GM Lorenzo's #10-08: What Prestige is Worth - OUTPOST II (Inactive)

Game Master Lawrence Smith 2

Maps, Handouts, and More!


301 to 350 of 608 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Sovereign Court

CG Elf Arcanist 8 | HP: 58/58 | AC: 13 (T: 13, F: 10) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +9 | Perc: +11 | Speed 30 | Arcane Reservoir remaining: 7/11 | Low-light vision | Reroll | Conditions: Sickened

Erlathan ponders on the thought of a Dark Bargain for some time despite Cirri's protesting. "What would I be losing? A piece of myself? These tentacles are a piece of myself. Does that count?"

He looks relieved when the contract is given to Nella. ".. Well, Ms. Yseldra, it looks like my short verbal 'contract' with you has expired. How timely. Ta-ta!" The elf follows the others out, his soul still intact. "If I ever need an attorney, Nella, I will keep you in mind."

Dark Archive

PFS #76925-14 LN Male Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 6 / HellKnight 2 HP: 82/82| AC: 22/12/21 | Fort: +9| Ref: +5| Will: +5| Init: +1| Perc: +9| CMB: +8 +6 Vs Disarm| CMD: 20 +3 vs Disarm| Ada.H.Flail: +16;1d10+11| Longbow:+9;1d8| Reliable Strike 1/day
Skills:
Acrobatics:+1| Appraise:+2| Bluff:+1| Climb:-2| Diplo:+2| Inti: +9| Kn.(Dun/Eng/Loc/Pla/Reli): +10| Kn.(Noble/His): +3| Linguis:+4| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -4| Survival: +6| Swim: +3|

"Indeed. My order would find fine use for one with your talents, Milady Nella. I understand if you have prior commitments though." Alden adds on.

"Now to find our objective and it's clear that this Leventi has gone against the nature of the Law if even the night hag is willing to help us."

Silver Crusade

HP: 59/59 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 16 l F +9, R +6, W +11 l Adoration (7/7), Channel Energy (5/5), Clarifying Channel (1/1), Inspired (0/1), Resistant Touch (7/7) l L1: 5/5, D1: 1/1, L2: 4/4, D2: 1/1, L3: 2/3, D3: 1/1, L4: 2/2, D4: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +4
Skills:
Craft: Musical Instruments +10, Diplomacy +12, Heal +11, Kn. Arcana +5, Kn. History +6, Kn. Planes +8, Kn. Religion +11, Linguistics +5, Sense Motive +11, Spellcraft +5
Female NG Human Cleric (Ecclesitheurge) 7 l Active Conditions:

Nella manages to keep her smile until they've exited Ysrelda's shop and she's certain the night hag is no longer in earshot, upon which it drops off her face like a stone and she leans against a nearby wall for support.

"Th-thanks but I don't think I'm cut out for a life of contract negotiation," she manages. "At least not here. It's hard enough to concentrate as it is and I don't think my nerves could take it forever!"

She glances down at the contract in her hand. Someone's soul. She held the very representation of someone's soul in her hand.

"Souls shouldn't even have a price."

Her grip on the contract tightens. "Okay, I guess we need to figure out how to 'use' the contract and contact Ophelia or summon her to us," she says as she attempts to read through the contract to see how it functions.

Kn. Planes (If Necessary): 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 8 - 4 = 14
Kn. Religion (If Necessary): 1d20 + 11 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 11 - 4 = 10
Linguistics (If Necessary): 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 5 - 4 = 18
______________

Re: Discussion - If speaking with Ophelia is the 'trigger' that will move us along to the scenario's conclusion then I'm happy to hold off in the name of resting/reporting to Zarta/etc. so that we can explore around a bit more first.

Silver Crusade

HP: 59/59 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 16 l F +9, R +6, W +11 l Adoration (7/7), Channel Energy (5/5), Clarifying Channel (1/1), Inspired (0/1), Resistant Touch (7/7) l L1: 5/5, D1: 1/1, L2: 4/4, D2: 1/1, L3: 2/3, D3: 1/1, L4: 2/2, D4: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +4
Skills:
Craft: Musical Instruments +10, Diplomacy +12, Heal +11, Kn. Arcana +5, Kn. History +6, Kn. Planes +8, Kn. Religion +11, Linguistics +5, Sense Motive +11, Spellcraft +5
Female NG Human Cleric (Ecclesitheurge) 7 l Active Conditions:

"...Although...maybe it's getting late here? I'm not sure," Nella remarks after a moment's consideration. "It probably couldn't hurt to step back to our rooms for a bit, maybe try to rest our minds. And it might be a better place to try and fiddle with this contract than out here on the streets."
______________

Happy to return to our lodgings and trade some wine~

Dark Archive

M Human- Chelaxian LN Inquisitor-8 (Sanctified Slayer of Asmodeus), HP 67, AC 23 (touch 12, ff 21), Init +4. Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +9.

Alexander nods in agreement as Nella suggests some rest before continuing.

"Perhaps it is best if we each take a necessary rest. Hell can be a very draining place for those unaccustomed to its excesses. I for one look forward to what will undoubtedly be a epic confrontation in just a few hours."

Sovereign Court

CG Elf Arcanist 8 | HP: 58/58 | AC: 13 (T: 13, F: 10) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +9 | Perc: +11 | Speed 30 | Arcane Reservoir remaining: 7/11 | Low-light vision | Reroll | Conditions: Sickened

"Rest?! I thought you'd never ask!" Erlathan sighs luxuriously. "Draining indeed. Near tortuous, even. I cannot shake the looming feeling that just one word will have my soul stolen. Not that I'd give it up without a fight. I mean, have these devils seen my spellbook?" The elf begins to hold his spellbook over his head... then realizes he's in Hell, and slowly lowers it.

Silver Crusade

HP: 59/59 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 16 l F +9, R +6, W +11 l Adoration (7/7), Channel Energy (5/5), Clarifying Channel (1/1), Inspired (0/1), Resistant Touch (7/7) l L1: 5/5, D1: 1/1, L2: 4/4, D2: 1/1, L3: 2/3, D3: 1/1, L4: 2/2, D4: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +4
Skills:
Craft: Musical Instruments +10, Diplomacy +12, Heal +11, Kn. Arcana +5, Kn. History +6, Kn. Planes +8, Kn. Religion +11, Linguistics +5, Sense Motive +11, Spellcraft +5
Female NG Human Cleric (Ecclesitheurge) 7 l Active Conditions:

Nella stares at Erlathan as he engages in some rambling antics with his spellbook.

"You kinda march to your own beat, don't you? Also, doing that never helps if it's raining. Not that I know if it ever rains here in Hell or not, but you know...figured I'd mention it."

Grand Lodge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

Since you're in the Market of Breaths anyway, you decide to head back to Artinean Tecbright's efreeti armory, The Warm Welcome. When you arrive, the gnome greets you. "Welcome back. Oh, you've got some wine you're willing to sell? I'll offer you a 100 times what it cast you back in the mortal world."

(What are you selling?)

Artinean whispers, "By the way, I can also magically conceal you from infernal scrutiny, protecting you from attracting Dispater’s Attention as a result of brandishing a holy symbol or casting spells with the chaotic or good descriptor and stuff like that."

(This service costs 300gp and protects the PC for 7 hours.)

Artinean points you to a quiet table where Zarta is already waiting for you.

"Have a seat," Zarta says. "Let's review our progress so far... "

Recap
Arriving in Dis, you hired the imp Artylget to serve as your guide and went to the Fallen Fastness. You met the head librarian, the heresy devil Phlagantres and located the contract devil Vetrivides, who'd provided you the 48-hour writs authorizing you to investigate Leventi. Then you spoke to the phistophilus Jarluxis, who gave you a couple of leads, including information about the imp Tholvinus. She also agreed to help you analyze any infernal contracts you might find. (+5 circumstance bonus)

While you were at the Fallen Fortress, Zarta had visited the Market of Breaths, where she too learned about Tholvinis and the imp's location at the Widow’s Cry. She'd also arranged for free room and board with Artinean.

Then, you sent Zarta to the Ghetto of Outcasts, while you went to Widow’s Cry. There, you defeated a couple of erinyes devils and won two prizes, the imp Tholvinus and a pair of ebon-feathered wings of flying.

Afterwards, you met up at The Warm Welcome. Zarta told you that at the Ghetto of Outcasts, she'd learned about the Hellknights’ story, information the team can try to confirm it in the Fallen Fastness. After you finally agreed to help Gellius Thrune, the imp Tholvinus told you what he knows, your first valuable piece of evidence. He told you of Gellius Thrune's predicament and Leventi's negligence, and he provided you a layout of Leventi's scriptorium inside a section of the Fallen Fastness.

You sent Zarta to the Fallen Fastness, while you sought out the Hellknights in the Ghetto of Outcasts. You freed the trio of Hellknights trapped in the walls, and they provided you with your second piece of valuable evidence. Their leader, Devin Madras, gave you Teena Forester’s Order of the Pike insignia, and asked you to remind her of her duty to serve Law, not Hell. Teena Forester has been one of Leventi's unfortunate minions.

Zarta remained at the Fallen Fortess, while you returned to the Market of Breaths. At the Emerald Eye, you found the fallen agathion Arenthea, an erinyes who works as a librarian at the Fallen Fastness. Her suspect dealings with Leventi formed the third trench of useful evidence against Leventi.

Arenthea directed you to the night hag Yseldra, who agreed to give you the infernal contract of Ophelia Peran, another of Leventi's unfortunate minions.

(Zarta's two 'turns' at the Fallen Fortress will provide the team a +4 bonus on checks made there.)

Zarta nods, impressed with your progress. "Well done, Pathfinders. You've earned a well-deserved rest before we resume our investigation. We will want to be ready for anything when we finally confront Leventi."

"Whenever you're ready, we can return to the Fallen Fastness. With the evidence you've gathered, we can attempt to examine and analyze Leventi’s contracts, including those of the Hellknights, to confirm Leventi’s suspicious deal-making. Of course, we'd have to convince the curator, that immense heresy devil Phlagrantes, to cooperate with us."

She pauses, thoughtful. "I've also received an interesting invitation to meet in Eleusys with a norn named Rowane, a servant of the Queen of Dis. She'd like to discuss our investigation. It might make for an interesting conversation. What do you think, shall we accept the invitation?"

(You've rested 8 hours and are fully refreshed, though your dreams in Hell are vivid and disturbing. Where to next? Eleusys or the Fallen Fastness?)

Time Elapsed: 23/48
Evidence Tally: 3

Grand Lodge

Cirri's Familiar | Spells -/6/3/4 | Arcane Pool 9/10 | Flight Hex minutes 7/9 (Active) | GM Folio Reroll +2 | HP 75/78 | AC 25, T 13, FF 24 | Saves 6/7/7 | CMD 24 (26 vs trip) | Perception +7 | Init +1 | Female Human Magus 9 | Alignment NG |Mirror Image (7 images) 9 minutes | Ward on Ingrge

Cirri and Riddywhipple fall asleep. Blanket's a little itchy.

A tidal wave slams into her room, washing her staff and spellbook away before drowning her at sea.

Cirri wakes up, alive and not pleased by the dream. Riddywhipple shudders. "Did you watch your friends turn into poisonous zombies right in front of your eyes?" Cirri shakes no, but the fear is the same.

It's time to move. First thing's first: Prepare her spellbook.

"We could ask Jarluxis to evaluate Ophelia Peran. Maybe we can ask her to stand down if she attacks us."

Silver Crusade

HP: 59/59 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 16 l F +9, R +6, W +11 l Adoration (7/7), Channel Energy (5/5), Clarifying Channel (1/1), Inspired (0/1), Resistant Touch (7/7) l L1: 5/5, D1: 1/1, L2: 4/4, D2: 1/1, L3: 2/3, D3: 1/1, L4: 2/2, D4: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +4
Skills:
Craft: Musical Instruments +10, Diplomacy +12, Heal +11, Kn. Arcana +5, Kn. History +6, Kn. Planes +8, Kn. Religion +11, Linguistics +5, Sense Motive +11, Spellcraft +5
Female NG Human Cleric (Ecclesitheurge) 7 l Active Conditions:

"I think that'd be a good idea," Nella agrees when everyone meets up again the next 'morning'. "After that we should make contact with Ophelia and see what we can learn from her; we need to finish following up on what loose ends and leads we already have. Depending on how that goes, then we can go meet with this Rowane and see what she has to say. It can't hurt to collect as much evidence against Leventi as we can, after all."

Regardless of what the group's decision ultimately is, Nella pulls Artinean aside before they depart the Warm Welcome. "Now, what was that about a concealment spell?" she whispers.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 11 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 11 - 4 = 8
______________

As long as she's pretty sure that he's being sincere, Nella will pay the 300gp~

Dark Archive

PFS #76925-14 LN Male Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 6 / HellKnight 2 HP: 82/82| AC: 22/12/21 | Fort: +9| Ref: +5| Will: +5| Init: +1| Perc: +9| CMB: +8 +6 Vs Disarm| CMD: 20 +3 vs Disarm| Ada.H.Flail: +16;1d10+11| Longbow:+9;1d8| Reliable Strike 1/day
Skills:
Acrobatics:+1| Appraise:+2| Bluff:+1| Climb:-2| Diplo:+2| Inti: +9| Kn.(Dun/Eng/Loc/Pla/Reli): +10| Kn.(Noble/His): +3| Linguis:+4| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -4| Survival: +6| Swim: +3|

Alden meets the rest as per normal though he seems to place his tabard more prominently then usual. Its symbol depicting his order seems more pronounced as if the proud Hellknight had spent extra time cleaning it.

"Aye. Meeting this Rowane may turn up extra evidence we can use against that Leventi, Law breaker, he maybe. I support this motion."

Dark Archive

M Human- Chelaxian LN Inquisitor-8 (Sanctified Slayer of Asmodeus), HP 67, AC 23 (touch 12, ff 21), Init +4. Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +9.

Alexander sizes up the Gnome, "Good Sir, I have two bottles of a rather good Chelaxian wine that I would be willing to sell you... are you interested? The price for both bottles will be 2000 pieces of gold... or something of similar value."

When talking to Zarta-

"Any meeting that you think might aid us in this investigation would certainly be worth taking my Lady."

Removing the 2 bottles of wine (fine) from my inventory.

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

Artinean Tecbright offers a quivering smile to Nella, a little nervous when his honesty is questioned in Hell. Zarta cuts the tension. "Don't worry, Nella. You can trust him. He'd lose his license and his soul, if he cheated a customer in Dis."

Artinean Tecbright licks his lips at the sight of the bottles Alexander retrieves from his bags."Mea culpa, inquisitor. I misstated my offer: I'll buy the wine for 100 times the amount you'd get for it selling it back home. So fine wine normally costs 10gp, and you could normally sell it for 5gp. But I'll give you 500gp each, or 1000gp for both. Still want to take the deal?"

Zarta nods when you agree to visit Eleusys and meet with Rowane. "If we've attracted the interest of servant of the Queen of Dis, we may have attracted the interest of Erecura herself. I'm intrigued enough to accompany you when you call on the norn."

When Nella mentions Ophelia, Zarta frowns. "I suspect Leventi keeps valuable minions like Ophelia Peran or Teena Forester close or uses them for tasks he'd rather not have a personal hand in. Paranoia and plausible deniability have kept him alive this long, I doubt his modus operandi has changed."

She nods when Cirri and Alden suggest following up on the evidence. "Yes, we may learn more when we investigate the contracts themselves."

Sovereign Court

CG Elf Arcanist 8 | HP: 58/58 | AC: 13 (T: 13, F: 10) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +9 | Perc: +11 | Speed 30 | Arcane Reservoir remaining: 7/11 | Low-light vision | Reroll | Conditions: Sickened

"An invitation? Did it come in an aged envelope stamped with a wax seal, the seal a devil's footprint?" Erlathan rolls his eyes. "Yes, yes, let's be sure to meet this Rowane, and see what she has to say."

Silver Crusade

HP: 59/59 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 16 l F +9, R +6, W +11 l Adoration (7/7), Channel Energy (5/5), Clarifying Channel (1/1), Inspired (0/1), Resistant Touch (7/7) l L1: 5/5, D1: 1/1, L2: 4/4, D2: 1/1, L3: 2/3, D3: 1/1, L4: 2/2, D4: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +4
Skills:
Craft: Musical Instruments +10, Diplomacy +12, Heal +11, Kn. Arcana +5, Kn. History +6, Kn. Planes +8, Kn. Religion +11, Linguistics +5, Sense Motive +11, Spellcraft +5
Female NG Human Cleric (Ecclesitheurge) 7 l Active Conditions:

"Hmm, so we'd basically run into Ophelia when we go to deal with Leventi. That makes things a lot clearer then," Nella replies. "We'll deal with Ophelia when the time comes. Let's go meet with Rowane."

She then gives Artinean an apologetic smile. "Sorry, it's hard to not be a little paranoid under the circumstances. But Zarta's right, we're in Hell where contracts are binding - not the Abyss or somewhere else. I'll take your concealment magic, please."
______________

Deducted 300gp from Nella's funds~

Dark Archive

M Human- Chelaxian LN Inquisitor-8 (Sanctified Slayer of Asmodeus), HP 67, AC 23 (touch 12, ff 21), Init +4. Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +9.

"1000 pieces of gold will suffice."

Alexander understands the need to have his actions and intentions to be concealed and hands the 300 gold pieces back to the gnome.

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

The gnome eagerly completes his transaction with Alexander for the bottles of fine wine, and then he sprinkles a sparkling dust on the shoulders of Nella and Alexander. After a few seconds, the dust fades, no longer noticeable. Artinean warns you, "The effects will last only about seven hours."

---

Artylget is waiting outside The Warm Welcome, blowing smoke rings. He crushes the butt of his Gauloise under his heel. A devilish grin creases the imp's pinched face. "So, my work is done. I'm willing to negotiate another contract with you, but an extension costs extra, my friends. 75gp seems fair."

He shrugs, "Of course, you try to find your way on your own." He taps his naked wrist. "Tick, tock, b~#!~es."

Sense Motive DC20:
Artylget is only feigning indifference. He's enjoyed working with you.

Silver Crusade

HP: 59/59 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 16 l F +9, R +6, W +11 l Adoration (7/7), Channel Energy (5/5), Clarifying Channel (1/1), Inspired (0/1), Resistant Touch (7/7) l L1: 5/5, D1: 1/1, L2: 4/4, D2: 1/1, L3: 2/3, D3: 1/1, L4: 2/2, D4: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +4
Skills:
Craft: Musical Instruments +10, Diplomacy +12, Heal +11, Kn. Arcana +5, Kn. History +6, Kn. Planes +8, Kn. Religion +11, Linguistics +5, Sense Motive +11, Spellcraft +5
Female NG Human Cleric (Ecclesitheurge) 7 l Active Conditions:

Sense Motive (DC 20): 1d20 + 11 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 11 - 4 = 9

Nella sighs and actually even rolls her eyes a little bit at the imp. "Yeah, big surprise there. But fine, you've done a good job helping us get around and we still have some loose ends to tie up," she replies as she begins fishing into her pockets for the requisite coin.

Sovereign Court

CG Elf Arcanist 8 | HP: 58/58 | AC: 13 (T: 13, F: 10) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +9 | Perc: +11 | Speed 30 | Arcane Reservoir remaining: 7/11 | Low-light vision | Reroll | Conditions: Sickened

Erlathan grumbles under his breath as he fishes out some gold from a bag. "I guess the alternative would take us twice as long. Here's your coin." He rolls his own eyes as he hands the other half of gold over.

Dark Archive

PFS #76925-14 LN Male Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 6 / HellKnight 2 HP: 82/82| AC: 22/12/21 | Fort: +9| Ref: +5| Will: +5| Init: +1| Perc: +9| CMB: +8 +6 Vs Disarm| CMD: 20 +3 vs Disarm| Ada.H.Flail: +16;1d10+11| Longbow:+9;1d8| Reliable Strike 1/day
Skills:
Acrobatics:+1| Appraise:+2| Bluff:+1| Climb:-2| Diplo:+2| Inti: +9| Kn.(Dun/Eng/Loc/Pla/Reli): +10| Kn.(Noble/His): +3| Linguis:+4| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -4| Survival: +6| Swim: +3|

Sense Motive 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28
Will pay 30 gp.

"A pleasure to be doing business with you. A valet such as you would be useful in other areas I might dare say." the hellknight passes over some coin as he determines the imp's enjoyment.

Grand Lodge

Cirri's Familiar | Spells -/6/3/4 | Arcane Pool 9/10 | Flight Hex minutes 7/9 (Active) | GM Folio Reroll +2 | HP 75/78 | AC 25, T 13, FF 24 | Saves 6/7/7 | CMD 24 (26 vs trip) | Perception +7 | Init +1 | Female Human Magus 9 | Alignment NG |Mirror Image (7 images) 9 minutes | Ward on Ingrge

"Oh. Well, you have been a good job and all." Cirri reaches into her coinpurse to pay up.

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

"Eleusys? No problem. Have you there in a jiffy." Artylget says with confidence, precipitating an argument with Tholvinus about who knows the best shortcuts, potential traffic snarls, and frequent speed traps. Zarta can't resist adding her own two coppers to the heated discussion. Eventually, Artylget presents his fresh contract. "My job, my responsibility. Follow me."

GM Screen:
Knowledge (planes), Zarta's help: 1d20 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 15 + 2 = 22

---

The journey to Eleusys takes two hours, the imps bickering over the route the entire way.

The palace of the Queen of Dis sprawls expansively in the shadow of the Iron Scepter, a haven of darkly beautiful foliage amid iron and flame. Beyond gates of intricately woven branches, floating forested terraces orbit the grounds, sending cataracts of spring water into the tree line below. Groves and structures seem to shift subtly as if the ground were some slumbering behemoth, and smaller infernal beasts prowl the treetop terraces and soaring bridges between wings of the palace.

The plaza before Eleusys brims with petitioners, devils, and visitors to Dis in an orderly queue. Zarta says, "It appears we're not the only petitioners waiting for an audience with Erecura or her handmaidens: the norns Felixia, Rowane, and Selieste."

The creatures waiting in line grumble as a livery-adorned imp with a runed halo ignores them, approaching you newcomers instead.

"Greetings from my mistress, Rowane. She welcomes you to Eleusys and bids you wait here a moment until I return to fetch you."

As the imp flies away, it's accosted by an exquisitely groomed Keleshite man in fine robes and wearing a silver Aspis badge. "I have an urgent matter regarding a contractual error that cannot wait! A devil has stolen my property…"

The imp ignores the man, who grinds his teeth in frustration at the palace gates, crumpling his documents in his fist. "But I've got proof! I can show you!"

Time Elapsed: 25/48

Grand Lodge

Cirri's Familiar | Spells -/6/3/4 | Arcane Pool 9/10 | Flight Hex minutes 7/9 (Active) | GM Folio Reroll +2 | HP 75/78 | AC 25, T 13, FF 24 | Saves 6/7/7 | CMD 24 (26 vs trip) | Perception +7 | Init +1 | Female Human Magus 9 | Alignment NG |Mirror Image (7 images) 9 minutes | Ward on Ingrge

This is a long line... Cirri waits patiently. She grins as the Aspis member fails to skip the line.

"Uh, when did Rowane know we were approaching?"

Silver Crusade

HP: 59/59 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 16 l F +9, R +6, W +11 l Adoration (7/7), Channel Energy (5/5), Clarifying Channel (1/1), Inspired (0/1), Resistant Touch (7/7) l L1: 5/5, D1: 1/1, L2: 4/4, D2: 1/1, L3: 2/3, D3: 1/1, L4: 2/2, D4: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +4
Skills:
Craft: Musical Instruments +10, Diplomacy +12, Heal +11, Kn. Arcana +5, Kn. History +6, Kn. Planes +8, Kn. Religion +11, Linguistics +5, Sense Motive +11, Spellcraft +5
Female NG Human Cleric (Ecclesitheurge) 7 l Active Conditions:

"I'd guess that a lot of the locals have eyes and ears everywhere," Nella replies, also unable to keep from smiling a little at the plight of the frustrated Aspis man. "And since she actually invited us, it sounds like she's got some personal stake in our mission here."

Dark Archive

M Human- Chelaxian LN Inquisitor-8 (Sanctified Slayer of Asmodeus), HP 67, AC 23 (touch 12, ff 21), Init +4. Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +9.

An Aspis Agent...maybe would should just drag him out into the street and throttle him to death.

Alexander eyes the Aspis Agent and studies him for a moment- trying to determine his motivations/intentions.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (19) + 16 = 35

"Perhaps we can motivate this pile of human filth to leave... in consideration of his own best interests."

Alexander approaches the Aspis Agent, with an authoritative air that only a devotee of Asmodeus in Hell can exude.

"Your presence here offends me. As the living vessel of Asmodeus' WILL here in Hell, I suggest you remove yourself from here before I am forced to make your continued presence here (pointing downward) uncomfortable...or worse."

Intimidate: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (12) + 15 = 27

Sovereign Court

CG Elf Arcanist 8 | HP: 58/58 | AC: 13 (T: 13, F: 10) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +9 | Perc: +11 | Speed 30 | Arcane Reservoir remaining: 7/11 | Low-light vision | Reroll | Conditions: Sickened

"Now now, Alexander," Erlathan steps between the Inquisitor and the Aspis' agent, facing Alexander. He whispers, "Why don't we hear about his proof first, and then decide if you need to make his presence a little more uncomfortable?"

He turns the Aspis agent with a grin plastered on his face. "Well? Let's see this proof. Who stole your property? Not that I'm suggesting we'll help you, no, no. Unlikely. But let's see it."

Grand Lodge

Cirri's Familiar | Spells -/6/3/4 | Arcane Pool 9/10 | Flight Hex minutes 7/9 (Active) | GM Folio Reroll +2 | HP 75/78 | AC 25, T 13, FF 24 | Saves 6/7/7 | CMD 24 (26 vs trip) | Perception +7 | Init +1 | Female Human Magus 9 | Alignment NG |Mirror Image (7 images) 9 minutes | Ward on Ingrge

Cirri shirks behind Erlathan as Alexander does what she wishes she could.

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

Zarta hears Cirri's question and Nella's comment. "I thought you might want to meet with Rowane, so I took the liberty of RSVPing before we spoke." She pauses. "Yes, one should assume Dispater's eyes and ears are everywhere in Dis, and comport oneself accordingly."

Alexander takes a moment to observe the Keleshite man in fine robes, wearing a silver Aspis badge. It seems he's been waiting a long time outside the palace to plead his case. The man seems to have noticed, with much aggravation, how you have prearranged access to Rowane.

When Alexander accosts the man, he gasps, nearly dropping his crumbled document.

He raises his arm defensively, in anticipation of the inquisitor striking him. Lower lip trembling, he stutters, "P-Please d-don't hurt me! I-I'm K-Kirash N-Nouri. I n-need to f-file a re-report of a theft with Rowane, a s-servant of the Q-Queen of Dis."

When Erlathan asks to see his proof, Kirash Nouri looks suspicious. "Why d-do you c-care? What b-business is it of y-yours?"

You can attempt a Diplomacy or Profession (barrister) check to convince him to tell you more, based on your helpful intentions or expertise.

Dark Archive

PFS #76925-14 LN Male Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 6 / HellKnight 2 HP: 82/82| AC: 22/12/21 | Fort: +9| Ref: +5| Will: +5| Init: +1| Perc: +9| CMB: +8 +6 Vs Disarm| CMD: 20 +3 vs Disarm| Ada.H.Flail: +16;1d10+11| Longbow:+9;1d8| Reliable Strike 1/day
Skills:
Acrobatics:+1| Appraise:+2| Bluff:+1| Climb:-2| Diplo:+2| Inti: +9| Kn.(Dun/Eng/Loc/Pla/Reli): +10| Kn.(Noble/His): +3| Linguis:+4| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -4| Survival: +6| Swim: +3|

Alden watches understanding at least that his intrusion might make it far more worse if they were trying to wrangle fresh information from this man.

He had nothing against the Aspis. They were all around a well organised and lawful group of merchants except for a few blackhearts but those were spending some time pushing daises or some form of it.

Silver Crusade

HP: 59/59 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 16 l F +9, R +6, W +11 l Adoration (7/7), Channel Energy (5/5), Clarifying Channel (1/1), Inspired (0/1), Resistant Touch (7/7) l L1: 5/5, D1: 1/1, L2: 4/4, D2: 1/1, L3: 2/3, D3: 1/1, L4: 2/2, D4: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +4
Skills:
Craft: Musical Instruments +10, Diplomacy +12, Heal +11, Kn. Arcana +5, Kn. History +6, Kn. Planes +8, Kn. Religion +11, Linguistics +5, Sense Motive +11, Spellcraft +5
Female NG Human Cleric (Ecclesitheurge) 7 l Active Conditions:

Although Nella looks a little puzzled as to why Alexander and Erlathan are directly engaging the Aspis agent she decides that now might be a good time to step in and smooth things over a bit.

"What, one person can't decide to try and help another out of the goodness of their heart just because they're all in Hell?" she smiles. "Since we've already prearranged a meeting with Rowane we could probably get her to consider your case while we're there and save you some time."

She shrugs. "But it's up to you, of course. If it's a really sensitive matter then I guess I can't really blame you for not wanting to trust it to just anyone. My, uh, companion here does tend to come off pretty strong sometimes," Nella glances at Alexander, "but that's just how he is."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 12 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 12 - 4 = 25

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

One wary eye on the intimidating inquisitor, Kirash Nouri still looks unconvinced.

[Anyone else interested in helping Nella persuade the Keleshite to cooperate with a Diplomacy or Profession (barrister) check?]


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Spells -/6 | Greater Invisibility 3/3 (Active, 0/3 rounds)| Alignment CG HP 39/39 | AC 24 (T 17 FF 20) | Saves 6/8/7 | Perception +11 | Init +3 | Riddywhipple, Faerie Dragon familiar (Master) |

Diplomacy(Aid), CG: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 7 - 4 = 21

"You know what say- I scratch your back, you scratch mine. Or was it an eye for an eye? I like the backscratching one more." Riddywhipple returns with his coat and hat. "You wish to speak to Rowane sometime this century, we can arrange that. But what can you offer us?"

Sovereign Court

CG Elf Arcanist 8 | HP: 58/58 | AC: 13 (T: 13, F: 10) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +9 | Perc: +11 | Speed 30 | Arcane Reservoir remaining: 7/11 | Low-light vision | Reroll | Conditions: Sickened

"I mean, I would have done the talking, but my lawyer here is very capable," Erlathan smiles, nudging Nella.

Diplomacy (Aid), Planar, Infernal: 1d20 + 1 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 1 - 4 + 2 = 1

Grand Lodge

Cirri's Familiar | Spells -/6/3/4 | Arcane Pool 9/10 | Flight Hex minutes 7/9 (Active) | GM Folio Reroll +2 | HP 75/78 | AC 25, T 13, FF 24 | Saves 6/7/7 | CMD 24 (26 vs trip) | Perception +7 | Init +1 | Female Human Magus 9 | Alignment NG |Mirror Image (7 images) 9 minutes | Ward on Ingrge

"Um... yeah?" Cirri peeks her head from Nella's side and tries to calm things down.

Diplomacy, NG(Aid): 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 3 - 4 = 17

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

Assured of the team's intentions by Nella, Cirri, and Riddywhipple, Kirash Nouri hands over the documents, somewhat crumpled and damp from his sweaty palms.

"I've been waiting outside the palace to plead my case. I exchanged property of Leventi’s choosing for a wish that gained me silver agent status with the Aspis Consortium. I realized too late that the devil wanted my slave apprentice, Narsino."

"Unknown to Leventi, I'd already submitted the paperwork to free Narsino after growing fond of him. Thus, Narsino’s pending status was as a free person, not Kirash’s property, which greatly complicates Leventi’s claim. I hope to prove Narsino’s seizure was theft before my apprentice dies in Hell."

"With your access to Rowane, maybe you could help me? This documentation proves Leventi’s error. Take a look for yourself."

[To study the contracts, you may attempt a Linguistics or Profession (barrister or merchant) check.]

Sovereign Court

CG Elf Arcanist 8 | HP: 58/58 | AC: 13 (T: 13, F: 10) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +9 | Perc: +11 | Speed 30 | Arcane Reservoir remaining: 7/11 | Low-light vision | Reroll | Conditions: Sickened

"Oh, allow me!" Much more skilled at reading strange documents than he was at convincing people, Erlathan nabs and scans the contracts carefully.

Take 10 Linguistics for 23

Grand Lodge

Cirri's Familiar | Spells -/6/3/4 | Arcane Pool 9/10 | Flight Hex minutes 7/9 (Active) | GM Folio Reroll +2 | HP 75/78 | AC 25, T 13, FF 24 | Saves 6/7/7 | CMD 24 (26 vs trip) | Perception +7 | Init +1 | Female Human Magus 9 | Alignment NG |Mirror Image (7 images) 9 minutes | Ward on Ingrge

"I'll take a look once you're done, Erlathan." See Cirri? It never hurts to help. Even for stinky Aspis agents.

Linguistics: 1d20 + 9 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 9 - 4 = 10

"Hmm. RIddy, a little help here?"


Spells -/6 | Greater Invisibility 3/3 (Active, 0/3 rounds)| Alignment CG HP 39/39 | AC 24 (T 17 FF 20) | Saves 6/8/7 | Perception +11 | Init +3 | Riddywhipple, Faerie Dragon familiar (Master) |

Linguistics(Aid): 1d20 + 10 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 10 - 4 = 19

"Well, let's see here..." Riddywhipple pulls out a pair of glasses. "Okay then, check this line out. And over here."

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

With Cirri and Riddywhipple reading over his shoulder, Erlathan confirms Leventi’s error and recognizes that a typical infernal court would rule in Kirash’s favor. This can help his case, though he still stands little chance of defying Leventi without the intercession of a higher authority.

The information that the team learns from these documents, though, helps their own case.

Evidence Tally: 4

Grand Lodge

Cirri's Familiar | Spells -/6/3/4 | Arcane Pool 9/10 | Flight Hex minutes 7/9 (Active) | GM Folio Reroll +2 | HP 75/78 | AC 25, T 13, FF 24 | Saves 6/7/7 | CMD 24 (26 vs trip) | Perception +7 | Init +1 | Female Human Magus 9 | Alignment NG |Mirror Image (7 images) 9 minutes | Ward on Ingrge

"Well, that's a bonafide mistake." Cirri can barely keep up with her allies here. But it feel good to have more information to rub into his face.

Also, watching this Aspis guy fret. "Hmm, you will need a higher authority to step in and override his decision, though..."

Silver Crusade

HP: 59/59 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 16 l F +9, R +6, W +11 l Adoration (7/7), Channel Energy (5/5), Clarifying Channel (1/1), Inspired (0/1), Resistant Touch (7/7) l L1: 5/5, D1: 1/1, L2: 4/4, D2: 1/1, L3: 2/3, D3: 1/1, L4: 2/2, D4: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +4
Skills:
Craft: Musical Instruments +10, Diplomacy +12, Heal +11, Kn. Arcana +5, Kn. History +6, Kn. Planes +8, Kn. Religion +11, Linguistics +5, Sense Motive +11, Spellcraft +5
Female NG Human Cleric (Ecclesitheurge) 7 l Active Conditions:

"Maybe we'll be able to convince Rowane to do just that," Nella points out. "Unless you mean it'd still take someone even higher up than Rowane, Erlathan? But even if that's the case maybe she'll be willing to direct us to someone who can."

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

A few minutes after you finish interacting with Kirash, the imp returns and escorts you to the norn Rowane. Artylyget and Tholvinus preen and gain a jaunty step in their stride, enjoying their vicarious status as honored guests of a senior handmaiden of the Queen of Dis.

Wide corridors through darkly beautiful foliage wander far enough from the iron streets of the city to be insulated from the omnipresent noise and heat. The journey concludes at a three-tiered gallery displaying armor, weapons, relics, and framed woven swatches, all built around a wide-branched blackwood tree with leaves of gold. A black-haired woman standing 14 feet in height looks away from a skein of thread and rises in greeting, gesturing toward seats around an intricately carved oaken table.

"Welcome to Eleusys, travelers. Take respite and refreshment as guests in the home of my queen, Erecura. I, Rowane, greet you in her name."

The norn asks each Pathfinder’s name in turn and offers food and drink.

"My queen knows of your investigation and wishes to take up the matter. Leventi made certain promises in Hell’s name, the details known to him alone. She asks that you retrieve his personal records—should your investigation prove successful—so that she can see his obligations fulfilled and no one else suffers for his alleged mistakes."

DC33 Knowledge (nobility) or Sense Motive:
Rowane’s goals are not as straightforward as she portrays them. You recognize that by ensuring Hell meets its obligations, Dispater avoids embarrassment, Erecura would strengthen her own reputation in Dis, and the infernal duke responsible for Leventi would suffer a setback.

Grand Lodge

Cirri's Familiar | Spells -/6/3/4 | Arcane Pool 9/10 | Flight Hex minutes 7/9 (Active) | GM Folio Reroll +2 | HP 75/78 | AC 25, T 13, FF 24 | Saves 6/7/7 | CMD 24 (26 vs trip) | Perception +7 | Init +1 | Female Human Magus 9 | Alignment NG |Mirror Image (7 images) 9 minutes | Ward on Ingrge

Wow! Cirri scribbles drawings of every single item in the gallery. Infernal or not, this is too good of an opportunity to pass up.

Cirri also makes a rough sketch of Rowane. It's not every day you get to meet someone this high ranking who isn't trying to frighten you.

"Uh... yeah. We have to prove he messed up, right?" She chuckles to no one in particular.

Dark Archive

PFS #76925-14 LN Male Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 6 / HellKnight 2 HP: 82/82| AC: 22/12/21 | Fort: +9| Ref: +5| Will: +5| Init: +1| Perc: +9| CMB: +8 +6 Vs Disarm| CMD: 20 +3 vs Disarm| Ada.H.Flail: +16;1d10+11| Longbow:+9;1d8| Reliable Strike 1/day
Skills:
Acrobatics:+1| Appraise:+2| Bluff:+1| Climb:-2| Diplo:+2| Inti: +9| Kn.(Dun/Eng/Loc/Pla/Reli): +10| Kn.(Noble/His): +3| Linguis:+4| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -4| Survival: +6| Swim: +3|

Sense Motive 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

Being in the home of a greater devil and one that has had requested their presence, Alden returns the greeting.
"I am Alden Darkcrown, myself and my companions have arrived at your behest."

Upon hearing her intentions, he laughs as he sees that once more Hell has not disappointed him.
"I see that this particular's devil deeds did not go unnoticed and since our goals aligned, we should have no objections to doing what you have requested. What's more it can only be more evidence against his many mistakes and willful persistence in making them. We already have uncovered evidence that points to that and are in the midst of our investigation to uncover more."

Silver Crusade

HP: 59/59 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 16 l F +9, R +6, W +11 l Adoration (7/7), Channel Energy (5/5), Clarifying Channel (1/1), Inspired (0/1), Resistant Touch (7/7) l L1: 5/5, D1: 1/1, L2: 4/4, D2: 1/1, L3: 2/3, D3: 1/1, L4: 2/2, D4: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +4
Skills:
Craft: Musical Instruments +10, Diplomacy +12, Heal +11, Kn. Arcana +5, Kn. History +6, Kn. Planes +8, Kn. Religion +11, Linguistics +5, Sense Motive +11, Spellcraft +5
Female NG Human Cleric (Ecclesitheurge) 7 l Active Conditions:

"Ah...greetings, Rowane," Nella replies with genuine politeness as she tries not to stare too hard at their hostess.

So pretty. I guess beauty can exist anywhere, even in Hell. It's...easy to forget that.

"I'm Nella Tabor of Magnimar. And your queen has done her due diligence. Like Alden says, we've already uncovered quite a bit of evidence against Leventi and his shoddy dealings but every little bit we can uncover can only help our case against him. Because it seems he's made a lot of mistakes...and some mistakes that weren't actually mistakes, if you catch my meaning."

Here, she gestures toward Erlathan. "Speaking of mistakes, um, there's another matter we'd like to bring to your attention - it actually concerns Leventi and a contract with one Kirash Nouri."

Aspis or not, Kirash wanted to do the right thing and set Narsino free. We owe it both of them to try and fix things.

Dark Archive

M Human- Chelaxian LN Inquisitor-8 (Sanctified Slayer of Asmodeus), HP 67, AC 23 (touch 12, ff 21), Init +4. Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +9.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (5) + 16 = 21

"Greetings..."

In a neutral tone, "I am Alexander Divyr Incostas, Servant of Asmodeus."

Acknowledging Nella and Alden's previous remarks, "My companions have accurately stated our collective position. I am sure you honor Hell's contracts... any less would be... problematic."

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

"Who is this Kirash Nouri, and how is he involved with Leventi?"

The beautiful norn towers over you, fingers steepled, considering what you've said.

"Please tell me what you've learned so far in your investigation, what evidence you've collected."

Grand Lodge

Cirri's Familiar | Spells -/6/3/4 | Arcane Pool 9/10 | Flight Hex minutes 7/9 (Active) | GM Folio Reroll +2 | HP 75/78 | AC 25, T 13, FF 24 | Saves 6/7/7 | CMD 24 (26 vs trip) | Perception +7 | Init +1 | Female Human Magus 9 | Alignment NG |Mirror Image (7 images) 9 minutes | Ward on Ingrge

Ah, reading evidence. This I can do.

"Well, Kirash Nouri made a deal with Leventi. A wish in exchange for Nouri's property. Leventi chose one of his slaves, but Nouri already chose to free him. So he's not property- he's not anyone's property." Cirri smiles at Nella. Aspis blinded me. I would have let Narsino rot forever just so I could get the last laugh. "So Narsino is not anyone's property to trade around and Leventi made a bogus deal."

"We also met the f- er, erinyes Arenthea. She's good at, um, acquiring relics and heirlooms without following the law." Did I just rat the fox lady out? "Leventi has been one of her biggest clients, grabbing various Thrune relics for him. So, he's also a thief."

"We found several Hellknights who are willing to testify against Leventi. Their supervisor sold their souls to Leventi- no, that's not right. The supervisor sold his soul, and then cowarded out and altered the contract to sell his subordinates instead. Leventi revised an Infernal contract- that's a big no no."

"Leventi possesses the soul of Gellius Thrune. And Gellius's imp, Tholvinus. Tholvinus is still bound to Leventi, but Gellius managed to escape through the Hellmouth, I think? Tholvinus said he would testify if given the chance."

"I think that's what we have found, so far." She turns to her teammates. "Did I miss anything?"

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

"Preach, sister!" Tholvinus pumps his fist at Cirri's succinct defense.

Having seen and heard the results of your investigation so far, Rowane nods. "Very impressive. My mistress and I would like to learn more. Would you agree to be my agents in this endeavor?"

"Working on our behalf, we can offer you some protection during your investigation." In her hand, she holds a half dozen badge-like pins.

Sovereign Court

CG Elf Arcanist 8 | HP: 58/58 | AC: 13 (T: 13, F: 10) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +9 | Perc: +11 | Speed 30 | Arcane Reservoir remaining: 7/11 | Low-light vision | Reroll | Conditions: Sickened

Erlathan also can't make that earlier Kn (Nobility) roll

Erlathan is about to speak up at Nella's behest, but Cirri had done such a great job explaining it already. Instead, he examines the pins, searching for magical auras. "Cirri, perhaps you might be Nella's legal assistant. It seems like I will never have to be getting into trouble with the law with friends like you!" He laughs.

Spellcraft on pins?: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (15) + 18 = 33

301 to 350 of 608 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Lorenzo's #10-08: What Prestige is Worth (Tiers 7-11) - OUTPOST II All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.