GM Lorenzo's #10-08: What Prestige is Worth - OUTPOST II (Inactive)

Game Master Lawrence Smith 2

Maps, Handouts, and More!


251 to 300 of 608 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

"Yes, yes. Ask your damned questions already. I have to get back the library."

Alexander senses that the fallen agathion/erinyes is terribly busy, dislikes being disturbed, and wants to get back to work. Beating around the bush may test her patience...


Spells -/6 | Greater Invisibility 3/3 (Active, 0/3 rounds)| Alignment CG HP 39/39 | AC 24 (T 17 FF 20) | Saves 6/8/7 | Perception +11 | Init +3 | Riddywhipple, Faerie Dragon familiar (Master) |

"We're under orders to look into a situation involving Leventi and his upcoming promotion." Riddywhipple puts on miniature sunglasses, a coat and hat. "We're looking for character witnesses, and we heard you would be able to put a good word for him. How long have you known him? What are his methods?" He motions for the party to show Vetrivedes's writ.

Diplomacy, CG: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 7 - 4 = 16

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

Arenthea gives the faerie dragon a hard look. "Yeah, I know Leventi well." Her vulpine ears flatten against her skull. "He's interested in Thrune heirlooms and in my ability to secure them."

Sense Motive DC25:
You recognize, in her tone of voice and manner, a desperation and bitterness toward Leventi.


Spells -/6 | Greater Invisibility 3/3 (Active, 0/3 rounds)| Alignment CG HP 39/39 | AC 24 (T 17 FF 20) | Saves 6/8/7 | Perception +11 | Init +3 | Riddywhipple, Faerie Dragon familiar (Master) |

"Ah, I see, I see." He adjusts his hat and takes a few notes. "Any details you can fill about his methods of procurement?"

I can't make that DC with the alignment penalty.

Dark Archive

M Human- Chelaxian LN Inquisitor-8 (Sanctified Slayer of Asmodeus), HP 67, AC 23 (touch 12, ff 21), Init +4. Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +9.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (10) + 16 = 26

"It is easy to see that your dislike for Leventi is readily apparent. Tell is what you know and I am sure we can deal with him on your behalf. He will trouble you no longer."

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

Alexander has no trouble seeing through the feigned indifference of the erinyes. Perhaps her former agathion nature impedes her skill at deception.

Arenthea sighs. "Your desire to hinder or harm Leventi piques my interest. I would be willing to provide compromising information, but only in exchange for a Dark Bargain." She regards you with a studied gaze, licking her lips in anticipation.

But she soon senses your fear or reluctance, though. "Oh well, if you won't part with your essence, perhaps, one of your more charming colleagues could, em, persuade me to accept something else in exchange for my information."

Her glowing vulpine eyes linger over your faces and trail suggestively down your bodies. "Don't worry, I would never force you to do anything against your will. Would you be willing to offer up a spellbook, a scroll, or even some secrets, instead?"

(DC20 Diplomacy check first to persuade her to accept something other than a Dark Bargain. Any such spellbook or scroll must be worth at least 375gp, and recalling a suitably tempting secret requires a successful DC25 Knowledge check. A PC can attempt a Knowledge check three times in this way.)

Sovereign Court

CG Elf Arcanist 8 | HP: 58/58 | AC: 13 (T: 13, F: 10) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +9 | Perc: +11 | Speed 30 | Arcane Reservoir remaining: 7/11 | Low-light vision | Reroll | Conditions: Sickened

"Secrets, you say?" Erlathan bares his fangs. "Well, you see, there are these creatures that I assume you're familiar with, given that they're rather Hellish. Vargouilles. They seem to have a thing for elves, and a smooch from one of them is how I got these chin tentacles. That's not all. What you might not realize is the, ahem, unseen bodily effects of such an encounter..."

He casts message, and relays the overshare secretly to Arenthea.

Knowledge check, Pending someone's successful Diplomacy:

Knowledge (Planes): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17
Knowledge (Planes): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17
Knowledge (Planes): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30

Grand Lodge

Cirri's Familiar | Spells -/6/3/4 | Arcane Pool 9/10 | Flight Hex minutes 7/9 (Active) | GM Folio Reroll +2 | HP 75/78 | AC 25, T 13, FF 24 | Saves 6/7/7 | CMD 24 (26 vs trip) | Perception +7 | Init +1 | Female Human Magus 9 | Alignment NG |Mirror Image (7 images) 9 minutes | Ward on Ingrge

Cirri pulls out a scroll. "So long, Remove Paralysis. But it's you or my soul, so..."

K Planes, NG: 1d20 + 17 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 17 - 4 = 18
K Planes, NG: 1d20 + 17 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 17 - 4 = 33

She hands the scroll over. "Is this good enough?"


Spells -/6 | Greater Invisibility 3/3 (Active, 0/3 rounds)| Alignment CG HP 39/39 | AC 24 (T 17 FF 20) | Saves 6/8/7 | Perception +11 | Init +3 | Riddywhipple, Faerie Dragon familiar (Master) |

"Well Sweetheart, let's see. While you could have our souls, why not instead see what's behind door number 1?"

Diplomacy, VG: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 7 - 4 = 7

Riddywhipple flies up to Cirri but almost slams into her, ruining the bit. "This place seriously cramps my style..."

Dark Archive

PFS #76925-14 LN Male Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 6 / HellKnight 2 HP: 82/82| AC: 22/12/21 | Fort: +9| Ref: +5| Will: +5| Init: +1| Perc: +9| CMB: +8 +6 Vs Disarm| CMD: 20 +3 vs Disarm| Ada.H.Flail: +16;1d10+11| Longbow:+9;1d8| Reliable Strike 1/day
Skills:
Acrobatics:+1| Appraise:+2| Bluff:+1| Climb:-2| Diplo:+2| Inti: +9| Kn.(Dun/Eng/Loc/Pla/Reli): +10| Kn.(Noble/His): +3| Linguis:+4| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -4| Survival: +6| Swim: +3|

Diplomacy 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 And the low rolls continue.

Alden makes as if to make his own offer but in the end stands downs as the Hell knight thinks really hard on what he could offer....

Dark Archive

M Human- Chelaxian LN Inquisitor-8 (Sanctified Slayer of Asmodeus), HP 67, AC 23 (touch 12, ff 21), Init +4. Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +9.

Knowledge (Religion): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14.
Knowledge (Religion): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25

"I am sure there is very little you do not know about the Pits of Hell, but I assure you this one, or two, pieces of information will be of use to you both now and in the future."

One*

Grand Lodge

Cirri's Familiar | Spells -/6/3/4 | Arcane Pool 9/10 | Flight Hex minutes 7/9 (Active) | GM Folio Reroll +2 | HP 75/78 | AC 25, T 13, FF 24 | Saves 6/7/7 | CMD 24 (26 vs trip) | Perception +7 | Init +1 | Female Human Magus 9 | Alignment NG |Mirror Image (7 images) 9 minutes | Ward on Ingrge

"I also have a scroll of Remove Disease, if we need it."

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

(Still waiting to see if anyone can make the DC20 Diplomacy check necessary to persuade Arenthea to consider something other than a Dark Bargain in exchange for her information.)

Grand Lodge

Cirri's Familiar | Spells -/6/3/4 | Arcane Pool 9/10 | Flight Hex minutes 7/9 (Active) | GM Folio Reroll +2 | HP 75/78 | AC 25, T 13, FF 24 | Saves 6/7/7 | CMD 24 (26 vs trip) | Perception +7 | Init +1 | Female Human Magus 9 | Alignment NG |Mirror Image (7 images) 9 minutes | Ward on Ingrge

Between me and my familiar I assume I spent all 3 checks.

Grand Lodge

Cirri's Familiar | Spells -/6/3/4 | Arcane Pool 9/10 | Flight Hex minutes 7/9 (Active) | GM Folio Reroll +2 | HP 75/78 | AC 25, T 13, FF 24 | Saves 6/7/7 | CMD 24 (26 vs trip) | Perception +7 | Init +1 | Female Human Magus 9 | Alignment NG |Mirror Image (7 images) 9 minutes | Ward on Ingrge

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 3 - 4 = 17
"Okay. So maybe you'd want this stuff, or some of the planar secrets I thought about."

She turns to her allies. "I could use some aid, here."

Sovereign Court

CG Elf Arcanist 8 | HP: 58/58 | AC: 13 (T: 13, F: 10) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +9 | Perc: +11 | Speed 30 | Arcane Reservoir remaining: 7/11 | Low-light vision | Reroll | Conditions: Sickened

Diplomacy Aid: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
"Our secrets may really help you out here, you know!" Erlathan pleads. "Please carefully consider our request."

Silver Crusade

HP: 59/59 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 16 l F +9, R +6, W +11 l Adoration (7/7), Channel Energy (5/5), Clarifying Channel (1/1), Inspired (1/1), Resistant Touch (7/7) l L1: 5/5, D1: 1/1, L2: 4/4, D2: 1/1, L3: 2/3, D3: 1/1, L4: 2/2, D4: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +4
Skills:
Craft: Musical Instruments +10, Diplomacy +12, Heal +11, Kn. Arcana +5, Kn. History +6, Kn. Planes +8, Kn. Religion +11, Linguistics +5, Sense Motive +11, Spellcraft +5
Female NG Human Cleric (Ecclesitheurge) 7 l Active Conditions:

Diplomacy (Aid): 1d20 + 12 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 12 - 4 = 17

"Oh come now, it's obvious from my friend's words," Nella gestures at Alexander, "that you have plenty to gain from removing Leventi from the local equation. Surely that by itself would be 'reward' enough for information but you can see that we also have plenty of scrolls and other...things...to offer to sweeten the deal. Haggling is all part of the game, sure, but it eventually comes down to deciding whether to take what's been offered or walk. So what'll it be?"

Dark Archive

PFS #76925-14 LN Male Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 6 / HellKnight 2 HP: 82/82| AC: 22/12/21 | Fort: +9| Ref: +5| Will: +5| Init: +1| Perc: +9| CMB: +8 +6 Vs Disarm| CMD: 20 +3 vs Disarm| Ada.H.Flail: +16;1d10+11| Longbow:+9;1d8| Reliable Strike 1/day
Skills:
Acrobatics:+1| Appraise:+2| Bluff:+1| Climb:-2| Diplo:+2| Inti: +9| Kn.(Dun/Eng/Loc/Pla/Reli): +10| Kn.(Noble/His): +3| Linguis:+4| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -4| Survival: +6| Swim: +3|

Alden Waits and see if his companions are successful.
Else It'll be up to him.

Knowledge (Religion) 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
Knowledge (Planes) 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

Dark Archive

M Human- Chelaxian LN Inquisitor-8 (Sanctified Slayer of Asmodeus), HP 67, AC 23 (touch 12, ff 21), Init +4. Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +9.

Diplomacy (Aid): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

It requires a team effort, but you eventually convince Arenthea to consider offers other than a Dark Bargain.

Some of you begin sharing your secrets, but after a few fail to impress her, the erinyes holds up her hand. "Stop! I've heard better stuff from Jerry Springer, that guy stuck in the wall in the Ghetto of Outcasts. What else you got?"

She takes the scroll of remove paralysis that Cirri pulls out, glances down at it, and hands it back. "You're kidding, right?"

When Cirri offers to give up her scroll of remove disease, the fallen agathion nods and sighs. "This'll do." She stuffs it inside her corset.

Arenthea tells you what she knows. "First, Leventi possesses the soul of Gellius Thrune, one of the founders of House Thrune from centuries ago. Leventi also owns Tholvinus, Gellius’s imp, but does a sloppy job of keeping the imp from wandering off. Tholvinus was recently captured and is now one of many prizes offered by the fighting pits of Widow’s Cry."

"Second, I not only acquired Thrune relics for Leventi, I also performed several simple services that would have made it easier for someone to steal heirlooms outright. These and other events suggest that Leventi may have acquired some of his collection through reckless or unlawful means not befitting Hell’s standards."

"Finally," she mentions, "Ophelia Peran has occasionally worked as one of Leventi’s operatives. Go talk to the night hag, Yseldra, for more information about that."

Evidence Tally: 3. Having learned about Leventi’s dealings with Arenthea, you earn 1 Evidence Point.

Grand Lodge

Cirri's Familiar | Spells -/6/3/4 | Arcane Pool 9/10 | Flight Hex minutes 7/9 (Active) | GM Folio Reroll +2 | HP 75/78 | AC 25, T 13, FF 24 | Saves 6/7/7 | CMD 24 (26 vs trip) | Perception +7 | Init +1 | Female Human Magus 9 | Alignment NG |Mirror Image (7 images) 9 minutes | Ward on Ingrge

"Oh. Thank you for the info. Take good care of that scroll. Use it on someone sick, they'll be quite thankful." Cirri forgets for a moment this is a fallen celestial, and wishes her good luck. "I like your ears!" Cirri bids her goodbye.

"Okay, sounds like we need to talk to a... night hag... named Yseldra. Where is she, anyway?"

Silver Crusade

HP: 59/59 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 16 l F +9, R +6, W +11 l Adoration (7/7), Channel Energy (5/5), Clarifying Channel (1/1), Inspired (1/1), Resistant Touch (7/7) l L1: 5/5, D1: 1/1, L2: 4/4, D2: 1/1, L3: 2/3, D3: 1/1, L4: 2/2, D4: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +4
Skills:
Craft: Musical Instruments +10, Diplomacy +12, Heal +11, Kn. Arcana +5, Kn. History +6, Kn. Planes +8, Kn. Religion +11, Linguistics +5, Sense Motive +11, Spellcraft +5
Female NG Human Cleric (Ecclesitheurge) 7 l Active Conditions:

"That's a good question," Nella frowns, crossing her arms across her chest. "I don't think we've heard that name before now so we'll probably need to get out and ask around again, whether here or in a different part of the city."

She gives Arenthea a slightly hopeful look. "Unless you could give us an idea on where to find her...?"

If Arenthea doesn't know or isn't willing to share...

The priestess sighs. "Ah well, thought it might be worth a shot. Guess it's time to get out and pound the pavement again..."

Diplomacy: Gather Information (Yseldra): 1d20 + 12 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 12 - 4 = 17

Sovereign Court

CG Elf Arcanist 8 | HP: 58/58 | AC: 13 (T: 13, F: 10) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +9 | Perc: +11 | Speed 30 | Arcane Reservoir remaining: 7/11 | Low-light vision | Reroll | Conditions: Sickened

"A hag of the night!" Erlathan claps his hands once. "Of course! I'd expect nothing less of Hell."

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

At the backhanded compliment from Cirri and Nella's hopeful look, Arenthea responds, "Yseldra operates out of a hidden alley that houses her shop, the Yesterday’s Glories."

With her directions, Nella finds the place. A brass bell tinkles and chimes, when you open the door, and it closes behind you.

"Make yourself at ease," calls a pleasant voice from somewhere in the back. "I'll be with you in a moment."

Yseldra's shop is neatly kept. The front room has comfortable chairs of varying sizes and a shelf of books with the names and histories of the souls Yseldra sells and leases. As you review Yseldra’s catalogue of available souls and servitors, including Ophelia Peran’s entry.

(Treat this as a successful Knowledge check to identify a creature, securing 3 bits of useful information about Ophelia.)

Dark Archive

PFS #76925-14 LN Male Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 6 / HellKnight 2 HP: 82/82| AC: 22/12/21 | Fort: +9| Ref: +5| Will: +5| Init: +1| Perc: +9| CMB: +8 +6 Vs Disarm| CMD: 20 +3 vs Disarm| Ada.H.Flail: +16;1d10+11| Longbow:+9;1d8| Reliable Strike 1/day
Skills:
Acrobatics:+1| Appraise:+2| Bluff:+1| Climb:-2| Diplo:+2| Inti: +9| Kn.(Dun/Eng/Loc/Pla/Reli): +10| Kn.(Noble/His): +3| Linguis:+4| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -4| Survival: +6| Swim: +3|

Alden is pensive as the party manages to narrowly gain the information they seek. Hell and its realms were what the proud Hellknight had studied but it seems that there were many things lacking in his knowledge.

Now that they have found the abode of the Night Hag, he wonders if he should consider a Dark Bargain for the sake of completing his quest.

Grand Lodge

Cirri's Familiar | Spells -/6/3/4 | Arcane Pool 9/10 | Flight Hex minutes 7/9 (Active) | GM Folio Reroll +2 | HP 75/78 | AC 25, T 13, FF 24 | Saves 6/7/7 | CMD 24 (26 vs trip) | Perception +7 | Init +1 | Female Human Magus 9 | Alignment NG |Mirror Image (7 images) 9 minutes | Ward on Ingrge

Cirri sits down on a comfy chair. It's been a while since she's had a chance to sit down. It's almost pleasant... except it's a store run by a night hag who sells souls. Cirri leapt to her feet and did what she always does in these situations - read.

Ophelia Peran... who is she?
- Maybe her Speeds will be important if they need to catch her?
- What are her Special Abilities? If she can turn invisible or the like it's best they learn now.

Cirri asked the party if they were interested, and she needed help thinking of a third topic.

Silver Crusade

HP: 59/59 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 16 l F +9, R +6, W +11 l Adoration (7/7), Channel Energy (5/5), Clarifying Channel (1/1), Inspired (1/1), Resistant Touch (7/7) l L1: 5/5, D1: 1/1, L2: 4/4, D2: 1/1, L3: 2/3, D3: 1/1, L4: 2/2, D4: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +4
Skills:
Craft: Musical Instruments +10, Diplomacy +12, Heal +11, Kn. Arcana +5, Kn. History +6, Kn. Planes +8, Kn. Religion +11, Linguistics +5, Sense Motive +11, Spellcraft +5
Female NG Human Cleric (Ecclesitheurge) 7 l Active Conditions:

Noting that Cirri seemed to be sneaking a peek at Ysrelda's soul catalog, Nella leans in and whispers, "It can't hurt to know ahead of time if she has any known weaknesses. As much as I hope things don't turn ugly it might not hurt to have some sort of leverage..."

She hated herself for even thinking in such terms, of weaknesses and temptations and leverage.

Is this what time in Hell does to a soul? Oh Shelyn, we need to finish our mission and get out of here!

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

While Alden considers selling his soul, Cirri flips through the soul catalogue and finds the entry for Ophelia Peran.

The magus reads that Ophelia Peran is a human woman, an experienced fighter and shadowdancer, and as such, she has weapons and armor training and the ability to hide in plain sight. Her speed is listed as typical of one of her race.

According to her profile, Ophelia prefers to use Power Attack to attack the most lightly armored foe in a group. Ophelia fights in the service of whoever holds her contract. If destroyed, she vanishes, rejuvenating fully formed near her contract one week later.

She is described as a former Thrune agent, now a soul bound to an infernal contract. She's currently leased to Leventi, but Yseldra retains her contract.

A pleasant, matronly woman emerges from the back room, peers at you over her rimless spectacles, and smiles. "What can I do for you, my pretties?"

Dark Archive

M Human- Chelaxian LN Inquisitor-8 (Sanctified Slayer of Asmodeus), HP 67, AC 23 (touch 12, ff 21), Init +4. Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +9.

Alexander stands next to Nella, and then takes a short step forward, "Hag mistress, we have a few questions of you."

Silver Crusade

HP: 59/59 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 16 l F +9, R +6, W +11 l Adoration (7/7), Channel Energy (5/5), Clarifying Channel (1/1), Inspired (1/1), Resistant Touch (7/7) l L1: 5/5, D1: 1/1, L2: 4/4, D2: 1/1, L3: 2/3, D3: 1/1, L4: 2/2, D4: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +4
Skills:
Craft: Musical Instruments +10, Diplomacy +12, Heal +11, Kn. Arcana +5, Kn. History +6, Kn. Planes +8, Kn. Religion +11, Linguistics +5, Sense Motive +11, Spellcraft +5
Female NG Human Cleric (Ecclesitheurge) 7 l Active Conditions:

Nella waits for a moment for Alexander to add a bit of context to his statement but when it doesn't seem to be forthcoming she clears her throat and adds, "More specifically, about the soul of one Ophelia Peran and her current lease to Leventi. As a, um, dealer in souls, do you make it your business to know what those souls are tasked with when you lease them to others?"

Diplomacy (If Needed): 1d20 + 12 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 12 - 4 = 12

Sovereign Court

CG Elf Arcanist 8 | HP: 58/58 | AC: 13 (T: 13, F: 10) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +9 | Perc: +11 | Speed 30 | Arcane Reservoir remaining: 7/11 | Low-light vision | Reroll | Conditions: Sickened

A spit-take blows out of Erlathan's mouth.

Did he really just openly call her 'hag mistress'?

"Er, yes. We're looking for information about Leventi. I believe you retain the contract to one Ophelia Peran. What can you tell us about that contract?"

Diplomacy Aid, Planar, Infernal: 1d20 + 1 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 1 - 4 + 2 = 5


Spells -/6 | Greater Invisibility 3/3 (Active, 0/3 rounds)| Alignment CG HP 39/39 | AC 24 (T 17 FF 20) | Saves 6/8/7 | Perception +11 | Init +3 | Riddywhipple, Faerie Dragon familiar (Master) |

"Just the facts, ma'am." Riddywhipple continues his trenchcoat and hat routine, scribbling madly in to a notepad. "We're on orders to investigate Leventi right before his final review. We have the writ on hand if you need it."

Diplomacy, CG: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 7 - 4 = 22

Grand Lodge

Cirri's Familiar | Spells -/6/3/4 | Arcane Pool 9/10 | Flight Hex minutes 7/9 (Active) | GM Folio Reroll +2 | HP 75/78 | AC 25, T 13, FF 24 | Saves 6/7/7 | CMD 24 (26 vs trip) | Perception +7 | Init +1 | Female Human Magus 9 | Alignment NG |Mirror Image (7 images) 9 minutes | Ward on Ingrge

Alexander knows how to stick his foot in his mouth, huh? Cirri wonders. Kind of like me. But he's all authority and Asmodeus this and Asmodeus that. I'm just scared about losing my soul.

"Y-yeah. Leventi." Cirri tries not to look directly at the woman. Beneath the lovely motherly smile lies a cruel torturer and cunning manipulator or mortal lives.

Diplomacy(Aid), NG: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 3 - 4 = 1

Somehow Cirri sticks her foot back into her mouth.

Dark Archive

PFS #76925-14 LN Male Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 6 / HellKnight 2 HP: 82/82| AC: 22/12/21 | Fort: +9| Ref: +5| Will: +5| Init: +1| Perc: +9| CMB: +8 +6 Vs Disarm| CMD: 20 +3 vs Disarm| Ada.H.Flail: +16;1d10+11| Longbow:+9;1d8| Reliable Strike 1/day
Skills:
Acrobatics:+1| Appraise:+2| Bluff:+1| Climb:-2| Diplo:+2| Inti: +9| Kn.(Dun/Eng/Loc/Pla/Reli): +10| Kn.(Noble/His): +3| Linguis:+4| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -4| Survival: +6| Swim: +3|

"Greetings Mistress Yseldra, as my noble companions have spoken. We are here to inquire about your contract with this Ophelia Peran and her current lease to Leventi. We have a writ to investigate Leventi and any evidence you can provide us with will aid us in restoring Law to its rightful place." Alden proudly declares as though he has had no fear in this.

Diplomacy, aid another 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Good grief.

Grand Lodge

Cirri's Familiar | Spells -/6/3/4 | Arcane Pool 9/10 | Flight Hex minutes 7/9 (Active) | GM Folio Reroll +2 | HP 75/78 | AC 25, T 13, FF 24 | Saves 6/7/7 | CMD 24 (26 vs trip) | Perception +7 | Init +1 | Female Human Magus 9 | Alignment NG |Mirror Image (7 images) 9 minutes | Ward on Ingrge

Feels like Hell itself doesn't want us to win, huh?

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

Yseldra scowls at Alexander. "So I'm a nighthag, it's true. This form is one of my favorites, my first victim, as it happens. But I assure you, human, I'm no one's mistress." Then she chuckles and winks at the inquisitor. "Why, are you, em, unattached and available?"

After the rest of the team explains why you've stopped by her shop, Yseldra nods. "You must be colleagues of Zarta Dralneen. She stopped by earlier and inquired about Ophelia Peran."

"Zarta's got a silver tongue for sure. She managed to talk me down to a sale price of only 10,000gp for the woman's contract. She said she's interested in Leventi."

Sense Motive DC20:
You sense that Yseldra is weary of doing business with that devil.

"Have you brought the gold?" Then her rheumy eyes light up behind her spectacles, and she cackles. "Or would you care to make a Dark Bargain, instead? I'm offering twice the going rate. You won't find a better deal anywhere in Hell, dearies."

Grand Lodge

Ifirit Unchained Barbarian 3/ Fighter 2/Techslinger 1/ Horizon Walker 4: HP 101/101 AC21 FF18 T13 Int +9 (+4 in Urban/Desert +2 in )Fort 15 Reflex 9 Will 3/ FireR 10/ Aligned CG

Obtrivi watches the proceedings, picking his nose and waiting for something to smash.

Man, of course I'd bring obtrivi into the talky scenario. My one character who's best bet is to keep mute during these things!


Spells -/6 | Greater Invisibility 3/3 (Active, 0/3 rounds)| Alignment CG HP 39/39 | AC 24 (T 17 FF 20) | Saves 6/8/7 | Perception +11 | Init +3 | Riddywhipple, Faerie Dragon familiar (Master) |

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 8 - 4 = 18 Lousy Hell penalty

"10,000 gold pieces...hmmm." Riddywhipple thinks.

"We could barter the wings of flying. Or we could try to win the diamond- that was worth 10,000 right?"

Grand Lodge

Cirri's Familiar | Spells -/6/3/4 | Arcane Pool 9/10 | Flight Hex minutes 7/9 (Active) | GM Folio Reroll +2 | HP 75/78 | AC 25, T 13, FF 24 | Saves 6/7/7 | CMD 24 (26 vs trip) | Perception +7 | Init +1 | Female Human Magus 9 | Alignment NG |Mirror Image (7 images) 9 minutes | Ward on Ingrge

Cirri keeps her mouth shut and only shudders as the Night Hag talks about her victims.

Silver Crusade

HP: 59/59 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 16 l F +9, R +6, W +11 l Adoration (7/7), Channel Energy (5/5), Clarifying Channel (1/1), Inspired (1/1), Resistant Touch (7/7) l L1: 5/5, D1: 1/1, L2: 4/4, D2: 1/1, L3: 2/3, D3: 1/1, L4: 2/2, D4: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +4
Skills:
Craft: Musical Instruments +10, Diplomacy +12, Heal +11, Kn. Arcana +5, Kn. History +6, Kn. Planes +8, Kn. Religion +11, Linguistics +5, Sense Motive +11, Spellcraft +5
Female NG Human Cleric (Ecclesitheurge) 7 l Active Conditions:

Sense Motive (DC 20): 1d20 + 11 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 11 - 4 = 20

"Mmm...I'm sure that is quite a generous deal compared to your usual rates," Nella nods earnestly. "But wouldn't being rid of Leventi and his poor business practices be worth some additional value in itself? Peace of mind is something that isn't easily found or bought, you know."
______________

If she'd take the Wings of Flying I'm all for it but she'll also be willing to endure another arena match for the diamond if that's what the group wants to do.

Dark Archive

M Human- Chelaxian LN Inquisitor-8 (Sanctified Slayer of Asmodeus), HP 67, AC 23 (touch 12, ff 21), Init +4. Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +9.

Alexander doesn't flinch at the mention of the unearthly liaison.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (6) + 16 = 22

As he smiles wryly at the Night Hag,"I am grateful and understand your beauty and power are frightening to some mortals... to those who have embraced the Dark Lord, it is exhilarating."

Knowledge (Planes): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30- what does Alexander know about similar mortal-immortal unions?

Pausing for a moment to gauge Yseldra's reaction(s).

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (12) + 16 = 28

(if she is actually interested) "We will get you the money you need, unless of course you would be willing to reduce the price based on our mutual attraction for each other?"

(if not)- "Thank you, we will get you your necessary payment. Will shall be back in a few hours. Will that be acceptable?"

"My companions and I will be having a few laughs in the arena... winning prizes, which should amuse you greatly. Would you care to watch the festivities for yourself?"

Based on whatever happens- Alexander plans on enjoying the spoils or his conquests!

Grand Lodge

Cirri's Familiar | Spells -/6/3/4 | Arcane Pool 9/10 | Flight Hex minutes 7/9 (Active) | GM Folio Reroll +2 | HP 75/78 | AC 25, T 13, FF 24 | Saves 6/7/7 | CMD 24 (26 vs trip) | Perception +7 | Init +1 | Female Human Magus 9 | Alignment NG |Mirror Image (7 images) 9 minutes | Ward on Ingrge

Cirri almost gags when Alexandyr serious considers dating that thing.

Dark Archive

PFS #76925-14 LN Male Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 6 / HellKnight 2 HP: 82/82| AC: 22/12/21 | Fort: +9| Ref: +5| Will: +5| Init: +1| Perc: +9| CMB: +8 +6 Vs Disarm| CMD: 20 +3 vs Disarm| Ada.H.Flail: +16;1d10+11| Longbow:+9;1d8| Reliable Strike 1/day
Skills:
Acrobatics:+1| Appraise:+2| Bluff:+1| Climb:-2| Diplo:+2| Inti: +9| Kn.(Dun/Eng/Loc/Pla/Reli): +10| Kn.(Noble/His): +3| Linguis:+4| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -4| Survival: +6| Swim: +3|

"We have a mission to perform and much as Milord Alexander wishes to indulge. We have the means to make payment." Alden speaks.

I have slightly more then 10k in gold though I'm loathe to spend it now.
Sense Motive? 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
Attempted Diplomacy 1d20 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 - 2 = 15

"You weary of this Leventi. So do we. Let us make a mutual pact to bring about his downfall. Especially since he has perverted the Law to his own twisted purpose."

Sovereign Court

CG Elf Arcanist 8 | HP: 58/58 | AC: 13 (T: 13, F: 10) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +9 | Perc: +11 | Speed 30 | Arcane Reservoir remaining: 7/11 | Low-light vision | Reroll | Conditions: Sickened

"Oh dear. Now I have seen it all," Erlathan can't help hold back a laugh at Alexander's advances. "You know, I've had a change of heart. I'm told I can be a little chaotic. Maybe I will go with this Dark Bargain if that's what we need to do. What's the worst that could happen anyway?"

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

"You intrigue me, mortal servant of Asmodeus. When you've finished your business in Dis, return to me." In very unmatronly fashion, Yseldra licks her lips. "Perhaps we could share a cup of coffee and see where it leads... "

Alexander recalls little has been recorded about consensual, amorous dalliances between humans and night hags. He'll be charting new territory.

The night hag drops any pretense regarding her disdain for Leventi. "I can't stand that fiend, and it pleases me that you, too, seek to undermine him. I'll take that into consideration. I don't suppose you have any information about Leventi’s latest acquisition, the Hellknight Teena Forester? I believe the Hellknight came from outside Dis’s core, from the Ghetto of Outcasts on the city’s outskirts. That information is valuable to me, as well."

"So, what are you offering for Ophenia Peran's contract, if indeed that's why you're here." When Erlathan offers a Dark Bargain, the night hag's eyes gleam with delight. "What did you have in mind, pretty elf?"

Yseldra is willing to haggle over the price.

Mechanics: Diplomacy or Profession (merchant) check to reduce the asking price.

Grand Lodge

Cirri's Familiar | Spells -/6/3/4 | Arcane Pool 9/10 | Flight Hex minutes 7/9 (Active) | GM Folio Reroll +2 | HP 75/78 | AC 25, T 13, FF 24 | Saves 6/7/7 | CMD 24 (26 vs trip) | Perception +7 | Init +1 | Female Human Magus 9 | Alignment NG |Mirror Image (7 images) 9 minutes | Ward on Ingrge

"Erlathan!" Cirri stomps. He's much too flippant for her tastes. The demon taint is already on his face, what about keeping his soul clean?

Devin wrote:
Devin produces an small clasp and hands it to you. "This is Teena Forester’s Order of the Pike insignia. If you meet her in your pursuit of Leventi, remind her of her duty."

Cirri considers the insignia. "We did hear a thing or two about her origins, yes. We'll throw that in, too."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 3 - 4 = 6

Cirri is clearly uncomfortable with this entire ordeal. Alexander and Erlathan are surrendering themselves way too easily. "Even if this doesn't work out I do have the money on hand. Calm down, everyone."


Spells -/6 | Greater Invisibility 3/3 (Active, 0/3 rounds)| Alignment CG HP 39/39 | AC 24 (T 17 FF 20) | Saves 6/8/7 | Perception +11 | Init +3 | Riddywhipple, Faerie Dragon familiar (Master) |

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 7 - 4 = 6

All of this soul talk is too much for RIddywhipple. He breaks character to fly outside and take a deep breath.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 59/59 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 16 l F +9, R +6, W +11 l Adoration (7/7), Channel Energy (5/5), Clarifying Channel (1/1), Inspired (1/1), Resistant Touch (7/7) l L1: 5/5, D1: 1/1, L2: 4/4, D2: 1/1, L3: 2/3, D3: 1/1, L4: 2/2, D4: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +4
Skills:
Craft: Musical Instruments +10, Diplomacy +12, Heal +11, Kn. Arcana +5, Kn. History +6, Kn. Planes +8, Kn. Religion +11, Linguistics +5, Sense Motive +11, Spellcraft +5
Female NG Human Cleric (Ecclesitheurge) 7 l Active Conditions:

Nella inwardly face-palms; propositioning their contacts was bad enough but seriously considering a Dark Bargain?

Now it'll be a wonder if we can talk her into accepting anything else!

"Ah...well, um, whatever you and our associate Alexander want to do during your off-hours isn't any of our business of course," Nella remarks, trying to keep her cool. "But I'm sure you get plenty of Dark Bargains from other clients - there's so many souls out there who'd sooner sell their own mother than part with a single gold piece, you know?"

"And since we do seem to see eye-to-eye where Leventi is concerned then surely a smaller sum of gold and information on Teena Forester would be enough?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 12 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 12 - 4 = 28

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

Nella's argument appears to have won over the hard-hearted old hag.

Once she hears your intentions toward Leventi and what you know about Teena Forester, Yseldra turns to a polished ebony filing cabinet, retrieving a vellum document, sealed with congealed blood like a melted gummy bear. "This contract has a street value of 20,000gp. Zarta's a tough negotiator, but you, young lady, have serious skills."

The sweet little old lady-looking night hag hands the contract to the Nella. "Ophelia Peran's soul. It's yours. No charge." She cackles once more. "Screw that damned Leventi. He deserves whatever punishment Dispater curses him with."

To Erlathan, she says "You serious about a Dark Bargain? Ol' Yseldra can hook you up, don't you worry."

As you leave the shop, Yseldra gives Alexander a wink filled with promise.

Grand Lodge

Cirri's Familiar | Spells -/6/3/4 | Arcane Pool 9/10 | Flight Hex minutes 7/9 (Active) | GM Folio Reroll +2 | HP 75/78 | AC 25, T 13, FF 24 | Saves 6/7/7 | CMD 24 (26 vs trip) | Perception +7 | Init +1 | Female Human Magus 9 | Alignment NG |Mirror Image (7 images) 9 minutes | Ward on Ingrge

Cirri and Riddywhipple finish hyperventilating outside the shop. "We're not even here for a day and... oh man, let's get this over with."

"We have Ophelia Peran's soul, right?" Cirri frowns at the contract. "So we can just ask her for details on Leventi. Is that how it works?"

Cirri has +17 to K Planes but no K Religion. I'm not sure if she knows how obedient Ophelia will be.

251 to 300 of 608 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Lorenzo's #10-08: What Prestige is Worth (Tiers 7-11) - OUTPOST II All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.