GM Lorenzo's #10-08: What Prestige is Worth - OUTPOST II (Inactive)

Game Master Lawrence Smith 2

Maps, Handouts, and More!


151 to 200 of 608 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Sovereign Court

CG Elf Arcanist 8 | HP: 58/58 | AC: 13 (T: 13, F: 10) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +9 | Perc: +11 | Speed 30 | Arcane Reservoir remaining: 7/11 | Low-light vision | Reroll | Conditions: Sickened

"I don't suppose we're sparing its life, are we?" Erlathan doesn't wait for an answer. He activates his quarterstaff and lets two missiles fly.

SR: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Damage: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (1, 1) + 2 = 4

The spell fails, however. "Well, that's embarrassing. Go on, lightning sphere, get a little closer, please."

The ball rolls 30 feet, but can't quite reach the erinyes.

Grand Lodge

Cirri's Familiar | Spells -/6/3/3 | Arcane Pool 7/10 (Active) | Flight Hex minutes 7/9 | GM Folio Reroll +2 | +2 Flaming Quarterstaff HP 63/78 | AC 24, T 15, FF 23 | Saves 6/7/7 | CMD 24 (26 vs trip) | Perception +7 | Init +1 | Female Human Magus 9 | Alignment NG |Mirror Image (2 images) 9 minutes | Ward on Ingrge

"We were told to fight to the death." Cirri chirps.

"One less devil to deal with, anyway."

Grand Lodge

Ifirit Unchained Barbarian 3/ Fighter 2/Techslinger 1/ Horizon Walker 4: HP 101/101 AC21 FF18 T13 Int +9 (+4 in Urban/Desert +2 in )Fort 15 Reflex 9 Will 3/ FireR 10/ Aligned CG

I'll perform the same actions

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

Erlathan's staff sizzles and its magic fizzles.

Cirri notes that the bout is a death match...

Conditions:
Bless - Allies granted a +1 morale bonus on Attack rolls and saves vs fear.

Map & Images

Round 3/4
Bold
may act.

Obtrivi (Panicked for 11 more rounds.)
Alexander (-6)
Cirri & Riddywhipple
---
Pink Erinyes (-102)
---
Nella
Erlathan
Alden (-6)

Nella, then Obtrivi, you're up!

Silver Crusade

HP: 35/59 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 16 l F +9, R +6, W +11 l Adoration (7/7), Channel Energy (4/5), Clarifying Channel (1/1), Inspired (0/1), Resistant Touch (7/7) l L1: 4/5, D1: 1/1, L2: 2/4, D2: 1/1, L3: 2/3, D3: 1/1, L4: 2/2, D4: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +4
Skills:
Craft: Musical Instruments +10, Diplomacy +12, Heal +11, Kn. Arcana +5, Kn. History +6, Kn. Planes +8, Kn. Religion +11, Linguistics +5, Sense Motive +11, Spellcraft +5
Female NG Human Cleric (Ecclesitheurge) 7 l Active Conditions:

Nella quickly ponders what to do; she wasn't in much position to either end the devil or help Obtrivi without drawing the attention of Dispater. But then something does occur to her that might work - that she could conceivably explain away if need be. She draws out a vial of holy water and then takes a single step forward as she lobs it at the unconscious devil.

Holy Water (Ranged Touch; Bless): 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 1 = 11
Damage: 2d4 ⇒ (2, 2) = 4

Grand Lodge

Ifirit Unchained Barbarian 3/ Fighter 2/Techslinger 1/ Horizon Walker 4: HP 101/101 AC21 FF18 T13 Int +9 (+4 in Urban/Desert +2 in )Fort 15 Reflex 9 Will 3/ FireR 10/ Aligned CG

As I said, I'll move then pick up my chainsaw.

Dark Archive

PFS #76925-14 LN Male Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 6 / HellKnight 2 HP: 82/82| AC: 22/12/21 | Fort: +9| Ref: +5| Will: +5| Init: +1| Perc: +9| CMB: +8 +6 Vs Disarm| CMD: 20 +3 vs Disarm| Ada.H.Flail: +16;1d10+11| Longbow:+9;1d8| Reliable Strike 1/day
Skills:
Acrobatics:+1| Appraise:+2| Bluff:+1| Climb:-2| Diplo:+2| Inti: +9| Kn.(Dun/Eng/Loc/Pla/Reli): +10| Kn.(Noble/His): +3| Linguis:+4| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -4| Survival: +6| Swim: +3|

After Alden puts ring on your finger.
No he's not proposing....

Silver Crusade

HP: 35/59 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 16 l F +9, R +6, W +11 l Adoration (7/7), Channel Energy (4/5), Clarifying Channel (1/1), Inspired (0/1), Resistant Touch (7/7) l L1: 4/5, D1: 1/1, L2: 2/4, D2: 1/1, L3: 2/3, D3: 1/1, L4: 2/2, D4: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +4
Skills:
Craft: Musical Instruments +10, Diplomacy +12, Heal +11, Kn. Arcana +5, Kn. History +6, Kn. Planes +8, Kn. Religion +11, Linguistics +5, Sense Motive +11, Spellcraft +5
Female NG Human Cleric (Ecclesitheurge) 7 l Active Conditions:

Poor Obtrivi, always a bridesmaid and never a bride...

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

Nella sprinkles a little holy water on the unconscious she-devil, while Obtrivi quakes against the wall.

The erinyes's heart pumps her infernal blood in an expanding puddle upon the flagstones of the arena.

"Finish her, for Eiseth's sake, please!" The crowd of spectators demands a spectacular death to satisfy its bloodlust!

Conditions:
Bless - Allies granted a +1 morale bonus on Attack rolls and saves vs fear.

Map & Images

Round 4/5
Bold
may act.

Obtrivi (Panicked for 10 more rounds.)
Alexander (-6)
Cirri & Riddywhipple
---
Pink Erinyes (-107)
---
Nella
Erlathan
Alden
(-6)

Everybody, you're up!

Grand Lodge

Ifirit Unchained Barbarian 3/ Fighter 2/Techslinger 1/ Horizon Walker 4: HP 101/101 AC21 FF18 T13 Int +9 (+4 in Urban/Desert +2 in )Fort 15 Reflex 9 Will 3/ FireR 10/ Aligned CG

So, now alden takes his turn and I can act? Pretty please?

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
PFS #76925-14 LN Male Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 6 / HellKnight 2 HP: 82/82| AC: 22/12/21 | Fort: +9| Ref: +5| Will: +5| Init: +1| Perc: +9| CMB: +8 +6 Vs Disarm| CMD: 20 +3 vs Disarm| Ada.H.Flail: +16;1d10+11| Longbow:+9;1d8| Reliable Strike 1/day
Skills:
Acrobatics:+1| Appraise:+2| Bluff:+1| Climb:-2| Diplo:+2| Inti: +9| Kn.(Dun/Eng/Loc/Pla/Reli): +10| Kn.(Noble/His): +3| Linguis:+4| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -4| Survival: +6| Swim: +3|

Lol done.
Alden removes his gauntlet and the ring beneath it. He grabs onto Obtrivi's hands and not so gently shoves it onto his pinky..

"By Asmodeous Throne, get over your fear and smash that winged devil down. This I command!" he proclaims Imperiously.

"Regain your pride." he adds on though whatever expression may have being gleaned from his face is hidden by his helm's visor.

Dark Archive

M Human- Chelaxian LN Inquisitor-8 (Sanctified Slayer of Asmodeus), HP 67, AC 23 (touch 12, ff 21), Init +4. Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +9.

Alexander chuckles to himself as the dwarf finds his courage.

"Apparently it's never too late be a hero."

Turning his attention away from the devil and towards Cirri... with ire in his voice, "If your intent was to aid the enemy with your paltry and whimsical use of magic... then you succeeded wonderfully. How the Dark Lord every saw fit to grant an arcane gift upon you is beyond my understanding."

Turning to the crowd...Alexander shouts at the top of his voice, "Are you not entertained!?!"

Grand Lodge

Cirri's Familiar | Spells -/6/3/3 | Arcane Pool 7/10 (Active) | Flight Hex minutes 7/9 | GM Folio Reroll +2 | +2 Flaming Quarterstaff HP 63/78 | AC 24, T 15, FF 23 | Saves 6/7/7 | CMD 24 (26 vs trip) | Perception +7 | Init +1 | Female Human Magus 9 | Alignment NG |Mirror Image (2 images) 9 minutes | Ward on Ingrge

Cirri turns to Riddywhipple and shrugs. "Power is earned, not given. Anyway, let's kill her and get this out of the way." She steps aside and lets Obtrivi do what he does best.

Grand Lodge

Ifirit Unchained Barbarian 3/ Fighter 2/Techslinger 1/ Horizon Walker 4: HP 101/101 AC21 FF18 T13 Int +9 (+4 in Urban/Desert +2 in )Fort 15 Reflex 9 Will 3/ FireR 10/ Aligned CG

Okay!

Obtrivi blinks a few times and growls.

Obtrivi. Will. CRUSH.

He then stomps over to his chainsaw and picks it up, glaring at the enemy as he lets forth a primal roar over the sound of the churning engine.

If someone wants to grant fly that'd be awesome. Otherwise, I think she's low enough I can make the jump. 20 feet up right?

Silver Crusade

HP: 35/59 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 16 l F +9, R +6, W +11 l Adoration (7/7), Channel Energy (4/5), Clarifying Channel (1/1), Inspired (0/1), Resistant Touch (7/7) l L1: 4/5, D1: 1/1, L2: 2/4, D2: 1/1, L3: 2/3, D3: 1/1, L4: 2/2, D4: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +4
Skills:
Craft: Musical Instruments +10, Diplomacy +12, Heal +11, Kn. Arcana +5, Kn. History +6, Kn. Planes +8, Kn. Religion +11, Linguistics +5, Sense Motive +11, Spellcraft +5
Female NG Human Cleric (Ecclesitheurge) 7 l Active Conditions:

Pretty sure she's unconscious on the ground :)

Grand Lodge

Ifirit Unchained Barbarian 3/ Fighter 2/Techslinger 1/ Horizon Walker 4: HP 101/101 AC21 FF18 T13 Int +9 (+4 in Urban/Desert +2 in )Fort 15 Reflex 9 Will 3/ FireR 10/ Aligned CG

Oh, my misunderstanding. Still need another turn to move over and kill. If the GM wants it extra bloody, Obtrivi will line up a coup de grace and see if the enemy can make a 100+ Fortitude save. :P

Sovereign Court

CG Elf Arcanist 8 | HP: 58/58 | AC: 13 (T: 13, F: 10) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +9 | Perc: +11 | Speed 30 | Arcane Reservoir remaining: 7/11 | Low-light vision | Reroll | Conditions: Sickened

Erlathan rubs his hand through his chin tentacles. "Allow me to handle this. The devil is down, friends," His eyes closed, the elf redirects his lightning ball.

SR: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19
Lightning Sphere, Intense spell: 4d6 + 4 ⇒ (2, 6, 5, 1) + 4 = 18

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

In a blazing ball of intense lightning, Erlathan ends the life of the erinyes. Obtrivi fires up his chainsaw again and channels his inner psycho lumberjack, dismembering the fallen angel, limb from bloody limb.

The crowd erupts in cheers! "Hell of a fight! Now that's a battle! Wow, I wish Mom had come with us! Pass the popcorn and peanuts! Daddy, I want a chainsaw for my birthday! Please can I have one, please, oh please, oh please!"

---

"Well done, mortals," the erinyes Cerenthiel leads you over to the display of prizes. "Take your pick."

His sweeping arm encompasses the prizes: the imp Tholvinus, a +2 good outsider bane longsword, black feathered wings of flying, an onyx gem that contains a soul worth 2,500gp, and a diamond worth 10,000 gp.

"For defeating your foes without any of you falling unconscious," Cerenthiel congratulates you, "your infernal efficiency has earned you the opportunity to select two prizes!"

Dark Archive

M Human- Chelaxian LN Inquisitor-8 (Sanctified Slayer of Asmodeus), HP 67, AC 23 (touch 12, ff 21), Init +4. Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +9.

With no hesitation in his voice, Alexander speaks to the Devil in the most authoritative of tones, "The wings... and the imp."

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

(We'll go with the Rule of Two.)

Grand Lodge

Ifirit Unchained Barbarian 3/ Fighter 2/Techslinger 1/ Horizon Walker 4: HP 101/101 AC21 FF18 T13 Int +9 (+4 in Urban/Desert +2 in )Fort 15 Reflex 9 Will 3/ FireR 10/ Aligned CG

Obtrivi will vote with Cirri, though i'd kill for those wings at a discount, not that we'll get them for anything in the chronicle sheet, a man can dream.

Silver Crusade

HP: 35/59 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 16 l F +9, R +6, W +11 l Adoration (7/7), Channel Energy (4/5), Clarifying Channel (1/1), Inspired (0/1), Resistant Touch (7/7) l L1: 4/5, D1: 1/1, L2: 2/4, D2: 1/1, L3: 2/3, D3: 1/1, L4: 2/2, D4: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +4
Skills:
Craft: Musical Instruments +10, Diplomacy +12, Heal +11, Kn. Arcana +5, Kn. History +6, Kn. Planes +8, Kn. Religion +11, Linguistics +5, Sense Motive +11, Spellcraft +5
Female NG Human Cleric (Ecclesitheurge) 7 l Active Conditions:

"What he said," Nella agrees wearily. "The imp and those Wings of Flying will do nicely, I think."
______________

Hazarding a guess that most of the group would find the Wings more of a fun/useful item than the longsword...

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
CG Elf Arcanist 8 | HP: 58/58 | AC: 13 (T: 13, F: 10) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +9 | Perc: +11 | Speed 30 | Arcane Reservoir remaining: 7/11 | Low-light vision | Reroll | Conditions: Sickened

"I'm inclined to agree about the wings," Erlathan rubs some magical dust off of his quarterstaff. "Imagine raining a fireball down on your foes while hovering forty feet! The pinnacle of magical might, you might say.."

Erlathan stares up at the crowds as he loses his train of thought to reverie; during which, of course, he imagines flying above the crowds, craftily tossing various elemental balls down at any devils brought forth. He muffles a low maniacal laughter before he snaps out of it, clearing his throat. "... I guess the imp is alright too."

Dark Archive

PFS #76925-14 LN Male Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 6 / HellKnight 2 HP: 82/82| AC: 22/12/21 | Fort: +9| Ref: +5| Will: +5| Init: +1| Perc: +9| CMB: +8 +6 Vs Disarm| CMD: 20 +3 vs Disarm| Ada.H.Flail: +16;1d10+11| Longbow:+9;1d8| Reliable Strike 1/day
Skills:
Acrobatics:+1| Appraise:+2| Bluff:+1| Climb:-2| Diplo:+2| Inti: +9| Kn.(Dun/Eng/Loc/Pla/Reli): +10| Kn.(Noble/His): +3| Linguis:+4| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -4| Survival: +6| Swim: +3|

Alden leaves the haggling of the prizes to his companions. His current objective more pressing, he faces the bloody Obtrivi.

"I believe that the loan of that ring is over. Hand it over."

Grand Lodge

Ifirit Unchained Barbarian 3/ Fighter 2/Techslinger 1/ Horizon Walker 4: HP 101/101 AC21 FF18 T13 Int +9 (+4 in Urban/Desert +2 in )Fort 15 Reflex 9 Will 3/ FireR 10/ Aligned CG

Obtrivi blinks and smiles.

Pretty ring is pretty. Thank you!

He passes the ring back to Alden.

Dark Archive

PFS #76925-14 LN Male Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 6 / HellKnight 2 HP: 82/82| AC: 22/12/21 | Fort: +9| Ref: +5| Will: +5| Init: +1| Perc: +9| CMB: +8 +6 Vs Disarm| CMD: 20 +3 vs Disarm| Ada.H.Flail: +16;1d10+11| Longbow:+9;1d8| Reliable Strike 1/day
Skills:
Acrobatics:+1| Appraise:+2| Bluff:+1| Climb:-2| Diplo:+2| Inti: +9| Kn.(Dun/Eng/Loc/Pla/Reli): +10| Kn.(Noble/His): +3| Linguis:+4| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -4| Survival: +6| Swim: +3|

"It was commissioned from the finest jewellers in Kintargo. Enchanted in the dark citadel. Perhaps you might one like it in those peddling inferior wares." Alden accepts the ring back loftily.

Grand Lodge

Cirri's Familiar | Spells -/6/3/3 | Arcane Pool 7/10 (Active) | Flight Hex minutes 7/9 | GM Folio Reroll +2 | +2 Flaming Quarterstaff HP 63/78 | AC 24, T 15, FF 23 | Saves 6/7/7 | CMD 24 (26 vs trip) | Perception +7 | Init +1 | Female Human Magus 9 | Alignment NG |Mirror Image (2 images) 9 minutes | Ward on Ingrge

"Maybe the gem with the soul..." Cirri realizes she's outvoted. Would have been nice to save more souls while we're down here... "The imp, definitely."

She looks to Erlathan. "Oh yeah, it's fun to do that. You just hurl magic from above while they fail to shoot you down. But hey, it's entertaining!" She giggles in Alexander's direction.

"Let's get that imp and get out of here."

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

The erinyes master of ceremonies hands over the black feathered wings of flying and the imp.

Gripping the bars of his locked cage, Tholvinus asks, "So, mortals, what do you lot want with a magnificent and underappreciated imp like me? I swear, by my lord and savior Asmodeus, I won't serve anyone as a so-called 'familiar'. I'd rather spend an eternity in this cage with a horny bone devil."

The imp's head swivels back and forth, nervous eyes scanning the crowd, looking for someone.

Sense Motive DC20:
Tholvinus is a scheming and suspicious imp. He's disappointed he doesn't see the person he's looking for.

Meanwhile, Cerenthiel notices Cirri eyeing the soul-gem with longing.

The erinyes MC coughs and offers the magus an encouraging grin, "Say, you and your team want to stick around for another bout? There's a few unclaimed prizes left, as you can see. The rules don't limit you to just one death match. Who knows, you might even win two prizes again."


Spells -/4 | Greater Invisibility 2/3 | Alignment CG HP 39/39 | AC 24 (T 17 FF 20) | Saves 6/8/7 | Perception +11 | Init +3 | Riddywhipple, Faerie Dragon familiar (Master) |

"You can't spell familiar without family. Well, almost. I guess that means I'm almost family!" Riddywhipple laughs upon Cirri's shoulder. "Cirri's not too bad, she lets me play pranks and scratches my belly when I claim to be sick. I mean, when I am sick."

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

"Tholvinus, are you listening? Or were you expecting someone else to rescue you? Alexandyr wasted 6 good arrows on you, you could at least explain what's going on."

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Cirri's Familiar | Spells -/6/3/3 | Arcane Pool 7/10 (Active) | Flight Hex minutes 7/9 | GM Folio Reroll +2 | +2 Flaming Quarterstaff HP 63/78 | AC 24, T 15, FF 23 | Saves 6/7/7 | CMD 24 (26 vs trip) | Perception +7 | Init +1 | Female Human Magus 9 | Alignment NG |Mirror Image (2 images) 9 minutes | Ward on Ingrge

Cirri stares at the onyx gem and wonders who was stupid or unfortunate enough to be stuck there. There was the intellectual curiosities of soul gem, an awful spell. Georgina was so fascinated with the spell, always reading its theories, messing around with the forces of life and death. Watching that stupid Hellknight sign his soul away for money. Just money. It frightened her.

Without Riddywhipple to get her attention, Cirri is staring at the onyx gem for much too long before Cerenthiel catches her attention. "Wh-wh-what?" She snaps out of it. "Um... m-maybe later. We're on a tight schedule."

And I hate fighting for fighting's sake. Yuck.

Grand Lodge

Ifirit Unchained Barbarian 3/ Fighter 2/Techslinger 1/ Horizon Walker 4: HP 101/101 AC21 FF18 T13 Int +9 (+4 in Urban/Desert +2 in )Fort 15 Reflex 9 Will 3/ FireR 10/ Aligned CG

Obtrivi pouts as Cirri mentions the tight schedule.

Won't take long with wings and pretty ring.

He mutters. Obtrivi fight good!

But he bows to the wisdom of his letter holder.

Dark Archive

M Human- Chelaxian LN Inquisitor-8 (Sanctified Slayer of Asmodeus), HP 67, AC 23 (touch 12, ff 21), Init +4. Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +9.

"We have a mission to complete. The Dark Lord doesn't appreciate reckless spontaneity from his vassals."

Alexander half-bows to the Devil and addressing him in infernal, "Perhaps you should gather a new batch of mortals if you desire souls to feed upon..."

Alexander turns to Alden, "We had best leave before the our companions end up in the belly of a Pit Fiend."

Dark Archive

PFS #76925-14 LN Male Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 6 / HellKnight 2 HP: 82/82| AC: 22/12/21 | Fort: +9| Ref: +5| Will: +5| Init: +1| Perc: +9| CMB: +8 +6 Vs Disarm| CMD: 20 +3 vs Disarm| Ada.H.Flail: +16;1d10+11| Longbow:+9;1d8| Reliable Strike 1/day
Skills:
Acrobatics:+1| Appraise:+2| Bluff:+1| Climb:-2| Diplo:+2| Inti: +9| Kn.(Dun/Eng/Loc/Pla/Reli): +10| Kn.(Noble/His): +3| Linguis:+4| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -4| Survival: +6| Swim: +3|

Sense Motive 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

"Having another fight wouldn't be amiss but we have orders and we have what we came for. Time to go." He looks at the imp.

"By Asmodeous's gravel, you are what we have come for. So still your tongue."

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

Tholvinus is startled when Riddywhipple notices him looking for someone in the crowd.

The imp opens his mouth, about to speak, when the faerie dragon's companions reveal a little bit about themselves and their attitudes and intentions.

Having heard enough, it seems, Tholvinus settles down on the floor of his cage, head in his hands, dejected, resigned to whatever horrible fate Hell and his newest owners have in store for him.

The party wants to leave. Where do you want to go?

Silver Crusade

HP: 35/59 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 16 l F +9, R +6, W +11 l Adoration (7/7), Channel Energy (4/5), Clarifying Channel (1/1), Inspired (0/1), Resistant Touch (7/7) l L1: 4/5, D1: 1/1, L2: 2/4, D2: 1/1, L3: 2/3, D3: 1/1, L4: 2/2, D4: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +4
Skills:
Craft: Musical Instruments +10, Diplomacy +12, Heal +11, Kn. Arcana +5, Kn. History +6, Kn. Planes +8, Kn. Religion +11, Linguistics +5, Sense Motive +11, Spellcraft +5
Female NG Human Cleric (Ecclesitheurge) 7 l Active Conditions:

"We should either find somewhere a little more quiet to talk business with our little friend or we should go meet back up with our contact," Nella advises. "Or both."

Grand Lodge

Cirri's Familiar | Spells -/6/3/3 | Arcane Pool 7/10 (Active) | Flight Hex minutes 7/9 | GM Folio Reroll +2 | +2 Flaming Quarterstaff HP 63/78 | AC 24, T 15, FF 23 | Saves 6/7/7 | CMD 24 (26 vs trip) | Perception +7 | Init +1 | Female Human Magus 9 | Alignment NG |Mirror Image (2 images) 9 minutes | Ward on Ingrge

"Maybe head back to the inn?"

Sovereign Court

CG Elf Arcanist 8 | HP: 58/58 | AC: 13 (T: 13, F: 10) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +9 | Perc: +11 | Speed 30 | Arcane Reservoir remaining: 7/11 | Low-light vision | Reroll | Conditions: Sickened

"Perhaps Zarta might be able to help us figure out what to do with Thrune's imp? Or she may at least point us to who might be able to get something out of him," Erlathan suggests.

Dark Archive

M Human- Chelaxian LN Inquisitor-8 (Sanctified Slayer of Asmodeus), HP 67, AC 23 (touch 12, ff 21), Init +4. Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +9.

"I agree with Erlathan...we should contact Zarta and see if she has any designs on this imp."

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

(We seem a little stuck. No problem. One vote to go to the gnome's tradehouse in the Market of Breaths. Some interest in using another scroll to set up a meet with Zarta. Where?)

Silver Crusade

HP: 35/59 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 16 l F +9, R +6, W +11 l Adoration (7/7), Channel Energy (4/5), Clarifying Channel (1/1), Inspired (0/1), Resistant Touch (7/7) l L1: 4/5, D1: 1/1, L2: 2/4, D2: 1/1, L3: 2/3, D3: 1/1, L4: 2/2, D4: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +4
Skills:
Craft: Musical Instruments +10, Diplomacy +12, Heal +11, Kn. Arcana +5, Kn. History +6, Kn. Planes +8, Kn. Religion +11, Linguistics +5, Sense Motive +11, Spellcraft +5
Female NG Human Cleric (Ecclesitheurge) 7 l Active Conditions:

We've used what, one scroll so far? That should leave us with five left, if keeping track of that is important.

Nella considers their options for a moment and then seems to reach a decision of her own. "Okay yeah, let's get in touch with Zarta first and then we can all be together when we question Tholvinus. That'll hopefully save us a little time on deciding our next move, depending on what he has to tell us."

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

(We just need two folks to agree on where to go next/where to meet Zarta. Cirri suggested returning to the Market of Breaths and meeting at The Warm Welcome, an armory for an efreeti consortium, operated by the gnome merchant Artinean Tecbright. Zarta had arranged free lodging there, if you need it.)

Silver Crusade

HP: 35/59 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 16 l F +9, R +6, W +11 l Adoration (7/7), Channel Energy (4/5), Clarifying Channel (1/1), Inspired (0/1), Resistant Touch (7/7) l L1: 4/5, D1: 1/1, L2: 2/4, D2: 1/1, L3: 2/3, D3: 1/1, L4: 2/2, D4: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +4
Skills:
Craft: Musical Instruments +10, Diplomacy +12, Heal +11, Kn. Arcana +5, Kn. History +6, Kn. Planes +8, Kn. Religion +11, Linguistics +5, Sense Motive +11, Spellcraft +5
Female NG Human Cleric (Ecclesitheurge) 7 l Active Conditions:

Oh, I misunderstood what you needed consensus on. In that case...

"Um...and we should probably do it back at the Warm Welcome, seems easiest," Nella adds after a pause.

Dark Archive

M Human- Chelaxian LN Inquisitor-8 (Sanctified Slayer of Asmodeus), HP 67, AC 23 (touch 12, ff 21), Init +4. Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +9.

"Nella's choice seems reasonable... I see no better option at the moment."

Dark Archive

PFS #76925-14 LN Male Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 6 / HellKnight 2 HP: 82/82| AC: 22/12/21 | Fort: +9| Ref: +5| Will: +5| Init: +1| Perc: +9| CMB: +8 +6 Vs Disarm| CMD: 20 +3 vs Disarm| Ada.H.Flail: +16;1d10+11| Longbow:+9;1d8| Reliable Strike 1/day
Skills:
Acrobatics:+1| Appraise:+2| Bluff:+1| Climb:-2| Diplo:+2| Inti: +9| Kn.(Dun/Eng/Loc/Pla/Reli): +10| Kn.(Noble/His): +3| Linguis:+4| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -4| Survival: +6| Swim: +3|

Hefting the caged imp, Alden glowers at it for a moment. A feat hard to do when one has a full visored helm.
"Our course is set and with no objections, we should move now." Alden picks a direction and begins to move........

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

You use another of the scrolls of sending, asking her to meet you the Warm Welcome.

Artylget extracts himself from the seductive embrace of a pair of imp ladies, and saunters over, peacocking self-assuredness in full bloom. "Market of Breaths, eh? Follow me."
Knowledge (planes): 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (7) + 15 = 22

---

About two hours later, you sit down at relatively quiet table in the bustling Warm Welcome. Zarta already seated, speaking in hushed tones to a gnome, who stands up as you take your seats.

"Artinean Tecbright, merchant and sole proprietor of The Warm Welcome. If your friends of the Paracountess, then you're welcome under my roof. We'll comp you room and board, don't you worry."

The gnome looks you over with unabashed curiosity. "Say, you don't have any victuals from back home on you, do you? I'll pay top coin to take it off your hands. Drink, too, if you've brought any." He holds up a hand. "Not interested in trail rations or conjured ale, mind you. Just the genuine, good stuff."

He pauses for a moment, hoping one of you actually does have something that would interest him, then he wanders away, resuming his coordination with efreeti titans of infernal industry.

Once Artinean is out of earshot, Zarta brings you up to speed on her end of the investigation. "I learned some more about the Hellknights’ story, enough background to request and study the associated contract in the Fallen Fastness."

"The human Devin Madras, a paladin of Iomedae and Hellknights Aurora Tesk, a tiefling, and Ria Dresk, a half-elf are fallen members of the Order of the Pike operated out of Fort Inevitable in the River Kingdoms and died during a bandit ambush in 4690AR. What they didn’t know was that their immediate superior, Staebius Kalmp, was a corrupt Hellknight who had made a terrible bargain with Leventi. When it became clear that Leventi would soon collect on his debt, Kalmp attempted to renegotiate."

"Under most circumstances, revising an infernal contract is inconceivable. However, Leventi allowed Kalmp to damn his four subordinates—Devin, Aurora, Ria, and the Hellknight Teena Forester—as though they were property in order to escape paying his part of the bargain. Leventi was willing to overlook the bizarre circumstances and assumptions of this new contract, believing four more souls worth the risk, especially if Kalmp continued to spread tyranny on the Material Plane (though he died two years later)."

"When the four arrived in the Boneyard, Leventi was ready to argue their case. He won on technicalities, whisking them to Hell and trapping them in the walls of Dis to ensure they couldn’t appeal the decision. However, after several years of imprisonment, Teena Forester bargained with Leventi to serve as his agent in return for the relative freedom of escaping the wall."

"Her companions consider Teena’s escape a betrayal of their camaraderie and a sign of weakness. Even after decades of imprisonment, Devin has tirelessly endeavored to keep up Aurora’s and Ria’s spirits, even as the wall slowly subsumes all three. However, Hell’s oppression has nearly broken him, too. The Hellknight and armingers are coherent but largely uninterested in conversation."

"I'm pretty sure they could help us, but we'd have to figure out a way to get them out of that damned wall, somehow, first."

Zarta narrows her gaze, regarding the imp in the cage. "Care to introduce me to your new 'friend'? And tell me, what did you learn at Widow's Cry?"

Time Elapsed: 9/48

Grand Lodge

Cirri's Familiar | Spells -/6/3/3 | Arcane Pool 7/10 (Active) | Flight Hex minutes 7/9 | GM Folio Reroll +2 | +2 Flaming Quarterstaff HP 63/78 | AC 24, T 15, FF 23 | Saves 6/7/7 | CMD 24 (26 vs trip) | Perception +7 | Init +1 | Female Human Magus 9 | Alignment NG |Mirror Image (2 images) 9 minutes | Ward on Ingrge

Cirri grips her staff tighter as Zarta explains the story. "I didn't get to free the soul in that stone, but I will save these three."

"We won this guy at the tournament, killing a couple more devils in the process." Cirri pipes up. "He was waiting for someone to meet him, but we got him instead."

She turns to the imp. "Tholvinus, you have something to say, don't you? It's a bit more quiet here."

Silver Crusade

HP: 35/59 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 16 l F +9, R +6, W +11 l Adoration (7/7), Channel Energy (4/5), Clarifying Channel (1/1), Inspired (0/1), Resistant Touch (7/7) l L1: 4/5, D1: 1/1, L2: 2/4, D2: 1/1, L3: 2/3, D3: 1/1, L4: 2/2, D4: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +4
Skills:
Craft: Musical Instruments +10, Diplomacy +12, Heal +11, Kn. Arcana +5, Kn. History +6, Kn. Planes +8, Kn. Religion +11, Linguistics +5, Sense Motive +11, Spellcraft +5
Female NG Human Cleric (Ecclesitheurge) 7 l Active Conditions:

"Specifically, what sort of business your former master Gellius Thrune got up to," Nella adds, "and his connections to the devil Leventi. That's a much less troublesome outcome for you than being bound as a familiar again, surely."

Dark Archive

M Human- Chelaxian LN Inquisitor-8 (Sanctified Slayer of Asmodeus), HP 67, AC 23 (touch 12, ff 21), Init +4. Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +9.

"Talk imp...or by Asmodeus you will be turned back into a lemure!"

Regardless of what the Imp says...Alexander will agree to aid the three souls trapped with Dis' infernal wall.

Dark Archive

PFS #76925-14 LN Male Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 6 / HellKnight 2 HP: 82/82| AC: 22/12/21 | Fort: +9| Ref: +5| Will: +5| Init: +1| Perc: +9| CMB: +8 +6 Vs Disarm| CMD: 20 +3 vs Disarm| Ada.H.Flail: +16;1d10+11| Longbow:+9;1d8| Reliable Strike 1/day
Skills:
Acrobatics:+1| Appraise:+2| Bluff:+1| Climb:-2| Diplo:+2| Inti: +9| Kn.(Dun/Eng/Loc/Pla/Reli): +10| Kn.(Noble/His): +3| Linguis:+4| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -4| Survival: +6| Swim: +3|

"A Hellknight breaking trust amongst Comrades? Then this hellknight shall make it right and Teena Forester shall pay the price for forsaking her duties." Alden growls out quietly.

"The Imp we won fairly in combat. The imp can tell you more about his master or face the consequences. As for rescuing these falsely imprisoned souls, perhaps Teena Forester might be key."

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

Within his cage, Tholvinus shifts his weight from one foot to the other, glancing at the lock and eyes darting about the room, peering at the faces of those present, and looking toward the doors and windows. "You own me, it seems. But you don't own my allegiance. Of what interest are your affairs to me? Very little, in my opinion."

Sense Motive DC20:
The imp has been offered no incentive to help you. You could try to find out what he wants or try Intimidating him into cooperating with you briefly.

151 to 200 of 608 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Lorenzo's #10-08: What Prestige is Worth (Tiers 7-11) - OUTPOST II All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.