GM Lorenzo's #10-08: What Prestige is Worth - OUTPOST II (Inactive)

Game Master Lawrence Smith 2

Maps, Handouts, and More!


451 to 500 of 608 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

M Human- Chelaxian LN Inquisitor-8 (Sanctified Slayer of Asmodeus), HP 67, AC 23 (touch 12, ff 21), Init +4. Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +9.

"Don't breath the fumes!"

Perception: 1d20 + 12 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 12 - 2 = 30

Fortitude Save: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 9 - 2 = 8 -1 Con (13)

Alexander drinks his vial of antitoxin.

Fortitude Save: 1d20 + 8 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 8 + 5 - 2 = 12 -1 Con (12)
Fortitude Save: 1d20 + 8 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 8 + 5 - 2 = 13 -1 Con (11)
Fortitude Save: 1d20 + 8 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 8 + 5 - 2 = 24
Fortitude Save: 1d20 + 7 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 5 - 2 = 16 -1 Con (10)
Fortitude Save: 1d20 + 7 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 7 + 5 - 2 = 29

Con is 10.

"Hey look over here! GASP!"

Alexander point to the panel and directs his companions to trunk and its contents.

Grand Lodge

Ifirit Unchained Barbarian 3/ Fighter 2/Techslinger 1/ Horizon Walker 4: HP 101/101 AC21 FF18 T13 Int +9 (+4 in Urban/Desert +2 in )Fort 15 Reflex 9 Will 3/ FireR 10/ Aligned CG

Huh?
Fort: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (16) + 15 = 31

He sniffs the air.

Smell funny.

As Alexander reveals the hidden items, he smiles.

Preeeetty.

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

Cirri's the first member of the team to emerge from the portal. After inhaling some of the burnt othur, she casts gust of wind to push the fumes to the farthest reaches of the storage room, at least for a few minutes..

She suffers the worst of the toxic burnt othur, but her quick action spares the rest of team as they emerge one by one behind her.

Alexander and Obtrivi discover the hidden panel and several interesting items among Leventi's traveling kit.

Having stuffed her handy haversack with the 19 volumes of Chelaxian history, Zarta announces, "Grab what you can, and let's get out of here, before Cirri's gust of wind expires."

As she enters the portal, she calls back, "If you haven't yet done so, some of you casters might want to see if any of those items are magical."

Cirri was the only one affected by the burnt othur fumes. DC12 Will Saves from everybody, please, as you head back though the portal to the entry chamber.

Silver Crusade

HP: 35/59 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 16 l F +9, R +6, W +11 l Adoration (7/7), Channel Energy (4/5), Clarifying Channel (1/1), Inspired (0/1), Resistant Touch (7/7) l L1: 4/5, D1: 1/1, L2: 2/4, D2: 1/1, L3: 2/3, D3: 1/1, L4: 2/2, D4: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +4
Skills:
Craft: Musical Instruments +10, Diplomacy +12, Heal +11, Kn. Arcana +5, Kn. History +6, Kn. Planes +8, Kn. Religion +11, Linguistics +5, Sense Motive +11, Spellcraft +5
Female NG Human Cleric (Ecclesitheurge) 7 l Active Conditions:

Nella blinks as she realizes that the poisonous gas was all a dream - well, for her and everyone besides Cirri. She quickly takes the scroll that Cirri offers and casts it on her fellow teammate.

Cirri's Lesser Restoration Scroll: 1d4 ⇒ 4

"There you go. Is that better? You look like you mostly feel better," Nella asks anxiously. "If there's any lingering damage that's been done I won't be able to help mend it until after I've had a rest and prepared the proper spell. But once we get out of here I promise I'll help you take care of it!"

Once the others have managed to grab what they can, Nella is all too happy to step back through the scroll...

Will (DC 12): 1d20 + 11 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 11 - 4 = 14

And once everyone is safely back at the entrance, Nella nods and begins scanning the items that Alexander and Obtrivi managed to recover.

Dark Archive

PFS #76925-14 LN Male Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 6 / HellKnight 2 HP: 82/82| AC: 22/12/21 | Fort: +9| Ref: +5| Will: +5| Init: +1| Perc: +9| CMB: +8 +6 Vs Disarm| CMD: 20 +3 vs Disarm| Ada.H.Flail: +16;1d10+11| Longbow:+9;1d8| Reliable Strike 1/day
Skills:
Acrobatics:+1| Appraise:+2| Bluff:+1| Climb:-2| Diplo:+2| Inti: +9| Kn.(Dun/Eng/Loc/Pla/Reli): +10| Kn.(Noble/His): +3| Linguis:+4| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -4| Survival: +6| Swim: +3|

Will Save 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

"His crucible and we are forged in the flames of hell to be of use to him. All in his service." Alden remarks back to Alexander in Infernal as well.

Patting Cirri on the back as he realizes the danger averted by her quick actions.
"Excellent work and thanks to you, we don't have to suffer the fumes. I would see to your hurts if possible after we are done here. I'll gladly pay for that sum required."

He takes the items from the hidden compartment.
"Evidence we can use and let others more learned identify their uses."

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

DC12 Will Saves:

planar penalty, Cirri Will DC12: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 7 - 4 = 7
planar penalty, Riddywhipple Will DC12: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 7 - 4 = 16
planar penalty, Alexander Will DC12: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 9 - 2 = 27
planar penalty, Erlathan Will DC12: 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 8 - 4 = 17
planar penalty, Obtrivi Will DC12: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 3 - 4 = 7

Everyone returns through the portal from the archives to the entry hall. This time, Alden, Alexander, Erlathan, Nella and Riddywhipple collect no new infernal tattooed runes along the way; Cirri and Obtrivi aren't as lucky. Only Alexander and Nella remain unmarked.

The Tattooed:
Alden - 1
Cirri - 3
Erlathan - 1
Obtrivi - 4
Riddywhipple - 3

Assembled in the entry once again, Nella uses Cirri's scroll to restore the damage to her constitution, though only stronger magic--and some diamond dust--will restore the drain from the burnt othur fumes.

Then the cleric determines the compass and timepiece discovered in the archives are magical.

Detect magic and Spellcraft DC18 re Compass:

Detect magic and Spellcraft DC20 re Timepiece:

Zarta grasps Cirri's arm. "That was quick thinking and clever action, Cirri, using your spell to prevent the team from being decimated by the noxious fumes. Well done."

The venture-captain looks over the party. "Are we ready to enter Leventi's Thrune museum?"

Vetrivides fiddles with the hourglass-like device, satisfied that you're making progress, but impatient with your pace.

Yup, need another DC12 Will Save when you pass through the portal from the entry to the Thrune Museum.

Sovereign Court

CG Elf Arcanist 8 | HP: 58/58 | AC: 13 (T: 13, F: 10) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +9 | Perc: +11 | Speed 30 | Arcane Reservoir remaining: 7/11 | Low-light vision | Reroll | Conditions: Sickened

Will Save: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

Spellcraft DC 18, Compass: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (12) + 16 = 28
Spellcraft DC 20, Timepiece: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (12) + 16 = 28

Erlathan watches more runes become inked onto his skin. "Gah! Not again! These relics are magically delicious, though. One is a featherlight compass, and the other a homebound timepiece."

Grand Lodge

Cirri's Familiar | Spells -/6/3/3 | Arcane Pool 7/10 (Active) | Flight Hex minutes 7/9 | GM Folio Reroll +2 | +2 Flaming Quarterstaff HP 63/78 | AC 24, T 15, FF 23 | Saves 6/7/7 | CMD 24 (26 vs trip) | Perception +7 | Init +1 | Female Human Magus 9 | Alignment NG |Mirror Image (2 images) 9 minutes | Ward on Ingrge

"Thanks, Nella." Cirri coughs as the scroll burns up in front of her. "Looks like everyone else is alright." She pets Riddywhipple.

"Man, I'm covered in ink."
Cirri's Will Save: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 7 - 4 = 22
Riddywhipple's Will Save: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 7 - 4 = 15

Dark Archive

PFS #76925-14 LN Male Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 6 / HellKnight 2 HP: 82/82| AC: 22/12/21 | Fort: +9| Ref: +5| Will: +5| Init: +1| Perc: +9| CMB: +8 +6 Vs Disarm| CMD: 20 +3 vs Disarm| Ada.H.Flail: +16;1d10+11| Longbow:+9;1d8| Reliable Strike 1/day
Skills:
Acrobatics:+1| Appraise:+2| Bluff:+1| Climb:-2| Diplo:+2| Inti: +9| Kn.(Dun/Eng/Loc/Pla/Reli): +10| Kn.(Noble/His): +3| Linguis:+4| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -4| Survival: +6| Swim: +3|

Will save 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

"We can take out your frustrations on Leventi." Alden consoles Cirri.

Dark Archive

M Human- Chelaxian LN Inquisitor-8 (Sanctified Slayer of Asmodeus), HP 67, AC 23 (touch 12, ff 21), Init +4. Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +9.

Will Save: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 9 - 2 = 19

"I am ready to bring some justice against this creature. Leventi will feel Asmodeus' wrath."

Silver Crusade

HP: 35/59 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 16 l F +9, R +6, W +11 l Adoration (7/7), Channel Energy (4/5), Clarifying Channel (1/1), Inspired (0/1), Resistant Touch (7/7) l L1: 4/5, D1: 1/1, L2: 2/4, D2: 1/1, L3: 2/3, D3: 1/1, L4: 2/2, D4: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +4
Skills:
Craft: Musical Instruments +10, Diplomacy +12, Heal +11, Kn. Arcana +5, Kn. History +6, Kn. Planes +8, Kn. Religion +11, Linguistics +5, Sense Motive +11, Spellcraft +5
Female NG Human Cleric (Ecclesitheurge) 7 l Active Conditions:

"So...a fancy timepiece and a magical compass? I guess Leventi would be using the timepiece to maybe keep track of time on the Material Plane as part of his schemes," Nella muses. "But the compass is an odd sort of thing to just have sitting around, isn't it? Maybe someone should hang on to it."

Once everyone seems agreed to press forward she takes a deep breath and nods. "There could be more beyond the museum but we're running out of places that Leventi could be. We should be ready for anything. Cirri, that scroll of Mass Bear's Endurance, how long does it last? It might not be a bad idea to cast it now or at least be ready to."

Either way, once everyone is ready, Nella dutifully follows her companions through the next scroll...

Will (DC 12): 1d20 + 11 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 11 - 4 = 22

Grand Lodge

Cirri's Familiar | Spells -/6/3/3 | Arcane Pool 7/10 (Active) | Flight Hex minutes 7/9 | GM Folio Reroll +2 | +2 Flaming Quarterstaff HP 63/78 | AC 24, T 15, FF 23 | Saves 6/7/7 | CMD 24 (26 vs trip) | Perception +7 | Init +1 | Female Human Magus 9 | Alignment NG |Mirror Image (2 images) 9 minutes | Ward on Ingrge

"Mass Bear's Endurance? Should last for... 11 minutes, I think."

Caster Level check, DC 11: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

Cirri pulls out the scroll, draws forth its arcane energy, and empowers everyone. The scroll turns to ash in her hands.
+4 Enchantment bonus to Con for the next 11 minutes.

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

Erlathan identifies the two magical items you found among Leventi's traveling items: a featherlight compass and a homebound timepiece.

Then Nella proposes activating the scroll of mass bear's endurance. Cirri makes doing so look easy.

Conditions: Mass Bear's Endurance - +4 enhancement bonus to Con for the next 11 minutes.

DC12 Will Saves:
planar penalty, Obtrivi Will DC12: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 3 - 4 = 17

Everyone enters the sin scroll portal at the north end of the entry hall. The team files out the other side, and this time, only Erlathan suffers from the clinging rune tattoos.

The Tattooed:
Alden - 1
Cirri - 3
Erlathan - 2
Obtrivi - 4
Riddywhipple - 3

Another post follows...

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

Conditions: Mass Bear's Endurance - +4 enhancement bonus to Con for the next 11 minutes.

Leventi's Thrune Museum is an opulent gallery with a 40-foot vaulted ceiling hosting an esoteric collection of relics, dioramas, and portraits. The prow of a frigate juts from the north wall, a seared section of bridge sits in the southwest, and unmoving figures play out a diabolic sacrifice beneath a twisted tree in the northeast. Along a reproduced battlement to the northwest, a desperate battle between human combatants is frozen in time.

Zarta beholds the chamber's treasures and informs you, "This gallery must have been acquired from a fallen Wiscrani house. It boasts a fragment from the Arch of Aroden burnt with hellfire when the devil Baraxiel dragged the paladin Rius Galdaeon to Hell outside Corentyn; illusory figures fighting on a Corentyn battlement during Davian’s last surge during the Battle of One Hundred Kings in 4639 AR; the prow from the Sargavan frigate Dauntless that sank in that same battle; a ritual scene reenacting Abrogail I’s sale of her soul to Asmodeus in Winter Grove, and a copy of the contract’s two-page preamble in a glass display case. The portraits likely depict Thrune agents whose souls Leventi acquired."

Perception:

planar penalty, Alden: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 9 - 2 = 11
planar penalty, Erlathan: 1d20 + 9 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 9 - 4 = 16
planar penalty, Nella: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 - 4 = 2
planar penalty, Obtrivi: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 7 - 4 = 5
planar penalty, Cirri: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 7 - 4 = 4
planar penalty, Riddywhipple: 1d20 + 11 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 11 - 4 = 27
planar penalty, Alexander: 1d20 + 12 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 12 - 2 = 13

As you investigate the room, Riddywhipple suddenly cocks one ear and looks to the northwest, displaying an expression of dread.

Riddywhipple:
Spiritual fragments in trophies from the Battle of One Hundred Kings respond to Zarta’s presence and recreate the chaos and panic of the battle’s final moments. You hear distant warning shouts, you see the figures to the northwest slowly moving, and you feel a growing sense of dread. You may attempt a DC21 Knowledge (religion) check.

Dark Archive

M Human- Chelaxian LN Inquisitor-8 (Sanctified Slayer of Asmodeus), HP 67, AC 23 (touch 12, ff 21), Init +4. Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +9.

Before entering and after Cirri's casting of Bear's Endurance, Alexander will cast Ward of the Faithful upon himself- all worshipers of Asmodeus receive +2 deflection bonus to AC and +2 Resistance bonus on all Saves.

"Embrace the Dark Lord and know his protection... all are welcomed in his hollowed halls."

If anyone wants to covert... they will gain the protection. <evil grin>

Dark Archive

PFS #76925-14 LN Male Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 6 / HellKnight 2 HP: 82/82| AC: 22/12/21 | Fort: +9| Ref: +5| Will: +5| Init: +1| Perc: +9| CMB: +8 +6 Vs Disarm| CMD: 20 +3 vs Disarm| Ada.H.Flail: +16;1d10+11| Longbow:+9;1d8| Reliable Strike 1/day
Skills:
Acrobatics:+1| Appraise:+2| Bluff:+1| Climb:-2| Diplo:+2| Inti: +9| Kn.(Dun/Eng/Loc/Pla/Reli): +10| Kn.(Noble/His): +3| Linguis:+4| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -4| Survival: +6| Swim: +3|

Snicker. I have only seen that spell used in just one other game. This is the second I've seen it.

Alden doesn't notice anything else but Riddywhipple's expression. His hands grips his chosen weapon...
"What manner of creature have you've spotted?"


Spells -/4 | Greater Invisibility 2/3 | Alignment CG HP 39/39 | AC 24 (T 17 FF 20) | Saves 6/8/7 | Perception +11 | Init +3 | Riddywhipple, Faerie Dragon familiar (Master) |

Alas, I do not have that skill.

RIddywhipple scratches his own back. Doesn't feel as good as the tattoos, but the scrolls are apparently bad for him. Fine.

Zarta rambles on about the history of Thrune or something when he hears something frightening. "D-do you hear that? To the northwest- something's moving!" He gives Zarta a worried look. "Your presence triggered... something around this battleground."

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

The illusory army assaulting the battlements to the northwest increases in size, filling most of the room. A moment later, a large fiend manifests in a pillar of flame amid them, sowing terror. A pair of gigantic, flame-seared wings and eyes smoldering like embers give this towering devil a truly horrific appearance.

Will DC18:

planar penalty, Alden Will DC18: 1d20 + 7 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 7 - 2 + 2 = 23
planar penalty, Alexander Will DC18: 1d20 + 9 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 9 - 2 + 2 = 10
planar penalty, Cirri Will DC18: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 7 - 4 = 20
planar penalty, Erlathan Will DC18: 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 8 - 4 = 9
planar penalty, Nella Will DC18: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 7 - 4 = 11
planar penalty, Obtrivi Will DC18: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 3 - 4 = 16
planar penalty, Riddywhipple Will DC18: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 7 - 4 = 21

Alden, Cirri, Riddywhipple, and Zarta are shaken by the horrible fiend's terrifying presence. Worse, everyone else is panicked.

GM Screen:
2d4 ⇒ (1, 2) = 3

"Behold me and despair, Lannavia Davian!" the fiend roars at Zarta Dralneen in a booming taunt. "I am Gorthoklek, and it will be my deep pleasure to end the life of the last matriach of House Davian today!"

Knowledge (planes) DC30:
It's a pit fiend, a large outsider with the devil, evil, extraplanar, and lawful subtypes. For every 5 you exceed the DC, you may ask one question from this list.

Initiative:

Alden: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Erlathan: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
Nella: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Obtrivi: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
Cirri: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Riddywhipple: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Alexander: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Alexander, Erlathan, Obtrivi, and Nella drop anything they were holding and flee at top speed from the source of their fear, as well as any other dangers they encounter, along a random path. Unable to escape, they cower against the walls of Leventi's Thrune museum.

Shaken and puzzled by the fiend's mistaking her identity, Zarta begins a bardic performance, inspiring the team with her 'Uptown Funk' dance. "Uptown Funk gon' give it to you real good!"

The large fiend bellows a challenge, spreads its bat-like wings and flies toward Cirri, attacking the magus with one massive claw, 10 feet in the air. When he fails to lay a finger on his intended prey, the look of disbelief on his face would be comical, were it not for the way his countenance betrays his consuming rage. Cirri realizes her luck won't last long.
Claw: 1d20 + 32 ⇒ (1) + 32 = 33

Map & Images

Conditions:
Inspire Courage - +3 competence bonus to attack and damage rolls and a +3 morale bonus to saves vs fear and charm effects.

Round 1
Bold
may act.

Alexander (panicked)
Erlathan (panicked)
Obtrivi (panicked)
Nella (panicked)
Zarta (shaken)
---
Fiend
---
Riddywhipple (shaken)
Cirri (shaken)
Alden (shaken)

Cirri, Riddywhipple, and Alden, you're up!

Dark Archive

M Human- Chelaxian LN Inquisitor-8 (Sanctified Slayer of Asmodeus), HP 67, AC 23 (touch 12, ff 21), Init +4. Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +9.

GM- knowing that Alexander rolled a (1)- I will use my awesome re-roll! +3 GM stars!

Grand Lodge

Cirri's Familiar | Spells -/6/3/3 | Arcane Pool 7/10 (Active) | Flight Hex minutes 7/9 | GM Folio Reroll +2 | +2 Flaming Quarterstaff HP 63/78 | AC 24, T 15, FF 23 | Saves 6/7/7 | CMD 24 (26 vs trip) | Perception +7 | Init +1 | Female Human Magus 9 | Alignment NG |Mirror Image (2 images) 9 minutes | Ward on Ingrge

K Planes: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (1) + 17 = 18
"Um... huh?" Cirri doesn't know what it is. A massive claw manages not to shred her.

Cirri tries to cast Mirror Image to stall for time.

Cast Defensively, DC 19: 1d20 + 9 + 5 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 9 + 5 + 4 - 2 = 32
Then, she enchants her quarterstaff to protect herself and takes a defensive swipe.
I'm spending an arcane pool point to make my staff a +4 weapon.

Quarterstaff +4, Combat Expertise, Spell Combat: 1d20 + 12 + 3 - 1 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 12 + 3 - 1 - 2 = 29
1H Damage: 1d6 + 4 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 1 + 3 = 10

1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 images appear around her. With her friends cowering behind her, Cirri decides to hold her ground.

With my Staff shield and Combat Expertise bonuses, my AC is 26. Uhh... get over your panic soon, guys!

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

Re-roll Alexander Will DC18, 3 GM Stars, planar penalty: 1d20 + 9 - 2 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 9 - 2 + 2 + 3 = 23
Alexander suppresses his panic, but is left shaken by the fiend's overwhelming presence.

Cirri tries to identify exactly what kind of powerful fiend you're facing, but it's beyond her ability to recall. She casts a spell, conjuring a handful of images to make her a difficult target. Then she enhances the enchantment of her staff, and swings the weapon at the devil flying above her.
(Cirri, do you have 10ft reach?)

Finally, she adopts a defensive posture. Not that it will do the magus much good against this fearsome devil...

Map & Images

Conditions:
Inspire Courage - +3 competence bonus to attack and damage rolls and a +3 morale bonus to saves vs fear and charm effects.

Round 1
Bold
may act.

Erlathan (panicked)
Obtrivi (panicked)
Nella (panicked)
Zarta (shaken)
---
Fiend (?)
---
Riddywhipple (shaken)
Cirri (shaken)
Alexander (shaken)
Alden (shaken)

Alexander, Riddywhipple, and Alden, you're up! (Alexander, I've repositioned you back where you started; for simplicity's sake, we'll consider you to have delayed until after the fiend and Cirri acted.)

Dark Archive

M Human- Chelaxian LN Inquisitor-8 (Sanctified Slayer of Asmodeus), HP 67, AC 23 (touch 12, ff 21), Init +4. Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +9.

Knowledge (Planes): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27 +2 to determine weaknesses.

*Since Alexander didn't make his knowledge check I will forgo using Bane since it would be meta-gaming it*

Drawing his Chain-Flail (with 10 foot reach) Alexander will move forward and Study Target (Swift Action) before attacking.
Power Attack#1 (Magic & Silver): 1d20 + 6 + 4 + 1 + 2 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 4 + 1 + 2 + 3 - 2 = 17
Power Attack#2 (Magic & Silver): 1d20 + 1 + 4 + 1 + 3 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 1 + 4 + 1 + 3 - 2 - 2 = 16

"By Asomdeus... I shall not fail!"

Alexander's AC is 25 and his saves are (+1) from Ward of the Faithful.

Dark Archive

PFS #76925-14 LN Male Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 6 / HellKnight 2 HP: 82/82| AC: 22/12/21 | Fort: +9| Ref: +5| Will: +5| Init: +1| Perc: +9| CMB: +8 +6 Vs Disarm| CMD: 20 +3 vs Disarm| Ada.H.Flail: +16;1d10+11| Longbow:+9;1d8| Reliable Strike 1/day
Skills:
Acrobatics:+1| Appraise:+2| Bluff:+1| Climb:-2| Diplo:+2| Inti: +9| Kn.(Dun/Eng/Loc/Pla/Reli): +10| Kn.(Noble/His): +3| Linguis:+4| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -4| Survival: +6| Swim: +3|

GM Alden has the Ring of the Sublime equipped.
This ornate gold ring is set with a single round sapphire and platinum stems. When worn, the ring of the sublime protects its wearer from fear effects as if constantly under the effects of remove fear. Wearers of rings of the sublime in Taldor often believe the ring’s ability to combat fear also removes social anxiety, making the wearer a more confident and self-assured member of high society.
In case it affects if I'm shaken or not.
Knowledge (Planes) 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22

Alden strides forward to meet the fiend in melee combat!
"Greetings Gorthoklek, I am Alden Darkcrown Thelas! You shall not be laying a hand on Lady Zarta on a mistaken identity." His arms swings his mighty weapon, feared by other otherworldy foes against the beast.
Inspire +3 hit /+3 dmg
Shaken -2 to hit if still in effect despite ring.
Adamantine Heavy Flail +1 1d20 + 11 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 11 + 3 - 2 = 241d10 + 11 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 11 + 3 = 16

Grand Lodge

Cirri's Familiar | Spells -/6/3/3 | Arcane Pool 7/10 (Active) | Flight Hex minutes 7/9 | GM Folio Reroll +2 | +2 Flaming Quarterstaff HP 63/78 | AC 24, T 15, FF 23 | Saves 6/7/7 | CMD 24 (26 vs trip) | Perception +7 | Init +1 | Female Human Magus 9 | Alignment NG |Mirror Image (2 images) 9 minutes | Ward on Ingrge

"Oh, it's flying." Cirri and her many images speak. "I can't reach from down here."

Cirri's AC is 24, then.

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

Alexander draws his chain flail and swings it to and fro like a happy cleric with a new thurible. He's got the reach but not the mojo. The inquisitor will have to hope he can fulfill his oath to Asmodeus next time.

Alden doesn't even register the intimidating effects the fiend's presence has on his comrades. Heavy flail in hand, the Hellknight climbs down the steps and moves across the chamber, closing with the enemy.

Alden, do you have a 15ft reach? You descended down the stairs to approach Gorthoklek. Feel free to retcon your actions, if the situation wasn't clear.

Cirri, will Riddywhipple act this round?

Map & Images

Conditions:
Inspire Courage - +3 competence bonus to attack and damage rolls and a +3 morale bonus to saves vs fear and charm effects.

Round 1
Bold
may act.

Erlathan (panicked)
Obtrivi (panicked)
Nella (panicked)
Zarta (shaken)
---
Gorthoklek (?)
---
Riddywhipple (shaken)
Cirri (shaken)
Alexander (shaken)
Alden

Riddywhipple (and Alden?) you're up!


Spells -/4 | Greater Invisibility 2/3 | Alignment CG HP 39/39 | AC 24 (T 17 FF 20) | Saves 6/8/7 | Perception +11 | Init +3 | Riddywhipple, Faerie Dragon familiar (Master) |

"Uh... not sure what to do here."

Riddywhipple uses the Spell-like ability, Greater Invisibility and grabs Cirri's wand of Cure Light Wounds. It may come in handy soon...

Dark Archive

PFS #76925-14 LN Male Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 6 / HellKnight 2 HP: 82/82| AC: 22/12/21 | Fort: +9| Ref: +5| Will: +5| Init: +1| Perc: +9| CMB: +8 +6 Vs Disarm| CMD: 20 +3 vs Disarm| Ada.H.Flail: +16;1d10+11| Longbow:+9;1d8| Reliable Strike 1/day
Skills:
Acrobatics:+1| Appraise:+2| Bluff:+1| Climb:-2| Diplo:+2| Inti: +9| Kn.(Dun/Eng/Loc/Pla/Reli): +10| Kn.(Noble/His): +3| Linguis:+4| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -4| Survival: +6| Swim: +3|

Oops, Make it a readied action then. Unless someone gifts me with Fly?

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

Erlathan, Obtrivi, and Nella, are no longer panicked. Now, their fear just leaves them temporarily confused.

Confused Actions:
Erlathan: 1d100 ⇒ 90
Nella: 1d100 ⇒ 34
Obtrivi: 1d100 ⇒ 92

Nella babbles incoherently, while Erlathan and Obtrivi attack one another. Fortunately, they dropped their weapons during their panic. (Please make your own attack/damage rolls.)

Zarta continues dancing Uptown Funk, much to the devil's delight. Gorthoklek makes a series of taunting cat-calls to encourage her.

Map & Images

Conditions:
Inspire Courage - +3 competence bonus to attack and damage rolls and a +3 morale bonus to saves vs fear and charm effects.

Round 1
Bold
may act.

Erlathan (confused for 3 rounds, attacks Obtrivi)
Obtrivi (confused for 3 rounds, attacks Erlathan)
Nella (confused for 3 rounds, babbles incoherently)
Zarta
---
Gorthoklek (?)
---
Riddywhipple (shaken)
Cirri (shaken)
Alexander (shaken)
Alden

Riddywhipple (and Alden?) you're up!

Sovereign Court

CG Elf Arcanist 8 | HP: 58/58 | AC: 13 (T: 13, F: 10) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +9 | Perc: +11 | Speed 30 | Arcane Reservoir remaining: 7/11 | Low-light vision | Reroll | Conditions: Sickened

"You! You're no dwarf, you're a DEVIL!" Erlathan smacks Obtrivi with the side of his staff.

First ever melee attack with Erlathan: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 61d6 ⇒ 4

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 35/59 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 16 l F +9, R +6, W +11 l Adoration (7/7), Channel Energy (4/5), Clarifying Channel (1/1), Inspired (0/1), Resistant Touch (7/7) l L1: 4/5, D1: 1/1, L2: 2/4, D2: 1/1, L3: 2/3, D3: 1/1, L4: 2/2, D4: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +4
Skills:
Craft: Musical Instruments +10, Diplomacy +12, Heal +11, Kn. Arcana +5, Kn. History +6, Kn. Planes +8, Kn. Religion +11, Linguistics +5, Sense Motive +11, Spellcraft +5
Female NG Human Cleric (Ecclesitheurge) 7 l Active Conditions:

"We dream, we believe, we are reborn," Nella says, seemingly speaking to the wall behind her. "Knowledge requires exploration. By unveiling, we heal. It can be difficult to know where to begin. We are being called to explore the dreamtime itself as an interface between energy and being. The biosphere is approaching a tipping point. We must awaken ourselves and awaken others."

It's impossible to know what she's talking about, though it sounds like some sort of New Age motivational speech - which are usually gibberish anyway.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Ifirit Unchained Barbarian 3/ Fighter 2/Techslinger 1/ Horizon Walker 4: HP 101/101 AC21 FF18 T13 Int +9 (+4 in Urban/Desert +2 in )Fort 15 Reflex 9 Will 3/ FireR 10/ Aligned CG

NOT DWARF! OBTRIVI IFRIT! SMASH SQUIDDY!

Thank the gods he dropped his chainsaw... the incoming punchs will hurt a lot less.

I'm so sorry: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (4) + 14 = 18
Damage: 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
I'm so sorry: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
Damage: 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

GM Screen:
Alexander 1, Cirri 2: 1d2 ⇒ 2

Gorthoklek swings a massive arm through the air, "Eeny, meeny, miny, moe
Catch a mortal by the toe
If he hollers let him go,
Eeny, meeny, miny, moe
My mother told me
To pick the very best one
And you are not it!"

His finger stops above the Hellknight. "Seems Asmodeus guides my hand, inquisitor." The fiend turns to Cirri, displaying a lethal, wicked grin. "Please hold still. This might sting."
Claw: 1d20 + 32 ⇒ (12) + 32 = 44
The devil's massive claw strikes the magus with the gentleness of a kiss.

In her mind's eye, Cirri sees only a vague shape, but it's the most fearsome creature she can imagine, formed from the fears of her subconscious mind into something that her conscious mind recognizes as the most horrible beast.
(DC18 Will save to recognize the image as unreal. If that save fails, the phantasm touches the subject, and the subject must succeed on a DC18 Fortitude save or die from fear. Even if the Fortitude save is successful, Cirri takes 3d6 ⇒ (5, 6, 3) = 14 points of damage. Zarta's inspire courage grants a +3 morale bonus on the saving throw(s). Having been touched by the creature, Cirri may make a second DC18 Will save.)

Though their companions are still confused, Zarta, Riddywhipple, Cirri, Alexander, and Alden are no longer shaken from fear.

Map & Images

Conditions:
Inspire Courage - +3 competence bonus to attack and damage rolls and a +3 morale bonus to saves vs fear and charm effects.

Round 2
Bold
may act.

Erlathan (confused for 3 rounds)
Obtrivi (confused for 3 rounds)
Nella (confused for 3 rounds, babbles incoherently)
Zarta
---
Gorthoklek
---
Riddywhipple
Cirri
(DC18 Will; if the save fails, then a DC18 Fortitude save or die.)
Alexander
Alden

Riddywhipple, Cirri, Alexander, and Alden, you're up!

Grand Lodge

Cirri's Familiar | Spells -/6/3/3 | Arcane Pool 7/10 (Active) | Flight Hex minutes 7/9 | GM Folio Reroll +2 | +2 Flaming Quarterstaff HP 63/78 | AC 24, T 15, FF 23 | Saves 6/7/7 | CMD 24 (26 vs trip) | Perception +7 | Init +1 | Female Human Magus 9 | Alignment NG |Mirror Image (2 images) 9 minutes | Ward on Ingrge

"What the heck is everyone talking about?" Cirri is confused with everyone's nursery rhymes and random bouts of infighting. "Do I look like an inquisitor to you?" Cirri tries to stop the claw but it's no good.

But who cares about the big flaming devil ahead of her. What is that thing? Oh gods it's a ghost. It goes right through Cirri's Mirror Image, grabs her by the throat and begins drowning her. Where did that water come from? Who cares, it's a ghost!

Will Save: 1d20 + 7 - 4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 7 - 4 + 3 = 10
Fort Save: 1d20 + 10 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 10 + 3 = 21

Cirri hears Zarta's inspirational tune, but it's no good. Cirri eventually pulls her head from the water and her head is suddenly dry. She gasps for air, worn from holding her breath and the stress.

Will Save: 1d20 + 7 - 4 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 7 - 4 + 3 = 26 Oh, there's the 20.
Wait a minute, something's not right, here.

Waiting for GM before I actually act.


Spells -/4 | Greater Invisibility 2/3 | Alignment CG HP 39/39 | AC 24 (T 17 FF 20) | Saves 6/8/7 | Perception +11 | Init +3 | Riddywhipple, Faerie Dragon familiar (Master) |

Meanwhile, Riddywhipple readies his wand.

UMD, DC 20: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (20) + 15 = 35 Oh, another 20. How lovely.
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Riddywhipple applies a tiny amount of healing to CIrri. "Cirri, my dear. Hold fast! You're our best hope right now!"

Dark Archive

PFS #76925-14 LN Male Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 6 / HellKnight 2 HP: 82/82| AC: 22/12/21 | Fort: +9| Ref: +5| Will: +5| Init: +1| Perc: +9| CMB: +8 +6 Vs Disarm| CMD: 20 +3 vs Disarm| Ada.H.Flail: +16;1d10+11| Longbow:+9;1d8| Reliable Strike 1/day
Skills:
Acrobatics:+1| Appraise:+2| Bluff:+1| Climb:-2| Diplo:+2| Inti: +9| Kn.(Dun/Eng/Loc/Pla/Reli): +10| Kn.(Noble/His): +3| Linguis:+4| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -4| Survival: +6| Swim: +3|

He's not coming down is he?

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

Cirri:
You realize that the 'fiend' is a sort of strange illusion. Though not exactly real, its physical nature convinces you it could be harmed by weapons as well as by spells and other means.

Flying over your heads, Gorthoklek roars in rage. "Stubborn mortal, why won't you just die!"

Riddywhipple activates a wand and heals some of Cirri's injuries.

Map & Images

Conditions:
Inspire Courage - +3 competence bonus to attack and damage rolls and a +3 morale bonus to saves vs fear and charm effects.

Round 2
Bold
may act.

Erlathan (confused for 3 rounds)
Obtrivi (confused for 3 rounds)
Nella (confused for 3 rounds, babbles incoherently)
Zarta
---
Gorthoklek
---
Riddywhipple
Cirri (-12)
Alexander
Alden

Cirri, Alexander, and Alden, you're up!

Grand Lodge

Cirri's Familiar | Spells -/6/3/3 | Arcane Pool 7/10 (Active) | Flight Hex minutes 7/9 | GM Folio Reroll +2 | +2 Flaming Quarterstaff HP 63/78 | AC 24, T 15, FF 23 | Saves 6/7/7 | CMD 24 (26 vs trip) | Perception +7 | Init +1 | Female Human Magus 9 | Alignment NG |Mirror Image (2 images) 9 minutes | Ward on Ingrge

"Good news. It's an illusion, but you can hit it with weapons." Cirri concentrates.

"Which I'm going to do now."

Cirri focuses.

Concentrate, DC 21: 1d20 + 9 + 5 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 9 + 5 + 4 - 2 = 24
No problem. Well okay, a problem, but not bad enough to lose her magic.

The magic of Monstrous Physique I flows through Cirri and she takes the form of a Gargoyle.

"I can cast Enlarge Person, but I'm a little busy here." She roars and flies 10 feet up after the illusion.

This provokes, I'm pretty sure.

Dark Archive

PFS #76925-14 LN Male Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 6 / HellKnight 2 HP: 82/82| AC: 22/12/21 | Fort: +9| Ref: +5| Will: +5| Init: +1| Perc: +9| CMB: +8 +6 Vs Disarm| CMD: 20 +3 vs Disarm| Ada.H.Flail: +16;1d10+11| Longbow:+9;1d8| Reliable Strike 1/day
Skills:
Acrobatics:+1| Appraise:+2| Bluff:+1| Climb:-2| Diplo:+2| Inti: +9| Kn.(Dun/Eng/Loc/Pla/Reli): +10| Kn.(Noble/His): +3| Linguis:+4| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -4| Survival: +6| Swim: +3|

Alden can only look in envy at the midair combat taking place above him..

"I can wait for you to bring him down!" he calls back.
Sounding perhaps a little hopeful........too hopeful maybe..........

"Or is the big bad devil afraid of facing one who champions a lord of hell!" he attempts to provoke the devil.

Dark Archive

M Human- Chelaxian LN Inquisitor-8 (Sanctified Slayer of Asmodeus), HP 67, AC 23 (touch 12, ff 21), Init +4. Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +9.

"An Illusion!?!"

Power Attack#1 Silver & Magic: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 2 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 6 + 1 + 2 + 4 + 3 = 35
Power Attack#2 Silver & Magic: 1d20 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 4 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 1 + 1 + 2 + 4 + 3 - 2 = 21

Damage#1: 1d10 + 18 ⇒ (3) + 18 = 21
Damage#2: 1d10 + 18 ⇒ (4) + 18 = 22

"If it is an illusion it must have a magical source shouldn't it?"

Knowledge (Arcana): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12 to remember anything he can about illusion-related magic.

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

Cirri becomes positively beastly, and needs fly a mere five feet into the air before the quasi-illusory devil is within her reach. (Cirri still has a Move action, if she wants it.)

"Hubba, hubba!" Gorthoklek bats his red eyes at Cirri. "Love the new look, wee mortal lady."

"Lannavia Davian!" the fiend continues taunting Zarta. "Why can't you make yourself pretty for me, too?"

"Do you think me a fool? I'm happy where I am, Hellknight." Gorthoklek rolls his eyes at Alden's taunt.

*WHACK!* Alexander's first blow cracks into the devil's ribs. The second swing of his chain flail whistles past its ear.

Zarta begins dancing the 'Running Man' to My Boo by the Ghost Town DJs. Hoping Alexander can repeat his success against the devil, she also casts heroism on the inquisitor.

(Confusion rolls from the GM's 'eaten' post.)
Erlathan starts babbling, Obrtivi attacks him again, and Nella's fog of confusion lifts for moment.

Map & Images

Conditions:
Inspire Courage - +3 competence bonus to attack and damage rolls and a +3 morale bonus to saves vs fear and charm effects.

Round 3
Bold
may act.

Erlathan (confused for 2 rounds, babbles incoherently)
Obtrivi (confused for 2 rounds, attacks Erlathan again)
Nella (confused for 2 rounds, acts normally)
Zarta
---
Gorthoklek (-21)
---
Riddywhipple
Cirri (-12; Move action available)
Alexander (heroism)
Alden

Erlathan, Obtrivi, and Nella, you're up! (Cirri has a move action available.)

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
CG Elf Arcanist 8 | HP: 58/58 | AC: 13 (T: 13, F: 10) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +9 | Perc: +11 | Speed 30 | Arcane Reservoir remaining: 7/11 | Low-light vision | Reroll | Conditions: Sickened

"Well, this is a story, all about how, my mind got flipped, turned upside down, and I'd like to take a minute, so just sit right there, I'll tell you how I became the wizard of the outer sphere." Erlathan rotates his head in a wide, 360-degree circle.

Grand Lodge

Cirri's Familiar | Spells -/6/3/3 | Arcane Pool 7/10 (Active) | Flight Hex minutes 7/9 | GM Folio Reroll +2 | +2 Flaming Quarterstaff HP 63/78 | AC 24, T 15, FF 23 | Saves 6/7/7 | CMD 24 (26 vs trip) | Perception +7 | Init +1 | Female Human Magus 9 | Alignment NG |Mirror Image (2 images) 9 minutes | Ward on Ingrge

"Huh. I wonder how you feel about harpies." Cirri hovers in midair and clutches onto her staff.

Nothing to do with my move action, so I'll pass.

Grand Lodge

Ifirit Unchained Barbarian 3/ Fighter 2/Techslinger 1/ Horizon Walker 4: HP 101/101 AC21 FF18 T13 Int +9 (+4 in Urban/Desert +2 in )Fort 15 Reflex 9 Will 3/ FireR 10/ Aligned CG

Obtrivi wails on the poor guy.

I'm so sorry part 2: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (14) + 14 = 28
Damage: 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
I'm so sorry part 2: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Damage: 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Silver Crusade

HP: 35/59 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 16 l F +9, R +6, W +11 l Adoration (7/7), Channel Energy (4/5), Clarifying Channel (1/1), Inspired (0/1), Resistant Touch (7/7) l L1: 4/5, D1: 1/1, L2: 2/4, D2: 1/1, L3: 2/3, D3: 1/1, L4: 2/2, D4: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +4
Skills:
Craft: Musical Instruments +10, Diplomacy +12, Heal +11, Kn. Arcana +5, Kn. History +6, Kn. Planes +8, Kn. Religion +11, Linguistics +5, Sense Motive +11, Spellcraft +5
Female NG Human Cleric (Ecclesitheurge) 7 l Active Conditions:

"You and I are spiritual brothers and sisters of the-*"

Nella blinks as the fog clouding her mind lifts for a brief instant, tuning in just in time to see Erlathan dropping sick rhymes and Obtrivi using the wizard as a punching bag.

Oh no, this isn't right...

And so she acts on instinct, raising her arm to reveal her holy symbol tattoo as she channels a burst of healing - and clarifying - energy.

Clarifying Channel: 3d6 ⇒ (3, 6, 1) = 10

Will Save If Needed: 1d20 + 11 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 11 + 2 - 4 = 10
______________

Nella channels using her Clarifying Channel feat; depending on how you want to read 'healed' this will give Erlathan and possibly Nella & Obtrivi the chance to reroll their Will save vs. this fear/confusion effect with a +2 sacred bonus~

Dark Archive

PFS #76925-14 LN Male Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 6 / HellKnight 2 HP: 82/82| AC: 22/12/21 | Fort: +9| Ref: +5| Will: +5| Init: +1| Perc: +9| CMB: +8 +6 Vs Disarm| CMD: 20 +3 vs Disarm| Ada.H.Flail: +16;1d10+11| Longbow:+9;1d8| Reliable Strike 1/day
Skills:
Acrobatics:+1| Appraise:+2| Bluff:+1| Climb:-2| Diplo:+2| Inti: +9| Kn.(Dun/Eng/Loc/Pla/Reli): +10| Kn.(Noble/His): +3| Linguis:+4| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -4| Survival: +6| Swim: +3|

Having no ability to fly, Alden realises with dawning horror that his honor was being smirched because he couldn't fly.

It was an insult beyond anything he could endure.......He had to resolve this somehow......but he couldn't.

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

Erlathan begins babbling, and Obtrivi drubs him for it. Nella uses her own brief moment of clarity to give her companions a chance to escape the clutches of the fiend's terrifying presence.

Having re-rolled her own Will save, Nella also grants Erlathan and Obtrivi an immediate save to prematurely end those effects. They gain a sacred bonus on this save equal to Nella's Charisma bonus (+2).

Smarting from Alexander's attack, Gorthoklek gives the inquisitor his undivided attention.
Claw: 1d20 + 32 ⇒ (2) + 32 = 34

The devil's massive claw caresses Alexander's cheek.

In his mind's eye, Alexander sees only a vague shape, but it's the most fearsome creature he can imagine, formed from the fears of his subconscious mind into something that his conscious mind recognizes as the most horrible beast.
[DC18 Will save to recognize the image as unreal. If that save fails, the phantasm touches the subject, and the subject must succeed on a DC18 Fortitude save or die from fear. Even if the Fortitude save is successful, Alexander takes 3d6 ⇒ (5, 2, 3) = 10 points of damage. Zarta's inspire courage grants a +3 morale bonus on the saving throw(s).]

Map & Images

Conditions:
Inspire Courage - +3 competence bonus to attack and damage rolls and a +3 morale bonus to saves vs fear and charm effects.

Round 3
Bold
may act.

Erlathan (-25; confused for 2 rounds, babbles incoherently; DC18 Will)
Obtrivi (confused for 2 rounds, attacks Erlathan again; DC18 Will)
Nella (confused for 2 rounds, acts normally)
Zarta
---
Gorthoklek (-21)
---
Riddywhipple
Cirri
(-12; Move action available)
Alexander (heroism; DC18 Will, and if failed, DC18 Fortitude save.)
Alden

Alden, Alexander, Cirri and Riddywhipple, you're up! (Erlathan and Obtrivi, please re-roll the DC18 Will save with the bonuses from Nella and Zarta.)

Dark Archive

M Human- Chelaxian LN Inquisitor-8 (Sanctified Slayer of Asmodeus), HP 67, AC 23 (touch 12, ff 21), Init +4. Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +9.

Will Save: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 2 + 2 = 15
Fortitude Save: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 2 + 2 = 20

"I have struck the beast! If it is an illusion, it's a pretty solid one!"

Power Attack #1: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 2 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 1 + 2 + 4 + 3 = 26
Power Attack #1: 1d20 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 4 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 1 + 1 + 2 + 4 + 3 - 2 = 22

Damage #1: 1d10 + 18 ⇒ (7) + 18 = 25
Damage #2: 1d10 + 18 ⇒ (10) + 18 = 28- both are magic and silver.

"Nella, Cirri- if it is an illusion is it possible to DISPEL it?"

Grand Lodge

Cirri's Familiar | Spells -/6/3/3 | Arcane Pool 7/10 (Active) | Flight Hex minutes 7/9 | GM Folio Reroll +2 | +2 Flaming Quarterstaff HP 63/78 | AC 24, T 15, FF 23 | Saves 6/7/7 | CMD 24 (26 vs trip) | Perception +7 | Init +1 | Female Human Magus 9 | Alignment NG |Mirror Image (2 images) 9 minutes | Ward on Ingrge

With her move action, CIrri draws and drops a composite longbow (+3 Str rating). "Alden, can you fire a longbow? Borrow mine and let's kill this thing before it scares us to death."

Cirri prepares to fight with quarterstaff, bite and gore. But then Alexander asks an interesting question.

K Arcana: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
"Uh... I'm not sure. I didn't prepare a dispelling spell today, so I can't help on that. I do know you can hit the thing."

Swift Action to add a +2 damage to all of my attacks, thanks to Arcane Strike.

Hover check. Fly check, DC 15
Fly: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

Cirri maintains her position and then strikes.

+4 Quarterstaff: 1d20 + 12 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 12 + 3 = 25
2H Damage: 1d6 + 7 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 4 + 2 = 16

+4 Quarterstaff: 1d20 + 12 + 3 - 5 ⇒ (10) + 12 + 3 - 5 = 20
2H Damage: 1d6 + 7 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 4 + 2 = 16

Magic Gargoyle Bite: 1d20 + 6 + 5 - 5 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 5 - 5 = 16
Damage: 1d4 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 2 = 8

Magic Gargoyle Gore: 1d20 + 6 + 5 - 5 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 5 - 5 = 11
Damage: 1d4 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 2 = 7


Spells -/4 | Greater Invisibility 2/3 | Alignment CG HP 39/39 | AC 24 (T 17 FF 20) | Saves 6/8/7 | Perception +11 | Init +3 | Riddywhipple, Faerie Dragon familiar (Master) |

Riddywhipple continues heal duty.

UMD, DC 20: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (19) + 15 = 34
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Cirri recovers a bit more from her heart attack.

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

Alexander suffers but survives the terrifying touch of the quasi-illusory fiend. He swings his chain flail twice, striking the devil once.

Neither Cirri nor Alexander can be certain if the creature calling itself Gorthoklek can be dispelled, but the illusion has proven to be quite powerful.

Hovering five feet above the floor, Cirri infuses her staff and her gargoyle gums and horn with arcane energy and attacks. She thrusts the butt of her powerful staff into fiend's midriff and Gorthoklek falls, fragments of his essence dispersing in a cloud that settles to the flagstones and slips into the cracks.

Riddywhipple heals some of Cirri's wounds.

---

For a few more seconds, everyone avoids the hazard of their confuse companions, and when everyone's recovered their faculties, you begin your search of Leventi's museum to his obsession with the ruling family of Cheliax. You find nothing worth pillaging from the place.

Zarta seems to have found unexpected resolve facing down the fiend. "I'm not certain, but I think Gorthoklek was some sort of semi-substantial haunt. Dispelling the illusion permanently might require us to find the real fiend and slay it. Let's finish our business and leave this place before it returns."

The venture-captain glances again at the figures displayed fighting on a Corentyn battlement during Davian’s last surge during the Battle of One Hundred Kings.

"As I look upon the doomed Davian warriors assailing the walls of Corentyn, I can't help noting that there’s nothing I can do for the dead—including the forces that opposed House Thrune decades ago."

She stares at the now silent figures, thoughtful. "Hmm. I wonder what the living might do to stop further injustices... "

Zarta Dralneen glances at the sin scroll portal in the northeast wall of the Thrune museum. "Ready?"

Map & Images

The Wounded may act.
Erlathan (-25)
Cirri (-8)
Alexander (-10)

Please attempt another DC12 Will save when you enter the next portal.

451 to 500 of 608 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Lorenzo's #10-08: What Prestige is Worth (Tiers 7-11) - OUTPOST II All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.