GM ShadowLord's Ironfang Invasion

Game Master The Rising Phoenix

CHAPTER 2 - FANGS OF WAR

Roll 20

LOOT!


3,001 to 3,050 of 3,224 << first < prev | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | next > last >>

DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

In order to get a view of the interior of the courtyard, you would have had to move to where you are now. They were hidden in the rocks and not able to be seen from the other side. Additionally, they beat your stealth check. If you want I will back your tokens up a bit, but you wouldn't have been able to see anything from outside of the rubble.


Character Sheet - Female Blightscarred Half-Elf Druid(Nature Fang) 5| HP: 36/36 NL: | AC:18(B:20) FF:13(B:15) T:15 CMD:19 | Ref:7 Fort:6 Will:7 | Init:7 | Perception: 12 (Low light vision, Darkvision 60ft, Blight Sense 30ft)

So there is a large pile of rubble we'b have to climb over, it isn't a hole the wall? That would definitely change the approach. Caspan described being 30-60ft behind Selde and I was definitely picturing being out further, closer to where the rest of the party is in distance.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Okay, no problem. II made an assumption you would get closer to see something on the inside. I can’t take back the information I already said you saw, but if you are staying out of the rubble you wouldn’t see anything from the outside. ’ll fix things later tonight once I’m back home. Just cancel the encounter and I’ll set it back up later. No combat for now the . Go eat some turkey!


Male human brawler 5 54 hp | AC 18 / T 12 / FF 16) 25% chance to negate crits | CMB: +9* CMD: 21* | F: +7, R: +6, W: +1 | Per +8 | Init +2

10-4. Happy Thanksgiving, all.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

I've cleared the encounter. Selde is now outside of the fort and Caspan is 60' behind her. They hear sounds of a revel inside, but have no direct line of sight past the trees and rubble from their position.
Please proceed.


Character Sheet - Female Blightscarred Half-Elf Druid(Nature Fang) 5| HP: 36/36 NL: | AC:18(B:20) FF:13(B:15) T:15 CMD:19 | Ref:7 Fort:6 Will:7 | Init:7 | Perception: 12 (Low light vision, Darkvision 60ft, Blight Sense 30ft)

Seeing the wall blocked, Selde continued to circle the fort. Keeping a lookout for any signs of a watch and hobgoblins.

circle the fort then return to the party for an update.


Male human brawler 5 54 hp | AC 18 / T 12 / FF 16) 25% chance to negate crits | CMB: +9* CMD: 21* | F: +7, R: +6, W: +1 | Per +8 | Init +2

Caspan follows her, waiting for someone to notice them.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Selde and Caspan circle the entire fort which takes them nearly forty-five minutes as they take their time and try to remain out of sight.. Aside from the crumbled wall on the north side, the only other possible entrance into the building is a pair of double doors on the western side, one of which is open a few inches.

Eventually the duo makes their way back north and rejoins the group.

GM:

1d20 ⇒ 10
1d20 ⇒ 11

The Exchange

Human Wizard 5 | HP 37/37 | AC 16; Tch 11; FF 15 | F +4; R +3; W +5 | CMB +1; CMD 12 | Speed 30 ft | Init +5 | mwk Quarterstaff: +2 (1d6-1) | Perc +7

"What transpired?" Thael asks, seeing that Selde and Capan came back in a hurry.

Sorry for the slow posting--I'll probably remain slow through Monday.


Male human brawler 5 54 hp | AC 18 / T 12 / FF 16) 25% chance to negate crits | CMB: +9* CMD: 21* | F: +7, R: +6, W: +1 | Per +8 | Init +2

"Nothing. Couldn't see a thing in there. For all I know, there are a bunch of little old man fairies dancing around and braiding each other's hair," Caspan replies with a shrug. "One entrance looks equivocable to the other one."


Character Sheet - Female Blightscarred Half-Elf Druid(Nature Fang) 5| HP: 36/36 NL: | AC:18(B:20) FF:13(B:15) T:15 CMD:19 | Ref:7 Fort:6 Will:7 | Init:7 | Perception: 12 (Low light vision, Darkvision 60ft, Blight Sense 30ft)

"Sounds of revelry and no guards. I'm not certain what is going on but I don't like it...I don't think the Rangers hold this fort, I think we should leave." Selde said softly.


Male human brawler 5 54 hp | AC 18 / T 12 / FF 16) 25% chance to negate crits | CMB: +9* CMD: 21* | F: +7, R: +6, W: +1 | Per +8 | Init +2

"If it's the hobs, let's teach 'em a lesson, like we did for their last camp," Caspan disagrees.


Portrait Male Human Cleric of Erastil 5 | hp: 33/33 | Init +2 |AC 20 Touch 13 FF 18 CMD 17| F: +5 R: +3 W: +7 | Perc +4 | Channels: 2/6 SWA: 8/8

Emil calls Abby over to the group discussing next steps. "Abby, are you familiar with this fort? What'd ya make o' the situation? Would the rangers be holdin' a celebration when their defensive wall's been breached?"

For his own two copper's worth, Emil offers, "It seems ta me, the hobgoblins may've attacked an' breached the wall. But if'n the rangers defeated 'em after that, they'd not be havin' a party while the wall was broken down. An hobgoblins don't seem the type ta party. Their leadership seems ta keep the soldiers on a purty short leash. I think we need ta see who holds the fort. There might be rangers held prisoner or 'haps the rangers've been ensorcled or given drugs. Even if we don't want ta fight 'em, we need ta know who they are an' if'n they pose us a threat or might be allies. An if they're partyin', they might not be hard to observe or defeat if they are wantin' a fight."


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Aubrin shakes her head no. "I've not been to this Fort before, nor do I know it's name, but Emil has the right of it. The Rangers would be toiling to fix that wall and not celebrating instead while their position was vulnerable. Something is definitely not right here."


Character Sheet - Female Blightscarred Half-Elf Druid(Nature Fang) 5| HP: 36/36 NL: | AC:18(B:20) FF:13(B:15) T:15 CMD:19 | Ref:7 Fort:6 Will:7 | Init:7 | Perception: 12 (Low light vision, Darkvision 60ft, Blight Sense 30ft)
Quote:
"If it's the hobs, let's teach 'em a lesson, like we did for their last camp," Caspan disagrees.

"That was to protect the group, attacking this fort puts them in danger. We've already been in combat today and expended a great deal of magic. Whatever is going on that fort is not heavily defended by Rangers, and Hobgoblins are, in the least, nearby. We should keep going to one of the other locations the giant gave us."


Female Halfling | Psychic (Faith) 5 | AC (17 with Mage Armor)14/13/12| HP 31/31 | Init.+4 | Perc.+11 | CMD 12| F+4, R+5, W+8(+2 vs Fear) | SenseMotive+6 | Phrenic Pool 4 points/day

”I can’t help thinking there might be Rangers held prisoner in there. If we don’t try and help them, we might be sealing their fate. I vote we so check things out further in there, I guess, even though it will be dangerous.,” Wren pipes up, trying to forget about how she almost got the group in trouble in the caves just a day or two prior under the same circumstances.


Portrait Male Human Cleric of Erastil 5 | hp: 33/33 | Init +2 |AC 20 Touch 13 FF 18 CMD 17| F: +5 R: +3 W: +7 | Perc +4 | Channels: 2/6 SWA: 8/8

"Let's retreat ta a defensible position where we kin camp fer the night, if'n need be. Then let's us," Emil gestures to the main fighting group, "return and see better what is here. We might do well to strike while they're drunk, if there're not too many. This fort may be breached, but I'll wager there'll be safe places we could hide fer the short term that's less exposed than campin' or traveling fer days more."


Male human brawler 5 54 hp | AC 18 / T 12 / FF 16) 25% chance to negate crits | CMB: +9* CMD: 21* | F: +7, R: +6, W: +1 | Per +8 | Init +2

Caspan nods, thinking the old man is making sense. I like that plan a lot. We should also supplement our watch with a few of our refugees.

The Exchange

Human Wizard 5 | HP 37/37 | AC 16; Tch 11; FF 15 | F +4; R +3; W +5 | CMB +1; CMD 12 | Speed 30 ft | Init +5 | mwk Quarterstaff: +2 (1d6-1) | Perc +7

Thael agrees with the plan to rest, given how many of his own spells he had already expended.

"We should make each place we find safer than we left it. Furthermore, we have yet to find out where the rangers are. If any are held captive, this could be our chance to determine how many remain and where they are located."


Character Sheet - Female Blightscarred Half-Elf Druid(Nature Fang) 5| HP: 36/36 NL: | AC:18(B:20) FF:13(B:15) T:15 CMD:19 | Ref:7 Fort:6 Will:7 | Init:7 | Perception: 12 (Low light vision, Darkvision 60ft, Blight Sense 30ft)

Selde nodded in agreement with Father Emil. "A sensible plan, let's find a place to camp then."


Female Aasimar | Paladin (Chosen One) 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 19 | T 12 | FF 17| CMD 19 | Fort +9 | Ref +7 | Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc +9 (Darkvision) | Portrait |
Languages:
Celestial, Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Goblin, Halfling, Hallit, Orc, Sylvan, Terran

Having spent most of her divine healing on the earlier fights Jillian agrees with the others "We need to clear this place and make sure there aren't any rangers, but we aren't in the best shape to fight. I agree we should rest and then check the place in the morning."


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

The group retreats back towards the others, making sure to get well out of range of the fort and its strange inhabitants. Watch is established and supplemented with more of the other survivors who are slowly being trained in the ways of their new lifestyle. You bump into the giant Herge again and Jillian convinces her to stay the night to help watch over your group.

Trouble?: 100 = 100

Dawn arrives without anything terrible befalling the party during the evening. Herge reports nothing strange occurred during the night and she saw no signs of hobgoblins.

Next day. Please tell me how you are approaching and what your plan is before you head in.


Character Sheet - Female Blightscarred Half-Elf Druid(Nature Fang) 5| HP: 36/36 NL: | AC:18(B:20) FF:13(B:15) T:15 CMD:19 | Ref:7 Fort:6 Will:7 | Init:7 | Perception: 12 (Low light vision, Darkvision 60ft, Blight Sense 30ft)

After a long day of battle and travel, Selde was glad to finally make camp. However, the numerous dead rangers and the suspicious situation at the fort weighed heavily on her mind. She simply could not shake the fear that the Hobgoblins had already penetrated deep in to the Fangwood, that all was already lost. She went through chores and dinner in a haze, her body running automatically while her mind raced. Watch gave her a distraction from her thoughts, but little relief as she stood on edge waiting for attack. Selde returned to bed tired and sore. Resting her head on Mia's chest and cuddling tight, the tension of the day finally relaxed as Selde sank in to the softness and the warmth.

---

Despite the rough day, Selde awoke rested. Giving Mia a deep kiss, Selde rose and began her preparations. With a possible assault upcoming, Selde prepared magic for combat.

Selde will cast Eagle Eye and Barkskin as we approach the Fort. Eagle Eye gives Selde a 360 degree roatating sensor she can send up to 600ft above her(unaffected by foliage). Use the overhead view to help us sneak up to and around the fort. Unless the doors looked open I say we try the opening in the wall. I was going to suggest grappling hooks but I don't think we have any.


Male human brawler 5 54 hp | AC 18 / T 12 / FF 16) 25% chance to negate crits | CMB: +9* CMD: 21* | F: +7, R: +6, W: +1 | Per +8 | Init +2

"Can the bird give us any hint what's in there?" Caspan suddenly remembers to ask, thinking maybe it would have more success than he, Selde and the moose did.

He has no special preparations to make, but looks around at the others.

"Someone was good enough to make a hole for us, so I say we go in that way," he suggests.


Female Halfling | Psychic (Faith) 5 | AC (17 with Mage Armor)14/13/12| HP 31/31 | Init.+4 | Perc.+11 | CMD 12| F+4, R+5, W+8(+2 vs Fear) | SenseMotive+6 | Phrenic Pool 4 points/day

Wren casts Mage Armor, hoping her spell would keep her relatively safe. ”If anyone wants to head forth to be sure the way is clear, remember, I can cast Silence one a pebble and let you carry it with you. They wont hear a thing,” Wten says, quite proud of the new ability she discovered recently.


Female Aasimar | Paladin (Chosen One) 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 19 | T 12 | FF 17| CMD 19 | Fort +9 | Ref +7 | Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc +9 (Darkvision) | Portrait |
Languages:
Celestial, Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Goblin, Halfling, Hallit, Orc, Sylvan, Terran

Jillian nods to Caspan, but when Wren mentions her ability to make something silent Jillian asks "Does that encompass an area, your spell?"

GM noted that one of the doors was open. I would suggest we approach from the door side, not the rubble. I can have Hunter scout but with Selde's spell it doesn't sound like that is necessary. In any case, I think if we are going to use Silence we should all move up together for the added benefit.


Female Halfling | Psychic (Faith) 5 | AC (17 with Mage Armor)14/13/12| HP 31/31 | Init.+4 | Perc.+11 | CMD 12| F+4, R+5, W+8(+2 vs Fear) | SenseMotive+6 | Phrenic Pool 4 points/day

”It’s pretty good sized area of silence. About 20’ each way from the item that I cast it on!”

20’ radius.

The Exchange

Human Wizard 5 | HP 37/37 | AC 16; Tch 11; FF 15 | F +4; R +3; W +5 | CMB +1; CMD 12 | Speed 30 ft | Init +5 | mwk Quarterstaff: +2 (1d6-1) | Perc +7

"I can turn someone invisible for a short duration--perhaps half a minute," Thael offers. "Unfortunately, only one individual."


Character Sheet - Female Blightscarred Half-Elf Druid(Nature Fang) 5| HP: 36/36 NL: | AC:18(B:20) FF:13(B:15) T:15 CMD:19 | Ref:7 Fort:6 Will:7 | Init:7 | Perception: 12 (Low light vision, Darkvision 60ft, Blight Sense 30ft)

Silence for stealth , drone vision to help navigate, stick together, approach the door, invisibility in case we need it. Anything else?


Male human brawler 5 54 hp | AC 18 / T 12 / FF 16) 25% chance to negate crits | CMB: +9* CMD: 21* | F: +7, R: +6, W: +1 | Per +8 | Init +2

Sounds good to me. Don't forget also we have Stealth Synergy. I know the GM is off to Philly, but let's all roll so he can move us forawrd when he returns.

Stealth: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

Caspan moves forward, pleased at just how quiet he's being -- he can't hear a thing. He grunts, but is it really a grunt if no one's able to hear it.


Character Sheet - Female Blightscarred Half-Elf Druid(Nature Fang) 5| HP: 36/36 NL: | AC:18(B:20) FF:13(B:15) T:15 CMD:19 | Ref:7 Fort:6 Will:7 | Init:7 | Perception: 12 (Low light vision, Darkvision 60ft, Blight Sense 30ft)

Stealth: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (20) + 14 = 34
Perception; 360 vision up to 600ft in the air, Low light vision, Darkvision 60ft, Blight Sense 30ft: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28

And we have a 20 for our stealth check!


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

The plan is to have Selde use Eagle eye, Jillian to send Hunter up and to advance to the front gate, yes?


Female Halfling | Psychic (Faith) 5 | AC (17 with Mage Armor)14/13/12| HP 31/31 | Init.+4 | Perc.+11 | CMD 12| F+4, R+5, W+8(+2 vs Fear) | SenseMotive+6 | Phrenic Pool 4 points/day

And Wren cast Silence as well.

Stealth 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23


Female Aasimar | Paladin (Chosen One) 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 19 | T 12 | FF 17| CMD 19 | Fort +9 | Ref +7 | Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc +9 (Darkvision) | Portrait |
Languages:
Celestial, Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Goblin, Halfling, Hallit, Orc, Sylvan, Terran

[ooc]Won't send Hunter if Selde mentions her spell. She will stay back a bit though (within one move action) to try and help the more stealthy folks succeed.[ooc]

Stealth: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15

Jillian does her best to move quietly along with the others but isn't nearly as quiet with her heavy armor, she watches where they move and takes the same path to avoid making anymore noise than is necessary.


Character Sheet - Female Blightscarred Half-Elf Druid(Nature Fang) 5| HP: 36/36 NL: | AC:18(B:20) FF:13(B:15) T:15 CMD:19 | Ref:7 Fort:6 Will:7 | Init:7 | Perception: 12 (Low light vision, Darkvision 60ft, Blight Sense 30ft)

Correct, Eagle Eye and front gate. Don't forget Stealth Synergy let's you use Selde's 20 for your stealth role. Caspan:24, Wren:27, Jillian:19, Thael:24, Emil:21, Selde:34.


Male human brawler 5 54 hp | AC 18 / T 12 / FF 16) 25% chance to negate crits | CMB: +9* CMD: 21* | F: +7, R: +6, W: +1 | Per +8 | Init +2

Caspan gives a meaningful look to Jillian as she steps on a stick, even if he can't hear it snap.

The Exchange

Human Wizard 5 | HP 37/37 | AC 16; Tch 11; FF 15 | F +4; R +3; W +5 | CMB +1; CMD 12 | Speed 30 ft | Init +5 | mwk Quarterstaff: +2 (1d6-1) | Perc +7

Thael moves forward with the others, surprised they can be as quiet as they are given their sizable group.

I hope this goes well--


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Selde casts her spell that gives her an aerial sensor which she pushes up into the air, well above their head. Following Selde's lead, the party begins to quietly sneak towards the front entrance.

Looking down at the area near the front gate, there is a large section of overgrowth of plants where a tree has fallen about twenty feet in front of the closed door. On the other side of the large open door is a stack of stones that are leaning against it. Much of the open courtyard beyond the gates is now empty, the revelers having disappeared are no longer visible.


Male human brawler 5 54 hp | AC 18 / T 12 / FF 16) 25% chance to negate crits | CMB: +9* CMD: 21* | F: +7, R: +6, W: +1 | Per +8 | Init +2

"Looks like some sort of trap," Caspan grunts. "Just not a very good one. Probably kobolds. Maybe we should try going through the other way?"

Of course, he realizes after a few moments of silence that no one can hear him. He frowns, and start pointing frantically toward the hole in the wall, in case anyone doesn't want to get caught in the trap.


Female Aasimar | Paladin (Chosen One) 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 19 | T 12 | FF 17| CMD 19 | Fort +9 | Ref +7 | Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc +9 (Darkvision) | Portrait |
Languages:
Celestial, Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Goblin, Halfling, Hallit, Orc, Sylvan, Terran

Jillian has no idea what Caspan is pointing at, but sees the mess ahead. She approaches cautiously to give things a look.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

Assuming she doesn't see anything of concern she will advance inside to look around.


Female Halfling | Psychic (Faith) 5 | AC (17 with Mage Armor)14/13/12| HP 31/31 | Init.+4 | Perc.+11 | CMD 12| F+4, R+5, W+8(+2 vs Fear) | SenseMotive+6 | Phrenic Pool 4 points/day

Caspan wants us to go through the hole, Wren thinks, seeing the gesture. She waits for Jillian or Selde to confirm the way was safe before the went throuh, not wanting to be the first target, if things got bad. She grinned at him and flashed him a thumb’s up gesture, as his sign was clearly understood.


Character Sheet - Female Blightscarred Half-Elf Druid(Nature Fang) 5| HP: 36/36 NL: | AC:18(B:20) FF:13(B:15) T:15 CMD:19 | Ref:7 Fort:6 Will:7 | Init:7 | Perception: 12 (Low light vision, Darkvision 60ft, Blight Sense 30ft)

Is Nur able to get past?

Selde went forward cautiously, on the lookout for any threats.

Perception; Low light vision, Darkvision 60ft, Blight Sense 30ft: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

The party cautiously moves to the door to take a look. Jillian and Selde both examine the door and determine that these rocks aren't here to prevent the door from being opened. In fact, it's quite the opposite. These rocks are here as a warning symbol for when the door is opening. They can tell that if the door is moved any further, the rocks will tumble and shatter several vases and other glass items stacked precariously on top of the rocks, functioning as a crude alarm system.

Before they can discuss the matter however, there is an eruption of noise in the plants nearby. Two strange plants that consist of four spidery stalks with long green tendrils and an inverted bell-shaped cap filled with spores begin to wave about. The first releases a cloud of greenish spores in the air that suddenly fills the entire area all aroudn you. Everyone make a DC16 Fort check. If you fail roll a D6 and consult the table below for your action/effect. This is a hallucination effect.

Failed save:
1) You’re sinking in quicksand! Fall prone and spend 1 round flailing your arms and legs as if trying to swim.
2) Attacked by a swarm of spiders! Spend a full round action to attack the floor near you with your weapon.
3) An item you hold has turned into a viper! Drop it and flee from the item at top speed for 1 round.
4) You’re suffocating! Stand in place, hold your breath, and clutch at your throat for 1 round.
5) You’ve shrunk to 1/10th your normal size! Take no actions for 1 round and monsters won’t see you.
6) You’re melting! Grasp hold of yourself in an attempt to hold yourself together, and take no actions for 1 round.

The second plant slams its body into Thael. Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12 + DC16 Fort save or take 1d2 ⇒ 2 CON damage as the spores take hold inside of your flesh.

R1: Plants, Selde, Thael, Wren, Father Emil, Jillian, Caspan

GM:

Perception: Caspan: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Perception: Thael: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Perception: Wren: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
Perception: Selde: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
Perception: Jillian: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Perception: Father Emil: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

Init: Caspan: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Init: Father Emil: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Init: Jillian: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Init: Selde: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Init: Thael: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Init: Wren: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16


Female Aasimar | Paladin (Chosen One) 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 19 | T 12 | FF 17| CMD 19 | Fort +9 | Ref +7 | Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc +9 (Darkvision) | Portrait |
Languages:
Celestial, Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Goblin, Halfling, Hallit, Orc, Sylvan, Terran

Fort: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

Whatever the plants did doesn't seem to have an effect on Jillian. When she gets a chance she will move up to one of the plants and attack.

Attack, PA, FF: 1d20 + 11 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 11 - 2 + 2 = 27
Damage, PA: 2d6 + 4 + 6 ⇒ (1, 1) + 4 + 6 = 12

The Exchange

Human Wizard 5 | HP 37/37 | AC 16; Tch 11; FF 15 | F +4; R +3; W +5 | CMB +1; CMD 12 | Speed 30 ft | Init +5 | mwk Quarterstaff: +2 (1d6-1) | Perc +7

Thael is caught by surprise a the plants assault them. He breathes in some of the spores, then begins gasping and clutching at his throat as he can no longer breathe.

fort: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
bad stuff: 1d6 ⇒ 4
fort: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17 Do NOT take Con dmg, though. /phew!


Character Sheet - Female Blightscarred Half-Elf Druid(Nature Fang) 5| HP: 36/36 NL: | AC:18(B:20) FF:13(B:15) T:15 CMD:19 | Ref:7 Fort:6 Will:7 | Init:7 | Perception: 12 (Low light vision, Darkvision 60ft, Blight Sense 30ft)

Selde Fort Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Bad Stuff: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Nur Fort Save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

Selde coughed as she breathed in the spores. Her coughs soon turned to screams as she began grasping and pulling at herself. "MUI RÍV!"

Elvish:
My skin!


Male human brawler 5 54 hp | AC 18 / T 12 / FF 16) 25% chance to negate crits | CMB: +9* CMD: 21* | F: +7, R: +6, W: +1 | Per +8 | Init +2

Fortitude: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

Status:

HP 54/54
AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16, CMD 21 (+2 vs. dirty trick; +3 vs. trip); 25% chance to negate criticals
Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +1 (+2 resistance bonus to recover from a continuing effect)
Unbreakable Survivor (8 hp) 0/1
Martial Flexibility 0/5; knockout (DC 16) 0/1
Effects:

".............!" Caspan silently yells at the stupid trees as he closes on the one that just attacked Thael and punches it right in bells.

Assuming I need to move to get close, and hopefully can do that with Acrobatics.
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
Fist (Power Attack): 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 10 - 2 = 11
Damage: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11


Female Halfling | Psychic (Faith) 5 | AC (17 with Mage Armor)14/13/12| HP 31/31 | Init.+4 | Perc.+11 | CMD 12| F+4, R+5, W+8(+2 vs Fear) | SenseMotive+6 | Phrenic Pool 4 points/day

Fort save 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

If needed, 1d6 ⇒ 5

Wren looks around, seeing the gigantic Caspan move right by and almost step on her! She crouched down, doing her best to hide and protect herself from the suddenly gigantic group.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Just going to sit Emil out until he has a chance to return to posting.

Both Jillian and Caspan are unaffected by the spores and move up to attack the plants which are attacking them. Jillian lands her strike, but Caspan misses. Selde, Thael and Wren all fall victom to the hallucigenic spores. The plants retaliate and strike back at both attackers, injuring each.[/ooc]

New save for everyone each round. If you fail, roll d6 again.

Slam Caspan: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19 Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Slam Jillian: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23 Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

Both Caspan and Jillian need a DC16 Fort save or take 1d2 ⇒ 1 CON damage as the spores take hold inside of your flesh.

R2: Plants, Selde, Thael, Wren, Father Emil, Jillian, Caspan


Female Aasimar | Paladin (Chosen One) 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 19 | T 12 | FF 17| CMD 19 | Fort +9 | Ref +7 | Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc +9 (Darkvision) | Portrait |
Languages:
Celestial, Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Goblin, Halfling, Hallit, Orc, Sylvan, Terran

Fort-Hallucinations: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
Fort-Con: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

When the plant slams into her it feels like something is sapping the life out of her, she grits her teeth and levels her blade at the creature knowing she needs to put an end to this quickly. Seeing the others acting strange and not helping at all she shouts at them "What is the matter with you all! Help us kill these things!"

Not sure if this is a fear effect, but if it is everyone gets a +4 to their save

Attack, PE, FF: 1d20 + 10 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 10 - 2 + 2 = 16
Damage, PA: 2d6 + 4 + 6 ⇒ (5, 5) + 4 + 6 = 20

3,001 to 3,050 of 3,224 << first < prev | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM ShadowLord's Ironfang Invasion All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.