GM Lorenzo's #10-08: What Prestige is Worth - OUTPOST II (Inactive)

Game Master Lawrence Smith 2

Maps, Handouts, and More!


201 to 250 of 608 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

HP: 59/59 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 16 l F +9, R +6, W +11 l Adoration (7/7), Channel Energy (5/5), Clarifying Channel (1/1), Inspired (1/1), Resistant Touch (7/7) l L1: 5/5, D1: 1/1, L2: 4/4, D2: 1/1, L3: 3/3, D3: 1/1, L4: 2/2, D4: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +4
Skills:
Craft: Musical Instruments +10, Diplomacy +12, Heal +11, Kn. Arcana +5, Kn. History +6, Kn. Planes +8, Kn. Religion +11, Linguistics +5, Sense Motive +11, Spellcraft +5
Female NG Human Cleric (Ecclesitheurge) 7 l Active Conditions:

Sense Motive (DC 20): 1d20 + 11 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 11 - 4 = 13

Nella rubs at her temples, wondering who she must've crossed to be landed with such an assignment. "Okay, fair enough. What does it take to...*sigh*...gain the allegiance of someone like you?"

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

"Look, you guys set me free and agree to do me a solid, might be we could work together." Tholvinus says. "I want you to return me to Gellius Thrune and to do what you can to help him."

The imp grips the bars of his cage and stares at Nella. "Deal?"


Spells -/4 | Greater Invisibility 2/3 | Alignment CG HP 33/39 | AC 24 (T 17 FF 20) | Saves 6/8/7 | Perception +11 | Init +3 | Riddywhipple, Faerie Dragon familiar (Master) |

Sense Motive, CG: 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 8 - 4 = 13
"Ownership. I don't own anyone. Cirri doesn't own me, either. I guess you were looking for Gellius Thrune, eh?"

He ponders. "Cirri, we came here to get Gellius Thrune, right?"

Grand Lodge

Cirri's Familiar | Spells -/6/3/2 | Arcane Pool 6/10 (Active) | Flight Hex minutes 7/9 | GM Folio Reroll +2 | +2 Flaming Quarterstaff | Bless Weapon, 7 minutes | +2 Quarterstaff HP 63/78 | AC 21, T 12, FF 20 | Saves 6/7/7 | CMD 24 (26 vs trip) | Perception +7 | Init +1 | Female Human Magus 9 | Alignment NG |Ward on Ingrge

"Yup. Of course I'm going to free you once we're done with this." Cirri nods, following the conversation. "We need to free those spirits from the wall, though." She turns to the imp. "Any ideas on how we could do that?"

Dark Archive

M Human- Chelaxian LN Inquisitor-8 (Sanctified Slayer of Asmodeus), HP 67, AC 23 (touch 12, ff 21), Init +4. Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +9.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (13) + 16 = 29

Sensing the creature needs to be rewarded in order to tell the party what it needs to know...

"What do you desire creature that will loosen your tongue? If it is not unreasonable, it might be arranged."

GM Lorenzo- I can go with Diplomacy or Intimidate at this point- your call.

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

Tholvinus nods in response to Cirri, with what passes for a glimmer of hope in his beady, devilish eyes. "So you'll free me, and your word is your bond."

"Will you also agree to help Gellius Throne?" Tholvinus presses, looking for an explicit answer to his request.

Sovereign Court

CG Elf Arcanist 8 | HP: 58/58 | AC: 13 (T: 13, F: 10) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +9 | Perc: +11 | Speed 30 | Arcane Reservoir remaining: 7/11 | Low-light vision | Reroll | Conditions: Sickened

Erlathan pulls the others aside and whispers quietly. "Help can mean many things, you know. There's a certain level of ambiguity in what he's asked. I say we agree, and hope that some latitude for reasoning exists."

The elf turns and approaches the imp. "Er, why - yes, yes, we will help Thrune. I am not certain who Gellius Throne is, though. Perhaps Thrune's less daring, more regal cousin."

Dark Archive

PFS #76925-14 LN Male Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 6 / HellKnight 2 HP: 82/82| AC: 22/12/21 | Fort: +9| Ref: +5| Will: +5| Init: +1| Perc: +9| CMB: +8 +6 Vs Disarm| CMD: 20 +3 vs Disarm| Ada.H.Flail: +16;1d10+11| Longbow:+9;1d8| Reliable Strike 1/day
Skills:
Acrobatics:+1| Appraise:+2| Bluff:+1| Climb:-2| Diplo:+2| Inti: +9| Kn.(Dun/Eng/Loc/Pla/Reli): +10| Kn.(Noble/His): +3| Linguis:+4| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -4| Survival: +6| Swim: +3|

Sense Motive 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
Alden stares oddly at the imp.
"By my hallowed blades, I have not known that a creature such as you would display such loyalty! I am impressed but why would you go to such lengths afterall this man you speak off lost you......"

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

Satisfied with Erlathan's stated promise to help, Tholvinus says "Thanks. Verbal contracts are binding, elf man. Anyways, I've worked with Gellius for centuries to plot an escape, because my contract endured after Gellius’s death, denying me opportunities for advancement while Leventi has Gellius."

Then Tholvinus reveals, "Gellius came to escaping through the hellmouth, a mark of Leventi’s negligence." Zarta's ears perk up at this important piece of evidence. "And I know the general layout of Leventi's Scriptorium within the Fallen Fastness."

The imp adds, "I can assist you, but I will not confront Leventi in combat. That would only get me in worse trouble."

"However, your goal should be Leventi’s destruction," Tholvinus pushes. "The horror stories I could tell you, many of them true... "

The imp emphasizes, "Leventi is thoroughly untrustworthy."

Evidence Point Tally: 1

(What do you want to do next? Resting here is also an option, if you need it.)

Grand Lodge

Cirri's Familiar | Spells -/6/3/2 | Arcane Pool 6/10 (Active) | Flight Hex minutes 7/9 | GM Folio Reroll +2 | +2 Flaming Quarterstaff | Bless Weapon, 7 minutes | +2 Quarterstaff HP 63/78 | AC 21, T 12, FF 20 | Saves 6/7/7 | CMD 24 (26 vs trip) | Perception +7 | Init +1 | Female Human Magus 9 | Alignment NG |Ward on Ingrge

Cirri ponders the situation. "That's a big deal, right? Escaping through the hellmouth?"

K Planes: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (4) + 17 = 21

Of course it is. "Good, we have testimony. What else do we need? Freeing those souls from the wall would be good, but we need to find the exact spot."

"I don't need to recharge my spells, so I can keep going. Zarta looked in the Ghetto of Outcasts, but maybe we can go together and check some leads there."

Silver Crusade

HP: 59/59 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 16 l F +9, R +6, W +11 l Adoration (7/7), Channel Energy (5/5), Clarifying Channel (1/1), Inspired (1/1), Resistant Touch (7/7) l L1: 5/5, D1: 1/1, L2: 4/4, D2: 1/1, L3: 3/3, D3: 1/1, L4: 2/2, D4: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +4
Skills:
Craft: Musical Instruments +10, Diplomacy +12, Heal +11, Kn. Arcana +5, Kn. History +6, Kn. Planes +8, Kn. Religion +11, Linguistics +5, Sense Motive +11, Spellcraft +5
Female NG Human Cleric (Ecclesitheurge) 7 l Active Conditions:

"I think it would be worthwhile to speak with those trapped souls too," Nella agrees. "Especially since it sounds like Leventi allowed their superior to renegotiate the terms of his infernal contract to allow them to suffer in his place. If we can get proof of that...well, I'm pretty sure it'd be a big deal around here."

"And...I'd like to see if anything can be done for them," the priestess admits before she can stop herself.

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

Artylget stubs the butt of his Gauloise out in a bloodstone ashtray. "Ghetto of Outcasts? Know it well. Some artist friends of mine like to paint graffiti over the faces of the poor sods stuck in the wall."

He jerks a thumb at Zarta. "What about your lady friend. She coming with?"

(Where would you like to send Zarta? Anywhere but Widow's Cry is okay. Options are on Slide 5. Sending her to the Fallen Fastness (or any other location) would help by providing bonuses to your skill checks when you return there.)

Grand Lodge

Cirri's Familiar | Spells -/6/3/2 | Arcane Pool 6/10 (Active) | Flight Hex minutes 7/9 | GM Folio Reroll +2 | +2 Flaming Quarterstaff | Bless Weapon, 7 minutes | +2 Quarterstaff HP 63/78 | AC 21, T 12, FF 20 | Saves 6/7/7 | CMD 24 (26 vs trip) | Perception +7 | Init +1 | Female Human Magus 9 | Alignment NG |Ward on Ingrge

"We'll need to go to the Fallen Fastness, anyway." Cirri thinks about it. "Zarta, could you go there first and see what's in there? Once we look through the Ghetto of Outcasts we can figure out the next step."

Dark Archive

PFS #76925-14 LN Male Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 6 / HellKnight 2 HP: 82/82| AC: 22/12/21 | Fort: +9| Ref: +5| Will: +5| Init: +1| Perc: +9| CMB: +8 +6 Vs Disarm| CMD: 20 +3 vs Disarm| Ada.H.Flail: +16;1d10+11| Longbow:+9;1d8| Reliable Strike 1/day
Skills:
Acrobatics:+1| Appraise:+2| Bluff:+1| Climb:-2| Diplo:+2| Inti: +9| Kn.(Dun/Eng/Loc/Pla/Reli): +10| Kn.(Noble/His): +3| Linguis:+4| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -4| Survival: +6| Swim: +3|

"Now this is a serious turn of events!" Alden proclaims.

"By you aiding us, you too aid in Leventi's distruction! Just by knowing all this is but yet another weapon to be used in his fall. Surely now you can see that throwing in your lot with us might gain you the best chance for what you wish." looking at the imp.

"Let us proceed with your suggestion, friend Cirri. With our might, we can set things right!" Alden is keen to move off.

Grand Lodge

Ifirit Unchained Barbarian 3/ Fighter 2/Techslinger 1/ Horizon Walker 4: HP 101/101 AC21 FF18 T13 Int +9 (+4 in Urban/Desert +2 in )Fort 15 Reflex 9 Will 3/ FireR 10/ Aligned CG

Obtrivi looks back and forth and shrugs, waiting for Cirri to give him a order. This is all way above his head.

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

Zarta pushes away from the table and takes her leave, heading toward the Fallen Fastness.

The team follows Artylget to the Ghetto of Outcasts.
Artylget Knowledge (planes): 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (9) + 15 = 24

---

Two hours later you arrive at the broken wasteland outside Dis teeming with the damned, who scratch out a squalid existence in the shadow of the city’s mountainous walls. Remnants of buildings sit half-broken beneath the glacial advance of the walls, and the agonized moans of the souls imprisoned within the wall harmonize with the more energetic screams of the partially trapped petitioners slowly joining them.

The damned souls of the condescending and entitled suffer in impoverishment on the outskirts of the city. Devils regularly patrol the walls and nearby area to safeguard Dis.

The trail Zarta described leads you to the base of the city walls, which are inexorably crushing and consuming the souls of maralictor Devin Madras, the human petitioner paladin of Iomedae, and Hellknights Aurora Tesk, tiefling petitioner fighter, and Ria Dresk, the half-elf petitioner fighter.

Just as Zarta had told you, the Hellknight and armingers are coherent but largely uninterested in conversation. You think you could inspire them to speak by cajoling them, reminding them of their pride as Hellknights, or just being infectiously cheerful.
[Which you can accomplish with a hard Diplomacy check or an average Knowledge (religion) or Perform (comedy or oratory) check.]

Time Elapsed: 11/48 hours

Sovereign Court

CG Elf Arcanist 8 | HP: 58/58 | AC: 13 (T: 13, F: 10) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +9 | Perc: +11 | Speed 30 | Arcane Reservoir remaining: 7/11 | Low-light vision | Reroll | Conditions: Sickened

Take 10 on Kn (Religion) for 21

Erlathan clears his throat. "Excuse me. You're Hellknights, right? I know a thing or two about what it means to be a Hellknight, believe it or not, and of how prideful a Hellknight can - and should - be. Who can uphold the law like you can? If you'll allow me to explain..." The elf nervously goes on to talk about and compliment their iron-handed execution of law and order.

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

Once roused by Erlathan, the trio seems curious. "Who are you? What brings you here?"

They struggle even to breathe, encased in the crushing infernal wall.

Grand Lodge

Cirri's Familiar | Spells -/6/3/2 | Arcane Pool 6/10 (Active) | Flight Hex minutes 7/9 | GM Folio Reroll +2 | +2 Flaming Quarterstaff | Bless Weapon, 7 minutes | +2 Quarterstaff HP 63/78 | AC 21, T 12, FF 20 | Saves 6/7/7 | CMD 24 (26 vs trip) | Perception +7 | Init +1 | Female Human Magus 9 | Alignment NG |Ward on Ingrge

Cirri looks on, sadly. The chorus of wailing souls remind her of the City of Brass, but worse. Souls sold away to become part of Hell's walls. She shudders at the thought.

Still, it's good to see the Hellknights are active and willing to speak. "We... we heard an awful story and needed to discover the truth. You shouldn't be here. Your former superior Staebius Kalmp sold your souls to save his. And Leventi kept you here so you couldn't appeal the case for your freedom. We want to help you and defeat Leventi."

"We need to get you out of this wall. We need information on Leventi's case. And we need to find out what happened to Teena Forester. Please, any information you have would be useful!"

Diplomacy(Aid): 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 3 - 4 = 12
Cirri helps!

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

Maralictor Devin Madras blinks, trying to focus on Cirri. "We would prefer to be free of this wall. At least then, we could be destroyed on our own terms."

The tiefling Aurora Tesk glances down. "Extracting us from the wall is easier said than done, however."

"The fortifications actively cling to us," adds the half-elf Ria Dresk. She looks up at a passing patrol. "And it might be best to time an escape attempt for an opportunity to avoid Dispater's Attention."

(Mechanics: You may attempt a combat maneuver, Escape Artist, Knowledge (engineering), or Profession (miner) check. Any spells that facilitate travel or escape provide a circumstance bonus equal to twice their spell level on the check, but the wall’s anchoring property prevent such spells from freeing the Hellknights outright. Each attempt to free the group takes 1 hour, representing the PCs’ wait for a suitable opening.
If you don’t wait for an opening, a check takes only a few rounds but carries its own risk of dire consequences... )

Grand Lodge

Cirri's Familiar | Spells -/6/3/2 | Arcane Pool 6/10 (Active) | Flight Hex minutes 7/9 | GM Folio Reroll +2 | +2 Flaming Quarterstaff | Bless Weapon, 7 minutes | +2 Quarterstaff HP 63/78 | AC 21, T 12, FF 20 | Saves 6/7/7 | CMD 24 (26 vs trip) | Perception +7 | Init +1 | Female Human Magus 9 | Alignment NG |Ward on Ingrge

"Riddywhipple. You can cast grease, right?" Cirri confirms that her fairy dragon can cast the spell 6 times per day. "Okay. We'll wait for the right time and then... bam!" Grease boosts Escape Artist checks. Does that count?

Cirri waits patiently.
My Flight Hex replicates the effect of the fly spell. If this counts as "facilitating travel", please give me a +6 bonus as I spend it for 1 minute. Otherwise I'll cast Bull's Strength for a +2 bonus here.

CMB check: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
Add +6 for fly, +2 for Bull's Strength or +2 for Grease as needed... I'm gonna need all of them with these rolls

Cirri tries her hardest, but it isn't easy smashing the walls of hell.

Grand Lodge

Ifirit Unchained Barbarian 3/ Fighter 2/Techslinger 1/ Horizon Walker 4: HP 101/101 AC21 FF18 T13 Int +9 (+4 in Urban/Desert +2 in )Fort 15 Reflex 9 Will 3/ FireR 10/ Aligned CG

Not 100% sure, but if each person's attempt acts as an hour, this will just be an assist to Ciri.
Obtrivi waits until the right moment and pulls with all his considerable might.

CMB Aid?: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14

Silver Crusade

HP: 59/59 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 16 l F +9, R +6, W +11 l Adoration (7/7), Channel Energy (5/5), Clarifying Channel (1/1), Inspired (1/1), Resistant Touch (7/7) l L1: 5/5, D1: 1/1, L2: 4/4, D2: 1/1, L3: 3/3, D3: 1/1, L4: 2/2, D4: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +4
Skills:
Craft: Musical Instruments +10, Diplomacy +12, Heal +11, Kn. Arcana +5, Kn. History +6, Kn. Planes +8, Kn. Religion +11, Linguistics +5, Sense Motive +11, Spellcraft +5
Female NG Human Cleric (Ecclesitheurge) 7 l Active Conditions:

Nella struggles to fight her growing horror as the screams of the trapped souls ring in her ears; more than anything she wants to cling to her holy symbol, safely tucked away in her pack for the sake of maintaining their low profile. But there's still the colorful tattoo on her wrist, just underneath her sleeve. The fingers of her other hand slide under the sleeve and rub at the pigmented skin in a manner reminiscent of someone rubbing at an arthritic joint. It's not much but it does make her feel a little bit better.

"I...I think I have something that might help," Nella finally speaks, looking around nervously. As Cirri makes her attempt and Obtrivi leaps in to help, Nella begins casting a spell of her own...

CMB Check + Freedom of Movement: 1d20 + 5 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 5 + 8 = 23

Dark Archive

PFS #76925-14 LN Male Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 6 / HellKnight 2 HP: 82/82| AC: 22/12/21 | Fort: +9| Ref: +5| Will: +5| Init: +1| Perc: +9| CMB: +8 +6 Vs Disarm| CMD: 20 +3 vs Disarm| Ada.H.Flail: +16;1d10+11| Longbow:+9;1d8| Reliable Strike 1/day
Skills:
Acrobatics:+1| Appraise:+2| Bluff:+1| Climb:-2| Diplo:+2| Inti: +9| Kn.(Dun/Eng/Loc/Pla/Reli): +10| Kn.(Noble/His): +3| Linguis:+4| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -4| Survival: +6| Swim: +3|

"I see fellow Hellknights being sold out by their superior. I am Alden Darkcrown a Hellknight of the Chain. I shall see that your plight be redressed! We need more information about Teena Forester." Alden Speaks to the imprisoned seeking to get them to respond.

Knowledge (Religion) 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11 Another 1. :(
Knowledge (Engineering) 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15 sigh....

He studies the wall knowing that time is of essence.

Dark Archive

M Human- Chelaxian LN Inquisitor-8 (Sanctified Slayer of Asmodeus), HP 67, AC 23 (touch 12, ff 21), Init +4. Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +9.

Alexander will attempt a combined action to see if he had free one or more of the trapped Hellknights-

OOC- Using a potion of Enlarge Person, Alexander will attempt to gain Large size and then try to dislodge one or more (if possible in one attempt) of the trapped Hellknights.

Knowledge (Religion): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23

CMB (Large-Pull Free): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23 (+10 if Alexander is unable to gain large size)

"Stand back everyone...when I get the chance, I am going to drink this magical potion and grow to four-times my normal size... then I will try to pull out one of these trapped souls."

Waiting several minutes for the opportunity to present itself...

"ONE, TWO, THREE...PULL!!!"

Sovereign Court

CG Elf Arcanist 8 | HP: 58/58 | AC: 13 (T: 13, F: 10) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +9 | Perc: +11 | Speed 30 | Arcane Reservoir remaining: 7/11 | Low-light vision | Reroll | Conditions: Sickened

"I'm afraid I won't be much help here," Erlathan grumbles. "Knowledge on near anything? I'm your elf. Pulling Hellknights free? Leave it to the barbarians." Regardless, the wizard rolls up his sleeves and does what he can to help free a few fingers and toes.

CMB, Aid?: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

GM, if you could envisage Gust of Wind helping in a way that won't harm the Hellknights, Erlathan will cast that first for an extra +4

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

The team studies the passing patrols of devils, biding your time until an opportunity presents itself. Finally, after about an hour, you see your chance.

Cirri helps Corona, who casts a spell, grabs Aurora by her fiendish vestigial horns, and frees the tiefling.

At just the right angle shown him by Alden, an enlarged Alexander pulls on Devin, ripping him from the wall.

Riddywhipple lends his aid to Erlathan, who casts a spell, tugging, huffing, puffing and blowing Ria out of the wall.

Grand Lodge

Cirri's Familiar | Spells -/6/3/2 | Arcane Pool 6/10 (Active) | Flight Hex minutes 7/9 | GM Folio Reroll +2 | +2 Flaming Quarterstaff | Bless Weapon, 7 minutes | +2 Quarterstaff HP 63/78 | AC 21, T 12, FF 20 | Saves 6/7/7 | CMD 24 (26 vs trip) | Perception +7 | Init +1 | Female Human Magus 9 | Alignment NG |Ward on Ingrge

"Yay! You're free!" Cirri claps happily.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Human- Chelaxian LN Inquisitor-8 (Sanctified Slayer of Asmodeus), HP 67, AC 23 (touch 12, ff 21), Init +4. Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +9.

"A job well-done all!"

Alexander's grim expression is momentarily betrayed by the slightest of smiles forming on his face... which last only briefly before he catches himself and re-engages his iron-jawed and emotionless posture.

Silver Crusade

HP: 59/59 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 16 l F +9, R +6, W +11 l Adoration (7/7), Channel Energy (5/5), Clarifying Channel (1/1), Inspired (1/1), Resistant Touch (7/7) l L1: 5/5, D1: 1/1, L2: 4/4, D2: 1/1, L3: 3/3, D3: 1/1, L4: 2/2, D4: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +4
Skills:
Craft: Musical Instruments +10, Diplomacy +12, Heal +11, Kn. Arcana +5, Kn. History +6, Kn. Planes +8, Kn. Religion +11, Linguistics +5, Sense Motive +11, Spellcraft +5
Female NG Human Cleric (Ecclesitheurge) 7 l Active Conditions:

Unable to help herself, Nella gives Alexander an actually-friendly nudge with her arm. "Was that a smiiiiiile? I think it wassss," she teases. "You don't look half-bad when you smile, you know."

Nella takes a moment longer to bask in the glow of a job well-done before turning her attention more properly to the three rescued Hellknights. "How do you feel? Can you stand to walk?"

She looks around nervously. "We should probably make ourselves scarce before anyone notices what we've done."

Dark Archive

PFS #76925-14 LN Male Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 6 / HellKnight 2 HP: 82/82| AC: 22/12/21 | Fort: +9| Ref: +5| Will: +5| Init: +1| Perc: +9| CMB: +8 +6 Vs Disarm| CMD: 20 +3 vs Disarm| Ada.H.Flail: +16;1d10+11| Longbow:+9;1d8| Reliable Strike 1/day
Skills:
Acrobatics:+1| Appraise:+2| Bluff:+1| Climb:-2| Diplo:+2| Inti: +9| Kn.(Dun/Eng/Loc/Pla/Reli): +10| Kn.(Noble/His): +3| Linguis:+4| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -4| Survival: +6| Swim: +3|

"Yes lets." Agrees Alden.

"Though if we're stopped we shall show them that we are in the right. What's more? Now that we have freed you, we need your part of the story that landed you in that predicament."

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

Speaking with the freed and now very grateful Hellknights,
you confirm what Zarta had told you back at the Warm Welcome. You're certain you have enough background to request and study their associated contracts in the Fallen Fastness.

Devin produces an small clasp and hands it to you. "This is Teena Forester’s Order of the Pike insignia. If you meet her in your pursuit of Leventi, remind her of her duty."

Devin insists, "We do not serve Hell. We study and wield it to spread Law, no more."

The Hellknights are wary of entering Dis. Ria says, "We'll scavenge some weapons here in the Ghetto of Outcasts that we can use to defend ourselves."

Aurora adds, "We're not interested in leaving Hell so long as Leventi maintains ownership of our souls."

Devin says, "If our testimony can be of use in undermining Leventi, though, we're willing to wait for their summons in a safe place."

Evidence Tally: 2. You've earned 1 Evidence Point for freeing the Hellknights.

Where to next? Options are displayed on Slide 5.

Grand Lodge

Cirri's Familiar | Spells -/6/3/2 | Arcane Pool 6/10 (Active) | Flight Hex minutes 7/9 | GM Folio Reroll +2 | +2 Flaming Quarterstaff | Bless Weapon, 7 minutes | +2 Quarterstaff HP 63/78 | AC 21, T 12, FF 20 | Saves 6/7/7 | CMD 24 (26 vs trip) | Perception +7 | Init +1 | Female Human Magus 9 | Alignment NG |Ward on Ingrge

Cirri is pleased, and for once doesn't mind Alexander. "It's okay to smile, you know." She puts her fingers in her mouth and stretches her grin out. "See?"

Turning to the Hellknights, she takes the insignia. "If we see Teena Forester, we will remind her."

"We will get your souls back. But your testimony will be very useful."

Cirri turns to the party. "Did we want to look for Leventi's contacts in the Market of Breaths? The more evidence we collect the easier it will be to ruin his promotion, right?"

Silver Crusade

HP: 59/59 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 16 l F +9, R +6, W +11 l Adoration (7/7), Channel Energy (5/5), Clarifying Channel (1/1), Inspired (1/1), Resistant Touch (7/7) l L1: 5/5, D1: 1/1, L2: 4/4, D2: 1/1, L3: 3/3, D3: 1/1, L4: 2/2, D4: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +4
Skills:
Craft: Musical Instruments +10, Diplomacy +12, Heal +11, Kn. Arcana +5, Kn. History +6, Kn. Planes +8, Kn. Religion +11, Linguistics +5, Sense Motive +11, Spellcraft +5
Female NG Human Cleric (Ecclesitheurge) 7 l Active Conditions:

"Seems like a good idea as any," Nella remarks. "Maybe we can get one of them to slip up and give us something we can use against him."

Sovereign Court

CG Elf Arcanist 8 | HP: 58/58 | AC: 13 (T: 13, F: 10) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +9 | Perc: +11 | Speed 30 | Arcane Reservoir remaining: 7/11 | Low-light vision | Reroll | Conditions: Sickened

"Indeed," Erlathan wiggles his chin noodles in agreement. "Let's move on, and see what more we can find. The sooner, the better. I believe Hell has made my tentacles only grow longer."

Dark Archive

M Human- Chelaxian LN Inquisitor-8 (Sanctified Slayer of Asmodeus), HP 67, AC 23 (touch 12, ff 21), Init +4. Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +9.

Alexander remains unresponsive to Nella and Cirri's jests.

"Yes, I would agree. We should proceed to the Market of Breaths."

Turning to Devin, "You may not serve Hell, but I certainly do. Asmodeus is a powerful ally to have on your side. He will punish this breach of oaths... and set your souls free."

Dark Archive

PFS #76925-14 LN Male Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 6 / HellKnight 2 HP: 82/82| AC: 22/12/21 | Fort: +9| Ref: +5| Will: +5| Init: +1| Perc: +9| CMB: +8 +6 Vs Disarm| CMD: 20 +3 vs Disarm| Ada.H.Flail: +16;1d10+11| Longbow:+9;1d8| Reliable Strike 1/day
Skills:
Acrobatics:+1| Appraise:+2| Bluff:+1| Climb:-2| Diplo:+2| Inti: +9| Kn.(Dun/Eng/Loc/Pla/Reli): +10| Kn.(Noble/His): +3| Linguis:+4| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -4| Survival: +6| Swim: +3|

"You would fine that Asmodeus is a fair though tough taskmaster." Alden replies to the hellknights just rescued.

"We'll still seek out evidence to bring down this oath abuser and if we find this Teena Oath breaker, we shall endeavor to make sure she answers for this."

"Aye Master Alexander, to the Market of Breaths then."

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Cirri's Familiar | Spells -/6/3/2 | Arcane Pool 6/10 (Active) | Flight Hex minutes 7/9 | GM Folio Reroll +2 | +2 Flaming Quarterstaff | Bless Weapon, 7 minutes | +2 Quarterstaff HP 63/78 | AC 21, T 12, FF 20 | Saves 6/7/7 | CMD 24 (26 vs trip) | Perception +7 | Init +1 | Female Human Magus 9 | Alignment NG |Ward on Ingrge

As they leave, Cirri whispers "It's totally fine if you don't want to follow Asmodeus, though!" to the freed Hellknights.

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

The visages of the Hellknights blanch, when Alden suggests they forsake Iomedae for Asmodeus.

Their horror fade to relief, when Cirri assures them the team's aid isn't contingent on their unholy conversion.

Artylget finishes chain-smoking another Gauloise. "Back to the Market of Breaths? Think I know a shortcut."

Knowledge (planes): 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (12) + 15 = 27

Time Elapsed: 13/48 hours

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

The Market of Breaths occupies a tower floating 300 feet above the ground. You pay the grinning tiefling ferryman Gelkine another 10gp for transport back up to the market on a bone barge carried by a fiendish roc.

The floating tower drips a constant rain of pitch onto the streets below and vibrates with a chorus of screams from the countless living tongues layered into its walls. In contrast, the upper portico hums pleasantly with commerce. Pergolas covered in thorny vines and quivering flesh loom over the maze-like cobbled streets. Snaking flames illuminate storefronts promising life, death, and everything in between, while tents of all shapes and construction host the quick patter of haggling and the predatory gaze of shopkeepers. Fiends, mortals, and more barter and deal, all under the watchful gaze of an enormous blue dragon perched atop the tower.

Artylget points up at the fiendish blue dragon. "Erzylian oversees all business. Almost anything can be purchased here, but the merchants disdain gold. If you pay only with coins, gems, or other conventional valuables, market prices are about 10% higher than you're used to back home."

The imp offers an evil grin, "However, if you exchange a portion of yourselves with a Dark Bargains, most items are available at 'normal' market prices, and you might receive a discount based on what you exchange."

Looking around, it seems mundane mortal goods are difficult to locate, with survival essentials like food costing 100 times the normal amount. Lodging costs 150gp for 8 hours, but thankfully, Zarta arranged free room and board with her gnome friend, Artinean Tecbright, at The Warm Welcome, if you need to rest.

You have the opportunity to gather information, look for leads, and make purchases of virtually any variety.

Diplomacy (gather information) DC15+:
Merchants from around the multiverse offer wares ranging from fabulous physical treasures to emotions, experiences, and concepts. The sellers prefer more exotic commodities than gold in trade.

Diplomacy (gather information) DC20+:
Mortal merchants here have particular interest in unsullied food and drink. The gnome Artinean Tecbright has been eagerly purchasing any food he can find.

Diplomacy (gather information) DC25+:
The erinyes Arenthea is a known associate of Leventi’s and seems particularly desperate to acquire any rare tomes or secrets.

Diplomacy (gather information) DC30+:
The night hag Yseldra buys, sells, and leases the souls of dead warriors from her well-hidden shop. She is renting the soul of Ophelia Peran, a former Thrune agent, to Leventi, but she’s grown aggravated with the contract devil’s high-pressure tactics to buy the contract. The likelihood that she would make another deal with Leventi is slim.

(Don't forget your planar penalties, your bonus if you speak Infernal, and your +2 bonus from Zarta's having already visited the Market of Breaths once.)

Grand Lodge

Cirri's Familiar | Spells -/6/3/2 | Arcane Pool 6/10 (Active) | Flight Hex minutes 7/9 | GM Folio Reroll +2 | +2 Flaming Quarterstaff | Bless Weapon, 7 minutes | +2 Quarterstaff HP 63/78 | AC 21, T 12, FF 20 | Saves 6/7/7 | CMD 24 (26 vs trip) | Perception +7 | Init +1 | Female Human Magus 9 | Alignment NG |Ward on Ingrge

"Right..." Cirri listens to the "great discounts" and moves on.

Diplomacy, NG: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 3 - 4 = 9

Unsurprisingly, Cirri is way too timid to speak to the denizens of hell.


Spells -/4 | Greater Invisibility 2/3 | Alignment CG HP 33/39 | AC 24 (T 17 FF 20) | Saves 6/8/7 | Perception +11 | Init +3 | Riddywhipple, Faerie Dragon familiar (Master) |

Riddywhipple makes his mental notes.

Diplomacy, CG: 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 8 - 4 = 23

"Artinean Tecbright really wants to buy unsullied food and drink. I wonder if he misses the taste of mortal food..."

Dark Archive

PFS #76925-14 LN Male Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 6 / HellKnight 2 HP: 82/82| AC: 22/12/21 | Fort: +9| Ref: +5| Will: +5| Init: +1| Perc: +9| CMB: +8 +6 Vs Disarm| CMD: 20 +3 vs Disarm| Ada.H.Flail: +16;1d10+11| Longbow:+9;1d8| Reliable Strike 1/day
Skills:
Acrobatics:+1| Appraise:+2| Bluff:+1| Climb:-2| Diplo:+2| Inti: +9| Kn.(Dun/Eng/Loc/Pla/Reli): +10| Kn.(Noble/His): +3| Linguis:+4| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -4| Survival: +6| Swim: +3|

Diplomacy 1d20 + 2 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 2 - 2 = 6
Alden listlessly browses through the wares unable to find out anything that could aid their misson and it disappoints him.

Dark Archive

M Human- Chelaxian LN Inquisitor-8 (Sanctified Slayer of Asmodeus), HP 67, AC 23 (touch 12, ff 21), Init +4. Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +9.

Diplomacy (Gather Information): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

"I am unable to gain any information beyond what Zarta has already told us. I am curious as to what sort of 'Dark Bargain' would be necessary to obtain the goods we need?"

Turning to the imp, "I have two bottles of fine wine with me. Back home they cost me 10 pieces of gold each. What do you think I could get for them here? Perhaps I should offer them to that Gnome that Zarta has struck some sort of deal with?"

Silver Crusade

HP: 59/59 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 16 l F +9, R +6, W +11 l Adoration (7/7), Channel Energy (5/5), Clarifying Channel (1/1), Inspired (1/1), Resistant Touch (7/7) l L1: 5/5, D1: 1/1, L2: 4/4, D2: 1/1, L3: 3/3, D3: 1/1, L4: 2/2, D4: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +4
Skills:
Craft: Musical Instruments +10, Diplomacy +12, Heal +11, Kn. Arcana +5, Kn. History +6, Kn. Planes +8, Kn. Religion +11, Linguistics +5, Sense Motive +11, Spellcraft +5
Female NG Human Cleric (Ecclesitheurge) 7 l Active Conditions:

Diplomacy (Gather Information): 1d20 + 12 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 12 - 4 + 2 = 21

"Hmm...yes, it seems like what there is to know are things that we already know," Nella agrees after the group reconvenes a short time later. "It seems like we're going to have to be creative with our offers if we intend to bargain with anyone here. They don't want gold but I've no intention of paying with my soul or even a part of it. Since I don't think anyone else here plans to do that either I'm not sure where that leaves us," she finishes grimly.

"Well, except maybe for the food. Didn't we hear that Artinean wanted 'good' stuff, not rations? Alexander's wine might do the trick, at least."

Sovereign Court

CG Elf Arcanist 8 | HP: 58/58 | AC: 13 (T: 13, F: 10) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +9 | Perc: +11 | Speed 30 | Arcane Reservoir remaining: 7/11 | Low-light vision | Reroll | Conditions: Sickened

Diplomacy, Planar, Infernal, Zarta: 1d20 + 1 - 4 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 1 - 4 + 2 + 2 = 16

"Even a devilish-looking elf has a hard time getting details in Hell," Erlathan scoffs as he comes back with the very same information the others had already obtained. "Who is this Tecbright fellow anyway? Anyone know?"

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

GM Screen:
Time gathering information: 1d2 ⇒ 1

The team spends about an hour looking for leads among the merchants and customers in the Market of Breaths, but they turn up little that they didn't already know, information that Zarta had given them, during their last meeting at The Warm Welcome, the trade house managed by the gnome Atinean Tecbright.
Time Elapsed: 14/48 hours

With no other useful leads, the intrepid adventures seek out Arenthea, the erinyes wizard, who Zarta said works as a librarian for the Fallen Fastness.

You find her at The Emerald Eye, browsing the elven lich Nemetiel’s collection of the preserved heads of scholars. A fallen vulpinal agathion servant of the empyreal lord Irez, she still has black vulpine ears and small, sharp teeth. Her demeanor and dress suggest an affable scholar.

Her eyes narrow, suspicious, when you approach. "Well, don't just stand there gawking at me. Who are you, and what do you want?"

Grand Lodge

Cirri's Familiar | Spells -/6/3/2 | Arcane Pool 6/10 (Active) | Flight Hex minutes 7/9 | GM Folio Reroll +2 | +2 Flaming Quarterstaff | Bless Weapon, 7 minutes | +2 Quarterstaff HP 63/78 | AC 21, T 12, FF 20 | Saves 6/7/7 | CMD 24 (26 vs trip) | Perception +7 | Init +1 | Female Human Magus 9 | Alignment NG |Ward on Ingrge

"Wow, fox features." Cirri mumbles, then quickly sketches facial details.

"Uh... we need to ask her about Leventi's business deals. Anyone good at lying?"

Silver Crusade

HP: 59/59 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 16 l F +9, R +6, W +11 l Adoration (7/7), Channel Energy (5/5), Clarifying Channel (1/1), Inspired (1/1), Resistant Touch (7/7) l L1: 5/5, D1: 1/1, L2: 4/4, D2: 1/1, L3: 3/3, D3: 1/1, L4: 2/2, D4: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +4
Skills:
Craft: Musical Instruments +10, Diplomacy +12, Heal +11, Kn. Arcana +5, Kn. History +6, Kn. Planes +8, Kn. Religion +11, Linguistics +5, Sense Motive +11, Spellcraft +5
Female NG Human Cleric (Ecclesitheurge) 7 l Active Conditions:

Nella glances around at the group, particularly at Alexander and Alden. "I don't think subtlety is really a thing we've got going for us right now," she whispers back to Cirri. "Maybe we should just be honest?"

Dark Archive

M Human- Chelaxian LN Inquisitor-8 (Sanctified Slayer of Asmodeus), HP 67, AC 23 (touch 12, ff 21), Init +4. Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +9.

"I am Alexander Divyr Incostas... Servant of the Dark Lord, the instrument of HIS divine will. It is a pleasure to meet you."

Alexander gives a slight bow.

"If you are so inclined, we would like to ask you some questions."

Alexander will use his planer knowledge and/or ability to sense the true motivations of creatures to see if he can deduce what this creature might desire.

Knowledge (Planes): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (4) + 16 = 20

201 to 250 of 608 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Lorenzo's #10-08: What Prestige is Worth (Tiers 7-11) - OUTPOST II All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.