessenarin plunks and arrow into the nearly empty eye socket where a semi-clear goo oozes from while cursed Aishes curses, his curse.

    Claw 1 vs Atium AC 23; glitter bomb; squeeze: 1d20 + 13 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 13 - 2 - 4 = 8
    Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
    Crit Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

    Claw 2 vs Vinas AC 24; glitter bomb; squeeze: 1d20 + 13 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 13 - 2 - 4 = 16
    Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

    Bite vs Atium AC 23; glitter bomb; squeeze: 1d20 + 13 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 13 - 2 - 4 = 17
    Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

    The bear gets stuck as it reaches for the pair.

    Round 4
    Aishe (46/46; Misfortune Curse)
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Mutated Dire Bear (-50 ;-2 att 3 rounds)
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Round 3
    Vinas (51/73; Barkskin +3)
    Vanyan (38/45; 1 str drain)
    Atium (29/86; Raging 43/100; Barkskin +3; MCaE)
    Tessenarin (45/45)


    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 11/33 (3379)**wand CMW 33/33**wand lesser resto 13/13 **2CLW(full, lvl8 buy)
    Stats:
    AC 18; F5/R6/W14; Arcana+12,Heal+10,Hist+11,Local+12,Nat+12,Pln+12,Rel+12,Perc+18,SenMot+6,Sp ell+13(+6 more magic ID)

    Round 3

    Vanyan tosses a small ball of fire at the foe.

    1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 6 - 4 = 8 Touch to hit;
    1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 fire damage.  1/7 used

    Bear takes -2 to attacks for 3-1-1 more total rounds, no save and "causes the target to shed light as a candle, and it cannot benefit from concealment or any invisibility effects."

    Vanstats:

    +6 ranged touch

    [ dice]1d20+4[/dice] vs. DC10 to aid

    hp:  41/45
    AC: 16/14/12
    Saves: F5/R6/W10

    Broken Lightbox: 0/1 used
    PoP 2: 0/1 used
    PoP 1: 0/1 used
    GlitterYourFace: 0/2 used
    Extend Metamagic: 2/3 used

    Quantum Leaps used:
    Pathfinder Carry: 0/7 used
    Staff of Courage: 6/10 charges left

    Bless (1 charge)
    Remove fear (1 charge)
    Prayer (2 charges)
    Remove paralysis (2 charges)


    Male Human | AC 22 T 17 FF 16 | CMB +7, CMD 22 | F: +10 R: +14, W: +8 | Init: +7 | Perc: +13, SM: +10

    Round: 4

    Status:
    HP: 46/46 | AC: 18 (f13/t15)
    Conditions = cursed (-4 on d20s, crits confirm)
    Weapon Equipped = Crossbow
    Cold Iron Bolts = 0/15 (3 miss)
    Silver Blanch, Cold Iron Bolts = 3/5
    Crossbow: Attack: BAB +7/+2, Dex +5, Masterwork +1, (Deadly Aim -2, Rapid Shot -2) Damage: Dex +5, (Deadly Aim +4)(crit 19-20 x3)
    Melee: Attack: BAB +7/+2 Damage: +0
    Grit = 2/4
    Ranger Focus (sw, +2 att, dam, skills) = 0/1
    Lay on Hands = 1/1 (d6)

    Concerned about his dwindling supply of bolts, and luck, he takes more careful aim with just a pair of bolts.

    Crossbow (cold iron): 1d20 + 11 - 6 ⇒ (11) + 11 - 6 = 16 (PB, curse, song, cover) damage: 1d8 + 5 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 3 = 12 (PB, song)
    Crossbow (cold iron): 1d20 + 11 - 6 ⇒ (12) + 11 - 6 = 17 (PB, curse, song, cover) damage: 1d8 + 5 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 3 = 9 (PB, song)


    more singing and another arrow shot.

    longbow: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
    damage: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

    Teseenarin is impressed that he actually hit twice in a row with his bow.


    See, it's my friends that plunk you with arrow. Out goes your useless eyes, while I chop off your limbs.

    claw: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12 damage: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18

    claw: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25 damage: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

    bite: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 damage: 1d4 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14


    Male LG Human | HP 83/83| AC 26 T 11 FF 26 | CMB +11, CMD 21 | F: +14 R: +9, W: +14 | Init: +0 | Perc: +13, SM: +13
    Class Abilities:
  • Favored Enemy: Undead (+2)
  • Divine Bond: 1/1
  • Lay on Hands: 10/10 (3d6)
  • Aura of Courage
  • Aura of Good: Moderate
  • Smite Evil: 2/2
  • "Press my friends! PRESS!" Vinas swings hard:

    ATK: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 11 + 2 = 15
    ATK: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 6 + 2 = 16

    Yet again his zeal eclipses his skill and luck.

    Dark Archive

    Tyrant's Grasp | | Age of Ashes | | Dead Suns | |

    Hits are difficult to come by as very little of the bear shows itself outside of its head and shoulders. Though it seems enough as Atium claws at it's neck and Tessenarin puts another arrow into its face.

    The bear slumps into the doorway and you have to climb over it's corpse to make into the room beyond. The room is in absolute shambles and there doesn't look to be anything of use within.

    Player Status:

    Aishe (46/46; Misfortune Curse)
    Vinas (51/73; Barkskin +3)
    Vanyan (38/45; 1 str drain)
    Atium (29/86; Raging 43/100; Barkskin +3; MCaE)
    Tessenarin (45/45)


    "One wonders why there was a bear in here."


    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 11/33 (3379)**wand CMW 33/33**wand lesser resto 13/13 **2CLW(full, lvl8 buy)
    Stats:
    AC 18; F5/R6/W14; Arcana+12,Heal+10,Hist+11,Local+12,Nat+12,Pln+12,Rel+12,Perc+18,SenMot+6,Sp ell+13(+6 more magic ID)

    Once he is sure the bear is not, uh, playing dead, Vanyan will move into the room to look around with Detect Magic.

    GM Tyranius, is there a backstory for the bear that you can share in a spoiler? Like Tess, I am super curious about it.

    1d20 + 14 ⇒ (6) + 14 = 20 Perception

    Dark Archive

    Tyrant's Grasp | | Age of Ashes | | Dead Suns | |

    Background on the bear:

    Several days ago, Chatar and her minions came across a dire bear mutated by the effects of the blast. It was blundering about in the dome of fog, immune to the poison but not to the befuddling effect of the mist. Chatar figured the Cult would want to study how the blast affected creatures that survived the blast, so she charged into combat with the bear and soon paralyzed it. Her minions dragged it back to the cathedral and were hauling it through the east vestry when it shook off the paralysis and went berserk. The cultists forced it into this room and then nailed a thick board across the door. They havn’t yet gotten around to studying the animal.

    There truly is nothing in the room but the bear.


    "It seems as if we have looked around down here all we can. Do we go upstairs now then?"


    Male LG Human | HP 83/83| AC 26 T 11 FF 26 | CMB +11, CMD 21 | F: +14 R: +9, W: +14 | Init: +0 | Perc: +13, SM: +13
    Class Abilities:
  • Favored Enemy: Undead (+2)
  • Divine Bond: 1/1
  • Lay on Hands: 10/10 (3d6)
  • Aura of Courage
  • Aura of Good: Moderate
  • Smite Evil: 2/2
  • "It seems like there is no other option here."


    1 person marked this as a favorite.

    Again, it's proven. In the long run investments, The Bull always does better than The Bear.

    Atium moves with the others towards the stairs. He heads to the right set first.

    He also seeks some healing from the wonderful wand.
    clw: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

    clw: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

    clw: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

    clw: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

    clw: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

    clw: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

    clw: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

    clw: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
    8 charges. Wow, a Barb just sucks a CLW wand dry.


    Male Human | AC 22 T 17 FF 16 | CMB +7, CMD 22 | F: +10 R: +14, W: +8 | Init: +7 | Perc: +13, SM: +10

    Status:
    HP: 46/46 | AC: 18 (f13/t15)
    Conditions = cursed (-4 on d20s, crits confirm)
    Weapon Equipped = Crossbow
    Cold Iron Bolts = 2/15
    Silver Blanch, Cold Iron Bolts = 5/5
    Crossbow: Attack: BAB +7/+2, Dex +5, Masterwork +1, (Deadly Aim -2, Rapid Shot -2) Damage: Dex +5, (Deadly Aim +4)(crit 19-20 x3)
    Melee: Attack: BAB +7/+2 Damage: +0
    Grit = 2/4
    Ranger Focus (sw, +2 att, dam, skills) = 0/1
    Lay on Hands = 1/1 (d6)

    Aishe collects his failures, and checks them for reusability. low is bad for me: 5d2 ⇒ (2, 1, 2, 2, 2) = 9

    "It's getting real tight, but I suppose I could manage one more fight. But then we really must stop to craft more bolts" he eyes his morning star dubiously. In fact, you've never seen him take it out of its sheath in all the time you've known him.

    He moves up the stairs after Atium, crossbow at the ready.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.

    I'll take care of you Ulfen brother. I hate that forge, but as soon as we see what's upstairs, I'll get back there and make you bolts.
    Keep your eyes peeled for materials you want the bolt heads made out of. You did well with the iron ones - right?

    For the first time, possibly ever, Atium gives some acknowledgement that he's earned him some friends on this endeavor and it may bypass the others, giving Aishe a compliment like calling him worthy of being "Ulfen" is a waysign of how far they have come from opening the coffin lids.


    Male Human | AC 22 T 17 FF 16 | CMB +7, CMD 22 | F: +10 R: +14, W: +8 | Init: +7 | Perc: +13, SM: +10

    "Thank you Atium. I like the weight of the cold iron, when I can get it." he agrees, following the Bull up the stairs. "...and they've proved remarkably resilient."


    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 11/33 (3379)**wand CMW 33/33**wand lesser resto 13/13 **2CLW(full, lvl8 buy)
    Stats:
    AC 18; F5/R6/W14; Arcana+12,Heal+10,Hist+11,Local+12,Nat+12,Pln+12,Rel+12,Perc+18,SenMot+6,Sp ell+13(+6 more magic ID)
    Atium of Varg wrote:

    Again, it's proven. In the long run investments, The Bull always does better than The Bear.

    8 charges. Wow, a Barb just sucks a CLW wand dry.

    Check, you suck. Got it. -8 charges.

    Vanyan looks at Aishe and offers him his longspear. "Did you want this? I can find other ways to be useful, or not. I, uh, I'll find a way," Vanyan stutters out.

    Vanyan will follow the party out and up?


    Male Human | AC 22 T 17 FF 16 | CMB +7, CMD 22 | F: +10 R: +14, W: +8 | Init: +7 | Perc: +13, SM: +10
    Vanyan Kaleseder wrote:
    Vanyan looks at Aishe and offers him his longspear. "Did you want this? I can find other ways to be useful, or not. I, uh, I'll find a way," Vanyan stutters out.

    "Thanks." he says shaking his head, "But I've a morning star if I get desperate."

    Dark Archive

    Tyrant's Grasp | | Age of Ashes | | Dead Suns | |

    Heading up the stairs four hallways intersect here in the four cardinal directions. A three-foot-high square marble pillar stands in the center of the junction, a sickly green gem the size of a human fist sitting on top of it. A black mist swirls within the gem.

    Player Status:

    Aishe (46/46; Misfortune Curse)
    Vinas (51/73; Barkskin +3)
    Vanyan (38/45; 1 str drain)
    Atium (79/86; Raging 93/100; Barkskin +3; MCaE)
    Tessenarin (45/45)


    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 11/33 (3379)**wand CMW 33/33**wand lesser resto 13/13 **2CLW(full, lvl8 buy)
    Stats:
    AC 18; F5/R6/W14; Arcana+12,Heal+10,Hist+11,Local+12,Nat+12,Pln+12,Rel+12,Perc+18,SenMot+6,Sp ell+13(+6 more magic ID)

    Keeping back from the pulsing gem of obvious evil, Vanyan casts Detect Magic and tries to puzzle out the object.

    "*Wank*? Get your hammer ready. I'm betting this is the source of the dome of death. Just maybe, maybe, we can destroy this s@~#," Vanyan says, hopeful.

    1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12 Know (Arcana)
    1d20 + 12 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 12 + 6 = 23 Spellcraft


    knowledge arcana: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26


    Male LG Human | HP 83/83| AC 26 T 11 FF 26 | CMB +11, CMD 21 | F: +14 R: +9, W: +14 | Init: +0 | Perc: +13, SM: +13
    Class Abilities:
  • Favored Enemy: Undead (+2)
  • Divine Bond: 1/1
  • Lay on Hands: 10/10 (3d6)
  • Aura of Courage
  • Aura of Good: Moderate
  • Smite Evil: 2/2
  • "I've got enough left in me to channel the judgement of Iomedae one final time this day. Atium, I'll be right with you the whole way."

    Before going up though, Vinas lays on hands one more time. 3d6 ⇒ (6, 5, 6) = 17 HP 68/73

    He approaches a bit closer and reaches out to sense anything of evil will.

    Dark Archive

    Tyrant's Grasp | | Age of Ashes | | Dead Suns | |

    Concentrating for magic and evil of the sickly green gem, both Vanyan and Vinas detect nothing at all. Something seems to be blocking the spells effects. Neither Vanyan nor Tessenarin know much about the sickly gem, other than it must be the cause of the dome of fog surrounding the town.

    The gem is a powerful artifact. Without magical divinations, the only way to learn more about it is to find a library and perform some research.


    Male LG Human | HP 83/83| AC 26 T 11 FF 26 | CMB +11, CMD 21 | F: +14 R: +9, W: +14 | Init: +0 | Perc: +13, SM: +13
    Class Abilities:
  • Favored Enemy: Undead (+2)
  • Divine Bond: 1/1
  • Lay on Hands: 10/10 (3d6)
  • Aura of Courage
  • Aura of Good: Moderate
  • Smite Evil: 2/2
  • "I don't like unsolved mysteries, and I'm going to guess that out mist problem stems from the gem, but for now there's naught we can do. Let's start working our way around the floor."

    Vinas nods to Atium before checking the door. Barring any reason for delay, he'll open it after he checks. Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17


    "I would imagine it is too much to hope that we will actually find a library up here. I am not away of anywhere in town that would have enough arcane information to research this. Perhaps Lastwall might."


    Do I smash, or do I not smash this gem? I think I can get a really good arc and follow through with the warhammer.

    Assuming they say not to smash, he joins Vinas and moves into the next room as soon as the armored friend opens the door.

    Dark Archive

    Tyrant's Grasp | | Age of Ashes | | Dead Suns | |

    Two square wooden tables, each holding a handful of bandages, bottles, and tin canisters, occupy the northwest and southeast corners of this room. A human skeleton stands attached to an upright pole in the southwest corner, and several of its bones have been painted one color or another.

    The Sarenite priests strove to remain informed about the latest advances in medicine to better aid troops injured while defending the nation. This room functioned as a kind of classroom, where those with more knowledge about anatomy and biology could instruct others in identifying symptoms of poison and disease, tending wounds, setting broken bones, and performing other medical techniques. The human skeleton (which was donated by a devoted Sarenite who died over a century ago) was used to teach students the functions of the various bones, some of which have been painted different colors to aid in instruction.

    On the table is a metallic canister containing 10 vials of antitoxin.


    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 11/33 (3379)**wand CMW 33/33**wand lesser resto 13/13 **2CLW(full, lvl8 buy)
    Stats:
    AC 18; F5/R6/W14; Arcana+12,Heal+10,Hist+11,Local+12,Nat+12,Pln+12,Rel+12,Perc+18,SenMot+6,Sp ell+13(+6 more magic ID)

    Vanyan takes careful stock and survey of the examination room. He casts Detect Magic and looks around carefully for any succor that might be found.

    1d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24 Perception

    He will take and drink one of the vials of antitoxin, just to be safe.

    ”Let us try that door next. To the south,” Vanyan directs the goon squad.


    Male LG Human | HP 83/83| AC 26 T 11 FF 26 | CMB +11, CMD 21 | F: +14 R: +9, W: +14 | Init: +0 | Perc: +13, SM: +13
    Class Abilities:
  • Favored Enemy: Undead (+2)
  • Divine Bond: 1/1
  • Lay on Hands: 10/10 (3d6)
  • Aura of Courage
  • Aura of Good: Moderate
  • Smite Evil: 2/2
  • "He's got the right of it. It can't hurt. I can't tell you how many times I've seen heroes die with their supplies tucked away 'just in case.'" Vinas chugs one, and then stows one.


    Atium also chugs the antitoxin. He tries to pop the bottom out
    and chug it with style.

    Back in the village, I told an Ulfen that jumped off their cottage roof into the lake, ' Man, that isn't flying...but it *IS* falling with style!


    Male Human | AC 22 T 17 FF 16 | CMB +7, CMD 22 | F: +10 R: +14, W: +8 | Init: +7 | Perc: +13, SM: +10

    Aishe wonders how many of these rooms will be empty of opponents as he too takes an antitoxin for later. He does not quaff one now however as he doesn't quite see the need. Still, he considers Vinas' suggestion carefully.

    He lines up near the next door awaiting its opening.


    Male LG Human | HP 83/83| AC 26 T 11 FF 26 | CMB +11, CMD 21 | F: +14 R: +9, W: +14 | Init: +0 | Perc: +13, SM: +13
    Class Abilities:
  • Favored Enemy: Undead (+2)
  • Divine Bond: 1/1
  • Lay on Hands: 10/10 (3d6)
  • Aura of Courage
  • Aura of Good: Moderate
  • Smite Evil: 2/2
  • Vinas cracks a crooked grin, "Back in the village?"


    Tessenarin doesn't drink one of vials, but he does take one.
    "I hope we do not need these for later."

    Dark Archive

    Tyrant's Grasp | | Age of Ashes | | Dead Suns | |

    Vanyan finds nothing more in the room outside of the antitoxins.

    A tattered, woven mat covers the floor here, flanked by two low wooden benches. For strenuous training—such as running in heavy armor, swinging large weapons, or fighting from horseback—the crusaders used a training field located behind the cathedral. However, for close training such as wrestling, or when inclement weather made outdoor training hazardous, crusaders sparred in this room instead. These were friendly matches, meant only for exercise, and sometimes the more martial-oriented priests of the cathedral would join in to test themselves against the crusaders. The woven mat cushioned most falls, but it has deteriorated over the years and is now threadbare.


    Male Half Elf - sad man in the armor Wand CLW 11/33 (3379)**wand CMW 33/33**wand lesser resto 13/13 **2CLW(full, lvl8 buy)
    Stats:
    AC 18; F5/R6/W14; Arcana+12,Heal+10,Hist+11,Local+12,Nat+12,Pln+12,Rel+12,Perc+18,SenMot+6,Sp ell+13(+6 more magic ID)

    Vanyan sweeps the room with Detect Magic and then is ready to move to the next area.

    1d20 + 14 ⇒ (16) + 14 = 30 Perception


    Male LG Human | HP 83/83| AC 26 T 11 FF 26 | CMB +11, CMD 21 | F: +14 R: +9, W: +14 | Init: +0 | Perc: +13, SM: +13
    Class Abilities:
  • Favored Enemy: Undead (+2)
  • Divine Bond: 1/1
  • Lay on Hands: 10/10 (3d6)
  • Aura of Courage
  • Aura of Good: Moderate
  • Smite Evil: 2/2
  • "Vanyan. This way." Listen at the door: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26 Map updated.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Zane enjoys the presence of his friends

    Just the glint in Vinas's eye when he verbalizes "Back in the Village". It's like there's a 7th son of a 7th son connection there.
    You my brother too!
    and he gives Vinas a "keep pouring it on" finger rotation.

    He steps side by side. Ready to open the door when Vinas gives the "all clear".


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Male Human | AC 22 T 17 FF 16 | CMB +7, CMD 22 | F: +10 R: +14, W: +8 | Init: +7 | Perc: +13, SM: +10

    Aishe lines up behind the others, trying not to look upon the glory that is... The Zane!


    Sorry all, late night posting. I posted under another alter ego.

    Just the glint in Vinas's eye when he verbalizes "Back in the Village". It's like there's a 7th son of a 7th son connection there.
    You my brother too!
    and he gives Vinas a "keep pouring it on" finger rotation.

    He steps side by side. Ready to open the door when Vinas gives the "all clear".


    Male LG Human | HP 83/83| AC 26 T 11 FF 26 | CMB +11, CMD 21 | F: +14 R: +9, W: +14 | Init: +0 | Perc: +13, SM: +13
    Class Abilities:
  • Favored Enemy: Undead (+2)
  • Divine Bond: 1/1
  • Lay on Hands: 10/10 (3d6)
  • Aura of Courage
  • Aura of Good: Moderate
  • Smite Evil: 2/2
  • "Well then, let's see if there's something behind this green door." Once the DM gives the results, he'll head in unless there's reason not to.

    Yes yes, I know the original reference, but that's not paizo.com appropriate!

    2,901 to 2,950 of 3,423 << first < prev | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Tyranius Tyrant's Grasp All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.