GM Lorenzo's #10-08: What Prestige is Worth - OUTPOST II (Inactive)

Game Master Lawrence Smith 2

Maps, Handouts, and More!


101 to 150 of 608 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

While the team considers whether or not to challenge the pair of erinyes devils, and weighs the potential costs of a lethal or nonlethal bout, they continue to study their surroundings at Widow's Cry.

A very stealthy person with excellent lock-picking skills, might be able to avoid detection by the hellhounds and erinyes devils guarding the prizes and then steal the imp from out of its cage. Looks like a real challenge, even for a highly skilled rogue.

At the beginning of each bout, it appears that Eiseth’s champions emerge from the hypogeum below the center of the arena. The flames of the fiery entrance to the hypogeum blaze in a continual blasting inferno. It looks like a 50-foot drop to the bottom of the hypogeum.

At the south end of the fighting ring, it backs against a channel of water.

Knowledge (planes) DC20:
This is a channel of the Lethe, an offshoot of the mighty River Styx. You recognize this waterway and its infamous ability to erase the memories of anyone who so much as touches it. If splashed with this water, a creature must succeed at a DC25 Will save or be unable to remember their identity or past. They still maintain their ability to make new memories, languages known, skills, feats, and class abilities, though they might be surprised to rediscover these abilities. These memories can be restored by restoration (including the full 1,000 gp of diamond dust) or heal. If submerged in the water, the creature instead must succeed at a DC25 Will save or lose all memories, including all class abilities, feats, and skill ranks. The victim still remembers how to speak and perform basic tasks, and they retain their base attack bonus, saving throw bonuses, CMB, CMD, and hit points. These memories can be restored by greater restoration, limited wish, miracle, or wish.

Spectators cheer from the sidelines, whenever one of the combatants perform a spectacular, showy maneuver, confirms a critical hit, or knocks an opponent prone, earning the crowd’s favor.
(This grants that creature and his or her allies a +2 morale bonus on attack and damage rolls until the end of that creature’s next turn.)

You also try to size up the erinyes devils you'll have to face, if you accept the challenge.

Knowledge (planes) DC18:
An erinyes is a Medium outsider with the devil, evil, extraplanar, and lawful subtypes. For every 5 you exceed the DC, you may ask one question from this list.

Grand Lodge

Cirri's Familiar | Spells -/6/3/4 | Arcane Pool 9/10 | Flight Hex minutes 7/9 (Active) | GM Folio Reroll +2 | HP 75/78 | AC 25, T 13, FF 24 | Saves 6/7/7 | CMD 24 (26 vs trip) | Perception +7 | Init +1 | Female Human Magus 9 | Alignment NG |Mirror Image (7 images) 9 minutes | Ward on Ingrge

I'll reuse my DC 34 roll for the first roll here.
"That water... oh! That's part of the Lethe. Which is part of the River Styx. Do not let it splash you, or you might lose your memories. And don't get submerged, either." She turns to Nella. "Do you have the restoration or heal spells available to counter the splashing effect?"

K Planes: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (18) + 17 = 35
"Yup, those are Erinyes alright. Lawful, Evil, Extraplanar Devils. I know their Resistances, Special Abilities, and Speed. One sec..." Cirri tugs at the headband.

Dark Archive

M Human- Chelaxian LN Inquisitor-8 (Sanctified Slayer of Asmodeus), HP 67, AC 23 (touch 12, ff 21), Init +4. Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +9.

"While it is not the most glamorous way to defeat an enemy, I am not unfamiliar with the use of my bow... and the blessings Asmodeus has bestoyed upon me should make rather short work of those devils."

Alexander wishes to demostrate the power and greatness of Asmodeus... if he can show his own greatness as an aside, even better.

Sovereign Court

CG Elf Arcanist 8 | HP: 58/58 | AC: 13 (T: 13, F: 10) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +9 | Perc: +11 | Speed 30 | Arcane Reservoir remaining: 7/11 | Low-light vision | Reroll | Conditions: Sickened

Knowledge (Planes) DC 20: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26
Knowledge (Planes) DC 18: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25
"Indeed, stay away from the water! Touch it, and you might forget who you were. Not a bad thing depending on what trauma you may have endured..." Erlathan thinks aloud. "As for Erinyes, I know a thing or two as well. Their Special Attacks come to mind..."

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

Cirri recalls a few bits of useful information about erinyes devils. They're immune to fire and poison and resistant to acid and cold energy as well as to spells; on the ground, they move at 30, and in the air, they're good, moving at 50; their special abilities include Entangle (Su): Each erinyes carries a 50-foot-long rope that entangles opponents of any size as an animate rope spell (CL 16th, DC 20). An erinyes can hurl its rope 30 feet with no range penalty. An erinyes’s rope functions only for the erinyes who made it and no other. The save DC is Dexterity-based.

Erlathan knows something about erinyes devils, too. While they technically don't have any special attacks, they have a number of spell-like abilities, including some nasty things like fear and unholy blight. Oh, and they can summon bearded devils.

Grand Lodge

Ifirit Unchained Barbarian 3/ Fighter 2/Techslinger 1/ Horizon Walker 4: HP 101/101 AC21 FF18 T13 Int +9 (+4 in Urban/Desert +2 in )Fort 15 Reflex 9 Will 3/ FireR 10/ Aligned CG

Obtrivi waits patiently while his smarter pathfinders talk. He's clearly itching to fight though.

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

If you haven't yet indicated your preference, please do so. Fight? If so, Nonlethal or Lethal?

Dark Archive

PFS #76925-14 LN Male Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 6 / HellKnight 2 HP: 82/82| AC: 22/12/21 | Fort: +9| Ref: +5| Will: +5| Init: +1| Perc: +9| CMB: +8 +6 Vs Disarm| CMD: 20 +3 vs Disarm| Ada.H.Flail: +16;1d10+11| Longbow:+9;1d8| Reliable Strike 1/day
Skills:
Acrobatics:+1| Appraise:+2| Bluff:+1| Climb:-2| Diplo:+2| Inti: +9| Kn.(Dun/Eng/Loc/Pla/Reli): +10| Kn.(Noble/His): +3| Linguis:+4| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -4| Survival: +6| Swim: +3|

Knowledge (Planes) 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
Knowledge (Planes) 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
Fight. non lethal? I doubt we can pull it off.

"I know of the of the river. I believe that we can take them. I have trained with the bow but I'm better with my flail. Perhaps if we force them into melee combat with something to disrupt their view....I am skilled with my chosen weapon as befits my order." Alden offers.

Grand Lodge

Cirri's Familiar | Spells -/6/3/4 | Arcane Pool 9/10 | Flight Hex minutes 7/9 (Active) | GM Folio Reroll +2 | HP 75/78 | AC 25, T 13, FF 24 | Saves 6/7/7 | CMD 24 (26 vs trip) | Perception +7 | Init +1 | Female Human Magus 9 | Alignment NG |Mirror Image (7 images) 9 minutes | Ward on Ingrge

"Oh, that's it! I'll just make some Obscuring Mist and we can stay there to force them to explore the cloud."

"I think we fight lethally no matter what but we can have the option to not die. I'd like to do that."

Silver Crusade

HP: 59/59 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 16 l F +9, R +6, W +11 l Adoration (7/7), Channel Energy (5/5), Clarifying Channel (1/1), Inspired (1/1), Resistant Touch (7/7) l L1: 5/5, D1: 1/1, L2: 4/4, D2: 1/1, L3: 2/3, D3: 1/1, L4: 2/2, D4: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +4
Skills:
Craft: Musical Instruments +10, Diplomacy +12, Heal +11, Kn. Arcana +5, Kn. History +6, Kn. Planes +8, Kn. Religion +11, Linguistics +5, Sense Motive +11, Spellcraft +5
Female NG Human Cleric (Ecclesitheurge) 7 l Active Conditions:

"I suppose nonlethal would mean both sides pull their punches a bit, aim to concuss and addle instead of kill," Nella posits. "And no, the ability to Heal is still beyond my powers and while I can use restorative magics I didn't prepare any today," she sighs.

Dark Archive

PFS #76925-14 LN Male Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 6 / HellKnight 2 HP: 82/82| AC: 22/12/21 | Fort: +9| Ref: +5| Will: +5| Init: +1| Perc: +9| CMB: +8 +6 Vs Disarm| CMD: 20 +3 vs Disarm| Ada.H.Flail: +16;1d10+11| Longbow:+9;1d8| Reliable Strike 1/day
Skills:
Acrobatics:+1| Appraise:+2| Bluff:+1| Climb:-2| Diplo:+2| Inti: +9| Kn.(Dun/Eng/Loc/Pla/Reli): +10| Kn.(Noble/His): +3| Linguis:+4| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -4| Survival: +6| Swim: +3|

"Ah!" Alden claps Cirri on her shoulder.

"That's the spirit! We can then have them come down to us instead and battle!" Alden rejoices on them finding a viable plan to execute.

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

Everyone wants to fight rather than attempt an imp snatch-and-grab. The lethal vs nonlethal tally so far?
Alden - lethal
Cirri - lethal
Nella - ?
Obtrivi - ?
Erlathan - ?
Alexander - ?

Grand Lodge

Ifirit Unchained Barbarian 3/ Fighter 2/Techslinger 1/ Horizon Walker 4: HP 101/101 AC21 FF18 T13 Int +9 (+4 in Urban/Desert +2 in )Fort 15 Reflex 9 Will 3/ FireR 10/ Aligned CG

Obtrivi will always vote with Cirri since she holds his letter. :)

Sovereign Court

CG Elf Arcanist 8 | HP: 58/58 | AC: 13 (T: 13, F: 10) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +9 | Perc: +11 | Speed 30 | Arcane Reservoir remaining: 7/11 | Low-light vision | Reroll | Conditions: Sickened

"While I'd rather not fight them at all, I suppose we have little choice. I could turn invisible, but I'm afraid I would not have much luck with the lock," Erlathan pouts. "Prepare your ... is that a ... a chainsaw?!" The wizard gawks at Obtrivi's weapon.

Erlathan will also suggest lethal

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

The team decides the only feasible way to obtain the imp Tholvinus is to defeat a pair of erinyes. Most of you think you'll have a better chance of success in a lethal fight than accepting the constraints of a nonlethal match.

As the two devils prepare for combat, the erinyes Cerenthiel asks, "You guys ready?"
(Please post any actions you take to prepare for the bout.)

Grand Lodge

Cirri's Familiar | Spells -/6/3/4 | Arcane Pool 9/10 | Flight Hex minutes 7/9 (Active) | GM Folio Reroll +2 | HP 75/78 | AC 25, T 13, FF 24 | Saves 6/7/7 | CMD 24 (26 vs trip) | Perception +7 | Init +1 | Female Human Magus 9 | Alignment NG |Mirror Image (7 images) 9 minutes | Ward on Ingrge

"I feel like we've been debating this for days, haha." Cirri channels some energy into her staff.

For the next minute, Cirri's staff acts as a +3 shocking weapon. This increases her AC and CMD by 2.
Cirri casts Displacement for 50% concealment for the next 9 minutes.
Cirri will use her Flight Hex to grant herself the power of the Fly spell.

"Does anyone want Bull's Strength? I can cast on one of you."

Once all of that is done (Cirri will cast it on herself if no one else takes it), she awkwardly turns back to Cerenthiel. "Yup, ready."

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

Initiative:

Alden: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Erlathan: 1d20 ⇒ 14
Nella: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Obtrivi: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
Cirri: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Riddywhipple: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Alexander: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Pink Erinyes: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Red Erinyes: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

The pair of devils, hovering some 15 feet in the air, shriek a challenge. You enter the arena, and the red erinyes begins a summons...

Map & Images

Round 1
Bold
may act.

Red Erinyes
---
Obtrivi
Alexander
Cirri
Riddywhipple

---
Pink Erinyes
---
Nella
Erlathan
Alden

Obtrivi, Alexander, Cirri & Riddywhipple, you're up!

Grand Lodge

Cirri's Familiar | Spells -/6/3/4 | Arcane Pool 9/10 | Flight Hex minutes 7/9 (Active) | GM Folio Reroll +2 | HP 75/78 | AC 25, T 13, FF 24 | Saves 6/7/7 | CMD 24 (26 vs trip) | Perception +7 | Init +1 | Female Human Magus 9 | Alignment NG |Mirror Image (7 images) 9 minutes | Ward on Ingrge

"Alright, we'll force them down." She sees one of the erinyes drop its guard. "Can anyone shoot her? I'm kind of busy here."

Cirri will delay if anyone is able to shoot and interrupt the summon.

When it's time, she taps her staff against the ground. "Winds of Destiny, shield us from the enemy's sight!" With her final tap, Obscuring Mist arises around her. "They won't be able to target us with their arrows now. Spread out a bit in the mist."

She then moves South East.

Dark Archive

PFS #76925-14 LN Male Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 6 / HellKnight 2 HP: 82/82| AC: 22/12/21 | Fort: +9| Ref: +5| Will: +5| Init: +1| Perc: +9| CMB: +8 +6 Vs Disarm| CMD: 20 +3 vs Disarm| Ada.H.Flail: +16;1d10+11| Longbow:+9;1d8| Reliable Strike 1/day
Skills:
Acrobatics:+1| Appraise:+2| Bluff:+1| Climb:-2| Diplo:+2| Inti: +9| Kn.(Dun/Eng/Loc/Pla/Reli): +10| Kn.(Noble/His): +3| Linguis:+4| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -4| Survival: +6| Swim: +3|

Before the Fight.
"If one will grant me wings to fly with, I'll gladly take the fight to them." Alden proclaims.

During fight.....Wait I'm last.......again.

Grand Lodge

Ifirit Unchained Barbarian 3/ Fighter 2/Techslinger 1/ Horizon Walker 4: HP 101/101 AC21 FF18 T13 Int +9 (+4 in Urban/Desert +2 in )Fort 15 Reflex 9 Will 3/ FireR 10/ Aligned CG

Before the match begins, Obtrivi takes his weapon and lowers it down, pressing a button on the side.

Glitch chance?: 1d100 ⇒ 64

The machinery roars with sound and Obtrivi smiles. As they prepare, Obtrivi hands Ciri a stick with a crude figure and a + sign on it.

Pretty Cirri make obtrivi big yes?

As the match begins, Obtrivi, now large, roars in challenge himself!

OBTRIVI CRUSH!

With astounding speed, he moves forward and plants himself under the red devil.

Enlarged Furious Finish: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (18) + 17 = 35
Damage: 116 = 116 Please note, I do not actually roll for damage

Grand Lodge

Cirri's Familiar | Spells -/6/3/4 | Arcane Pool 9/10 | Flight Hex minutes 7/9 (Active) | GM Folio Reroll +2 | HP 75/78 | AC 25, T 13, FF 24 | Saves 6/7/7 | CMD 24 (26 vs trip) | Perception +7 | Init +1 | Female Human Magus 9 | Alignment NG |Mirror Image (7 images) 9 minutes | Ward on Ingrge

"Well, that's... um... one way to shoot her down." Cirri coughs nervously. "Alrighty then."

Furious Finish. I'm gonna file that feat for later...

Grand Lodge

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

As the team prepares to face two of Eiseth's warriors, Alden asks someone to cast fly on him. Then Cirri takes the wand of enlarge person from Obtrivi and activates it, inflating the ifrit to a size commensurate with his self-confidence.

Eager for a chance to demonstrate his value to the team, the multclassed Mad Max races into the arena, plants his feet beneath the red erinyes, and saws the devil in half, drenching himself in a geyser of infernal blood.

The pieces of the erinyes fall past the ifrit and into the fiery entrance to the hypogeum. They pass the blazing conflagration and plummet another 50 feet to the bottom.

Obtrivi hears the faint, tinny sound of a recorded voice, "You have reached the infernal summons hotline. For bearded devils, please press 1 now. For other... " Then the line goes dead.

When the ifrit ends the red erinyes's summons, Cirri completes the casting of her readied obscuring mist. A stationary, 20ft radius cloud expands outward and upward from the magus.

Conditions:
Obscuring Mist - A stationary 20-ft. radius cloud appears (marked by yellow squares on the map). The vapor obscures all sight, including darkvision, beyond 5 feet. A creature 5 feet away has concealment (attacks have a 20% miss chance). Creatures farther away have total concealment (50% miss chance, and the attacker cannot use sight to locate the target).

Map & Images

Round 1
Bold
may act.

Obtrivi
Alexander
Cirri
Riddywhipple
---
Pink Erinyes
---
Nella
Erlathan
Alden

Alexander, you're up!

Dark Archive

PFS #76925-14 LN Male Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 6 / HellKnight 2 HP: 82/82| AC: 22/12/21 | Fort: +9| Ref: +5| Will: +5| Init: +1| Perc: +9| CMB: +8 +6 Vs Disarm| CMD: 20 +3 vs Disarm| Ada.H.Flail: +16;1d10+11| Longbow:+9;1d8| Reliable Strike 1/day
Skills:
Acrobatics:+1| Appraise:+2| Bluff:+1| Climb:-2| Diplo:+2| Inti: +9| Kn.(Dun/Eng/Loc/Pla/Reli): +10| Kn.(Noble/His): +3| Linguis:+4| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -4| Survival: +6| Swim: +3|

"A Fine Blow struck!" Alden congratuates Cirri.

Wow rage ending and fatigue. Good feat though.

Dark Archive

M Human- Chelaxian LN Inquisitor-8 (Sanctified Slayer of Asmodeus), HP 67, AC 23 (touch 12, ff 21), Init +4. Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +9.

Alexander invokes Asmodeus' divine will- BANE vs. Evil Outsiders.

"Feel the wrath of our Dark Lord and Savior of Humanity, Asmodeus!"

Ranged Attack with MW longbow (Str +4) with cold iron arrows vs. PINK. Even though FF, too far away.

First Ranged Attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21
Second Ranged Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Damage First RA: 1d8 + 4 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 2 + (3, 5) = 15
Damage Second RA: 1d8 + 4 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 2 + (6, 6) = 24

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

Within the obscuring mist, Alexander rubs a little bane on his weapon and fires two arrows through the cloud at the last spot he saw the pink devil.
<50% miss chance: 1d100 ⇒ 97
<50% miss chance: 1d100 ⇒ 80

Obtrivi sees both arrows emerge from the mist and strike the pink fury. She shrieks in pain.

The surviving erinyes, horrified at the butchery meted out against her battle buddy, flies closer to the enlarged man with the alien weapon, and gains enough altitude to avoid the reach of the man's horrific weapon. She targets him with one of her spell-like abilities.
(Obtrivi: DC19 Will Save, please)

Spellcraft DC19:

Conditions:
Obscuring Mist - A stationary 20-ft. radius cloud appears (marked by yellow squares on the map). The vapor obscures all sight, including darkvision, beyond 5 feet. A creature 5 feet away has concealment (attacks have a 20% miss chance). Creatures farther away have total concealment (50% miss chance, and the attacker cannot use sight to locate the target).

Map & Images

Round 1/2
Bold
may act.

Obtrivi (DC19 Will Save)
Alexander
Cirri & Riddywhipple

---
Pink Erinyes (-39)
---
Nella
Erlathan
Alden

Nella, Erlathan, and Alden, then Obtrivi, Alexander, and Cirri, you're up!

Silver Crusade

HP: 59/59 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 16 l F +9, R +6, W +11 l Adoration (7/7), Channel Energy (5/5), Clarifying Channel (1/1), Inspired (1/1), Resistant Touch (7/7) l L1: 5/5, D1: 1/1, L2: 4/4, D2: 1/1, L3: 2/3, D3: 1/1, L4: 2/2, D4: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +4
Skills:
Craft: Musical Instruments +10, Diplomacy +12, Heal +11, Kn. Arcana +5, Kn. History +6, Kn. Planes +8, Kn. Religion +11, Linguistics +5, Sense Motive +11, Spellcraft +5
Female NG Human Cleric (Ecclesitheurge) 7 l Active Conditions:

Nella's jaw drops as Obtrivi chainsaws one of the two devils in half before she even has time to act against them, then Cirri's mist rises up and obscures everyone from her view except for Erlathan and Alden.

Spellcraft (DC 19): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

She knows the remaining devil is casting something but can't quite make out what it is. Recalling some of the abilities erinyes possess, she stumbles forward through the mist to try and put a little distance between herself and the rest of her companions. After moving forward about 20 feet she finally reaches the edge of the mist and can see out, spotting Obtrivi and their remaining foe. Flicking her wrist, Nella then draws out a small wand and gives it a wave, blessing herself and her companions.
______________

Nella moves to her current position, draws her wand of Bless and then uses it. Charges remaining (24).

Grand Lodge

Cirri's Familiar | Spells -/6/3/4 | Arcane Pool 9/10 | Flight Hex minutes 7/9 (Active) | GM Folio Reroll +2 | HP 75/78 | AC 25, T 13, FF 24 | Saves 6/7/7 | CMD 24 (26 vs trip) | Perception +7 | Init +1 | Female Human Magus 9 | Alignment NG |Mirror Image (7 images) 9 minutes | Ward on Ingrge

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 25
"Obtrivi! Don't let her scare you. She's trying to cast fear!"
Cirri decides the devil must be in a panic. So she flies out of the cloud and wallops her with her magic staff.

I flew 20 feet laterally so I can spend the remaining 40 feet to climb 20 feet up. Assuming she's 25 feet above the ground I can reach her.
Using Arcane Strike as a swift action.

If Obtrivi's attack counts as earning the crowd's favor, please add a +2 bonus.

+3 Quarterstaff, Bull's Strength, Bless: 1d20 + 14 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 14 + 2 + 1 = 22
2H Damage w Bull's Strength and Arcane Strike: 1d6 + 9 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 9 + 3 + 2 = 15
Electric Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

When the crowd of spectators witnesses Obtrivi saw his foe in half, it erupts in bloodthirsty cheers, chanting his name. "Obtrivi! Obtrivi! More blood! More gore!"

Nella moves closer to the fiery hole that is the entrance to the hypogeum. The flames are incredibly hot. Once there, she uses her wand to cast bless on the team.

Cirri flies out of the cloud of obscuring mist and recognizes that the erinyes cast fear on Obtrivi. Hovering over the inferno at the entrance of the hypogeum, she whacks the devil with her sparking quarterstaff.

Conditions:
Obscuring Mist - A stationary 20-ft. radius cloud appears (marked by yellow squares on the map). The vapor obscures all sight, including darkvision, beyond 5 feet. A creature 5 feet away has concealment (attacks have a 20% miss chance). Creatures farther away have total concealment (50% miss chance, and the attacker cannot use sight to locate the target).
Bless - Allies granted a +1 morale bonus on Attack rolls and saves vs fear.
Crowd’s Favor - Allies granted a +2 morale bonus on attack and damage rolls until the end of Obtrivi’s next turn.

Map & Images

Round 1/2
Bold
may act.

Obtrivi (DC19 Will Save)
Alexander
Cirri & Riddywhipple
---
Pink Erinyes (-61)
---
Nella
Erlathan
Alden

Erlathan and Alden, then Obtrivi and Alexander, you're up!

Dark Archive

PFS #76925-14 LN Male Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 6 / HellKnight 2 HP: 82/82| AC: 22/12/21 | Fort: +9| Ref: +5| Will: +5| Init: +1| Perc: +9| CMB: +8 +6 Vs Disarm| CMD: 20 +3 vs Disarm| Ada.H.Flail: +16;1d10+11| Longbow:+9;1d8| Reliable Strike 1/day
Skills:
Acrobatics:+1| Appraise:+2| Bluff:+1| Climb:-2| Diplo:+2| Inti: +9| Kn.(Dun/Eng/Loc/Pla/Reli): +10| Kn.(Noble/His): +3| Linguis:+4| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -4| Survival: +6| Swim: +3|

Alden Taunts the erinye from where he stands.
"Ah! All for the glory of Hell but it seems that you can't pull your own weight you disgrace! Why not surrender lest you suffer the same fate as your companion."

Intimidate 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

Sovereign Court

CG Elf Arcanist 8 | HP: 58/58 | AC: 13 (T: 13, F: 10) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +9 | Perc: +11 | Speed 30 | Arcane Reservoir remaining: 7/11 | Low-light vision | Reroll | Conditions: Sickened

"Erinyes? How about erinno?" Erlathan mocks. "Seems you all have done such a great job slowing these devils down, friends, so I will save my more powerful arcana for a little later," Erlathan points his two-headed quarterstaff of entwined serpents forth, and looses two snake-shape force missiles at the devil.

SoES: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (3, 3) + 2 = 8

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

Alden's disembodied voice sounds from within the mist. Though he's certain the fury heard him, he can't be sure if it had any effect.

As far as Obtrivi, Nella, and Cirri can see, the erinyes seems unmoved by the hellknight's threat.

A second later, Erlathan adds a garnish of taunting pun to Alden's attempt to intimidate the fiend. Then the arcanist moves out of the mist, and once he can see his target, dispatches two magic missiles from his quarterstaff of entwined serpents. The bolts of arcane force fizzle before they can harm the erinyes.
CL vs SR: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

Conditions:
Obscuring Mist - A stationary 20-ft. radius cloud appears (marked by yellow squares on the map). The vapor obscures all sight, including darkvision, beyond 5 feet. A creature 5 feet away has concealment (attacks have a 20% miss chance). Creatures farther away have total concealment (50% miss chance, and the attacker cannot use sight to locate the target).
Bless - Allies granted a +1 morale bonus on Attack rolls and saves vs fear.
Crowd’s Favor - Allies granted a +2 morale bonus on attack and damage rolls until the end of Obtrivi’s next turn.

Map & Images

Round 2
Bold
may act.

Obtrivi (DC19 Will Save)
Alexander
Cirri & Riddywhipple
---
Pink Erinyes (-61)
---
Nella
Erlathan
Alden

Obtrivi and Alexander, you're up!

Grand Lodge

Ifirit Unchained Barbarian 3/ Fighter 2/Techslinger 1/ Horizon Walker 4: HP 101/101 AC21 FF18 T13 Int +9 (+4 in Urban/Desert +2 in )Fort 15 Reflex 9 Will 3/ FireR 10/ Aligned CG

will: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

ARRRRRRRRRRRRGH! he runs away

Dark Archive

M Human- Chelaxian LN Inquisitor-8 (Sanctified Slayer of Asmodeus), HP 67, AC 23 (touch 12, ff 21), Init +4. Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +9.

Alexander takes aim once again- letting arrows fly while maintaining Bane.

Ranged Attack #1 with MW Longbow: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18
Ranged Attack #2 with MW Longbow: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Damage Attack #1: 1d8 + 2 + 4 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 4 + 2 + (3, 2) = 18
Damage Attack #2: 1d8 + 2 + 4 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 4 + 2 + (4, 5) = 19

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

Alexander, you're still in the obscuring mist. You can move 10 feet and get a clear line of sight to the erinyes's new position, but you'll only get off one attack. If that's what you want to do, I'll use the first attack and first damage rolls.

Dark Archive

M Human- Chelaxian LN Inquisitor-8 (Sanctified Slayer of Asmodeus), HP 67, AC 23 (touch 12, ff 21), Init +4. Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +9.

Let's move out of the mist and take just one attack.

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

Panicked, Obtrivi drops his chainsaw and runs away in fear from the scary devil.

Alexander moves out of the mist, takes aim at the fiend and looses an arrow that whistles past its black-stained wings.

The erinyes flies a few feet away from Cirri and calls up unholy power to smite her enemies. The power takes the form of a cold, cloying miasma of greasy darkness that envelops Erlathan, Alexander, Alden, and Nella.

Spellcraft DC19:

Will DC19 or:
The spell deals 5d8 ⇒ (1, 3, 1, 6, 2) = 13 points of damage to a good creature (or 10d6 ⇒ (5, 1, 6, 4, 3, 1, 1, 6, 6, 3) = 36 to a good outsider) and causes it to be sickened for 1d4 ⇒ 1 rounds. A successful Will save reduces damage to half and negates the sickened effect. The effects cannot be negated by remove disease or heal, but remove curse is effective.
The spell deals only half damage to creatures who are neither evil nor good, and they are not sickened. Such a creature can reduce the damage by half again (down to one-quarter) with a successful Will save.

Conditions:
Obscuring Mist - A stationary 20-ft. radius cloud appears (marked by yellow squares on the map). The vapor obscures all sight, including darkvision, beyond 5 feet. A creature 5 feet away has concealment (attacks have a 20% miss chance). Creatures farther away have total concealment (50% miss chance, and the attacker cannot use sight to locate the target).
Bless - Allies granted a +1 morale bonus on Attack rolls and saves vs fear.
Crowd’s Favor - Allies granted a +2 morale bonus on attack and damage rolls until the end of Obtrivi’s next turn.

Map & Images

Round 2/3
Bold
may act.

Obtrivi (Panicked for 12 rounds.)
Alexander
Cirri & Riddywhipple
---
Pink Erinyes (-61)
---
Nella
Erlathan
Alden

Nella, Erlathan, and Alden, then Obtrivi, Alexander, and Cirri, you're up!

Grand Lodge

Cirri's Familiar | Spells -/6/3/4 | Arcane Pool 9/10 | Flight Hex minutes 7/9 (Active) | GM Folio Reroll +2 | HP 75/78 | AC 25, T 13, FF 24 | Saves 6/7/7 | CMD 24 (26 vs trip) | Perception +7 | Init +1 | Female Human Magus 9 | Alignment NG |Mirror Image (7 images) 9 minutes | Ward on Ingrge

DC 15 Fly check to hover to get a 5 ft step: 1d20 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 9 + 4 = 20

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24
"Unholy Blight. Be careful, Nella!"

Cirri continues to fly after the devil and swings twice with her electric staff.

All of my buffs: Bull's Strength, Arcane Strike, Bless, Crowd's Favor
+3 Quarterstaff: 1d20 + 14 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 14 + 1 + 2 = 19
Bludgeoning Damage: 1d6 + 7 + 3 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 3 + 2 + 2 = 15
Electric Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3

+3 Quarterstaff: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 1 + 2 = 16
Bludgeoning Damage: 1d6 + 7 + 3 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 3 + 2 + 2 = 15
Electric Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5

In all the excitement Cirri almost drops her staff. Dicebot plz

Silver Crusade

HP: 59/59 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 16 l F +9, R +6, W +11 l Adoration (7/7), Channel Energy (5/5), Clarifying Channel (1/1), Inspired (1/1), Resistant Touch (7/7) l L1: 5/5, D1: 1/1, L2: 4/4, D2: 1/1, L3: 2/3, D3: 1/1, L4: 2/2, D4: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +4
Skills:
Craft: Musical Instruments +10, Diplomacy +12, Heal +11, Kn. Arcana +5, Kn. History +6, Kn. Planes +8, Kn. Religion +11, Linguistics +5, Sense Motive +11, Spellcraft +5
Female NG Human Cleric (Ecclesitheurge) 7 l Active Conditions:

Spellcraft (DC 19): 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 5 - 4 = 10
Will (DC 19): 1d20 + 11 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 11 - 4 = 23

Although she can't actually confirm Cirri's words as to the spell that's just been cast, Nella manages to weather the worst of the magic in spite of the oppressive atmosphere.

"Grrr...I won't fall...to the likes of you," she hisses through gritted teeth. "Cirri! She's going into the quiet corner," Nella calls out as a warning before dropping the cone (sorta) of silence over the pair. Then she falls back a pace into the mist.
______________

Nella casts Silence to blanket the area indicated in blue~

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Ifirit Unchained Barbarian 3/ Fighter 2/Techslinger 1/ Horizon Walker 4: HP 101/101 AC21 FF18 T13 Int +9 (+4 in Urban/Desert +2 in )Fort 15 Reflex 9 Will 3/ FireR 10/ Aligned CG

The giant obtrivi cowers at the wall near the edge of the arena, huddling down and hiding his head.

I'm pretty much out of the fight now... just repeat this action until we're done or 12 rounds have passed. Least I killed one of the things for you. :(

Dark Archive

PFS #76925-14 LN Male Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 6 / HellKnight 2 HP: 82/82| AC: 22/12/21 | Fort: +9| Ref: +5| Will: +5| Init: +1| Perc: +9| CMB: +8 +6 Vs Disarm| CMD: 20 +3 vs Disarm| Ada.H.Flail: +16;1d10+11| Longbow:+9;1d8| Reliable Strike 1/day
Skills:
Acrobatics:+1| Appraise:+2| Bluff:+1| Climb:-2| Diplo:+2| Inti: +9| Kn.(Dun/Eng/Loc/Pla/Reli): +10| Kn.(Noble/His): +3| Linguis:+4| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -4| Survival: +6| Swim: +3|

I feel you, Obtrivi
Will Save VS DC 19 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Taken 6 damage.
Delay.

Alden feels the power of something familar washing over him and it brings him back to the days when he was just an acolyte in training for the discipline of war.

He waits to see if he can get a hit in......

Sovereign Court

CG Elf Arcanist 8 | HP: 58/58 | AC: 13 (T: 13, F: 10) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +9 | Perc: +11 | Speed 30 | Arcane Reservoir remaining: 7/11 | Low-light vision | Reroll | Conditions: Sickened

Will Save: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Erlathan lurches forward and bends his head down to avoid the miasma. "G-gah... It.. It stinks and feels of evil and all things bad!"

After he slightly recovers, he looks on at the erinyes with a flush of anger now filling his face. "Alright, at first I thought I'd fling nonstop missiles at you, but I suppose I must pull out something a touch more powerful."

His chin tentacles waggling, the elf conjures up a ball of pure electricity from above, and drops it on the erinyes' head.
SR: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
Lightning sphere (Versatile evocation), intense spells: 3d6 + 4 ⇒ (3, 6, 2) + 4 = 15
DC 21 Reflex negates

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

GM Screen:
Erinyes Reflex DC21: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16

From within the obscuring mist, Nella casts silence, targeting the general area where she'd heard the sounds of battle.

Alden huddles within the cloud of mist, wiping the evil miasma from his plate armor, and waiting for a more opportune moment to join the fray.

Erlathan conjures a sphere of crackling electricity, zapping the fiend squarely in her midriff.

In the sudden and total silence, Cirri pursues the fury, but can't connect with her quarterstaff.

Conditions:
Obscuring Mist - A stationary 20-ft. radius cloud appears (marked by yellow squares on the map). The vapor obscures all sight, including darkvision, beyond 5 feet. A creature 5 feet away has concealment (attacks have a 20% miss chance). Creatures farther away have total concealment (50% miss chance, and the attacker cannot use sight to locate the target).
Bless - Allies granted a +1 morale bonus on Attack rolls and saves vs fear.
Crowd’s Favor - Allies granted a +2 morale bonus on attack and damage rolls until the end of Obtrivi’s next turn.

Map & Images

Round 3
Bold
may act.

Obtrivi (Panicked for 11 more rounds.)
Alexander
Cirri & Riddywhipple
---
Pink Erinyes (-76)
---
Nella
Erlathan
Alden (-6; Delayed)

Alexander, you're up! (Alden may elect to come out of delay.)

Dark Archive

M Human- Chelaxian LN Inquisitor-8 (Sanctified Slayer of Asmodeus), HP 67, AC 23 (touch 12, ff 21), Init +4. Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +9.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Will Save: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

Undaunted by the magical energies the devil has deployed against him, Alexander feels confident in his ability to defeat this foe.

"Foul creature... you shall not live to see another hellish day!"

continue Bane (3rd round)- 2 more cold iron arrows.

Ranged Attack 1: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 9 + 2 + 2 = 18
Ranged Attack 2: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 2 + 2 = 12
Damage RA 1: 1d8 + 4 + 2 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 2 + 2 + (3, 5) = 22
Damage RA 2: 1d8 + 4 + 2 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 2 + 2 + (2, 1) = 17

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

Alexander draws and fires two more bane arrows at the erinyes, and both missiles miss his target.

The fury flies away from Cirri, banking hard right and diving to avoid her quarterstaff. Drawing her coil of rope as she flies away, she turns and tosses the infernal lasso at the magus. 15 feet above the arena's floor, the devil looks pleased to use the cloud of mist to conceal herself from the rest of her foes.
Acrobatics vs Cirri CMD 24: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (13) + 19 = 32
Rope vs Touch AC: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (15) + 15 = 30

Cirri Reflex DC20 or:

Conditions:
Obscuring Mist - A stationary 20-ft. radius cloud appears (marked by yellow squares on the map). The vapor obscures all sight, including darkvision, beyond 5 feet. A creature 5 feet away has concealment (attacks have a 20% miss chance). Creatures farther away have total concealment (50% miss chance, and the attacker cannot use sight to locate the target).
Bless - Allies granted a +1 morale bonus on Attack rolls and saves vs fear.
Crowd’s Favor - Allies granted a +2 morale bonus on attack and damage rolls until the end of Obtrivi’s next turn.

Map & Images

Round 3/4
Bold
may act.

Obtrivi (Panicked for 11 more rounds.)
Alexander (-6)
Cirri & Riddywhipple (Cirri: Reflex DC20)
---
Pink Erinyes (-76)
---
Nella
Erlathan
Alden
(-6)

Nella, Erlathan and Alden, then Obtrivi, Alexander, and Cirri, you're up!

Dark Archive

PFS #76925-14 LN Male Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 6 / HellKnight 2 HP: 82/82| AC: 22/12/21 | Fort: +9| Ref: +5| Will: +5| Init: +1| Perc: +9| CMB: +8 +6 Vs Disarm| CMD: 20 +3 vs Disarm| Ada.H.Flail: +16;1d10+11| Longbow:+9;1d8| Reliable Strike 1/day
Skills:
Acrobatics:+1| Appraise:+2| Bluff:+1| Climb:-2| Diplo:+2| Inti: +9| Kn.(Dun/Eng/Loc/Pla/Reli): +10| Kn.(Noble/His): +3| Linguis:+4| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -4| Survival: +6| Swim: +3|

Alden considers the situation for the moment and makes a choice.

He strides forward to the cowering Obtrivi....
"Get a hold of yourself...."
The plan. Take my ring off and put it on him....Do rings have the 24hr requirement?

Grand Lodge

Ifirit Unchained Barbarian 3/ Fighter 2/Techslinger 1/ Horizon Walker 4: HP 101/101 AC21 FF18 T13 Int +9 (+4 in Urban/Desert +2 in )Fort 15 Reflex 9 Will 3/ FireR 10/ Aligned CG

Holy BLEEP no they don't and that ring is awesome I NEED one of my own after this if only to pass to others to use on Obtrivi if he gets in this sort of situation again.

Obtrivi whimpers as the ring is placed on him... then blinks in suprise. The Growls.

Obtrivi no like scary lady. Obtrivi CRUSH scary lady!

With that, Obtrivi strides forward, picking up his massive chainsaw as he grits his teeth in anger....[/b]

I'll need a round to turn it back on and get into position, if someone can cast fly on me for action economy that'd be helpful, then I won't have to waste time drawing a potion and drinking. Or trying to jump it.

Grand Lodge

Cirri's Familiar | Spells -/6/3/4 | Arcane Pool 9/10 | Flight Hex minutes 7/9 (Active) | GM Folio Reroll +2 | HP 75/78 | AC 25, T 13, FF 24 | Saves 6/7/7 | CMD 24 (26 vs trip) | Perception +7 | Init +1 | Female Human Magus 9 | Alignment NG |Mirror Image (7 images) 9 minutes | Ward on Ingrge

Cirri is so upset she can't hit this stupid devil. She needs to get motivated. Action face!

Does the rope ignore concealment? I have Displacement active, so I should have a 50% concealment chance.
Hit chance, 51+ is a hit: 1d100 ⇒ 36

But the rope flies by...

And misses due to concealment:

Cirri is glad for her magical preparation. She flies over to bop the erinyes once more...

All of my buffs: Bull's Strength, Arcane Strike, Bless, Crowd's Favor. And I'm charging.
+3 Quarterstaff: 1d20 + 14 + 1 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 14 + 1 + 2 + 2 = 31
Bludgeoning Damage: 1d6 + 7 + 3 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 3 + 2 + 2 = 20
Electric Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5

AC is 20 for this round.

Or it hits anyway:

Reflex Save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19 Sigh
But first, the rope entangles her. Cirri promptly lands before she falls into the blazing inferno.

Dark Archive

M Human- Chelaxian LN Inquisitor-8 (Sanctified Slayer of Asmodeus), HP 67, AC 23 (touch 12, ff 21), Init +4. Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +9.

Alexander becomes enraged, "ENOUGH OF THIS!"

Swift Action- Studied Target. Alexander moves to confront the devil.

As a Standard Action- Alexander invokes his Domain Power- Dispelling Touch (as Dispel Magic) at 8th level vs. the Obscuring Mist.

Dispel: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

"As I true servant of Hell... I will not be mocked by the likes of you!"

Grand Lodge

Cirri's Familiar | Spells -/6/3/4 | Arcane Pool 9/10 | Flight Hex minutes 7/9 (Active) | GM Folio Reroll +2 | HP 75/78 | AC 25, T 13, FF 24 | Saves 6/7/7 | CMD 24 (26 vs trip) | Perception +7 | Init +1 | Female Human Magus 9 | Alignment NG |Mirror Image (7 images) 9 minutes | Ward on Ingrge

But that's my cloud... Cirri shrugs. "Keep that go face on while we bash her back to Hell, Alex." Cirri pauses midswing. "Wait."

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

(Thanks for the reminder about your displacement spell. In the future, the GM will roll miss chances for the party's foes.)

The fury's rope misses Cirri, thanks to her displacement spell.

Alden emerges from the cloud and heads for the panicked Obtrivi, holding out a ring to the cowering warrior. (After the double-move, Alden can place the ring on Obtrivi next round. And then Obtrivi can take whatever actions he'd like, as normal.)

Frustrated by the obscuring mist, Alexander dispels it.

Cirri pursues the erinyes, clobbers her with her quarterstaff, and the fury falls to the ground, unconscious.
Falling damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Conditions:
Bless - Allies granted a +1 morale bonus on Attack rolls and saves vs fear.

Map & Images

Round 3/4
Bold
may act.

Obtrivi (Panicked for 11 more rounds.)
Alexander (-6)
Cirri & Riddywhipple
---
Pink Erinyes (-102)
---
Nella
Erlathan

Alden (-6)

Nella and Erlathan, then Obtrivi, you're up!

101 to 150 of 608 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Lorenzo's #10-08: What Prestige is Worth (Tiers 7-11) - OUTPOST II All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.