GM Bret’s Outpost II Doom comes to Dustpawn! (Inactive)

Game Master BretI

Doom Comes to Dustpawn
Player Notes


1,151 to 1,200 of 1,835 << first < prev | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | next > last >>

Mosquito Witch

Timtenzekil:
Middle aged elves that have been fully transformed into Id Mutants. Judging by the way they hold themselves, you are guessing they know how to use the Longsword and Dagger they are wielding.

One question.

The Exchange

Male Oread Druid10 HP93/93 AC25 TC12 FF23 CMD25 F+15 R+7 W+15 (+4 vs fey) Init +2 Perc +23(25 vs stonework) Spd 40

"More mutants. May be full gone by now an' territorial." The oread watches their stance, considering how the party could approach.

I'm guessing Wild Empathy is unlikely to succeed, unless they can be talked down normally?


Mosquito Witch

They are neither animals nor magical beasts, so Wild Empathy does not apply. You haven’t tried talking with them yet.

Grand Lodge

Male CG Dwarf Warpriest/9 | HP: 93/93 | DR3 vs. first attack | AC/FF/Tch: 30/28/14 27/25/12 | CMB: +14 +10 (+6 on BR), CMD: 25 21 (+2 vs. BR) | F/R/W ST: 14/8/13 14/8/13 (+4 st soul, +2 vs. death) | Diplomacy +2, HAnim +2, Heal +8, KnEng +6, KnRel +8, Perception: +11, SenseMtv +7, SpCft +6, Survival +7 | Init: +1 (+2 underground) | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: none

Warpac peeks inside and grunts.

"Hello. You two guards or something?"

If they do not answer he follow up with, "They probably only speak Aklo if they are like the others."

Sovereign Court

CG Halfling Bard 10 | HP: 82/82 | AC: 26 (17 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 22 | F: +9, R: +15, W: +10 (+7 vs. charm & compulsion, +4 vs sonic and language-dependent, +2 vs fear) | Init: +8 | Speed 30ft | P: +8 SM +24 | Bardic Performance 24/28 | Spells Available 1: 6/7, 2: 2/6, 3: 2/4, 4: 2/2 | Active conditions: none

Melody casts tongues on herself if they don’t respond to a Warpac.

”Hello, friends! We’re here to help you!”

Scarab Sages

Gen. Neut. Oracle | HP 56/56 | Init+ 5 | F:+9 R: +9 W: +10 (+18 vs chm/compul.; +12 vs illus/fear/desp.) | AC 21 T 16 F 19 | CMD 14 | Speed 20(30) | M. Bridge: 7/7 | Etern. Hope: 1/1 | Vest. 1/1 | V. Pool: 9/10 | Spells: 1: 6/8 2: 6/8 3: 6/7 4: 3/4 | Current disguise: Vonner Flay, Dogcatcher | Rerolls: 0/1 Active: Siv. Veils, Longstrider, Heroism, 6 Mirror Images, Shld. Faith, Death Ward

"Abtaroh" waves at them from the back, hoping they recognize an old ally.


Mosquito Witch

They reply to Warpac “Go away! This is ours and we don’t want you here.

No need for Melody to cast tongues.

Then they see Abtaroh in the back and yell “We’ve run you off before, we will do it again!

Scarab Sages

Gen. Neut. Oracle | HP 56/56 | Init+ 5 | F:+9 R: +9 W: +10 (+18 vs chm/compul.; +12 vs illus/fear/desp.) | AC 21 T 16 F 19 | CMD 14 | Speed 20(30) | M. Bridge: 7/7 | Etern. Hope: 1/1 | Vest. 1/1 | V. Pool: 9/10 | Spells: 1: 6/8 2: 6/8 3: 6/7 4: 3/4 | Current disguise: Vonner Flay, Dogcatcher | Rerolls: 0/1 Active: Siv. Veils, Longstrider, Heroism, 6 Mirror Images, Shld. Faith, Death Ward

Do you think I'd come back without even stronger friends?!

bluff: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (2) + 21 = 23


Mosquito Witch

They look back and forth between themselves, then look at Abtaroh and Blue says “Not really. You always try trick us and you run away every time.

Sense Motive, DC 7:
First off, they don’t seem like really deep thinkers.

Second of all, they do believe you think your companions are stronger but Abtaroh said that too.

Red looks at Blue, then points towards Mongo and says “At least one these wears armor. When we win, I want it!

Blue says “Then what do I get? Dwarf armor never fit right and others don’t look like they have anything good.

Scarab Sages

Gen. Neut. Oracle | HP 56/56 | Init+ 5 | F:+9 R: +9 W: +10 (+18 vs chm/compul.; +12 vs illus/fear/desp.) | AC 21 T 16 F 19 | CMD 14 | Speed 20(30) | M. Bridge: 7/7 | Etern. Hope: 1/1 | Vest. 1/1 | V. Pool: 9/10 | Spells: 1: 6/8 2: 6/8 3: 6/7 4: 3/4 | Current disguise: Vonner Flay, Dogcatcher | Rerolls: 0/1 Active: Siv. Veils, Longstrider, Heroism, 6 Mirror Images, Shld. Faith, Death Ward

sense motive: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 16

DRAT! "Abtaroh" jumps up and down. You are too smart — I'll never trick you!

They calm down. Well, I give up. You win.

Can't hide anything from you — She points at Mongo — his armor is powerful indeed! It was created by a master smith with a legendary hammer in a secret forge in a far-away land. It's an ancient heirloom. Please don't take it from him. He'll cry.

She nods at Warpac. Sadly my dwarven friend's armor won't fit you at all. Armor that doesn't fit is worthless.

She looks directly at Blue. Your friend is right. The magical armor would fit him much better, and it looks like he's the one in charge here. You should do whatever he says, because he looks smarter than you as well. I guess you get nothing, but that's how it goes.

She turns away. Well, at any rate, we'll let you two sort it out.

bluff: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (14) + 21 = 35

At this point Tycho is simply trying to sow discord between the two greedy gatekeepers. Maybe it'll stop them from working tohether in combat or something.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male CG Dwarf Warpriest/9 | HP: 93/93 | DR3 vs. first attack | AC/FF/Tch: 30/28/14 27/25/12 | CMB: +14 +10 (+6 on BR), CMD: 25 21 (+2 vs. BR) | F/R/W ST: 14/8/13 14/8/13 (+4 st soul, +2 vs. death) | Diplomacy +2, HAnim +2, Heal +8, KnEng +6, KnRel +8, Perception: +11, SenseMtv +7, SpCft +6, Survival +7 | Init: +1 (+2 underground) | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: none

Sense Motive Tycho: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

Warpac plays along...

"I don't know, an armor of that quality should probably go to the one with the bigger muscles, not the smarter one, and that other guy looks stronger. Just looking at him almost makes me faint."

bluff aid: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (4) - 2 = 2

and then he snickers, ruining the attempt.


Mosquito Witch

Blue and Red look at Abtaroh and then each other.

Red says “Well if we win, that good!

Blue nods and points to Mongo. “Give us your armor, your boss just said so.

Scarab Sages

Gen. Neut. Oracle | HP 56/56 | Init+ 5 | F:+9 R: +9 W: +10 (+18 vs chm/compul.; +12 vs illus/fear/desp.) | AC 21 T 16 F 19 | CMD 14 | Speed 20(30) | M. Bridge: 7/7 | Etern. Hope: 1/1 | Vest. 1/1 | V. Pool: 9/10 | Spells: 1: 6/8 2: 6/8 3: 6/7 4: 3/4 | Current disguise: Vonner Flay, Dogcatcher | Rerolls: 0/1 Active: Siv. Veils, Longstrider, Heroism, 6 Mirror Images, Shld. Faith, Death Ward

"Abtaroh" smiles. Only one of you can have the armor. I can't give it to both of you. Who should have it? What do you think, Mongo? One looks smarter, one looks stronger.


Mosquito Witch

Red says “Hey! You trying trick us again! You say we decide who get armor, not him!” pointing at Mongo.

Blue cries out “Yeah! Quit trying to trick us!

Scarab Sages

Gen. Neut. Oracle | HP 56/56 | Init+ 5 | F:+9 R: +9 W: +10 (+18 vs chm/compul.; +12 vs illus/fear/desp.) | AC 21 T 16 F 19 | CMD 14 | Speed 20(30) | M. Bridge: 7/7 | Etern. Hope: 1/1 | Vest. 1/1 | V. Pool: 9/10 | Spells: 1: 6/8 2: 6/8 3: 6/7 4: 3/4 | Current disguise: Vonner Flay, Dogcatcher | Rerolls: 0/1 Active: Siv. Veils, Longstrider, Heroism, 6 Mirror Images, Shld. Faith, Death Ward

I apologize. I thought you would like an outside opinion, but I see that you know which of you deserves the magical armor, and which of you doesn’t deserve it. It’s obvious!

bluff: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (9) + 21 = 30

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Fighter (siegebreaker) 8 | hp 69/69, temp 4/4 | AC 27 (haste +1) T 13 (haste +1) F 26 | DR 3/- (adam. armor) | CMB +13 (+2 Bull Rush/Over.) CMD 25 (27 Bull Rush/Overrun, 32 Grapple/Trip) (haste +1) | F +11, R +6 (haste +7), W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +1 (Dark 60), SM +13 | Speed 30' (haste 60')| Breaker Rush: 9 dam on Bull Rush/Overrun | Armored Vigor (4 temp hp) 3/5 | Current conditions: heroism, haste, fly

"You don't want my armor" Mongo says, giving them a toothy smile. "It's full of surly half-orc."


Mosquito Witch

I do!” both of them say at the same time.

Frowning, Blue looks to Mongo. “Do you have another set that armor? We both very deserving!

Red thinks that is a fantastic idea. “Yeah, no need choose if you give us two sets right sized armor!

Scarab Sages

Gen. Neut. Oracle | HP 56/56 | Init+ 5 | F:+9 R: +9 W: +10 (+18 vs chm/compul.; +12 vs illus/fear/desp.) | AC 21 T 16 F 19 | CMD 14 | Speed 20(30) | M. Bridge: 7/7 | Etern. Hope: 1/1 | Vest. 1/1 | V. Pool: 9/10 | Spells: 1: 6/8 2: 6/8 3: 6/7 4: 3/4 | Current disguise: Vonner Flay, Dogcatcher | Rerolls: 0/1 Active: Siv. Veils, Longstrider, Heroism, 6 Mirror Images, Shld. Faith, Death Ward

There is only one Mongo, which means only one set of magical right-size armor. Abtaroh pauses to consider. Of course, you could each take turns wearing it. Whoever's wearing will be very powerful and could decide to just keep it forever, though — but I'm sure you trust each other very much!

Who gets to wear it first?

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Fighter (siegebreaker) 8 | hp 69/69, temp 4/4 | AC 27 (haste +1) T 13 (haste +1) F 26 | DR 3/- (adam. armor) | CMB +13 (+2 Bull Rush/Over.) CMD 25 (27 Bull Rush/Overrun, 32 Grapple/Trip) (haste +1) | F +11, R +6 (haste +7), W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +1 (Dark 60), SM +13 | Speed 30' (haste 60')| Breaker Rush: 9 dam on Bull Rush/Overrun | Armored Vigor (4 temp hp) 3/5 | Current conditions: heroism, haste, fly

"Got a shield, too" Mongo says, raising his left arm. "Plenty fancy, plenty magical. It's got spikes on, just like the armor. Why don't you come check it out? Only, it's also stuck on surly half-orc."

The Exchange

Male Oread Druid10 HP93/93 AC25 TC12 FF23 CMD25 F+15 R+7 W+15 (+4 vs fey) Init +2 Perc +23(25 vs stonework) Spd 40

"Does mine nah count?" Timtenzekil mutters in amusement.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Fighter (siegebreaker) 8 | hp 69/69, temp 4/4 | AC 27 (haste +1) T 13 (haste +1) F 26 | DR 3/- (adam. armor) | CMB +13 (+2 Bull Rush/Over.) CMD 25 (27 Bull Rush/Overrun, 32 Grapple/Trip) (haste +1) | F +11, R +6 (haste +7), W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +1 (Dark 60), SM +13 | Speed 30' (haste 60')| Breaker Rush: 9 dam on Bull Rush/Overrun | Armored Vigor (4 temp hp) 3/5 | Current conditions: heroism, haste, fly

"Apparently 'Abtaroh' thought mine was a better gift for our 'friends' here."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Mosquito Witch

Pointing to Timtenzekil Red says “Rock not make good armor. Metal better!

Blue nods and says “Have Shirley give us armor and shield. Then you go away. That sounds good.

Grand Lodge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Half-Orc Fighter (siegebreaker) 8 | hp 69/69, temp 4/4 | AC 27 (haste +1) T 13 (haste +1) F 26 | DR 3/- (adam. armor) | CMB +13 (+2 Bull Rush/Over.) CMD 25 (27 Bull Rush/Overrun, 32 Grapple/Trip) (haste +1) | F +11, R +6 (haste +7), W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +1 (Dark 60), SM +13 | Speed 30' (haste 60')| Breaker Rush: 9 dam on Bull Rush/Overrun | Armored Vigor (4 temp hp) 3/5 | Current conditions: heroism, haste, fly

"Surely you can't be serious."

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Oread Druid10 HP93/93 AC25 TC12 FF23 CMD25 F+15 R+7 W+15 (+4 vs fey) Init +2 Perc +23(25 vs stonework) Spd 40

There is a slight crunching as the oread's brow wrinkles in disapproval.


Human Male - Evangelist of Pharasma 9 HP 69/72 | AC 21 T 16 FF 15 | F +6 R +11 W +6 | Init +16 | Perception +13 | Always acts in surprise Prescience (6/9) | ISA (1/1)

Theodric keeps a stiff upper lip and manages not to laugh at the pure hilarity going on.

Grand Lodge

Male CG Dwarf Warpriest/9 | HP: 93/93 | DR3 vs. first attack | AC/FF/Tch: 30/28/14 27/25/12 | CMB: +14 +10 (+6 on BR), CMD: 25 21 (+2 vs. BR) | F/R/W ST: 14/8/13 14/8/13 (+4 st soul, +2 vs. death) | Diplomacy +2, HAnim +2, Heal +8, KnEng +6, KnRel +8, Perception: +11, SenseMtv +7, SpCft +6, Survival +7 | Init: +1 (+2 underground) | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: none

If he opens his mouth, Warpac knows he won't be able to help laughing at this point so he keeps it shut. He wonders if they are stupid enough to not notice him casting a spell, but remembering what happened in the caves he does not try. In fact he has both of his hands clasped in front of him as if keeping them out of trouble.

Scarab Sages

Gen. Neut. Oracle | HP 56/56 | Init+ 5 | F:+9 R: +9 W: +10 (+18 vs chm/compul.; +12 vs illus/fear/desp.) | AC 21 T 16 F 19 | CMD 14 | Speed 20(30) | M. Bridge: 7/7 | Etern. Hope: 1/1 | Vest. 1/1 | V. Pool: 9/10 | Spells: 1: 6/8 2: 6/8 3: 6/7 4: 3/4 | Current disguise: Vonner Flay, Dogcatcher | Rerolls: 0/1 Active: Siv. Veils, Longstrider, Heroism, 6 Mirror Images, Shld. Faith, Death Ward

Abtaroh looks proudly at Blue. So you get the armor. You are the strongest.

She sadly looks at Red. And you get nothing. I hope he shares with you.

Well then… come on… it's time to give it to them, surely.

bluff to pass hidden message: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (9) + 21 = 30 "give it to them" as in, "beat them up."

Please, come down and help us take this magical armor off. It gets stuck, you see.

diplomacy?: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 27 Tycho is trying to at least lure them closer.


Mosquito Witch

Seems more like bluff, you are trying to trick them.

Shaking his head, Blue points to Mongo and says “He come up.

...because there isn’t a good grid outside the object! If there is to be a fight, I would prefer it actually happen on the parts of the map where I can see the grid.

Scarab Sages

Gen. Neut. Oracle | HP 56/56 | Init+ 5 | F:+9 R: +9 W: +10 (+18 vs chm/compul.; +12 vs illus/fear/desp.) | AC 21 T 16 F 19 | CMD 14 | Speed 20(30) | M. Bridge: 7/7 | Etern. Hope: 1/1 | Vest. 1/1 | V. Pool: 9/10 | Spells: 1: 6/8 2: 6/8 3: 6/7 4: 3/4 | Current disguise: Vonner Flay, Dogcatcher | Rerolls: 0/1 Active: Siv. Veils, Longstrider, Heroism, 6 Mirror Images, Shld. Faith, Death Ward

Always happy to roll bluff :)

Abtaroh nods to Mongo. Surely, it's time to give these two everything they deserve.

The Exchange

Male Oread Druid10 HP93/93 AC25 TC12 FF23 CMD25 F+15 R+7 W+15 (+4 vs fey) Init +2 Perc +23(25 vs stonework) Spd 40

With his gravelly grin, Timtenzekil waits for Mongo to get closer before calling to Penny. "Playtime."

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Fighter (siegebreaker) 8 | hp 69/69, temp 4/4 | AC 27 (haste +1) T 13 (haste +1) F 26 | DR 3/- (adam. armor) | CMB +13 (+2 Bull Rush/Over.) CMD 25 (27 Bull Rush/Overrun, 32 Grapple/Trip) (haste +1) | F +11, R +6 (haste +7), W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +1 (Dark 60), SM +13 | Speed 30' (haste 60')| Breaker Rush: 9 dam on Bull Rush/Overrun | Armored Vigor (4 temp hp) 3/5 | Current conditions: heroism, haste, fly

"Surely." Mongo moves toward the greedy guards, advancing quickly and showing no signs of taking off his armor. I moved Mongo up onto the gridded section.


Mosquito Witch

Mongo gets into the chamber. If it weren’t for the big crack running through the room, it would be a nice place to relax with a kitchen and a sitting area.

Then the group launches their surprise attack!

Initiative:

Melody: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Mongo: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Tycho: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24 +4 if Heightened Awareness active
Theodric: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (14) + 16 = 30 +4 if Heightened Awareness active, Always acts in surprise round
Mango goes with Theodric
Timtenzekil: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Penny: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Warpac: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8 +2 underground

Red: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Blue: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Bolded may act.

Surprise Round:

Theodric
Mango
Tycho
Melody
Penny

Blue
Red
Warpac
Mongo
Timtenzekil

The Exchange

Male Oread Druid10 HP93/93 AC25 TC12 FF23 CMD25 F+15 R+7 W+15 (+4 vs fey) Init +2 Perc +23(25 vs stonework) Spd 40

As Penny lumbers through the wreckage towards the enemy, Timtenzekil discorporates, turning into misty air and hovering off the ground.

Single move for Penny and wildshape to air elemental for Tim.

Scarab Sages

Gen. Neut. Oracle | HP 56/56 | Init+ 5 | F:+9 R: +9 W: +10 (+18 vs chm/compul.; +12 vs illus/fear/desp.) | AC 21 T 16 F 19 | CMD 14 | Speed 20(30) | M. Bridge: 7/7 | Etern. Hope: 1/1 | Vest. 1/1 | V. Pool: 9/10 | Spells: 1: 6/8 2: 6/8 3: 6/7 4: 3/4 | Current disguise: Vonner Flay, Dogcatcher | Rerolls: 0/1 Active: Siv. Veils, Longstrider, Heroism, 6 Mirror Images, Shld. Faith, Death Ward

Tycho moves to the top of the blast. 30' move; I put tycho behind Mongo earlier since they were talking.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Fighter (siegebreaker) 8 | hp 69/69, temp 4/4 | AC 27 (haste +1) T 13 (haste +1) F 26 | DR 3/- (adam. armor) | CMB +13 (+2 Bull Rush/Over.) CMD 25 (27 Bull Rush/Overrun, 32 Grapple/Trip) (haste +1) | F +11, R +6 (haste +7), W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +1 (Dark 60), SM +13 | Speed 30' (haste 60')| Breaker Rush: 9 dam on Bull Rush/Overrun | Armored Vigor (4 temp hp) 3/5 | Current conditions: heroism, haste, fly

"Here, have a closer look!" Mongo charges at the nearest rhino-man! Partial charge, so only one movement.

Bull Rush, charging: 1d20 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 15 + 2 = 29 <---9 bludgeoning damage if successful.

If Bull Rush is successful, then after pushing 1 square he will make an armor spikes attack and attempt to overrun:
Overrun, charging: 1d20 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 15 + 2 = 18 <---Boo.

EDIT: No swift action.
+1 Armor spikes, charging: 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 14 + 2 = 29 <---This is triggered by the bullrush, if successful, so is not dependent on the Overrun.
Damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Current AC is 25.


Mosquito Witch

Penny trundles forward as her person becomes a cloud.

Tycho moves into a better position.

Mongo charges forward, pushing into Blue. It doesn’t do as much damage as expected. He does not manage to completely overrun him.

Bolded may act.

Surprise Round:

Theodric
Mango

Tycho
Melody
Penny
Blue 5 damage
Red
Warpac
Mongo
Timtenzekil

Grand Lodge

Male CG Dwarf Warpriest/9 | HP: 93/93 | DR3 vs. first attack | AC/FF/Tch: 30/28/14 27/25/12 | CMB: +14 +10 (+6 on BR), CMD: 25 21 (+2 vs. BR) | F/R/W ST: 14/8/13 14/8/13 (+4 st soul, +2 vs. death) | Diplomacy +2, HAnim +2, Heal +8, KnEng +6, KnRel +8, Perception: +11, SenseMtv +7, SpCft +6, Survival +7 | Init: +1 (+2 underground) | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: none

Warpac moves into position and casts a Bull's Strength using a Fervor, happy to allow his restless hands their freedom once again.


Human Male - Evangelist of Pharasma 9 HP 69/72 | AC 21 T 16 FF 15 | F +6 R +11 W +6 | Init +16 | Perception +13 | Always acts in surprise Prescience (6/9) | ISA (1/1)

Theodric moves up through the crack in the room to a better position.

Sovereign Court

CG Halfling Bard 10 | HP: 82/82 | AC: 26 (17 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 22 | F: +9, R: +15, W: +10 (+7 vs. charm & compulsion, +4 vs sonic and language-dependent, +2 vs fear) | Init: +8 | Speed 30ft | P: +8 SM +24 | Bardic Performance 24/28 | Spells Available 1: 6/7, 2: 2/6, 3: 2/4, 4: 2/2 | Active conditions: none

Melody starts performing!


Mosquito Witch

@Warpac You do not have a swift action during the surprise round to use a fervor.

Warpac and Theodric move to better positions.

Melody begins her cheer.

Bolded may act.

Round 1:
Inspire Courage +2

Theodric
Mango
Tycho
Melody
Penny

Blue 5 damage
Red
Warpac
Mongo
Timtenzekil

Sczarni

Female Owlbear10 HP 94/94 AC:31/TC:11/FF:29 Perc +7 F +11 R +8 W +4 (+4 vs mind-affecting) CMD 31 Init +3 Default Order: Guard Rear Party Member

Scrambling up the wrecked slope, Penny joins the gangup on the nearest rhinoman. "Mnnnnnnar!"


Human Male - Evangelist of Pharasma 9 HP 69/72 | AC 21 T 16 FF 15 | F +6 R +11 W +6 | Init +16 | Perception +13 | Always acts in surprise Prescience (6/9) | ISA (1/1)

Theodric continues his sprint, taking up position on the corner as he flings acid at the red one.

ranged touch vs ff: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24
damage: 1d3 + 4d6 ⇒ (3) + (4, 2, 6, 2) = 17

Scarab Sages

Gen. Neut. Oracle | HP 56/56 | Init+ 5 | F:+9 R: +9 W: +10 (+18 vs chm/compul.; +12 vs illus/fear/desp.) | AC 21 T 16 F 19 | CMD 14 | Speed 20(30) | M. Bridge: 7/7 | Etern. Hope: 1/1 | Vest. 1/1 | V. Pool: 9/10 | Spells: 1: 6/8 2: 6/8 3: 6/7 4: 3/4 | Current disguise: Vonner Flay, Dogcatcher | Rerolls: 0/1 Active: Siv. Veils, Longstrider, Heroism, 6 Mirror Images, Shld. Faith, Death Ward

"Abtaroh" delays; I want to see if these guys actually pose any threat

The cult leader jumps up and down, her robes flapping wildly. YES! Surely, give 'em them everything they deserve!

Grand Lodge

Male CG Dwarf Warpriest/9 | HP: 93/93 | DR3 vs. first attack | AC/FF/Tch: 30/28/14 27/25/12 | CMB: +14 +10 (+6 on BR), CMD: 25 21 (+2 vs. BR) | F/R/W ST: 14/8/13 14/8/13 (+4 st soul, +2 vs. death) | Diplomacy +2, HAnim +2, Heal +8, KnEng +6, KnRel +8, Perception: +11, SenseMtv +7, SpCft +6, Survival +7 | Init: +1 (+2 underground) | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: none
GM Bret wrote:
@Warpac You do not have a swift action during the surprise round to use a fervor.

Nor to do a double more. I'll adjust his position back too. I'll leave it on my tag line though, since I'll do it next round.


Mosquito Witch

Penny rushes towards the rhino-person.

Theodric rushes forward and lobs a flask of acid that hits to great effect.

Tycho cheers both sides on.

Blue gives a surprised “Cheater!” then full attacks Mongo, swinging his sword and goring with the horn. The first sword strike hits.
Longsword: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (17) + 15 = 32
damage, DR: 1d8 + 8 - 3 ⇒ (7) + 8 - 3 = 12
Longsword, 2nd: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24
damage: 1d8 + 8 - 3 ⇒ (3) + 8 - 3 = 8
Gore: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
damage, DR: 1d6 + 1 - 3 ⇒ (4) + 1 - 3 = 2

Red charges Mongo, yelling “Killing blow get armor!
Longsword, Power Attack: 1d20 + 15 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 15 - 2 = 26
Vital Strike, Power Attack, DR: 2d8 + 8 + 4 - 3 ⇒ (5, 8) + 8 + 4 - 3 = 22

He just barely misses. If he had focused on accuracy rather than power, he would have hit.

Bolded may act.

Round 1:
Inspire Courage +2

Theodric
Mango
Tycho
Melody
Penny
Blue 5 damage
Red 17 damage
Warpac
Mongo 12 damage
Timtenzekil

Round 2:

Theodric
Mango
Tycho
Melody
Penny

Sovereign Court

CG Halfling Bard 10 | HP: 82/82 | AC: 26 (17 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 22 | F: +9, R: +15, W: +10 (+7 vs. charm & compulsion, +4 vs sonic and language-dependent, +2 vs fear) | Init: +8 | Speed 30ft | P: +8 SM +24 | Bardic Performance 24/28 | Spells Available 1: 6/7, 2: 2/6, 3: 2/4, 4: 2/2 | Active conditions: none

Melody continues performing, but her cheer is punctuated by a scream at the red one.

ouch!: 5d6 ⇒ (6, 4, 3, 2, 5) = 20 and dazed for one round, DC 17 Fortitude save for half damage and no daze

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Fighter (siegebreaker) 8 | hp 69/69, temp 4/4 | AC 27 (haste +1) T 13 (haste +1) F 26 | DR 3/- (adam. armor) | CMB +13 (+2 Bull Rush/Over.) CMD 25 (27 Bull Rush/Overrun, 32 Grapple/Trip) (haste +1) | F +11, R +6 (haste +7), W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +1 (Dark 60), SM +13 | Speed 30' (haste 60')| Breaker Rush: 9 dam on Bull Rush/Overrun | Armored Vigor (4 temp hp) 3/5 | Current conditions: heroism, haste, fly
GM Bret wrote:
Red charges Mongo, yelling “Killing blow get armor!

"I don't want your armor!" Mongo lowers his spiky shoulder and slams into the rhino-man in front of him, this time pushing him back over his heels! Movement provokes from Red.

Bull Rush vs. Blue, IC: 1d20 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 15 + 2 = 37 <--9 bludgeoning damage if successful.

If Bull Rush successful:

  • Overrun attempt as free action:
    Overrun vs. Blue, IC: 1d20 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 15 + 2 = 33 <--9 bludgeoning damage if successful, prone if CMD +5.
  • Armor spikes attack as a swift action:
    +1 Armor spikes vs. Blue, IC: 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 14 + 2 = 29
    Damage, IC: 1d6 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 2 = 13

  • Grand Lodge

    Male CG Dwarf Warpriest/9 | HP: 93/93 | DR3 vs. first attack | AC/FF/Tch: 30/28/14 27/25/12 | CMB: +14 +10 (+6 on BR), CMD: 25 21 (+2 vs. BR) | F/R/W ST: 14/8/13 14/8/13 (+4 st soul, +2 vs. death) | Diplomacy +2, HAnim +2, Heal +8, KnEng +6, KnRel +8, Perception: +11, SenseMtv +7, SpCft +6, Survival +7 | Init: +1 (+2 underground) | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: none

    As mentioned, Warpac will be casting bull's strength as a swift action, but I need to know where everyone ends up after Mongo's attack so I can figure out whether he can do a bull rush.

    Grand Lodge

    Male Half-Orc Fighter (siegebreaker) 8 | hp 69/69, temp 4/4 | AC 27 (haste +1) T 13 (haste +1) F 26 | DR 3/- (adam. armor) | CMB +13 (+2 Bull Rush/Over.) CMD 25 (27 Bull Rush/Overrun, 32 Grapple/Trip) (haste +1) | F +11, R +6 (haste +7), W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +1 (Dark 60), SM +13 | Speed 30' (haste 60')| Breaker Rush: 9 dam on Bull Rush/Overrun | Armored Vigor (4 temp hp) 3/5 | Current conditions: heroism, haste, fly

    With a natural 20 on the bull rush and a 33 on the overrun, I assumed both were successful and already moved both Mongo and the rhino-man on the map. The question at this point is whether blue is prone or not.

    Scarab Sages

    Gen. Neut. Oracle | HP 56/56 | Init+ 5 | F:+9 R: +9 W: +10 (+18 vs chm/compul.; +12 vs illus/fear/desp.) | AC 21 T 16 F 19 | CMD 14 | Speed 20(30) | M. Bridge: 7/7 | Etern. Hope: 1/1 | Vest. 1/1 | V. Pool: 9/10 | Spells: 1: 6/8 2: 6/8 3: 6/7 4: 3/4 | Current disguise: Vonner Flay, Dogcatcher | Rerolls: 0/1 Active: Siv. Veils, Longstrider, Heroism, 6 Mirror Images, Shld. Faith, Death Ward

    Abtaroh moves a bit closer and swings a bit of chain in Red's general direction. barbed chains

    Trip: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25
    Trip/Slashing: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21
    Trip/Slashing: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27

    If the first one trips Red, the other two chains will attempt to deal slashing damage instead, at the same attack bonus. If it didn't then perhaps the third chain will trip him.

    slashing damage, chain 2: 1d6 ⇒ 1 plus a DC 18 will save or shaken for 1d4 ⇒ 2 rounds rounds don't stack
    slashing damage, chain 3: 1d6 ⇒ 4 plus a DC 18 will save or shaken for 1d4 ⇒ 2 rounds rounds don't stack

    How will you get the killing blow, lying down!? GET UP!

    1,151 to 1,200 of 1,835 << first < prev | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Bret’s Outpost II Doom comes to Dustpawn! All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.