GM ShadowLord's Ironfang Invasion

Game Master The Rising Phoenix

CHAPTER 2 - FANGS OF WAR

Roll 20

LOOT!


3,051 to 3,100 of 3,548 << first < prev | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | next > last >>

Female Halfling | Psychic (Faith) 6 | AC (17 with Mage Armor)14/13/12| HP 37/37| Init.+4 | Perc.+12 | CMD 13 |F+4, R+5, W+9(+2 vs Fear) | SenseMotive+6 | Phrenic Pool 5 points/day

Fort save 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

Wren moves to the right of Thael and blasts away at the red tinged plant with a magic missile.

Damage 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (1, 1, 2) + 3 = 7


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

This is not a fear effect.

Jillian's strike comes up short as the plant quickly moves out of the way of her strike. Wren's three missiles all strike the reddish plant.


Character Sheet - Female Blightscarred Half-Elf Druid(Nature Fang) 6| HP: 42/42 NL: | AC:18(B:20) FF:13(B:15) T:15 CMD:20 | Ref:8 Fort:7 Will:8 | Init:7 | Perception: 12 (Low light vision, Darkvision 60ft, Blight Sense 30ft)

Selde Fort: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Bad Stuff: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Nur Fort: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

Selde remained in the spore's grips and continued to thrash about and scream. Between Selde's thrashing and the combat around him, Nur began to move away from the conflict.

Selde is out another round, Nur takes a double move action going behind Jillian.

The Exchange

Human Wizard 5 / Arcane Savant 1 | HP 44/44 | AC 16; Tch 11; FF 15 | F +4; R +3; W +6 | CMB +1; CMD 12 | Speed 30 ft | Init +5 | mwk Quarterstaff: +2 (1d6-1) | Perc +11

What's wrong?! I can't breathe!

Thael continues to grasp at his throat, unable to take another breath.

Fort: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
bad stuff: 1d6 ⇒ 4


Portrait Male Human Cleric of Erastil 6 | hp: 39/39 | Init +2 |AC 18 Touch 13 FF 16 CMD 17| F: +6 R: +4 W: +8 | Perc +4 | Channels: 6/6 SWA: 9/9 BA: 6/6
GM Shadowlord wrote:
Everyone make a DC16 Fort check. If you fail roll a D6 and consult the table below for your action/effect. This is a hallucination effect.

Emil: Fort: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

effect: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Pila: Fort: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
effect: 1d6 ⇒ 3

The spores take both Emil and Pila by surprise and each breathes them in. Emil drops his scythe as if it were a dangerous thing to be holding and, taking no heed of the vines attacking Thael, he darts away from the fort. Pila is similarly spooked by something and she runs away from the fort as well.

Emil has move 20 so he moves 40 feet if there is not difficult terrain in his path. Pila has move 50, so she scampers out to 100 feet. Does the effect continue until the save is made or is it just a round of effect?


Male human brawler 6 64 hp | AC 18 / T 12 / FF 16) 25% chance to negate crits | CMB: +10* CMD: 22* | F: +8, R: +7, W: +2 | Per +9 | Init +2

Fortitude vs. Con: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Fortitude vs. hallucinations: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

Quick stats:

HP 46/54
AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16, CMD 21 (+2 vs. dirty trick; +3 vs. trip); 25% chance to negate criticals
Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +1 (+2 resistance bonus to recover from a continuing effect)
Unbreakable Survivor (8 hp) 0/1
Martial Flexibility 0/5; knockout (DC 16) 0/1
Effects:

"... .. ... ....., ... .... ....!" Caspan silently screams at the others as he slams his fists into the plant in front of him.

Silence:

"Get in the fight, you lazy bums!"

Brawler's flurry (unarmed, Power Attack): 1d20 + 10 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 10 - 4 = 18
Damage: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
Brawler's flurry (unarmed, Power Attack): 1d20 + 10 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 10 - 4 = 23
Damage: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Jillian - Make another fort save or take another 1d2 ⇒ 1 CON damage.

Emil - The effect last a specific duration which has not elapsed yet, but it is also limited in distance. Selde, Nur, Pila and Father Emil are now all out of range.

Both of Caspan's fists connect with the plant, pummeling the amazingly strong creature. On the other side of the tree, Jillian's greatsword slices a huge section of the plant away just before all of Wren's missiles explode on it. Both creatures retaliate with tremendous force, slamming into both Jillian and Caspan as they try to embed spores into their bodies.

Jillian, Thael, Wren and Caspan make a DC16 Fort check. If you fail roll a D6 and consult the table below for your action/effect. This is a hallucination effect

Failed save:

1) You’re sinking in quicksand! Fall prone and spend 1 round flailing your arms and legs as if trying to swim.
2) Attacked by a swarm of spiders! Spend a full round action to attack the floor near you with your weapon.
3) An item you hold has turned into a viper! Drop it and flee from the item at top speed for 1 round.
4) You’re suffocating! Stand in place, hold your breath, and clutch at your throat for 1 round.
5) You’ve shrunk to 1/10th your normal size! Take no actions for 1 round and monsters won’t see you.
6) You’re melting! Grasp hold of yourself in an attempt to hold yourself together, and take no actions for 1 round.

Additionally, Both Caspan and Jillian need a DC16 Fort save for getting hit or take 1d2 ⇒ 2 damage as the spores take hold inside of your flesh.

R3: Plants, Selde, Thael, Wren, Father Emil, Jillian, Caspan

Attack Jillian: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29 Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Attack Caspan: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21 Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11


Female Aasimar | Paladin (Chosen One) 6 | HP 51/51 | AC 19 | T 12 | FF 17| CMD 21 | Fort +10 | Ref +8 | Will +9 | Init +2 | Perc +10 (Darkvision) | Portrait |
Languages:
Celestial, Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Goblin, Halfling, Hallit, Orc, Sylvan, Terran

Fort-OldCon: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
Fort-Hallucinations, ConDmg: 1d20 + 9 - 1 ⇒ (15) + 9 - 1 = 23
Fort-NewCon, ConDmg: 1d20 + 9 - 1 ⇒ (11) + 9 - 1 = 19

When the plant slams into her again she flinches in pain. Whatever these things were they were brutal and were starting to wear her down. She reaches down to one of the deep bruises left by the plant and touches it as it begins to heal.

LoH: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 6) = 8

She then glares at the one in front of her and slices at it again with her blade.

Attack, PE, FF: 1d20 + 10 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 10 - 2 + 2 = 14
Damage, PA: 2d6 + 4 + 6 ⇒ (5, 6) + 4 + 6 = 21

Status:

HP: 28/38 (Normally 43 but -5 for 2 Con damage)
AC: 19 (19 Base)
Lay on Hands: [X] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Smite Evil: [ ] [ ]
Spell-like Ability: Alter Self [ ]
Level 1 Spells: Protection from Evil [ ] [ ]


Character Sheet - Female Blightscarred Half-Elf Druid(Nature Fang) 6| HP: 42/42 NL: | AC:18(B:20) FF:13(B:15) T:15 CMD:20 | Ref:8 Fort:7 Will:8 | Init:7 | Perception: 12 (Low light vision, Darkvision 60ft, Blight Sense 30ft)

Selde shook her head as the spores cleared from her lungs. The images of her skin melting away faded from her mind as she took stock of the situation. Pausing a moment to pat Nur's neck in thanks, Selde took aim at the plant new Thael and loosed an arrow.

Move action Study Target, Standard Action attack Blue Plant. Knowledge Nature to recognize the plants.

C. Longbow; ST: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 10 + 2 = 23
Arrow; ST: 1d8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 2 = 5

K. Nature: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23


Female Halfling | Psychic (Faith) 6 | AC (17 with Mage Armor)14/13/12| HP 37/37| Init.+4 | Perc.+12 | CMD 13 |F+4, R+5, W+9(+2 vs Fear) | SenseMotive+6 | Phrenic Pool 5 points/day

Fort save 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

If failed, 1d6 ⇒ 3

Wren wasn’t holding any items, but it seemed as if her backpack was suddenly filled with poisonous snakes. She quickly shed it, and ran as fast as she could towards 1d8 ⇒ 1 the northern direction.


Portrait Male Human Cleric of Erastil 6 | hp: 39/39 | Init +2 |AC 18 Touch 13 FF 16 CMD 17| F: +6 R: +4 W: +8 | Perc +4 | Channels: 6/6 SWA: 9/9 BA: 6/6

Father Emil stops running as the hallucination fades and he realizes that his scythe had not turned into a python. Not wanting to get in range of the spores again he evokes a spirit longbow that appears near the vines and begins to fire arrows of force at the plants.

Pila too comes to her senses and returns to Emil's side, eagerly watching for a sign from Emil to attack, which she does not receive. Emil thinks it too risky.

Spiritual Weapon: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Force Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
The attack goes to whichever looks weaker or more damaged.

The Exchange

Human Wizard 5 / Arcane Savant 1 | HP 44/44 | AC 16; Tch 11; FF 15 | F +4; R +3; W +6 | CMB +1; CMD 12 | Speed 30 ft | Init +5 | mwk Quarterstaff: +2 (1d6-1) | Perc +11

Thael, with a gasp, finally manages to breathe again. He steps toward the fort with his back against the wall, and then reaches out his hand and casts a spell.

A fiery line of flame connects the two plant creatures for a moment, scorching each of them.

Fort: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

burning arc, 1st target (DC 19 Refl): 5d6 ⇒ (2, 5, 1, 1, 3) = 12
burning arc, 2nd target (DC 17 Refl): 2d6 ⇒ (4, 3) = 7


Male human brawler 6 64 hp | AC 18 / T 12 / FF 16) 25% chance to negate crits | CMB: +10* CMD: 22* | F: +8, R: +7, W: +2 | Per +9 | Init +2

Fortitude vs. Con: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Fortitude vs. hallucinations: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

Quick stats:

HP 35/54
AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16, CMD 21 (+2 vs. dirty trick; +3 vs. trip); 25% chance to negate criticals
Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +1 (+2 resistance bonus to recover from a continuing effect)
Unbreakable Survivor (8 hp) 0/1
Martial Flexibility 0/5; knockout (DC 16) 0/1
Effects:

Caspan grunts again as it lands another blow.

"..... ...... ....., a%+$%@~? ... ....!" he retorts, slamming fists into the thing again.

Brawler's flurry (unarmed, Power Attack): 1d20 + 10 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 10 - 4 = 16
Damage: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18
Brawler's flurry (unarmed, Power Attack): 1d20 + 10 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 10 - 4 = 20
Damage: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Jillian's attack falls short this time, slicing into only open air and not spore-plant.

Selde:
Selde identifies their attackers as Basidirond. These strange fungal plants are deadly plant monsters that feeds on mineral-rich moisture, be it runoff from cave walls or fresh blood. By ensuring a constant flow of nutritious moisture, canny cave dwellers can use basidironds as guardians for their lairs, although they must take care to avoid the plant’s hunting routes lest they become its latest victims.

Let me know one thing you'd like to know.

Emil's spiritual weapon shoots, but misses.

Thael's fire burns both plants about equally.

Caspan's first strike misses, but his second powerful blow connects and barely puts down the plant adjacent to him.

The other plant that Jillian misses retaliates and slams her once again. Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11 + DC16 Fort save for getting hit or take 1d2 ⇒ 1 CON damage as the spores take hold inside of your flesh.

R4: Plants, Selde, Thael, Wren, Father Emil, Jillian, Caspan

GM:

Reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Attack Jillian: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25


Character Sheet - Female Blightscarred Half-Elf Druid(Nature Fang) 6| HP: 42/42 NL: | AC:18(B:20) FF:13(B:15) T:15 CMD:20 | Ref:8 Fort:7 Will:8 | Init:7 | Perception: 12 (Low light vision, Darkvision 60ft, Blight Sense 30ft)

Any weaknesses?

With Caspan's punch downing her previous target, Selde took aim at the remaining Basidirond.

Move action Study Target, Standard Action Attack. Nur 5ft step next to Emil.

C. Longbow; ST, PBS: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 10 + 2 + 1 = 33
Crit Threat: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 10 + 2 + 1 = 23
Arrow; ST, PBS: 1d8 + 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 + 2 + 1 = 12
Crit Damage: 2d8 + 2 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (6, 1) + 2 + 4 + 2 = 15


Male human brawler 6 64 hp | AC 18 / T 12 / FF 16) 25% chance to negate crits | CMB: +10* CMD: 22* | F: +8, R: +7, W: +2 | Per +9 | Init +2

No hallucinatory spores?

Caspan circles around the plant, putting it between him and Jillian, and takes a wild swing.

Fist (Power Attack): 1d20 + 10 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 10 - 2 + 2 = 16


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Whoops. So the spores are still present for everyone nearby, in addition, it persists when you leave the cloud for 1d4 ⇒ 2 more rounds. Assuming last round was a breath of fresh air (because I don't want to retcon), assume everyone outside is still making their fort checks for a d6 in round four and five.

Selde:
Although a basidirond is immune to cold damage, any cold effect it is exposed to slows it for 1d4 rounds. During this time, the basidirond cannot use its hallucination cloud or spores.


Female Halfling | Psychic (Faith) 6 | AC (17 with Mage Armor)14/13/12| HP 37/37| Init.+4 | Perc.+12 | CMD 13 |F+4, R+5, W+9(+2 vs Fear) | SenseMotive+6 | Phrenic Pool 5 points/day

Fort save 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

If failed, 1d6 ⇒ 2


Female Halfling | Psychic (Faith) 6 | AC (17 with Mage Armor)14/13/12| HP 37/37| Init.+4 | Perc.+12 | CMD 13 |F+4, R+5, W+9(+2 vs Fear) | SenseMotive+6 | Phrenic Pool 5 points/day

Her head clear again, Wren blasts another magic missile at the thrashing plant.

Damage 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (2, 1, 1) + 3 = 7


Female Aasimar | Paladin (Chosen One) 6 | HP 51/51 | AC 19 | T 12 | FF 17| CMD 21 | Fort +10 | Ref +8 | Will +9 | Init +2 | Perc +10 (Darkvision) | Portrait |
Languages:
Celestial, Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Goblin, Halfling, Hallit, Orc, Sylvan, Terran

Fort-Hallucinations: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
Fort-ConNew: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

Attack, PE, FF: 1d20 + 10 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 10 - 2 + 2 = 18
Damage, PA: 2d6 + 4 + 6 ⇒ (1, 6) + 4 + 6 = 17

Jillian still is unaffected by whatever seemed to be causing a problem for most of the rest of her group, but these stupid plants kept putting seeds in her that felt like they were draining her life away. Even so she swings out to try and end this last plant.

Bah wasting all my good rolls on stupid Fort saves! Oh forgot my con save...


Portrait Male Human Cleric of Erastil 6 | hp: 39/39 | Init +2 |AC 18 Touch 13 FF 16 CMD 17| F: +6 R: +4 W: +8 | Perc +4 | Channels: 6/6 SWA: 9/9 BA: 6/6

Emil Fort: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Pila Fort: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

Emil breathes cautiously, avoiding a fresh gust of spores that drifts his way, as does Pila. He draws his bow and shoots an arrow at the remaining vine.

+1 longbow: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
+1 longbow, confirm threat: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Critical Damage: 2d8 + 2 ⇒ (1, 7) + 2 = 10
Spiritual Weapon: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Force Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

If the vine that the spiritual weapon attacked last turn was killed, the weapon cannot attack this turn, since Emil used his move action to ready his bow so he cannot redirect it.

The Exchange

Human Wizard 5 / Arcane Savant 1 | HP 44/44 | AC 16; Tch 11; FF 15 | F +4; R +3; W +6 | CMB +1; CMD 12 | Speed 30 ft | Init +5 | mwk Quarterstaff: +2 (1d6-1) | Perc +11

Still able to breathe, Thael focuses on dispatching the one he had hit before, the one engaged with Caspan.

A spiky ball of force strikes it with a loud impact.

fort save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

heightened battering blast (ranged touch): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 153d6 ⇒ (6, 4, 1) = 11
bull rush attempt (Int+CL): 1d20 + 6 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 6 + 5 = 24


Character Sheet - Female Blightscarred Half-Elf Druid(Nature Fang) 6| HP: 42/42 NL: | AC:18(B:20) FF:13(B:15) T:15 CMD:20 | Ref:8 Fort:7 Will:8 | Init:7 | Perception: 12 (Low light vision, Darkvision 60ft, Blight Sense 30ft)

Selde Fort: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Selde Bad Stuff: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Nur Fort: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Nur Bad Stuff: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Quote:
You’ve shrunk to 1/10th your normal size! Take no actions for 1 round and monsters won’t see you.

Hahaha so do Nur and Selde actually shrink? Either way that crit is lost.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

What is the area of silence exactly? I think that I may have missed this. All these spells are being thrown around everywhere, should they all still be going off?

The spiritual weapon it attacked was killed after it missed last round.

Where is Thael bullrushing the plant? I'm assuming it can just move back to it's current position on its turn? If that's not accurate, let me know and I'll adjust.

Emil's arrow critically strikes the plant just after Thael's spell blasts it and knocks it back. Jillian strikes the plant, but Caspan misses. I think Caspan needs a check for spores last round still. Everyone still needs to make their spore saves!

The plant moves back and strikes at Wren, slamming into her. Wren takes 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14 DC16 Fort save for getting hit or take 1d2 ⇒ 2 CON damage as the spores take hold inside of your flesh.

R5: Plants, Selde, Thael, Wren, Father Emil, Jillian, Caspan

Attack Wren: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22


Female Aasimar | Paladin (Chosen One) 6 | HP 51/51 | AC 19 | T 12 | FF 17| CMD 21 | Fort +10 | Ref +8 | Will +9 | Init +2 | Perc +10 (Darkvision) | Portrait |
Languages:
Celestial, Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Goblin, Halfling, Hallit, Orc, Sylvan, Terran

Fort-Hallucinations: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

Attack, PE, FF: 1d20 + 10 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 10 - 2 + 2 = 13
Damage, PA: 2d6 + 4 + 6 ⇒ (6, 1) + 4 + 6 = 17

Jillian continues to avoid breathing in the spore cloud, but it seems to become a bit more difficult as she start breathing heavier. She strikes out at the ridiculously strong plant yet again but it seems her wounds are getting the better of her. Still in pain from the vicious plant she reaches down to heal some of her own wounds.

LoH: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 5) = 8

Wren cast it on a stone, which someone (?) is carrying. Would assume probably Jillian, Selde or Caspan. However, when the fighting started would assume we dropped it, where we were. So 20ft radius somewhere around the plants. Looks like it would effect spells if people are close to the plants (unless we just want to say whoever was carrying the stone tossed a short distance away, in which case there would definitely be battle sounds.


Female Halfling | Psychic (Faith) 6 | AC (17 with Mage Armor)14/13/12| HP 37/37| Init.+4 | Perc.+12 | CMD 13 |F+4, R+5, W+9(+2 vs Fear) | SenseMotive+6 | Phrenic Pool 5 points/day

Psychic spells are unaffected by Silence, best I can tell.


Male human brawler 6 64 hp | AC 18 / T 12 / FF 16) 25% chance to negate crits | CMB: +10* CMD: 22* | F: +8, R: +7, W: +2 | Per +9 | Init +2

Wren is correct.

Fortitude (last round): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Fortitude: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

Quick stats:

HP 35/54
AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16, CMD 21 (+2 vs. dirty trick; +3 vs. trip); 25% chance to negate criticals
Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +1 (+2 resistance bonus to recover from a continuing effect)
Unbreakable Survivor (8 hp) 0/1
Martial Flexibility 0/5; knockout (DC 16) 0/1
Effects:

Caspan sniffles a little bit as the dust in the air starts to make his nose run. Annoyed at the stupid plant sex getting all over him, he keeps trying to punch it down, coordinating his blows with Jillian.

Brawler's flurry (unarmed, Power Attack): 1d20 + 10 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 10 - 4 + 2 = 23
Damage: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17
Brawler's flurry (unarmed, Power Attack): 1d20 + 10 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 10 - 4 + 2 = 16


Portrait Male Human Cleric of Erastil 6 | hp: 39/39 | Init +2 |AC 18 Touch 13 FF 16 CMD 17| F: +6 R: +4 W: +8 | Perc +4 | Channels: 6/6 SWA: 9/9 BA: 6/6

Ref: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Result: 1d6 ⇒ 5
Fort: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

Emil shakes his head and stands looking up at something high above him, making no sound and taking no actions. Pila looks at him nervously, standing ready to defend her companion.


Character Sheet - Female Blightscarred Half-Elf Druid(Nature Fang) 6| HP: 42/42 NL: | AC:18(B:20) FF:13(B:15) T:15 CMD:20 | Ref:8 Fort:7 Will:8 | Init:7 | Perception: 12 (Low light vision, Darkvision 60ft, Blight Sense 30ft)

Selde Fort: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Nur Fort: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

Move action Study Target, Standard Action Attack. Nur 5ft step

C. Longbow; ST, PBS: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 10 + 2 + 1 = 21
Arrow; ST, PBS: 1d8 + 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 + 2 + 1 = 11


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

There isn't any way Thael could be outside of the silence range at 20' radius. Also, you are further apart than a 20' radius now, so not all of your sounds are silenced.

Waiting to hear from Thael about spellcasting in the silence.

The Exchange

Human Wizard 5 / Arcane Savant 1 | HP 44/44 | AC 16; Tch 11; FF 15 | F +4; R +3; W +6 | CMB +1; CMD 12 | Speed 30 ft | Init +5 | mwk Quarterstaff: +2 (1d6-1) | Perc +11

Yeah--sorry. I completely forgot about the silence effect. I can't cast any spells with verbal components. I'll cower behind Caspan.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

ll let the first flame spell that killed the other plant stand, but I'll kill your action from last round so you get that spell back. You have an actin from them you can use other than cower if you like. Additionally, don't forget your spore fort save each round. Also, is Wren taking actions this round?


Female Halfling | Psychic (Faith) 6 | AC (17 with Mage Armor)14/13/12| HP 37/37| Init.+4 | Perc.+12 | CMD 13 |F+4, R+5, W+9(+2 vs Fear) | SenseMotive+6 | Phrenic Pool 5 points/day

Fort save 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Sorry, focused on the Silence discussion and didn’t realize I hadn’t taken an action. Roll20 is running super slow for me today, so I can’t get to the map. If there is a safe way to withdraw, I’ll do that. If not, I’ll take a total defense action, hoping I get lucky and it misses me!

The Exchange

Human Wizard 5 / Arcane Savant 1 | HP 44/44 | AC 16; Tch 11; FF 15 | F +4; R +3; W +6 | CMB +1; CMD 12 | Speed 30 ft | Init +5 | mwk Quarterstaff: +2 (1d6-1) | Perc +11

Thael tries to strike one of the creatures with his quarterstaff, his blows nowhere near as powerful as Caspan's.

mwk quarterstaff: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 181d6 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Thael still needs his DC16 fort save and D6 as well before he can take an attack action this round. Wren you failed your fort save so no withdraw, you need to roll D6 as well. For reference, here is the effect list.

Spore Cloud effects:

1) You’re sinking in quicksand! Fall prone and spend 1 round flailing your arms and legs as if trying to swim.
2) Attacked by a swarm of spiders! Spend a full round action to attack the floor near you with your weapon.
3) An item you hold has turned into a viper! Drop it and flee from the item at top speed for 1 round.
4) You’re suffocating! Stand in place, hold your breath, and clutch at your throat for 1 round.
5) You’ve shrunk to 1/10th your normal size! Take no actions for 1 round and monsters won’t see you.
6) You’re melting! Grasp hold of yourself in an attempt to hold yourself together, and take no actions for 1 round.

Selde and Caspan both land strong strikes against the plant and its obviously it can't take much more of this punishment, barely clinging on as it is. The plant lashes out with its spores and buries them in Caspan's chest, piercing his flesh and trying to embed its seed in his body. 9 damage + DC16 Fort save for getting hit or take 1d2 ⇒ 2 CON damage as the spores take hold inside of your flesh.

R6: Plants, Selde, Thael, Wren, Father Emil, Jillian, Caspan

Atack Caspan: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28
Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9


Character Sheet - Female Blightscarred Half-Elf Druid(Nature Fang) 6| HP: 42/42 NL: | AC:18(B:20) FF:13(B:15) T:15 CMD:20 | Ref:8 Fort:7 Will:8 | Init:7 | Perception: 12 (Low light vision, Darkvision 60ft, Blight Sense 30ft)

I believe Selde has been out of the spores for 2 rounds now.

Finally shaking loose the effects of the spores, Selde quickly loosed several arrows at the remaining plant.

C.Longbow; ST, PBS, RS: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 10 + 2 + 1 - 2 = 15
Arrow; ST, PBS: 1d8 + 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 2 + 1 = 5

C.Longbow; ST, PBS, RS: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 10 + 2 + 1 - 2 = 28
Arrow; ST, PBS: 1d8 + 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 2 + 1 = 5

The Exchange

Human Wizard 5 / Arcane Savant 1 | HP 44/44 | AC 16; Tch 11; FF 15 | F +4; R +3; W +6 | CMB +1; CMD 12 | Speed 30 ft | Init +5 | mwk Quarterstaff: +2 (1d6-1) | Perc +11

Thael returns to grabbing his throat, no air to breathe.

fort save (bad stuff): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 141d6 ⇒ 4


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

Selde's second shot finally finishes off the plant, dropping it and causing it to fall off the log.

Out of combat!


Male human brawler 6 64 hp | AC 18 / T 12 / FF 16) 25% chance to negate crits | CMB: +10* CMD: 22* | F: +8, R: +7, W: +2 | Per +9 | Init +2

Fortitude: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Fortitude: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

Quick stats:

HP 26/54
AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16, CMD 21 (+2 vs. dirty trick; +3 vs. trip); 25% chance to negate criticals
Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +1 (+2 resistance bonus to recover from a continuing effect)
Unbreakable Survivor (8 hp) 0/1
Martial Flexibility 0/5; knockout (DC 16) 0/1
Effects:

Caspan lets forth a stream of invective that it's probably just as well no one can hear. He turns to look at Emil to see if the old man can heal him, and also ask why no one was helping him for most of that fight. They just kept cowering, like cowards! Of course, again, no one can hear him complain.


Female Aasimar | Paladin (Chosen One) 6 | HP 51/51 | AC 19 | T 12 | FF 17| CMD 21 | Fort +10 | Ref +8 | Will +9 | Init +2 | Perc +10 (Darkvision) | Portrait |
Languages:
Celestial, Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Goblin, Halfling, Hallit, Orc, Sylvan, Terran

Hey Jillian was right there with you the whole time, she just kept missing...

With the plant finally dead Jillian kicks it for good measure as she looks to the others to see how they are holding up.


Character Sheet - Female Blightscarred Half-Elf Druid(Nature Fang) 6| HP: 42/42 NL: | AC:18(B:20) FF:13(B:15) T:15 CMD:20 | Ref:8 Fort:7 Will:8 | Init:7 | Perception: 12 (Low light vision, Darkvision 60ft, Blight Sense 30ft)

With the final plant defeated, Selde quickly rejoined the group. Leaping down from Nur, Selde moved to the gasping Thael. Knowing the spores effects temporary, Selde did her best to comfort her brother and calm him down.


Female Halfling | Psychic (Faith) 6 | AC (17 with Mage Armor)14/13/12| HP 37/37| Init.+4 | Perc.+12 | CMD 13 |F+4, R+5, W+9(+2 vs Fear) | SenseMotive+6 | Phrenic Pool 5 points/day

”It feels like the spores are inside me,” Wren calls out in agony, forgetting that the others could hear her over her magic.

Wren angrily dismisses the spells and whispers the above to the others.


Female Aasimar | Paladin (Chosen One) 6 | HP 51/51 | AC 19 | T 12 | FF 17| CMD 21 | Fort +10 | Ref +8 | Will +9 | Init +2 | Perc +10 (Darkvision) | Portrait |
Languages:
Celestial, Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Goblin, Halfling, Hallit, Orc, Sylvan, Terran

Able to hear again Jillian nods as she whispers back "It will pass. It was the same for me, but eventually it stopped hurting. I don't think there are any long term effects...?" she says the last part as a question.

Shrugging she continues "Either way, seems like someone set those up as guards. Doubt it would be hobgbolins though, so maybe the rangers are still here? We should go check inside once everyone is healed up." She looks to Emil and nods for him to come over in hopes he can treat all of their wounds.


DD | ROTR1 | ROTR2 | II | TG1 | TG2 | JR1 | JR2

What is the plan for entry now given what you have learned??


Portrait Male Human Cleric of Erastil 6 | hp: 39/39 | Init +2 |AC 18 Touch 13 FF 16 CMD 17| F: +6 R: +4 W: +8 | Perc +4 | Channels: 6/6 SWA: 9/9 BA: 6/6

Emil recovers from his hallucination of being a tiny cleric, and while the others are recovering from their own bouts with the spores, he retrieves his scythe, makes sure the vines are completely severed from their roots, and then gathers everyone around for some group healing.

Say when ...

Positive Energy Channel: 3d6 ⇒ (1, 5, 1) = 7

Positive Energy Channel: 3d6 ⇒ (4, 2, 2) = 8

Positive Energy Channel: 3d6 ⇒ (6, 1, 2) = 9

Anyone need more?


Portrait Male Human Cleric of Erastil 6 | hp: 39/39 | Init +2 |AC 18 Touch 13 FF 16 CMD 17| F: +6 R: +4 W: +8 | Perc +4 | Channels: 6/6 SWA: 9/9 BA: 6/6

Emil prepared a spell that converts water into alcohol. He also has create water prepared. If we aren’t immediately attacked and if it seems diplomacy might work, he’s prepared to create water and the turn it into alcohol as a gift, if they want to keep partying or just want some hair of the dog.


Character Sheet - Female Blightscarred Half-Elf Druid(Nature Fang) 6| HP: 42/42 NL: | AC:18(B:20) FF:13(B:15) T:15 CMD:20 | Ref:8 Fort:7 Will:8 | Init:7 | Perception: 12 (Low light vision, Darkvision 60ft, Blight Sense 30ft)

If Wren is allowed to ret-con dismissing silence we don't have to worry about the alarm trap. Move inside with Selde keeping a looking with her aerial magic sensor.


Male human brawler 6 64 hp | AC 18 / T 12 / FF 16) 25% chance to negate crits | CMB: +10* CMD: 22* | F: +8, R: +7, W: +2 | Per +9 | Init +2

I'm down 4 hp still, but I think that's probably OK.

Quick stats:

HP 26/54
AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16, CMD 21 (+2 vs. dirty trick; +3 vs. trip); 25% chance to negate criticals
Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +1 (+2 resistance bonus to recover from a continuing effect)
Unbreakable Survivor (8 hp) 0/1
Martial Flexibility 0/5; knockout (DC 16) 0/1
Effects:

I also thought we were going in under the silence spell, so let's assume it's not dismissed yet.

Caspan waits for the others to be ready and then proceeds to lead the way in.


Female Halfling | Psychic (Faith) 6 | AC (17 with Mage Armor)14/13/12| HP 37/37| Init.+4 | Perc.+12 | CMD 13 |F+4, R+5, W+9(+2 vs Fear) | SenseMotive+6 | Phrenic Pool 5 points/day

Wren decides to not dismiss her spell just yet, still feeling sick at her stomach from the last battle.

The Exchange

Human Wizard 5 / Arcane Savant 1 | HP 44/44 | AC 16; Tch 11; FF 15 | F +4; R +3; W +6 | CMB +1; CMD 12 | Speed 30 ft | Init +5 | mwk Quarterstaff: +2 (1d6-1) | Perc +11

Thael finally snaps out of the effect the plant-creature had upon him.

"I have never felt so vulnerable," he thinks. "With no spells to cast, and then--whatever it was doing to us. Let us hope there are no more of them. And well done, Caspan."

3,051 to 3,100 of 3,548 << first < prev | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM ShadowLord's Ironfang Invasion All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.