GM Lorenzo's #10-08: What Prestige is Worth - OUTPOST II (Inactive)

Game Master Lawrence Smith 2

Maps, Handouts, and More!


401 to 450 of 608 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Ifirit Unchained Barbarian 3/ Fighter 2/Techslinger 1/ Horizon Walker 4: HP 101/101 AC21 FF18 T13 Int +9 (+4 in Urban/Desert +2 in )Fort 15 Reflex 9 Will 3/ FireR 10/ Aligned CG

Obtrivi pats her on the shoulder with his heavy hand.

Obtrivi sent to pathfinder society because big sister tired of Obtrivi Temper. Now, when Obtrivi CRUSH things, it makes people smile, not cry! You be pathfinder, you learn how to CRUSH things so people smile to!

Diplomacy aid: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

Sovereign Court

CG Elf Arcanist 8 | HP: 58/58 | AC: 13 (T: 13, F: 10) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +9 | Perc: +11 | Speed 30 | Arcane Reservoir remaining: 7/11 | Low-light vision | Reroll | Conditions: Sickened

"Redemption and adventure, all tied up in a pretty box with a cooperation ribbon. Oh, and lots of excuses to practice magic," Erlathan adds. "You might really consider it. Anything's gotta beat the Boneyard!"

Diplomacy (Aid): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

"Well, then I must join the Pathfinder Society," Ophelia sighs, resigned to the decision you've made for her.

Sense Motive DC20:
It's unclear if she is joining of her own free will, or because you possess her soul. Perhaps, if she possessed the contract herself, her choice would truly be her own to make.


Spells -/4 | Greater Invisibility 2/3 | Alignment CG HP 33/39 | AC 24 (T 17 FF 20) | Saves 6/8/7 | Perception +11 | Init +3 | Riddywhipple, Faerie Dragon familiar (Master) |

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 8 - 4 = 12

"Well then. That's settled."

Silver Crusade

HP: 35/59 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 16 l F +9, R +6, W +11 l Adoration (7/7), Channel Energy (4/5), Clarifying Channel (1/1), Inspired (0/1), Resistant Touch (7/7) l L1: 4/5, D1: 1/1, L2: 2/4, D2: 1/1, L3: 2/3, D3: 1/1, L4: 2/2, D4: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +4
Skills:
Craft: Musical Instruments +10, Diplomacy +12, Heal +11, Kn. Arcana +5, Kn. History +6, Kn. Planes +8, Kn. Religion +11, Linguistics +5, Sense Motive +11, Spellcraft +5
Female NG Human Cleric (Ecclesitheurge) 7 l Active Conditions:

Sense Motive (DC 20): 1d20 + 11 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 11 - 4 = 15

"It's not so bad," Nella smiles, possibly misinterpreting Ophelia's sigh. "I joined up after my mother died and my best friend went traipsing off to Osirion to meet a sphinx. Sometimes the tasks are a little, um...'out there' and 'not entirely law-abiding' but we do good work, I think."

"Oh but just as a heads up, our lodges seem to be really tempting targets for enemies. Especially the Grand Lodge in Absalom and sometimes even Absalom itself. You'd think maybe just once they'd try something different and attack like, the next town over...which I think would be Diobel...but no, it's always Absalom," she sighs.

"Thankfully you get used to it after the second or third time."

Dark Archive

PFS #76925-14 LN Male Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 6 / HellKnight 2 HP: 82/82| AC: 22/12/21 | Fort: +9| Ref: +5| Will: +5| Init: +1| Perc: +9| CMB: +8 +6 Vs Disarm| CMD: 20 +3 vs Disarm| Ada.H.Flail: +16;1d10+11| Longbow:+9;1d8| Reliable Strike 1/day
Skills:
Acrobatics:+1| Appraise:+2| Bluff:+1| Climb:-2| Diplo:+2| Inti: +9| Kn.(Dun/Eng/Loc/Pla/Reli): +10| Kn.(Noble/His): +3| Linguis:+4| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -4| Survival: +6| Swim: +3|

Sense Motive 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

"You have made a good choice." Alden praises.

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

With so many in your entourage familiar with the city of Dis, it only takes an hour or so to reach the Fallen Fastness.

The now familiar mountainous stone structure still pierces the burning skies of Dis like a jagged thorn. The battalion of fiends continue their vigil outside its hundred-foot-tall iron doors.

Inside, the diabolic scholars meander their way through the maze of iron-chained shelves, tomes silently beckoning to prospective readers and promising infernal secrets, while bottled souls peer longingly or fearfully at passersby.

Hundreds of floors stretch up from the atrium, and beneath the smoky obsidian floor, countless imps and other fiends still toil over a scroll that spirals downward for miles.

Spectacles levitating before his squinting eyes, Phlagantres peers down his pug nose as you return to the library.

The immense, fleshy creature weighed down by his heavy lead robes, moves about on his imposing floating iron throne. Realizing you're back, he turns his back and busies himself with more important matters than curious mortals running errands and fetching things for a lesser devil.

Zarta asks you, "Is there more evidence you wish to collect here, before we head for Leventi's Scriptorium?"

Another post follows with the mechanics...

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

There are a number of ways you could seek more evidence in the Fallen Fastness.

1) Having met the Hellknights in the Ghetto of Outcasts, you can spend a couple of hours reviewing the Scroll of Sins and—with a successful Linguistics or Profession (barrister or scribe) check or a more challenging Perception check—try to confirm that the Hellknights were wrongfully damned.

Dozens of devils work around the scroll, and getting a good view without offending them looks difficult, as does navigating the treacherous balconies, black pools, and staggering drops to get a closer look. A PC who succeeds at a DC20 Acrobatics, Climb, Fly, or Survival check gains a +5 circumstance bonus on checks to review the Scroll of Sins.

The Fallen Fastness is a virtually impenetrable vault that contains many of Hell’s contracts, and in order to preserve these treasures, mortals are rarely allowed to see the originals. Instead, mortals can make a case to review copies, at which point the curator can create a copy or secure one from the archives. The curator on duty is Phlagantres.

2) You could approach the curator directly and ask to look at specific contracts, like those of the Hellknights and Gellius Thrune. If you can gain the heresy devil's cooperation, this would be the quickest way to obtain the information you seek. A PC can only persuade him to relent by making a reasoned argument about how the request is in his or Hell’s interests, followed by success at a Bluff or Diplomacy check.

3) Rather than work with Phlagantres, you may instead examine the large piles of copied contracts and other documents that await re-shelving or incineration. In order to study more than a few lines, though, you would need to free the documents from the pile without upsetting the numerous imps that patrol the area. Doing so requires a PC to succeed at a Sleight of Hand or Stealth check. Disturbing the imps during their work would earn the curator Phlagrantes's ire.

Whatever your method, once you have several contracts, it would take a couple of hours more to study the documents. This requires a successful Linguistics or Profession (barrister or merchant) check.

Time Elapsed: 26/48
Evidence Tally: 6

Grand Lodge

Ifirit Unchained Barbarian 3/ Fighter 2/Techslinger 1/ Horizon Walker 4: HP 101/101 AC21 FF18 T13 Int +9 (+4 in Urban/Desert +2 in )Fort 15 Reflex 9 Will 3/ FireR 10/ Aligned CG

Obtrivi listens as the other pathfinders talk about what needs to be done.

OBTRIVI HELP!

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

The cloud of imps that goes flying as obtrivi runs through them in an attempt to go find the scrolls that the team needs.... is not promising. He soon returns with several scrolls, again blowing through all the obstacles in his path.

HELPING!

Time would tell if any of those scrolls are useful... (probably not.)

Grand Lodge

Cirri's Familiar | Spells -/6/3/2 | Arcane Pool 6/10 (Active) | Flight Hex minutes 7/9 | GM Folio Reroll +2 | +2 Flaming Quarterstaff | Bless Weapon, 7 minutes | +2 Quarterstaff HP 63/78 | AC 25, T 13, FF 23 | Saves 6/7/7 | CMD 24 (26 vs trip) | Perception +7 | Init +1 | Female Human Magus 9 | Alignment NG |Mirror Image (1 images) 9 minutes | Ward on Ingrge

Cirri looks at the Scroll of Sins.
Linguistics: 1d20 + 9 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 9 - 4 = 22

Her nose wrinkles as she looks through all of the names. "Where are the Hellknights. Is that my name? What? I was a saint that night!" A few imps stare at her. "I mean, I was a real devil. I mean, ...ugh."

Cirri prepares to study the bulk of the documents.
Linguistics: 1d20 + 9 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 9 - 4 = 10


Spells -/4 | Greater Invisibility 2/3 | Alignment CG HP 33/39 | AC 24 (T 17 FF 20) | Saves 6/8/7 | Perception +11 | Init +3 | Riddywhipple, Faerie Dragon familiar (Master) |

Stealth: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (14) + 17 = 31

As Obtrivi causes a ruckus, Riddywhipple emerges with a pike of copied scrolls. "Well, that was easy."

"Cirri, let me help you read these scrolls."
Linguistics: 1d20 + 10 - 6 ⇒ (7) + 10 - 6 = 11

Dark Archive

PFS #76925-14 LN Male Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 6 / HellKnight 2 HP: 82/82| AC: 22/12/21 | Fort: +9| Ref: +5| Will: +5| Init: +1| Perc: +9| CMB: +8 +6 Vs Disarm| CMD: 20 +3 vs Disarm| Ada.H.Flail: +16;1d10+11| Longbow:+9;1d8| Reliable Strike 1/day
Skills:
Acrobatics:+1| Appraise:+2| Bluff:+1| Climb:-2| Diplo:+2| Inti: +9| Kn.(Dun/Eng/Loc/Pla/Reli): +10| Kn.(Noble/His): +3| Linguis:+4| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -4| Survival: +6| Swim: +3|

Linguistics 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Alden attempts to look through for more evidence that those hellknights he's met are innocent of the verdict but doesn't get very far.....

Dark Archive

M Human- Chelaxian LN Inquisitor-8 (Sanctified Slayer of Asmodeus), HP 67, AC 23 (touch 12, ff 21), Init +4. Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +9.

Although not skilled in languages, Alexander will make an earnest effort to look through the Scroll of Sins (which is absolutely fascinating reading).

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14

It doesn't appear that Alexander was very successful in finding any useful information... he's no doubt entertained... but not much more.

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

Unwilling to simply ask the curator Phalgrantes for his assistance, the team elects to do things the hard and slow way.

Eventually, after everyone spends a couple of hours of searching the Scroll of Sins, Cirri cries "Eureka!". Everyone converges on the magus to see what she's found.

"Just as we'd suspected, this entry here confirms that the Hellknights were wrongfully damned. More evidence of Leventi's shenanigans."

The magus continues, "The Hellknights’ contracts include two different documents both signed by the Hellknight Staebius Kalmp. The first damns his soul to Hell in exchange for the physical strength with which to subdue the untamed wilds. The second forgives the debt of his soul in exchange for the souls of his four subordinates, recognized by the contract’s author as the signer’s property."

With a sage expression, Tholvinus adds, "Signing away a subordinate’s soul in place of one’s own is quite irregular."

Zarta nods and smiles, "Well done, Pathfinders." Then she frowns. "I couldn't find anything on Gellius Thrune. One of the imp librarians told me that Gellius Thrune’s contract is only accessible by requesting it from Phlagantres directly."

You earn 1 Evidence Point for reviewing the Hellknights’ contracts to confirm Leventi’s suspicious deal-making.
Time Elapsed: 28/48
Evidence Tally: 7

Speak to Plagrantes or report to Vetrivides?

Grand Lodge

Cirri's Familiar | Spells -/6/3/2 | Arcane Pool 6/10 (Active) | Flight Hex minutes 7/9 | GM Folio Reroll +2 | +2 Flaming Quarterstaff | Bless Weapon, 7 minutes | +2 Quarterstaff HP 63/78 | AC 25, T 13, FF 23 | Saves 6/7/7 | CMD 24 (26 vs trip) | Perception +7 | Init +1 | Female Human Magus 9 | Alignment NG |Mirror Image (1 images) 9 minutes | Ward on Ingrge

"Alright, easy part complete." Cirri frowns. "Time for the hard part: Asking a devil for help... can someone else do the talking?"


Spells -/4 | Greater Invisibility 2/3 | Alignment CG HP 33/39 | AC 24 (T 17 FF 20) | Saves 6/8/7 | Perception +11 | Init +3 | Riddywhipple, Faerie Dragon familiar (Master) |

"I'll help!" Riddywhipple pulls out his coat, hat and mask.

Diplomacy(Aid): 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 8 - 4 = 18

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

Eager to help, Riddywhipple dons his coat, hat and mask and approaches the heresy devil Phlagantres.

No longer able to pretend to ignore you, the curator turns to the faerie dragon and in a booming voice asks, "Yes, tiny fey creature, how can I, Phlagrantes, be of service to you?"

You can ask to look at specific contracts, and gain the heresy devil's cooperation, by making a reasoned argument about how the request is in his or Hell’s interests, followed by a successful Bluff or Diplomacy check.

Silver Crusade

HP: 35/59 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 16 l F +9, R +6, W +11 l Adoration (7/7), Channel Energy (4/5), Clarifying Channel (1/1), Inspired (0/1), Resistant Touch (7/7) l L1: 4/5, D1: 1/1, L2: 2/4, D2: 1/1, L3: 2/3, D3: 1/1, L4: 2/2, D4: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +4
Skills:
Craft: Musical Instruments +10, Diplomacy +12, Heal +11, Kn. Arcana +5, Kn. History +6, Kn. Planes +8, Kn. Religion +11, Linguistics +5, Sense Motive +11, Spellcraft +5
Female NG Human Cleric (Ecclesitheurge) 7 l Active Conditions:

Nella sidesteps up next to Riddywhipple and gives Phlagantres a nervous smile. "Um, we'd like to have a look at the contract of Gellius Thrune, please. We have reason to believe that Leventi's shoddy deal-making extends to his contract, or at least parts of it," she explains. "We have the authority to investigate - if that's a concern - and have already turned up enough evidence against Leventi that it seems likely that a lot of his deals haven't been on the up-and-up as far as Hell is concerned..."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 12 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 12 - 4 = 14
Diplomacy (Inspired Trait): 1d20 + 12 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 12 - 4 = 9
______________

Meh, was hoping using Inspired might help but apparently not.

Dark Archive

PFS #76925-14 LN Male Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 6 / HellKnight 2 HP: 82/82| AC: 22/12/21 | Fort: +9| Ref: +5| Will: +5| Init: +1| Perc: +9| CMB: +8 +6 Vs Disarm| CMD: 20 +3 vs Disarm| Ada.H.Flail: +16;1d10+11| Longbow:+9;1d8| Reliable Strike 1/day
Skills:
Acrobatics:+1| Appraise:+2| Bluff:+1| Climb:-2| Diplo:+2| Inti: +9| Kn.(Dun/Eng/Loc/Pla/Reli): +10| Kn.(Noble/His): +3| Linguis:+4| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -4| Survival: +6| Swim: +3|

Stepping up, ALden gives a formal bow to the devil and begins speaking as well.

Diplomacy 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
"Honored one, We have turned up various evidences implicating Leventi in several Law Breaking matters. Such has also drawn..." He shows the pin affixed to his tabard.
"Others of interest to look into the matter as well. Gellius Throne Contract which is in your possession is also likely one of Leventi's machinations and likely Unlawful as well. In the interest of our current patrons, hell and one I served, we require your assistance in allowing us to review said contract."

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

Phlagantres scowls at Alden, but presented with the writ from Vetrivides and the badges from Rowane, the aid of Nella and Riddywhipple, and with the considerable rapport established by Paracountess Zarta Dralneen during her earlier sojourns in the library's stacks and her undeniable charm, the curator throws up his clawed hands and relents with a suppressed growl.

"Fine. Please wait here 30 minutes, while I have the contract procured and copied for your use."

Phalgrantes delivers a telepathic command to one of his subordinates, and the imp scampers off immediately.

---

A half hour later, the little devil returns, and at a nod from the intimidating curator, it hands the document over to you.

The contract is especially ornate, though its core agreement is fairly straightforward: Gellius Thrune exchanged his soul for extensive legal advice and direct assistance in defending House Thrune against slanderous attacks.

Your request appears to have earned the interest of Jarluxis, the contract devil you met during your first visit to the Fallen Fastness. She leans over peering at the copy of the document. "This might be the only legitimate contract Leventi ever negotiated."

Her supreme disappointment is obvious, as is Zarta's. Jarluxis stalks off, in pursuit of other duties.

Tholvinus seems distressed. "Looks like you'll have to kill the bastard after all. I don't know how you'll free Gellius otherwise."

"This contract is proof that Gellius has much he could tell us about his secret dealings on behalf of House Thrune. We need get him out of here and question him in a more conducive, 'undisclosed' location." Zarta straightens her shoulders and runs a hand through her hair. "If you need to make any preparations, do so now. It's time we head to Leventi's Scriptorium. I'm sure Vetrivides will be interest to hear what we've learned."

She removes the pin from her hair and puts it into her pathfinder pouch. "Best if we stow the badges Rowane gave us. Vetrivides might not appreciate our agreement to inform her--and the Queen of Dis--of what we've learned, as well."

Silver Crusade

HP: 35/59 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 16 l F +9, R +6, W +11 l Adoration (7/7), Channel Energy (4/5), Clarifying Channel (1/1), Inspired (0/1), Resistant Touch (7/7) l L1: 4/5, D1: 1/1, L2: 2/4, D2: 1/1, L3: 2/3, D3: 1/1, L4: 2/2, D4: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +4
Skills:
Craft: Musical Instruments +10, Diplomacy +12, Heal +11, Kn. Arcana +5, Kn. History +6, Kn. Planes +8, Kn. Religion +11, Linguistics +5, Sense Motive +11, Spellcraft +5
Female NG Human Cleric (Ecclesitheurge) 7 l Active Conditions:

"Well...that sounds disturbingly final, doesn't it?" Nella sighs as she removes Rowane's badge and tucks it into her pack. "Most of my protective magics either won't last too long or, um...are the sort that I need to be mindful of proximity for..." she explains, shooting a glance at Phalgrantes and their two little imp companions.

"On the other hand, I do have a wand that might come in handy," Nella continues, producing said wand from her pack. "It makes you lucky! And it'll last a full 24 hours or until you make use of its magic, whichever happens first." To prove her point, she gives herself a tap with it.

Nella's Lucky Number: 1d20 ⇒ 11

The priestess glances around and then adds in a low voice, "I'm also packing a Holy Weapon Balm. You have to be quick in applying it because it won't last long but since I think we're still hidden from Dispater's gaze for a time it might come in handy without drawing too much attention to us!"
______________

Nella will give anyone who wants it a tap with her wand of Lucky Number~

Grand Lodge

Cirri's Familiar | Spells -/6/3/2 | Arcane Pool 6/10 (Active) | Flight Hex minutes 7/9 | GM Folio Reroll +2 | +2 Flaming Quarterstaff | Bless Weapon, 7 minutes | +2 Quarterstaff HP 63/78 | AC 25, T 13, FF 23 | Saves 6/7/7 | CMD 24 (26 vs trip) | Perception +7 | Init +1 | Female Human Magus 9 | Alignment NG |Mirror Image (1 images) 9 minutes | Ward on Ingrge

Cirri puts the pin away. A chance to kill another devil. She can't help but smile.

Lucky Number: 1d20 ⇒ 19

"Right. Riddywhipple, use your wand of Mage Armor and let's get ready."

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

You travel through the labyrinthian library to Leventi’s scriptorium. Glowing runes bar passage into or out of the scriptorium, though as you approach with Vetrivides’s authority, the barrier dissipates.

Tholvinus and Artylget refuse to enter the scriptorium. "We'll wait here. No sense risking our own lives."

Through the double doors, the contract devil’s sanctum is part living nightmare and part museum.

From what Tholvinus and Leventi's agents had told you, the collection of rooms is actually scattered throughout the Fallen Fastness, connected by arcane conduits that resemble infernal contracts.

Silver flames along the wall accent the features in this statuary chamber. A marble humanoid devil with four horns stands proudly in the center, draped in robes and reaching toward the horizon. Regal statues of humans line the walls. Three large wall scrolls with writhing text adorn the north, west, and east walls. The glow emanating from the displays and the infernal contracts provides dim illumination.

The bone devil Vetrivides awaits you here, currently inspecting an opaque steel hourglass attached to the base of the devil statue in the center of the chamber.

The osyluth looms over you and impatiently demands your report. "Well, mortals, what have you learned? Did you confirm my suspicions regarding Leventi?"

He notices your gaze taking in the room's furnishings. "Since claiming Gellius Thrune and seeing the opportunity that Abrogail I’s bargain with Asmodeus created for those with authority over House Thrune, Leventi has obsessed over the family, collecting books, trophies, dwellings, and souls connected to the damned lineage."

Several of these souls, like unseen servants, wander this area, partly visible and weighed down with chains as they clean and organized the devil’s possessions.

DC20 Knowledge (history):
Leventi had these walls dismantled and extracted from a fallen temple of Aroden outside Ostenso in Cheliax. The middle statue depicts Leventi, while the six around the chamber are the monarchs of House Thrune: Abrogail I, Antoninus, Terthule, Carellia, Infrexus, and Abrogail II.

DC15 Knowledge (arcana) or Spellcraft:
The scrolls serve as supernatural conduits to other parts of Leventi’s quarters.

Unless otherwise noted, the ceilings here are 20 feet high, and the glow emanating from the display cases and infernal contracts provides dim illumination.

Grand Lodge

Cirri's Familiar | Spells -/6/3/2 | Arcane Pool 6/10 (Active) | Flight Hex minutes 7/9 | GM Folio Reroll +2 | +2 Flaming Quarterstaff | Bless Weapon, 7 minutes | +2 Quarterstaff HP 63/78 | AC 25, T 13, FF 23 | Saves 6/7/7 | CMD 24 (26 vs trip) | Perception +7 | Init +1 | Female Human Magus 9 | Alignment NG |Mirror Image (1 images) 9 minutes | Ward on Ingrge

Cirri nods to the two imps. "Right, stay out here for now."

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (12) + 15 = 27

"The scrolls are like conduits to different parts of Leventi's quarters." Cirri scans the area.

Then she notices the bone devil that creeped her out before. "R-r-right. Leventi agreed to amend Staebius Kalmp's contract to damn his lieutenants instead of his soul, which was the original agreement."

"And then Leventi put a bounty on our heads, but the bounty was still pending. He sent assassins after us, anyway. That violates subsection 66.6."

"Uh, there was more stuff." She turns to her party. "Can any of you chime in?" This thing is staring at me again.

Silver Crusade

HP: 35/59 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 16 l F +9, R +6, W +11 l Adoration (7/7), Channel Energy (4/5), Clarifying Channel (1/1), Inspired (0/1), Resistant Touch (7/7) l L1: 4/5, D1: 1/1, L2: 2/4, D2: 1/1, L3: 2/3, D3: 1/1, L4: 2/2, D4: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +4
Skills:
Craft: Musical Instruments +10, Diplomacy +12, Heal +11, Kn. Arcana +5, Kn. History +6, Kn. Planes +8, Kn. Religion +11, Linguistics +5, Sense Motive +11, Spellcraft +5
Female NG Human Cleric (Ecclesitheurge) 7 l Active Conditions:

Kn. History: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Nella feels like there's something about this room that she ought to know or recognize but finds herself unable to recall what it is thanks to Vetrivides' scrutiny of herself and her companions.

"Uhm...there was also the matter of Kirash Nouri and his deal with Leventi; Kirash offered up a property of Leventi's choosing in exchange for a Wish. Leventi chose Kirash's slave Narsino but Kirash had already submitted paperwork to free the slave...which meant he wasn't actually Kirash's property anymore," she explains.

She thinks for a moment, trying to mentally recount everything they'd learned. "There was also the soul contract of Ophelia Peran; originally rented out to Leventi by Ysrelda the night hag but Ysrelda had expressed some frustration with Leventi's high-pressure tactics to try and buy the contract outright."

"Oh! And we also spoke with Arenthea the fallen agathion - she acquired Thrune relics for Leventi and performed several simple services that would have made it easier for someone to steal heirlooms outright," Nella adds. "She seemed to think that those events suggested that Leventi may have acquired some of his collection through reckless or unlawful means."

Nella looks to her companions. "Is there anything I'm forgetting?"

Dark Archive

M Human- Chelaxian LN Inquisitor-8 (Sanctified Slayer of Asmodeus), HP 67, AC 23 (touch 12, ff 21), Init +4. Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +9.

Alexander remains calm and isn't distracted by the macabe features of the room.

knowledge (Arcana): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

"As my companions have stated... Leventi has violated contracts and oaths written in the exacting language of Hell. She must be made to pay... A job that we would be willing to undertake if we were given the authority to do so."

"Praise the Dark Lord."

Dark Archive

PFS #76925-14 LN Male Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 6 / HellKnight 2 HP: 82/82| AC: 22/12/21 | Fort: +9| Ref: +5| Will: +5| Init: +1| Perc: +9| CMB: +8 +6 Vs Disarm| CMD: 20 +3 vs Disarm| Ada.H.Flail: +16;1d10+11| Longbow:+9;1d8| Reliable Strike 1/day
Skills:
Acrobatics:+1| Appraise:+2| Bluff:+1| Climb:-2| Diplo:+2| Inti: +9| Kn.(Dun/Eng/Loc/Pla/Reli): +10| Kn.(Noble/His): +3| Linguis:+4| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -4| Survival: +6| Swim: +3|

Knowledge (History( 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

"We have presented our findings. Honored one. Please have relay your orders to us."

Sovereign Court

CG Elf Arcanist 8 | HP: 58/58 | AC: 13 (T: 13, F: 10) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +9 | Perc: +11 | Speed 30 | Arcane Reservoir remaining: 7/11 | Low-light vision | Reroll | Conditions: Sickened

"I apologize, friends, but my mental vargouilles are surging," Erlathan lags behind in the explanation. "But I have nothing more to add."

Kn (History): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (11) + 16 = 27

The elf scans the room, and then raises his index finger to speak. "Actually... Theses statues... These walls were dismantled and extracted from a fallen temple of Aroden outside Ostenso in Cheliax. The middle statue depicts Leventi, while the six around the chamber are the monarchs of House Thrune: Abrogail I, Antoninus, Terthule, Carellia, Infrexus, and Abrogail II."

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

When Erlathan identifies the statues, Zarta approaches the six representations of former Thrune rulers, admiring their life-like rendering. "Masterful."

Vetrivides listens to Nella recount the results of your investigation. "Not bad work, I suppose, given your mortal limitations," the bone devil offers in a backhanded compliment of your accomplishments.

"There's enough there in your findings to make a case against Leventi," Vetrivides conveys. "Your taks now is to explore the scriptorium and arrest Leventi. Destroy him if he resists."

The osyluth grins maliciously, "Why give Leventi the satisfaction of being arrested by a peer, when sending mortals to do the job would convey the weight of his failures? Ah, sweet irony, and fitting justice!"

Cirri and Erlathan turn their attention to the large wall scrolls that are portals to the other rooms.

The pair of spellcasters deduce that by pressing against a scroll, you can push your way through it as though it were a viscous fluid. Once you're partly absorbed, the scroll draws you in and channels you to a corresponding scroll.
(This process takes 1 round, depositing the creature into the next room at the beginning of its next turn. The process causes some of the scroll’s text to adhere to you like tattoos (Will DC14 negates--DC12, because Cirri and Erlathan discovered and warned you of the danger), and for each such marking, a creature receives a cumulative –1 penalty on saving throws against Leventi’s spell-like abilities. The markings and their penalties last for 1 hour. Any effect that can destroy writing (such as erase) can eliminate all of the text on one creature.)

Zarta observes, "We're in the entrance hall. Tholvinus had informed us that the study is through the portal to the west; the archives are to the east; and the museum is to the north. He wasn't certain what lies beyond that."

Map & Images

She looks at you. "Ready? Where shall we begin?"

(Rule of Two. Please attempt the DC12 Will save every time you transit through a portal.)

Grand Lodge

Cirri's Familiar | Spells -/6/3/2 | Arcane Pool 6/10 (Active) | Flight Hex minutes 7/9 | GM Folio Reroll +2 | +2 Flaming Quarterstaff | Bless Weapon, 7 minutes | +2 Quarterstaff HP 63/78 | AC 25, T 13, FF 23 | Saves 6/7/7 | CMD 24 (26 vs trip) | Perception +7 | Init +1 | Female Human Magus 9 | Alignment NG |Mirror Image (1 images) 9 minutes | Ward on Ingrge

"Yeah, justice." Cirri lets the devil crow and boast. Meanwhile, Cirri realizes she's one step closer.

"Well. Leventi is probably in his study. I say we look there first."
Whatever the party agrees to, Cirri presses through the scroll...

Will Save: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 7 - 4 = 15

Riddywhipple's Will Save: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 7 - 4 = 4

Silver Crusade

HP: 35/59 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 16 l F +9, R +6, W +11 l Adoration (7/7), Channel Energy (4/5), Clarifying Channel (1/1), Inspired (0/1), Resistant Touch (7/7) l L1: 4/5, D1: 1/1, L2: 2/4, D2: 1/1, L3: 2/3, D3: 1/1, L4: 2/2, D4: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +4
Skills:
Craft: Musical Instruments +10, Diplomacy +12, Heal +11, Kn. Arcana +5, Kn. History +6, Kn. Planes +8, Kn. Religion +11, Linguistics +5, Sense Motive +11, Spellcraft +5
Female NG Human Cleric (Ecclesitheurge) 7 l Active Conditions:

"Well, can't argue with that logic," Nella muses. She patiently waits her turn and then takes a deep breath before stepping into the scroll behind Cirri & Riddywhipple...

Will (DC 12): 1d20 + 11 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 11 - 4 = 21

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

To advance play, I'll roll the rest of the Will saves:

planar penalty, Alden Will DC12: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 5 - 2 = 10
planar penalty, Alexander Will DC12: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 8 - 2 = 25
planar penalty, Erlathan Will DC12: 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 8 - 4 = 10
planar penalty, Obtrivi Will DC12: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 3 - 4 = 5

Alexander, please add your saving throw modifiers to your tagline.

You enter the portal and exit the other side, emerging one by one. The experience is somewhat unsettling, more so for Alden, Erlathan, Obtrivi, and Riddywhipple, the viscous runes clinging to their skin like tattoos.

A steep, narrow staircase spirals down one hundred feet to an isolated office with a simple wooden writing desk, a bookshelf stuffed with heavy legal texts, and an iron post with chains and manacles attached.

Zarta's eyes take in the room and its contents. "Leventi must have somehow acquired this Kantarian spire from a scion of House Narikopolus. I recall that a contemporary scribe chronicled Iomadae’s mortal deeds here."

The room's only occupant is one of Leventi's soul servants, chained and silent, keeping the room spotless. You begin your search.
You can substitute a Profession (librarian) check for Perception here, if you'd like.

Dark Archive

PFS #76925-14 LN Male Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 6 / HellKnight 2 HP: 82/82| AC: 22/12/21 | Fort: +9| Ref: +5| Will: +5| Init: +1| Perc: +9| CMB: +8 +6 Vs Disarm| CMD: 20 +3 vs Disarm| Ada.H.Flail: +16;1d10+11| Longbow:+9;1d8| Reliable Strike 1/day
Skills:
Acrobatics:+1| Appraise:+2| Bluff:+1| Climb:-2| Diplo:+2| Inti: +9| Kn.(Dun/Eng/Loc/Pla/Reli): +10| Kn.(Noble/His): +3| Linguis:+4| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -4| Survival: +6| Swim: +3|

Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25
Will Save for future room 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

"My armor requires a through cleaning after this whole episode." Alden grumbles as he takes note of the tattoos on his skin.

Helping his companions, he too begins searching the library.
"More evidence to implicate this Leventi, I would like him to feel my flail...should he attempt to resist arrest."

Silver Crusade

HP: 35/59 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 16 l F +9, R +6, W +11 l Adoration (7/7), Channel Energy (4/5), Clarifying Channel (1/1), Inspired (0/1), Resistant Touch (7/7) l L1: 4/5, D1: 1/1, L2: 2/4, D2: 1/1, L3: 2/3, D3: 1/1, L4: 2/2, D4: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +4
Skills:
Craft: Musical Instruments +10, Diplomacy +12, Heal +11, Kn. Arcana +5, Kn. History +6, Kn. Planes +8, Kn. Religion +11, Linguistics +5, Sense Motive +11, Spellcraft +5
Female NG Human Cleric (Ecclesitheurge) 7 l Active Conditions:

"Mm...normally I'd say that rifling through Leventi's personal things isn't a good idea but we seem to have carte blanche now, don't we?"

Nella joins in the search, choosing to have a closer look at whatever might lie inside the desk first.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 - 4 = 2

"Ew...Leventi ought to clean out his desk more often," the priestess remarks with a grimace. "There's a half-eaten sandwich in here that looks like it's on the verge of gaining sentience!"

Grand Lodge

Cirri's Familiar | Spells -/6/3/2 | Arcane Pool 6/10 (Active) | Flight Hex minutes 7/9 | GM Folio Reroll +2 | +2 Flaming Quarterstaff | Bless Weapon, 7 minutes | +2 Quarterstaff HP 63/78 | AC 25, T 13, FF 23 | Saves 6/7/7 | CMD 24 (26 vs trip) | Perception +7 | Init +1 | Female Human Magus 9 | Alignment NG |Mirror Image (1 images) 9 minutes | Ward on Ingrge

"Ew." Cirri sees the sandwich. "I wonder how spicy the sandwich must be, considering what goes on down here. Or maybe it's bland and that's considered exotic down here."

Perception: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 7 - 4 = 8
Riddywhipple's Perception: 1d20 + 11 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 11 - 4 = 16

"Um... I don't see anything here. Do you?"

Once the search is complete, Cirri shrugs. "Do you want to return to the main hall, then go to the museum?"

Will Saves ahoy. Riddywhipple is already at a -1 penalty against Leventi's spell like abilities.
Cirri: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 7 - 4 = 7
Riddywhipple: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 7 - 4 = 4 Another 1?

Grand Lodge

Ifirit Unchained Barbarian 3/ Fighter 2/Techslinger 1/ Horizon Walker 4: HP 101/101 AC21 FF18 T13 Int +9 (+4 in Urban/Desert +2 in )Fort 15 Reflex 9 Will 3/ FireR 10/ Aligned CG

Obtrivi shudders and scratches at his skin.

Obtrivi don't like... don't like at all!

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

Thanks to Alden's keen eyes, he locates Leventi’s ledger hidden among the volumes of legal texts.

The ledger contains cryptic notes about dozens of different contracts and deals that are difficult to parse but might provide more context when combined with other clues.

Eventually, it occurs to one of the spellcasters to seek out any unusual magical auras within the study, and lo, it seems a quill pen, resting near a half-empty inkwell, bears an aura of faint necromancy.

Detect magic and Spellcraft DC20:

Grand Lodge

Cirri's Familiar | Spells -/6/3/2 | Arcane Pool 6/10 (Active) | Flight Hex minutes 7/9 | GM Folio Reroll +2 | +2 Flaming Quarterstaff | Bless Weapon, 7 minutes | +2 Quarterstaff HP 63/78 | AC 25, T 13, FF 23 | Saves 6/7/7 | CMD 24 (26 vs trip) | Perception +7 | Init +1 | Female Human Magus 9 | Alignment NG |Mirror Image (1 images) 9 minutes | Ward on Ingrge

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (12) + 15 = 27

"Oh. Naturally. A soul scribe quill. Ew." Cirri confiscates the equipment. "Another way to profit off of someone's death."

Dark Archive

PFS #76925-14 LN Male Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 6 / HellKnight 2 HP: 82/82| AC: 22/12/21 | Fort: +9| Ref: +5| Will: +5| Init: +1| Perc: +9| CMB: +8 +6 Vs Disarm| CMD: 20 +3 vs Disarm| Ada.H.Flail: +16;1d10+11| Longbow:+9;1d8| Reliable Strike 1/day
Skills:
Acrobatics:+1| Appraise:+2| Bluff:+1| Climb:-2| Diplo:+2| Inti: +9| Kn.(Dun/Eng/Loc/Pla/Reli): +10| Kn.(Noble/His): +3| Linguis:+4| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -4| Survival: +6| Swim: +3|

"I confess as to its purpose. I trust that it's evidence as well?" Alden asks Cirri.

"If we are done here, perhaps another trip?" he says with some distaste.

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

DC12 Will Saves:
planar penalty, Nella Will DC12: 1d20 + 11 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 11 - 4 = 24
planar penalty, Alexander Will DC12: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 8 - 2 = 24
planar penalty, Erlathan Will DC12: 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 8 - 4 = 15
planar penalty, Obtrivi Will DC12: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 3 - 4 = 5

Having completed your search of Leventi's study, you return to the sanctuary entry via the strange sin scroll portal. Emerging into the room, infernal runes are tattooed upon Alden, Cirri, and Erlathan. Obtrivi and Riddywhipple add to their growing collection of body art.

The Tattooed:

Alden - 1
Cirri - 1
Erlathan - 1
Obtrivi - 2
Riddywhipple - 2

Map & Images

Where to next, the archives (east) or the Thrune museum (north)? Rule of Two. Please make another DC12 Will save when indicating your preference.

Sovereign Court

CG Elf Arcanist 8 | HP: 58/58 | AC: 13 (T: 13, F: 10) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +9 | Perc: +11 | Speed 30 | Arcane Reservoir remaining: 7/11 | Low-light vision | Reroll | Conditions: Sickened

Will Save, Planar: 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 8 - 4 = 15

Erlathan cringes hard as his porcelain skin is polluted with tattoos. "Ugh. Are these permanent?! ... If they are, I suppose I could conjure up tattoos of my own that match my skin, and therefore conceal these infernal ones. Hah! Suck it, Hell!"

The elf points in the direction of the archives. "This way next?"

Silver Crusade

HP: 35/59 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 16 l F +9, R +6, W +11 l Adoration (7/7), Channel Energy (4/5), Clarifying Channel (1/1), Inspired (0/1), Resistant Touch (7/7) l L1: 4/5, D1: 1/1, L2: 2/4, D2: 1/1, L3: 2/3, D3: 1/1, L4: 2/2, D4: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +4
Skills:
Craft: Musical Instruments +10, Diplomacy +12, Heal +11, Kn. Arcana +5, Kn. History +6, Kn. Planes +8, Kn. Religion +11, Linguistics +5, Sense Motive +11, Spellcraft +5
Female NG Human Cleric (Ecclesitheurge) 7 l Active Conditions:

"'Ew' is right," Nella agrees, staring at the quill with disgust. "Even if it's not evidence it'd probably be doing someone, somewhere, a favor if we take it off Leventi's hands."

Once everyone seems certain that there's nothing else to be found in the study Nella looks at Alden and nods. "Seems like it. Back to the entrance and then east to the archives next?"

Once they're back in the entrance hall Nella waits for Alden or Alexander or Cirri to take the lead first, wherever they go, before following behind...

Will (DC 12): 1d20 + 11 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 11 - 4 = 27

Grand Lodge

Cirri's Familiar | Spells -/6/3/2 | Arcane Pool 6/10 (Active) | Flight Hex minutes 7/9 | GM Folio Reroll +2 | +2 Flaming Quarterstaff | Bless Weapon, 7 minutes | +2 Quarterstaff HP 63/78 | AC 25, T 13, FF 23 | Saves 6/7/7 | CMD 24 (26 vs trip) | Perception +7 | Init +1 | Female Human Magus 9 | Alignment NG |Mirror Image (1 images) 9 minutes | Ward on Ingrge

Cirri clutches her staff and leads the way to the archives.

Cirri: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 7 - 4 = 10
Riddywhipple: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 7 - 4 = 4 3 1s in a row! Poor Riddy!

"Riddy, the tattoos are bad! Stop rubbing against the scrolls like that!"


Spells -/4 | Greater Invisibility 2/3 | Alignment CG HP 33/39 | AC 24 (T 17 FF 20) | Saves 6/8/7 | Perception +11 | Init +3 | Riddywhipple, Faerie Dragon familiar (Master) |

"But it scratches the itch below my right wing. It's so comfortable." Riddywhipple emerges covered in ink.

Dark Archive

PFS #76925-14 LN Male Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 6 / HellKnight 2 HP: 82/82| AC: 22/12/21 | Fort: +9| Ref: +5| Will: +5| Init: +1| Perc: +9| CMB: +8 +6 Vs Disarm| CMD: 20 +3 vs Disarm| Ada.H.Flail: +16;1d10+11| Longbow:+9;1d8| Reliable Strike 1/day
Skills:
Acrobatics:+1| Appraise:+2| Bluff:+1| Climb:-2| Diplo:+2| Inti: +9| Kn.(Dun/Eng/Loc/Pla/Reli): +10| Kn.(Noble/His): +3| Linguis:+4| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -4| Survival: +6| Swim: +3|

That's some bad rolls.
Will Save 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 5 - 2 = 22

"To the Blasted Archives then. Blasted Tattoos..." Alden is not a happy camper. He actually spent time to be presentable.

Dark Archive

M Human- Chelaxian LN Inquisitor-8 (Sanctified Slayer of Asmodeus), HP 67, AC 23 (touch 12, ff 21), Init +4. Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +9.

Alexander chuckles then leans over and whispers to Alden (in Infernal), "Oh the horrors we endure in the service of the Dark Lord."

Will Save: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 8 - 2 = 21

"TO THE ARCHIVES!"

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

DC12 Will Save:
planar penalty, Obtrivi: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 3 - 4 = 11

Entering the eastern portal and emerging on the other side, Cirri, Obtrivi, and Riddywhipple acquire more runic tattoos.

The Tattooed:
Alden - 1
Cirri - 2
Erlathan - 1
Obtrivi - 3
Riddywhipple - 3

The chamber is suffused with an acrid smoke. Those with arcane and alchemical training immediately recognize the hazard: burnt othur fumes.

Type poison (inhaled); Save Fortitude DC18; Frequency 1/round for 6 rounds; Cure 2 consecutive saves; Initial Effect: 1 Con drain; Secondary Effect: 1d3 ⇒ 3 Con damage

After attempting your first Fortitude save, you may hold your breath to avoid additional exposure. You can hold your breath for 2 rounds per point of Constitution. If a character takes a standard or full-round action, the remaining duration that the character can hold her breath is reduced by 1 round. After this period of time, the character must make a DC 10 Constitution check in order to continue holding her breath. The check must be repeated each round, with the DC increasing by +1 for each previous success.
When the character fails one of these Constitution checks, she begins to suffocate. In the first round, she falls unconscious (0 hit points). In the following round, she drops to –1 hit points and is dying. In the third round, she suffocates.
Effects that would displace harmful gases (e.g. gust of wind) clear the affected area for 5 minutes.

The area is more a storage room than a true archive, and it contains numerous records and treasures Leventi isn’t currently displaying. Zarta heads for the northeast shelf, which holds the first 19 editions of The Glorious Nation of Cheliax: The Certified Most Accurate and Complete History of the Greatest Empire on Golarion, while the rest of you begin your search the area.

DC25 Perception:
You locate a hidden panel in the lower storage area with a successful
check. A trunk inside contains Leventi’s travel equipment, including a strange compass and complex timepiece.

Grand Lodge

Cirri's Familiar | Spells -/6/3/2 | Arcane Pool 6/10 (Active) | Flight Hex minutes 7/9 | GM Folio Reroll +2 | +2 Flaming Quarterstaff | Bless Weapon, 7 minutes | +2 Quarterstaff HP 63/78 | AC 25, T 13, FF 23 | Saves 6/7/7 | CMD 24 (26 vs trip) | Perception +7 | Init +1 | Female Human Magus 9 | Alignment NG |Mirror Image (1 images) 9 minutes | Ward on Ingrge

Fort Save: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14

Cirri notices all of the gas and immediately casts Gust of Wind. Alas, she is too slow and inhales some of the deadly gas.

I'm at 11 Con.
Fort Save: 1d20 + 10 - 1 ⇒ (5) + 10 - 1 = 14 I'm at 8 Con.
Fort Save: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 10 - 2 = 24 Saved once.
Fort Save: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 10 - 2 = 27 Saved twice.

Cirri has a coughing fit after blowing the fumes away. "Ugh, I hate this place. Luckily, I brought one scroll of Lesser Restoration with me. Nella, use this on whoever looks the worst."


Spells -/4 | Greater Invisibility 2/3 | Alignment CG HP 33/39 | AC 24 (T 17 FF 20) | Saves 6/8/7 | Perception +11 | Init +3 | Riddywhipple, Faerie Dragon familiar (Master) |

Riddywhipple flies through the scroll and it scratches his wing in just the right spot. He's not paying attention when inhales a bunch of gas.

Fort Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

I'm at 12 Con
Fort Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15 I'm at 9 Con.
Fort Save: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 6 - 2 = 5
Fort Save: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 6 - 2 = 17
Fort Save: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 6 - 2 = 15
Fort Save: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 6 - 2 = 12

The gas withers his body as he suffers its full effects. "Oh no, more gas. I hate this stuff..." He lands on Cirri's shoulder, exhausted.

Silver Crusade

HP: 35/59 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 16 l F +9, R +6, W +11 l Adoration (7/7), Channel Energy (4/5), Clarifying Channel (1/1), Inspired (0/1), Resistant Touch (7/7) l L1: 4/5, D1: 1/1, L2: 2/4, D2: 1/1, L3: 2/3, D3: 1/1, L4: 2/2, D4: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +4
Skills:
Craft: Musical Instruments +10, Diplomacy +12, Heal +11, Kn. Arcana +5, Kn. History +6, Kn. Planes +8, Kn. Religion +11, Linguistics +5, Sense Motive +11, Spellcraft +5
Female NG Human Cleric (Ecclesitheurge) 7 l Active Conditions:

Fort (DC 18): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Fort (DC 18; T-Shirt Reroll + GM Star): 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 9 + 1 = 17

Though she almost manages to catch her breath in time Nella also suffers the effects of the poison gas and begins to hack and wheeze...

Con Drain; 14 drops to 13.

Fort (DC 18): 1d20 + 9 - 1 ⇒ (15) + 9 - 1 = 23

No change.

Fort (DC 18): 1d20 + 9 - 1 ⇒ (1) + 9 - 1 = 9

13 drops to 10.

Fort (DC 18): 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 9 - 2 = 26

No change.

Fort (DC 18): 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 9 - 2 = 16

10 drops to 7.

Fort (DC 18): 1d20 + 9 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 9 - 4 = 22

No change; poison ends.

"Ooh...that's...ugh, I feel sick..." Nella groans, having to lean against the nearby wall to catch her breath. After a few moments though she rouses up and gets to the task of searching around.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 - 4 = 4

"Thanks Cirri. I've got a wand too; I'll get everyone patched up in a minute."
______________

We've got Cirri's scroll and Nella's got a wand of Lesser Restoration with 9 charges on it. I'll wait to see how everyone else weathers the poison before I make rolls.

401 to 450 of 608 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Lorenzo's #10-08: What Prestige is Worth (Tiers 7-11) - OUTPOST II All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.